Get into guild with intent to apply to their second raiding team that starts in august

>Get into guild with intent to apply to their second raiding team that starts in august
>Do official applicationy stuff today
>GM ran a mythic with me and liked what he saw
>offer to work me into group one
>Insist I want group 2 (scheduling reasons)
>Still subbing in for someone the second Tuesday after raids start
>was afraid I would be condemned to LFR playing Havoc DH
Feels great man

Legion thread

There's a general for this shit.
Oh, and
>playing DH

>do you have any previous experience being a cuck
>yes
>youre hired to play a video game you pay monthly for

t. warcuck

>he browses /vg/

>implying

Warrior, actually.

>waiting 11 months to raid

>criticizes someone for playing DH
>plays warrior
>you're either fury (which makes you complete shit), arms (fotm player) or protection (fotm: tank edition)

You have no room to speak, buddy.

I was fury vanilla-wrath and the tiny bits of cata, mop, and Wod I came back for. That class hall was the last fucking straw for me.

Cast it aside friend. Play a class Blizzard actually gives a shit about

>doing all of this shit
>for a secondary raid team

That's what you get for playing DPS. I joined my raid last xpac. They went 6/13M before they got disheartened with the expansion, and have been solidly progressing each other expansion.

I tagged alon for some mythics last xpac, tanked a normal HFC and was given green light to main/off tank with them into legion. Now I'm leading mythic dungeon runs, and am one of the highest geared people on my raid. Last expansion I was durdling in orgrimmar, at 670 ilvl when everybody was in full heroic gear.

Literally I did was talk shit with the Guild leader, hop on mumble and talk shit (they're basically all Cred Forums tier shitlords) while getting gear and having a ball.

I play arms because it's fun. Prot isn't even FoTM tank, that's guardian druid or Prot paladin, they're so easy to play and easy to heal right now.

Arms is literally the best it has ever been.

>be me
>be ret paladin
>can't be ganked
>smiting people left and right
>all in the name of the light
Feels radiant, brother

>in actuality i'm just chasing after them as they're all faster than me, but I never die because my self heals are dumb and I have a magic force field you can't touch me na na

Arms is just as fun as any other pruned DPS class, except ret paladin which is somehow just as boring as ever . Just admit the DPS is the fun aspect.

Arms is legitimately 100% fun.

I like the OPstrikes, Overpower build more than anything else, but I pull out the FR mortal strike for a million build when my guild needs to DPS on progression, but like I said i'm main tank.

I like the DPS, but I like the playstyle. Nothing better than charging something, hitting all your cooldowns and watching as you smash the everloving fuck out of it. The big numbers are cool, but the animations going all over the screen, numbers popping up left and right and the meaty "thwack" sounds your sword makes are glorious.

>Applied to 5 top 100 guilds
>All declined
Well I guess I'll just quit this shitty game.

>guild is rank 38 on server
>am in good books with almost every player in guild
>one of 3-4 plate wearers
>tank
>first time properly raiding

Last time I raided, it was covering for my dad while he had a nap on his druid healer.

No idea wtf I was doing, i spammed heals on everybody. It worked.

>Arms is fun
Kill yourself nigger

>do no damage
>can't die

wow, what a fun way to play

You mad that I get to play a fun spec and outdamage almost every other spec in the game?

That's literally paladin. You do next to no damage in any spec while levelling, but you'll never die. Not even in pvp. Just pop a bubble, stun them, heal yourself and watch as they run because there's almost literally no way to deal with it. Even if they do no damage, it slowly adds up.

I was a Warrior in vanilla through WotLK and I intend to sticking with Warrior. Of course I have played other classes but Warriors still seem the most fun to me.

It's funny getting called out for playing "fotm" even though I've been a Warrior for pretty much my whole WoW career.

Shhh, he's just another salty nostalrius faggot who tries to pretend he's actually playing retail, don't reply to him

>muh dps
Arms is dog shit, tad better then wod but still dog shit the way it plays mechanically. Enjoy it while it lasts nigger because warriors are always first to be nerfed.
t. arms main since wrath

>joining a guild that requires an application

holy shit lmao

its a game

>You mad that I get to play a fun spec

lol

All specs are the same, none are fun to play

Can someone tell me why the raids haven't been made available? Is this some beta release of Legion or what?

I'm sorry you hate fun user, it's okay. You'll stop playing games soon and die alone in a 1 bedroom apartment.

It's fun though. Always something to do in the spec, if you're not playing FR mortal strike build.

I can't understand how you played Wrath Warrior and can stomach Legion Warrior

your guild sounds shit

>mfw in comfy guild full of asians
>we do mythics and rotate people so everyone gets a chance to play
>first raid tomorrow and everyones friendly and hyped
>literally no hierarchy bullshit or faggot GM/Officers

Honestly the GM/Officer elitism is what kills the game.

I play tank. Tanking has always been fun for me.

Raids are always locked for the first month as of the last two expansions.

I'm actually leveling a warrior right now. Only L36 but should I be using Whirlwind for two mobs or stick to ST at that low amount?

>I'm sorry you hate fun user, it's okay.

I'm sorry that you think finger DDR gameplay is fun.

Why don't you go learn a musical instrument? That would actually be productive.

>locking raids to keep people from completing the content too soon

This has to be illegal

Most of the playerbase is okay with it. Hell, look at the insane amount of defenders that these threads receive when it is mentioned.

>trying MMOs after Legion started to bore me
>mfw I realize Runescape is actually fucking good and criminally underrated

How come no one on Cred Forums plays it?

Man, I wonder who defends their company more: blizzcucks or valvefags

Such a fun fucking spec pressing nothing but FR for 3 stacks and mortal strike and hoping for rng tactician procs.

>modern runescape

I play a shadow priest now and its literally fun af

especially when I top PvP and I know people get mad.

>Modern Runescape
Not even once, A Friend maxed out one of his accounts with under 3 days played using micro transactions.

>Free to play
It's shit

Please respond.

Because Eldevin exists.

>Survival unironically isn't as survivable as the ranged Hunter specs because now you have to stand in shit
>Marksmanship with a pet is garbage
>Forced to be BM to solo stuff

>I play a shadow priest now and its literally fun af

No it isn't.

3 days played with almost a year or two's worth of micro transactions week long events
lol just kidding its still retarded and that shit has no place in the game

the only stat that matters now is haste.
i'm stacking haste as a blood DK.

didn't we go through this before where haste was too good of a stat and needed to be nerfed?
we're looking at a World of Hastecraft 2.0

h o e s m a d

You can find decent class guides on wowhead.

?

I haven't leveled as Arms in a forever but it's better to focus on single target unless your gear is decked out.

im thinking about starting a new toon senpai

what should I roll right now

my play skill is 3/10

i miss mastery on everything blood dk

Yep shit is retarded, fastest max before him was something like 55 days played.

I still don't have a legendary.
I don't even care anymore.

BM is annoying as fuck to play now too with the constant "rrrarrgghh" when you cast kill command/dire beast.

It really is.

You have no idea how rewarding it is to play defense in BGs. I used to spam rank 1 Consecration to keep rogues at bay. I once held a rugged defense of Frostwolf Keep, giving inches for countless dead - when we retreated into Drek'Thar's court I stunned tanks, silenced and put healers to sleep causing wipes.

Anybody can cap a flag, not everyone can hold it.

>nothing but FR

wrong. weaving FR and mortal strike/slam is the way to go.

mastery fucking sucks now on blood, it even soft caps its self after a while.
haste and crit, literally NEED dps gear.
blizzard doesn't know how to design classes

Spriest is great. I have always played melee dps so the priest was my first ever caster class. I really enjoy dotting up people, running away just to see their HP ticking away slowly while they desperately try to stay alive.

>mastery
>versatility
>haste

What the fuck do these stats even mean?

Why did they replace the old stats that slightly made sense with these new ones that are vague and ambiguous?

>my main classes mastery is literally "more hp and more healing recieved"
>versatility is still mathematically better

feel like if vers is your classes mainstat it's fucked, vers should always be complimentary to at least one better stat (vengeance for example is mas>vers and some haste, which is fine with me)

>2 resources
>build up insanity to go dark for like 10 seconds
>SW:P does less damage as shadow than it does for disc

>still posting on 4chins
>"if i talk hard enough i might be able to convince myself i like this"

If you actually liked it that much you would not have time to be here.
MMO 101.

>shit tier gm is impressed by dh trash cleave dmg

Have they brought back night time yet?

>Fury
>In Vanilla
Let me tell you how I know you're lying

Nigga I'm dead fuckign serious

Also some of the best DPS in vanilla were leather fury

Hand of Hindrance + Law and Order talent are pretty good actually

Surrender to madness is fun as fuck tho, and it allows for some sick dps once you unlock mass hysteria

Some of us are masturbating tho
T28-434

>filling out applications to play a game

you MMOfags never cease to amaze me

>playing paladin

Guilty as charged

>Join a "relaxed" mythic eye of azshara for quest
>I'm tanking, the first mythic I've done
>the rest of the group doesn't even know the basic mechanics of the bosses
>like they didn't even try to understand the mechanics
>so many wipes
>I was the last person alive on the last boss.

why the fuck would you join a mythic dungeon if you haven't even learned from normal or heroic? I really don't fucking get it.

I just got my artifact fishing pole, am I cool now

Your still playing this expansion?

Not really since there are a billion problems with the thing apparently

Dont know a single fisherman who is happy with it as anything other than a show off item

>Surrender to madness is fun as fuck tho

why is it fun?

Heroics don't teach you shit. They're so faceroll now that people just ignore mechanics and burn bosses on most of them.

Game is shit if any of you are considering buying it skip it, they literally made WoD 2.0.

Thank fuck for CD key sellers

y u lie tho

surrender to madness is fun because of the amount of damage you can deal while its activated..

would have been the edgiest talent in the game if it wasn't immediately nerfed... now you cant be res'd for 3 minutes after using it

and spriest is fun as fuck in legion

>apply to ANY guild
>declined because I'm ret

yeah i know this feel.

>can't be ganked
Except rogues actually shit all over rets, if you mean bubble hearthing is a win then sure.

What problems are people having? I like having a chance to fish an entire pool in one cast, makes fishing fast as hell

The teleport to pool thing doesn't work, and its a pain in the ass to get.

It's working for me, has a five minute cooldown though so it's pretty useless

I love how seriously people take raiding in wow. Like it's some hardcore thing or something. I browse Cred Forums while healing in raids because there is literally zero challenge involved. Are people that bad at this game or am I missing something? I just don't get it

>Waiting for someone to invite me to a guild without using a generic message
>It's been a week

I guess I shouldn't expect to get a real invite any time soon.

That's because you are healing, and healing is literally braindead and requires no skill. ESPECIALLY if you play a druid because hots.

why is it fun? Asking genuinely, sortve want to level one, but i've never played a caster seriously.

It looks difficult to play

People think your need to be some fucking genius to click buttons in order and not stand in fire.
The whole application process pisses me off.
Any Joe schmo can play world of Warcraft.

It works it just has a uselessly-small range of 200m with a recast time of 5m. Removing one or the other would make it marginally useful.

This, I swear to god, joining a guild is like applying to a fucking job these days.

I preffer to not play with drama 1-day baddies thanks

Enjoy whiping in lfr as I clear mythic with friends I have played with for over 6 years now

Give it a shot, app takes like 5 min to write anyway, put some effort in it

I play mw monk and are you implying the other jobs are hard? The only thing that requires half your attention span would be tanking. I can't stand how badly they casualized this game but there isn't anything else to play

Yeah I talked to my guild leader about this at first

>"Why don't you have a website and application form?"
>"dude it's a video game, if you aren't shit you're welcome to come on raids unless we have too many of your class/armor type"

And that's when I woke up and realized wow is just a fucking video game and I had to stop taking the serious approach to raiding. My current guild is fun as fuck.

>mfw fire mage
>mfw at 53% crit
>mfw gonna keep stacking crit

also
>mfw 10 seconds into my burst

How comes that the XIV playerbase is so much better in very, very relative terms than the WoW one? Not even baiting here, the amount of people who don't interrupt, always stand in fire I honestly thought that was a meme and didn't think it real can never be bothered with adds and literally have a worse dps than the tank are staggering. Out of 3 randomd dps 2 are shit.

Not saying XIV is great, but those guys atleast survive shit and some of the class's rotations are hard enough to warrant some shit dps sometimes.

19 hours left bros

What should I do?

nah

i'd rather play with john the 35 year old factory worker who plays WoW when hes beat from work and just wants to kill some bosses

rather than playing with carlos the 21 year old mcdonalds worker who spergs out over everything because Wow is his entire life

stop abusing spoilers you stupid fucking faggot

go back to /vg/ because only people from there use spoilers like that

rekt

They aren't really that much better unless you mean players on the Japanese servers. Those guys are great. I've played both games for thousands of hours and people are just as incompetent on the na servers

The playerbase is about the same skill-wise honestly.

I was forced to play tank in XIV due to how bad people were, and I suspect I will have to do the same in WoW.

>MUH SAFE SPACE, BACK TO /vg/!

underage as well

just leave dude

WoW has more kids and underage players. XIV has more grils and middle aged women.

Pick your poison.

>mythic violet hold
>2 dps never stop attacking the boss when the tank always tells them to kill the adds
>tank does not move all fight so the single dps that goes after the beetles is always out of range from the healer
5+ spitting scarabs every fight
why god why

Then just join one of the billion other guilds that don't require it aka 99% of guilds. I honestly don't see the problem in top guilds wanting applications to join. It filters the nondedicated shitters out right from the start.

I'll agree Fury is shit but Arms isn't FotM and Prot has literally been the "old reliable" of tank specs for nearly the entirety of WoW.

Stop playing Alliance

You've obviously never seen a priest's mass dispel you banana. Paladins are ez mode. Hunters are Cunters.

are you joking? noobdy under 18 plays wow lmao

80% of the playerbase is over 25

Don't be underage.

Nice proof you got there turbonigger

RS3 is fun as fuck to play casually

>Literally just AFK in your class instead of your garrison, the expansion.

I don't even know why I fell for it this time.

Huge part of that is because WoW is absolutely shit at communicating mechanics. XIV is always very, very clear with their indicators while shit in WoW is all over the place.

>he does LFR

>80% of the playerbase is over 25
lol

Click the laser light show you fucking moron. It clears all the scarabs and tentacles on those bosses.

Link them mythic and hard mode achievements, nigger.

This game is such a fucking depressing mess of what it used to be.

Community interaction is stifled. They added "even the downiest lardbeast can do this" padding to nearly everything. There is literally nothing to discover. The game is a stupid treadmill, and every time I think of returning because of how much I used to like it, it always turns out wrong.

Fuck blizzard.

bro teenagers don't play mmos, period.

they all play shit like csgo and dota

Here is how this shit will go down:

>log in into your class order hall
>send followers on missions
>check map for WQ, hoping to finally get a cache with Legendary loot
>do that
>raid once a week
>or mythic+ once a week
>log out
>can't be bothered with an alt due to AP, Profession and Class Quests or due to being behind everyone because of no Legendary
>complain there is no content

saw your post late, but if you're still here

the rotation takes some getting used to but you can deal real good damage regardless of what some people might say.. my guess is they have never taken spriest seriously and definitely never tried one. Most people that shit on spriest think priests should only heal. but fuck em.

if you have < 3 targets you pain and vampric touch all of them and than mind sear / flay during mind burst cooldown, then you voildform and void bolt resets the counters on your dots. ehh dont feel like writing a novel but you get the idea

when you get your artifact you get a gnarly channeled spell

honestly I have topped the DPS in the dungeons and usually am top 3 in BG. Sometimes a monk will out dps me by a lot but I do good fucking damage senpai

They fucked you, look how angry you are lmao.

I think I need a raid team to keep playing this game, and I don't think I have the drive to find one. Its an unpleasant feeling.

>applied to a comfy guild that doesn't give a shit, wants to do mythic, but is fine about failing it
>we are growing closer and having lots of fun
>I don't even really care about raids anymore, I want to have more fun with em

I'm with ya. Ill probably stay subbed and do world quests for the boxes and grind artifact power for no reason. I'm also shit at PVP but I'll probably reach max prestige out of boredom.

>main affliction warlock since cata
>plot suicide every day I play my class

Ok so I got on my enchancement shammy alt and what even the fuck happened.

I dunno. I might be able to do one more month, but then I'll get bored and quit.

>raid 14-16 hours a week
>with a bunch of college social retards and most of them are gonna be cancerous faggots that rage the moment something happens or you disagree with their opinion
>1 hour daily quests a day
>daily heroic for AP or left behind
>do 10 mythic dungeons a week for AP or get left behind
>mythic+ for free 865 to titanforged 880 gear or gkicked for being lazy
>flasks costs 1000 gold, you need 16 of them
>potions cost 250 gold, you use them twice per fight
>runes cost 500 gold, you use them everytime you die

Or I could just work in real life for 25 buckazoids an hour or someshit, would probably be more fun too.

Here we go again, pretty much every thread.

Thanks senpai.

faggot liar. Either that or your team is carrying your ass. Do yourself and everyone a favor and commit suicide

appreciate this post user, may try playing one, thanks a lot.

forgot to ask, without spoiling anything, if possible, how good is the class halls quest? does it have anything to do with shadow or is it all holy shit?

Finally, someone who's on the same page as me.
I usually run the game in fullscreen windowed and watch over everyone's health bars while browsing Cred Forums

I hope you don't actually use slam hardly at all.

>I WILL DROWN YOU ALL LIKE RATS.
>All of your DPS die.

What did Blizzard mean by this?

Haste+vers(triple dip for tanking)/crit(big dick deeps).

Here, like, 50% of the tank specs.

Guardian is versatility stacking over anything else.

Gotta agree user, the animations make the class so fucking great. I was blown away when I loaded up my warrior Nd started hitting shit. You literally feel like a big brolic dude that just wants to fuck shit up.

And same for DH

As I said, 50% aprox.

Most people do seem to have a haste-stiffy.

Thought DH was mastery > versatility > some haste > crit?

How does this expansion compare to pandas and WoD?

I meant that they don't go haste>vers(survival)/crit(dps).

DK and War go like that, brewmasters drink bleach, Bears and DH like vers (and mastery on DH case) and paladins are a meme and nobody likes them. But I think it was also haste stack.

so far miles better than wod, i'd say it's started off better than panda, but if it'll be better by the end, not sure.

Panda was on it's own level of good by the end of the xpac, at least compared to cata.

>pandas
>good

>wow how am I burned out over a 12 year old game

The raiding in mists was fantastic. Throne of thunder is probably the second best raid they ever made.

SoO carrying on for as long as it did was probably the only shitty part of the expansion.

shit race, doesn't mean the xpac wasn't good though.

>Have successful interview in WOW
>Still NEET in real life

Nothing to discover? There are still several artifact skins no one knows how to get. Try to figure those out.

b-b-b-but it's not a thing if it's not on wowhead or mmochamp, i-i-i-it's nothing to discover since it's probably not even ingame if those sites doesn't know about them!

Have you ran 3 DH's before? Got poor unfortunate souls ach with guildys, 3 DH, 1 DH tank and druid heals.

Also funny when you do LFM, leather only and the plate tanks cry and moan. Blame bliz, leather can swap ALL gear pieces with eachother. Fuck off we dont need plate drops

>tfw too anxious to find groups for mythics
How do I get over it?
I'm too worried that I fuck up even though Moonkin is piss easy this expansion

>Undiscovered Artifact weapon skins
>They also add harder content (mythic+)
>World bosses you have to figure out how to summon or get attuned to
>Mythic dungeon achievements

Stop being such a pussy.

I agree, part of it is you can still fucking die in easy dungeons for screwing up. The game actually teaches you to avoid shit while leveling

Join and don't say anything. There's going to be an asshole there for explanations when you guys wipe. Though going through it a few times the mostly likely thing happening is someone will leaving because they're godkings of the universe and tell everyone off before doing so.

>apply for a mythic as healer
>i230
>group wants i825
>write it is my first time
>declined
>declined
>declined

Then I went with some people from my guild, healed a i815 tank with no problems. Why do PuGs require such high iLevel?

>i230

How does a cata nigga get into legion?

I wouldn't even want you for questing.

>Epic time-gating shit
>LOL LE REDO THE SAME LE PLACE A MILLION TIMES IS REEEEL CONTENT!!1 NOT FUCKING CONTENT FUCK OFF BLIZZSHILLS.
>In vanilla you *didn't* and they where *hard* *ANDDDDDDDDD* THEY FUCKING GAVE GREAT LOOT. FUCKING RETARD
>LOL LE REDO THE SAME LE PLACE A MILLION TIMES IS REEEEL CONTENT!!1 NOT FUCKING CONTENT FUCK OFF BLIZZSHILLS.

I play resto druid. I probably could play in grey starting equip and still be dpsing half my time as healer fampai.

Kek

The group I'm in is just gonna run normal mode over the weekend and do Heroic next week.