Diablo 3 classes dependency

Do you think D3's characters are too independent?

All the characters in Diablo 3 are able to play on their own, having more people in the party is just a 'faster kill speed' type of thing, there's no real role for classes.

Wouldn't characters being more variant and with distinctly different abilities and roles make playing with parties more interesting?

Or would it make D3 too much like an MMO?

>Or would it make D3 too much like an MMO?

This, if you had a dedicated healer/tank you'd have to look at healing numbers and all that dumb shit no one gives a shit about.

Having classes with the options to do most things is good, monster hunter has a good multiplayer composition like this too.

It's a arpg not a fucking mmo. The only thing that can save diablo is if a different company gets the game.

>not knowing about zDPS builds

I don't think Diablo is the game series for you.

I would have enjoyed it more if there were better skill options or armor sets that better assisted other people you were fighting with too. Definitely not a dedicated healer or muse.

Like the companion set for Demon Hunters. If that could have affected pet builds from other classes, or even let other Demon hunter turrets fire your skills too, that would have been great.

Your skills combining with other classes skills is definitely a cool idea

bring back Blizzard North and Diablo 3 would be good if not great.

btw, I've never played Lord of Destruction expac for Diablo2. is it any good?

the point is that ultimately, even with the multiplayer, Diablo games have had to stand on their own legs as a single-player game
that's why each class has to be able to be independent in the questing; each class has to be able to beat the game solo

it's fucking amazing
definitely worth playing

druids are more fun than assassins, imo, but both classes are good

>making an arpg that depends on buff-bots

Nah, if i wanted that i'd play Path of Exile, where having dedicated buffbitches is apparently mandatory when you're autistically grinding for that .00000001% OP unique drop or XPing your gems up (since oops the vaal corruption hit your level 20 skill gem with a -1 to gem level instead of the +1 to gem level you wanted)

time to pick it up, thanks for the recommendation bro.

>Blizzard North

You mean the fucks who made Hellgate London?

Yeah, PoE is fun and all but the grind is real. I mean, holy shit, it's like a Korean MMO kind of grind. Atleast in D3 you get Legendaries that drop regularly.

> there's no real role for classes.

This is wrong though and was one of the "problems" they've been trying to address. In the patches before this one the best way to push GRs in a 4 man group was to have at least two people dedicated solely to buffing the party, debuffing enemies, and using crowd control to get them all into a nice pile. I don't know how much this has changed if it all though.

They don't develop the game any more so I don't see the point of them trying to change it.
D3 needs new stuff, it needs more content like PoE has with regular expansions.

OH damn that suck, I got on the train after RoS so all I've seen was samey.

All we have is rumors that something big involving Diablo is getting announced at Blizzcon, Diablo 3 is in such an awkward spot right now that an expansion would probably need to overhaul half of the shit in the game.

>You mean the fucks who made Hellgate London?
They also made Diablo 2, you know, one of the best games ever made.

spoken like someone how has never pushed high grifts in a season. 4 dps is fucking worthless without healing monks and other support builds for classes.

fuck off op.

And they made Hellgate London, a incredibly mediocre hack-n-slash game that ended up failing so miserably it was bought by a Asian company which turned it into a even shittier MMO.

>need to overhaul half of the shit in the game

Game's fine, no need for a overhaul. What we do need is new enviroments, new levels, missions like in PoE. Just new content.

I have only played diablo 2 a long ass time ago

Should I get 3 (ps4)?

I feel like you guys don't play PoE, you don't grind certain spots for drops (except like Uber Atziri n such), you trade for shit and once you get to maps getting currency is easy. The only grindy bit of PoE is 90-100 and once you hit 90 you should basically have completed your build and be able to clear anything and finance anything.

If you like hack-n-slash games, then yes. D3 and PoE are the two best on the market.

On PS4? No, get it on PC instead, although the console port is really good.

It takes goddamn ages to reach lvl 90, which requires a billion hours in grinding. Want to play a map? Better go grind for new ones. Want to change the sockets or links in a piece of equipment? Better start grinding those Jewellers orbs or whatever because you sure as fuck are going to need them.

Everything in PoE is a grind, user. Everything. If you have fun doing it then the complaint sort of disappears, but it's a grind nonetheless.

fuck you wowshit

d3 is a joke.

I've been enjoying grim dawn a bit. It's a solid entry in the genre I feel, though opinions on these types of games seem to be very polarized.

>though opinions on these types of games seem to be very polarized.

It basically boils down to this;

>Is it Diablo 2?
>No
>THEN IT'S SHIT

Funny how nobody remember the first game.

>builds are shallow because of how skills are picked
bring back trees or something similar