Alright Cred Forums, I just spent $15 bucks to get the Game Maker shit on the Humble Bundle

Alright Cred Forums, I just spent $15 bucks to get the Game Maker shit on the Humble Bundle.

What kind of game should I make that will net me mad monies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jZertcalj8M
kongregate.com/games/rete/dont-shit-your-pants
forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=3630.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Earthbound clone with milf furry women.

You need to make the game so simple to play that just tapping the screen will suffice, a la Cookie Clicker or Flappy Bird. Then sell adspace and a "premium" $0.99 version for no ads. Still sell things to expedite gameplay.

Streamer bait games.

Excellent.

I will make a game called "Paw Petter" where you click the screen to pet the paw of a cat.

It will be amazing.

>giving away your ideas on Cred Forums

jokes on you, i already got started and will beat you to market

Jokes on you, I'm too lazy to make games and would rather someone else do it so I can play it.

Why you gotta play me like that?

You and I both know we want to play Paw Petter.

Do mankind a service and make the game. It is your destiny.

Sure. Just imagine the kind of lightning fast paw blocks and special moves you'd have to land on the final boss before his hellcat army descends on mankind to a heavy metal soundtrack laced with the Mario Paint cat instrument

That actually sounds cool as fuck.

I think if you got a cat off balance through well timed paw petting you should be able to pet its weak point, the head. But it'd be difficult because late game cats might jump up and kick you with their hind paws and shit and you'd have to pet those too or take scratch damage. I could see late game techniques like dempsey roll petting (oxygenate those muscles, yamaneko damashii) but the finisher would just be picking them up by the scruff of their necks

Maybe the cats are possessed and only a thorough petting can exorcise the terrible spirits

step 1.) go to newgrounds or any old flash games site

step 2.)straight up rip off a game, maybe change some art assets.

step 3.) port to mobile for massive profit

how do you into gml

Drop gm and use Unity instead

>open gamemaker
>press f1
>read all that shit

Racing Metroidvania

>went to the corner store to get a prepaid card since I don't have one
>do the online activation for the card
>make an account with humblebundle
>enter transaction
>card is declined
>card's customer service isn't open until morning

Baby steps user. Read tutorials, watch videos, try out things. You will learn faster if you try things yourself. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't, and it's fine. We all start somewhere.

Gamedev thread?

>prepaid card

What are you, 12?

>Turning a game maker thread into a gamedev thread
Sure

yes

I have several part time jobs and am in school. With no reliable amount of steady income, I don't bother with a checking account.
Plus i'm one of those people who it helps to see the money to manage it.

Since this seems to be the newest gamedev thread
Someone send help
When I try to focus the screen on the player, it zooms out too much
It doesn't do this for any other objects in the scene

well it looks like it's taking the range into account when focusing

I made this yesterday in gms

Not in webm because Theres music and sounds

youtu.be/jZertcalj8M

Make a competent Metroidvania.

The biggest thing that turns me off when I see games tagged 'Metroidvania' on early access/Greenlight are generic-looking levels with only a few textures used for foreground and background (see picture). This is the one thing that turns me off right away. This does mean it'll require more effort, but it doesn't have to look as good as Dust or SotN. Super Metroid doesn't really have that many different tiles, but it still looks great. Just try to not to make it look like the game was thrown together in Gamemaker in a few hours.

Even if I disable all components of the object, it still zooms out that far

Mobile game with microtransactions

Seriously, I get a good chunk of dosh out of this every quarter or so. Just make sure it's colourful visuals and good music and you're all set lad

>Make a competent Metroidvania.
It's been done and you're really gonna need to have some original ideas otherwise it'll just be another log on the fire

What's wrong with prepaid cards? They can't be linked back to me.

Might be a weird question.

Are there any pro/cons between rotating the player object or rotating the child player model object instead?
I don't know if I'll run into any problems later on if I use one of them.

Nothing's wrong with them, but it's a problem if you have to rely on an activation card to work right away, without any other means of buying something online.

I think 99% of the time you want to rotate the actual player object. What if you want to add a child particle object or something too? If you only rotate the model then the particle won't rotate with it.

Taking a poll: Do you guys prefer Premade characters with a few unique lines and traits Ala Valkyria Chronicles or making your characters and naming them like in X-COM?

Premade, though both have appeal.

Depends on the game, really.

How does it feel knowing you paid $15 for something you can get on humble bundle RIGHT NOW for $6

He obviously paid $15 for the last tier on HB.

Visual Novel.
Seriously consider this if it is money that you want.

what?

Is there actually any point in getting the modules?

LE ANIME SPOILER HAPPYF ACE XD

did you resize the player model from FUCKHUEG to small when you first made it?

You get to publish your games on those platforms.
That's the biggest appeal.

I would probably try using Debug.Log to find out what is happening to the relevant camera variables.

Make a super smash bros clone for pc.

i got this too and i will probably never make a game but if i do it will be shit simulator

There like 200 each normally so I'd get em if you plan on using them at any point.

Too late
kongregate.com/games/rete/dont-shit-your-pants

fine then it will be wall simulator and all there will be is a progress bar where you wait until the bar fills up until it gets to the end and then there will be a popup that says "wall" and the game ends

F U N D

I
T

I was dumb and made a light too big. In the last update for Unity, that didn't matter too much. I got the newest update and it started doing that

Is there seriously money in visual novels ?

I did something today

how much would you pay for this?

forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=3630.0

Can anybode say, if the code here is still correct?
Since when I replicate this and shit the enemy the game crashes. But if I set the HP to 0 the enemy explodes.

unity graphics just want to make we vomit

I'll be honest, I'd just go emulate warioware.

nothing

At this point I don't care about art, I'm just using default stuff from laziness

Unity sucks dick. It's too complicated for simple stuff and too limiting for complicated stuff.

It also has a exploitative licensing model.