I am a massive poorfag wage slave who wants to support DQ VII...

I am a massive poorfag wage slave who wants to support DQ VII. Would buying the game and then immediately selling it used still count as a sale to please Square? $40 is a lot to me.

yes, or just pirate it

I want DQ11 localized though. I'm thinking buy, sell, and then pirate?

sure, buy it then sell it

Buy it, play it, squat on it for a while, resell at a jacked price. DQ handheld games are like Pokemon games. They either retain their cost or go up in value.

This will eat 2 weeks of my food budget. I have to pay my dental insurance next month which hurts and this month I had to pay 2 internet bills because I was behind. I could sell other games but I'm still playing those.

Get your life together. You knew for almost a year this game was coming west and you couldnt save a few dollars a month to be ready for this shit

>internet bills
your life man

I pirated DQ7 and I regret it because it's a fantastic game with enough content to warrant a full price purchase.

I guess I'll have to buy DQ8 when it comes out, possibly the collectors edition if there is one.

The life of a wageslave making $9 an hour.

I feel cursed. There's always something taking the little free money I have. In November I'll have spare money. Please note I live on just under $1000 a month. I'd have killed myself by now if not for vidya.

It's not too late to buy a physical copy and sell it a few years down the line.

If this is the case indeed, stop investing a dime into vidya: pirate everything. Instead, use whatever free money you have to learn stuff. Languages, programming, accounting, whatever. You're still young, you can get out of the cesspool you're in.

Bitch I make 8.33 an hour and can still aford hobbies. It's about proper budgeting and saving for things you really want not want right now

This.

I'm one of those moral fags against pirating, but if you're truly in a right spot, just pirate it.

Damn where the fuck do you live? Being a Califag, that low as fuck number triggers me

Not him, but probably the midwest.

Yeah, but aren't things more expensive over there when it comes to necessities?

you're an idiot

If you actually can't afford it don't get guilted into buying games you can't afford. Buying games is a luxury, playing them isn't.

>playing them isn't
yes it is jackass no one is entitled to be able to play videogames its a luxury you have to work for.You piratefags somehow manged to justify pirating an excellent titlesuch as Dragon Quest VII nothing surprises me anymore

so?

If you don't have the means to buy video games there is no reason to get upset at someone who can't afford them because they'd never buy in the first place. The problematic pirates are the ones who can afford games but pirate them anyway. Entitlement is a really vapid concept that doesn't really fit this situation because someone who can't buy games but pirates them affects no one. It does apply if one does have the money to purchase games because by choosing to pirate instead they are actually causing a form of harm.

For the record I bought DQVII and have DQVIII preordered.

kiss dragon Quest localizations goodbye as if we needed more excuses from Square Enix from not localizing thier game.We already got plenty of shitalk from japan back when this game was Japan only and Square Enix was already iffy on even bringing them over here with fears of pirates ruining sales.

You guys talk shit about theres hardly any good games left and when theres a good one you pirate it

>who can't afford them because they'd never buy in the first place

if you cant afford videogames you are in the wrong hobby.I cant afford the expense golf clubs does that entitle me to steal them just so that i can play?

Pirating is cancer however way you slice it nobody admires a thief who steals for necessity let alone one stealing for luxury.

>Maribel bullying me on NTR island
H-hot

Piracy isn't stealing. Video games are digital, and digital goods only have value as enforced by the governing body of the land, and since no one enforces anti-piracy laws, digital video games don't really even count as goods in the same way a golf club does. Digital goods have no scarcity and have no tangible value, so in a pure economic sense, video games are worth nothing. Instead, people pay for video games because they have value to them and want more to be made. This leaves video game fans who can afford games the responsibility to fund them, while people who can't afford games to play video games. There is no good reason less people should be able to play games.

Jesus I can't type disregard my post I suck cocks.

>Digital goods have no scarcity
Agreed
>and have no tangible value
This is what pirates actually believe. There is a thing about stealing. But then all the bullshit justifications for it, that's retarded. Admit that you are being a piece of shit or don't talk about it at all.

Do you know what tangible means? Ones and Zeroes aren't tangible.

>There is no good reason less people should be able to play games

I would dispute that.The "growth" of people entering the gaming sphere is one of the main perpetrators as to why the industry is in shambles today.

Tell me a medium that has benefited as a result of more people going into it.Pro tip it certainly isnt fucking videogames. No hobby has ever benefited from this.Movies became soulless garbage when they decided to pander to the lowest common denominator and even certain music genres declined in quality when they decided to introduce a fuckload of people just for the sake of it.Rap for example is a meme genre now thanks to "introducing it to the masses".

It all trickles down you fucking retard. If someone created a game and made it only to be available digitally. What do you think would happen if everyone pirated it instead of paying for it. That person wouldn't make any money from it. You have effectively stolen from them.

You pirate fags are so far off base with your justifications, it truly is fucking astonishing.

There's a chest on a lil' cliff by the first castle, how do i get this?

Companies pander only to the people who have money to pay for media, not the people who don't buy media, so I don't see how they are relevant at all.
I never argued people shouldn't buy video games. I buy every video game I play, but I don't hold others to that standard because they don't have the means I do. The point I'm making is that games are being sustained by the people who can afford them, and they are the people who should buy video games. People who can't afford games don't affect the industry in any real perceivable way, so there really isn't a reason they shouldn't pirate.

you wont have any companies to speak of if everyone is pirating their content.

Nobody here gives a shit about your sob story if you can afford the games then find a more affordable hobby.

>People who can't afford games don't affect the industry in any real perceivable way, so there really isn't a reason they shouldn't pirate

Holy shit you are full on delusional.
You pieces of shit pirates took it too far this time.You faggots are going out of your way to make sure square never localizes another Dragon Quest game huh?

Here is an eye opener for you.

People who copy games divide in two categories:

1. People who can't afford the game for one reason or another.
2. People who wouldn't want to pay for it in the first place.

Digital sellers are losing jack all to "piracy".

DRM'd games just prove the deal, both categories just wait for the game to be cracked and the sales figures don't really change.

You're not even reading my posts, just cherry picking.

I pirated many games simply because they were free and then spent cash on games that I cant pirate, like online stuff.

your a retard you think games like CS Go or bloodborne would have sold a fraction of what they sold had they have been piratable?

You pirates are getting dumber by the second .you guys had at least some decent excuses back then but this is downright lauagble

the foundation of your argument holds no weight.The Music industry is proof that pirates can make or break your company/product but keep believing your decisions arn't morally bankrupt pirate scum

Try to get out of your shitty situation so that you can support future titles when you can actually afford them. Its luxury.

Dont be a slave to companies holding games hostage like that.

>Please note I live on just under $1000 a month

Learn to budget. I make $3500 a month but I never spend more than $500 a month and I would spend even less if I didn't have a dog.

>$3500 a month
>little

im below the poverty line yet i can still mange to legally support my favorite franchise theres no excuse for this shit.

Law student here.

From a legal point of view when you buy a game the reality is you buy a license to play it. In the same way when you buy some tv channels you end up not owning individual shows, but a license (aka legal permission) to watch them

So when you pirate a game, you are enjoying a good without owning the license (or right) to enjoy it.

Piracy is akin to stealing these licenses to enjoy these products. This is how piracy has been viewed in courts of law, anyway.

Its a bit hard to imagine that you never own the game, but only own the right to play it. But thats the truth.

Im all for piracy, but it is def illegal, and is pretty immoral in most situations (you are gaining off somone elses work without compensation or permission)