play a fun game like blood dragon

Play something fun, don't listen to Cred Forums opinions

Play that Russian Overkill Doom mod

Challenge doesn't exist but it's fun

If you're not having fun stop doing it.

Obviously

pc has an almost unlimited back catalogue

play some morrowind or oblivion, and prepare to have your mind blown

Get a job. You'll appreciate video games a lot more when you have limited time playing them and paid them with your own mone.

Take a break, play games 1 at a time, and try to only play games you will personally enjoy - not some medicocre shit you have to sit through because someone recommended.
Know yourself and your interests - think about your favorite games and try to find something similar yet new.
For example, I don't like modern western games very much, so I'll try to avoid them.

Do something else for some time, break the routine and then go back playing games.

Something like a month or a couple of weeks doing something else.

no, it's boring outdated garbage.

Stop trying to impress people with your cool video game taste and play games you actually find appealing.

Do something else for a while.

>be a slave
>you'll be so miserable you'll like shit games again
no, fuck off.

Stop playing games for a while
Pick up a variant hobby. For me, it was model building. After about 2 weeks of no vidya, go back to an old game you loved years ago. If you can derive enjoyment from it now, go from there and just continue playing those kind of games in your backlog instead of getting more shit.

If it didnt work, go back to not vidya for a bit again, but when you go back, try a new genre.

Your problem is probably that youve allowed vidya to become a chore instead of something you want to go out and do for enjoyment.

i guess i see why you're burned out

Meme game. Not fun unless you absolutely love FPS games.

Play old games you used to enjoy
Don't force yourself to play the latest yjust out of advertising and stupid media memes

>replaying morrowind
>just got boots of blinding speed
>throw on a magicka resist spell

your opinion is, in fact, not correct

growing out of games is a normal part of the aging process

Play an ironman run of Ultimate Doom on Ultraviolence using GZDoom. Don't come back until you've beaten it.

Hotaru worst groll sayaAcute

old nostalgia games sound nice, but its boring outdated garbage when i give it a try.
childhood no more.

>growing out of games is a normal part of the aging process

>be underage
>grow up with shit games
>hurr well i cant enjoy vidya anymore, guess im just outgrowing it. I definitely didn't have shit taste all along and totally belong here

>Don't come back until you've beaten it.
what's the point?
where's the pleasure in it?
feels like a chore.
i have nothing to prove by beating it, and it's boring, outdated and stupid by itself.

You know, then I have nothing. Perhaps you should go do something else than video games.
Try legos or some shit.

are you referring to me or yourself?
i'm 28, i grew up on nostalgia games, k?

JUST FUCKING TRUST ME FAGGOT IM TRYING TO HELP YOU

>legos
i'm not that autistic, you think of me as chris-chan?

Then find another fucking hobby and stop shitposting or just kill yourself nigger.

>hear "job"
>get triggered

Go whine some more.
I'm at work, shitposting on Cred Forums and will go eat some weeb food tonight with my gf

>GZDoom

Nah, he should use PrBoom+ if it's just vanilla Doom.

Its cause all you do is play video games user. Go find other things to occupy your damn time.

>How to make games fun again?
Be more selective. You're burn out because all of your time is consumed with running through shitty games, just because they are popular with someone. And yes, games popular on Cred Forums are certainly popular with someone, even if it's not the current games press.

As long as you're just playing games because "you're a gamer" and as long as you are just taking recommendations from other people, you will be wasting a tremendous amount of time and never have the time, or even find, the good games.

Just for your information, sometimes you will not feel like doing anything and every game or activity will feel like utter shit.
The only solution is to wait for it to go away.
It happens to most people.

i do the same with my qt vietnamese wife without having to sacrifice my freedom and dignity, you cuck.

>at work
>on Cred Forums

LOL

I have a job and get what you're saying, but that's pathetic. Cred Forums is for at home boredom only

Play a new genre or take a break.

just poppin in for a quick semi-unrelated question fellas

is EDF any good? Or is it a meme game only liked because of its le wackiness

Yakuza is on of the few game series that I know that still treats games like, you know, "games".

I mean just look at that shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=dSSaBllcksM

I literally just finished A Link Between Worlds today. Its the first videogame I finished in years. The only other games I play are Overwatch, Battlefield 4, Runescape, and whatever flavor of the month online TCG is present.

Im trying to stop. I realize I have pleb taste but Im going to try and work through my backlog.

How can you be a NEET unless you live with your parents?

Why is Feel Man out in the rain while the Vile Bachelor Frog is Comfy in a building with a Smug Expression?

Take a break and then ease yourself back in slowly. I took a break from vidya for about a month and a half, saw the new kirby game and it just sparked something in me. I had so much playing. Now I'm enjoying donkey kong tropical freeze, dq7, and started up smt iv. Once I'm done those two I'll probably get smt ivA and who knows what else. You just need some time off, Cred Forumsro

What do you instead of vidya when taking a break?

Start reading fantasy books or playing tabletop

He is right. The reason most of you miserable fucks cant enjoy games anymore and not only games is because your private lives are a fucking mess. When you actually have purpose in life you enjoy your hobbies much more and dont feel guilty of wasting time.

Learn Japanese.

Get high. My life has improve 100 fold since I started pot.

I get just enough government funding to pay for rent & food :- ))) god bless Australia

Get drunk first.

maybe get another hobby?
the reason you get bored of video games is most likely because you do nothing else.

EDF is a special scenario.

The game itself is very jank, but the premise is played to a perfect note to the point where if you genuinely enjoy the Humans Vs Giant _______ style of Japanese budget film, you forgive the jank and see enjoyable entertainment.

People don't scream EDF memes because they are stand alone entertaining; they are memes because they are attached to a series with some merit and cult fan base in it.

I think the biggest point of whether you feel annoyed or awed at the ridiculousness of your frames per second dropping to 20 because you're looking at a screen LITERALLY FILLED with exploding shit by the hundreds.

easy. I am a neet who mooches of their girlfriend. Its the best and sex is involved.

Seriously, though. I'd fucking hate being a wageslave. Working 8 hours a day, 5-6 times a week.
This is why I run my own business and the money is good, while not wanting to kill myself.

That just feels like a chore and isn't enjoyable though.

No, it's because most games are liquid dogshit. I started playing P5 the other day, I've barely put it down.

Having "purpose" in life? You mean entering data into spreadsheets, or coding the hot new app for retarded millennials? 95% of people have no real purpose. What they do could easily be replaced by a machine, but it isn't because the government and bankers need everyone to be a slave or the whole system comes crashing down.

Stop playing online Multi-player games their kill the joy of video games

Take your meds child

I don't see what's wrong with getting paid for lurking and a funposting

It's an investment in your future, faggot.

Sometimes, you're going to have to do things you don't really want to do. Be it taking out the garbage, putting up with someone you don't like, whatever.

The key is that the reward has to make sense. Wasting 8 hours a day at a dead end job so you have enough money to live alone? That doesn't make any goddamn sense in the mind of anyone sane. Spending an hour a day learning a skill that will be useful for the rest of your life? That's a pretty reasonable investment.

Why is specifically learning japanese an investment in the future? I understand your point but not how it applies only to that language

so you can fap to your waifus without using filthy gaijin translations, senpai

The future of entertainment. As western culture becomes ever more worthless and infantile, Japan is the last bastion of hope.

>japan
>the future of entertainment
>not infantile

you can't be serious

What's popular in the west these days? Fucking capeshit movies.

No matter how poorly you think of dumb stories about a teenager being transported to another world filled with cute girls to fuck, they're still miles better than trash like The Avengers. Hollywood hasn't released an actual mature movie in the past couple of decades, because PG-13 is what sells the best.

As even intelligent entertainment is invaded by kikes who throw in a dozen token roles so the work isn't "racist" for not including any black people or muslims in a Victorian period piece, the inherent value of the culture drops like a fucking rock. If you have any iota of self-respect, you haven't touched a television in a decade.

>stories about a teenager being transported to another world filled with cute girls to fuck

kek. you shouldn't base your tastes on your cringy virgin fantasies

you just grew up, don't worry about it.

>He thinks Ultra Violence is a challenge

Maybe occasionally on Thy Flesh Consumed, otherwise you're just a fucking 12 year old Brutal Doom nu-doom faggot

pretty true user
but being that disillusioned with things shouldn't stop you from getting a job.
but who am i to tell you what to do.

How do you make money?

I don't have a job because I don't need a job. I feel bad for people who do. Working to live, living to work, it's just the saddest existence I could imagine. You're a slave to some numbers on a server in some massive bank, can't you see how pathetic that is?

Become a jaded old man and only play games you already like.

What kind of business is it user?

yeah, yeah I can. I know how you feel. Unfortunately I have to get a job to live or I'll be stuck a NEET for the rest of my days.

>I don't have a job because I don't need a job

My parents died and left me a couple properties in vancouver (not ping ling). I sold the expensive ones for like 1.5 million dollars and am now living in the cheaper one. According to my calculations if I invest wisely I will not need to actually get a job when I graduate university.

All I have to do in life is play video games and shitpost.

The fun wore off years ago I want to die, how do I make this stuff fun again?

yo i live in WA, we should hang out in Vancouver sometime and fuck shit up when I get a job.

>I'll be stuck a NEET for the rest of my days.
Why is this a bad thing?

>selling property
Don't worry, you'll be working soon enough.

kill yourself frog/ponyfuckers

I'm getting older man, I can't keep living off my parents. I want to travel and do shit. Get creative again. Make music and art. I've got to do something with myself.

Nah, I sold the property already and have diversified the money I made into things that are outside this retarded bubble.

I'm trying to figure out how to get a US green card so I don't have to be here when the cards come crashing down.

But lately I kind of just stare at the screen and play mindless games. What a waste of a life.

Sounds like fun. I'm trying to figure out how to move to rural washington, it seems so much cheaper than Vancouver and I can own guns and loli easier.

Yeah, it would be fun. I'm always looking for more people to hang out with while I'm stuck on the west coast. I can give you my contact info if you want.

good for you. get your shit together. don't listen to NEET losers.

>I want to travel and do shit.
Vacations are for absolute morons. Spend all your time working, so that you can take a 2 week break from working? It's absolute madness. If you're talking about the retarded kiddy shit where you go backpacking around the world or whatever, enjoy getting raped, mugged, and probably murdered.
>Get creative again. Make music and art.
Since when did that cost money?
>I've got to do something with myself.
Why? You're bored? There are a million ways to broaden your horizons without spending a cent.

I'm not talking about "backpacking across Yurop and India and getting culturally enriched", more like doing a roadtrip while I'm still young and before uni. Fun stuff like that.
And it doesn't cost money, but I still live with my folks and can't play music at my house ever. Noise restrictions.

mm mhm... aha.. hahaha....
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
wagecucks btfo

I won't be ending up down there for some time so I will pass, but I appreciate the gesture.

Depression 2stronk.

>Vacations are for absolute morons, enjoy getting raped, mugged, and probably murdered.
is this why you NEETs never leave your house? crippling fear of outside world?

>i have nothing to prove by beating it, and it's boring, outdated and stupid by itself.

So you can only enjoy video games if they're modern and you can wave your dick around to your friends if you beat it?

Yeah, I don't know where this dude is getting that from. I've got a good chance of being murdered in my own town, so I think I'd actually fare better in another part of the country than here.

>still replying to what is, hopefully, just shitposting

Just stop. After that last post about how vacations are for morons and that whole "jobs=bad, doing nothing=good" nonsense it shoulöd be obvious that there's nothing gained from replying to a kid like that in a shitty thread like this on the worst board in the cesspool that is this site.

Rejoice, for Bloodrite comes out tonight
Grab your best friend lmao and git gud

>The fun wore off years ago I want to die, how do I make this stuff fun again?

Have you tried getting hobbies other than videogames? there's a good chance you're simply burned out from playing videogames and some time away from them might reignite the enjoyment you got from them.

A vacation where you waste lots of money is perfectly safe. A dumb road trip where you waste a bit of money is very safe and a reasonable outlet for wanderlust, but you're still kind of an idiot for falling for the "whoa lets go see Niagara falls brah" touristy shit. Backpacking where you go to fucking india or africa and try and walk/cycle/drive across the whole country is like begging someone to murder you.

I can't differentiate what is bait and what isn't on here sometimes. I hear people say stupid shit like that all the time in person.

It's nothing to do with burn out, and everything to do with modern gaming being absolute garbage.

The penis should be lower

Play it in a co-op Zandronum server
The challenge is to keep the game from crashing

This

I feel like this picture perfectly sums up the hole in the arguments of wage slaves

oh shit, an ms paint comic!