Did DIMPS redeem themselves with this?

Did DIMPS redeem themselves with this?
youtube.com/watch?v=V4QS8Zn0jBk

Looks like they did a pretty good job making a handheld 3D Sonic game.

Have you played it? The first two levels are like the only good ones before it goes to shit

>20 minute levels

You're 3 fucking years late fuck off.

Just like the Wii U version!

nah, the Wii U version is a very polished and decent game.

Play past Windy Hill, it goes to shit really quickly.

DIMPS was good until this game actually.

They made a game that actually had superior movement and parkour mechanics than the Wii U version, but level design goes to shit.

Not saying the Wii U game had good level design a lot of the time either though

>tfw collected all the chaos emeralds
I say without a shadow of doubt and in true vehement belief:

Lost World 3DS has the worst special stages out of any Sonic game in the entire franchise.\

And I will never find this refutable.

Sonic Generations 3DS wasn't that good either.

It wasn't terrible through. Just bland.

SLW3DS is legit bad and borderline unplayable.

Tales of the Tempest is their magnum opus

Sonic heroes
OG sonic 2

Not him but he's right. Lost World 3DS's special stages are worse than both of those combined.

bad, but not as bad as LW

Fuck no, it's even worse than the Wii U version.

There should never be 20+ minute levels in a Sonic game.

The demo for this was really fun.
Is the rest of the game like it?

>Sonic heroes
I see people always jabbing the boost button on those, but I've played through Heroes multiple times it's shit but I can't help but love it enough to tell you that

You can actually just hold the boost button and finish the stage and catch the emerald almost immediately for most of the emeralds.

I honestly don't get what people have against Sonic 2's though.

>Is the rest of the game like it?
No.

>the Wii U version is a very polished and decent game.

>redeem themselves
>implying they did anything wrong in the first place
Dimps is a code monkey company. It always has been a code monkey company, which is why 90% of their output is anime fighting games. SEGA mismanaged Dimps when it came to games like Sonic 4 and Colors DS. With the right designers and producers overseeing them, they're capable of making great games like Sonic Advance.

You only get as much out of Dimps as you're willing to put in. Games like Sonic 4 were shit because SEGA gave them a shoestring budget and little-to-no direction on how the game should be made.

>OG sonic 2
Thems fighting words, boy.

it is

It is pretty polished.

Sonic 2 special stages suck because they essentially just fall into trial and error rote memorization. Its not uncommon for bombs to come into view around a corner giving you no time to react, and some stages are so picky with the rings that even getting bombed once is pretty much an insta loss. The controls are also slippery as fuck, and dont even try the stages with fucking tails trailijg your ass, mother fucker just steals rings and gets hit non stop.

Short version is cheap hazard placement, terrible "camera", and slippy controls

>Heroes
Retards waste the boost mechanic and never get the balloons to fill up the meter. Also, they probably played the ps2 version which is worse in the gameplay regard
>S2
Memorization and trial and error, something people aren't used to these days like in the 2d era. And as we get older going back to those special stages you will think that wasn't that great and that stage 6 and 7 are a pain in the ass because you can't see shit. Oh yeah, and you can't play with Sonic & Tails if you are going for the emeralds
Sadvance is bad due to perspective. Sadv2 is not good either, just a bad version of CDs with combo feature and Zero after you. Sonic Chaos special stages are different each emerald and the last one is fucking memorization labyrinth timed stage where you can't make a single mistake or you will have to start all over with no time left for a 2nd try

>I honestly don't get what people have against Sonic 2's though.

well the special stages weren't that awful to be honest but growing up i had no idea that if tails got hit he lost a portion of your rings as well (i thought it tracked rings individually so if tails got hit he'd lose his rings). So playing it with tails is a pain in the ass because you have to collect extra rings as opposed to just sonic and since he reacts a full second after your input he is DEFINITELY going to be losing rings.

This combined with the fact that stages 6 and 7 are purely muscle memory considering how bombs come around corners that you would never be able to predict make it incredibly hard to collect all the chaos emeralds.

How do you feel about Dimps as a whole?

Do you like Street Fighter V?

some levels are "ok", others are simply shit, mainly the 2d ones and the bonus stages
the bonus stages were dissapointing, i was expecting less wisp fuckery on those ones
either i'm a masochist or the fact that i passed them while i was on a office chair helped me enjoying it

Wii U version was a shit SMG ripoff but at least it was brief, the later levels of the 3DS version just go on forever.
It's like everyone went retarded, i know Sonic Team is beyond salvation. but Dimps did Advance and Rush which at least had some dignity to them still.