Does anyone know how to get flea-killer off of a disc?

Does anyone know how to get flea-killer off of a disc?

>be me, a youngin'
>whole house has rampant fleas because of dumbshit squeaker dogs in the house
>parents decide to bomb the whole house while I'm at school and they're at work so by the time everyone gets home it's over and ventilated
>didn't tell me nuffin and I forgot to get some games up
>come home to some of my favorite games, unplayable
>parents have relatively low income so can't buy any more

Is there any way to reverse the sins of the past?

>take better care of your games faggot
I was but a boy

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/electronic-arts-remaster-medal-of-honor-european-assault?recruiter=599395385&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

have you tried some fucking water

I've tried everything retard, it's been this way for years. Why the fuck would I let a game I liked be unplayable for years if I could just wash it off?

That looks pretty fucked. Have you tried finding another copy online? It can't be very expensive nowadays.

acetone?

Try leaving non-gel toothpaste on the disc for 20-ish minutes then rinse off.

>I wasn't but a boy
That's not an excuse, though. When I wasn't even 10 I was taking care of my games and always making sure to put them back in my case because unlike many kids now and my sister I knew those needed to be taken care of. I always got super mad when my sister played a game and just left it out because she "couldn't find the case"

So yeah, take better care of your games you faggot

Also try water or some other cleaner that would be safe on a disk

>When I wasn't even 10 I was
nice blog post, faggot

wood glue? I use it on vinyl records to remove dust from the grooves of the record. Maybe it would pull off flea killer

...or it could kill the disc. I dunno.

Probably this.
Apply it only to the bottom, though.
Submerging it in the stuff would probably peel the sticker right off.

Sounds dangerous... Might give it a try anyway if doesn't work

I have but I was reading the underrated games thread and made me want to bust MOH: EA out right then and there

Alright but I wasn't autistic and never had any disaster happen to me so I had no reason to

Have you tried turning it off and back on?

Chemfag here.
>Fumigated house.
>Probably used dichloropropene or Iodoform.
>On optical media disks.
Kek! That's strong chemical bond, poorfag. Those games have only one destination and that's the garbage.

Is it sticky, like glue? Goo-gone or something like that would help if that's the case.

What kind of potion reverses strong chemical bonds

>Alright but I wasn't autistic

>Taking care of your stuff and being annoying when it's mishandled is autistic

And look where that got you, fuccboi.

Only the strongest potions.

Mineral Spirits
Turpentine
WD40
Alcohol
Acetone

Try each, if not of them work it's probably fucked.

BTW there's a petition going on right now to have this sucker remastered

change.org/p/electronic-arts-remaster-medal-of-honor-european-assault?recruiter=599395385&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Maybe you know and maybe you dont, all the information is stored on the top side of the disc and is read through the clear plastic on the bottom. Disc repair tools didn't really 'repair' they just sanded off the bottom layer of plastic and created a mostly even surface again. I would think that throwing it in a disc repair would sand all that shit off.

Don't listen to this fag. You're games will disintegrate if you use any of that.

It's not sticky, it's like a thin film

I didn't know that, thanks.
What if I just sand the bitch?

Foggers usually contain pyrethrins, and those basically will eat away at anything the longer they're exposed to it. If this happened when you were a kid, then that means you're fucked.

Yeah, just take a belt sander at it, should be no problem.

Tooth Paste and Rubbing? I don't know shit about whether this works, but you can often rub off problems with that when the damaged layer is thin enough and there's still enough plastic or whatnot covering the data below.

rubbing alcohol

>PS2 games

They were doomed to fail anyways

Not sure if trolling but OP do not use acetone. Ever put styrofoam into acetone? Same situation.

That's due to the laser you dumbfuck

I'm impressed. You're the first to admit it does happen instead of flat out denying it like most people here do.

I said fuck it and just tried scraping it off. Kinda working, whatever. I had always thought that one day I would find out how to fix it, if I could. Today was that day, so I've given up trying to save the disc. Here goes nothing.

Get over yourself dude

>SCRAPING
BRUH

>I said fuck it and just tried scraping it off.
yeah, you certainly fucked it

lmaoing@u

Still scraping, looking better. I feel like this is like dressing up and perfuming a dead body. You can make them look nicer, but they're still fucking dead.

It's procedural more than anything

Posting in gore thread

OP you can use 600grit sandpaper for an initial scrub to get the main residue off.
Be mindful, because when I say, "scrub" I mean "BE CAREFUL WITH FUCKING SANDPAPER NIGGA. DON'T GO HARD, KEEP IT EASY."

then take woodglue and spread it around the disk until all of the residue is covered.
let that dry, then peel if off.

repeat both processes, but only use sandpaper where residue is found.

Yeah, nah, it's fucked m8. Looks like most of the shit is off and what's left is a bunch of butter knife scratches, or whatever the fuck you used to do that.

>like dressing up and perfuming a dead body
This is more like digging up a body and cutting up its skin all over.

Have you guys ever intentionally scratched a disc? It feels therapeutic. Like I know I'm not supposed to do it but I am and no one can stop me. Anyway, about to try it out.

Yeah, just stupid things like an AOL free trial CD. Curbed my boredom for a good 20 seconds, wasn't very fun or therapeutic though.

>You the police
>Your CD is the dog

guys, it's fine, it's only medal of honor european assault

That's autism, not even meme-ing on you.

>not putting the CD back in its righful box
you have only yourself to blame

It's ok, it's reading the disc

>flea bombing a house
>not moving the furniture
I don't know how those things work, but that sounds wrong.

Next image has to be in-game

Stalled out reading it, put some toothpaste on and about to try again

Your console

She's working, boys.

>put some toothpaste on and about to try again

No fucking way

holy shit

how

Do you faggots realize the spray served as a armor and preserved his game through the years?

It's like some cocoon. This is the future of game hibernation.

>no proof of putting the toothpaste on or scratching the disc
wow! im stunned!

Have fun browsing Amazon, you impatient retard.

I showed pics of me doing that, dude. Don't be mad, idk why you guys freaked out over me scraping the disc anyway, i was just scraping the layer of shit off the disc and toothpaste has saved me countless times before

just use some isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber cloth and you should be able to wipe anything off

Pro-tip: wood polish. Always worked for me. Although doubt it'll work on that disc now.

You can't remove flea spray from discs

Enjoy your new scratched up coaster

DUDE it's like... those unboxing threads where like something was planned at the start! Woooaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

.. how... you know what? I don't even care.

all of my intuition, experience, and knowledge tells me that this shouldn't work, yet.... there it is...

I know dude, like, wtf? f*ckin crazy hahaha

This thread

I was not in a good place tonight and this broke me

thanks, user

What is the point in doing that? I genuinely wanted to know how to fix it
Proof 1/2

2/2

the game looks shit, you probably scraped off some textures

I think I scraped the gameplay too, not as fun as I remember it being :\

someone please screencap this thread

Yeah! This really need to go on r/Cred Forums XD

Stop lying you fucking faggot, the disc in the OP isn't even a medal of honor disc, shit was all plannes for those epic screecaps XD now you can win gold on reddit XD

Op there are shops that can "sand off" a top layer off a disc, and it'll still be good underneath.
The actual data is on the bottom of the sticker, the rest is just "protection", Made all my scratched up PS1 games work again.

I didn't say screencap the thread, I'm just happy to have my game back. I even posted the stupid fucking post it note to prove it, what else do you want?

Theres absolutely no way to know if the game on the screen is the same as the disc. Take a pic of the back of the disc and the front reflected on a mirror and I'll believe you

What is it like living with autism

I remember trying to fix an old version of FFX that always froze right when you're about to get thrown into sins mouth by auron at the beginning. Tried peanut butter and toothpaste a billion times but never worked, eventually just bought another copy.

Better than being a fucking redditor, that's for sure

Here you goofy fuck

That shit is scratched to fucking hell and back, no way it reads.

No one even brought up reddit senpai what's wrong with you

autist btfo once again. good job

This looks shopped.

I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

nice choice of game though
too bad about the scratchy disc

>ITT children who don't know how CDs work
Scratching the plastic doesn't damage the data. It only makes it unreadable because the light gets refracted too much. You only have to smooth out the plastic to fix it unless the scratch goes too deep.

Yeah itll probably shit out on me soon

isopropyl alcohol you fucking tit.

Did you even read the thread mate

PS2 was a shitfest of a console for failure rates, same with PS1's.

I remember so many fags doing shit like propping their PS1's upside down in order for it to work, or doing lid mods because the laser wouldn't read or some shit.

Never had any of mine fail though, but my launch year 360 is still kicking to so maybe these fags really are just retarded and treat their stuff like shite.

IA works on discs, it doesn't melt them or damage them at all like these fucking idiots think. If that was the case you couldn't use it on PCB boards yet it's widely done.

Not what I'm saying, I'm saying its been fixed. The disc is operational

The PS1 had an issue with the rods carrying the laser wearing down or something over time, it was an issue that took years of use to detect and they fixed it with the PSOne. The DRE was a launch model issue, and mine lasted until the end of the gen at least before finally giving up, while the replacement works fine.

Honestly, hardware isn't really meant to last more than a decade at most. PS3s are all dead in the water after 20 unless you get a professional to reball it or change out the thermal paste under the heat spreader every 5 years. While your NES may last another 50 years if you replace the odd cap, new consoles are far more complex, and thus far more prone to unfixable failure.

Why the fuck would you hang onto a game thats unplayable all these years unless you wasnt fucking retarded.

Thats not from a bug bomb asshole, thats disc rot, your games fucked.

Firsty, read the thread you dumb motherfucker. Second, I have all of my old games. Why would I throw it out, box and all, if I keep all the other ones?

for (You)s

OP has two games, one that he scratched to shit and other that runs fine.

Fuck off OP

>Raea the thread you dumb motherfucker.
BUG BOMBS DETERIORATE THE DISC YOU FLAMING FAGGOT! THE GAMES FUCKED! THROW IT OUT AND QUIT CRYING! YOU CAN BUY THAT SHIT ALL DAY EVERY DAY FOR ONE FUCKING DOLLAR!

You could have even replaced the god damned disc by going to Gamestop while they was throwing away older games, spending $1-$5 on it, buy so many, get one free.

Tough shit, your discs fucked, you are a faggot, we told you whats wrong, if you dont like the answer go cry to god about it maybe he can call you a faggot too by blessing you with aids.

But hey, least my games still work cause I knew how to take care of them even as a kid, and didn't live in a messy shitty home.

>Muh parents threw a bug bomb off.
Your parents are fucking retarded and there are 3 other methods to treat that kinda shit without the nuke.

There's like 2 or 3 good generations

Dude, what I'm saying is it's not fucked. It works. I don't know why you're getting so mad about it. I fixed it. Sage the thread and let it go.

>My face when op could have saved his game by spraying green clean on the game then shameyclothing it off.
>Nah id rather just use a butter knife.

>Game is scrated to hell and back.
>It works.
I cant wait for you to get mid way only for the dreaded stop.

Ok buddy go to sleep now

I used to have a dumb disc buffing thing with a crank that I got from Radio Shack, which uses liquid that smells like socks. It worked on some games and I wish I still had it because I keep buying copies of Guitar Hero 2 that don't work properly.

you own two copies of this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITT: Autists can't believe that a disc runs when they think it shouldn't

Underr8ed post

Yeah, because you totally didn't bait everyone into thinking you're playing the scratched up disc. You better make a video or webm proving it's the same disc. No excuses.