Check /vg/ for the first time in months

>check /vg/ for the first time in months
>no CUHRAYZEE general

Is this becoming a dead genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j9-7FrM_eLs
youtu.be/k0gmYyUQTKw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think it is sadly, and it's easily my favorite. I'm playing through the Ninja Gaiden games and it makes me so sad to know once I finish NG2 the next game like this I'll have to play is Nier Automata. Then, after that who knows how long.

No. Shut up. DMC5 and MGR2 are coming. Nier Automata is going to save us all. Shinji Mikami told me in a dream that he's going to make God Hand 2.

God, please save me from this non-crazy nightmare.

Yeah, I had the same dream... 8 YEARS AGO!! I've also been waiting a Vanquish sequel for years.

Well, let's not tell the kids. We'll tell them there is no such thing as Santa first, it'll ease the blow.

>tfw you'll never record footage for Cred Forumsstyle while watching your 50gb collection of sabrina the teenage witch again
Why are we still here?

That sounds comfy my man.

is ni-oh cuh ray zee?

im not trying to memeing ,in the beta you could pull off some stylish shit obviously not like DMC but still

>becoming

It's been dead for a long time.

Of course it's becoming a dead genre. You people actively try to disqualify any game that attempts to share genre with it.

You brought this all on yourselves.

Kinda hard to have a general when most people suck at the game and don't produce anything and most of the discussion was about which games to allow and which not

I didn't think so personally. Didn't even feel as crazy as God of War to me. Was still pretty fun though.

That being said. What's the least CUHRAYZEE game in the genre? God of War series? Maybe Heavenly Sword?

>You people actively try to disqualify any game that attempts to share genre with it.

List them.

Dantes Inferno

Wish I could find a sealed copy of the DMC collection for the PS3. I would like to get into the genre. I'll be finishing up MGR soon and I already have both Bayonetta games.

jsut to flock up to some indie game only because the maker posted there

the last months of that general were really sad

What about Darksiders? I've not played Dante's inferno. Any good?

>sealed copy of the DMC collection for the PS3
Is it that rare? I remember getting it a few months ago for like $12 bucks new. Surely you can find a used copy somewhere in good condition.

>I've not played Dante's inferno. Any good?

I like it.

I can't find anywhere in my area. I could probably get it used at Gamestop or just order online if I had to.

Yeah man. Do it. Great games. You're really missing out.

what ever happened to /cgg/ anyway?

I'll probably order it online so I have some time to finish Dark Souls 2. I really should have bought DMC over that.

DmC:DE

It's not /cgg/ related purely out of spite considering shit games like Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae's on the list

MGR being hot garbage and Boyanetta 2 being on a platform no one wanted killed it

Sad state when a Neir game is set to be the best action experience in the past 3 years

That was one game and can you blame people for ignoring it after the pure shit the developers, journalists, and the game itself dumped on fans of the series? DE fixed a lot gameplay wise but the damage is done.

>MGR being hot garbage
Fuck off

Stopsign appeared and kept on attacking people and would not stop. Then Paincloud appeared and him and Stopsign teamed up. Together they took out /cgg/ in one clean sweep.

Oh yeah and a few Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden waifufags appeared.

You have to be over 18 to post here kiddo

>Lets put stealth in!
>Lets make the parry the same button as light attack!
>Lets allow the intern to program the camera system!
>Lets make a game that's related to Metal Gear Solid!

No

It's honestly more because /cgg/ was Wii U/PC community (justifiably) and DmC:DE is only on PS4(TM).

Lot's of people judged DmC:DE by it's cover rather than the merit of its improvement over vanilla. Not saying it's great, but it's probably slightly below NG3:RE tier.

Speaking of which NG3RE also debated on being /cgg/ or not due to NG purists keep talking down NG3RE and NG2S. Again compared to the trinity of Bayo 1, DMC3/4, and NG2Black of course they fall short, but not when compared to Fairy Bloom Freesia and Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae

>Lords of the Fallen-tier trash
>"Samurais are so cool 10/10"

>DE fixed a lot gameplay
it fixed fuck all
>lock on is implemented
it is barely utilized and you still have that retarded special melee for moves like high time
>color coded enemies are fixed by making wrong color mixes do75% of what normal damage should do, and no hitstun+properties.
That is completely missing the point. A free mod that removes it for the PC is a better fix

DE plays the same as vanilla, most gameplay tweaks are patch tier number changes at best. Seriously how the fuck did this meme even start

>I don't want to learn therefore the game is garbage

A true patricians genre completely ruined by a 180 tonal shift and the fanbase now being mostly the type of steam bronies who think that the game is only good if it is material for "style" videos

The best beatemups/ hack and slash games are DMC1, NG1, god hand, DMC3, Bayo 1/2, Bloodborne, NiOh and the Arkham series. What am I missing?

Pic related would have been better than the buttonmashing turd MGRR ended up as btw, so you might as well lump Jedi Outcast into the hack and slash category

>Not buying CUHRAYZEE games despite the platform they are on
Console Warriors are cancer. I own DMC games on ps2, 360 and PC. I own Bayo on 360 and Wii U. I bought a Xbox for NGB.

>Stealth
Ignore it you're not punished for not using it, it's just there because Metal Gear is in the title
>Lets make the parry the same button as light attack!
What did he mean by this
>Lets allow the intern to program the camera system!
What did he mean by this
>Lets make a game that's related to Metal Gear Solid!
What did he mean by this

You put arkham in that listing and shit on MGR
No wonder the general died

>DE plays the same as vanilla

Spoken like someone who has never played it. The DMC mode alone fixes a lot of shit like difficulty and the style system and puts it more in line with traditional DMC than some people are willing to admit. Also using "meme" for anything you dislike just shows how much of a neckbeard you are.

he was too dumb to tap the stick towards the attack direction and press light attack. And the parry being mapped this way makes the game too button mashy

MGR camera is an absolute abortion

He is a MGS lorefag and does not like Raiden post MGS4 acting the way he does in MGR

>Arkham series
Mashing one button is considered good?

Where did I say it was difficult? I said it was poorly designed.

You do understand that these types of games aren't actually hard to beat, right?

>core combat, IE the gameplay is the same
>but the difficulty and some number changes
learn to read, you shitcunt

>Bloodborne
Uh, no. That's an action rpg. A very mediocre one at it.

He probably thinks Batman automatically makes a game good

Not him but try that in the iceberg lounge infinite challenge and see how far you get.

>he was too dumb to tap the stick towards the attack direction and press light attack.

It's not hard to do, it's just a dumb choice. Faggots like you probably never played the original DMC games.

>Lacking reading comprehension
>Trying hard to seem cool
I wish the age rules were imposed harder

>genre
it was never a genre.
just a name for some autist to label their favorite games that has better than most combat

>core combat, IE the gameplay is the same

So not only have you not played, you never even read the list of changes meaning you're bitching for the sake of bitching. Kek.

Why is it that the people who so madly shit on the arkham games have never even played them? They require a much higher level of involvement and thought to even stay alive let alone "style" on than something like MGRR where you can stay safe 99% by mashing parry and the other time by dodging the color coded non-parryable attack

Try actually playing the game. The weapons with the largest movesets border around 25-30 and you can always have two equipped at a time. Its an action game with heavy RPG mechanics (not unlike something like DMC where you buy more moves)

As if mashing two buttons in vary orders is any better.

Face it white slime, your genre has always been a fucking dead end from a design perspective. You're like a deranged housewife reading nothing but Hungarian murder mysteries all the while complaining that nobody gets it right anymore in a desperate attempt to relive the experience you had as a child when reading them to escape daddy's belt.

>Try actually playing the game. The weapons with the largest movesets border around 25-30 and you can always have two equipped at a time. Its an action game with heavy RPG mechanics

The point of /cgg/ high level play is creativity with setups. Since it's single player non competitive, VST is more like NBA all starts dunk contest. People come up with intricate set ups to show off. With respect to Bloodborne, people already look down upon "dial a combo moves" and Bloodborne is mostly dial a combo move (2nd move of a certain string being good etc). There's no creativity involved. In DMC for example, you can royal guard, royal release, trickster dash, jump out, abuse i-frame on some moves such as Gilgamesh backdash, roll out, buffer jump royal guard, guard fly out of harm's way. In Bloodborne/Souls game you dash/roll out of harm's way. Yawn.

I love souls game, but they don't have anywhere enough degree of freedom to be /cgg/

>Implying there's anything resembling depth in terms of mechanics in MGR
>Inplying anyone would find proficiency in this genre impressive

That's quite a bit more bullshit I expect from a visual argument for eugenics such as yourself.

>completely regressing the combat to an even more basic as fuck system is an evolutionary step
top kek

This level of retardation can only come from an underage or some tripfag who thought he could blend in

>/cgg/

good, nobody gives a fuck about "Le cuhrayzee" because thats exactly whats killing action games. Start actually designing interesting enemies for me again instead of focusing on how many flashy moves neckbeards can pull off on style videos.

Keep trying bud, you'll fit in one day.

>Crazy is killing action games
PLEASE Kill yourself

>Implying that it could even be improved in the first place.

m-muh dante! jap devs are bestern devs! best combat!

>because thats exactly whats killing action games
as opposed to shit like BamHam and AssCreed?

>regression is a better option
braindead fucknut

Pretty much this.

Quick list of games I consider CUHRAYZEE. Tell me if I'm missing anything or if something doesn't belong.
>Devil May Cry series
>Bayonetta 1 and 2
>Metal Gear Rising Revengence
>God of War series
>Darksiders 1 and 2
>Dante's Inferno
>God Hand
>Ninja Gaiden series
>Killer is Dead
>DmC Devil May Cry (I know it's bad but I still think it fits the requirements)
>Heavenly Sword (not sure about)
>No More Heroes (not sure about)

>M-my favourite games are cuhrayzee too, I swear!
No. Stop this madness. Just because in an action game you perform some kinds of combos, it doesn't make the game cuhrayzee. Putting games like Batman in the same genre of Devil May Cry is dumb. Very dumb.

What's with this mania of calling a game cuhrayzee at all costs? It's not an adjective you can glue to a game just because you like it. It's a well defined genre. You are as dumb as those that call Super Mario 3D World a 2.5D game just because they don't like it.
Just accept your favourite games are not cuhrayzee (which is not a bad thing at all, there's nothing wrong with being not-cuhrayzee) and move on.

Don't worry. Team Ninja are back with Nioh, NieR Automata shall arrive soon, and indie games are starting to embrace the cuhrazey as well now.

You can't exactly ruin a pile of shit, buddy.

Haha get fucked noob. GOW is the baseline definiton of not /cgg/. Same with all Suda51 games, Dantay Inferno, Darksiders

Yes, good franchises get shiy entries (NG3 and Yaiba, DmC) or are utterly forgotten (Shinobi, VJ, God Hand, Vanquish) and Platinum games dilutes the pool with their generic takes on established IPs (MGR, Korra) And even the west is shying away instead of taking notes from Japan, God of War 4 is just TLoU clone now.

Games need to be cinematic and story driven, no skill required or else it makes players feel bad they suck dick at video games. Everyone is moving on to boring, slow souls clones.

/vg/ is a collection on circlejerks. They must have gotten sick of each other.

I thought Deadpool was a pretty decent cuhrazy game. Hell, it was pretty funny despite being a Waypool game.

come on, MGR's awful camera alone dropped the overall score of the game down a point

Assassins creed combat is trash.

People who think Batman games have bad combat are genuinely retarded. Something like Arkham Asylum had a really basic combat system but by the time arkham knight rolled in it genuinely beats most nu-hack and slash games out of the water EASILY

What you children dont seem to understand is that what constitutes a good hack and slash isnt the amount of moves you can pull off- its the interaction between the player and the enemy. This is also the reason why something like DMC4 is an abomination and praising it as anything more than a mediocre, dumbed down DLC for DMC3 should be an automatical reason to ignore someone

The arkham games focus on the player staying alive, not on the player picking from a million different types of attacks to juggle the enemy. This concept is much more engaging when they start mixing enemy types and you take into account that you want to keep the combo meter up.

Even then, calling it "mashing one button" is just a clear sign of never having played it. The parry is one button which is just a block that doesnt even work on anything but the most basic goons. Then blocking knife attacks already requires two buttons, and parrying them requires you to time the input for each swing.

Add to that the special moves (throw, break weapon/ disarm, takedown, ground takedown, multi takedowns etc, quickfire gadgets) and it already starts to have quite a few options to pick from on the fly.

youtube.com/watch?v=j9-7FrM_eLs

neo/v/ is real

And I thought I would be celebrating announcement DMC5 with my old friends.

I literally never noticed the camera am I retarded?

>Batman is gud
>DMC4 is bad

Baitofbabylon.jpeg
Baitcalibur.jpeg
Baitworm.jpeg

Not unless we both are. So maybe

I don't celebrate with retards who lack common sense. DMC 5 isn't happening

Mostly when fighting the gorilla's it's a problem, because of the jump onto a wall and then onto you attack. Being locked onto it while it's right on top of you pressing forward to parry is difficult when you are spinning like a top.

It's absolutely happening, it just isn't announced.

Also, pretty sure Bayo 3 could get announced at today's Nintendo Direct.

well the last game came out in 2014, and the last actual DMC game came out in 2008

how do you expect a general to survive without any new releases in fucking years?

Oh right, like how it wasn't announced last year? Or the year before? Yeah, totally happening.

Although maybe I'm being unfair, I can see it coming out to be day, eventually, but I sure hope I don't see you and similar faggots screaming HAHA I TOLD YOU I FUKKEN TOLD U BRAHS like you weren't crying wolf every year prior. Until then, enjoy your sick smokin' pachinko-style.

big name members (Alps and so on) decided it's better to keep closed off community on skype groups without dirty lo-skill normies being able to read them

why do people keep thinking that a concept they literally struggled to make into a game would have been a good game

>Haha get fucked noob

I unironically missing calling people noobs while playing Halo 2 in 2004. Leet speak needs to come back. "gg ez" is fucking retarded.

>gg ez is fucking retarded
>calls peoples noobs
holy shit

Even then nobody even care anymore. Literally 2 people Alps and MikeKob playing GodHand and jerking off each other talking about techs even other member of //cgg/ don't particularly care about

Then bunch of DMC4 autists with nothing left but practicing side raves reps. And guard flying.

The community is bound to die. Even donguri lost the motivation to play

Faggots who say shit like "crazy is killing action" and "neckbeard style videos" are just falseflaggers. Any game with a high skill ceiling scares away insecure people who can't muster up the ability to succeed. I'm no super technician in DMC but I can still appreciate the game and genre for their innovations and room for improvement. Why do you think fighting games with low skill ceilings don't fucking last, noone wants to play a game when it's all been done before a million times. Freeflow is great for making you feel cool for little effort but the amount of technical complexity is nowhere near that of cuhrayzee games. There's nothing wrong with that, unless you're a faggot who can't accept their own shortcomings and absolutely need to shoehorn their games into a genre they don't fit in. Noone is showing off new Bamham techniques.

General degenerated to bump/waifu posting, lorefagging, infighting, and just little to no productivity. It died out and it is just a memecord channel now

We just need new games really, the genre could have a revival and people could come back, but Platinum's non-main IP offerings don't give a lot to the genre. I say that as a Platinum fan, Bayonetta is the only one with a skill ceiling that approaches DMC.

>Bayo 3
So, Platinum's 15th simultaneous project right now?

What with Nier A, Scalebound, Lost Order, Granblue ReLink, and (probably) a Vanquish PC port all happening who the fuck there is left to work on Bayo 3?

Banter just isn't as fun for me anymore. It's so passive aggressive and unsatisfying. The more straightforward approach of the 00's feels much more rewarding to me than typing a short anagram at the end of a match. Just an opinion.

>Is it becoming a Dead genre?

New Devil May Cry: Likely, Capcom and Itsuno has worded themselves positively about the future of DMC. Also work pipeline namedrop and Itsuno working on something after DMC4SE.

New Ninja Gaiden: Possible, TN has expressed interest but if Ni-Oh is a success they might chase that instead.

New Bayonetta: Doubtful, Bayo 2 didn't sell great on launch and I don't know how much reprints after Smash and PewDiePie playing helped it.

New Metal Gear Rising: VERY doubtful, Platinum have confirmed they're not working on it. If Konami was smart they'd do it to win back fans after Kojima left. They will probably sooner axe Metal Gear though.

Then you bant with the wrong people

>the genre could have a revival and people could come back
Yes and no. Nobody bothered do develop high level Vergil, Trish, and Lady play and went straight back to their 'tism playing Dante/Nero and doing side raves / calibur JC reps when DMC4SE came out.

/cgg/ fags jumped to discord cgg channel

Trish and Lady don't have a lot of room, like yeah you can do cool shit but Lady gets SSS for just doing basic follow ups and Trish is rather slow. Vergil has some cool tools but restricting his down trick to DT really gimped him, that was a mistake. He still has potential though, so it makes me sad people apparently left him be.

>Nobody bothered do develop high level Vergil, Trish, and Lady play
youtu.be/k0gmYyUQTKw
you underestimate the internet
also check HuangRSFly, TensaZangetsx

what is discord?
is it active at all

>acti
Yes. But everybody seems to play Ninja Gaiden

>what is discord?
Messenger like skype but for vidya. There're some great players to discuss shit, yeah.

>tfw donguri doesn't play anymore

Huang's great. His (some might say her) combo is the most creative.

But still they're foreign players and not active member of /cgg

Do you have a link?

>Likely, Capcom and Itsuno has worded themselves positively about the future of DMC. Also work pipeline namedrop and Itsuno working on something after DMC4SE.

Sauce on all of this?

Besides a new DMC I'd say Bayo is most likely. After the poor sells for NG 3 and Z I don't see it happening. Konami will kill Metal Gear after Survive flops. Not sure how well Bayo 2 sold but it received positive reviews and most folks loved it. Being a Wii U exclusive hurt sales. It would do better as a PS4/Xbone title.

/cgg/ is dead because nobody at /cgg/ is good at action games, they just recycle whatever shit they see in combo mad videos.

The death knell for /cgg/ was Transformers Devastation, because it was amazing but after 15 seconds all anyone on /cgg/ could do was shriek "WHERE'S THE TECH? NO TECH NO CUHRAYZEE".

Nobody took the time to look. Nobody took the time to explore, even for like 5 goddamn minutes, to see what could be done with the system; if there wasn't a style video online exploiting it, it must not exist.

Months and months later people like Saur and Details discovered all this shit you could do to chain vehicle attacks and whatnot, of course by then the general was dead. But the point is, the general could have subsisted on the discussion fueled by that process of discovery, but nobody there wanted to discover. They just wanted to regurgitate shit they saw on YT.

It was worthless and it needed to die. It contributed nothing to the larger discussion about action games except pissing contests over definitions. It's a shame, but it's true.

discord.gg/Qd6cMg3

Your first message must be a password "I'm from Tony Redgrave"

Pretty much, and I feel bad about this too. It's not even new game, with DMC4SE new characters, nobody bothered exploring. We just wait to copy some techs from overseas player

Go fucking figure.

>Noone is showing off new Bamham techniques.

"Noone" is showing off new DMC techniques either. Literally every webm or video is shit youve seen a million times before. The "high level play" is literally always full of repetitive tactics and its no meme to just dumb it down to mashing jump cancel in the air while cycling through weapons and occasionally doing the buggy "cool" (but completely useless" shit like star rave or flying guard.

>neo-Cred Forums actually thinks that bamham combat is good
Holy fuck.

1. Noone is technically correct you dipshit, albeit not preferred.
2. The last DMC game came out in fucking 2007, the Special Edition only added one character who actually had the typical depth and almost nothing to the two old characters, you can't just point at a game that's almost 10 years old and say "See how stale this game is?" It's fucking 10 years old for God's sake. When a new one releases, if it does, people will return.

>neo-Cred Forums actually thinks that bamham combat is deep
fixed that for you. It is good for what it is, a beat em up with no positioning or thought required.

This. Though with every conference that passes my hopes and dreams are crushed even more. Itsuno could have been the one to fill my dark soul with light.

I never said its deep. Ive said that its a fundamentally much more effective combat system because of its enemies than autism simulators like DMC4 that are practically just safe space fighting games for retards who cant actually juggle something that fights back

>It is good for what it is
It's a shitty button masher.

Jim Sterling pls go.

where did this meme that DMC enemies don't fight back come from? I'm sincerely confused, Arkham enemies are much more passive and likely to give you breathing room than DMC's, not to mention more predictable to such a degree that the only variance is big guy you have to beat down/shield guy you have to jump on/taser guy/knife guy you have to jump over/dude with gun.

Try actually playing the games.

I die much less on DMD in DMC4 than on knightmare in arkham knight. How can the enemies fight back when they are helplessly staggered in the air?

>Arkham series
>Games
Nice joke.

It comes from underages thinking they're super cool by lying

Yes? Hilariously enough something like DMC4 is barely half a game.

>ITT: Bamham vs DMC
Play Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta or even God Hand. Play a real game for once you "muh combo" autists

Still more of a game than Bamham.

I would play Bayonetta but I'm not buying a Wii U for one game.

How can you be good enough to maintain juggles on super aggressive and tough DMD enemies without faltering once and losing half your life but you're too shit at Batman to not die when the game demands the barest interaction to avoid damage and even gives you bullet time the better you do with the right upgrades. This smells like utter bullshit.

The thing is, you have to be pretty good at DMC already to keep enemies helplessly staggered in the air (at least while maintaining a decent style rank).

That's the rhythm of the game; you avoid damage until you have your window, and then punish it as hard as possible by sustaining your combo as long as possible. Just like any fighting game, really. And, just like any fighting game, a big part of that skill ceiling is knowing HOW to sustain that combo to keep up the punishment.

If you can hold an enemy (and yourself) in the air above the fray until it's dead, consistently, then you're already pretty good at DMC. It's not a question of the game being too easy, it's a question of you having above-average competence at what it asks.

Harder difficulty doesn't equate to good combat per se, my child

wasn't /cgg/ making a game or something? what happened to that?

some guy at /agdg/ visited cgg a fair bit, but never really allowed people to play his games, just show some WIP combo webms
game was Mayhem League

I only need to know exactly what buttons to press and when to be "good" at DMC4. Its literally 100% memorization and they couldnt be bothered to design the difficulty of the game accordingly to account for 4 ("5") styles at once.

In batman I will literally die the second I start to mash buttons in a way that isnt specifically what the enemy needs. I actually have to focus and react to the enemy setups on screen and not get caught into animations that leave me open

I havent even mustered to will to beat DMC1 on hard yet. That game actually demands you to master its systems rather than to just straight up break the unbalanced garbage by instantly warping to every enemy on screen and exploiting your arsenal of a million practical instakill techniques all the way from cheap pandora attacks to the classic helpless enemy looks retarded while stunlocked in the air spam

>DmC shills are Bamham loving faggots
This is the cancer that is ruining games.

How fun is it to play as Lady? I'm postponing playing DMC4SE because I'm afraid I might not like it.

Lady is fun but extremely powerful, almost overpowered. Even Blitzes will pose little threat to your wall of firepower.Switching to Trish is actually a downgrade in terms of power.

the announcement for bayo was just the amiibo user