Why is legion so popular...

Why is legion so popular? I never played the game but all of my friends who quit in 2009 after cataclysm came out are hopping back on the WoW train.

What went right? Are they catering to oldfags? Please explain to me the success of legion to someone who doesn't really know much about WoW

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8sjhjFOw4Ok
strawpoll.me/11264549
youtube.com/watch?v=nFwtbNPb6x8
lorelol.ytmnd.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

idk

my

Good marketing.

Varian dies ysera dies tirion dies cenarius dies

In the last expansion, you basically leveled to max, then sat around all day. This expansion has content, but after two weeks, it's wearing thin.

>Are they catering to oldfags?
The last resemblance of "old WoW" died with Arthas, and anyone with half a braincell knows it.

wrath of the lich king was crap

Maybe, but it was the turning point between old WoW (classic, BC) and new WoW (cata onwards).

The only turning point was BC, WoW followed the exact same formula since then.

i dunno, why don't you consult your fucking press release

>implying

You're right, wc3 is the world we all loved.

There's a lot to do in this expansion in every aspect.
Many ways to gear up, and they designed the expansion to keep people occupied, for better or worse.

Like as an example in previous expansions potions were pretty cheap. Especially in WoD they were absolutely trivial.
Now they are somewhat harder to get, so people actually go out and gather the herbs because buying them would ruin them finanically.
Same with other consumables. Crafted gear is also viable currently and will remain profitable for a while.

People who dont only want to raid will also be able to gear up through Mythic+ dungeons, so now you got alternatives for 5man content too.

Adding an endgame only zone like Suramar was smart too.

WotLK introduced:
>cash shop
>liberal use of daily quests
>vehicles
>multiple sets of numbers for the same thing AKA difficulties
>menu-based interaction
>dungeon finder
>welfare gear for shitters
>everyone is allowed to see all content mentality

So with shattered defenses as arms is it worth refreshing your colossus smash debuff before it expires for the damage boost from shattered defenses? Goddess of love for answers.

TBC had most of these things.
Cash Shop character transfers were a thing in late vanilla already.
TBC introduced daily quests and they made up the absolute majority of endgame content that wasnt raids or dungeons.
TBC started the vehicles with the bombardment missions that you'd have to do every single day for the Skyguard and shitty garbage races for the Netherwing.
TBC introduced heroic dungeons which are the same as the regular ones with higher numbers. On top of that TBC dungeons are the most linear dungeons ever seen in WoW history.
TBC also added free epics with the Sunwell island and you could get epics by just grinding rep in the easiest 5mans.

Only thing TBC didnt have was dungeon finder. Thats it.
Vanilla was a different beast from TBC entirely. Then TBC pretty much changed the game and the game is still a lot like it.

Hey man, literally all of that is valid but you can't shit talk difficulties like Ulduar doesn't still have the best ones to this day. Difficulties in that raid were you have to go out of your way to make the boss harder rather than flip a switch.

You always wanna keep CS on cooldown because it can proc from tactician.
Warbreaker is good to keep the CS debuff up though.

I'm not shit talking Ulduar, in fact it did hardmodes as they're supposed to be.
I'm talking about TotC and ICC where you flip a switch in your character menu for higher numbers.

to be fair, blizz introduced some daily quests to the game to see how players like them and those goddamn cunts fucking LOVED them.

I remember people offering to suck dick for more daily quests on the official forums. casual faggots praised the most limiting, boring and repetitive thing in this game and so they started making more of them each expansion.

GAMEDEV 101: NEVER - FUCKING NEVER LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS.

We liked em cause it was a steady source of income when it was hard if you were bad

And if you weren't bad it jumpstarted whatever you were about to make money with next

But it was
It was the beginning of the end with the looking for dungeon

>Why is legion so popular?
We don't even know if it is popular because Blizzard stopped releasing their subscriber numbers

Could be less popular than WoD for all we know

i thought Cred Forums loved legion

TBC introduced almost everything you listed. Pretty sure everything on that list started in TBC except for dungeon finder.

Because how they're handling Legion, is probably the best "Modern" World of Warcraft is going to get.

Vanilla/TBC players will still complain about how bad the game still is, which they are right but at this point its extremely pointless because the general drooling masses would not accept a game like Vanilla/TBC right now.

Its a very sad fact but its true.

If Blizzard made legacy servers in the same way Jagex made OSRS servers they'd rake in money

>you think you do, but you don't

Jagex proved this wrong so hard. OSRS prints money.

>What went right?

wow != memescape

>OSRS prints money.
Because new Runescape is pure steaming garbage. And not the pure steaming garbage Cred Forums considers modern WoW. Modern WoW still made money and had a hefty amount of players.

Jagex had to make OSRS because they would be bankrupt if they didn't.

Blizzard has had no reasons to make old servers financially because WoW still made them money and they have like 3 different games now that give them income.

agreed. current wow is beyond saving and a real legacy server would be the best we could hope for but as it looks they won't make one.

>this mmo with millions of players who want a vanilla expereince isn't like this mmo with millions of frustrated players who want a frustrated expereince

Do you really think legacy servers wouldn't be a financial success?

raids drop tomorrow dumb boi thats the core of wow endgame lel, also 7.1 is coming whenever with kzan and da mythic plus

Yeah but raids, world bosses and mythic+ unlock tomorrow. That's a lot of shit to get done before 7.1 in a couple of months.

TBC had a dungeon finder but you could only queue 3 specific ones and got no reward bag

even vanilla had a dungeon finder, it was the meeting stones , but since you to walk to the dungeon entrance to use them it was easier to use chat channels

>TBC had a dungeon finder
TBC had a group finder and it was one of the worst things ever.

>'millions' (hundreds) think they wan't a shit experience because of the rose tinted goggles strapped to their greasy heads

nah. i'll post here instead.

>WoD drops
>massive influx of dumbasses resub thinking "but it's different this time!" expecting the game to not be shit
>the game is shit
>everyone quits after 3 months

>Legion drops
>massive influx of dumbasses resub thinking "but it's different this time!" expecting the game to not be shit
>the game is shit
>???

Gee I wonder what's going to happen.

>waah waah I don't like wow
>oh sweet a fallout thread

12,000 players on a nost at any time of the day aka more than 100,000 active players somehow played for months although they didn't really want to play.

those idiots didn't even realize that they hate what they're doing because of all the fun they were having....fools.

You wish, nostcuck . Never ever

You are right. People want to play old wow, but not forever. Anyone who thinks people would play vanilla more than a year are idiots. It doesnt have any long livety and thats why they dont release legacy servers. Besides anyone complaining about it are too retarded to find a private server that suits their needs
>b-but muh shutdown
Not many private servers have been shut down ever. Only ones that got shut down were heavily advertised. Look at AT its still running after many years.

it's pathetic enough that people still play WoW, but it's even more pathetic that people bitch and moan about them doing so while sobbing into their pillows about how they can't play an older version of a garbage game.

WoW was always a garbage, watered-down MMO meant to appeal to people too casual for EverQuest or Ultima, get the fuck over it.

Well give me a more 'hardcore' alternative that is not a private server and can play either for free or buy sub with in game currency. Oh and eve is out of the question as i dont enjoy the scifi setting

>oh no people will ONLY play for a fucking YEAR
totally not worth it. let's rather invest in a new God of War game with 6 hours playtime, heyooooo.

all of them get letters from blizz threatening legal action. Nost just were the only pussies to actually react to it.
they also had the only server that worked well and didn't have donation/cash shop shit.

>6 hours playtime, heyooooo.
The difference is that gow is a single player game and wow is a fucking mmo supposed to be played for years or at least over a year.

Delete your post.

Im almost at that point, again,being stressed over not having people to raid with really compels me to not want to play the game.

here is your vanilla wow experience.
Waiting for mobs to spawn and ganking opposite faction.

>supposed to be played for years
says who?
my point is that if it's worth creating an entire game for players to have 6-10 hours of fun, it is worth to polish up this old turd for a year/hundreds of hours of entertainment.

It is praised so much because not of the quality of the expansion but because we got some kind of CONTENT AFTER WOD DROUGHT.

I unsubbed from WoW 1 year before Legion launch, looking forward to sub again but not sure if I want to

As i said it doesnt have any long livety. Now go look for a private server or stop crying about a problem that doesn't exist.

>players found another cool glyph of weaponmaster trick
>blizzard will probably nerf it because they hate fun

Nothing.
I came back, but then I realised it was still just wow.

So blizz is hiding the numbers still?
I bet it looks just like wod's rollercoaster, 1 months subs ending soon :3

memes

>want to do raids
>too autistic to get into guilds.

this isn't fun..

No you don't user. Then you'll get obligated to show up on a schedule, and eventually you'll have a part time job that you're paying a monthly subscription to attend. Raiding sure is fun

Sucks to be you. I've played on and off since BC and only ever joined two guilds. Good cores of friends who lasted me several years.

Who is most OP currently in PVP? Once i'm raid ready i usually level and stomp BGs for a bit, last xpac Frost DK was fucked, who is most broken right nowin pvp?

wat

Fuck off shill

>never ever

I've heard that before

It's not.
>What went right?
Nothing, just launch hype (pic strongly related).

Just do raid finder then join pugs. Raiding as a guild is only for the faggots now.

Just run LFR.

Yeah nice "evidence" you have there.

find pugs if you can stand wasting hours every day while pugs search for tanks/healers
eventually you'll get bored and unsub
or find a jo.. i mean guild and enjoy dicksucking the raid leader

Cenarius becomes a Raid Boss, he may be saved.

He gets saved along with ursoc and shit
After you clear the raid it becomes cleansed from corruption and you can travel around it in it's emerald dream form

Man I love that spike right after pandaria. So many close minded idiots missed the 4th best xpac because of judging a book by its cover, only to return for the half assed MUH ORCS xpac.

It's a great indicator of how fucking stupid the fanbase for this game is.

This graph says:

Oh look its nothing.

of course its nothing you removed the axis

its not even a graph any more

When will warlocks be great again?

>dread lords can be infused with the Light and become "redeemons" even though the Light should be deadly to them

The fuck kind of fanfiction-tier writing is this shit?

Yeah I'll just drink molten steel and become a metal warrior.

That's totally how it works.

Everything would be better if warlock babbies would just kill themselves.
Worst playerbase objectively.

It's a collection of vertices connected by edges, that seems like a graph to me ;-)

a lot of people come back for a month or two when the xpac hits and then leave again

I fall into this trap and I'm disappointed in myself.

Legion gets old after your 100th daily quest, and once you realize that you have to rep grind on every single alt if you want to do the content.

The balance is the worst it has ever been, and especially in casual instanced PvP.

It took 2 weeks for the spergs to see this, it will take 2 months for the normies. Then they will leave, just like WoD.

Legion has already lost most of the hype crowd, some are still dangling like a turd from an asshole.

But we are near numbered of WoW in 2006 in vanilla.

Seriously, what the fuck?

Never, you had your time to shine in pandaria.

> Do all the mythics in a single lockout
> 15-20h
> 2 suitable items drop
> Another 10-15 hours spend in WQ
Next week will be better, right?

Never
Enjoy browsing lfg wathing everyone else gets instant invite and fill up raid parties in seconds

just get crafted 850 shit

I run out on 23rd.

I can't keep giving money to them.

50 nightfallen rep for swimming to 4 pylons under the sea.

cba with waterwalking stuff.

as an example ^^^^^^ Theres worse.

The roleplaying game principle is wearing thin with me also.
Its clear

The game is nearing arcade levels.

Epics left right and centre, legendaries for candy.

ilevel, ilevel and ilevel.

waste of money that could pay for sub if you wanted

>Game basically plays like Diablo 2.
>everything pushes towards an upgrade eventually
>Don't need to religiously grind daily quests to get ahead.
>If I do religiously grind I am rewarded
>Solo content is fun and challenging.
>Artifact provides scaling progression I can always be sure I will have.

Honestly? It's the best expansion ever. I can either chill out and have casual time or hardball something and be rewarded.

Just do both.
Money is ez.

There's nothing that states the Nazretheim can't fight for the Light, just the majority of their race embraced Fel and became demons.

I'm going to finish the raid on heroic and push mythic+ dungeons. This should keep me busy for a few weeks, and then I will decide if I want to keep playing.

youtube.com/watch?v=8sjhjFOw4Ok

Vanilla and TBC were literally made for the drooling masses of their time.

oh right, LRR is a thing

each expansion gets hyped to fuck for 6 months before its released, while at the same time budget for development goes down each expansion.
its popular right now because its only just been released but as usual, the hype will die off and people will remember why they quit in the first place, this usually takes 1-2 months
this is the first expansion im not going to try at all
see you next year

if you play it:

- there's actually stuff to do
- the 'daily' quest system in this expansion is probably the least repetitive incarnation of world quests it's ever been
- the music is finally GOAT again after being pretty boring since wotlk
- the expansion areas are basically 'non-themed', i.e. it's like they did vanilla all over again with a variety of zones that don't have a forced common design route, like the cataclysm, mop and wod areas. this makes them comfy.

>>Game basically plays like Diablo 2.
>good thing
kys shill.

Its not successful, there's just the standard "it just came out" surge of popularity.

When people realize it's literally the same game its always been, they'll leave for the same reasons they left before.

Dreadlords are natural race that was recruited by the legion not changed by voidlords into demons like for example imps or eredar.
It's similar to shivaras and don't be surprised when army of the light also has them among the ranks since you already have them among ilidari ranks because they preferred to work with DH rather than the legion to achieve their own goals

help

I can't see my item level/gear score in my character sheet. Is it because I'm just level 86 or what?

>you already have them among ilidari ranks because they preferred to work with DH rather than the legion to achieve their own goals
Nope they just obey to Illidan as demon lord, so as shitton of other demons in Ourland.

grinding the same dungeon for the same gear that is just 5 item levels higher is fucking boring

I'll run through this shit a few more weeks and im out breh I don't want to get the same exact set of armor multiple times that isn't enjoyable

well its bad for me, I got 2 days to maximise whether that's good before my sub goes.

I cant be assed with WoW being a FB game. Wasting time.

>- there's actually stuff to do
Such as..?
>i.e. it's like they did vanilla all over again with a variety of zones that don't have a forced common design route,
Lolno, Legion areas looks retarted, it's like if they placed Tanaris instead of Black Rock in Vanilla.

When Sargeras met them, the Dreadlords were actually using Void magic.

So they can use other magic, they're just demons and mostly dicks.

>r find a jo.. i mean guild and enjoy dicksucking the raid leader
Source?

You will be doing that every content release.

Grinding the same dungeons for RNG loot increase along with everyone else.

You won't be special. You will be lucky.

A legendary dropped for a huntard in a dungeon, I just said "GZ".
Like wow, you got lucky GJ.

In vanilla I would of been like "yikes, that's pretty cool".

I did the raids on Beta. It's pretty fun and Mythic+ is hardcore.

Except that's wrong, they followed him because he offered them an alternative to Fel energy using the Arcane font stored where the Reliquary of Souls is.

Could be good then.

Fix PVP rewards too.

20 salmon for winning a hard won BG is just making the dev team look like they have down syndrome.

>tfw you leveled a 2nd character to 110 and try to keep it somewhat up to date
what a mistake that was, holy shit
this expansion isn't alt friendly in the slightest, i'm already feeling burnt out

>What went right?

Illidan. People don't realize how popular Arthas and Illidan are, they are more of WoW's poster boys than Thrall will ever be.

Illidan has been slapped all over any form of marketing for Legion, of course people want a piece of this shit.

Marketing was goat too.

Two characters isn't that bad, you just have to prioritise one of them. Just focus your alt on key WQ, dungeons and Suramar.

You can get Marks of Honor with the season, that you can use to redeem old Pvp sets.

PvP doesn't rely on gear anyway so it's a good treadmill.

just level it up and keep the artifact knowledge rolling, thats the only thing that matters.

I feel like i am playing for ilevel. Even if the bosses are good.

Its the game in general or just me.

Its always been loot based i know that but the community is ilevel driven and that is so gay? a man of 23 trying to get high ilevel. It doesn't look or feel right.

>not having a chill guild and having fun while raiding

I recall blizz saying something about Alts getting high ilvl worldquests may be a feature.

I went through all the leveling process again on my prot warrior so I could start my own mythic groups and deny as many DPS as I wanted, no matter what their ilvl was.

Fuckers.

user's ass

0.1% increase in power they said for every 1ilevel

and it feels nice.

Whatever. PVP aint fun anyway. WoW's game engine was fun with PVP in 2004-2008.

Its like minecraft PVP to me.

Hypemongering.
ILLIDAN
NIGHTWELL (cuz sunwell, amiright?)
BURRRRNING LEGION
TOMB OF SARGERAS
DEATH OF YSERA
XAVIUS
ASSBRINGER, DOOMHAMER, 1/2*2 FROSTMOURNE

Also
>great pre launch event
>smoothest launch ever
>blizz desperately trying to convince people there will be content by already releasing 7.1 info

Watch it crash and burn after 7.1 as we get one raid for 12+months with Illidan being like Grom was in WOD

... That is what WoW has been about since Vanilla man. What do you expect?

Just relax and enjoy the gentle incline of better gear.

They are adding tons of non gear content too.

Artifact weapon Talent Tree.

Talent Trees should come back anyways, the true real ones, not the shit we have now.

>want to get into raiding
>don't want to deal with drama and want people to at least be good enough for heroic

This is going to be impossible. I haven't started looking because what I want is impossible to find.

>worgen model update never

blizzard says a lot of things
remember wintergrasp flying combat?
remember Azjol-Nerub being the game's first underground zone?
remember the dance studio?
remember farahlon?
remember bladespire citadel / temple of karabor being a capital city?
remember that zone to the southeast of broken shore that was cut out?

You're a lootwhore.
Good gear comes automatically if you do hard content.

The ones who are most obsessed with ilevel are pug heroes who cant get shit done with their guild.

Yeah ok.

I'll see.

Subscribing needs to feel worthwhile.

And am shit at making gold for tokens.

Anyone know gold farming for tokens that's quick?

more like blizzard's ass, those are official numbers

I'm using the alpha model (with added tail) for now. It's pretty alright, apart from giving my armor nipples too.

You know that zone that was left out of broken shore was for the intro right?

find people able to learn in 1-2 fails
>the same retard causes the wipe 20 times in the same night
>till a different player gets the "skill" that wipe the raids
Fuck wow community

Just because you enjoyed the panda theme doesn't mean everyone else did user. Heaven forbid people like the game for the orcs and humans aesthetic that Blizzard put front & center since the original Warcraft 1 strategy game.

Can i not just PUG in trade for the new raid tomorrow?

835 LFR

but 840 - 850 if you without LFR.

My guild shite.

So i can use trade channel right?

Remember the WOD zone that never made it?
Remember highly customizable garrisons that could be placed in any zone?

Nope, that's not. It's just a guy that didn't get what blizzard's official number said.

The Broken Shore IS the zone you go to for the intro.

I wouldn't blame locks. Its the faggots who don't invite them because
>muh speedrun

>have a model that's almost universally agreed is better looking
>a few people whine about it
>scrap it for a shitty looking angry chihuahua face
>everyone hates it and wants it changed
>no

LFR wont open tomorrow I think?
And I wouldnt want to rely on pugs for first week raids.

How can I even find those people?

>received a paladin quest, requiring me to beat a dungeon on Mythic difficulty
>iLvl currently only 822
>not in a guild
>too autistic to join one

What do?

Mythic+ is a faster way to gear for skilled people anyway.

Mythic and World Bosses.

Might be a new zone for 7.2 or 7.3 and shit

mythic+ will it be better than the new raid tomorrow for high ilevel?

Thal'Dranath was going to be the intro zone.

it was going to explode at the end.

Supposedly some furfag complained they "didn't look vicious enough" and we got the perma-snarl Chihuahuas for it

mythic+ capped at 850 ilevel for the first week.

neither of which happened

what's your fucking point?

what dungeon? we may be able to help each other out.

Raiding guild.

I smell self-righteous fuck lords.

Oh god nooo whyyyyy.

I'd rather have actual zones that mean something with content being made often than a a single worthless island.

The Island was sparse with little content, Blizzard even admitted if they released it it would have been shit.

I think you just focus on the missing things instead of shit we got.

Why is this game addicting?

Open world large numbers of PEEPS?

Its people that makes it addicting right?

I almost downloaded LoL cuz of the cumfy numbers.

But then i realised, your thrown into a map to collect little coins, to awkwardly take down 12 year olds 80 times a day.

Whilst the universe goes around with you looking older in the mirror.

>a single worthless island.
literally eye of azshara and broken shore

Normally the shills stop after the game actually comes out. Are your subs hurting so badly you're still trying Blizzard?

I can't stand made up quests now.

I tried reading them when legion started.

But its like:

"My ass hurts, yeah, get me 70 chairs, thanks".

progressiiiiiion

Yeah there are games that aren't like this.

What is the most fun pet class or spec right now?

You should clarify it only had that for dungeons, but everyone was always able to see the dungeons anyway for the most part. The everyone see everything mentality for raids came a bit later, very specifically LFR but was getting easier to get into since wrath.

Also if you guys love classic so much, theres plenty of those private servers. Go ahead and consumable and resistance farm, that sure was a real fun time, after raiding with 40 people and getting 2, maybe 3 items per boss on average.

>Everyone who enjoys a game is a shill.

What games are you playing currently user?

>Normally the shills stop after the game actually comes out.
you don't really know how MMOs work, do you?

Mythic dungeons are easy, I tanked through most of them with my brewmaster with complete randoms.

just create your own group and name it "dungeon mythic, chill run".

>Doing Vault of the Wardens
>Wipe on Inquisitor
>Three people kill themselves at the elevator
>One of them does it four more times in a row

What the fuck is with WoW players and elevators.

>Legion areas looks retarted
you have to do better than this friendo

>845 Destro Warlock
>Have to work magic with making sure to make full potential out of my Havocs
>Gotta manage all these Cooldowns
>Gotta manage when I can cast since I gotta sit still to do damage
>I work hard, But feel proud at the end with a few anger inducing issues mostly involving movement

>Play Arms Warrior for PvP
>I literally cannot die
>I am pulling groups for questing and surviving
>I can literally roll my face across my keyboard in a dungeon and still be near the top for DPS
>I should just make half my hotkeys be 'Colossal Smash'

>Have no mythics to do
>i can do the nightfallen mythics
>no WQ, only 20 rep nightfallen quests
>1k rep left

AHHH fucking gated content.

even killing the guards don't give 1 rep.

Why is she drinking a candle?

Group finder? always seems to be mythic groups there.

have you done all the leylines?

Since wow servers are down, I would like opinions on if this mog counts as a slut mog

>tfw you know the real story as to why we got shit Worgen

It's no fault on Blizz's part, honestly.

Legion
"Glowing green shit sells"

Oh right, content.... oh yeah.

Here have some infinite gated content.

>Ashenvale 2.0: corruption edition
>Blade's Edge Mountains 2.0: no spikes edition
>Howling Fjord 2.0

only Azsuna and Suramar look unique, and even then all the water in Azsuna sucks ass

enjoy your 9000th daily quest this week then faggot

75 rep per pylon?

i have done two already.

That wont get me 1k rep???

strawpoll.me/11264549

pls vote

Unholy dk>Survival hunter>destro lock>frost mage(if it counts)>the rest of warlock>powerpowergap>the other hunter specs

Uhhhh, Illidan is supposed to be on our side. If it is him evil and then our side, I dunno... Maybe you are 20% right... But Grom was supposed to be 100% our enemy and we were kinda expecting to fight him and steal his Axe.

You know, I can just stop playing the game when it stops being fun or productive?

And then when I pick it back up, I always have something interesting popping up.

Story wise it is catering to oldfags but a lot of the gameplay is still modern WoW.
I expect a lot of returning players to start dropping it soon, but I guess we will see if Blizz can bring out content fast enough.

i do the same, and i stopped week after release

Arms is so fucking boring though.

I play Fury, because I find it more fun, and it fits the lore of my character. Yeah, it might not pull HUGE DEEPS, and I'm squishier than I really should be, but fuck, I kinda like that sense of panic it brings with it.

>Leave WoW during Lich cause "FUCK YOU IM NOT WAITING MONTHS FOR YOU TO GIVE ME ARTHAS I AM READY NOW!"
>Guildies would never do raids anyway or dungeon crawl.
>The excuse was always "we have school or work"
>Be the only fucker with a real full time job so I never can play with them during the day.
>Get told "quit your job then to play" as a excuse.
>Form a raid party a month in advance in the calendar but my guildies never show up.
>Fuck you all.
>Return in Legion.
>Go to Black Temple for shits and giggles.
>Pull everything in the fucking dungeon with me.
>One hit.
>Server shuts down as I am getting ready to go slap Illidan.
COCK SUCKER!

Want to level a alt.

CANTT

CUZ

BOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRINNNGGGGG

and suffering.

>Candle

That good sir, Is a Protein drink

Just finished the hunter campaign last night.

>lols, good job killing one demon with his super fel hunters

It was seriously lame. Are other classes any better?

Lol i did this before bed last night.

Like the dev team said "fuck is that the date!!!".

Yeah make them kill a boss in a dungeon, which they will kill again and again.

The World of Deadlines.

Isn't survival boring and not good?

Fury here too, I generally play whatever spec I find the most fun, like on my Rogue I am loving outlaw but I have a feeling assassination is better dps.

Expectations were rock bottom after WoD was literally microwaved dogshit

Turns out Legion is okay

Has some problems but It's still pretty good and Blizzard seems to be making a decent effort to deliver patch content

True, I did love Fury before. But I find Arms fun since I use 'The Black Hand' and it's more fun to whacka-mole a Night Elf before ya Goomba stomp the Gnome.

Hakkar is a pretty important guy. He should've had a model to represent who he was, though. Mages owe us their fucking lives, too.

I like how you know every one of this retards posts in this thread with how fucking retarded his typing is.

Survival has power and is genuinely fun and interesting, as well as complex, but it trades the safety of max range shooting with in the fray melee.

Outlaw is probably the strongest melee DPS in the game right now.

Rogues get to stealth through an un-instanced Stormwind to kill a dreadlord posing as Mathias Shaw.

> Worst playerbase objectively.

As bad as they are, Mages are unquestionably the worst. They're always top tier and whenever they're just plain good they lose their fucking minds, atleast when other classes complain 9/10 times its because they're LITERALLY bottom of the meters or unplayable clunky and shit DPS.

Mages bitch with an unmatched fury the second they're not #1.

Well shit that is even better.

>Main hunter all these years.
>Restart as Ret Pally.
>Fun as fucking shit.

How is Beast Master Hunter now?

All ears if you'll share

Ret is fun but you want to play hunter again?

>TFW True Black Humans aren't in WoW
>TFW We could get an expansion to find a lost continent and we befriend Black Humans
>Blacks become the Sub-race for Humans
>People rejoin WoW to run level 1 Black people with afros selling Watermelon
>Stormwind becomes a Ghetto, Alliance Trade chat is nothing but people buying Watermelon
>Blacks removed from the game
>Goodbye to my Afromancer "Dindiefonuffin' and his bank of watermelon

Done everything log off.

Take my money

Done everything log off.

Terrible. 3 button rotation with 2 long dps cool downs. I guess it has good cleave but holy shit it's so boring. And they removed spirit bond and turned it into an artifact ability that heals off of kill command. And aspect of cheetah is a 12 second speed buff on a fucking 3 minute cool down. I mained hunter since forever and it was enough for me to drop it.

It's slutty. But it's at least nicer to look at than most

Been thinking of making a hunter alt, is MM more fun?

Get a couple of 6 rolls on a farm boss maybe. Realistically factoring in an extended fight, rng and mechanics it's arms or feral that are top.

TL;DR Blizz had the work outsourced to their chinese division, but then some other company bought that studio out, and instead of continuing work on models that were 99% done, they said "Fuck you Blizzard, we're making OUR OWN from scratch."

And that's how we got shit-tier Worgen.

Though Blizz has recently reclaimed their ownership stake in said studio, and are doing a complete rework on the models and racials. It's a focus, but not a significant primary focus.

Good idea senpai, I'm Brewmaster too.
>mfw go into a group
>omg an actual brewmaster I never see them
God were really that bad.

My only gripe with mage at this point is that iirc it's now the only class without a self heal. You get a shitty shield that pops in 3 hits but even fucking rogue has a 'this is pretty much just a potion' self heal ability. Although I guess the trade off is that aside from elites I can burst down most world mobs to a sliver of their health in my opener.

>Do a couple of mythics during the day, get all Americans
>Really chill people who stay positive and forgive each other

>Take missus for her first mythic this evening, grouped with fellow Australians
>Mage spends entire dungeon talking shit about missus, asking if she boosted her character/she needs to go.
>After beating 2nd boss get frustrated and start linking meters, point out he is constantly bottom DPS while missus is top, he has most deaths despite ice block and cauterize, I'm spending most of my mana healing him.
>b-b-b-but I'm in blue's I've only been 110 for a few days I have way more skill than you despite failing at every measure of skill as dps
>Ask if he got his dps from the toilet store

There is no greater hell than playing with Australians, no matter the game we are worse than Russians.

It's supposed to be the raiding spec. Less aoe/cleave than 13 point artifact bm from what I hear. I found the rotation a bit clunky and dislike that lone wolf is still a thing but overall it's not as bad as bm in terms of fun. I didn't play it much so can't give a real solid response.

>What went right?
But there are lots of bugs.

>Are they catering to oldfags?
Fuck no.

Wasn't welfare gear for shitters in TBC? I distinctly remember Badges and Badge vendors.

The Blink cauterise Fire gets is pretty useful if you know how to use it without blinking into other mobs like a fucking moron

If you can pull an elite and put yourself in a position where blinking just keeps you in the same area you can just hit blink on CD if you take the shimmer talent that gives you 2 blinks and makes blink off GCD and usable while casting

With a couple talent choices MM's single target damage translate into really good aoe.

I know that feel...

I don't think Warriors have a self-heal either. Victory Rush does not count, as this requires something to die and it doesn't always activate for some reason.

Arms has retarded healing with second wind.

Why did Blizz have to fuck up Demo? I was all for the new changes but man did Blizz fuck up the execution, everything about the spec is bad, boring and requires great execution just to be half-decent.

Pots are always expensive at the start of expansion.

Prot has impending, fury has an alright heal if you talent into the charge heal buff and heroic charge when you can, and if you can down mobs as arms you're invincible. I've gone from ~15% to full from mob packs as arms. That being said not having impending really fucking sucks when you're fighting rares or elites and don't have easy mobs to grab a victory rush off of.
I switched out shimmer for healing ice block for world content but the amount of shit I've eaten trying to blink out of an aoe mid cast makes me want to go back.

Prot has Impending Victory

Fury has Bloodthirst. Technically a self-heal.

>Why did Blizz have to fuck up Demo?
They fucked up the entire class. Blizzard has said that they have not seen so much backlash for a class in the history of the game as they have with Warlocks in Legion. Warlocks are in a state of total, absolute ruin at the moment.

Have you seen the horror stories about Infernal and Voidwalker AI and all the pet bugs?

Why, it's almost like Legion was not tested at all. If only there was a planned phase of testing that they could have done...

>Vanilla
>Anonymous random member of your faction that explores the world
>BC
>Troop of your faction
>WotlK
>Elite troop
>Cataclysm
>Hero
>MoP
>Hero and part of the lore itself
>WoD
>Commander. The game revolves around you.
>Legion
>The chosen one. You are over lore characters.

What will come next, Cred Forums?

>Like as an example in previous expansions potions were pretty cheap. Especially in WoD they were absolutely trivial.

I don't know about you but i made an absolute fucking killing selling pots and flasks, even with the herb market being saturated as fuck with garrison herbs across shitloads of alts.

If I had to choose, neither.

Both are real shit.

You sound like a massive faggot.

So bad I considered the hidden effect of the Staff of Sargy to be 'Everyone fucking hates you, Pull more aggro'

Player will become one of the new Aspects, replacing the Dragons. Next expansion will be about Dragons passing the torch and you get to choose one of several aspects to become.

lol wtf are you talking about

The worst part about demo is that to put out not absolute shit dps is you have to work your ass off when a rogue or war can smash their face on the keyboard and still beat you. Also the rotation is boring as shit. I kind of liked destro a bit but on longer non bursty fights your soul shard income was so slow that I was mostly using chaos for the damage buff and not fuckhuge crits.

I agree with all of this. I think people should realize that WoTLK can be both a great expansion but also the turning point and the start of a bad trend.

They are but It's on another level in Legion because of the investment required to unlock the recipes for pots and flasks

In past expansions you just learn the recipe from the trainer or get the recipe in some other equally easy fashion

But when unlocking the recipe for Flasks requires you to do a fair bit of questing the amount of Alchemists available in the market is much lower, raising the price significantly

God. You will get to decide the fate of Azeroth. Of course there is no real decision because there can't be different outcomes for different players but it's played out like you had one.

You get elevated to demigod status and can breed with another demigod or god of your choice

Warlocks have been ruined. It's pretty simple really. Warlock forums are a sea of tears and incompetent Infernals.

Dragonshrines are the new garrison / order hall. You can pick any color you want for each new character and they have unique bonuses. You are canonically the aspect and other players are just members of your flight.

I can see that actually happening, that's the sad part.

>What will come next, Cred Forums?

I hope Milhouse Manastorm just tries to save the day but accidentally blows the planet up. Then we float in space on the Exodar getting old with Anduin. The next expansion, all of our characters have long grey beards.

I fucking hate how foggy/hazy so many areas are in WoW now. For something like Tirisfal it's still okay because it fits but it's annoying to have view distance at max and not see shit anyway because they won't let you.

Because the last content patch before Legion was added +13 months ago. For the first time in over a year blizzcucks have something new to do in a game they pay 15$ per months.

I just wanted Demo to be fun since I love pet in games. AI is fucking shit on pets and Demonic Empowerment is one of the worst skills in the game. All they needed to do was make it retroactive for new pets.

Stop being dramatic. Wrath was disappointing, but wasn't a reason to jump ship. Cataclysm on the other hand...

cuck cuckc cukck cuuuuck!

and all of this happens in the first 4 hours of gameplay
you have to try harder

maybe a little, in any case it looks quite nice

Reminds me of Kasumi from Dead or Alive.

Sorry for the late response, but basically:
>glyph weaponmaster to fury
>have 2hs you want in your inventory
>pop battlecry
>swap specs
You're now dual wielding 2hs in prot and arms. The appearances carry over regardless of what weapon you're actually using AND it copies artifact appearances. People in my last heroic were freaking out when I started tanking with 2 Stromkars.

This always happens with WoW expansions except for maybe Mists of Pandaria.

>Yogg and Arthas' Father say the same exact thing word for word about "No King rules forever".
>Yogg's servants didn't attack the Scourge and coexisted with them, even though the forces of the Legion and Old Gods are enemies.
>Icecrown Citadel is made completely of Saronite, which is the blood of Yogg-Saron, which is also known to corrupt.
>Bolvar is now known to be evil, becoming corrupt.
>There never needed to be a Lich King.
>Yogg-Saron just wanted to control the power of the Lich King with a puppet.
>The ghost of Arthas' Father was actually Yogg-Saron.

ITS HAPPENING.

>muh gear
>special snowflake syndrome
>all that other stuff that literally doesn't matter

Also, I'm convinced that people who take the time to type shit like this still haven't cleared the most recent bosses on the hardest difficulty.

>I'm talking about TotC and ICC where you flip a switch in your character menu for higher numbers

A.K.A things that never happened.

>tfw Withered Army Training reset day

Are there a set amount of big chests you can get? I've done it like 4 times now and usually get 4 big ones, but this time i could only find little ones. There used to be spectral ones and i cant see those anymore.

Give it one month more, until raids are out, and all the "new" content from 7.0 gets outdated, the grinds ramps up, and a new flying drama starts.

It's just far too early still, and those who re-subbed for the month, due to the over-hype or the illidan/artifact meme, will be running out of game-time within the next few weeks.

This game can be quite enjoyable if you are just leveling, and don't necessarily care about what you are doing or what your goals are in a game, the bullshit starts to smell once you hit level cap and have to grind your way through an RNG plastered time-sink designed to keep you as far away from your objectives as possible, just so they can keep the expansion "alive" for a little longer.

Once raid tiers hit, they have to make world """""""""content""""""""" irrelevant again, since nothing would kill their biggest selling point in the game, as it is on its current state, faster than allowing competitive gear to be acquired outside of organized raiding. (see wod)

The fact that one dungeon and one raid will make (virtually) everything, that everyone has been grinding for the past few weeks, completely irrelevant, only serves to show you how out of touch those devs are with what an RPG is supposed to mean.

The average drone isn't smart enough to see this bullshit coming from miles away. They have to experience it first hand, and be frustrated, in order to realize how the same trash is being pushed, once again, but with different names, color schemes, remodeled existing catch phrases, and a prettier logo.

tl;dr: Nothing went "right", new "devs" are the problem, and customers are too stupid.

How much DPS should I be doing to apply for mythic dungeons?

ToC and ICC had hardmodes that you activated in your character menu. Ulduar didn't. AKA things that definitely did happen. Whether you like it or not is your opinion, but it did happen.

Damn i loved SSC

there's an unfortunate parallel between fun guilds and guilds that don't progress at all
the hardest part of finding a good guild is the 2% of them that are actually cool people who also happen to be quite skilled at the game, or at least enough to reasonably progress through the encounters

It's great when a DH dies to an elevator. They can fix it and save their own asses if they paid attention.

it's not that we're bad, it's that shitters can't figure out how to play them and would rather just spam ignore pain or play le memon hunter

Any experience with prot? I remember it feeling clunky as hell in WoD, used to be a lot faster

youtube.com/watch?v=nFwtbNPb6x8

you serious? eye of azshara is just the map for the actual dungeon, and even then there's still a fucking world quest you can unlock for it
and there are tons of mobs on the broken shore as well as a flight path. blizzard already said we're going back there to close the tomb so idk wtf you're even trying to say.

How can you RP a Gnome Warrior without defaulting to le engineer meme

Pretty good summary, I had never thought about that. Might be part of the reason the game feels so weird in the lore departement

you fuse your essence with that of a titan and gain the ability to create life at will

Heroics were a thing in Bc try harder.

at least 200k single target
if you're a warlock just give up

Preach it. I swear to god some devs have zero spine. If you're literally implementing random users' reddit posts word-for-word as balance changes you're doing it wrong.

>160k DPS

oh. Okay. I guess i'll give up.

Here's what I don't get about legacy servers though. At some point, it seems like you're going to run out of things to do. Surely at some point the game will become super repetitive and boring without new content.

MAYBE the super hardcore players will keep going, but it feels like eventually you'll have to bring out BC, then WotLK, then what?

Are there REALLY millions of people who'd be content sitting on vanilla for years and years?

you can only pick up the chests that require withered once per character, and each chest always contains the same loot

after you've got a few of the chests, withered training is just a rush to get 400 points then click mayhem and run away

Big chests only occur once and when you take them they're gone.
I now have all the chests so now it's just a sleepfest where I get max points and get denied a legendary from the rng.

>>everyone is allowed to see all content mentality

Why is this bad is the game has harder modes?

Dota's balancing has always been community-driven since Dota Allstars, stop being such a fag.

They already said we'll have 3 raid tiers which will consist of 2 + 2 + 1 big SoO style raid and 5 normal new dungeons + 3 "Mega" dungeons.

If it's true that it's more than enough.

It's fine to take suggestions if you run them through your system and tweak them to make them work. It's fine to receive feedback. Valve just takes anything on reddit longer than 500 words and implements it as a balance patch. It's like those mosaic threads when OP doesn't set a quality standard on the panels.

Why did Legion launch started a wave of high profile devs retirement, reently Metzen and that chief quest quy

>What will come next, Cred Forums?
Faction/race leader, capitals will become Garrisons 3.0

When do dungeons get to the point where you have to worry about how many mobs you pull and use crowd control and shit? I've been levelling to 100 for the first time since WotLK and every dungeon has been a face roll. I remember fond days of wiping on the first few troggs in RFC for fuck sake, this isn't fun.

Isn't an rpg supposed to be all about the journey and not the objective?

This extensive focus on tangible objectives that every mouth-breather can achieve, is what made this game the joke it is right now. End game "content" was supposed to be an epic experience reserve to those who went trough the lengthily process of building up a character, in order to face this threat that was hidden in this place full of mysteries and treasures, not a check-box for stats that you automatically replace once 50% of the idiots in your group can manage to move out of the brighter light-spots on the floor.

This game has become increasingly idiotic overtime.

Because Blizz finished transformation into nu-Blizz.

>blizzshills will defend this

All the different kinds of magic can mutate living beings, we knew this for fucking ever.

>When do dungeons get to the point where you have to worry about how many mobs you pull and use crowd control and shit?

It should start once we're back in the year of 2009. It will come with the removal of automated queue and the extinction of welfare gear.

New content soon will change that. Really the whole 5 item level difference only matters for a little bit. If you really hate minor upgrades you would of hated vanilla so I'm assuming you're a newfag.

I unironically don't see anything wrong with this. The guy even says he doesn't expect the best gear/content for playing alone.

Daily reminder that there was leaks and Baine becomes Warchief

>I unironically don't see anything wrong with this.
>singleplayer rpg with multiplayer high end
>15$ per month
>nothing wrong

source

I don't get what the deal is? The guy even says he doesn't care about having the newest gear and cosmetic stuff.

I literally don't see a problem with someone playing a game how they want, especially a game like WoW that has a ton of shit to do

>>Yogg's servants didn't attack the Scourge and coexisted with them, even though the forces of the Legion and Old Gods are enemies.
The Legion and Scourge are enemies as well, see WC3

Yes, the guy is playing $15 to play in a way that isn't getting the full experience. But he's fine with it. Are you paying his sub or something? Is he your wifes son?

Someone posted it on the WoW gamepedia and it got deleted

>I literally don't see a problem with someone playing a game how they want, especially a game like WoW that has a ton of shit to do
The problem here that such faggots kills MMO part of the game, actually it's already killed.

>Everyone should play games the way I want them to!

Why in the heck does it matter? I mean if the guy had fun and gets his money's worth playing WoW why does it matter what he does while playing?

>stop liking what i dont like

>Is he your wifes son?
Nope, he is the cancer of WoW, and I enjoyed WoW once.

But there are still like, hundreds or even thousands of guilds that raid or do pvp

I mean some people are gonna want to play solo in a game about grouping up, welcome to every single mmorpg ever? Even back in Everquest that was basically the point of the Necromancer class

>>Everyone should play games the way I want them to!
Irony, but this more close to solokid position.
>Why in the heck does it matter?
Because for such audience Blizzard casualised leveling and make such shit as LFg and LFR.

>But there are still like, hundreds or even thousands of guilds that raid or do pvp
So how it's MMO? It's multiplayer high-end like Diablo.

>I mean some people are gonna want to play solo in a game
Then they should go single player RPG instead of killing MMORPG.

just roleplay a gnome who isnt a huge fucking pussy take BS

But how are they killing the game just because they're playing solo

>The guy even says he doesn't expect
So, that makes it ok for this new brand of "devs" to shit all over every single aspect of the original game that gave their brand its name, its recognition, and its market value, right? As long as one random blizz-drone is fine with the game at its current state, it's worth it, right?

Are you sure those people ruined WoW? It wasn't just that the game is over 10 years old in a rapidly shifting game industry where subscription based models have started dying right? Because I think it's just the fact that WoW has to remain relevant, and they're not going to keep the subscription numbers up by catering exclusively to the hardcore raider fanbase.

Sometimes I wonder what would make people like you happy, probably if it took absolutely forever to level and if you needed a group to do even the most basic quests. Guess what, theres a reason they did away with most of that shit post-BC

Weren't there supposed to be some balance tweaks before raids came out? What happened?

>But how are they killing the game
Because they demanding from devs solo-content instead of MMO-content. that's why now all content from 1 to 110 lvl now totally solo-game.
>Are you sure those people ruined WoW?
Yep.

Tank damage got lowered. Please look forward to it.

I just don't understand how people who want to play WoW solo are ruining the game?

I mean there's still plenty of multiplayer content, could you please explain how single player people are ruining this game?

Are you sure that the fact the game is over 10 years old is the real thing killing the game? Oh no it's probably that a couple people want to play the game by themselves

>blizzard listening to feedback
Haha, good one.

Pretty sure blizzard ruined WoW, not those people

For me it is the first expansion, lore wise, that matters since WoTLK. It has its issue, but it is a step in the right direction.

Personal Loot is the worst shit I have ever seen though.

>I mean there's still plenty of multiplayer content
But not MMO, and only high-end content.
>Oh no it's probably that a couple people want to play the game by themselves
>casuals are just couple of people
Nice try shill.

welcome to the nu-world user

honest question, sorry if you guys get this a lot, but is WoW worth getting know nowadays? I actually have free time and some money now, so I've been wondering.

Blizzard ruined the WoW by pleasuring such people.

Sure. If nothing else you can just buy the base game for $20 and see how you like it while leveling. Don't get legion unless you really enjoy the game though. Unnecessary waste of money to start with.

>but is WoW worth getting know nowadays?
Nope, better buy some multiplayer game.

What exactly is the difference between multiplayer and mmo in your opinion? Just seems like a completely arbitrary distinction so you can say the game "isn't mmo"

N'Zoth raid FUCKING WHEN??????

>What exactly is the difference between multiplayer and mmo in your opinion?
MMO is about cooperation between players during the whole gameplay process, multiplayer game is about fights in isolated areas.

Excuse me? You know the only people that hate personal loot are people that would just roll need on literally everything. Personally I like it now that the healer won't randomly roll on my agility gear because "he actually mains feral"

There's much better MMO's out there, with WoW you're basically paying full price for an expansion + sub while the game is P2W and has a cash shop.
WoW also gets rarely patched and even f2p games with a playerbase of 1000 players gets more updates.

Undead are immune to the corruption of the Old Gods.

Next expac

Play as an enchanter. I used to get all the loot no one needed as mats to help the guild. Now, unless its a 5 stack and we turn off this shit, on bosses where no one gets anything we just go OH OH WELL LOL and move on. I would have about 5x more chaos shards then I have now if this loot system wasn't trash.

But raids and pvp and the whole fucking economy of the game makes WoW an mmo.

Or does that not count because some of that stuff takes place in instanced areas? Which seems like a totally arbitrary distinction once again. How about the world quests and world pvp, how is that not-mmo?

>tirion card dies, you get ashbringer
>this happens in wow
>Cairne card dies, you get baine
>this happens in wow
>sylvanas card dies, you get a random enemy as yours
>???
Sylvanas confirmed for dead and boss in nzoth raid

>But raids and pvp and the whole fucking economy of the game makes WoW an mmo.
Not mmo, it makes wow multiplayer game, but not mmo. Group quests and world PvP maked WoW mmo.
Also, following to your logic Diablo and Overwatch are MMO too.

But that's stupid, you can also have bosses where they literally drop something for everyone in the group

In fact our guild was running an all-leather group for mythics last week and they were DEing all the extra crap for the guild. I mean sure rng sucks, you could end up getting fucked. But c'mon sounds like you're just looking for shit to bitch about

I'm tired of these shill general threads where obvious WoW players pretend that Legion is the best expansion ever and it totally justifies all the shit Blizzard done the game over the years.

I agree with him, I shouldn't have to run a group in just one armor class to get enchanting materials, it's ridiculous.

How is Overwatch an mmo by my logic?

You still haven't addressed the fact that there's the economy which comes from the mmo elements since the AH wouldn't even EXIST without other players. In that regard yes Diablo 3 does have some mmo elements, but Diablo 2 is a multiplayer game.

Diablo lets you group up with other people but in WoW even if you don't group up with others they'll still appear in your world because the game is an mmo.

Also you just blatantly admit that group quests and world pvp make WoW an mmo. Since world quests pretty much cover both of those I guess WoW's a more pig. And since raids sometimes have quests attached to them I guess that makes those mmo content as well.

Really could you list what isn't mmo about WoW at might make things easier for you

What MMOs? WoW polished the fuck out of the theme park MMO. Everything else is lacking in comparison.

The only other relevant mmo is... what, Final Fantasy? And even then, it's pretty much WoW but with a different anime skin. That's not necessarily a bad thing but it's not a completely different beast.

I guess if you don't like cartoony aesthetics you can get into anime aesthetics?

>Because they demanding from devs solo-content instead of MMO-content
literally where? I don't see anyone demanding that
>that's why now all content from 1 to 110 lvl now totally solo-game
you have always been able to reach max level by playing solo

grom hellscream died too, at this point that doesn't mean anything

>have the artifact fishing pole

>Can outswim a druid

>doing drivebys as a shark

Feels good

Yea the shilling is real for this game. Like fuck this game is WoD 2.0 yet shills here pretend it's the best shit ever.

FF doesn't have a anime aesthetic at all.

If you took the time to play both games you will notice that FFXIV handles combat differently from WoW. Sure they share the same hotbar formula but the way the global cooldown, off the global cooldown abilities, cross class skills, and sheer amount of mechanics between classes involved are completely different.

>I don't like this game so I'll blame shills

Never change Cred Forums. Also my .05 cents are fucking delicious.

I hope Normal Mode Xavius isnt too hard

I need to finish shitty Suramar quests ASAP

I did play FF. It wasn't for me. It did nothing that WoW couldn't satisfy for me if I wanted to play an MMO.

I just want my sweet 3rd artifact skin. The HPaladin one looks pretty neat.

Diablo 3 team made this expansion

It's understandable. Most WoW players who go into FFXIV get turned off instantly by the 2.5s GCD and how long it takes to get anywhere because the game doesn't encourage the rush to level cap in 2 days like WoW does.

no it wasn't, it was easily the height of the franchise for all non PVP activities.

TBC had really difficult but ultimately garbage pve. The classes were either 3 button wonders or overly messy garbage doing shit like totem twisting.

So what Nightmare boss will be the Pub-breaker? I think Cenarius will be a huge dick.

I didn't mind either of those things. It just felt like combat wasn't even that spectacularly different. The setting seemed like generic Final Fantasy anime stuff and it didn't pull me in at all. I liked the character creator and the wide variety of classes/jobs but overall it just wasn't getting me interested to go past my free trial.

I even played it when I was bored out of my mind of WoW (this was a while back before Legion) and wanted something "different".

why do people pretend to like vanilla leveling? (1-60 in vanilla, tbc and wotlk)

leveling a priest was fucking miserable, until like lvl ~30 i had to wand down mobs and drink after every fight. and repeat that for fucking hours per level. literally almost crying irl.

>>cash shop
This was shit
>>liberal use of daily quests
At least they properly rewarded you back then
>>vehicles
eh mixed bag, some times they're a fun gimmick other times they just make me mad as hell
>>multiple sets of numbers for the same thing AKA difficulties
This started off fine but utlimately lead to the disgusting amounts of item level inflation we currently see.
>>menu-based interaction
Uh not really unless you mean LFD?
>>dungeon finder
Yeah, I still maintain that the original LFD was a good addition but at the moment it feels like it has over taken the game design rather than just supplementing it.
>>welfare gear for shitters
The original welfare epics were established in TBC.
>>everyone is allowed to see all content mentality
This wasn't really huge in wrath, it got huge at the end of cata. Wrath's mentality was more "everyone should be able to see depreciated content". Normal mode 10 mans were obviously much easier than 25s but the reward was also lesser.

Honestly you sound like a really bitter man who has invested far too much into world of warcraft and lost sight of what a video game is.

Isn't Ursoc a DPS check? If not him, I expect the Emerald Dragons due to all the aura shit and tank swaps. It's gonna be Lei-Shen 2.0.

I leveled a Paladin in Vanilla. It was a running joke to be alt tabbed and doing other things while you killed mobs. Seal of Command was your best friend but it was basically "sometimes you get an extra attack for 30 seconds".

Vanilla had a great sense of community but I'll keep those memories cherished. I don't want to ruin them by going back to the shitfest gameplay of those days.

LFG dungeons was a bit damaging but it was fine overall, didn't fracture the idea of a community. LFR however is a different story, there is a reason a lot of raiders quit after firelands and it wasn't just because Dragon Soul was shit. .

When you compare FFXIV combat at level cap to WoW combat at level cap, they are like two completely different games. The amount of oGCDs involved and passives you get which does shit like reset cooldowns upon parry or damage makes the standard GCD feel nonexistent. But if you never even got past the free trial in FFXIV then it's no wonder why you assume that it's slow and no different from WoW.

The story really picks up once you hit the expansion, it feels like a Final Fantasy 4 and 6 like game. ARR story just drags on too much.

What does it encourage then?
Not him, but the only notable or ineresting story in the game is the main story and thats not good either. The side quests story is as good as super mario 1's story( at least in the 30 levels i forced myself trough).

also FFXIV requires a subscription to play whereas WoW is completely free to play once you buy the expansion

Vanilla leveling was super exciting the first time you've ever played an MMO but it wasn't a sustainable one.

It's the reason why a lot of old fag players are permanently attached to their first level 60, because they remember how long it took to level that one.

Butcher was a DPS check too, but this is normal mode, I am sure Ursoc wont be that much of a brick wall. Heroci I can assume so

Turns out the light tried their own form of corruption, I mean purification.

>Shilling 290k sub game

every time, wew

That might be true, but the game never managed to pull me in past those early levels. I don't want to slog through a bunch of stuff just to get to the "fun" part. Yes, that's ironic coming from a person who plays WoW, but I'll blame that on the developers not making their game interesting enough early on.

FFXIV is the prime definition of "it gets better 50 hours later". It starts off slow and boring as shit but by the time you're level 60 you're already doing finger piano on your keyboard and dealing with popes and city destroying dragons.

because it's the best shit they've released in a long time

I played the shit out of both of them, and trust me, WoW combat is much, much better and less clunky, even with 5 buttons to press.
The only thing I miss from FF is the perfect graphics, flashy effects, best class (Dragoon), and the much visually better boss fights. I will never orgasm anymore after Bahamut's Teraflare or King Thordan's Ultimate End.

is this a world boss in legion or the part of the pre-patch invasions? i can't see any levels anywhere in the pic

All that image tells me is that FF requires you to use more buttons than even Vanilla WoW did.

I'm not Korean so I don't want to break my fingers.

world boss that just spawned for the first time 3 minutes ago

pretty sure wotlk hunter had 2 or 3 times the skills that you see on the left in that pic

I finally did it, I got the Legion Legendaries.

It's new.

>tfw you pay artists to draw porn of your characters more than you play the game

>anonymous random member of your faction
>literally kill a God

??????

This is wrong. You were already a big hero in Vanilla, and it just power crept from there. By the time Wrath starts, NPCs start addressing you as pretty hot shit.

Also you've always been part of the fucking lore.

>vanilla
>killing gods

>c'thun
>hakkar

I mean I know half of you idiots never even played vanilla but come on.

Oh fuck I totally forgot about Hakkar. Fun fight.

>the thing you fight in AQ40 is cthun itself
Catababies or worse.

>hakkar
>god
kek I guess.

Hakkar
C'thun
Ragnaros is also kinda a demigod

>Ragnaros is also kinda a demigod
He isn't and you fight a wakened avatar.

Is like you guys never played vanilla. Oh, wait...

Is vanilla WoW still worth playing?

If you don't have any friends playing, or if you aren't sociable enough to make new friends, or don't want to RP, I would say no.

>Literally called the Bloodgod of the Gurubashi

How is that an "I guess"?

After getting used to FFXIV combat, I can't go back to WoW. Animations don't have weight or feel satisfying even with the Legion update, classes are dumbed down to the point where I can automate my spec with autohotkey and still do well, and I start missing the quality of life changes like being able to play with a controller or can play every class on one character.

>paying attention to lore
stopped doing it before launch

Stop being pedantic you little shit. C'thun is an Old God, Hakkar is a God, fuck you.

why don't you try playing on some private server? it's free. just make sure it's blizzlike - same exp and loot gain as the original

you will give up before level 10 because it's really slow, repetitive and boring.

who else here got gear from the new world boss?

Ehhhh. Private servers just don't capture what the game used to be. Honestly the biggest plus the game had was the community - gameplay was even more boring than it is now and the grind was much worse.

Boy blizzard really is shilling this hard this time. Cant wait for a few more weeks to go by so you retards fuck off again till the next expansion.

I've been here since the beginning. Eat shit user.

>He isn't
He actually is
>you fight a wakened avatar
Nope, you fought the real Ragnaros but he wasn't as strong as he actually is because he wasn't in the elemental plane.

>Is like you guys never played vanilla
Buzzword, non-argument used when you have nothing else to say

You fight a small part of C'thun, but you're still fighting c'thun.
By that logic you didn't fight Kil'jaeden in Sunwell either because you didn't fight his legs.

Also, Hakkar IS a god, there's no argument to be had here.

Is tittle gave to him by retarded trolls. That doesn't make him a god, you tardo.

>get told
>just a prank bro, lol
Ok.

>C'thun is an Old God
Yeah, and you don't fight him. Hell, you can't fight him.

>Hakkar is a God
See above.

>get told
>"fuck you"
Ok.

>be wrong and get told
>"eat shit"
Ok.

Killing an old god means destroying the planet. A better fate than current WoW, tho.

>Also, Hakkar IS a god, there's no argument to be had here.

>Hakkar the Soulflayer, Blood God of the Gurubashi trolls, is a malevolent and destructive creature that controls the Gurubashi Empire's fallen capital of Zul'Gurub.

>He is part of the troll pantheon,[2] who are more powerful than elementals but not as powerful as gods.[3]
gg ez

That's like saying Odyn isn't a god because a bunch of retard Vrykul called him one. He's still a divine being to them and has the power to back it up.

>oh shit this guy actually has been playing since Vanilla, what do I do now?
>lol better keep shitposting

>literally where?
Since Cata,
>you have always been able to reach max level by playing solo
Yeah, but group quests always provided better reward, so as dungeons.

>Killing an old god means destroying the planet

Who said we killed c'thun?
We essentially banished him back to his prison, not killed him.

The "gods" part of your quote is a reference to the Titans.
Hakkar and other Loa are by definition gods in the Warcrat univers, so yes you killed a god in Vanilla.

>A better fate than current WoW, tho
*tips fedora*

>that's like saying Odyn isn't a god because he isn't
Are you Ok? Do you have brain problems?

Actually, it makes even worse, since you played vanilla without understanding a shit and now discuss the lore while being wrong.

>Who said we killed c'thun?
Retards in this thread.

>Hakkar and other Loa are by definition gods in the Warcrat univers, so yes you killed a god in Vanilla.
No, they aren't according to Blizzard. Are you retarded?

>*old memes*
*vapes*

what the fuck you guys? i didnt have any buffs, it just happened randomly as i was battling an elite

Bolvar isn't undead, he's kept eternally alive due to the red dragonflights flames.

>people are still ass-blasted about dungeon finder

Don't use it then senpai desu

How does poseidus mount drop work? Does everyone attacking it get the loot or is it dps based or is it first hit based?

>using the word "troll" under any circumstance
>using "get told" as a way to validate an argument he can't back up
Why are you talking like a 17 year old who's constantly pretending he's right even when he's wrong?

Oh... I think I get it.

Learn how to talk like a civilized human being if you want to be taken seriously at all in your life. Being sarcastic about something only works if you have any credible reputation behind you, otherwise it makes you sound like a pretentious college-student-know-it-all shitposter.

>Retards in this thread.
Where? We fought and defeated C'thun but we didn't kill him

>No, they aren't according to Blizzard
Nope, you're simply incorrect. Hakkar is a blood god, a Loa. It even says so in the quote you posted yourself.
Hakkar is pretty much on the same level as the demigods, such as Ursoc, Ursol, Cenarius etc

Well, WoD and Legion are some sort of "we want TBC audience" expansions, so yeah, next one (or couple) will be the "we want the WotLK audience" ones.

you didn't do to school did y ou

>Beat Azshara... She was only the 5th boss of the raid
>N'zoth emerges and you must raid ON N'zoth as you climb it's limbs
>5 more bosses and 3 of the bosses are parts of him with different effects

>Where?
Literally the post that started this chain. >you're simply incorrect
>Hakkar is pretty much on the same level as the demigods
So, he isn't a god? Are you trying to prove yourself wrong or something?

>Doesn't have Anime Aesthetics
>Everyone is human
>Everyone has large eyes and perfect faces
>Catgirl race
>Generic Fantasy class idea

It is as Original as the 'Soup of the Day' Chinese MMO's that always pop up

These three. The minute Dave Kosak got his grubby 9gag memer hands on WoW we got cataclysm and the fanfiction there after.

Warcraft stopped being the warcraft oldfags loved and knew many expansions ago.

Hahaha holy fuck you are literally retarded. The demigods are gods in the Warcraft universe, the Loa are also gods.

Why is this so hard to understand? There's lots of different gods in the Warcraft universe, like the Loa and demigods, like Elune and the earthmother, but also the Titans.

Yeah dude! Just remember the awesome days of TBC lore! That was pure high quality lore, amirite

Nostalgia for old fags (that's what got me back) and the fact they learned from warlords of draenor which makes this expansion probably the best one since Wrath of the Lich King.

Nice try Kosak but anythings better than the shit they shovel now.

The problem with the zones is that there are still too many mountains to separate them. You never feel like you are in a real continent.

So it does encourage rushing?

>powerful entities are gods because I say so
Great argument, m8.

Old gods are gods (not anymore due the new "voidlords" asspull tho), and Titans could be considered goods too. That's all.

Maybe Elune, but this isn't clear. Unless they retconed her recently.

why did they kill cenarius when the cunt died in warcraft 3 already

Racial leader's right hand. Gives players incentive to actually be in the less visited cities.

Both Cataclysm, MoP and Legion lore is/was better than TBC garbage lore.

I'll give you WoD because WoD was fucking retarded lorewise

lorelol.ytmnd.com/

>the cunt died in warcraft 3 already
Like Illidan or Magtheridon. Blizzard keeps recycling dead characters in every expansion.

He didn't die

He was sent back to the Emerald Dream, you even see his spirit coming out of his body and going up

Also

>people complaining about low dps in lfg in heroic dungeon

Well gee whiz faggot, I sure as hell won't have better dps if I don't do dungeons for better loot, besides, if you care so much about other's dps then why the fuck don't you go to mythics?

Last time Blizzard created new lore, people bitched so good luck seeing another MoP.

You are simply wrong, there's no argument to be had. Hakkar is a blood god, a Loa.
You can deny that as much as you want but Blizzard disagrees with you =)

>Blizzard disagrees with you =)
Jokes on you, my dad works for Kotic and he told me I'm right.

WAIT WHAT

Are there ways of telling when world bosses are up and where/when they'll spawn?

I don't remember it ever being that bad... Cross realm servers overpopulate areas, as though the entire server is full at all times. You can hardly compare the two.

>be me
>play beastmastery hunter
>find group
>user TURN OFF YOUR PET
>but i am a beastmaster
>get kicked
>great game

Your fault for playing BeastShitter, user.

I'm with the upvoted guy. This expansion is perfect for solo play, sure I won't get the best stuff but already my ilevel is as high as mythic runners.

They probably meant to turn off grown, user.

>play a game for manchildren
>players behave like manchildren
welp

Nope

I quit soon as I heard Metzen left, no passion there at blizzard anymore its over.

>be me
>doing a dungeon while leveling
>tell the tank he is doing a bad job
>tell him how he could improve
>"fuck you. I do it how i want to"
>get kicked

How this probably went
>You're a fucking shit tank, learn to fucking pull aggro

you kill him, but after you kill Xavius the Dream does a reset on itself and the corruption goes away, with Cenarius and Ursoc and the rest get restored and cleansed.

yeah you want to get to Heavensward as fast as possible

Pre-Heavensward sucks cock now (it had a good endgame though, too bad its irrelevant now)

>lmao tank sucks even my pet can steal aggro
>growl is permanently on

Ysera too? nobody gives a fuck about cancerius

We were literally starting the dungeon

I like it.
I tried Pandaria, Draenor, but those didn't work.

Legion is nice finally.
But there is so much to do.
> garrison quests
> faction quests
> area quests
> scout & assault quests
> broken isles quests

And then there are the achievements (for flying), the transmog shit, the gathering, the skills, the dungeons, etc etc.

So, fucking, much to do.
Which is a good thing, I guess, just takes a lot to learn.

Even learning the new area took me a while.
The class hall bugged out and I was not able to get back.
Then I also had to figure out how to go between the 3-4 major places now.

I am not retarded
I don't steal aggro

Yeah forgot.

+ PVP servers can be very shitty. There are so many horde gankers and assholes, you will get killed at every corner if you don't watch your back.
I like it though. I write down their names, hunt them, prey on them until they ragequit. It's fun.
+ There are no dungeon people. It takes me 50-100 minutes (!!!) to find people for a dungeon from level 100. It would be easy to level up in dungeons, but it's very hard to do like this.

I also had a hard time figuring out where the Pet Bar was. I mean it was right there in Draenor, the Growl was blinking.

Now it was just gone.
Weird design decision.

(I main a rogue, gf is hunter, and she didn't see the pet skills, because well, they got removed from the action bar.)

>The BG restriction thing is still bugged and forces you to uninclude AV every time

Yeah see? You don't remember reality. Turning in a quest at Nessingwary was a harrowing experience in vanilla.

I loved it, by the way, that pressure made the game so much fun. It mostly does again with the zones having so many people in them with XR. Though players aren't as willing to do any kind of world PvP since they approach levelling as a job now.

It's a shame, max level happens no matter what, people need to stop and smell the blood in the soil.

my pet bar is still there

Literally everything you listed is the same fucking thing you mong
>3-4 major areas
Lolwut

Except after the raid it just goes stale again.

I bet you dollars to donuts the mythic raid is easy, as easy as """""mythic"""" dungeons have been.

Why are there even mythic dungeons? Seriously. Heroic is bad enough, considering it only ever applied to THE LATEST dungeons it was barely justifiable. It was an excuse to recycle content. It's the laziest thing ever, in the lead up to BC there was talk of having heroic mode for ALL dungeons, so that once you're at the level cap you can do gnomeregan and experience the challenge it was before you outlevelled/outgeared it. Of course, this never came to pass, and instead "Heroic" became "Hey we don't actually feel like making end game content so, like, just do leveling content again?"

But I digress. What was the point of 'heroic'? 'Oh, so you can do the same dungeons but harder'. Oh sweet, so, what are mythics for then? 'Well, duh, so you can do the same dungeons but harder!'

Seriously, can't you morons see through this crap? Heroic dungeons are now about as challenging as doing a full clear of BRD with a full group of 60s was. It's so perplexing to me that people have such an aversion to challenging content. There are less wipes in """"""""""""""""mythics""""""""""""" than there ever were in Strat and Scholo. Hell, even Shadowlabs was more difficult than """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""mythic""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" dungeons are.

The truth is Blizzard is just making more money out of less players. It's so dumb, it's so annoying, one of my favourite games is going to shit because discerning people who enjoy gameplay features think a monthly payment is bad enough, and don't give a fuck about cosmetic bullshit. But if you can appeal to 6 million players who go into debt buying the latest mount on the wow store then you don't need 11 million players who only made a single payment a month to play your game.

What? Arthas is one of the shittiest villians ever. "Hurr durr I wanna do something good". He even got his own fucking Padme. He is Anakin Skywalker. The only good thing coming out of Arthas is Muradin, Uther and Sylvanas.

some of those worms have a debuff on them that increases your damage towards them and it stacks

MMOs are treadmills, what else is new?

But earlier in the chain i was told the game doesn't encoyrage rushing.

t. playing since Pandaria.

Have you ever done mythic raiding? Seriously

Also, mythic+ haven't even released yet and you're calling it easy. Good job retard

>3-4 major areas
Look mang, I am not 300 pounds, and I just played on private servers, and I said I spent a few hours in Draenor & Pandaria.

The major areas are the Broken Isles, Draenor, the Class Hall, the Garrison, the current Draenor quest area, the Garrison Scout area, the Assault area.

Now I get it.
If you spent 1000 hours in WoW, it's all easy.

But trust me, for a new guy, it takes fucking long to figure out shit.
And while in FFXIV I was able to Google much, here I can only rely on myself. Google returns articles from the Beta, and much changed since. So those are useless.

tl;dr: Blizzard should work on how they present content to the players, basically.

You do realize mythic isn't even the hardest diffuctly anymore right? There is mythic+.

You know the intent isn't that you go back to Draenor right now? That's probably where a lot of your issues are coming from since you're juggling two expansions at the same time for some reason.

I thought this was the wotlk style expansion

>old school main villain
>old god subplot
>Titans and Nordic stuff
>Comfy mountain zones

>replying to someone using """""""""excessive quotation marks""""""""

>one side has more than the other

I know you did this on purpose, but it is still bothering me.

How do I git good at arms pvp? I have 849 but when I join a bg, my stats seemed to get nerfed to hell (although I gain more hp), I can't seem to do "big damage" like so many claim, I also seem to take a lot more damage than I dish out, I also don't pull stupid heroic shit, mainly push with team for objectives. But if a single person focuses on me, I just melt.

how do i quit? i came back for legion and it's eating up all my time again ..

It's where the boost drops you off.
Dalaran is in Draenor.

And I just followed the quests, and half my quests are in Draenor (scouting, etc), half in Broken Isles.

But, I am chewing my way out of this mess.
Just said that Blizzard should kinda re-organize things.

The old articles I mentioned are also very, very annoying.
> Where is the Class Hall Rogue
>> Speak with X, Y, Z

Turns out, none of them are an entrance anymore. And the quest was bugged.

So yeah. It's a bit of a clusterfuck.
The champion / follower / helper / champion helper mob / AND SHIPS? Now that... Oh and the garrison.

Honestly, I would love to have just ONE garrison/fleet/etc.

I like how everyone brings up mch when every ranged dps considers it the easiest one to play.

Seriously this game isn't hard people are just utter fucking trash and Midas/Gordia proved it.

it is not where the boost drops you off, what are you talking about

So were you collecting the 5 pillars of creation like a good boy?

>Dalaran is in Draenor.
What? The 100 boost is straight to Legion. Do you mean a level 90 boost?

The garrison/shipyard is WoD content and isn't related to Legion, you don't need to do it at all, in fact you don't even get anything worth the time anymore.

No, she's gone. Her soul was claimed by Elune it looks like.

> Do you mean
I did the 100 level boost.
Fuck knows man, I am still confused.

But I refuse to spend more time with it, it's just such a time sink.
Thanks for the ship tip though, I found it very boring, but it was a quest and all.

If your character is level 100, drop anything and everything in Draenor. You don't need to do it.

Man, I really hope that the old God expansion goes full blown eldritch horror mode. I'd love to see an mmo with a real scary, creepy vibe to it.

We had an Old God expansion and they went LOLTENTACLES and totally lost the subtlety that makes the Old Gods good.

>mmo with a real scary, creepy vibe to it
>pixar style

Thanks my man.

My other problem:
- How comes there are no dungeon people at lvl100?
- How comes horde is ABSOLUTELY destroying Alliance, even with these merged realms?
- Why can't I find a simple casual guild that would help? (I tried the finder.)
- Why is global chat so quiet / why do people get ignored?

Btw I yelled in cities to get a few golds for a pair of new daggers. Then some cool swedish people asked me to dance for them, and they gave me gold, just for fun.

But yeah, other than those cool fellas, I was alone. It's weird. In Blade & Soul and other free-2-play titles, you always meet helpful guys. Here? None.

What is the most fun ranged DPS?

hello when is 7.1 coming out and will there be any sort of discount

no way am i paying £lol for an expansion pack

Depends. For PVP, I would say Hunter.
The insta cast is fun, you can be mobile and do dmg at the same time.

Is it possible to be a decent Shadow Priest and not use Surrender To Madness?

>Sign up for a mythic group.
>Notice none of them are speaking english.
>Their guild name is literally Cruzada Argentina.
>Takes us 3 fucking minutes to kill the first pack.
>Check meters.
>Prot Paladin is top with 65k.
>Then Hunter at 50k.
>Then Feral Druid at 33k.
>Followed by a DEMON HUNTER AT 26k.
>Give them the benefit of the doubt.
>Pull a few more packs.
>DPS doesn't change.
>They're turning super slow.
>The DH and Feral are having trouble auto attacking because they aren't facing the mob.
>Took us 20 minutes to get to the first boss in Eye of Azshara, which is right in front of us.
>Dalaran hearth and alt f4.

In my 10~ years of WoW, that was straight up the WORST group I have ever come into contact with.

Holy shit, I don't even want to play anymore after going through that.

I help hordies all the time while being Alliance, some even thank you. On a fucking PvP server too. Added some Cool Horde players after being ganked and had good chats. Brozoning with the other side is fun shit.

How do I speak Horde btw?
(Yeah I can google this.)

Not that it would help a lot.
> be at quest
> guy just uses 3 skills
> am ded

Even with a rogue, I can't escape.
I use the ability which makes me stealth in combat, but the damage-over-time attacks unstealth me, so I can't really go away.

And heck, a 110 demon hunter can kill me within 2 seconds. (I am 103 atm).

Hey, easy with the edge there.

>play spriest
>get a mythic 850 ring from a mythic
>vers/mast
IT'S FUCKING NOTHING

>play spriest
but why

Nope
With Surrender you can barely scrape to be above average, without it you're almost worse than Ele Shaman

>Play HPally
>Get mythic 850 ring
>It has Crit and Haste
>But also 10% increased melee damage
>I don't trade it

>not cata and panda too
I didn't even finish my free month of pandaland

The meeting stone wasn't actually a dungeon finder, it was a way to summon two lazy fags to the instance

You obviously never played during vanilla, it used to put you in a group finder

oops yeah I was wrong here

too bad you can't mog them