Playing this game on professional for the first time. I have beaten it on normal before. I do have some questions...

Playing this game on professional for the first time. I have beaten it on normal before. I do have some questions, however.

What handgun is optimal for professional? is the TMP worth it? Why is the FUCKING CABIN SO GODDAMN HARD HOLY FUCK

RE4 thread.

TMP is the optimal handgun.

Really? Why is that? Is it just as effective at the classic headshot > kick > knife combo?

Pretty much at the end of the upgrade path it does 1.2 damage with 100 rounds and tears shit up.

Other than that you actually just do a leg shoot then knife and everything is easy mode

TMP is awesome, but only really distinguishes itself as awesome if you use it to set up melee attacks. Then it becomes massively ammo and inventory space efficient. If you're good or have fun doing that, then get it.

Otherwise, get the Red9.

Here's a tip for getting through your first run through easier. Don't bother using magnums. It's not worth using on any normal enemy, so it's a boss only weapon, but it's way more cost efficient to just buy rocket launchers for bosses you're having trouble with rather than spend hundreds of thousands of pesetas to upgrade the a magnum.

1.8, sorry

Isn't TMP ammo rather scarce though? I genuinely don't know, I've never used it.

that's really all I use pistols for anyways, so maybe I should start using it. My only concern is up above.

Not at all. If you use it as a handgun and single shot it you have loads. And the ammo comes in packs of 50 or some shit. I'm pretty sure that enemies only drop ammo for guns you carry too, so you can sell your handgun and ONLY get tmp ammo from that point on.

As that dude said, ammo only drops for guns you have, sans very few set drops throughout the game that will always drop the same thing every time no matter what guns you have. If you have the TMP, enemies will start dropping plenty of it. As long as you're mostly using it to set up melee, and occasionally just using the DPS for spot removing of enemies, you'll have plenty. I always had extra ammo to sell.

user I hope you're still at the cabin. Save your game after you leave and listen to me. DO BOTH BOSS ROUTES. Yes, do both, the easier one is El Gigante.

Also your loadout should be this
Red9
Striker
Broken Butterfly
Semi Auto Rifle (alot of noobs recommend the starter rifle but the fire speed is gonna only get you killed on the island)
and a TMP if you want it, good for knocking enemies down from the air or using your melee combo thing

sounds good to me, I'll give it a shot then.

>implying I have broken butterfly and striker on a fresh run at this point in the game

Also, I always do both routes. This isn't my first time playing, but it IS my first time doing professional.

FUCK regenerators. they scare the shit out of me

Everyone has given some stellar advice all I can say is try to get hit as little as possible because some enemies will pull you from green to red rather fast when you are caught in their clutches.

I've noticed, it's crazy.
>doing the section after you meet the merchant for the first time
>clear it entirely with only the knife, taking no damage
>except for this one faggot who ran up to me and barely clipped me with his sickle, taking my health from full to 0.0001%

I was so fucking mad.

Starting handgun or red 9 are pretty good choices for pistols. Red9 for DAMAGE, and handgun for that sweet 5x headshot crit damage and I think plagas don't pop out if you crit. You could probably squeeze by with a rifle and tmp if you're good enough though.

>plagas don't pop out if you crit
They still do. The only ways to prevent plagas from popping are deaths by fire, explosions, suplex or PRL.

you know you can kill plagas with flash grenades right?

> prevent
Different user, but he's saying what kills prevent plagas from coming out.

Ammo drops for weapons you have typically. But there are scripted drops in the game also, I believe.

Plagas are all scripted though. Getting headshot kills doesn't increase or decrease the potential amount of plaga enemies. If an enemy was gonna pop a plaga, it will unless you grenade them to death.

made this 4 u

I know, but why try that hard to prevent when you can just throw a simple grenade

Doesn't change the fact that those types of kills will prevent the plagas from coming out. The guy was unsure if Handgun crits prevented them and I corrected him.

Not bad.

The hat decorations are relatively accurate, even.

You're right hand comes off?

It's not hard when you get the suplex. Besides, you're not going to have flash grenades all the time. That's a waste of space.

have fun doing the first QTE when you meet krauser

legit fucked up one of my deathless runs with like 30 deaths because that shit
i just couldnt press the button fast enough
i was playing the original PC port though
new port is pretty good and mouse and keyboard works great

I forgot to mention fall damage as another way to prevent plagas.

HEH HEH HEH

THANK YOU

It drops are based on what you need most.

>low health
Herbs are more likely to drop from defeated enemies.
>low ammo
Ammo for the types of guns you have drop more
>low money
Again more drops. If you want to ensure more ammo drops, maintain a high level of cash.

Why did they make rhe flashbang so strong?

Did you? I saw this yesterday here.

Rare as fuck pepe though.

They probably made it and didn't realize or care about the effective range on it or how good melee attacks would be as a focus.

I also think it's why the TMP is designed as it is.

If you want to cheat there's always Ditmanning