Tuturu~
Steins;Gate thread desu

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/M2PNc
youtube.com/watch?v=fU3RzPQmlDY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally what?

Time travel nigga.

first half is decent and amusing second half is too serious and shit 5/10 desu famfam

This thread can only be saved if we turn it into a S;G reaction images

But I dont have enough images for that!

I can change that.

imgur.com/a/M2PNc

post images from the game, they are better

Now I can shitpost like never before

after all the stories with parallel universes and infinite timelines it was kinda refreshing to find one where they kept it simple

Tell me about Kurisu. Why does she wear the coat under her shoulders?

EL

PSYCHO

KANGAROO

10/10

steins gate 0 for pc when

It's never explained apart from it being a modified element of her school uniform, along with the rest of her outfit. She's just an eccentric like everyone else in the cast.

2 cute

are her legs near a black hole and thats whats stretching em so bad?

If I take her coat off will she die?

the coat stays on

Well since it's sort of related I'll ask here.

What makes a good time travel story Cred Forums? Sometimes I like thinking of them if I ever make a game involving it. Ideally I don't just straight up copy Steins;Gate or do extensive "research" on something as on the brink of fringe science as it gets. Especially if it's something I'll never truly understand.

Or at least what makes a shitty one since supposedly more likely than not time travel stories are written poorly.

characters and how do they interact with timelines

paradoxes and thought experiments

The best time-travel story involves subtle nuances that acknowledge the character as he travels through time. I didnt actually like how Steins;Gate(char development was top notch tho) handled it as other than the ending no events really lead up to anything surprising. It when the character remembers or does things that set him up and avoid paradoxes in other timelines while not confusing to onlooker.
Long ago I had an idea about a time travel game too.

What is she listening to?

The most important thing to me is internal consistency. Don't worry too much about adhering to real world physics, since you have to fudge them a little to make it work in the first place. Once you've decided on how time travel works in your setting, never bend or break those rules. So few time travel stories get this right and they end up contradicting themselves over the course of the plot.

time lines is gay, full circle 1 time line is always superior

i remember the anime broke its own time travel rules a few times but i cant remember what they were anymore, i was able to forgive it because i enjoyed the overall show very much

This is also insane important. Stick to your guns with whatever form of time-travel it is and avoid the 'ITS ALL JUST PARALLEL WORLDS' shit.

She's unknowingly getting her brain scanned in that CG. It's from Darling. What she was dreaming of is in this spoiler.

As far as I know the VN makes no contradictions. What was something you spotted in the anime?

>90% of the game takes place inside the lab.

>The closest you get to meeting SERN is about 5 characters who are just lackeys

>game asspulls for true ending

Give weight to characters' actions, unless you are making a game where the moral is that nothing matters

duduru~ :-DDD

>18 yo nippon student moves to europe to remove SERN
ok

what is ES

say it aloud
>es
>this

then what is the drink he is referring to as "that"
looks like cans of cambell soup

Dunno but its not Dr. Bebber :-DDD

>game asspulls for true ending
weak bait

i never played the VN, but i KNOW the anime fucks up at least x2 because i talked about it with a few people after

i wish i could remember but i cant rewatch the whole anime before this thread ends

>Suzu ending

I just want an expansion on it, I give no shits that it's non-canon. I just want to see them fall in love.

Sorry for the waifu faggotry.

you can do it.
youtube.com/watch?v=fU3RzPQmlDY

Are the endings mutually exclusive or the true ending the only ending?

sloppy wet noises

That's the only alt ending I actually liked.

God that Mayuushi ending is so fucking terrible, wouldn't have been as bad if they didn't put her in a relationship with Okabe.

Well it does suffer from having to omit detail and the pretty big rewrite surrounding Braun and Moeka.

Actually, from what I've heard it's word of God that Suzu and Okabe end up falling for one another in that ending. I'd like to see more of it too.

They're all mutually exclusive, but valid.

Hi Cred Forums

It's not gay if they're cute.

best girl (male)

Cuteness is justice!

It's hard not to see them fall in love, because they're the only ones in that specific situation.

Going through the same hardships can make that happen quite easily.

Guyguyguyguyguyguyguyguyguyguy

Luka crying at fucking everything was annoying.

>not jerking off to his crying face

fag

EuroShopper energy drink

dude so deep x'DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I thought it was pretty unexpected to have Luka come out as gay to little fanfare.

DUDDURUU :D

the true ending legit blew my mind
also this

Which would you pick for gf, Cred Forums?

>Kurisu
>Mayuri
>Luka
>Moeka
>Suzu
>Luka (male)
>Feris

That was a particularly brutal scene.
I had suspected Nae of being evil since the train scene, but jesus fuck my mind was shocked by that

Luka (girl) all day erry day.

Best girl.

>I had suspected Nae of being evil since the train scene,

Was that actually Future NAe at that point though?

I wanna say Kurisu but I doubt I could handle all that tsunderness so luka, with or without the dick

Well how could parallel worlds not be written shittily? From what I understand that's the safest option to prevent paradoxes. Otherwise you get Steins;Gate.
The grandfather clause and causal loops are always important to be taken into consideration.

you all have good taste

because all of the girls are good choices

Force paradoxes to be impossible to commit

I'm not sure what you mean by nuances and acknowledgement. Well I'm not sure what you mean in general.

An idea? Well let's hear it. Unless you're actually making that game though I doubt it since we're on Cred Forums.

Yeah I figured consistency was important. Do you think the actual method of time travel needs to be explained? Cause I sure as hell don't know how it works. Or do you think "SCIENCE/magic ain't gotta explain shit" would be fine?

I'm more worried about if the traveling itself makes any fucking sense. If it doesn't everything falls apart.

That applies to any story doesn't it? Though with time travel it's hard since in theory it's a universal solution to most of your problems. Fuck up? Let's go back and fix it. Don't like this outcome? Go back and fix it. Steins;Gate was guilty of this too. If it's not a happy ending it's just going to be another lesson story with the world fucked beyond repair with the lesson being to not play god and be a good little worm. I honestly thought Steins;Gate would end that way at first.

>blow square breaths
That's easier said than done. And the idea is to not blatantly copy Steins;Gate.

I'm trying to think of video games with time travel mechanics without paradoxes. Or I guess time travel stories in general eithout them.

Honestly that depends on the story. You don't HAVE to explicitly explain how it works, but if you want to keep the story relatively grounded it'd be prudent to look up various theories / conspiracies surrounding time travel. Stories like Back To The Future don't explain much of anything and they work just fine as entertainment.

>lets hear it
I was hoping you'd say that so I could go full ideas guy.
An army under the command of a super-computer that has troops sent to the past in order to fix chronological events that seem to go awry out of random. These are events significant to growth of humanity and history. You hop through time resolving them through any means to set history as we know it, which can range from fighting a battle to turn the tide to ensuring that a political figure is not assassinated. As you do so the computer mentions a set of minerals which are in a quantum state that only the soldier can see since they shift through time, but as you travel through time you notice these rocks are only present at the most pivotal moments, and in particular when a certain insane antagonist is around. You manage to collect them all save the last one, which turns out was secured by the antagonist who reveals that the rocks themselves are being used to upgrade the super-computer to a quantum state so it may do calculations in an entirely new dimension, essentially granting it god-hood, but to ensure no creature can challenge its power it uses that power to eliminate any thing that could offer it resistance, particularly the human race. With this in mind you lead a raid on your former base and manage an explosion to spread the rocks throughout time.prompting a search between the quantum computers forces vs you. In other words you end up being the antagonist's forces.

It ends up that you fail in almost every situation losing team-members constantly along the way whilst you fight against yourselves, with emotions ham-fisted somewhere in there. Finnaly, you do manage to secure one of the macguffins which allows you put up a resistance against the computer. Rather than fighting for the rocks the final remnants decide to fight directly against its attempts to control humanity. Queue reacting scenes of many a mythologies as you constantly stave off the ai's various attempts. In the end you discovered that you and your group are the fallen angels of biblical times, and the antagonist-turned friend is considered the 'original sin' since he gave you Prometheus's fire and the knowledge to fight. The main antagonist-friend himself is insane and is only able to have fought the AI because he caught himself in a time-loop, giving him infinite time to think a plan, so in his tragic sacrifice he continues his damned existance while you and whomever remains go unto the final Ragnarok and end it all in the final battle between you, Lucifer, and the forces of an awaking god.
You win but at what cost has mans hubris to create damaged the world.
It only hurt you, in the final reveal, it seems as though there was a even higher transcendent power, as it allows the antag to be in a paradox, and it allowed you to survive the otherwise impossible

I suppose you're right in that sense.

Hope you enjoyed

BEST GIRL
BEST ASS

Suzu makes me want to fap like crazy.

I guess I'll start fapping then.

have fun~

Do it.
Make the game. That could easily be a Final Fantasy plot. It's like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger. And it sounds like more gameplay than what I could come up with. If you wanted to be Jewish you could split it up to 3 parts and make a trilogy. Nostalgia pandering is hot shit at the moment too.

I kinda wanted a Majora's Mask like game but you can go back to any time before. But that sounds like a clusterfuck and I can see why they stuck with 3 days instead if 5 or even a week. That and I unfortunately have more story and VN like ideas than actual gameplay shit which is most important in a game to me. Maybe an RPG with a Majora's Mask system and Persona like not-gameplay or something.

Are you the user that's been fapping in every steins gate thread lately?

I will.

I might be. I can't help myself around these girls.

I would but I've got both uni and s game I'm already working on
It was planned to be a trilogy but with each able to stand on its own merit lf engrossing you into the story with striking imagery that makes tons of references to historical artifacts.

I'm the one who keeps making them

Why not make a VM with dynamic time travel. 5 weeks might be a bit much but allowing you to go back and rename decisions would be a neat mechanic

I understand not being able to resisit best girl

Just keep going. I'll let you know when I'm almost done.

>S;G0 probably wont even be a 2016 release at this point

kind of mad tbqh

Isn't it gonna release on vita and ps3/4 soonish?

only amazon placeholder dates that keep geeting pushed back

pqube will announce an actual date well ahead i would imagine.

I will patiently wait then, there is no video game im more hyped about atm desu

Unf

Is the game worth playing if I've already seen the anime? I really liked the anime, but I'm wondering if there's enough new content/gameplay elements in the game to hold my interest now that I already know how the story pans out?

I'm pretty close now.

Do you post in game dev threads here? I didn't expect for you to actually be working on something.
And you're saying that plot summary was for a single game? Holy fuck. That sounds like a crazy long game then. I'd say it's a project worth keeping on the backburner though. Sounds like there would be an audience.
Though I'm sure the Paper Mario iron is hotter as of now.

>rename decisions
Wut
>VM
But I want to make a video game. Though I'll gladly take a notVideoGame VN though. Plenty of those exist don't they? As in "video games" with enough scattered actual gameplay to not be a plain visual novel. I can't think of many examples off the top of my head but surely they exist right? I haven't played or know much of Danganrompa but that series is supposedly a prime example of "video game" right?

That and I guess I have plenty of ideas for actual video games if need be. I was brainstorming a universe for notCapeshit I could do fun stuff with anyways.

Good, i'm almost out of vaguely-lewd pics
I'd say yes, while the anime was avery good adaption, it left out some side scenes/ extra SCIENCE and the alternative endings, that are almost all extremely good. Especially suzus ending

Close huh?

The anime was slightly rewritten and also left out a sizeable amount of detail compared to the VN. Even discounting that, the VN is so well executed that it'll still grip you even if you watched the show first, like I did.

That was fantastic. Thanks anons.

Nice.

Literally the 2nd cutest.

Nani?!
My thread is still going even after I went to bed?
This must be the choice of Stein's;Gate
[Spoiler]also of one man's dedication to 2nd beat girl[/spoiler]

>Do you post in game threads
Nah. But if my games end up being released in the far flung future I assure theylll have distinct touches to make them unique.

>Rename decisions
I meant remake decisions and play them out in radically different ways. Apologies I just went to bed around that time and only just woke up.
What's this about the not capeshit idea?

And someone post Christina being flustered and American

>And someone post Christina being flustered and American

This?

Somewhere in the general vicinity of that yes.

Looking for a particular context?

Surprise me

post meidos instead :3

I always thought Steins Gate was cool because it featured something that actually happened (John Titor) and just ran wild with the idea, plus all the real scientific theory in there helps suspend disbelief.

>steins;gate became ok on Cred Forums after the steam release

I didn't expect to end up on this world line

You had the occasional thread before but it's nice how they happen much more now post-Steam.