Which is the best of the Shadowrun games? I want to get into this, the screenshots of these games look comfy

Which is the best of the Shadowrun games? I want to get into this, the screenshots of these games look comfy.

Dragonfall>Hong Kong>Returns

Dragonfall best.
Hong Kong is best mechanically but far worse pacing and slightly worse writing.
Returns largely a shit.

Dragonfall it is then. Any hints? Most fun class?

Just play the fucking game you indecisive retard.

Depends what you like senpai. Are you a badass shotgun streetsam with high charisma, real Johnny Mnemonic-like?

I mean I'm sure there's some other less cool stuff you can be too. Surely you might like being a gay little magic slinger

Generally speaking decker for for all 3. The NPC deckers in Dragonfall and Hong Kong are both kinda shits, and being a decker yourself gives you that sweet sweet decking and lets you take cooler characters.

Doesn't much matter though, you can play anything that sounds fun.

Returns then Dragonfall and lastly Honk Kong.
That is the order they were released and I recommended it because you plan on playing them all aren't you?

the hacking is the literal fucking worst in this game. Especially since they moved to real-time movement in HK. That's the only part of the game I dislike but man does it suck

Dragonfall: decker or pure mage.

Hong Kong: pure mage or Cyber Samurai. They added some amazing cyberware mechanics and abilities, including 4 flavors of melee weapons.

If OP is going to do that, then I'd suggest dumping the maps from Returns into the Dragonfall customs folder so you can play it on the updated enigne. I accidentally played through all of dragonfall on the Returns one and when I corrected the mistake it was like night and day

Also they reference each other as the games were released.

Decking is very worthless, so you can just take the NPCs if you even want them. It's a toss up between the OP street samurai with a rifle that kills all, or a shaman for the challenge.

Why couldn't Boston Lockdown be good, bros? A multiplayer shadowrun game is literally all I want, but instead I have to die of old age waiting for 2077

I like it as it's better than the normal tron combat. Same with the hacking mini game.
I life was fair we'd have goblinized in 2012. Instead nothing fucking happened. Not even 2000 had something interesting.
>tfw you will never live in an adventurous world.

HK is the best. It's improved version of DF. People only like DF better because of the jump in quality between it and Returns. Also some characters in HK trigger Cred Forums.

That's possible without repercussions? Huh.

>That's possible without repercussions? Huh.
Yeah dude. Returns and Dragonfall's engines are almost identical besides some updates here and there. But they have all the same mechanics and shit. Hell, dragonfall was just an expansion to returns and not it's own game, once upon a time.

It's HK's engine that won't be compatible with the old shit

I guess that makes sense. I thought the stand-alone version of DF had extra engine updates.

Like I said, it does. Just not enough to make them incompatible with each other.

Dragonfall->Returns->Hong Kong.

Returns is HBS feeling out their audience and HK is an overblown mess. Dragonfall is all you need to play.

Recommended: dwarf assault rifle samurai or elf Mage.

Returns is shit.

Dragonfall has better story, Hong Kong has better cast, both are great in different ways.

Focus on rifles. Bump up summoning or whatever it is until you get a Totem power, which is extremely useful. Finally, load up on Decking, Charisma and cyberware.

If you've got a few spare points lying around, dump some into spellcasting - Aim, Haste and Heal are always useful, even at the most basic level. You shouldn't need more than 2 ranks in each.

Shadowrun SNES is best

HK plays exactly like DF, right down to plot structure. The only difference is that HK has more text with NPCs between missions so I dunno what you're on about.

>Shadowrun SNES is best

It literally isn't. It's probably the worst. If you had said genesis version then maybe

This. The SNES is just loved because of nostalgia. It hardly feels like Shadowrun and has the shittiest gameplay. Too bad the devs fagged out with it in Returns.

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded Jake Armitage being a party member.

Too bad Returns was made before they realized that story-based games need a consistent cast of characters.

Hongkong if you got that cyberpunk itch

>Honestly, I wouldn't have minded Jake Armitage being a party member.
Neither would I. He was a cool enough guy. My issue was that it had no love for the genesis. Not even Stoker or Gunderson were mentioned in it.

>Decking is very worthless, so you can just take the NPCs if you even want them
>Have to take the deckers when they're invariably the worst companions in the game
Nope. Best answer is to go with the build you want and throw in enough decking so you can choose the characters you want instead of lugging around the decker party members.

Works kinda but the jackport augment messes with your max essence so it kinda fucks mages up.

In HK, there's a skill that gets you bonus essence for 6 karma.

I don't remember but can you get 7 essence for a mage with that?

Yes, but it offers no benefit aside from being able to get bodyware without lowering magic.

Losing .5 essence means you're one round down on cooldowns (and sometimes lose one spell slot); if you're planning to run a pure Awakened archetype it's not going to worry you at all - even a skill-happy Adept isn't going to be bothered by it, and as a bonus you can fit in another (usually Bio-) 'ware while you're at it. Not when the upside is being able to do all the Decking yourself and thus being unrestricted in which party members you choose, whereas anyone who can't deck pretty much has to bring a Decker for most of the runs.

In HK it's essentially free anyway, since you can mitigate it by taking Cyberware Affininty, which is Karma cheap for anyone taking Body at all (so anyone not running challenge/glass cannon builds)

Long story short, there's literally no reason not to take Decking that isn't roleplaying.

>I don't remember but can you get 7 essence for a mage with that?
I believe you can get up to 8, but I don't think it confers any mechanical benefit while it's above 6 - it just acts as an extra buffer before you start to lose ability.
I was actually really disappointed given HK's focus on essence and 'ware that even though there were conversation options where you could say you didn't want to get cybered up since you were Awakened, there wasn't any extra dialogue if you did choose to.

Oh. That's kinda lame but I guess mages are powerful enough. Wish they added more spell types. Best thing about SR is becoming a novelty mage.

As someone who hasn't played these games, what is decking? Like a hacker?

If they were to introduce Magic>6, they should just call it Initiation.

Yes.

Would a Decker/Rigger be viable for Dragonfall? In Hong Kong, Racter makes playing a Rigger rather pointless, but it shouldn't be hard to be better than Butz.

>As someone who hasn't played these games, what is decking? Like a hacker?
Yeah, basically hacking is done by physically jacking in to a network's cyberspace ('the Matrix') using a portable computer setup known as a (cyber-)Deck, and interacting with the system through a kind of 3D virtual reality; so hackers are known as Deckers due to the cyberdecks they use.

>Would a Decker/Rigger be viable for Dragonfall?
Yeah, there aren't as many drone variants as HK but as you said, nothing compares to Koschei anyway; trading a couple of your AP for two drones with 2/3 AP each is always a good deal.
>Initiation
Isn't that hilariously broken in the tabletop?

Yep.

>Would a Decker/Rigger be viable for Dragonfall?
Yes. I loved my almost no human run in DF.

>Racter makes playing a Rigger rather pointless
If you're talking about skill restricted prompts/challenges on missions then I guess you're right. The thing is, you get two kick ass drones while Racter gets one.

>Isn't that hilariously broken in the tabletop?
It allows you to increase Magic and get Metamagics. How broken it is depends on the edition.

I guess I'll go for a Eiger/Glory/Dietrich run then.

Was initiation on 2nd ed? I don't remember. The game is set in 2nd ed but they somehow managed to mangle it too. They tried to ape the old SNES game too much.

It was introduced in first edition.

Jesus, I need my memories back. Never get a GF, folks.

All of those games are pure fucking nigger stench.
If you like autistic shit support games play the snes game.
If you want an actual good game pay the sega genesis one.
These new ones are made by faggots who made the snes one and played too much virtual chess master and never won at it. They shit the bed. They are not even worth the $10 I spent on kick starter.

>How broken it is depends on the edition.
Huh, I can vaguely remember someone talking about it being awesome. Can't remember much more than that, though. tfw no Shadowrun group

>I guess I'll go for an Eiger/Glory/Dietrich run then.
No reason to go for anything else, ace.

>Never get a GF, folks.
>3dpd
Never ever, user. Cyber waifus when?

Dragonfall

>Backed $10 on kick starter

>Save Glorys' bi girlfriend
>Glory becomes happier but gets heal spell I don't need.
>Kill Glorys' bi girlfriend
>Glory becomes more aggressive and emotional with a chance of demon possession but gets them sweet flaming claws.
WHAT DO

>WHAT DO
Save her, of course. Marta had a hard life, and she's top qt.
Plus, that healing spell is actually super useful, and Glory's claws are awesome enough without the upgrade. Not to mention that it's what she wanted all along, leaving those experiences behind her to heal, and she still becomes more emotional, it's just subtler than when she goes all vengeful. Marta gets a really nice bittersweet ending, and Glory a great ending.

what a badass character
>talks in a slow monotonous slithering voice
Ahhh...yesss

Maybe in the next run

>Maybe in the next run
delet this, ace

If you don't play a decker then you'll have to drag along Blitz on every mission and he's the most annoying companion.

FUCK OFF APEX
U
C
K

O
F
F

You know, I was really tempted to skip the fight and set this piece of shit free but somehow ended up fighting it anyway for some reasons.

I hope he achieves his dream of turning Shadowrun into Ghost in the Shell.

Gobbet for top waifu.

>he didn't check the filename or notice the eyes
Monika recruited you because you were an old flame and because she wanted you to connect with Glory and help her out of her shell. You don't want to fail her, do you, ace?

>You know, I was really tempted to skip the fight and set this piece of shit free
Why? You know it's a bad idea pretty much every way it could play out, and telling it to fuck off leads to the best fight in the game. And you've gotta put it in its place for trying to use your waifu against you.

>people still haven't mentioned the GOAT Shadowrun game

Dont you fucking dare