Are you disgusted with what it's become ?

Are you disgusted with what it's become ?

Same logic applies to Valve itself (compared to Half Life Valve)

Be blunt as always, Cred Forums.

Looks the same as always.

Steam is amazing. You're a dumb faggot

No, not really. I remember when it was introduced and how much people hated it and how shit it was. It's OK now.

How is it worse in any way?

t. Robert Romine

>It's OK now
It's still the same as it was when it launched, people just got used to it.

Are you French?

You don't remember how awful it was.

i'm not disgusted, because i'd let every broken unfinished indie shitheap on steam to make a billion fucking dollars if i was in charge

i am disappointed though

Of course. Feels bad knowing I used to be a VALVe fanboy.

don't like steam and monopolies but they have all the best PC games and they hold my games hostage. nothing much we can do except stop playing games that are steam exclusive.

The paid mods thing was literally gay but otherwise no.

Steam's UI is fucking garbage.

Steam's still fine. The sales have gotten far shittier, and they let a swarm of absolute garbage in like Baby's First Unity Game and panty stealing gook games, but the service itself is good.

Valve's a different story since they stopped developing games entirely, which is a shame. Not like there aren't other good videogames out there though.

> literally gay

Fuck no. It's the golden age of steam accepting all these glorious fapping games. Anyone on Cred Forums who says otherwise is just some "hard" wannabe internet faggot

What it did become? I buy games and they work.
Oh you mean community? Your damn fault for partaking in that crap.

Steam is alright and it's not hard to find good stuff Get fucked anti-weebs.

Valve is pretty much irrelevant now since they don't making games anymore.

PC gaming peaked from the mid 90s to the mid 2000s. Steam's rise to dominance and sale strategies coincide perfectly with the end of AAA PC releases. Steam therefore is the cancer that killed PC gaming. Selling console ports and indie shit for cheap is not PC gaming.

I will never forgive them for CS and Half-Life. This is what happens when you have a completely flat structure and build a massive company around it. Everyone works on fucking DOTA and don't give a shit about the other titles.

Every time I open up the store page, I can't help but wonder why they've allowed so much dumb indie garbage to flood in.

>Are you disgusted with what it's become ?
What DID it become? The only digital distribution platform worth using? Sounds like it's hasn't changed at all.

Nah it's pretty cool
Lots of games for cheap, useful features like overlay, workshop and cloud support, mostly centralized so I don't have to fuck around with five different platforms except for EA shenanigans, all is well

nope. steam is still great.

not really

hating steam and valve is a contrarian meme

>Steam
Stays the same, but greenlight is horrible.
>Valve
You tell me, are they making games?

No, but I am disappointed valve does not want to make games anymore.

>expect thread full of people shitting on steam
>everyone is reasonable and says its mostly fine

night time Cred Forums really surprises me

it's forced DRM with facebook features

they've gotten lazy and it shows in the games they currently still develop for and the steam platform in general
they also have this strong desire to enter into hardware, but then make shitty hardware and don't just stick to what they were good at in the first place

No, why would I be disgusted with all the good improvements its gotten?

What, you don't like refunds?