Spent 25,000 hours on pic related

>spent 25,000 hours on pic related
>could've been a pro
>instead waste 25k hours playing -WTF mode and generally being a dota troll

>25,000 hours

Sometimes, it just isn't worth the experience.

Most people won't come anywhere close to having 25,000 hours of fun in their entire life

Don't beat yourself up over nothing

>dota 2
>fun

Leave Mr roboto

>25,000 hours
>could have learned multiple languages, could have learned multiple hobbies, could have read hundreds of books and improved your knowledge, could have learned how to draw, could have learned how to compose, could have learned how to write, could have become a GOD...
>but no
>you fucking played dota
>for twenty-five thousand fucking hours

You're not alone

Prove you have that many hours

tfw ive got 2.5k hours and I only play overthrow for the past 2 months.

Dota 2 came out july 9 2013 which is a bit more than three years ago which equates about 27,000 hours since release

Does anyone else think the "regular" dota map is just depressing and ugly and dark as shit?

I have been actually sort of enjoying LoL lately so I tried dota but it feels awful and not fun at all.

What will it be hot shot? d-does that give a hint?

Beta was available in oct 2011 for some people

get on with it! (English accent) - for glory...

I don't know man classic map with rain weather effects is 10/10 for me

I believe you have 25000 hours. Unfortunately most people don't know what you're talking about

That's probably a lie. 25000 hours would be about 1000 days. Dota 2 has only been out for 1100 days.

That makes it roughly 44,000 hours since release which means he still has to have spent over 12 hours a day playing it

If Dota 1 is included then I believe him that shit was addictive

Are you really trying to prove your point by telling us you played WC3?

Tfw still have wc3 on computer. I miss the voices, i miss the epic dialogues. I'm going to listen to them later today

>you will never

shut the fuck up. 25k hours my ass. dota 2 was released in summer of 2013. a year only has around 9000 hours. ofc you have spent 80%+ of your time playing this game.
fucking bitch

>believing this bait

>dota 2 was released in summer of 2013
>there are people in this thread who don't have a Ascendant bloodstone

I don't even know what a ascendant bloodstone is, fact is that you can't spent 25,000 hours on a videogame in 3 years if 3 years only have around 30,000 hours. I highly doubt that you spent 85% of your time playing this gay ass game.

>I don't even know what a ascendant bloodstone is
Thanks for admitting that you don't know what you're talking about.

I do not play dota 2, I just saw this thread on the Cred Forums homepage bottom thingy.
I know dota 2 had a beta before it was released, but that was in like 2011 I think.
So 5 years. that would still mean that you played dota 2 for 12 hours/day every day for the past 5 years which is bs.

>25000 hours
>2,85 full years of playtime
I don't buy it

I spent near 1500h and it's the most regretting thing I've ever done.

If I were you and with that 25000h spent I probably will be never playing a single game on the rest of my life

NEVER AGAIN

1. The sound effects is generally inferior compared to the WC3 sound effects

2. The spell effects is generally not as great as the WC3 animations

3. The map is okay. But the general setup of contrast and palette is extremely inferior to WC3

4. The banter and meet lines is superior to the WC3 stuff

5. Most of the heroes are design improvements. The palette and contrast? Not so much
There is a few, like Winter Wyvern and Wraith King that is extremely inferior, while there is stuff like Clinkz and Slark which is a tenfold improvement

6. Lots of the weather effects looks great, but again: They are stuck with the issue they are emulating the WC3 effects, and not doing that entirely well

>never again

What if i told you I've played dota between 2005 - 2013

Tfw drow ranger had the most fuckable body

Drow at the least got one of her early item sets to be Karoliner fashion gear.
Its great.

We couldve had THIS if blizzard caught on dota earlier

OP, you haven't played 16 hours a day for over 4 years. The game is barely 5 years old.

More like 10 hours a day

so you've been playing 10 hours a day since 2009? How are you alive and who supports you?

2005 - 2013

>5k hours in dota before 6.68
>icefrog has the great idea to kill the map and add more meme items
>6.68 feels like dogshit
>stop playing

>dota
>dota 2
make up your mind idiot.
say you're playing dota for 25k hours and not dota 2.
dota 2 isn't the og dota.

i spent 250k hours on my smurf account

But i said pic related, i did say i play the game in pic. Also i said i played -wtf mode. Dota 2 doesnt have -wtf mode.

Anyone reading would know im referring to dota 1. I only used a dota 2 pic for attention

3+ YEARS

>25,000 hours

That's almost as much time as I've spent shitposting on Cred Forums in the past decade. Jesus Christ.

And we wonder why we end up as failures.

What was the map before? Pic?

If you started out playing dota 2 you wouldnt be interested in he old map. It looks like shit from a modern standpoint but it was the game of my teenage years.

In other words it only has nostalgic value. And i still love it.

you said "pic related". the picture shows "dota 2".
So i assume that you're talking about dota 2.
As I said earlier, I don't play dota 2 or any other dota games, I don't know what wtf mode is.

that user's talking about some changes made to the map in patch 6.82. they look like minor differences but they have huge gameplay effects. Old on the right, new on the left.

Oh, I thought maybe they had a different modern map but changed it. Like I said earlier I really think the map is just ugly and depressing.

>tfw wasted 2,8k hours
>still 4,6k

Just so you know user in a custom lobby with cheats enabled you can type -wtf to activate a mode with infinite mana and 0 cooldowns, not sure if that's the wtf mode of dota 1.

Looks like that really fucked the secret shops up.

there's been more changes since

>2.5k hours
>3k mmr

yes but that's the 6.68 change he was saying turned him off the game.
yeah, but mostly it changed the dynamics around taking / contesting / stealing rosh, which is pivotal in a dota match. High ground breaks vision, and now you can't get on high ground right next to the pit, it's surrounded by what are effectively mountains.

Don't even know what rosh is, damn I'm noob.

Guessing it's a boss that just gives buffs?

Help

it's a boss that gives a lot of gold and xp, and when it dies it drops a single Aegis of Immortality. whoever picks it up just straight up revives on the spot with full health and mana a couple seconds after they die. The catch is anyone can pick it up, so you can blink in with an ability / blink dagger, snatch the aegis if the other team is slow / has to fumble for an inventory slot and book it. Also after the third time rosh dies in a match he'll also drop a cheese, which is a consumable that instantly refills 2500 health and 1000 mana, which is basically 100% on most characters. shit wins games.

You play league, right? the change is basically like if they took baron off red team's side of the map and plopped it in its own little lair in the middle of river so they can't flash the wall for it as easily, and made it tougher to ward for.

Oh, and (baron) Nashor from league is Roshan backward. thanks rito.

It's just a number. I got two intentionally feeders in a row and that autistic goofball that ruined TI6 is somehow 5k

Yeah by play league I meant I'm a level 20 shitter who has no desire for any sort of competitive play, but I do see what you mean now.

Does the consumable from rosh refill at shop or is it one use only? The aegis sounds ridiculous, does that last all game too?

Dota sounds a lot harder than league honestly and that's the feeling I got the few times I played it.

Cheese is single use consumable and you can sell it for gold or give it to a friend to use (if you give it away that person can't sell it, only the person that first picked it up from rosh)

the Aegis is destroyed on use, and after 5 minutes will crumble to dust but when it does it refills the hp / mana of the holder to full if they're out of combat. Rosh comes back on a random timer between 8 and 11 minutes after his last death.

Dota has more detail in its systems and more complication, but I wouldn't say it's harder or even that it has more depth of gameplay.

They don't tone shit down for "muh player fun" though, if someone wants to be invisible literally all game except for 3 seconds after they attack someone, I'll be damned if valve's not gonna let that happen.

Character that puts down a ward that zaps you for most of your health across the map from fog of war to punish you for casting a spell? why the hell not.

meanwhile in league: "We didn't like that this ability was targeted because there was no counterplay, so we made it a skillshot so scrubs will miss half the time :)"

>The aegis sounds ridiculous, does that last all game too?

No. But you're on a one way trip to teamfight city when someone gets it so it doesn't really matter.

>The aegis sounds ridiculous
Its ridicules if nobody is paying attention to the map.
Its fine is somebody are, because it means that Ursa/Troll/PA gets counter ganked after smoking, or a huge teamfight around the pit ensues.

Its like the towers: Its another objective, but one that can be directly used on a hero, to ensure that said hero have 2 lives in teamfight instead of just 1.

Its me
Slark the Nightcrawler
Balanced Escape Fish of 3 escapes
Only stat shift ability that causes total% change damage
With a ability that on delay dispels stuns
A better force staff on 1/3 of the cooldown
INVISIBILITY THAT CAN NOT BE PENETRATED
A free better Heart & haste

fourth worst attribute gain in the entire game

And then have to spend money to unlock "champions"

I agree with everything but

2. The spell effects is generally not as great as the WC3 animations

3. The map is okay. But the general setup of contrast and palette is extremely inferior to WC3

i love wc3 but man that shits ugly. Like not even like "that's an old game" but it genuinely is ugly and hard to look at

maybe it's nostalgia coz I remember the game looking so good and when I actually look at it it's awful

What's that gif from?