youtube.com/watch?v=YIVXfEHvI2s
youtube.com/watch?v=1RaG123x_wU
youtube.com/watch?v=FFUN50Owt3o
youtube.com/watch?v=abdX3zjq6-s
youtube.com/watch?v=koZci_Z6k6Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why is Rayfa so sexual?

O HOLY MOTHER

Kind of random, but did Phoenix Wright actually use forged evidence in 4-1? I never really got that part

Yes, the card you use to incriminate Kristoph was forged. But since only the killer could know it was forged it was a win-win situation

yes

thost pem

Is it fair to say AA6 has the best case 3?

Why does she have the voice of a 40 year old mother of three

Maybe, it's either that or PLvAA

>I've given up at one of the three shit tier
Convince me it gets better.

>Turnabout Trump
now I want to see a presidential election parody ver. of Ace Attorney

youtube.com/watch?v=H4XwI2Sqj8s

Do they tell you this in the game? I played it years ago and I only remember Trucy giving it to you in the defendant's lobby.

I agree with you but AAI2 also had a very good third case.

She's more grown up than you think.

It's not explained as directly as I put it but you gather that up from Apollo's conversation with Phoenix after court.

What's the deal with case 2?
It has a lot of good moments, but the entire premise kinda falls apart when you think about it.

Because american dub.

I'll have to replay it, thank you.

The only problem I remember having with it was Betty being an (unwitting) accomplice to the murder but was let go like nothing happened.

Just finished case 6-4. It was really refreshing to see a character with DID that didn't have a dark/murderous side nor killed anyone. Excited to dive into case 5 in a couple hours, but I hear it's a long haul to the finish line compared to even some other Case 5s.

I would love to see his and Hilary's breakdowns.

She was built that way.

MAKE KURAIN GREAT AGAIN

How the hell nobody notices that the body didn't have a stab wound when it first appeared on stage, or that Trucy's sword had no blood on it when she drew it out of the coffin? And the game stops you from pointing out the wrong position of the wound with some bullshit excuse.
Or how the court treat Trucy knowing about the prank as a fact even after you prove the only evidence for it is a signature that could have been forged.

The De Famme twins turned out great.

The real Bonny is so pure and sweet it hurts.

I'm playing PLAA, when the hell does Phoenix play a part? I saw him on a plane very briefly and since then it's been all Layton

I'm guessing Layton does the investigations and Phoenix does the court scenes, but are they evenly balanced? This and the AAI games are the last 3 AA games that I need to play

>But since only the killer could know it was forged it was a win-win situation
Elaborate.

Just youtube the trial. It's a masterful trap Phoenix laid

Phoenix doesn't play a huge role in the game besides being the main character. Layton will play less of a role as the game progresses, until the end when he becomes much more relevant again.

PLvsAA was made for Layton fans who like AA. If you don't like Layton games then you shouldn't play it. I liked it, but it is a mediocre Layton game and a okayish AA game.

It's the same court that thought a guy who fell from a great height and broke his neck upon impact (instant death) could've somehow written his killer's name in the sand before dying.

>being so tsundere that you're willing to make the person you're actually a huge fangirl of get accused of murder despite knowing the truth
Betty brings the concept of "violent tsundere" to a whole new level.

Was Mia into Nick? That line in the first case when she says "Maybe you'll tell me some day...over drinks :)? felt like a come on

Not sure. It's certainly possible but I think it depends on some fluent nuance in the original script. It's fairly common for coworkers in any occupation to go out for drinks after a long day. She could very well have meant more (I'd say not since 3-5 y'know), but I figure she was simply welcoming Phoenix into the herd.

The stage collapsing caused everyone to panic and run about a second after the body came out. I doubt anyone would have had time to look for a wound on the body then.

It's just the way they had her ask it. First she says "Let's all go out and celebrate over drinks, a toast to Mr Butz!" and that sounds like normal co-workers drinking

The second line though was more one on one, like asking him out

That's why its called Spirit of Justice. You even get to recall Jove Justice's spiritual memories.

Nah
youtu.be/ba1qavHrM_A?t=39m15s

I think Trump's breakdown will be basically Gant.

Hillary reads like that yakuza lady who killed the actor.

Probably a badly translated line

In Japan you go out with coworkers over drinks all the time, it's a custom

She doesn't sound like a 40 year old in the Japanese version though. Not all the female voices have to be high pitched and squeaky to sound young.

>spirit of justice
>JUSTICE

lel I completely missed that

No 14 year old sounds like that

>bigtop
It really does. After that is the best in the game
>lost tournabout
Same here. Literally gets better
>serenade
Glad you quit. Theres no positives.

She sounds just a bit older, like a 16-17 year old girl, but it makes sense considering her status. It would be hard to take seriously someone who sounds like a prepubescent little girl.

Alright, since I'm the fastest guy in the world, I JUST finished Dual Destinies.

Wrestler case:
+ great fucking twist and motives and well written and everything
- you are told who the killer is in a cutscene

School:
- instantly obvious who the killer is, how, and why
- kinda too "high school anime" with the typical characters

Space:
+ some weird ass shit going on
- the butler, who was not mentioned before, did it, using his superpowers

Killer whale:
have not played

Overall: the mood matrix is great, the tic bracelet is awful, everyone is AAAAAAAA OOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGH all the time, no real investigation system, not enough focus on evidence

play the whale case, best in the whole game IMO

Dump more Rayfa's please, just finished the game and she's super cute, Hope she goes on shenanigans with Apollo.

>It would be hard to take seriously someone who sounds like a prepubescent little girl.

It's hard to take her seriously after her first breakdown no matter the voice.

So how is the DLC case?

I am kinda pissed I bought two 15 buck eshop cards and now would have to spend another 15 to get the dlc case.

>yfw it's actually an Apollo game

witness has Dissociative Identity Disorder
crazy but okay
the evidence points to a fourth secret identity
crazier but okay
secret identity thinks he is a child
"Well he can't be the murderer he is only five years old"

Anyone else tapped out when that happened?
What the fuck were they smoking?

Bailiff! Get the cherry picker!

It wasn't just his age, they had testimony from the others that he absolutely adored Taifu like a grandpa. Between the two it cleared him of suspicion.

The full fledged one is pretty fun, obvious villain though

Assine Theater Phoenix is hilarious
Assine Theater Apollo is meh

Is this the biggest cuck in the AA universe?

>Datz and Dhurke look like villains in their first anime cutscene
>they're actually complete goofballs
The way Dhurke just nonchalantly walks in with no buildup whatsoever right after the opening cutscene of 6-5 was glorious.

He even had his own shed

Fair enough
but his age shouldn't even be an argument. By saying it wasn't "just his age" you are implying that that is argument against him being the murderer. But he isn't actually fucking five years old.

>playing through the last case
>oh so you start with Apollo, it will probably change into phoenix later on
>first trial with Apollo
>finally start investigating with Phoenix
>second trial with Apollo
>credits start playing with Apollo
>Apollo in the epilogue

Trucy, at least, should have noticed it. Even in her panic, a stab wound like that couldn't be missed, and neither would blood on the sword. Even if you couldn't use it as a proof, it should still lead you in the right direction.

youtube.com/watch?v=YIVXfEHvI2s

Wait so what are the theaters? Different cases or cutscenes or what?

Who was talking to Wright in first person in the epilogue?

Pretty sure SoJ was Apollo's swan song. It ended his story on a fine note and he was acknowledged as Phoenix's equal.

His mother aside, most of the major plot points of his character were resolved, and I'm pretty sure the truth of his mother would focus more on Trucy.

I can see him making a minor appearance at most in AA7, like Edgeworth did in this game..

Apollo's mom

Oh, so it's another "Thalassa did nothing wrong" episode? When will Nick call her out on her shit parenting?

He can't really call her out on shit parenting considering she hasn't done any fucking parenting at all.

Lamiror, aka Thalassa Gramarye, Apollo and Trucy's biological mother. They had a similar conversation at the end of AJ:AA.

And then she and Phoenix bonked like rabbits on the couch.

That's the worst kind of parenting

Did anyone else feel bad for Jove? He marries Thalassa, gets invited by based Dhurke to play some guitar at his house but gets bonked on the head by Inga and burns to death. Then the child he reached out to in his last moments barely even cares about him.

>and he was acknowledged as Phoenix's equal

I still think that Phoenix will always be a bigger 'star' in the courtoom in Japanafornia.

Seriously, the guy is a literal legend

Not in the AA universe.

Oh look it's the final moments of my biological father. Oh well.

Apollo pls

Short noncanon courtroom segments basically.
Kind of like the special episodes from PLvsAA.

I never played PLvsAA because I feel like I should play all the layton games that came before first.

But I get it. Thank you.

>bonked on the head by Inga
He dindu nuffin, it was Ga'ran's doing.
She used the cuffs back then.

>It-it's not like I like you or anything, I just don't want to lose my favorite soba shop
Why is he such a tsundere?

I think that was part of the point of this game's ending.

Phoenix will carry on as the Turnabout Terror in Japanifornia, while Apollo will be the Shrill-Voiced Savage of Kh'urain.

He was amazing in that case, loved having his crafty tricks on the defense's side.. Was still probably the worst case in the game as far as I'm concerned, but he really helped improve it.

>Sad Monk throws his psychic beads at Athena
>Blackquill fucking cuts it in half

Piratefag here, how do I play the DLC?

That was the worst part. I was hoping for more athena bondage.

t. Sad Monk

You know she loves it.

B-but I don't want to see her hurting ;__;

>It's not like I ever met him or anything
Fucking Apollo

That's fine, Apollo is my favorite attorney so far

It is called Spirit of J.U.S.T.I.C.E what do you expect??

yep, 3rd game felt like it was a fucking AA finale

edgeworth adventures are not canon though

Maybe if you are fucking stupid, it isn't.

They are not?
Also if anything isn't canon shouldn't it be the PLvsAA cases?

investigations and PLvsAA arent canon, they may well be forgotten and nothing of value would be lost

Really?
You can't think of anything of value here?
youtube.com/watch?v=1RaG123x_wU

There are references to the Edgeworth games in main series. Why the hell do you think they're aren't canon?

Says you.

point me to these references and ill eat my hat

Wouldn't a Hillary one make more semse though? Maybe a double wammy of Hillary being tried and trump being the prosecutor.

So what went though you guys minds as you realised the twist to the last case? How'd you react? Mine pretty much went "Another victim? The body would be stored in the sarcophagus for sure. A guard maybe? Nah. Wait there was a line of blood, the blood belonged to dhHOLY FUCKING SHIT"

Themis Legal Academy's uniforms, for example.

This whole topic and no one has brought up the cutest little thing to come out of this game?

But Rayfa was mentioned in the very first reply

Also
youtube.com/watch?v=FFUN50Owt3o
Start at 3:30. Phoenix outright refers to Edgeworth's investigations.

Themis Academy, Simon's cellmates, Edgeworth's referencing of "presenting a lot of evidence"

Not the same guy, but are there any others?

As in some direct reference to events that involved Edgeworth

If you show evidence to people while Nick and Edgy are together in the final case Edgeworth will make fun of Nick for not breaking old habits. Nick then makes fun of him for doing the same thing in his investigations.

I'm hoping in the next game we get a case where Edgeworth uses his fucking ninja against you

Heh.

Edgeworth has a ninja?

Kay

Pink uniformed, blue scarf girl

user kay is not canon

Are you still baiting?

Ok ill bite, where is kay aside from investigations? keep in mind that investigations isnt canon

DD only has 4 cases?

To attract potential mates.

DD has five cases, but case four and five are literally about the same trial.

he forgot the first case, which is pretty cookiecutter and forgettable

>
>keep in mind that investigations isnt canon
You keep saying that without any basis

actually investigations doesnt have any basis on being canon, you cant prove this wrong

So I got out of this series when they just started stringing along some fairly random logic and kept refusing sensible logic in exchange for only allowing some shaved yak-style zanniness that hardly ever made sense. Does Spirit of Justice do the same thing, or are the cases sensible enough that you could poke around areas and submit evidence which is sensible at the time and get through the game?

>352401846
Reminder to stop giving him (you)s and to stop taking the bait.

>Archie had a psychology book when he died because he was trying to help Armie
I'm pressing F as much as I can

except people already did bumblefuck

looks like I won

What was the pun on Archie and Armie Buff again?

those are vague as fuck, its like mario logos in some nintendo games. Does super mario become canon then?

Archaeology/Army Buff

not the most tricky puns

>Video shows him getting shanked in the side
>First thing you see on the body is a massive wound in the back
It was impossible for Trucy to be guilty aside from the video, nothing else matched up.
A Buff is I'm pretty sure someone good at and/or obsessed with their hobby/profession in a good way.

you're a moron

and you're a double moron, those arent puns

Why does this come up time and time again? They handwave this in the investigation, it is actually mentioned

it's not the best of puns, but it's definitely a pun

This is the anti-cuck. Stole a kid from his arch enemy, raised it to his own moral compass, loved it like his own and it ended up being a total daddy's girl. I kind of wish they hadn't made him kill Dhurke though cz or at least made it look like an accident or act of desperation.

He was obviously also a massive asshole on every other front, though. It wasn't out of character.

MAKE KURAIN GREAT AGAIN
youtube.com/watch?v=abdX3zjq6-s

He was stamping those execution orders like a machine. You think killing his enemy would be a big deal to him?

oh man I didn't expect that

I honestly thought the sarcophagus would turn out to be empty until the last moment ;__;

Top class breakdown from that guy too.

Gar'an: OK Devil Lawyer, if you lose, you die. If you accuse me, your foster brother dies as well, not that it matters because I'm gonna kill you anyway. I AM the law here, you are just a foreigner. HAHAHAHAHAAHA. What will you do now?
Apollo: *Puts on the biggest shit eating grin and fucking DETHRONES her on the spot
ABSOLUTE FUCKING MADMAN

Because nobody for some reason pays attention during the investigations

Hope Pheonix was taking notes so he can pass on Apollo's wisdom to Athena and shape her into the queen of savage

I fucking hated dusting in this game.

The controls are fucked for dusting in AA6. It was fine during the other games

So, we all agree that this game is AA's return to glory, right?

I love almost every aspect of this game. The characters, the fanservice, the cute girls, the story with a rejuvenated "crazy yet predictable" formula of AA games?

Hell, this game. It's better than AJ, better than Justice for All, hell, arguably as good as Trials and Tribulations. Arguably. Maybe I'm just saying this because, I just finished the game, but wow. Just wow.

The game went way beyond my expectations.
Phoenix needs to adopt both Rayfa AND Armie.

My positioning of this game in the main series fluctuates alongside AA1 and 3, but they're definitely the top three. Well, behind AAI2 which is my favorite overall.

Is that VA Saori Hayami?

Yes

Yeah. I heard her very recently in TMS #FE so I can easily recognize her.

Why would he adopt Rayfa? She has a perfectly good, not dead, not negligent mother

And the mother will probably just channel Dhurke for daddy time right?

>Amara channels Dhurke
>Dhurke jacks off into a cup
>Sends him back
>She sticks his baby batter into herself
>Makes Rayfa a new baby sister/brother

There's an image of this in the artbook.

That's just her way

Because you like bullying.

>Nick using his umbrella for Dahlia even though she already has one
Feenie you dummy

Mia is so sexy I might cry.

That alpha fuck Diego Armando jus chilling cos he knows he's going balls deep later

So is Iris ever showing up again?

Probably not

Apollo and Athena saw Trucy, a minor, sign a contract with abusive terms.
They're lost at what to do.
Are they even lawyers?

I enjoyed Apollo Gramarye Sahdmahdi Justice's game, though I wish it had more Trucy Gramarye Enigmar Smith Wright in it. Solid 9/10.

Did you even play the case?

It definitely exceeded my expectations. I'm not a fan of supernatural shenanigans but the game had good enough characters, twists and story to make it really enoyable regardless.

I need more Rayfa and Betty in my life. How did they get away with making all those top-tier girls?

>she already has one
That's a parasol and it probably doesn't hold water.
Or maybe she just doesn't want it getting wet.

>Sarge
>Pearly
>Rayfa when she's mad
>sad Geiru

there was a heavy amount of adorable in this game

Smith was a fake name

I can't wait until next game when we find out that inbetween being a Khura'in raised kid and becoming best mates with a guy who likes space, he was actually related to Regina Berry AND Wendy Oldbag

The first good Apollo game, even.

No it's one of her middle names now.

Wasn't this the part where the judge wants to see Geiru's balloons again?

Yep, i hated it too. So much that I used a walkthrough to just see that fingeprint crap

When you think about it, the Holy Mother is kind of responsible for a lot of shit since giving that spirit channeling power to people.

No Ema posts?
That is either an experimental error or a scientifically improbable case.
Basic procedure says we fix it right away.

The Founders Orb probably is the Crystal of Ami Fey. It would make sense that a Fey is involved with something that can go super wrong.

Probably because the director/writer is the real deal. I loved every bits of it, though I still hate athena but the blackquill and sad monk banter made the 4th case worthwhile. I honestly think the writer purposely added blackquill because the case would be utterly boring

Someone else already went balls deep in her throughout the law school.

I assumed that as well. After that I was waiting for the reveal that the Founder and Ami Fey were the same person, but it never came.

D E B E S T E

Emas sister is a lesbian trap?

>implying he didn't sandwich himself in there

Well, plastic balls that is.

Fat chance, since she met him after she became a full fledged lawyer. Mia was already used goods by then.

>best nth case in the series

I understand what's unique about first and last cases of a game, but what makes second and third (and fourth) case a nth case except for the order? What's so second casey about The Monstrous Turnabout and The Stolen Turnabout or third casey about The Inherited Turnabout and The Rite of Turnabout?

Ema is cuter in this game but quite frankly still boring.

Lana knew Mia since she started law school.

nothing really, it's just arbitrary comparisons

third cases used to be the weakest case in the game (although that wasn't true for DD or AAI2 or PLvAA already) so it's just some bullshit tradition people saw

Wright Whatever Warehouse

Lost my shit at this.

Anyone else fall for fake spoilers? I read that Apollo and Trucy found out in this game, so I was pretty disappointed at the end there.

But I also saw some bullshit about Apollo being abandoned as a baby because his horns were seen as a bad omen. I kept waiting for this to come up and when I finished the game I felt totally retarded for ever believing it.

Yeah, I was talking about Mia meeting Diego Armando, it was after she finished law school and became an attorney.

>Probably because the director/writer is the real deal
It's kind of funny how he manages to make the sequels so good when AAI and DD where so... not "bad", but just "okay".
They were doing something new both times, but still.

Mhm, I misread him as her, my eyes aren't what they used to be...
And, by used goods... I can easily see she became well-used goods. After all, she's THE WALL THE WALL THE WALL. NOTHING IN JAPANIFORINA CAN MAKE HER FALL.

Kristoph took the real card from the crime scene because he knew it was evidence. If he said the card you have is fake, he would be admitting that he took the real one from the scene of the crime, which is something only the killer could have done.

I honestly liked AJ Ema more, she's too happy and Maya-like now.

I think in both AAI's and DD's case they spent more time developing the engine rather than the plot itself, and thus the latter ends up being weak.

C U T E
U
T
E

How would you alter Gumshoe's design to reflect the timeskip?

I managed to avoid all spoilers (save for the culprit of 4th case) this time around. People were nice enough to tag them, too.

MAKE IT HAPPEN

But DDs 3rd case was shit, it was an athena case remember?

Why would gumshoe get skipped anyway. Hes nowhere in AJ, DD and SoJ, hes basically axed

It was fun as fuck senpai

He was mentioned in SoJ.

The only thing I got myself spoiled were case 2's twists the twins, not really dead and IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO from a thread a day or two after the game came out. It didn't make the case any less fun even if the culprit was obvious as fuck.

>body double is actually the correct choice in the DLC case in SoJ

fug

DLC case spoilers under this tag guys

>it was an athena case
That's why it was fun.

Even furio tigre was if that's the point

>mousing over spoilers
Your fault, senpai

I thought I was safe already after the main game, but I fell for it too.

Chikadee sucks balls,and her dress is gaudy shit

99.9% of the spoilers in these threads are of the entirety of SoJ minus the DLC case, I haven't actually seen spoilers for the DLC case posted yet until now

Was fullbright really helping the wright agency or was it just for show?

isn't this just an asinine attorney spoiler

It is

He played the role he needed to until he was sufficiently exposed.

Don't open this, there's a killer in the window.

>they got the guy from AJ to compose some of the music for SoJ

Now we only need Masakazu Sugimori to return for the next game.

I'm going to miss Fulbright.

I bet he made this track
youtube.com/watch?v=koZci_Z6k6Y

I can't believe they actually had Phoenix battle Dhalsim in this game

Someone posted a pic of Bonny with the filename "case 2 killer" in a ZE thread around when ZTD released, otherwise nothing too major.

I'm glad we finally got to see Maya spirit channeling a dude.
Specially one as manly as Tahrust.

Nah, that's Iwadare.
He mostly made the Apollo related ones and Metal Jesus's testimony music.

Make his coat all beat up like Badd's

Bonny being the killer, I was expecting this all the way up until they started going on about Retinz's "misdirection", I assumed the solution was that his misdirection was tricking you into trying to break his perfect alibi when he wasn't even the killer
Also people were going on about the final boss being the Holy Mother, I presumed that for quite a while.

Why is the justice system so fucked in AA games.

>le wurst of tiems is when da lawyers habb to gibe their biggest smiles!!! :^) :o) XD

is this some kind of eric new meme?

That smug pose always makes my dick diamonds

no it's over 10 years old

That's not even smugfa, smugfa is when she cocks her head, has a little smile and the chime plays. that's pridefa

Married

you're right. I only looked at the thumbnail

all reyfas are good though so it's fine in the end

Isn't that shiteatergrinfa?

It's parodying the one in real life Japan.
The Jurist system in AJ is reflecting that time they experimented having a jury in Japanese trials.

What is a shit eating grin, if not extreme smugness?

t. Ga'ran

What happened to the jury system in Japan?

Ema's new animations are so fucking adorable in this game. This one, the one where she looks away from her phone, lifts her glasses up and smiles at you, her new snackoo eating animation, also where she slowly stops eating snackoos and looks up sadly.

She made me Hnnngg way too much.

Meanwhile, Maya gave me a raging boner, and I'm not sure why.

The anime made me realize how shitty Robert Hammond really was.

>make ace attorney anime
>don't use the soundtrack from the games

how do you fuck up that badly?

It's Diego's motto passed down to Mia, passed down to Phoenix, passed down to Apollo

Got canned back in WWII and from what I heard, the modern testing didn't go anywhere

>is this some kind of eric new meme?

Damn brat

post lewd Rayfa plz

Of course a dead man has to steal the motto of a bunch of magical gypsies.

>AA
>Lewds of girls

Enjoy your mountain of fujoshit nerd

Damn, pal, I only asked for that pic, that's always posted here.

Besides, Rayfa wants Horn Heads third horn, that's a fact.

We technically saw Maya topless

No lewd for you, nincompoop.

But friend...
close enough

;^)

I want Rayfa to call me names

One day

>minor
18 is not minor

I think that in this game Trucy is 17

any lewds of Rayfa should have her as the one in the dominant position desu

>Rayfa
>Dominant
Women were made to be put in the mating press. Especially tsundere ones.

wow, you guys are evil.

The profile literally says 18

Yeah, she's still 17 because SoJ takes place only couple of months (as opposed to a year like in the original trilogy) after DD.

Rayfa is meant to step on your dick and say mean things to you.

No it says 17

According to the game, she's meant for being bullied

But after that you fuck her

I want her to bully me so she can feel better about getting humiliated in court.

Let it go and move on.

>embarrass her in court in front of the entire gallery
>take her home and let her try to *ka-tonk* you into a pulp
>have sex as she cries the humiliation away
>rinse and repeat every day for the rest of your lives

The dev team confirmed that's what happens every time.

I can believe it, as every set of AA games gets better as time goes on: T&T > AA, AAI2 > AAI1, SoJ > DD > AJ etc

The only exception is JFA and I heard that game's writing was rushed or something

AJ doesn't really have that excuse. its engine is from the DS ports. they've even had experience with the 3D and forensics things from RftA.

>The only exception is JFA and I heard that game's writing was rushed or something
I recall an interview where they said they only spend 8 months making it. It also came out almost exactly a year after the first game so it's easy to imagine it being rushed.

But it's just MT framework. Most of the work is already done in AA5.

I don't believe it's the whole story as writers and engine developers should be separate people so development time is expected to be parallel

Right, I imagine that certainly played part.

Well, they still had to make all forensic gimmicks

The DS ports and Rise from the Ashes came later.

They did? Oh, well fuck me then.

No they didn't

AJ came out two years later than Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

Did they make case 6-4 just to mess with the translators?

Just realising now that they cheated a bit with the transformations, the eyes change shape completely and the eyebrows change thickness.
No wonder Kisegawa seemed so girly.

I find Ga'ran's fan slapping sound oddly satisfying.

I love all the sounds this game and DD had

I miss Blackquill's jingling of chains, but I really like Nahyuta's slamming the rosary and clapping for silence, Kisegawa's and Ga'ran's fans, Rayfa's bells, that kind of shit

>clapping for silence
>have the volume turned almost all the way up for the music
>*CLAP*

I actually can attest that this is false.

I presented my Attorney's Badge to Edgeworth in the 5th case for fun, and Phoenix mentioned how he heard from someone (Gumshoe) that Edgeworth used to present things to people same as he did.

As long as she's on top, I've got no objections to this.

>Nahyuta's slamming the rosary
That sound is so satisfying.

>I miss Blackquill's jingling of chains
This. Holy shit did case 4 feel so wrong because of this.

Has this been updated already?

>using headphones
>volume all the way up
>CLAP
>this happens several more times
>don't learn my lesson
>Amara's lightning bolt

I just finished case 4 and holy shit is Nahyuta the 3rd worst prosecutor after Payne and Manfred. The only reason I have Payne ranked higher is because of the bullshit he pulled in the first case with the DC Act

>His decisive evidence falls under the assumption that Toneido wrote out the Whets name with playing cards
>i prove without a shred of doubt that they were rearranged after the fact but have no clue what the fuck the name meant at the time
>I now have to prove who the name belongs too otherwise Whet is still guilty
>Nahyuta then tells the Uendo to not talk about how he manipulated evidence after we proved he did it

Fuck this smug asshole. I'm glad Blackquill put him in his place with pic related. Honestly out of all the prosecutors Blackquill is the best out of all of them.

>Nahyuta
Fucks sake!! I try, I really do! I can't get over his fucking name, Goddammit! Someone help.

In my language his name literally sounds like "On the dick."
Capcom, why...

I am sure every single word or name sounds like dick in some shitty language somewhere.

They can't really take every third world shithole into consideration can they?

Eww, but Manfred was actually good, put some pressure on.

Payne is based.

Rookies are doomed when Big Wince is in the room

Haha nice projections you have there, buddy.
I bet you also think Murica is the center of the world.

It kinda is user. This is an american website. They translated PW and fucking turned japan into america for the western audience.
They didn't turn it into europe for the various european language releases.

>GOD TIER
Never yielding dragons
>Mid tier
Let it go, and move on
>ELDER GOD TIER
Datz shenanigans

I'm talking from a shitty personality standpoint and how much underhanded shit they do to win the case. If Manfred wasn't a literal psychopath and Payne wasn't a dipshit Nahyuta would take the spot as the worst AA prosecutor.

On another note Rayfa a cute. I hope she makes more appearances in AA games. The insight system was handled really nicely as well and it's a shame it probably won't be brought back in future AA games

>It kinda is user.
It's kinda not.

I'm aware that that's an american site. And Japanifornia is quite ridiculous on itself. I've heard they have French version tho.
sheesh just let me complain in peace.

Yeah, I'm sure you pronounce "Nahyuta" as "Sucking dicks" in Britain.

>tfw can't read anything because i haven't finished the game yet

When will best Inquisitor appear again?

Just as long as you realize how irrelevant you are.

For fuck's sake user I was starting to forget the pain

Snape kills Dumbledore.

>They didn't turn it into europe for the various european language releases.
They turned it into Paris for the French release.

I do

I'm in case 5 and I don't wanna finish it.

>it's a shame it probably won't be brought back in future AA games
Meanwhile we'll have Mood Matrix in every game Athena is in.

>Pussy destroyer

Playing Case 2. Not sure who the murderer is right now. I don't think it's Bonny

Leave before you get spoiled.

I'm pretty sure they will manage to squeeze Rayfa into future games. I've heard, she's quite popular in Japan. And as will all know Capcom just goes full fanservice in every game.

It's Mr. Hat.

It's actually Apollo's father.

He may have "lost" to Wright, but Wright was found guilty of using forged evidence. I'm sure he'd beat Wright if Wright played by the rules.

It's Trucy.

It's Trucy, 2-4 all over again

knew it!

How many times will she get away with murder?

What was Trucy's tic again?

I wish there was one as cool as Kristoph's Devil Hand in this game.

It needs something about phoenix adopting orphans.

Shifting eyes

She's gramarye scum, what do you think?

t. Ratings Rashido or whatever

Case 3 Part 2
>Slut puts up her vision quest
>It's priest man looking at the ground.
>There's no way this could be the prayer mat he was on. It doesn't even look the same and the weather wouldn't allow it.
>Select sight as the contradiction
>PENALTY
>Have to find other dumb contradictions to get to the fact that the sight was the main contradiction

Just fuck my penalties up.

t. the best villain in the game

She's Dahlia's reincarnation.
AA7-
Nick is murdered
Athena is the suspect
Trucy the killer

She's the son of a wizzard and sorceress protected by a crack law squad of a cyborg, a freakshow, and one of the greatest liars. She is basically immune to the law.

>playing through case 5
>Dhurke meets Trucy for the first time
>Tells Apollo that Trucy is wife material
>Trucy goes along for the ride and starts calling Dhurke dad
>This happens multiple times

While the scene was 10/10 I'm legitimately surprised the localization team didn't try and tone down the scene since
Trucy and Apollo are half siblings

Props to them for not doing it though.

The worst place your mind can be in an AA game is too far ahead.

I figured out way too early how the second case murder was done because I saw the shadow too early and I think it was one of the last things you had to prove.
So many penalties.

Forgot to mention that her "big sis" can basically summon the spirits of the dead.

But trucy was born before dahlia died

Yeah is there a fucking reason nobody is telling them that they are Siblings?

Seems like a bad idea to not tell them and then let them spend a lot of unsupervised time together.

it's just a shitty leftover from AJ that never got resolved and never should've been an issue in the first place

Dahlia invaded her body after death. It was easy because the gramarye are already evil bastards.
Muh best twist, muh best villain.

And chief prosecutor himself is on her side as well

gramaryes being terrible people as usual

>inb4 t. mr. reus

> Yeah is there a fucking reason nobody is telling them that they are Siblings?
Everyone ships it.

It's been years since I played AJ so I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure that they're relationship was only told to the reader with the time travel nonsense and the "good end" post game scene after you chose the right option with the Jurist system. I think Phoenix might have an idea about their relationship but hasn't actually confirmed it.

Nah, he knows, he talked with Lamiroir

did she succ him?

Phoenix could tell them.
Although I guess he is respecting the Mother's wishes here.

I crack every time. his expression is priceless.

It's not just the gramaryes, phoenix knew even before thalassa herself yet he didn't bother

That post game-scene is simply Phoenix and Thalassa talking about it, they just say they'll tell them one day.

ngl consdering I love Dahlia I wouldn't mind that being the evil bitch's return

It's worst when you know exactly what you need to do but there are two pieces of evidence for this point, but only one is correct.

Doesn't happen in the game but an example:
"There are no fingerprints on the weapon. I know that he was wearing gloves."

Present > Fingerprint results
Penalty
Present > Gloves
"There are no fingerprint results on the weapon... therefore he was wearing gloves!"

They should make certain evidence link properly when they're clearly leading to the same point.

There's a scene at the very end of AJ that is exactly like the one in SoJ where you're in Lamiroir's first-person perspective and talk to Phoenix about not telling Apollo and Trucy they're related until the time is right.

>until the time is right.
Ergo, when they fug for the first time.

I think they have gotten better with that and there are various points were they let you prove your arguments with more than one piece of evidence.

I'm so happy

Apollo finally gets the game he deserves, and it's an amazing one to boot, they brought back the boring spirits and magatama I hated from the original trilogy and expanded the lore tenfold and made a whole culture and religion out of it

SoJ is hands down imo the best AA game to date, I can't wait to see how they're going to continue the story now that Apollo is in Khura'in

>SoJ is hands down imo the best AA game to date
The honeymoon is strong with this one.

I hated her so much when I thought she was a 20 year old manchild

What the judge said was pretty funny considering I thought that

Yes, probably the best AA game in recent date, I'd put it on par with AA3 and AAI2

Yeah, Blackquill made that case. Although the split personalites stuff was pretty sweet too.

woah woah woah.
Lets not get too far here.

HUE HUE.

I liked it more than AAI2 and I liked that more than any other game

>beginning of case 3
>its revealed that Inmee turned around to face the fountain
>oh well shit, then he obviously impaled himself on its beak or one of its fucking knife blade feathers
>this is pretty much the last thing you point out in the case

I wanna download AAO, but the general ain't up. Anyone have their pastebin?

Then you're a faggot with shit taste that should fuck off.

You figured out that it was a Suicide that early?

Make me buddy

Case 3 was so predictable. I don't understand why people liked it so much.

Cases where I was ahead of the plot:

6-3, and unfortunately, 6-5

Seriously I'm surprised the 6-5 twist caught so many people off guard it was the first thing I suspected when Dhurke just randomly showed up

The ending of that case made me cry.

Actually I didn't, so I can sort of forgive it. Since he was a rebel I figured someone used his fear of Kee'ra to trick him into killing himself. I thought that was retarded though so I was pleasantly surprised when it was revealed to be part of his plan.

>suspected when Dhurke just randomly showed up
That he was already dead?

How?
there was still room for a suspect to be on the shrine and stab him and the seance made it look like anything but suicide

the post-credits scene heavily implied they were going to tell them real soon

6-2
JUST A PRANK BRO, FUCKING GRAMARYES!

6-3
I KILLED MYSELF TO HIDE THE FACT THE POOL'S BLOOD WAS BECAUSE OF MY WIFE

Which one is the most retarded?

We should make new meme tier list with:
A DRAGON NEVER YELDS
It's just a prank, bro
let it go, move on

>tfw finally getting rid of that smugness from Green Gramarye's stupid piece of shit asshole face

Fuck you asshole, you deserve it, and how dare you try to pin the blame on Trucy, Bonnie, and Betty

They're all a bunch of whores, son.

It's just a prank
How the hell do you put a person who knows REAL magic in prison?

I just figured the real killer rused him into doing it. It made too much sense in the seance because
he was facing the fountain
the "kee'ra" we see didn't move a muscle
it was mentioned that kee'ra's dagger was modeled after the features of the warba'ad
the statue is completely covered in blood, and the seance was before you knew Zeh'lot was dead
it was noted in the investigation that the statue had blade like protrusions, or something like that

Keep going!

Yup.

The suspicion grew when Phoenix showed up by his lonesome, and became blatant when his motive for defending Paul was explained

I believe you're looking for this

>all that gloryfication of Magnifi Gramarye in 6-2

Fuck this disgusting pro gramarye propaganda
They are all tricks and gimmicks

I knew that the statue was the murder weapon early on from the sheer amount of blood. It was a bit annoying that no one put 2 and 2 together on that but I didn't get the finer details until shortly before the game brought it up

t. Reus

>being willing to kill yourself to make sure your loved one doesn't go to jail or get executed
>retarded

>6-3
>retarded
You do realize she was also pregnant?

Reus did nothing wrong

Once again Magnifi retarded actions ruined lives

>Trying to drag an innocent person when there could have been other ways to change the water or you could have just killed yourself right there instead of doing all that convoluted shit
>Not fucking retarded

>Reus did nothing wrong

except scarring himself during a trick, proving his ineptitude

>Great
6-5

>Good
6-4. 6-3

>Decent
6-1, 6-2

I think we can all agree with this.

>Apollo doesn't keep his longer hair in AA6

Kinda disappointed about that desu

>they managed to completely change character's demeanor and visual appearance without changing their outfit
Mr. Reus is a fucking work of genius

>retarded actions ruined lives

sounds familiar

6-4 is only decent, but largely because of its short length and lack of investigation bants. 6-1 is probably lower than decent but it's not "Bad". I think 6-4 could have done with a different prosecutor than Nahyuta.

>Expecting everyone to have the same opinions
Nah

>Do this shit you dislike for 12 years, truly you will be the succesor!
>W-well, I liked this DID fuckboy better than you, so yeah, f-fuck off!

What a faggot.

6-4 is the worst case in the game, but still alright.

It was completely in a bubble, felt like a DLC case with no investigation.

Blackquill was nice though.

At least he only injured himself and not fucking blind your assistent and lose in poker to some lawyer

Fuck off gramarye scum

>sounds familiar
yeah

>Reus did nothing wrong
All Gramarye are scum, including Reus

Investigations parts are the worst part of the game though. The trials is where the real deal happens.

6-4 aka fanservice

If I put them in tiers they'd all be great so:

6-3 > 6-5 > 6-2 > 6-4 > 6-1

>Do this shit you dislike for 12 years, truly you will be the successor!
That's the opposite issue, she loved doing it, she was just shit at it. Kind of heartbreaking.

I hope the DLC case is like a flashback or something with Dhurke prosecuting a case before the DC act came into place.

I want to see Prime Minister Inga being really sweet to Rayfa so I can understand why she likes him so much. I don't even know what he would do because he's so rough sounding

>Investigations parts are the worst part of the game though
Somebody get this gut out of here

There's not much distinction between the two, it's a visual novel. It's not like menu diving in a JRPG vs playing battles.

>6-3 > 6-5
Stopped reading right there. Shit taste.

More like

6-5 > 6-3 > 6-2 > 6-1 > 6-4

It was pretty neat how his sweater did turn into more of a cape

I want to FUCK Rayfa's aunt

6-3 ending made me cry and I liked having Maya as a bench companion. sue me.

anyone have a screen of him saying "Let it go, and move on"?

He is talkimg about Baloon magic
She was bad at both but she wanted to do Rakugo while the Master said to continue with Baloon tricks

The murder happened moments before the praying session was scheduled to begin and he was always in them
He was also one of Inga's top fucking lackeys
I think you underestimate the gravity of the situation

wouldn't that classify as yandere

>Trying to make me sad for Zak after the whole 4-1 debacle

Fuck off Shadi bastard

The localization was pretty good though

>comes back just to ruin Phoenix again
Fucking hell.

>tfw that transformation sequence

Yeah, Rakugo isn't exactly Go or whatever, it's not a complex idea.

They even have it in the west, its just not popular and doesn't go by a specific name.

I had to laugh when everyone was describing as leaving "Legal devastation in his wake" and how Apollo and Athena were calling him the "Turnabout Terror"

Yeah, I mean, the stuff most stand up comics do isn't especially far removed, there's just not the pomp and circumstance surrounding it.

I feel like an idiot for not realizing this.

It was Ga'aran not Inga who killed him

I live Mr Reus transformation, i just wish he had more animations than his coin tricks

An attempt was made.

And his music theme. Especially the OST version with ending.

>tricks

No tricks & gimmicks here gramarye scum

We don't deserve Datz

It's like, they don't make these games for the west and the west is a complete after thought when it comes to making them, but they made Datz for us

>next game is AJ2
>first defendant is the Datz

Just finished 6-5 and the series as a whole (for now). Anyone else feels like they dragged this case out like with AAI-5 and Rise from the Ashes? It was a really good one, don't get me wrong, but I dunno, maybe I've played too many Ace Attorney games that I saw too much stuff coming ahead of time.

Here are my thoughts on each case:

>6-1
Decent for a beginning case and introduces the Divinitation Seance gimmick (which I like), but it went on for quite a bit. Praying Jesus theme was good though.

>6-2
Boring case (too much time in explaining the obvious), bad witnesses and mediocre reasons for murders. The culprit's identity was well done and his demeanor and personality were good, but the rest was not up to par.

>6-3
Too long for how little actually happened and too predictable (how could they not see it was suicide after they acknowledge that the statue could kill is beyond me). Besides that, Datz was funny, the high priest animations were amazing and the case was somewhat solid (I personally don't really dig why the guy did it and I didn't give a damn about him, but they are somewhat understandable).

>6-4
Great banter between Nahyuta, Simon and Athena, one of the best witnesses Ace Attorney has ever had in a long time and a very solid case all around. If they have given more time to flesh out the characters (they didn't even need to have an investigation, just a 20-30 minutes introduction would have been fine to build up the murder) this could have been arguarbly the best case in the game.

>6-5
Really good all around, but I will say it again, it was too long for it's own and dragged too much. I really didn't like how they made the culprit so obvious from the start when she shows her true face (Manfred was menacing, but not incredible "is obvious as fuck he is the villain" tier).Otherwise, case was wonderful for Apollo's character development.

>Overall
AAI2 > T&T = SoJ > DD > PW:AA > PLvsAA > AAI1 > DGS > JFA > AJ

>Betty bullying Bonny

Someone save her

It's better think 6-5 as two cases

If they followed the DD route people would've complained

>Manfred isn't obvious

You think a perfect win streak and that demonic OBJECTION voice isn't suspicious? bro

So I'm assuming that AA7 is going to have a two-perspective story with Apollo with Seance/Bracelet gameplay

And Wright/Athena in cases and will have the Mood Matrix stuff

She'll stop the bullying after Trucy gives her a good scissoring.

Anyone feel like AA6 didn't use its previous gimmicks as much?

Apollo used his bracelet a couple times, Wright uses his magatama a couple times and Athena used her mood matrix a couple times, but it didn't feel like enough on any of these fronts

The Magatama was actually used once. But I didn't much because the Seance was used often and it's best gimmick.

Hacking my 3DS tomorrow to play this. Should I play 5 beforehand?

yes

the rest of the main series too if you haven't

>story-driven series
You tell me faggot

Fine by me. Was never fond off the gimmicks

This game is more Apollo Justice than Apollo Justice itself

>tfw can't replay the first game because I get too nostalgic
Anyone else have this?

Well, they tried to cram them all together in one game along with the new ones, so it's understandable.

So it's approrpiately called Phoenix Wright

>6-2
>bad witnesses and mediocre reasons for murders
Can't see how is that true

Should just be called Ace Attorney at this point

More like: "For what purpose", my slavbro.

>Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney is actually about Nick
>Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney SoJ is actually about Apollo
Pottery

I can't play the original trilogy ever again 'cause the investigation mechanics are so shit and I get lost all the time, also worse graphics

Is this loss?

Perceive ia such a shitty gimmick.
At least back in AJ they uses tp be more creative like Kristoph Demon Hand
Now is waaaay too fucking subtle and you need to look for the minor of changes

Eat your soba, athena

NO

Tbh I found it easier in this game

>Phoenix beat Payne on his first ever case. Beat him more times since.
>His first student beat Payne. When Phoenix was the damn defendant.
>His second student beat Payne.
>Payne suddenly thinks he can beat Phoenix in court when he hasn't even stood in a proper trial for years.

Payne is a moron.

Dhurke and Amara where the only really subtle ones.

I spent way too much time on Dhurke's

Fuck off Maya, stop posting.
Payne is god.

>Payne suddenly thinks he can beat Phoenix in court when he hasn't even stood in a proper trial for years
That was a different Payne

Actually she PTSD'd and Phoenix had to rush to the rescue.

Isn't that 2/3rds of the Perceivings?

PERCIEVE PROTIP
If you choose to perceive on a certain section of a statement, but don't confirm, all animations except the perceive animation stop, making it easier to spot

You Perceive Trucy in 6-2 and Pearl in the first part of 6-5.

Yeah, pretty much.

Noticed this during 6-5. Was it like that in AJ too?

Right, i forgot about Pearl's

I reads "Na-yu-ta", no?

Uendo's damage animation (spitting tea into the air) is great. Reminded me of the simple ones from the trilogy.

Paul's damage animation was amazing, too.

The Investigation mechanics are literally the same as they are now, though. Only investigation that was completely undeciphrable shit was 1-3. Fuck that case.

Bonny also

>I really didn't like how they made the culprit so obvious from the start when she shows her true face

In this case, it was less a "I wonder who done it" and more "I wonder how we can prove it without getting our heads blown off".

At least DD and this one have Ace Attorney written more large and centerfront

Just watch the anime, fampai.

I still get a chuckle from just thinking about it.

>keeps adding more and more tape to fix the name plate
>just walks away from a difficult question
Paul was a top tier witness.

There are many QoL changes, the most obvious one is that you always know when interacting with object is going to get you new dialog.

You got two choices

Is Apollo forcing Rayfa to such his dick

or is Apollo being forced to lick Rayfa's feet

>Manfred was menacing, but not incredible "is obvious as fuck he is the villain" tier

nigga what about the part where he fucking tazes you and steals key evidence out of your hands

Apollo is masturbating alone to Trucy whilst Rayfa masturbates alone to Phoenix

>6-2

>Boring

You have massive shit taste

There has never been a more entertaining Case 2 since Stolen Turnabout 3-2

>the card Retinz burns in his animation is an ace of spades

deepest lore

It's because Spades was Magnifi's suit

DEEPEST LORE
E
E
P
E
S
T

L
O
R
E

>Spades
>Hearts
>Diamonds
>Clubs
>Joker

Actually, both Polly and Athena were on the verge of defeat when Nick stepped in. Nick actually had to substitute for Athena, while he also had to throw in an "OBJECTION!" when Polly was close to giving up.

Nick had help from Mia too, though.

>There has never been a more entertaining Case 2 since Stolen Turnabout 3-2
Imprisoned Turnabout
The Fire Witch

6-2 is just another fucking Gramarye shitfest with mentally retarded characters and motives that should've never existed.

It was a nice feeling that the bad guy didnt turn out to be Rayfa's father , by default you were expecting it because that type of character tends to flip the script and act like power is everything

Sarge a best

The final villains for every AA game were always obvious as fuck, except for maybe Engarde and "Simon Keyes" in AAI2, but that's because the last case always revolves taking down the big bad. It was obvious from the start that the final case would be about taking down the corrupt royalty of Khura'in, you just didn't know which one, and after Inga dies, you knew who it had t be by process of elimination. The final case is rarely about who the actual perp is, but rather unearthing the lengths they will go to hide their crime and the twists that come with solving the mysteries.

In terms of reveals, 6-5 was pretty damn great, since all of them involve characters you've come to know well and perhaps even care about.

>People complain 6-4 is filler
>No one says anything about 6-2
Why?

>inb4 Gramarye
It's obvious they made that shit up (green mage) on the spot. I would agree it wasn't filler if it explained somewhere Apollo and Trucy are related, but nope, nothing.

I'd argue Fulbright and Godot weren't that obvious

I mean, unless you (fairly) count Dahlia as the villain of 3-5

Also, Ga'ran was so obvious I actually got tricked into thinking she was a red herring and that it actually was Amara

>introduces some of the main characters of the game
>filler

At the end Phoenix accepts Apollo as a full lawyer and his equal. This alone makes it less "filler" than even 2-4. And ironically every single case in AJ.

I've always wanted to make a big post about how no AA game has filler but I'll just explain this one.

6-2 is important because it's where Phoenix acknowledges Apollo's skills and realizes he can trust him if he can't be there. I don't know if 6-5 would've been as believable if Apollo didn't get them out of that sticky situation earlier in the game.

>Could have introduced Ema and Nayhuta in 6-3 just fine
>Apollo and Athena were shown in 6-1 already before Wright went to Khura'in.

Trucy is a garbage character, so who cares.

>At the end Phoenix accepts Apollo as a full lawyer and his equal.
Done in 6-5. Not necessary here.

>Complaining about 6-4 and 6.2 being filler
>Probably worshipping the original trilogy which has the highest filler ratio

>Could have introduced Ema and Nayhuta in 6-3 just fine

Except missing that huge point about Apollo and Nahyuta knowing each other, and a reason for Ema being in Khura'in

>Anyone in the world worshipping JFA
Is that shit taste even possible?

>Except missing that huge point about Apollo and Nahyuta knowing each other
Point was made again in 6-5. Irrelevant.

>and a reason for Ema being in Khura'in
Could have given any other bullshit reason.