europepmc.org/abstract/med/1113963)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Just ordered this.
No you didn't, you fibber.

Don't underestimate the power of the NEETbucks :3

>Just ordered this
I'm sure you did.
>Did I do good?
Of course not. The only functional difference to a normal desk setup with a decent chair is that you have no reasonably sized surface in front of you to do stuff on, that it requires way more space and that it's more expensive. If you haven't noticed, those are all disadvantages.

It's essentially a wall mounted setup without a desk and with keyboard and mouse surface glued to the chair.

And It looks like fucking droideka. Droidekas are cool.

Actually, OP's setup is a lot more ergonomic in most situations. How often do you find yourself in recommended postures when you browse in front of a desk?

That: is not a "recommended posture". Ergonomics people want you to sit at a desk like pic related. I would much rather replace my chair with a gymnastics ball if I cared about such things.

I'm pretty sure there's a lego one that you'll have much more fun with.

I'm sorry to break it out to you but you have no idea about ergonomics...
>>"Ergonomics people"
Hahaha

nice

Supporting your own back like that all day is terrible for it. Slouch a little, use the back of the chair, but still sit up straight

>Letting your back muscles slowly degenerate and your spinal discs crush into each other is good for you

Well then, what IS good posture, and what are your sources?

I think you're meant to lie at 120 degrees, 90 degree ramrod kills your back and so does slouching forwards

is me
Turns out the website I took that pic from explicitly tells you to support your back with the chair and use pillows if necessary: ergonomics.com.au/how-to-sit-at-a-computer/
Why they put that pic there then is beyond me. And I still want a gym ball at my desk.

where is the computer at?

right side

What's the point of it? Aside looking ugly and your station taking more space than it should I mean.

>there are people ITT who are still sitting in 2016

Oh wow, at least you don't have to save for your retirement I guess.

It looks cool, in a futuristic way. You can feel like space jockey while browsing your favorite hentai site.

Looks like a Necron Tomb Blade too

why is he using it upside down?

kek'd

>Sitting bad for you
>Pogostick in your ass
>Any of us getting any retirement after tens of years of cuts

I don't know where to start.

>>Letting your back muscles slowly degenerate and your spinal discs crush into each other is good for you
Nigger are you retarded? Do you stand ever? Because its good to rely completely on your back muscles when you're standing, but the human form was not evolved to sit in a human engineered chair. We used to squat or crouch with hunched over backs to rest. This study shows (europepmc.org/abstract/med/1113963) that spinal disc pressure is SIGNIFICANTLY higher with no lumbar support

I made my master's thesis on the subject. Read some basics from reputable sources and you'll get a good enough idea, I hope you know source criticism and can look up scientifical texts. Solutions like the one you posted are really only ideal for office setups where they have to conform to certain standards and all workers and most of the time people don't use them properly since they allow slouching.

Thousands upon thousands of years of sitting.
Hundreds of years of sitting on a daily profession.

2000's and its suddenly destroying you.

Health is individual and if your shitty back can't handle it, it doesn't mean everyone elses can't either.

>scientifical texts
>master's thesis
kek

>I made my master's thesis on the subject.
pls share.
Annoying that Cred Forums doesn't let you upload .pdfs like other chans.

My Necrodermis nigga

I'm currently writing an article to be published in a journal on it so I can't post anything ahead of time. Plus it's not in English.