I am concerned with the final quality of this game

I am concerned with the final quality of this game.

Same desu famalam

Aren't we all? Still hopeful tho

Shut up. You arent allowed to doubt or criticize anything related to Sony. They provide perfect entertainment experiences and you fucking DARE to doubt them? You fucking disgust me.

unironically this desu

You mean the game made by a studio that apparently spent the entire previous console generation developing it to the exclusion of anything else and then made a big show out of putting the game out on the next platform (still 3 years in) and then hilariously delayed it after finally setting a release date....might be bad?

Fucking degenerate. Stop badmouthing Sony affiliated studio.

there was some guy that compared trailers and found out they lowered the graphics.
like this is a usual thing now but you'd think ps4 could handle it.

This console generation is such a letdown.

It will be the best PS3 HD remaster yet.

It's been so long and I'm tired. I just stopped caring like I stopped caring for VersusXIII. The game will be a massive disappointment.

I don't fucking understand what's so demanding about the Last Guardian.

Look at this shit, this is a fucking PS2 game. SotC might have ran like shit at times but it's still easily one of the most impressive games on the PS2 and still has a wow factor even to this day.

They said they couldn't get TLG done because of hardware limitations? What the fuck? Is this the same team? TLG looks like a PS3 game, a good looking PS3 game, but a PS3 game nonetheless. What the fuck is up with TLG? What is going on with this game?

>walk slowly
>press button to complete automatic puzzle
>will be 6 hours
>$60
>after waiting 8 years

this game is going to be so garbage, nobody cares bout this anymore

ITT: graphics are the only potential bottleneck

Tip: in a game that relies as heavily on intelligent AI as TLG, there are CPU-bound considerations as well.

Well, unless TLG has an on-rails "AI" that doesn't actually react dynamically to player or environmental actions, it just plays its canned animation to get from one setpiece to the next and waits for the player to trigger whatever he needs to trigger. Assuming the game is a bit more complex than that, though, the AI is a bitch to manage without slowdown, I'd imagine.

It's probably the developer's fault desu.
They're probably overly optimistic and think they can change the way games are played and introduce some crazy bullshit that won't be working. They'll pour effort and development time into this probably fruitless endeavour. I'm guessing the giant bird thing has some crazy AI that allows it to react in a multitude of ways so that the puzzles are able to be tackled multiple ways.

I'm also going to guess that this is causing massive delays in the project and will inevitably disappoint because it'll probably have been easier to just script all it's actions based on triggers and the AI system, if implemented will half work.

This is all speculation, but go ahead and screencap me.

can't wait to see it bomb. after all these years and it will be shit.

Been too long. I can't bother looking forward to the game because this is the only way it won't disappoint me. Think I came to think point when it wasn't a PS4 launch game.

This would work better and be far far easier than the dynamic AI you're dreaming of.

If AI is what's taking so long, it'll be a shitshow.

>p-please validate my opinion!!!

I've played SotC on a ps2 and it didn't look that good, that looks more like a PC upscale or the remaster.

TLG doesn't look like a PS3 game, the textures in the environment are much better than anything I saw last gen on a console, only the player character looks awkward and unpolished.

I dunno, I don't mind waiting for a game if that means the devs are trying to create something unique.
I'd rather wait 8 years for a game than have a subpar, uninspired cash grab within 1 year.
Of course, we don't know if TLG will deliver.

>loved ICO
>hated SotC for its horrible, boredom-inducing clinbing system
>started hating it even more when other games like darksiders or lords of shadows started copying colossi-like bosses
Honestly at this point i don't see how it can end up being good. It's probably better for them to work with SIEJ on helping with games from more talented devs like Fromsoft.

It's being made by the people who made Ico and SotC so yeah, you probably should be concerned

I'm not, what we saw of the game looked fine. If the only issues was bugs and the delay was to hammer them out I see no reason for it to turn out bad.

Why would you be concerned? You know exactly what it's going to be and have for a long time.

It's a style over substance experience with bad gameplay and lots of pointless wandering in a bland world, just like every other Team Ico game. You should know what you're getting into by now.

you do that bro

you wait 8 year cycles for new games. by the time youre 40 youll have played 5 games. you keep waiting for these groundbreaking experiences man, fight the good fight :)

>TLG looks like a PS3 game
That's because it is one, it just happens to be releasing on the PS4.

I'm not

I'm glad there's at least some people who are wise to these bullshit games

Sonyggers btfo lmfao

Every year, another ps4 exclusives. Its japanese shovelware that has a 60-70 on metacritic. No content, no challenge, short, released after 5 years of delays.

This is going to be this years example of this

Considering studios work on releases parallel to each other and don't start at the same time, I'd still get my games.

I wonder if you can tickle its nose with that feather.

Past a certain point, development time gets disconnected from the game quality itself and becomes just a "measure of how much luck" the development team had.
Pokemon Red/Green for example took around 5 years to be made (a freaking gameboy game) and ended up just fine.
But there are examples where they were just polishing a turd for too long, or making several different games under the same name.
TLG probably suffers from extreme buggitis, as in the game have so many bugs and issues, took years to patch the bullshit up.
And i bet most, if not all of em were caused by that digital hell known as the cell CPU.

If those were the only issues, they wouldn't delay the game by such a short amount of time. Any delay is costly and disruptive, and minor problems can be solved with early patches.

Short delays are used to cut your losses and get something in the box that can run