Will 3D platformers ever make a comeback?

Will 3D platformers ever make a comeback?

Who had better 3D platformers, Nintendo or Sony?

What's the best 3D platformer ever made and why is it Sly 2?

Crash a shit and if you like Crash you a shit too.

Nintendo, by far.

>What's the best 3D platformer ever made and why is it Sly 2?
that's not SM64

>Who had better 3D platformers, Nintendo or Sony?
Nintendo. They were much more pure and continuously expanded on the genre itself.
Sony's were great but they leaned heavily on other genres. This wasn't a bad thing, but it dilutes the games as 3D platformers specifically.

crash 1 was shit
never player 2,3,they are probably better.
my favourite is probably sly 2 or Mario galaxy 2

>Will 3D platformers ever make a comeback?
Maybe, only Nintendo makes them anymore though.

Nintendo

YL is a collectathon, not a strict platformer.

>3D platformers
>sony
Holy shit user, how retarded can you get?
back to sonygaf with you

I used to play crash, mario64, and donkey kong 64 as a kid. Besides mario games they just sort of fizzled out. And does spyro count? Because if it does then i played spyro too

Sly Cooper and Sly Cooper 2

Liked Sly Cooper slightly more due to the difficulty

Super Mario 3D World was great.

Is Banjo Kazooie not a 3D platformer? Noone has mentioned it yet.

No, it's a FPS game.

I hope so

Nintendo, no doubt about this, it isn't even debatable. Mario64, Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong64 are already enough to surpass everything sony ever did about 3D platforming.

Sorry for your shit taste.

It's a collectathon with platforming elements.

lmao SM64

the best 3d platformer of all time is Banjo-Kazooie

>This whole post

>Couldn't go into this mode whenever you wanted

Nah.
Best collectathon, maybe, but the platforming elements really aren't that good. Luckily that works fine for the game because there's not a huge focus on platforming anyway.

people need to stop mixing collecthatlons with platformers. Collecthatlons might use a platforming challenge to get you around, but they could be FPS for how much it is worth.
On the N64, banjos are collecthatlons, SM64 or Glover are 3d platformers.
SMS, SMG1&2 and SM3DW are all 3D platformer, with different gameplay loop structure, from more open ended to linear.
The only times where they touch the collecthatlon territory is with coin collection missions, which are not even required. If that's enough ground to be a collecthatlon, even Sonic adventure is fucking one because it has lots of rings to collect.

Mario sunshine is the best I can think of. I like space station silicon valley too but that's not much of a platformer.

Geavity rush is the best, most original 3d platformer of this gen

>Crash is shit.

Much more than likely not. Irrelevant how much we want it.

*Tooie

Is that a mod that lets you go into FPS mode at will?

No, it's Gameshark code that lets you warp anywhere, basically you warp while in FPS mode & you stay like it.

>"it's a collectathon not a platformer"

Fuck off. Do you move in three dimensional space using a variety of movement mechanics to jump across platforms and reach objectives? Fuck off. You don't get to exclude yourself from a genre you're inherently a part of just because you collect things. Pro tip Mario 64 is all about collecting as well, it's still a platformer.

The collectathon line is a weak excuse to justify the fact that the game in question has sub-standard movement options and to avoid direct comparisons actually good games that have both good platforming and involve collecting shit.

Tooie is better in every regard

Tooie is shit in comparison.

No, it's better in every regard

Making a 3D platformer like mario 64 is hard.

Tooie is just a collection of minigames with a whole lot of walking around confusing levels in between them.

No, but there'll continue to be one or two made every year.
Including third party stuff Sony definitely wins.
That's not how you spell Banjo Tooie, user.

Crash 1/2 were okay but 3 was dogshit with way too many gimmicks and CTR is horribly overrated by people who grew up without mario kart or wipeout.