I started playing MGSV for the first time yesterday

I started playing MGSV for the first time yesterday.

The internet is seriously nuts for bashing this game so hard.
I'm having a good time.

Great gameplay
60fps
Fun mechanics
great graphics
interesting characters

to everybody who did not try it out yet
I highly recommend
don't listento these memers

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/637435774162436101
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have you reached the second episode yet?? Come back when you do, that's when the game's flaws became obvious to me.

I loved the game, I didn't look at any of the trailers and I only got into the series the year it released.
It's just fans being pissed off a lot of potential story was missing and none of the holes have been filled in.
Other than that the gameplay itself is excellent and anyone who denies that is an idiot.

i agree, but you have to realize mgsfags didn't want a game, they wanted another movie like mgs4

It's a great game. Just hardcore game padding at the second part and the lackluster story. Like the complete opposite of MGS4's story.

I thought there was enough movie in MGSV

more than enough.

Come back and talk about it after you finish. Never judge a game until you finish watching the credits.

the credits appear every mission

the negativity comes from frustration I guess and not from how the game really is.
Hard to explain I think.

is this your first metal gear? genuine question

OP here.
ok

Just wanted to point out,
so far seems pretty great

When the trailers are better than the game...

MGSV is one of those games that is great but there's so many obvious ways the game could have been improved that it hurts.

OP here

I have played MGS1,2,3,4

problem: I didn't finish any of them,
always 50% and the didn't have the time or opportunity to get through.
But I know all the story

The opening of MGSV is not as iconic and cinematic as MGS1,
but it's good.

I do misss the missions where you are inside a lab or closed scientific futuristic area.

Seems like MgSv all stages are in open environment.

But it's fine

I'm treating it like a different game.
I really like the gameplay so it's fine.
It's good on it's own.

Funny thing is that the broken ass story helps me recommend it to people that never played MGS.

Ground Zeroes is fucking ace. The Phantom Pain not so much.

The story is trash you are playing as the medic in the helicopter from ground zeros and the end leaves Liquid with a Metal gear. The gameplay is fine.

OP again

Where the fuck do I choose the game difficulty.

I think I missed it,
game seems very easy

specially that Slo Mo stuff

I've never died or got caught yet

this user gets it

when you're just riding around Afghanistan with your horse doing missions its great, the second chapter tends to make you jump in and out of the chopper constantly ruining the flow of gameplay

mgs4 is generally disliked because of the huge amount of cutscenes as well as trying to fill in plots from past games, the gameplay is some of my favorite in the series. but the thing mgs5 (and mgs4) were missing the most for me were memorable villians and interesting boss battles

Gameplay wise I just wish there were more facilitys to explore and infiltrate.

no difficulty. you can turn off the reflex mode and marking and the HUD in the settings if you want.

the flaws are starting to appear.
The game is amazing during the hospital escape but that's the best part.

the enemies start using gear to combat your play style, they start using night-vision goggles if you play at night, body-armor and helmets later on if you use lethal weapons as well as shields etc

you can turn off the slow-mo in the options

You don't sadly. Eventually you'll get access to harder missions. You can turn off slow mo (reflex) in settings.

thanks.

A spoiler question

will I come to a point where the gameplay is in a facility aka closed environment.

I hope not every part is in an open wild area.

I really like the aesthetic of those old stages in a military base or lab.

Turn off that reflex action (slow motion) thing right away, it breaks the game.

MGSV is one of the best games ever made for the first 2 hours. Unfortunately after your 5th 90 second unskippable helicopter ride, you start noticing all the flaws

It is great. Be sure to YouTube the easter eggs and secret content/tricks

There's repeat missions in the second chapter, but you can ignore them.

ok guys, will do!

not so much, the closest you get are airports or large bases with a few small labs inside

nothing quite like grozni-grad from mgs3 which was a shame

It really depends on how you are.

MGSV has the worst open world of any game I've ever seen.

You're outside pretty much the whole game, but you do go to a couple of big installations like OKB Zero, Oil Refinery, Airport, a Power Plant.

If you are on PC, install Infinite Heaven.

It's people who are legitimately disappointed they weren't subjected to another game with 12 hours of cutscenes, and there was actually gameplay this time and not continuous interruptions by codec calls and cinematics. Kojima made a mistake by making MGSV mostly about fun gameplay and not some completely incomprehensible conspiracy story

>MGSV has the worst open world of any game I've ever seen.
You didn't played lot of open world games as i see.

Stop giving that idiot (you)s

OP doesn't really care about any of that and is already noticing flaws
please move on about kojima's writing if you hate it that much

it's a good game, yeah, but it's flawed and disappointing for more than just story reasons

>will I come to a point where the gameplay is in a facility aka closed environment.
no
there are no interiors

It's pretty fun, I played like 70 hours of it.

But for the big finale, the MGS to end all MGS games. It was a big let down.

It felt more like a Peace Walker style spinoff than a mainline game. And the open world sort of killed the gameplay a bit and kept it from excelling.

Overall, not a bad game, just a bad finale.

>It felt more like a Peace Walker style spinoff than a mainline game.
Becausse it was.
mobile.twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/637435774162436101

I don't hate Kojima's writing at all, I enjoy how many layers of crazy he manages to inject in all the previous games. I just appreciate MGSV for what it is - a crazy ambitious open world stealth game that falls short narrative-wise, but brings the best gameplay of the series. Can't even be mad about the story when I put in 120hrs and had a great time.

OP here again

how do I open doors like a normal person?

I can only open them by jumping at them.

help

What doors?

when you reach the end you know why we shit on it

>ITT im being a fucking newfag and nobody can stop me lolololololo

If you can open the door, there should be a button prompt in the middle of your screen. If there isn't one, you can't open it.

There were small houses in Afghanistan with doors, I could enter them if I crashed into the door with a jump to the ground.

Can I open them normally?

hold sneak button if you're on PC your character should open the door very slowly now

Yeah, you should, just walk towards them.

Makes sense I suppose. Not counting the fact that it's the last MGS game and it should have been a bit more bombastic, or at least story relevant.

This was supposed to be the game where we finally saw Big Boss turn into a villain, but nope. We don't even play as him.

thanks.

>but brings the best gameplay of the series
Yeah no.

Stealth is almost all in the level design. And MGSV has none.

>Stealth is almost all in the level design. And MGSV has none.
Now you're just being silly

Big Boss became a Zero-like figure and, even though Outer Heaven was supposed to be a country where soldiers would never be used or manipulated, he just went along with using and manipulating one of his soldiers.

He wasn't an evil dude, but he wasn't as much of an angel as Solid Snake.

OP here again.

You guys are real bros.
I really like all the help and feedback I've been getting.

mature and comfy.

Also I already know this dude is Venom sama.

it was unavoidable not to get spoiler while on mgs threads.

sorry, I've seen that statement too many times and jumped to the wrong conclusion
I do have mixed feelings about it myself, but I also put in 370 hours so I can't be complaining too hard

gameplay is very good
story is cringy garbage

still worth playing

Yeah, because sneaking through those copy paste checkpoints sure was a challenge.

There were a few bases that had some interesting things to it, but the none of them were as well made and finely tested as the levels in the previous games. They all just felt lacking.

The base gameplay I agree, was pretty great. The movement, the controls. All that jazz,but the sneaking, the main thing in the series, just didn't feel all that great, and most of that was down to the level design, they should have done it more like GZ instead, with more open but smaller well crafted levels instead.

And coincidentally, the game was almost pointlessly easy. Even for an MGS game. I S-ranked all by 5 missions on my first try, and I was just playing the game normally as I usually do without really trying.

I can't really disagree with any of your criticisms, none that really seemed to matter while I was playing though

Oh don't get me wrong, I had my fair share of fun with it. But I just don't think it has the best gameplay in the series.

For me that probably goes to MGS3. It has the advantage of great level design, but added a lot of interesting mechanics that none of the other games even bothered doing.

MSG5 being bad is a meme. The story falls apart at the end cheapening the whole thing. But one of the finest games ever crafted even with it mountain of flaws.

You know what the game needed? More Subsistence and pure stealth missions. Those are easily the best missions in my opinion and theres only like 4 of them. When you can spawn in with silenced sniper rifles, tranq guns, D Dog and portal fultons the game definitely loses its charm, but its very engaging in the aforementioned modes, its such a shame that they have no intention of doing anything about this.

My best moment in the game was just me, no tranq, no weapons, sneaking into that mountain fortress in Afghanistan.

All I had as my utility was my wits and a few magazines to distract guards.

I mean, if you bring D-Dog you are pretty much unstoppable. One of the most OP things I've ever seen in a game.

not as OP as the parasite suit and armor consumables imo

I dont think Ive ever even used it now that I think about it
>through the whole game I never used any expensive gear
>finished the whole game with stock 1 star AK, tranq gun and sniper rifle with olive camo, with nothing else
When the last mission finished I just kindof made this face. Why all those hundreds of developments when you wont ever need a single one, simply because of the tranq gun and fulton system being there right at the start.

The sneaking suit is the only thing I really needed that wasn't unlocked.

it's available way too early

Everyone loves the game until Chapter 2.

Every time I see a post like this, the OP hasn't reached Chapter 2 yet.

some people like to play around with new equipment, so what

I hardly used anything new either, but it must have been fun for some people

I don't really get this. The game is exactly the same in both chapters.

Come back when you've finished. The game starts great and eventually takes a nose dive.

That has been a bit of an issue with the series since MGS2.

>give you all these neat weapons and shit
>it's a stealth game so I will never get to use them
>showers you in neat gadgets and shit
>no reason to use them since you have a tranq gun

To be fair. The first level is the worst one in the game since it's just one long cinematic.

What was even the point of the twist if you are gonna reveal it in the first 5 minutes?

I liked it too, but after a few hours just stopped playing. It was good, but just so repetitive that I couldn't bring myself to launch it.

It's not that the game is "bad", it's just that there's so many things missing from your typical MGS on top of so many things that could've been done better and you end up with an unfortunate bitter taste in your mouth.

60fps is hardly acceptable in the current year

Play the game for 50 hours OP, you'll start to see why.

Ground Zeroes is not indicative of the experience, assuming you started with that since it's what you posted an image of

Phantom Pain starts off incredible, you may even enjoy the game through and through

But it'll only be because you have no investment in MGS as a series. The intended audience was you.

How about you finish the fucking game first before you recommend shit you barely even played the tutorial of?

The first level is terrible, but not entirely unexpected as a matter of opening missions. Once you reach Afghanistan and you're playing basically free mode MGS, it's pretty good until you reach Africa.

Peace Walker was a mistake.

Fan since 1998. MGSV was good, but could've been great. If it had another year of dev time, it would've been the best game of all time. I'm not even upset that it "didn't feel like a metal gear game." I enjoyed the new take on storytelling and the open world too really. I'm just salty it was clearly unfinished.

You had no expectations OP, so you're loving it. That is great and I wish I was in your shoes. I will forever say it's a good game that could've been an excellent one.

It was released too soon, and suffers from extremely poor level design due to the sandbox maps. There are a small handful of areas in the early game that were clearly given love and attention but the overwhelming majority of encounters are fucking shit and you're forced to replay them half a dozen times each.

>ITT mgsv babbies

Bullshit, it only took me about 5 hours to realize that the whole game was just repetetive "story" missions that all involved just eliminating or saving some nobody. Add that to the barren open world that had no reason to be open, minimal story and cutscenes and almost no bosses and boy do you have a shitfest on your hands

>I didn't finish any of them
Jesus fuck.....not even 1? A game that's only around 7 hours or so?

Kids these days need to have constant explosions and open world in their games or their ADD kicks in

What was missing that could have been done with 1 year extra development?

1 year won't fix an entire game that took 6 years to make.

OP here

>Jesus fuck.....not even 1? A game that's only around 7 hours or so?

Oh fuck, I didn't knew that.
If I knew I would've forced myself.
A friend finished it and got that red invisible belt.

>Kids these days
I'm 26

Actually I played MGS1 when it game out on ps1,
obviously I was too young for the difficulty of the game, always got stuck, that's why I didn't finish it.
Took me 5 hours to get through the intro as a kid.
I couldn't even speak english back then.

We would've gotten KoF and probably a proper buildup to Truth. That's enough for me. I didn't mind the open world.

>KoF
what?

The gameplay is solid, the narrative is rushed in the second part, it needed more missions to even the flow of the story, the second part is so chopped and rushed feeling.
>last mission of the game is destroying a random convoy that has nothing to do with anything
>as soon as its over a cutscene starts that reveals the plot, but had absoloutley nothing to do with what you were just doing. And thats the end of the entire franchise
Very jarring, felt very unnatural like they were going along with the game nicely then suddenly realized they were out of time and just wrapped it up.

Kingdom of the Flies.

bruh lurk some more

mgsv is only good in short bursts, the moment to moment gameplay is excellent.

it's when you put it all in a greater context, where every mission is exactly the same, taking place in the same environment and never progresses the main plot that it all falls apart.

especially in chapter 2, which is clearly unfinished.

overall it's a disappointing ending to a great franchise.

phantom pain should've been a bunch of ground zeroes missions instead two big, bland and empty open worlds.

The worlds would be fine if there were more happening to make it feel alive
>warzone
>its just a bunch of checkpoints and no actual fighting happening anywhere unless you start it
Come on, there shouldve been convoys and patrols all over the place actively fighting eachother, like one faction actively trying to take over the outpost of another faction or running into a rival convoy and shit kicks off in the middle of a field, or you can actively provoke and influence outposts to fight eachother and take advantage of the situation, like the Ai would actively fight for control of the map as you are focused on missions. I dont even mind the amount of missions, its that the world felt so lifeless.

nigga put the "t" too next time