Most pretentious game

What is the most pretentious game on steam?
store.steampowered.com/app/303210/?snr=1_5_9__300
I think this is it

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/529000/
store.steampowered.com/app/409160/
store.steampowered.com/app/27020
store.steampowered.com/app/287600/
store.steampowered.com/app/27020/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

americans need to stop having video game schools full of nu males. they're singlehandedly ruining this media

Here, have some bad asses to calm you down.
store.steampowered.com/app/529000/

>What is the most pretentious game on steam?
the only thing more pretentious than being pretentious is actually using the world to describe something. Nobody with anything of actual merit to say calls things pretentious

dumb frogposter

How very pretentious of you.

fug that's cool. nice music too

Literally all indie games are crap.

It's fine
Canada's to blame for people like Anita.
She literally got a degree from an Ontario University.

"story rich" is the fucking faggiest tag on steam.

And the only thing more pretentious than using the word pretentious is complaining about people who use it

store.steampowered.com/app/409160/
lol
a game where you dont play the game
xD

DJ FISH STICKS IN THE HOUSE!!!!

It's because they had to take out the tag "not a game"
Seriously, what was wrong with that tag

I want it

Keep telling yourself that

You don't understand
Indie devs need to live in the most expensive city in the US because reasons, and if you're not paying them to host parties featuring DJ Fish Sticks, then you're an entitled gamer gater

But No Man Sky is game of the year go-guys

>"hey where'd you guys go?"
>Date doesn't change

Tim Schafer is a dumb honkey.

Let me be even more to the point, calling something pretentious is like pointing in the general direction of something and saying "The nerve of that thing, it wants to be something!"

How is that constructive in anyway shape or form? Of course it wants to be something. If it didn't it wouldn't have ever been made. It's something fucking couch analysts say.

I took a shit.
What does that want to be?

An indie game!

> Super Meat Boy, Shovel Knight, and Terraria are crap

whoever of you made this dank meme title go kys

It's an AGDG game

>Terraria
>good
I don't get it
I tried playing it for an hour, no idea what was going on, nothing seemed to be happening, I wandered around then quit

What does pretentious even mean to you

>I tried playing it for an hour
gentlement, your average ADHD ridden teenager in 2016

If you don't like Nu-Males you can go to Texas and vote for DRUMPF

Boy aren't you glad everyone in anonymous on Cred Forums. Cause I wouldn't want anyone to remember me by that retarded statement.

Classic games are easy to grasp
1.6?
Walk around, shoot people in the face
Doom?
Run around, shoot people in the face

I'd read the manual, but it didn't come with one

>i'm gonna force myself to play for days something i dont enjoy
eat shit . it tastes delicious after a few years , i swear

What's the point of the game?

>Don't play a game
>How can you judge a game you never played?
>Play a game for an hour
>Wow you got ADHD, play the game more
>Play the game for 40 hours
>Well if you played the game for this long, you clearly liked it :^)

I was gonna link to that game, guess OP was right all along.

Remember when people were saying Destiny gets good like 100/200 hours in?

Was that real or just video game stockholm syndrome?

A Congressman *Laugh Track*

I don't think that's pretentious at all. I mean, it's nothing more than a 90 minute monologue and offers literally nothing that couldn't be done in a written article and some screenshots, but it doesn't pretend to be anything deeper than it is.

>pretentious game thread
>no one posted Bioshock yet

DJ FISH DICKS

store.steampowered.com/app/27020

>can't die in the trial
this is the first pay2lose game

I don't think you understand what pretentious means. Look at the fucking description of that game. It tells you everything that happens. That's the most transparent marketing I've seen on Steam. Yeah it's a piece of shit and barely qualifies as a videogame, but it isn't pretentious.

Is journey on Steam? because if so then journey

I don't remember the name of the game but it's the one youtubers played with the suckets and the outlets

don't let dumb frogposters have pepe

Undertale

I had a couple hours of fun touring Beginner's Guide.

I don't know why walking sims make you guys so angry. It's not like they're coming anywhere close to replacing real games.

More than one kind of video game can exist. It's a big medium.

Papers Please.

The way these autistic faggots describe their experience playing it like theyre actually making impact on humanity or something. Get out of your asses idiots.

Existence of people like you genuinely scares me...

Okay I bait,
The only autistic faggot is you for thinking they want to make an impact on humanity

store.steampowered.com/app/287600/

Someone knows how to read

Reddinigger faggot, edgy.

dumb mobile poster

Not him, but FF XIII legit gets better 20hrs in. It still isn't any better than any other FF game, but you can clearly notice the improvement.

Yes, don't know, yes

Yeah those AAA movies sure are great.

I like pretentious games as long as gameplay is solid, I think that they're really interesting.

>game is praised by its story and it feels
>its usually just a "KILLING IS BAD, OK?" or just feelsbait (i.e: LISA)

i'm ok with vidya having a really good story to compensate for gameplay, but come on man, is like people never read a fucking book before

>video game schools

What?

I know that it would be unfair to classify point and clicks as pretentious games, but this game is supposed to be about a woman in a coma dreaming.

And yes I finished it, no idea how I even got it in the first place.

store.steampowered.com/app/27020/

This one, bar none. It's free online, but if you pay five dollars on Steam you can sometimes watch the old woman die.

>those fucking reviews
videogames were a mistake

Probably the most pretentious game i've ever seen in my life, even the main phrase of the game

>HOW DO YOU LOOK FOR SOMEONE WHO CANT BE FOUND

Is pretentious as fuck, the graphics, the "post-modern" RPG which nobody seems to agree on what the hell it means, everything about this game just screams "Indie developer tries too hard"

Also gameplay seems fucking horrible

>2008
They were ahead of their time.

>literal nu-males in the cast
Real fucking great work there.

Came here to post this. What a piece of crap. It was in a Humble Bundle a long time ago, that's where I got it.

Don't you mean infinite?

Post actually good indies

>epic soundtrack
>interesting and fun characters
>great level designs
>the money they earn actually goes into developing the game
>it used to only have 1 zone with like 12 characters, but now it has 3 zones with 32 characters

Also

>devs live in South Africa so they're always in danger of getting lynched by giga niggas so they can't afford luxury items or it'll attract the niggers

Eh, it's free so you can't really complain.

How the fuck do you not grasp Terraria? Shit has the most obvious progression and concept ever. Are you literally retarded?

He was probably bored, same happened with me, i felt like i did nothing for an hour and i just quit

broforce is forced meme trash

>hey look at all these epic references! yo guys still like chuck norris right? RIGHT!?

We have a winner.

Broforce was pretty fun.
Ofcourse it's got the shitty pixel style but the gameplay is real simple and the specials and characters are varied enough to spend quite some hours on in with a friend.

Braid was a brilliant puzzle platformer but probably the most pretentious game I've ever played.

Except that's not what being pretentious is. It's the illusion of depth. It's pretending to be more than it actually is. It's not trying and failing to be something meaningful, it's acting like you are saying something of worth or value when you actually aren't.

How can you fuck up this badly?

>8.99 Euro
>For an hour and a half long game
Why is this allowed?

Yeah. Great puzzle game, but all that "it's secretely about the invention of the atomic bomb!!! dun dun dun duuun!!!!" shit was pathetic.

Dark souls

Games really need to stop trying with the 2deep4u stories

>pic related
But I still really enjoyed it

Journey

You act like there's nothing between 1 and 40.

The perfect bait

>the targets often intersect between indie trash, meme games, SJWs and walking simulators
>look like a fucking retard if you use the word pretentious to describe a game that isn't easy to hate anyway
>look like a fucking retard if you aren't very careful about how you talk about the easy to hate games anyway
>but its still an easy opportunity to appear jaded, cynical and above it all

cue knuckledragging mongoloids on Cred Forums bending over backwards to try to find the right game to shit on and making some of the dumbest posts of all time, then quickly starting to bait each other into making even dumber posts

Good job OP.

Except for the garbage combat this game is really good. Lots of free DLC as well.

>How can you fuck up this badly?
>missing the point this fucking hard
I'm saying it's meaningless considering that anyone can just come and call anything they don't like pretentious

it's subjective and therefore in the eye of those who perceive it. Go eat a fucking gun you dumbass

Gone Home
Her Story
Life is Strange
Undertale

Most pretentious games:

The Stanley Parable
Gone Home
Anything from Double Fine

Most pretentious trailer:

Dead Island CG teaser

Most awesome game that could have been pretentious:

Shadow of the Colossus