Never in my whole life have I failed to complete a videogame because of ''difficulty''...

Never in my whole life have I failed to complete a videogame because of ''difficulty''. And yet this motherfucker here fucks my shit up. What the fuck is wrong with this game? I almost broke my controller out of pure hatred.

Other urls found in this thread:

lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_between_Xbox_360_and_PC_versions
youtu.be/cF9MO8wK8ts
youtu.be/6STeWC9hw18
youtube.com/watch?v=AxdrriH2-mo
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/313082#search=The_Last_remnant
youtube.com/watch?v=DmbdYBdnEGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

git gud retard

>controller
Here's your problem. The game itself is shit, but the console version is like having a turd being shat on top of another turd.

whats wrong with the console version? besides the whole resolution/fps meme

the controllers.

Enemy Scaling is much worse. You have a limit on your leader number, while in pc version you can have every single leader in every single slot. You can also choose which leader will use which skills, so you can actually manipulate the whole class system. And with one single .ini trick you can even edit the equipment of your whole party.
lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_between_Xbox_360_and_PC_versions

It heavily punishes not only grinding, but simply "improper" playstyle as well. There's a certain hidden statistic that is dependent on the number of battles you've had, IIRC, that is the basis for determining the amount of level scaling mods have. Long story short, if you had a shitload of fights without actually levelling up your characters properly during those fights, you're fucked, because all the mobs in the game will be scaled based on the number of fights you've had, but not your own character stats.

IIRC, the "correct" way to play this game is to ling as many mobs you can and kill them off during one fight, so that you get the most stat increases per combat. Do anything else and you're simply digging your own grave.

The Last Remnant is best played with a controller. Even on pc

Why the fuck doesnt the game tell me this? I mean I'm just playing around not knowing shit. So basically I made the game impossible to finish for me?

youtu.be/cF9MO8wK8ts

>Why the fuck doesnt the game tell me this?
Because it's unironically a shit game that's not even worth the 3 Yuro it costs on G2A. Any game that punishes you for playing it "improperly" is not even worth playing.

You just need to kick some A, OP

DEADLOCK

>desert area is the worst area
>has the best music
youtu.be/6STeWC9hw18

Did she get BLACKED?

>Never in my whole life have I failed to complete a videogame because of ''difficulty''.
This is more likely to be an indication that you play scrub games instead of actually challenging titles.

The pc version is great. There's nothing wrong with a game for shitting on you for not playing it properly if it explains how to play it properly. The issue with TLR is that it doesn't do that.

To be fair OP probably didnt have a clue that TLR is the true definition of articial difficulty. Most people have a hard time completing the casualized pc version let alone the 360 version.

You basically have to go full Saiyan and fight the most difficult battles by mopping up all the mobs in one battle and almost die while fighting them. this is the only correct way to to level up and get stronger. If you grind or even just fight weak mobs the whole time you will get your dick pulled through your asshole later in the game.

>There's nothing wrong with a game for shitting on you for not playing it properly if it explains how to play it properly. The issue with TLR is that it doesn't do that.
Yes, and that's why TLR is utter dogshit. Level scaling is cancer in and of itself, but TLR's version of level scaling is like cancer that has cancer itself.

>The pc version is great.
It's shit.

Best girl of any videogame right here
her daughter is okay too.

It's great just like most SaGa games.

pssh I honestly beat him on my first try

Had no clue people found it difficult

>Best girl of any videogame right here
>that spoiler
user, you can't go around saying things like that. Now I have to play this nightmarish game, to see if you're telling the truth!

Not him but they're both pretty fucking great. I really enjoy the characters in this game.

Don't compare this dogshit to a masterpiece like SaGa Frontier, you shit eater. The fundamental flaw of the game having retarded level scaling was not entirely fixed in the PC version, only lessened to some degree and you still have to play the game "correctly".

I dropped this turd at the exact moment of her death.

SaGa frontier has the exact same level scaling dude. It works off the all of the same systems. SaGa is a series of games, not just saga frontier.

>SaGa frontier has the exact same level scaling dude.
No, it doesn't. I've played the game back when I was a kid, grinded mobs to my heart's content and had no problems with any of the bosses, including Mr. Black.

youtube.com/watch?v=AxdrriH2-mo
tfw

You don't understand how battle rank works then. Feel free to look it up. The sprites you run into on the world map never change, but the monsters they turn into on combat is based on your battle rank which is based on how many battles you fought.

SaGa Frontier uses the same system. This isn't a debate it's just a fact.

>Not him but they're both pretty fucking great. I really enjoy the characters in this game.
O-okay, I'll give it a go then. Thanks, anons.

I guess PC is the way to go?

>SaGa Frontier uses the same system.
No, it doesn't. It's not the "same system" when the game is completely playable with any amount of grind in one case and utterly unplayable in the other. mechanically, the systems may be the same, but TLR's level scaling is turned up to 11 and kills any sort of feeling of progress, unless you know how to play it properly beforehand.

Yep. I recommend skimming a guide or the wiki or something, the game is great but it does a piss poor job of explaining itself.

I've never played the console version, but you can grind all you want in the pc version, it works out to be basically the same as frontier, if you fight too many monsters you're not getting stats from the game will get harder than it needs to be. If you grind efficiently the game will be easier than it needs to be.

>if you fight too many monsters you're not getting stats from the game will get harder than it needs to be. If you grind efficiently the game will be easier than it needs to be.
Basically, you're saying that one turd is better than the other, because it stinks less. The fundamentally flawed level scaling mechanic is still in the game and it's still shit, just not as much as the console version.

Personally, I would rather have no level scaling at all and limited XP with no possibility to grind or simple progressive level caps, than this shit.

dont do this to me user

You've really swayed me with all your fecal analogies. At last I truly see the light. Thank you user.

>Thank you user.
No problem.

I still have a soft spot for this game, if only because it manages to be really satisfying when you manage to get everything to click just right and start wrecking shit.

>Yep. I recommend skimming a guide or the wiki or something, the game is great but it does a piss poor job of explaining itself.
Yeah, sounds like a good idea, but it shouldn't be too bad, I managed to play Pathologic with the original translation.
Thanks, user.

Yeah, i loved the battle system. its very unique a compared to most of the traditional JRPGS. making unions is also fun.

I think the best *moment* in my playtgrough was when I was fighting the final boss, and got one of the character unique moves, I think it was rush's.

Not impressive by itself, but it coincided with the boss using overdrive and proceeding to whiff every one of his 5 attacks thanks to the gold moves giving 100% evasion until they're used.

tfw when no r34

rule34.paheal.net/post/view/313082#search=The_Last_remnant

This is what you get with games with level scaling.

Well I'm not that familiar with JRPGs. I expected something along the lines of Final Fantasy because thats also made by Square. And instead I got Ninja Gaiden RPG edition.

>never failed to complete because of difficulty

Play harder games fag

Not OP but TLR's level scaling is bullshit. if you play the game incorrectly it becomes 100% unfinishable. So basically the game can get from challenging to literally impossible. I don't think any other game does that to this extreme.

You can always outlevel the scaling at least on the pc version, I didn't play the console version so I won't speak for it.

Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnd that's how you make a game retarded!

I don't feel any remorse for not touching this turd ever

Yeah the pc version is alot better, I played both and well the pc version is still challenging enough to make it fun, it became alot more balanced. The 360 version however is a fuckton of fuck and you.

git gud

>no one posted the music
Official thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=DmbdYBdnEGw