>too easy to spoof/hack/cheat
>no trading
>no battling others

Niggers will literally attack you

>still makes the news
>still has a general on /vp/
still alive.

>still has a general on /vp/

Why do you think it's impressive for it to have a general on one of the most dead boards still? It'll have one for another two years as there's nothing to ever discuss.

This to be quite honest fab . I'm never playing Pokémon go outside ever again

Felt unrewading
Too little content
Become boring

It's a mobile game, what did you expect?

MFW this is actually true.

True most mobile games are shitty, but that doesnt mean they always HAVE to be

It's over Sonybros, we DID it. The pokenormie menace is under control, I barely ever see people on TV mention it anymore. We did it! Sony it king one again!

I'm so f*king happy...

yeah I remember, I got reminded of it again yesterday when normalfag news were talking about it despite they never talk of games normally

No events to break up the repetition of the little gameplay it had.

what the fuck he just hit the asian boy for nothing
jail this motherfucker

I got out of it once all the gyms in my area became Snorlax/____eon fortresses with no hope of me defeating one unless I played the game for 6 hours a day to powerlevel. Combined with missing features, and nobody I know plays it anymore.

good idea
terrible execution

welcome to the real world where justice is rarely served

wtf I hate niggers now

to be fair, he was in NYC at nighttime

he's just lucky he wasn't in central park

>don't support it
>actively make it worse with updates
>dies out like every other fad

No surprises here, sounds like every other mobile game

>one of the most dead boards
*citation needed

But he was in central park.
The dude stole all of his shit.

I still play daily.

What went wrong? After the initial wow factor of LOL POKEMON IN REAL LIFE wore off, everybody realized there wasn't a game worth playing underneath.

They released a game without any fucking game to it, just a very appealing brand covering up a glorified checklist and grinding simulator.

Granted it still made a gorillion dollars so people calling it a failure are just dumb hipsters, but it could have done even better if it had any substance to keep people around.

It's the no man's sky of mobile games, a lot of missing content that people expected to be patched in soon, and that's not going to happen so everyone dropped it.

>disable tracking
>C&D on 3rd party tracking sites
>disabled playing while driving

Niantic being incompetent
Summer is over

This.. i live in gated community so i don't have to worry about wild niglets attacking me out of nowhere but i would never play it outside these walls

>BLM will defend this

Dumb hipsters? Man, you gotta learn to understand. It's a success as a scam, and a failure as a video game. This is a board about video games. If someone on board about video games calls a video game a failure, they probably mean a failure as a video game.

>Can't play with a rooted phone

Everyone with half a brain roots his phone. I know there are exploits to run it but it's a stupid mentality. People don't use their phones only for Pokemon Go.
Meanwhile, I can still run bots or emulated accounts on PC just fine. Soon the only players left will be cheaters.

If anything it was pretty much going to be a huge fad and that's it.

My flatmate still plays it for some reason and he's fucking pissed with how Niantic handles things. Supposedly they cockblocked all rooted devices and then he had to go through a whole bunch of hoops to be able to actually play using one.

> What went wrong?
> game is still making millions for minimal costs

Why is the nig wearing a camera on his head?

The nerd provoked him by walking alone at night.

Doesnt it still have like 15 million users? Thats not exactly going too wrong.

All of that could be overlooked if the devs would communicate.

and this.

user is silly. Of course the hype would eventually die down (like all new things) but they are still making loads of cash.

As long as they make updates every now and then Pokemon GO is going to stay. They already have a stable base and mobile development is very cheap.

>goes to chruch
>none of kids not walking around in the sidewalks of newark anymore with their phones
>they no longer talk about catching pokemon or where to find them together
>they no longer protect their autistic gyms
>they went back to playing pokemon gba games on their phones via emulator.
Yep the game is dead as fuck. There is no point to playing them game anymore. My little bro hit the high lvl and realized there no one to battle. Glad his back to play console games tho.
I didn't really expect the game to die too early. Subway suffers lasted about 6 or 9 months due to amount new level designs the devs added.

>What went wrong?
summer heat got unbearable where i live.

so im just waiting till winter so its not hot as ball i can comfortable walk everywhere

>events

this, mobile games need events to make people keep playing the game. The appraisal and buddy updates were uninteresting and should have been in the game from the start.

shitty gameplay, even normies are wising up

I dunno OP, the nearest gym here is constantly changing leaders and factions. Doesn't sound dead to me

He was also streaming

>say you're making a Pokemon game
>don't actually make a Pokemon game
>be surprised when people drop the game

Literally blunder of the century.

The lights on the GoPro are so bright that they will obscure his face if he's seen on overhead cameras

I think the real question is why do you keep making the same damn thread every couple of days?

Don't you realise that you're creating conversation even if you are just shitposting, right? Just stop talking about it and let the game die, and while you're at it, stop shitting up my board.

>I still play daily.
Yeah and we aren't the only ones. The gyms in my town are constantly switching teams 3-4 times a day and a lot of the names I recognize are leveling up like crazy. Youtube channels that focus exclusively on this game are also only growing in number and size.

>shitty combat
Yeah, a little bit. It's passable and I like that it is so different from the gameplay of catching pokemon, but really I have no urge to attack gyms because it isn't as fun as aiming a pokeball.

>shitty exp system for evolving/training
I actually like it in this game much more than the regular games. I don't have the time anymore to focus on just a single pokemon indefinitely. I like that the focus is on the trainer and that decides how good your pokemon are.

>tracking fucked
Yup and they need to get off their asses and fix it.

It is, but they keep having new ban waves, and for the most part they work. When I first started playing a month ago there were lvl 32-34s all over the place with Mr. Mimes and maxed Dragonites. All those people vanished after the first wave of bans.

>no trading
Coming eventually.

>no battling others
Coming, but I don't know why you would want it if you didn't like the combat. I honestly don't care either way myself.

>Literally blunder of the century.
Christ, if blunders get you this much fame and money then I want to make one.

>walking with expensive hear on
>in shady looking neighborhood
>also not paying attention to your surroundings
>at night!

He got what he deserved.

>If anything it was pretty much going to be a huge fad and that's it.

You sound like a 90's mother when Pokemon first hit stateside.

>to be fair, he was in NYC at nighttime
>this is somehow acceptable

It's a mobile app for normies

Not a video game

Cannot consider this a video game, OP.

Also:
youtube.com/watch?v=UYx3I9aqy_0

/thread

>300 million downloads
>Still More than 30 million active players
>had more active users than Twitter
>made hundred of millions with barely any good content
>Had an imense impact on 3Ds and 2Ds sales

Nothing i guess it as the biggest success in recent Nintendo history

Ingress was a better geo game.

this.

>shitty combat
shoulda been closer to real pkmn combat
>shitty exp system for evolving/training
>tracking fucked

>no trading
>no battling others
these especially. what the fuck?

Fucking black mages

t. never been on /vp/

Except Niantic made it.

You walk around in the wild, you're gonna run into animals. It's just the way it is, m8.

Its a jammer

>R-r-remember me guys?

Well considering that you make this thread every day it'd be hard to forget

How has he survived for this long is my question.

yes i do you suck.

Just play during the day with a group and not alone at night like a fucking retard. Matter of fact, the only thing you should be doing walking around alone at night is planning a mugging or some b&e.

What fucking fantasy world do you live in, dude?

When I lived in the city and I walked home alone from work in the middle of the night, the last thing I'd do is have my phone fucking out, talking to people online while paying ZERO attention to my surroundings. Keep fucking alert when you're in a situation like that. Otherwise you're putting a literal target on your back.

This.

It's shitty, but think about it.

If you saw someone walk around at night waving their $500 phone around wouldn't you think "Wow what a fucking idiot they're going to get robbed".

I doubt he's that smart. Besides the darkness covers his face enough already ;^]

>you're creating conversation
>stop shitting up my board
You dumb

>Try running with the 5 miles with app opening which is bullshit
>Only registers 1/4th of the distance
That pissed me off enough to never play it again

Too much walking, not enough shit to do, in general.

>introduce Buddy that should be there on day 1
>GPS doesn't even do proper tracking and after walking 5km it only counted me around 2

Great game

Right? When was common sense replaced by, 'robbing people in the middle of the night? Those goddamn niggers are out of control.'

Yet if a female is wearing next to nothing around intoxicated strangers and gets raped, suddenly she wasn't asking for it.

People need to realize the world isn't full of rainbows and sunshine. Use fucking common sense

you don't even need to root your phone to bot. they fucked over legit users while doing absolutely nothing to actually stop botters

member stalking cute girls playing?

Literally me. I run just about 4 miles every day and none of my eggs would hatch, no Pokemon would appear, and poke stops would straight up not work.

This is when the game first came out and the servers were flaming dog shit. Stopped caring by the time they were "fixed"

He dindu nuffin he wuz jus tryin to support his family. that asian was racist

It makes no fucking sense

>You have to walk in order for it to count or we are thinking you are riding a bike/driving

This is bullshit

Considering how you spout this gay meme on MY board like an underage beeyotch instead of paying attention in middle school, I'd say that I didnt pull out of yo momma fast enough.

And people still use bikes to grind it, or drive cars slowly in some parts of the town.

Also there still are botters, albeit being banned more often.

Still the game has almost nothing going on for it after a few days of catching newer pokemon, simply nothing to do there.

>try to take a gym
>people with 2600+CP pokes in there while your best is above 1k at most

>go exploring for pokemon
>literally nothing in sight for miles to end

>use incense/lure
>catch nothing good and it ends after 30 minutes

>You have to walk in order for it to count or we are thinking you are riding a bike/driving
Wow really? I didn't know that was a thing? Fuck that. It's cool they want to get people up and out but if they want to be lazy asses and cheese the game in their car who cares?

It is stupid it register distance based on location and not on how much you have moved.

So if you are walking or running on a track/route it means jack shit, they want you to go a straight line.

>Cred Forums was hyped and excited for Pokemon GO, even passing around a download link before it was up
>game gets popular
>Cred Forums hates it and calls it a failure

Never change guys. Never change.

Why the fuck don't they just use the phones build in pedometer?

WOOORLDSTAAAAAR

Because we hoped it would be good.

It's basically like that Pokemon adventure you wanted to go on when you were a kid watching that shitty anime or playing games on gameboy.

Now it came to reality, but sadly while it got us some excitement from catching newer pokes, it turned boring rather quick because of how little there was to do, and how many features this game didn't have, while it SHOULD.

More like
>game comes out and is a buggy, shallow mess that the devs have no intention of fixing
Every time I see people defend the game they list all of the great stuff that's "coming soon." Well when the fuck is soon? Fix your glitchy fucking game

>2028-12
>living in a shithole city

I go on daily midnight walks through the town everynight with my watch and phone and i've never ran into any trouble in 5 years.

Because you're alert and aware of your surroundings. By doing so you make yourself less of a target. Walk around at midnight with your attention wholly grabbed by your phone and let me know how that works out, dude.

>TFW met emo boy while playing go
Pic related

What are they putting in their food these days?

Estrogen. Also in their water.

>I drink water

What

This image makes me nostalgic for 2008

No substance to the gameplay.

youtube.com/watch?v=ofnSojq-vqI&t=50m15s

Of course I remember it there's a fucking GO related mugging in my city every other day

It is the most artificially difficult game i have ever played and they keep making it more artificially difficult.

They know, the little fuckers know when the ball is in the air and they know the perfect time to dodge it or attack and theres not a goddamn thing you can do about it. Just the other day, I encountered a weedle, waited for the attack, threw the ball, attacked again as the ball was in the air, it's bullshit, literally no fucking window for me to even have a chance to catch it in the one pokeball that a 38 cp weedle is worth.

Theres simply no other word for a 38 cp weedle breaking out of the ball on the first shake and then running away than insulting. It is insulting to the player to have your game function like this.

Kek perfect

>Lures only work the way they're supposed to when theres a triangle of pokestops in the same small vicinity and you stick a lure on all of them

fuck niggerantic

youtube.com/watch?v=2sj2iQyBTQs
Two main concepts of the original game is not present
>trade pokemons
>battle agains other trainers

Ah, and something more
>the level system with candys is a grind fest to app in purchases
>small cities dont have enough pokestops or none
>the game work like shit in some high end cellphones

>trade pokemons
>battle agains other trainers

When the game first came out I had a friend say "add me or whatever" and that's when I realized the game has NO friends system whatsoever. No way to interact with another player in real time. That's the most baffling aspect, you would think this game would have a huge social, online interaction aspect to it.

>success for Nintendo
That's yet to be seen. We'll see if Sun & Moon get the rub enough to overwhelmly exceed expectations. If it doesn't this was a huge failure.

did anyone else just laugh their ass off when they saw this? How stupid do you have to be to put yourself in that situation, what an idiot.

I don't live in a city full of niggers m8

DINDU NUFFIN, DAT ASIAN BOY WUZ OPPRASSIN HIM

>Introduce a buddy system give more candy to level up
>It still takes forever to get a decent number of candy

Even grinding in this game is not fun.

>Because you're alert and aware of your surroundings.
Or maybe he just doesn't live in a shithole.

I know what you mean. It just got to the point where I only spent one ball on

Because that's even easier to spoof

Bruh even large cities can have huge dead zones. I live in Vegas and I need a car to get to the next closest anything.

>It is stupid it register distance based on location and not on how much you have moved.
You realise that registering curves accurately is still distance based except instead of a minute at a time it works seconds or milliseconds at a time, right?

But given how the server has to acknowledge the distance measured per update instead of the game keeping track locally, Niantic won't even let it go under 1 tick a minute.

Niantic probably knows about the strap-pedometer-to-wrist-and-fap trick like every other person who knows what a pedometer is.

I would have enjoyed the game if Vaporeon wasn't the end-all-be-all pokemon. Nobody even uses their favorites because Vaporeon beats the shit out of almost everything and everyone has him.

Vaporeon was nerfed ages ago, dude.

wtf I love niggers now

You are supposed to give them your number you sperg, it's a phone game.

>small cities dont have enough pokestops or none
To be fair, that's your town's Ingress nerds' fault more than anything.

There are farmhouses with multiple stops meters of each other because somebody played Ingress and got their mailbox approved as a portal and then now they spin pokestops on their porch all day.

Niantic closed off portal suggestions months before announcing PoGo so it's not like people had advance notice to submit suggestions anyway.

But yeah, blame your town's Ingress nerds.

Vaporeon's Water Gun nerf reduced it from being uncontested top-tier to top-tier-but-there-are-other-viable-pokemon.

It's still top tier.
What are you going to use instead of a Vaporeon for DPS? An Alakazam? Hah.

I made about 300 bucks with PokemonGo botting.

I'm currently running a modified HeroBot and so far no softbanns, running 25 bots(everyone with a proxxy) in different locations.

So they make a system so butt fucking retarded it doesn't even work half the time in order to stop cheating? Nice game

lel

>have a 1300 jolteon
>gets it's shit pushed in by a 1k flat vaporeon
>but hey buddy system, here's 1 candy per 5 km :)

They actually expect me to gimp (unroot) my phone to play their shitty ingress clone, nope.

It's stupid that the game encourages me to go to the most densely populated areas instead of the least densely populated areas. I stopped playing because I want to wander around nature, not walk through crowded downtown areas. That + tracking being broken, I just stopped playing. I know people who still do, though.

That is the Niantic way, yes

>1300 CP Jolteon losing to a 1k CP Vaporeon
Electric Pokemon got the shaft, but you are doing it wrong.

My 1700 CP Thunderbolt Jolteon can solo 1v1 2k Vaporeons just fine.

its a headlamp

NO PLEASE

>a system so butt fucking retarded it doesn't even work half the time in order to stop cheating?
Well, it don't prevents cheating, just fuck honest players.

>What went wrong?

Wasn't front-ended by Nintendo. Niantic should have only had a bare-minimum influence on the core GPS mechanics and nothing else.

There's no reason why my jolteon got ran over.
>electric type got the shaft
fuck yeah they did, I've only gotten them through eggs, minus one laughably bad electabuzz

God I miss using emo boy ass. Brings me back to the 00's.

A game designed for the average person. They don't realize the average person does something for like a week to a month then drops it off the face of the earth.
It's always been the "hardcore" audiences that bring in the stable dough.

I play every day, and my wife, too. We meet others who play on a daily basis. That's why I'm not posting about it.

I feel ya man

It also doesn't help that there's still no accurate way to tell where a mon is within the app itself

>fat tumblrina feminazi at work says the game is an open beta
>starts saying I'm just being childish, grumpy, and stupid for me saying they ruined the game and its not worth playing anymore
She says because they're still releasing new features and making updates that the game is open beta... If I didn't have to see this fat disgusting foul smelling psychobitch at work several times a week I would never talk to her again.

Are they going to ever release gen 2 Pokemon or are they waiting for everyone to drop the game before they do

It's understandable that implementing battling or trading would require a good deal of time and effort but just adding new Pokemon to the mix shouldn't be nearly as big of a deal. Well, unless they're somehow struggling with figuring out how to implement babies and alternate evolutions assuming they don't want to just make them random like Eevee.

>You only get one candy for filling the buddy meter

continue.

This game made me hate Niantic more than anything. Kudos for having the tech and skill to make it "work", but as a game company, they are an absolute fucking joke. They essentially tried so hard to prevent cheaters that they make the experience for legit players awful. Kinda glad to see no one playing this trash wherever I go now. Even if they do add the shit that should have been there, they already lost so many players that won't come back. Fuck em.

Was he playing GTA GO ?

No trading. No battling. They missed the entire point of the Pokemon series.

It was made by incompetent developers.

School started and kids went back to school.

>candy
>in app purchases
but that's wrong, you can't buy candy. Proes how much you've played.

????????????? As in add them to my contacts because that has nothing to do with the game???????

/vg/ is the only board for actually discussing video games

>shallow as fuck "combat"
>exp walls up the ass when you hit 20
>tracking gone with no replacement yet
>Niantic doing nothing about rampant cheaters
>no interaction with anybody
>people living in the country are fucked

>INSTANTLY trying to make the conversation about rape and muh wimmin
This is the actual reason you don't get laid. Not your appearance. Not your hobbies. Not because you're a FUCKING WHITE MALE without the BBC. It's because you're a cunt, and every word that comes out of your mouth is just whining. Nobody wants to be around a whiner.

Just thought you should know.

>Level 21 with 300,000 xp
>Starting to require hundreds of thousands of xp for just one level
>1.7 million xp to level 30

And then once I get there its millons of xp just for 1 level. Either they have a very long term plan with this game, since it would take me 3 lucky egg mass evolutions a month to reach the level cap within the next 6 months, or they're the complete fucking retards they've proven themselves to be thus far

But that's wrong

>New gimmick reeled in casuals
>as time goes on the novelty fades
hmmm.

>you will never release a nano virus into NYC that instantly kills all niggers but leaves everyone else alone

Ney york city is a literal shithole

Jigaboo jigaboo gonna get you!

Wasn't that the enclave's plan in fallout 3 but with mutants

Pokemon Shuffle still gets generals.

I think one of the glaring flaws the game has is that Pokemon appear in specific locations and then leave after a while.. Like it's just an obvious clone of Ingress and then skinned over with Pokemon. What they should have done is made it so you go to a location and then scan for pokemon, kind of like looking through tall grass. That way you don't have to so much go to a certain area to find a pokemon but finding an area that makes sense will get you Pokemon of that type. Are you near water? Scan and you'll find water Pokemon. At a park or grassy area? You'll find normal, rock, ground, grass, flying, and bug types. Near a school? Psychic. Is it sunny? Fire types will be more common. Is it night time? Ghosts will be common? Near a gas station? Poison types. Power plant or something electricy? Electric types. Instead you go all the way to some place with a pokestop or two and there's the same 2-3 types of pokemon always there with MAYBE an uncommon or rare pokemon somewhere within a mile of your location but now you have no fucking idea what direction to go or how far away it is. They force you to go too far out of your way to even get a glimpse of something on your radar. The catching system is fucked up too. So the easiest way to level up is to catch rats and birds.. and as you level up the rats and birds get tougher to catch yet evolved forms offer no bonus at all and are a waste of pokeballs. They don't even give more candy or exp if you catch them.. or even if you transfer them making it useless to catch anything but the basic forms of pokemon which drastically reduces the need to catch anything but the same 20 fucking pokemon. I'm not trying to drive 10 miles somewhere to find 1 new pokemon either, they either should have made it balls to the wall difficult to find shit or a lot easier. If trading existed, you could trade them for stuff not in your area like pokemon from a different version

literally no gameplay

>living in 'murica
I forgot my fucking wallet at a local pub and someone dropped it in my mailbox a few hours later with nothing missing.

Goddamn, Black people. This is why people hate us. We act like wild animals and people treat us as such. I'm so ashamed.

prevented root and jailbreak players from playing

>made 10cp pokemon hard to catch
>catching the same pokemon over and over and over again
>banes the use of 3rd party apps
>still no decent battle system
>still no trading after 3+months
>still no battling others
>gyms with near impossible to beat Max CP pokemon

Everyone who didn't suck pokemons cock said it was a fad but nooo. No one listened and just called you a hater who hates exercise

I'll take, "Things a Black Man Would Never Say," for 1000 Alex.

No he's smart by not living near niggers

This.

I'm walked back home drunk as fuck for years without any problem. I'm pretty big tho.

>living in a country with niggers

>one of the most dead boards
>literally the board with second most traffic

you are fucking retarded, memester

What did that have anything to do with what he said?

>need 25k to level up
>fastest way to do this would be weedles or any other 12 candy/evolution pockemon
>every weedle gives you 100xp+1/3*500=266,7 xp each
>need to catch about 100 weedles for a single level
Sure, you'll get trickle xp from pokestops but then you'll also get a bunch of useless pokemon that take 25 or 50 candies per evolution. It just becomes a boring grind so quickly

Is it true they got a massive drop after they block people with jailbreak and rooted phones?

>shady looking neighbourhood

that is the FUCKING CENTRAL PARK

Even if that weirdly obsessed shit was true, that doesn't make him wrong.

Oh well, you'll fit right in here.

A developer somehow worse than actual Nintendo.