Why are video games generally socially unacceptable? Is it because video games are for children? If so...

Why are video games generally socially unacceptable? Is it because video games are for children? If so, how do I grow out of video games? Or is it a natural process that happens to normal people only?

OLD PEOPLE DONT GET VIDEO GAMES BECAUSE THEY ARE OLD AND DIDNT GROW UP WITH THEM

PARENTS OFTEN FEEL PRESSURE TO BE GOOD PARENTS AND LOOK TO THEIR PARENTS FOR WHAT IS NORMALLY ACCEPTED BEHAVIOR OF A PARENT AND OFTEN QUIT GAMES BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY SHOULD

BUT THE REALITY IS

NO ONE IS TOO OLD FOR ANYTHING

GOING TO A THEME PARK NEVER STOPS BEING ENJOYABLE

YOU JUST HAVE OTHER COMMITMENTS

video games aren't socially unacceptable, and haven't been for a while lol
u prolly don't get out much

>Why are video games generally socially unacceptable?

Why are you worried about this? Society revolves around taking pictures of yourself and your food every five minutes, and getting excited when someone puts a little picture of a thumbs up on it. Society revolves around cooking shows watched by people that can't cook, singing shows watched by people who can't sing and and fashion shows watched by people who couldn't hope to fit in this clothes.

Society is tricking yourself into a selfie pic of some slut on tinder might be "the one", and tricking yourself into thinking that anyone might have something useful to say in 140 characters.

It's pretty clear at this point that society has no idea what might be useful or enriching or even mildly entertaining. You could spend your entire life eating cheetos and playing LoL and you'd still be doing more than most people.

Why be worried about being accepted by these people?

>how do I grow out of video games?
start with leaving Cred Forums
ages

Because in the eyes of societe videogames are either a low powerlevel passtime available to any normie and thus no different from watching tv or an obsession that treats an incomprehensible subject

i want to fuck that cunny

>user! Stop playing videogames! They are bad for youre eyes!
>said the 8+ hours tv user

>cunny

I'm triggered every time.

You're not the only one. As a matter of fat, I pet he pushed his asian pecker into her already.

>cunnny
Hello cancer

man i really love you just a while ago there was a poll on another forum about religion and atheism and atheism had the highest votes, thats the kind of society we live half of the people try super hard to fit in and other half just act different just for the sake of being different and both of the groups are never able to satisfy their insecurities they have to depend on others for their own hapiness and entertainment, but so far videogames go you don't have to depend on anyone to enjoy yourself no need to update status and wait for comments no need to capture pics of yourself routinely to fish likes just you and videogames. there is a friend of mine who was not even able to study when he was alone, or enjoy fast food alone he needed freinds for literally everything, thats pathetic.

This.

wow he touched her
how shameful

Indeed

why do you allow yourself to be shamed for having a hobby and enjoying it?

so basically what you're saying is you've never interacted with a person who was over the age of 21?

> you've never interacted with a person who was over the age of 21?

You grossly overestimate people, friend. I'm 33 now, and even my "peers" are constantly preening themselves for selfies and talking inane shit about the TV singing shows they say the previous night.

They've spent the last two weeks talking about how "brave" cripples are for playing fucking basketball at the olympics. Without wanting to be edgy, i'd rather be dead that have to live that way.

get better friends then, because i'm 26 and most of my friends wouldn't give a shit about the paralympics. honestly it sounds like most of your friends are women, that's something you should try to fix.

What's his name again?

>get better friends then

My friends are fine. I'm quite selective with them. but my friends aren't "society", and neither are yours.

i think my friends are better representative of society if your friends unironically watch wheelchair basketball. they're all women, aren't they?

I never get shit for liking games.

>my friends are better than your friends

>Why are video games generally socially unacceptable?

They aren't. They are about as mainstream as you can get now. Why are you guys still living in the 80s?

> if your friends unironically watch wheelchair basketball. they're all women, aren't they?

My friends don't do that. Those people are all people I am forced to be around. Co-workers,etc.

If my friends did anything like what most of society do, I wouldn't bother with them again.

Justin Wong.

>Its a "I don't know whats socially acceptable cus i dont go out much but im gonna shit on videogames and myself because I think that acting with utter contempt towards things I enjoy/myself because I think thats what people do and my HS bullies taught me" episode

AKA quentin thread

oh well that's different. co-workers tend to make small talk, people rarely open up to their co-workers.

Just wait for pedos to be considered an oppressed minority and you will be able to.

Just Wong It In brother

That isn't excuse enough for me, really. There's a difference between not opening up, and spending all your time on facebook, talking about sports or cars, etc.

Again, I don't know why people find themselves aching for the acceptance of such people.

there's no difference between talking about sports and talking about video games, they're both hobbies that are equally useless.

>"LOL user you play video games?"
>"Wow way to waste your life lol that's so dumb"
>person proceeds to sit and watch shows and movies all day
>or person proceeds to smoke weed all day
>or person proceeds to spend money on their car which they just drive around all day thinking people are impressed

The hypocrisy is pretty funny desu.

This holy shit

Normalfags are riding us all into absurdity and think what they're doing is the way to live.

We're talking about the social acceptability of these things, though. In that sense, they are different.

>A 40 year old sports fan? par for the course.

>A 40 year old video games fan? Do NOT let him touch you.

#pedorevolution

it will happen under hillary

America must be pretty depressing if the population is that tied up with social media and consumerism.

fuckin a, still gonna love blowjobs when I'm 90

don't tell ME who I can't fuck

it all depends on who's judging you. a lot of people think following sports teams are for kids and adults shouldn't be interested in something so counterproductive.

america is just about the least depressing place on earth. there's always something going on here.

Well, yes..but the inclusion of that thinking makes the conversation utterly moot.

>some people don't..

sure, but judging by most evidence we see, hear, and...let's be honest..have to suffer, the overwhelming majority of society is made up lowest common denominator idiots.

This isn't the 90s anymore. Everyone loves video games.