How do I into Zayra?

How do I into Zayra?

I'm so fucking bad with her it isn't even funny. I do all the right stuff (I think): Hang back on the front lines shielding teammates and tanking with my own shield, tracking people with my beam, I always let people know when my ult is up, etc etc. But I still feel completely useless for some reason, like I'm just pretend helping. Meanwhile, everyone else who uses her seems able to go full Rambo and shred the opposing team on their own. What am I doing wrong?

gotta bait people into filling up your shield and have a heal that realizes that if they keep you full you're gonna be an unstoppable wall that the enemy won't be able to get past

Press Shift.

I heard that really helps.

Every time I try her I get killed so easily, 200 hp shield on a 12sec cooldown please.

whats your points ranking OP

Bomb that choke point baybee

never noticed this before but HOLY SHIT SHE HAS THICC LEGS JUST LOOK AT THEM

She's a ducking olympic height lifter who carries around a particle cannon.

The fuck did you think.

Like 3100 ( Not sure of the exact number). I'm not a bad player by any means, I mostly use Rein, Lucio, Winston, Soldier and Mei, and I'm good with all of them in the right situations, but I'm trying to branch out and git gud with other heroes now.

Grenades are great spacing tools, they should be your primary probing tool and are great for picking of low hp targets.

Shield as a reactive thing not a proactive measure.

The hitboxes on the beam are fucking stupid and its just experience to get used to it.

always shield your allies ahead of time. you get so much charge that way.

also the beam has a shit ton of range. you can easily hit somebody one story above you.

>this annoying fucking mei poster

Oh, and addendum, the higher your charge the more passive damage your ult does too.

step 1: bully
step 2: bully some more
step 3: acquire maximum charge
step 4: go ham
step 5: victory

strange that you would end up in 3100
guess the game requires no skill and you got there by luck

>implying this season'srankings matetr at all
Enjoy getting placed and then dropping like a lead anchor. Season 2's matchmaking and ranking system is seriously fucked. They need to just revert back to the way Season 1 was.

its the same as it was in season 1

lose more and you drop, win more than you lose and you rise up

im thinking that strong muscle girl as a cock slave would be fun. fucking dominate that bitch

>They need to just revert back to the way Season 1 was.
>rank 40s matched up with rank 70s
yeah no
neither system works, but this is a thing that improves over time as they figure things out

Why is that strange? I started out at 2700 and slowly worked my way into diamond, which is where I've been for the past 20 hours or so (I've yet to drop below 3000 since hitting diamond). Like I said, I don't use Zayra much, I'm way more effective when I use one of my """mains""".

While we're here, I should ask a question as well

Say I'm playing something like Bastion of Junkrat to be a dick, and Zarya gets caught in my trap/is in the open where the minigun is at its prime and she shields herself.

Should I be busting the shield to wear it out and finish her, or wait for it to go away and risk her escaping?

You definitely have the DPS as either character to burst down her shield and health before she can do much about it, but whether or not you should do it highly depends on the situation and that's something you'll just have to learn.

Depends on how many of her teammates are there and how much health you have. If you have high health and can get her without her teammates ripping you to shreds then go for it.

Pants are just baggy, her weightlifter skin has more normal sized legs.

Too bad tyour'e wrong. You can maintain an esact 50% winrate and drop. Most people, myself included, are abiove 50% winrate in ranked and are still somehow dropping.

Huh. Think I'll play it safe in that case. Thanks

yes because you do worse when losing than you do good as winning

if the system decides you did very well or carried the team and won multiple medcals whatever you lose less ranking points

only the very beginning (after you finish you've already the first 10 placement matches) is it more skewed towards you moving up the ranking