What exactly does this game have going for it?

What exactly does this game have going for it?

Based on the demo and trailers it isn't scary, isn't fun, and we all know Capcom doesn't have a capable creative director among its staff. Other than the graphics, is there anything that makes this game worth buying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tgzKbctSuIg
youtube.com/watch?v=a1Xetp4jVPU&list=PL244F7EDC5EC321D6&index=21
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>isnt scary

This is the only RE game that is scary at any level.

> isn't fun

i guess the originals werent fun either because you werent shooting at massive zombie hordes

>I'm glad their taking it in such a radical new direction
>It's not that different from RE4
>It's not just a Twitch/Jewtube bait game
Get ready to see a lot of these types of responses.

The truth is that the majority of genuine RE fans aren't liking what they're seeing either.

>This is the only RE [teaser] that is scary
Confirmed for never playing the classics. I wouldn't be surprised if your first RE game was 5.

>zombie hordes
You're thinking of Dead Rising.

The direction they seem to be going with both in terms of aesthetics and scares is familiarity. PT and Outlast are key inspirations in terms of gameplay, and Texas Chainsaw and Hills Have Eyes are the foundation of the style.

A new Resident Evil that isn't 100% action sounds great. The only RE game that was remotely scary as a whole was REmake, this one looks like it's going to be a homage to B horror movies like the original 3 games were.

The classics were laughable. Only children would find those scary.

>originals
>scary

They never were.

>REmake is the only scary RE
Go fuck yourself, kid.

I include CV in the classics myself, and that game is scary.

Nope.
Not a single RE game is scary.
The closest you get to scary is RE7.

Resident Evil was never scary.

This game isn't scary either but I appreciate them trying to do something new with the franchise even if it just ripping off P.T and Outlast.

It is, as a whole. RE2 and 3 have scary parts, but you have so much firepower in both games that the only truly frightening enemies are Willy B., Mr. X, and Nemesis.

2 is probably the scariest of the original games, mostly because the soundtrack is GOAT.

Kill yourself for having such a shit opinion

Epic comeback

>dat police station basement theme
youtube.com/watch?v=tgzKbctSuIg

Also, the music for the battle on the elevator made me shit myself when I was a kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=a1Xetp4jVPU&list=PL244F7EDC5EC321D6&index=21

Why don't video games have coherent, effective musical scores anymore?

ITT: Faggots pretend that RE7 isn't an abortion

the resident evil games were very scary
unfortunately you had to experience them as a fresh new genre and you had to do it back then

I did.

Wow the dog jumped through the window guess I should shit myself!

resident evil 2 isnt a scary game and isnt horror huh
okay retard

>This is the only RE game that is scary at any level.
Agreed, 4-6 were not remotely scary, 1-3 were scary as kid but not at all these days

I can accept that you could find the other games lacking in horror. However, claiming that 7 is scary or the closest to it is absolute horseshit.

VII is a meme game. It's a rip-off of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre with a first person camera and scripted bullshit everywhere you turn.

Get a room, shitters.

if you expect anyone to take you seriously you should stop being a contrarian faggot and also stop using "meme" at all because to only meme here is you. a memeshitposter

It isn't and I didn't say it isn't a horror game.

Look dude you played it when you were 7 so you got scared, thats fine. But it isn't scary.

>brings up that famous scripted jumpscare
Really tells you a lot.

Nice counterpoints there, dumbass.

>re7 is classic re game and its what a vocal part of the fans wanted
found the contrarian meme shitposter

>1996 RE1 has jumpscares

WOW THAT A CLASSIC! GREATEST SURVIVAL HORROR GAME EVER

>2016 RE7 has jumpscares

WOW WHAT A FUCKING MEMEGAME KYS CAPCOM

>bu-but we are not a bunch of contrarian faggots!!!

you still couldnt come up with shit, congrats retard

>making up shit that i didnt even say

retard no. 2

The difference being the amount of them. Also, RE7 is obviously trying to appeal to casual faggots who watch videos/streams of other people playing horror games.

Resident Evil fanbase is retarded. They hate every new game in the series and love the previous one. When Resident Evil 8 will come out people here will praise Resident Evil 7.

Ok, that's a shitty analogy. In 1996, a dog jumping through a window or a big guy crashing through a wall was scary. In 2017, the same shit isn't scary because we've seen it 20 billion times in other games and we expect something to jump out at us in a horror game. It's a cliche and it is no longer an effective scare tactic.

I came up with to which you responded "meme".

Get fucked.

Do you honestly believe anyone besides Adam Sessler and the entire staff at Polygon/Kotaku praises RE1 as a great, let alone passable, survival horror game?

>In 1996, a dog jumping through a window or a big guy crashing through a wall was scary

not it wasnt scary even back then

>In 2017, the same shit isn't scary

please show me the "same shit" in RE7

Wow, you're so insightful and observant. I bet you're the first person to ever say that kind of statement too.

That's bullshit. People love 4, thought 5 was a step in the wrong direction but was mostly enjoyable, and didn't enjoy 6 because it completely abandoned the survival horror shit and became a generic TPS.

>first person horror game that has WEAPONS
It's the only saviour of the dying horror genre which turned into a hide-and-seek galore.

topkek

>every RE VII thread attracts blockheaded shit-eaters
Just like the game itself.

My bad. Meant to put but you already knew that.

>not it wasnt scary even back then

If you were a kid (which I was), then yes, it was scary the first time it happened. RE2 had a lot more jumpscares and aside from a few standouts (the arms reaching through the boarded up windows and Mr. X breaking down the wall) they weren't scary at all because we had already seen them in the previous game.

>42 replies
>8 posters
Nice thread.

RE VII marketers are persistent.

discussion on this site is a lot worse than it is on reddit

Assuming this isn't bait, you should go back there.

faggots pretend that the latter half of 4, all of 5, 6 and 7 weren't abortions

At least 4, 5, and 6 have great costumes and Mercs.

4 was a perfect storm. Latter half was fun as fuck.

>not action
>the only thing that post 3 was good at
pandering to nobdies, we'll see how well it does