youtube.com/watch?v=on9rVl77ixQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oQgZqIiZnqo
youtube.com/watch?v=B1y4c11rg78
youtube.com/watch?v=J8TO5oceJ14
youtube.com/watch?v=33NMz537iVk
youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs
battlelog.co/
youtube.com/watch?v=9A-aL49F0Jc
joinaclan.com/2010/04/battlefield-bad-company-2-weapon-damage-chart-and-other-breakdowns/
youtube.com/watch?v=BTi8TaKV4QY
shaytastic.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=11
youtube.com/watch?v=gw_6ZCZM8VY
youtube.com/watch?v=7VKRHb7nICM
steamcommunity.com/groups/2and2142reviveproject
youtube.com/watch?v=gFpHm8kfVa4
steamcommunity.com/groups/2and2142Thevidyarevive
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

inb4 the Refractor engine generation comes in with their goggles on tight

>What is something an underage consolefaggot would say?

I really don't know what went wrong with BF3 but it just didn't feel right and isn't much fun.

Releasing BF4 as a new game was a total joke and has put me off the series forever. BF1 I've played on Xbone and that was a resounding turd.

Bad Company 2 was a fun game, but it wasn't traditional Battlefield. I enjoyed playing it though.

>can't run diagonally
>definitive experience

This

>tfw the XM8 rifle was cancelled

BC2 was a fun game but I have to be honost and say that BF3 captured the BF experience much better than BC2. Plus once you felt how fluid the movement and combat was in BF3 you really started to notice how clunky BC2 was.

this. clearly never played BF2 or any others before it.

BF1 is out tomorrow friend

>conquest sucks dick and none of the maps do it well
>no jets whatsoever
>helicopters and tanks arguably the most OP they ever are in the series, no good ways to deal with them, especially if they have a pocket healer
>guns all have 0 recoil but are weak as shit

No

You do know we're still on September, right user?

>run diagonally

This. It evolved the Battlefield formula by introducing better gunplay and streamlining the million classes that were in Battlefield 2 but in the end were all the same to 4 classes that are fundamentally different. It also made the maps smaller which focuses the action and removes the issue with the "main" Battlefield games which is that a big portion of the game is spent running after the action for minutes on end which by itself is intrinsically boring.

I wish.

>Running for MINUTES in the main Battlefield games
What?

youtube.com/watch?v=D0fnLyqOS-0

>buy a copy of Bad Company 2 for the pc since I miss it so much (and heard the game is pretty much alive)
>my cd lector ain't working

Welp now I have to wait for october to grab an external cd reader to play this

I don't know why you'd bother but you can just put the key into origin and download it.

It's not fun to spawn and then have to either wait X amount of time for a vehicle and then drive to the focus of the action on the battle field or just spring towards the action from the get go.

Fact of the mather is that Battlefield rewards camping by punishing players that take more risks and play the objective by having to wait for a respawn upon death and run back to the battlefield which feels like a chore.

What?

Oh fuck I gotta try that, I didnt knew you could do that!

You made some spanish user very happy, I was missing this game so much

nigger, either activate the key, or get in touch with origin support and get them to add it to your account

>rush is the main game mode
>definitive Battlefield experience

That's not even remotely true at all and shows that either you've never played them at all or you're unfathomably shit at video games.

Last good Battlefield was 2142 but that's where they also slowly began reducing the classes, pushing in dlc shit etc.

2142 also had literal spyware in it.

Can you do that on Steam, or only in Origin?

the only good thing in bc2 is the hitreg after the 2142 spray duels

>I don't have any arguments so I'm just gonna insult you.
When did they tell you you are autistic, user?

>What is 1942/Forgotten Hope 1/Vietnam/2142 or even 2

You have shit taste.

Wait, what. Really?

>le melting norails fishgun

I've been playing since 1942. BC2 has been the best, closely followed by 1943. I'm having fun with BF4 now, which itself is a better version of BF2

How did you not know that?

I played like 15 minutes of BC2.

Take your fuckin goggles off m8. Battlefield has barely changed

yeah the gun kind of grew on me

Only origin

and here I had my hopes up

>mfw i just started a new account 40 mins ago, went on a 40/7 tear with the starting sniper
the movement is fucked though
just want the Gol though
unf that gun

Of course, nothing changed from Battlefield 2/2142 to BC2, or from BC2 to BF3/BF4.

I think you need glasses.

Wake me up when we get naval combat again.

BC2 was the peak of fun in DICE's career as game developers. They've been spiraling deeper and deeper into sheer boredom ever since. BF1 is probably the most barren, one-note FPS I've played besides Battlefront.

just turn dumbass

bf4 has naval combat but nowhere as bf1942, bf1 has a battleship but this is all we know so far

People still play? Wondering if I should reinstall.

What did they mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=L-GNest0s8E

BC2 is still active, yeah.

Fuck it, reinstalling at 20MB/sec

Played BF2 on PC long before BFBC2 came out, and I had more fun with BC2. Quit it with the older = better meme.

BF2 Modern Combat beats both though.

In BF4 you only get to use attack boats for combat, jetskis, hovercrafts and rhib boats are only for transport, the game doesn't have submarines, battleships etc.. like in BF1942

youtube.com/watch?v=2X8oGy4G7tM

in Naval Strike DLC you get a carrier but you can't control it, its only there for the carrier assault game mode which works similarly to BF2142's titan mode.

This I love how consolebabies act so smug all the time while they always regard the downgraded casual games as "the definite experience".

>that curve all the way in the distance

Shit like that's really amazing, makes me feel small.

Good riddance. Useless melt-happy piece of plastic with special snowflake accessories and incompatible attachments with any other rifle.

But BC2 was just babbys first BF, it's horrible and the first one to really cater towards CoDfags, it's all down hill from there.

After buying BF4 this weekend I can't agree more, but I DON'T KNOW WHY

BF4 is kinda not fun.

It's just not the same as Bad Company 2

I think it's the movement speed. In BC2 it's a bit slow, and it's cool, because positioning works with the destructible enviroment. In BF4 everyone is running around with scissors and dying stupidly.

BC2 had smaller maps and fewer vehicles, making them important on the battlefield. BF4 has big ass maps with nothing in between and too much of clusterfucks.

I recently installed bf2 with the revive client and while the game is still really fun its has a few problems.

The shooting is way too inaccurate. You have to be either completely still or prone to hit anything. Which is why dolphin diving is the necessary to kill anyone. Also, while the classes are definitely cool there are some that really should have condensed down. Anti-tank/engi, spec-ops/recon.

Besides that it's pretty damn fun.

Given how CoD looks more fun than BF and its copycats now, they fucked themselves up.

>being this assfrustrated that BC2 shits on BF2 from a great height.

How is that 10foot draw distance working out for you, BF2?

>6 years later and Bad Company 2 still the definitive babby's first Battlefield experience.

>Dolphin diving
>Grenade spam
>Jets dominating everybody else, destroying your vehicles at your base as soon as they spawn and forcing you to walk all the wal accross the map
>Stamina system for sprinting
>No destruction

BF2 nostalgiafags are the Quakefags of military shooters. Almost as bad as Armafags.

It's a fisheye camera, no pun intended

But nowhere near as bad as 12 year old children defending bad CoD knockoffs.

Oh.

Well know I feel fuckin' dumb.

Don't forget the 2d sprites for iron sights, and static weapon models

In every BFBC2 thread I've been, BF2fags were always the first to start talking shit.

It's hardly "the definitive Battlefield experience" but it's definitely the most enjoyable of the "realistic modern shooter" genre.

They're not talking shit, they are telling the truth, you just don't know any better because you're 12.

There's nothing wrong with any of that except jets. Jets are literally the only flaw in BF2 and they're only really an issue on 2 maps (gulf of oman and operation clean sweep).

The man is baiting you, noone reasonable actually thinks bc2 is casualised killstreak shit, and thinking other battlefields are true skill esports is laughable

>le ur underage xD
(You)

>can't lie down
it's shit

Bad Company 2 had awful maps and everything was full of bloom.

But god damn the sound design in that game was top notch, try playing the game with surround sound or good headphones with Wartapes mode on.

youtube.com/watch?v=on9rVl77ixQ

BC3:Mali when?

>Can't hide in a corner like a little bitch and survive for too long
Good.

2143 when?

It had some rough spots, but it was such a unique take on the fairly generic combined arms shootan genre. Titan mode is still my favourite mode from the whole series.

fucking kek

You fucked up, OP. It's not the definitive, it's the most fun.

It's a great game but why is it so short

BF2:SF>2142>BF2>BC2>1943>Vietnam>1942 DC MOD>1942

let's get the nostalgia rolling

youtube.com/watch?v=oQgZqIiZnqo

>BF2 Modern Combat beats both though.

>nostalgia for a 2010 game.

youtube.com/watch?v=B1y4c11rg78

> tanks arguably the most OP they ever are in the series

The tanks aren't even that good, one spry cunt with C4 can easily drop them, plus engineers were plentiful and could easily deal with them.

Choppers were a major pain though. A good chopper crew could just fucking DOMINATE games so hard. The primary gun was so easy to aim and would just shatter any soldiers.

BC2 only had one standalone DLC that was pretty robust overall. BF3 and 4 had a fuckton of DLCs to splinter the player base.

Bad Company 2 is pretty much a better version of Call of Duty honestly. Head shots are actually beneficial and the maps are much better.

The huge issue with BC2 that no one seems to mention is the insane aimpunch you take when you get shot anywhere. This gives LMGs a huge advantage as they won't run out of ammo before the enemy dies. If they removed that or toned it down drastically the game would be a lot better.

Best OST
Best story
Best character VA
Best game

youtube.com/watch?v=J8TO5oceJ14

>2010 was nearly 7 years ago
We are all going to die of old age soon.

>No good conquest maps
>Rush maps literally let players shoot with tanks and helis from spawn into the MCOMs or buildings containing them
>Maps are narrow chokepoints compared to even BC1 maps
>Laughable hit reg, enjoy watching blood spill out of someone's head with a loud ping just for nothing to happen
>Infinite range no drop slugs
>Clunky ass movement
>Bass and reverb the sound engine
>Magnum rounds the meta
>Console fag melee magnet lunges
>Takes all the great characters of BC1 and throws them into a generic CoDshooter with no charm or soul

BC2 is the worst Battlefield AND Bad Company game.

>2010 was 6 years ago.
It's like being nostalgic for HL2 in 2010

You do realize that most people started playing games during that time?

People had nostalgia for BF2 when BFBC2 came out, which was 5 years difference.

Oh you're right, I almost forgot we were on Cred Forums.

6 years ago in vidya might as well be a decade or two.

the last game i enjoyed on a similar level to BC2 was BF3.

what game has come out since 2012 that was just as good?

Any of my Desert Combat bros still alive?

Blood Dragon
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

So nostalgia boners for fucking Skyrim is totally fine for you guys?

>XM8
Disgusting watergun. Stick to m16 family.

>shotguns with slugs
youtube.com/watch?v=33NMz537iVk

>They fixed solo attack heli in BF2
>It was impossible in BC2
>tfw the only thing you were ever good at was removed

no we have nostalgia for actually good games

>He didn't know how to circle

Choppers in BC2 were fucking amazing.

>2142 revive next friday

get fucking hype

Yes, who fucking cares?

Nostalgia is just yearning for another time

I can be nostalgic for last fucking month if I want

Mate i am in the same boat, the only fps even worthwhile right now is csgo, and that has its own issues

Yeah bro those had some sick multiplayer

It's a great game. Not as good as BF4 for multiplayer though.

Also, how come Bad Company is on Steam yet the other Battlefields aren't?

what

>Mate i am in the same boat

project reality is keeping me afloat. when it's bad, it's really shit, but when it's good, it's like walking on air.

actually battlefield 2 is

Is BC2 on pc still going?

I installed the 70gb of pure boredom that is BF4 and realized it's just a bad game.

I'm impressed, because i've never been a big BF fan but BC2 was really something else. I thought they were going to stay that way or they were exactly that. Now I realize that was DICE best work and they just stopped there.

EA had a falling out with Steam and made Origin, so nothing post-BC2 is on there, and Gamespy shut down, so nothing pre-BC2 is there either.

>Nostalgia: a feeling of pleasure and also slight sadness when you think about things that happened in the past
It doesn't have a minimum time threshold you autistic nigger. Things that happened stay in the past, that's how fucking time works. Nostalgia can be applied when something is no longer the hot topic of the general public.

And 6 years is a long-ass time. You think you're gonna live forever?

Battlefield has regressed back into rail shooters somehow with a bit of freedom....i dunno how, but it happened.

Bad Company 2 actually released on steam, the others did not.

Anyway to get in on that? The only BF game I have significant time on is BC2. I heard BF2 is dead as heck but 2142 looked cooler.

>Multiplayer defines a good videogame

>just as good
That's not very hard since BC2 isn't even the best game of 2010.
>Dragon's Dogma
>Metal Gear Rising
>Black Flag
>Witcher 3
>Bloodborne
>Donkey Kong tropical Freeze

>circle
>BC2
The chopper lost all momentum as soon as you switched seats

battlelog.co
they will provile all the gamefiles

its nice cause it comes with a launcher and theres widescreen options built in

MGR came out in 2013 you retarded monkey. And the rest of those games are either shit or forgettable.

>slamming AT4 rockets into the cockpits of black hawk heli copters

A couple years ago we used to joke that people here would nostalgiafag for Skyrim, now look where we are.

>no veicles

>definitive battlefield

>when it's bad, it's really shit, but when it's good, it's like walking on air.

I get that with RO2 and Insurgency, when people don't play objective you will just get slaughtered.

Battlefield 2 and battlefield vietnam are still the best of the series followed by bc2

3 and 4 were better, except for Vietnam.

>the only fps even worthwhile right now is csgo

Reading comprehension and shit taste.
>what game has come out since 2012 that was just as good?

Anyone know of any third party software BC2 came with for proof of purchase? I bought it on disc when it came out but I can't find the damn thing, maybe there was some sort of EA account attached to it at the time? Anyone know?

>Surprised people don't know about some forced meme that didn't catch on

>being literally fucking retarded
None of those games came out in 2010. Learn to read and get some taste.

And I was there

But I learned to not care

Now kill yourself

>Times passes
rly makes you think.

On a side note, if you even mention in passing a ps2 game on /vr/, some dedicated autists will freak out that you're talking about non-retro on their board, when ps2 is obviously current gaming right?

Rainbow 6 fags need not apply, go make friends with the overwatchers.

Yeah, because every other BF released after it were identical to it in almost everyway but worse

>tfw hardcore squad deathmatch

good times
game wasnt very good when there was a very good chopper pilot though he would dominate the game

i wish i put in time in learning to fly more instead of giving up after crashing a few times

>BC2 is still active, yeah.
It got a very dedicated fanbase.

Why would he play those games if he's looking for a good multiplayer shooter? Also Blood Dragon was alright, people hype that game up too much. Gunslinger has horrible balancing issues but it's a crazy fun game with a lot of cool systems to it. Fuckin combos in muh western shoot em up.

AT4 rockets were like one of the few things in BC2 that were impressive and took some solid skill to do well.

Isn;t Insurgency still like the most active ""mil sim"" game? I played PR forever ago but it seemed fairly clunky. Insurgency hits a good mix of arcadey and sim-ish that keeps it feeling good.

I like that the guns in BC2 actually felt different since they had different damage and accuracy. It's a lot more interesting than BF3/4 where the only differences between weapons of the same type is ROF/recoil.
I know that's not unique to BC2 or anything, but it was still nice. Too bad they stopped. I guess it was too much effort to balance or something.

SHUTUP CONSOLE BABY. BF2 IS GOOD. I SWEAR.

So is BC2 completely dead now? Are there any pirate servers running? I wanted to play on the PC since I only ever played it on consoles.

>Why would he play those games if he's looking for a good multiplayer shooter?
He never specified he wanted a good multiplayer.

Either way the least shitty FPS with MP right now is Insurgency.

>the game that turned the series into mindless cod sprint everywhere twitch shooting bullshit with literally 4 classes forever
I guess it was definitive.

>Wanting to play Niggerfield 1

>Rainbow 6 fags need not apply, go make friends with the overwatchers.

is it because both games were suppose to be dead within a month but aren't?

>b-b-b-b-but the games are older and therefore have bad graphics, that makes them SHIT
Neck yourselves.

BFBC2 is the last good battlefield game. But 1942 is still easily the best experience wise, it's a little aged compared to BC2 but it felt better over all, that being said, on a good server in BC2 with good teams you could have a blast

i play on steam there are even a few hardcore servers and more than few x15000 xp rate and 1 i know has vietnam in its rotation and you dont even need viet to play when those maps come around

Does this fucking game ever go on sale?

It's always 20 fucking dollars. For god damns sake. I'd buy it for 10 or less, but it never goes on sale. Even on fucking Origin it never goes on sale.

And the DLC is always full price too. Bullshit.

1911 is literally the best pistol

the mp443 is the most fun

>sv-98+mp443 combo

BF2142 scanned your computer for stuff which got sent to EA which then generated the in-game ads based on that.

It's actually 100% true, user. So much so that the main strategy is every BC2 game was to level all builds down to nothing for the first minute, rape the enemy vehicle support, then spawn camp for the rest of the match. Every single time.

With that said, I only played a small portion of BF2, but even in that, air vehicles were completely fucking OP for no determinable reason outside of some need to feel "realistic" in a completely unrealistic online shooter. Battlefield has always been a casual baby shooter for PCucks to feel good about hopping in a tank and killing 10 foot soldiers.

And the best destruction, maps, vehicles, and weapons in the series.

>That one in a million game where you play castle and the other team has no breachers or glaz

2142fags BTFO
What a memegame

>BC2 level of destruction
>good

>tiny ass maps
>good

>BC2 vehicles
>any different

>customizing the weapons your class has like it's fucking call of duty
>good

Anyone who cries for more classes is a retard

It's probably the fact that siege is easily one of the best shooters to come out in years and it makes battlefield babies and Cod kids angry, and overwatch is just a nice comfy team shooter that is replacing hat simulator.

BFBC was the coffin and BFBC2 the last nail in Battlefield franchise. Everything went shit as soon as the game hit the console market.

The definitive Battlefield experience is PR for BF2. It was what BF was meant to be. A game where teamplay count and you have a feeling of doing your part on a battlefield. Not some random FPS where you run and shoot on everyone except that there is 64 players instead of 18.

>In the past. years ago from now, we used to laugh at people being nostolgic for a relatively new game at the time
>Now look where we are

This shit is magnets tier, you fucking retard.
youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs

CSGO and Overwatch are fun despite Cred Forums constantly throwing a shit fit over them. Insurgency is dope but positioning and flanking in that game trump all other skills. It's fun but it gets tiring.

Cool shit, I'll have to check these out. All these threads lamenting the death of multiplayer games makes me hyped for the revival of older cult MP games.

I take it the 2142 into will launch later?

>The definitive Battlefield experience is a standalone mod that isn't an official Battlefield game

Maps weren't tiny, no other Battlefield has surpassed BC2's destruction (it's obvious at this point that you either never played or didn't play very much), and you just said customization is bad. Which is funny, because that's an objectively bad opinion. So I'm just going to laugh at you now, feel free to reply to me again if you want to keep embarrassing yourself.

This really is the big thing.
Teamwork was what made the older games work. And it's completely missing from the newer games.

>building a FOB
>sit around for 2 hours in a bunker with your squad while the vehicles do all of the fighting

I mean, it's comfy but I can't say it's very exciting gameplay

It was BF3 that introduced weapon customisation though. BC2 allowed you to put optics on and that was it. BF3 was the one with huge amounts of attachments that were mostly pointless since everyone just used the same overpowered ones anyway. All they did was make switching to a new gun annoying since you had to grind kills to unlock heavy barrel or whatever.

Some of the best memories playing this game.

I loved being a memelord who put an assault rifle scope on a magnum sniper rifle and used it mid - close range.

>Battlefield has always been a casual baby shooter for PCucks to feel good about hopping in a tank and killing 10 foot soldiers.
This was never the case until it got brought to consoles.

So many people call castle shit, most EU players I have played with and talk to say that NA players are shit just because they use castle and glaz, but I love when you get a good castle placement that forces people to start meleeing a barricade and just get a free C4 kill. With all the new gadgets and stuff bringing breach charges is becoming less common.

whatever Oasis is practically a different map once the town is leveled at the end of the game

Insurgency is pretty good, based selection of weapons, active community, even more based devs, mod support, decent gamemodes. And yeah, it does hit that spot between tacticool and fun.

I'm just bantering I haven't played rainbow 6 siege yet I wouldn't know. Overwatch I don't care for though, no guns, abilities getting in the way, eclectic zany characters, cartoon style.

>babbies 1st bf
>good
Even shitty bf3 is better than bc2

Who would have believed it?
Fans better knowing what they want than EA and their shareholders.

>no other battlefield has surpassed BC2's destuction
Because it's a bad thing to have that much destruction. The map needs some level of structure.

>customization is objectively good
>having a class based shooter properly define what it's classes can do is an objectively bad thing
>because I need to be a special snowflake and be able to take whatever I want!

Fuck off underage.
The problem isn't so much customizing the weapons themselves, it's choosing from multiple weapons rather than having one or two for each class, which firmly put classes into a certain role. Which was a key part of what made teamwork in pre-BC battlefields so prevalent.

>le contrarian meme

Upvoted

>Implying

How fucking brainfucked on nostalgia are you? This shit has been the case since Battlefield's inception.

For real though, for the time it came out the destruction was insane, and could legitimately change the way a firefight went down and how an entire objective was approached.

Bad Company 1 was the last good Battlefield game

>That comic
We need more Fedora heroes.

>I never played BC2

Nah

battlelog.co/

>cant even say your opinion without some reddit fag coming with his intellectual vocabulary
fuck off shitter

What made you like bc1 but not bc2?

Is there a multiplayer FPS worse than Battlefront?

>Because it's a bad thing to have that much destruction.

you dont sound like a fun person

>no katana
7/10

youtube.com/watch?v=9A-aL49F0Jc

BF2 was really shit mechanically. Only good part is PR

I personally couldn't stand BC1, something about it just felt fucking weird, I was really reluctant about BC2 because of BC1 but a friend bought it for me because he wanted to play. I was pleasantly surprised at how big an improvement it was.

Yeah I have

>Bad Company 1 was the last great FPS campaign

fixed

each class had a distinct pool of weapons and there was a seperate pool with a few specific weapons for everyone like shotguns and the garand and tommy just for gun

i cannot see what is there to even complain about
they felt different too which is pretty good for how many guns there are in the game.

>The Bad company series in general are the only decent campaigns in any battlefield game

Fixed again.

> streamlining the million classes that were in Battlefield 2 but in the end were all the same to 4 classes
2142 did that. Not any other battlefield game.

Not braindead at all, I just have an intact memory of my time with the games. Then again the person I responed to said that he'd only played a small portion of BF2, if that was you then I could understand why you'd think that because you were a casual

BC2 campaign was s fucking mess.

>everyone is basically lobotomized
>no mention about the gold
>suddenly turn from regular guys just trying to live and not get fucked over to fucking superhuman patriots
>sarge never mentions wanting to go on a fishing trip

my head canon is the real squad escaped with the gold while the US army toys around their clones.

This is literally not a problem even if it were true. Why would you not just turn you mong

It's my favourie one for sure. It knows what it wants to do, and executes it well.
>no prone, no diagonal sprinting makes for slower gameplay, positioning is important, snipers can be strong and yet not too imbalanced since they can't camp too hard
>smaller maps, but not too small for vehicles to be useless
>less vehicles, but good balance between infantry and them
>no jets, air-combat and ground-to-air are streamlined as a result
>destruction is actually a vital gameplay element
>only 4 classes, but they're all important and fun to play
>good gunplay
>great sounddesign, really immersive
>squads are really useful, guarantee prolonged firefights despite smaller player counts
>no gadget overflow like in BF4
>quick progression

>the consolized trash version of a PC game still is the definitive Battlefield experience.
I bet most of the people in this thread haven't played BF 1 or 2.

Thiis.

>I bet most of the people in this thread haven't played BF 1

that would make sense since it hasnt come out yet?

It was a mess and still better than majority of the campaigns in BF. The humor was still pretty good as well and that's really what made the campaigns in those games.

that was actually bf2, it severely dumbed down the franchise due to adding casual elements. if you played vietnam you would have realized that.

Is BF4 decently more active now with the whole free dlc getting released? Also what pushes BF4 over BF2? The main issues I heard that 2 had were the Jets and the grenade spam.

I'll agree on most things, but the gunplay was meh. The horrific aimpunch would dictate way too many firefights and all weapons should of had bullet drop instead of just the snipers. As a result sniping was way too weak. I can still remember chaining headshots and killing someone with the smallest SMG across a feild in heavy metal, shit like that just shouldn't be possible.

I did love how snipers wouldn't 1 shot at range though, kept them reasonably balanced and helped the game a lot. The only real balance issues were LMGs and choppers.

>The humor was still pretty good as well

if you have a child's sense of humor maybe.

BC1's awkwardness as a result of a motley crew of misfits and surreal circumstances had distinct charm.

BC2 just feels like zombies trying to remember what humor was.

Now that you mention that I do distinctly remember medics being the most ridiculously Rambo class because of the LMGs, not tooooo crazy and they could get shut down, but it could be frustrating if one got a flank.

Bad company allowed me to blow fuckers out of hiding with C4 it also let me snipe with a fucking shot gun so it will always be my favorite. When are they gonna bring back full balls to the wall destrcution?

BF4 is the most similar to BF2 in terms of gameplay mechanics. What makes it better is the new engine with maps that change over the course of the battle, deformable terrain, and the destruction. I also like the streamlined classes but that's just my opinion. As for how active it is: I'm always able to find full servers but most of the players are high levels who have been playing for a while. The game has a small learning curve, I was able to start getting positive K:D ratios a couple of hours into playing multiplayer

Other weapons actually do have bullet drop and travel time. I think shotguns are an exception
I play pretty much only sniper, and they can definitely compete with other classes. Guns like the GOL and the SV-98 is both accurate enough at range to allow for sniping, and quick enough to zoom at closer ranges to allow the recon to compete. At very close ranges, like sub 15m, they even one-hit enemies.
It's important to get the first shot though, because it's pretty hard to recover from the on-hit staggering. However, it doesn't actually fuck with your aim, so with enough experience you can still hit your shots despite the screen shaking.

Again, still better then basically any other BF game. It wasn't perfect, but it still set itself apart in a way, and I wasn't in stitches through the whole thing, but I got a few chuckles.

Who /vss/ here?
That gun was godly.

i stayed away from

literally overpowered and never got nerfed

i like the SVU for semi-auto and the gol for bolt

Medic was braindead as fuck honestly. The medpacks combined with the giant magazines gave them big as fuck advantages. I remember randomly hoping onto some server a short while ago and using the SAW and easily killing 4 enemies that were trying to gun me down solo.

>Other weapons actually do have bullet drop and travel time.

All guns have bullet travel time but I'm like 90% sure that only the snipers had bullet drop. Snipers were for sure viable but it's dumb that they only had bullet drop.

>it doesn't actually fuck with your aim, so with enough experience you can still hit your shots despite the screen shaking.

Shit, I think you're right. Still not in love with the mechanic but that's probably the best way to handle "aim punch".

battlelog.co/

2142 servers coming up on the 23rd

It's too easy, but was fun the few times I used it to rampage

Larger and most importantly WIDER maps.
Slower and clunkier movement made it less run&gun like the later entries to the BF franchise. (Seriously, BF3/4 looks like Call of Duty)
Whenever I play BF3/4 I just feel drained. It's this massive clusterfuck of a game that does not know what it want's to be. It caters to both run&gun and tactical game design at it simply does not work.
But I did enjoy BC2. I joined a clan and had great fun with it, but BC2 was the game in the franchise where DICE started trying to get the CoD audience and it shows.
And to note one thing on the visuals. I liked how everything in the game was in a peaceful state at the start of a match, but as the match went on you could see all the destruction everyone has done to the areas. BC2 had maps with already war torn areas.

>tfw my arch nemisis milwall will probably be playing

medics were OP on inf-only maps, like that night map on the submarine base.

they have nothing to counter vehicles.

>All guns have bullet travel time but I'm like 90% sure that only the snipers had bullet drop
I actually spend some time on googling this in the meanwhile, here's the best source I found
joinaclan.com/2010/04/battlefield-bad-company-2-weapon-damage-chart-and-other-breakdowns/
tldr is that there's 3 kinds of bullets, pistol up to weak sniper rifles are very little affected by drop, a 'sniper bullet' used by M24, SV-98, GOL, and Slug Shotguns that gets affected a lot, and a third kind used by stationaries and the M95 that drops about slightly less, but which can damage some vehicles

>the strategy
Except for there existing buildings that can't be toppled, like bridges and the housing remains. There's plenty of cover.

Squad is the definitive BF experience

youtube.com/watch?v=BTi8TaKV4QY

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT

Fellow bc2 friends, how did you think of the BF1 beta?
I liked it quite a lot

>can't aim
>definitive experience

BF1942 and BF:Vietnam are way better, newfriends.

That doesnt happen every round. Change squads then.

Also this is pretty interesting
>Crouching has NO EFFECT on accuracy with the exception of LMG’s where it only improves by a small percentage. (Seems like crouching is only used for taking cover.)

Heres a Idea. Start Playing BFBC2 Again. Got about 20 Friends of a Cool Guy i know to join us in BFBC2 because i told those 20 people i was that cool guy. . . Well Sheet, even getting a Positive KD going of 0.97 - BF Rocks

Port Valdez was best map in BC2
This is a fact

>sticking to weapons
>not superior jets that can actually mark the difference in a fight
>mfw the next version of the Lockheed Martin SR-71 is coming in 2030

I should get more into BF4, even more so now that the game has all the DLC available for free.

You don't need to own 2142 to play this, right? I might snag both BF2 and 2142 if they're free. the PR stand alone is fairly active right? For some reason that appeals to me more than Arma 3.

>all the times you had to hear that music when some badmin kicked you

Make your own squad and don't sit a kilometre away from the frontline

Overwatch

>bad company 2
>good
You should kill yourself.
Bad company is what destroyed battlefield.

That's a curious way of spelling Harvest Day

Is that the DLC map with the big field for tank battles and a village going up the hill? That was my favorite map as well

Get out of my face

3 days until 2142 gets revived.

Because it's counter intuitive as fuck. I can let it slide to something like ARMA 2, but not to a mediocre arcade shooter

BF2>BF2142>BF4>BF1942>BF3>BF shit company 2> BF shit company

>You don't need to own 2142 to play this, right?
Nope. It will be 100% free, like BF2.

>girlfriend is software engineer working on Lockheed F-35
>hfw she walked in on me playing BF4 and shooting down an F-35

>Literally just a field with little to no cover
Wot.

>ywn try to take off your Zero that's sliding off a carrier deck that's been tilted and moving by a destroyer trying to avoid the bombing run of a yankee dog just full speed rammed into you.

>but at least bf5/modern gaming has motion blur and glare

Sniping people with shotgun slugs was the best thing ever.

i dont even want another bad company

i just want them to fix some of the gameplay bugs (like unzoom, the havoc rolling over and blowing up if you dont land it juuuuuust right and the occasional malfunctioning c4 that doesnt explode when you press the button) and map specific bugs (certain rocks can be seen through) as well as make new maps

that's it

why have i never heard about this holy fuck
by the time i first learned of 2142 it was already dead
this shit is gonna keep me happy for as long as its alive

I always found the F-35 quite hard to manouver in the game compared to the russian jets in the game, so tell her to work harder, or call out DICE LA yourself to patch that up.

>know I feel fucking dumb
>know

why dont they just contine th BC series as a smller spinoff game or make another spinoff?

also is this revive shit legit? havent played BF2 or 2142 in years

BadCo2 started the shitty classes we see in BF3 and 4. Too versatile, crucial roles like Medic and Engineer just promoted to go guns blazing because they have firepower

I agree. Leave nostalgia to nostalgiafags, bf3 and 4 were better than bc2 for sure.

>butthurt wannabe sniper

Yes
It's beautiful
>asymmetrical mapdesign, but balanced
>A and D have tank spawns, c has most view, c is connected with river, so every flag is important
>two hills for snipers, but you can get up from behind easily, also cover through the river
>walls for mid-field cover, especially with some craters
>enough cars to get places fast, enough room behind c to sneak by
>destroying the houses is fun
>fuck choppers

Nope just someone who would rather have 7 classes like BF2 instead of 4 clustered classes.

Its going to be worse in BF1 when Medics get AT rifle grenades and anti-infantry rifle grenades. DO I REVIVE PEOPLE, OR KILL PEOPLE?

>unzoom
>the occasional malfunctioning c4 that doesnt explode when you press the button
Man fuck these

it is, get that shit, user.

BF3/4 are made with the individual player in mind: run around, get some kills, pursue your unlocks, don't worry about your team or the objective. All classes are jack of all trades that don't need help from other classes and can fight equally at close to medium distances.

Bad Company games also have the solo performance oriented unlock system, but Rush conveniently funnels all players towards the objective, so even lone wolves invetitably pitch in on the objective. Classes are more specialized and struggle to handle every situation alone, necessitating reliance on teammates.

>unzoom
>tfw BF4 still does this

I hated that there was no sight for the shotgun for whatever stupid reasoon

Good times, good times.

Before it was patched the fighter jets were imbalanced as all fuck. One had like 20% higher turn rate and the other two were similar, but I think the F35 had a slower turn rate than even one of the ground attack jets. Post patch all jets were the same across each faction. Ignoring maybe their hit boxes.

>the occasional malfunctioning c4 that doesnt explode when you press the button

>BadCo2 started the shitty classes we see in BF3 and 4.
That was 2142.

>Its going to be worse in BF1 when Medics get AT rifle grenades and anti-infantry rifle grenades.
Not seeing the difference between that and the grenade launchers they've had since 2142.

yea it is stupid

like why the fuck does the shotgun have crosshairs IN HARDCORE MODE

>but it wasn't traditional Battlefield

why does any gun that you can ADS with have crosshairs?

>BC2 Engineer
>smg/pdw have terrible range and accuracy and get outranged by every other class
>spamming the bazooka will leave you screaming for ammo in no time
>promoted going guns blazing

It really wasn't, they removed a ton of features from the previous Battlefield games like jets and commander mode, heck the first game wasn't even available on PC.

Name these casual elements please

2142 classes are the same as 3/4, just fewer people play recon as spec ops because other classes also get c4 and such now.

bc2 did the stupid medic lmg which was changed back for the better.

In the end I think they're okay as they are now, but engineer really needs to be separated into engineer (with some support tools like barricades, mines and the mortar) and a separate AT class for the missiles.

I'm still getting BF1 used

>I've never played a traditional Battlefield game

k

Castle and Glaz are universally known for being trash. Nothing to do with EU and NA. Why do you think they're not even used in proleague play?

quick someone give me a name for BF2

>playing fps on console

Jets are a mistake

You are a mistake tβh fαm

reganfan1965

>CSGO

Not to mention that NOBODY plays carrier assault. I've never been able to find a single game for it.

thanks for the name senpai

>no ash
>no sledge
>no frags because hostage
>mute
NOTHIN ON EARTH CAN MAKE IT FALL

HE ACTUALLY DID IT

>play BF2 again
>that sound when ranking up

No it's not. It's extremely mediocre. Just because it was the first battlefield for most people here doesn't make it good.

>HE ACTUALLY DID IT

off course i did, thats why i asked for a name.

any niggas wanna play after i downlad this game?

lol bunch of youngfags i started out with BF1942 and Combat Desert Storm mod

>play as castle
>last alive 1v2
>blitz and blackbeard outside objective room
>they cant breach in because of barricade on door
>time runs out

I'm downloading right now, but have work soon so I won't be able to play until later tonight.

>SOLDIER YOU DESERVE AN AWARD
>that russian VO when getting an award

i think you can do that in ARMA too, kek

i might be able to play

Heavy Metal is objectivly the best

i played it until gamespy went down and this is pretty much true

gameplay was great.
community was alot better

on the flipside the game wasnt exactly pretty when it came out, had horrible python related bugs for YEARS until like 2009 i think.

Tickrate and hitreg system was beyond broken
vehicles felt terrible especially small cars

Tanks where unstoppable with com dropping resupply

Hacking

Guns felt and sounded like pea shooters and the unlock system was completely broken at least for me

cool, i'll be done downlading in 5 minutes, see you guys soon

eh, this wasn't a problem in the games prior to bf3. you always had people fighting over different parts of the map. now it's always centralized and the maps are even bigger than they were in bf2 which is a problem

same problem for me

i dont remember it being that inaccurate

the L85 had pin point accuracy if you tapfired slowly

and half the time you dont even get hit markers

That's the absolute worst one, how can you stand24/7 choppers and every hill having half a dozen snipers sitting in it

This is a giant PC gamer butthurt thread.

It had nothing to do with "melting" you fucking retards. It had proprietary parts that the US didn't want to deal with. They didn't make them with standard rails thus they lost the contract.

The M8 system never "melted" your fucking retarded.

All this is mostly why I didn't get into BF2 when it was fresh. It just didn't feel good enough to play for me.

I don't understand what's so great about BC2. It's not different from any other BF game

kys

> but Rush conveniently funnels all players towards the objective, so even lone wolves invetitably pitch in on the objective.

BC2 was plagued by sniper players who just sit on their own and work on their KDR. I remember spamming smoke grenades onto so many friendly snipers.

BC2 engineer's SMGs were pretty much on par with the LMGs and rifles as far as damage goes. The SMGs were only slightly lacking in damage at range. All of the automatics felt pretty goddamn interchangable. I liked BC2 but it was easily possible to pick an engineer and just tear asshole apart with your SMG.

shaytastic.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=11

Engineer was pretty fucking vital in BC2, Engineer and Assault are pretty much all you would ever need in most situations.

Heavy metal is so boring. The choppers dominate super hard and you're forced to travel on foot to so many objectives because BC2 lacked proper, decent troop transports that can't be easily blown up with 1 rocket.

Heavy Metal highlighted a lot of the issues BC2 had.

>it's a console kids that started battlefield with the consolized spinoff game put on their nostalgia goggles and shit talk actual Battlefield game fans episode

>Rush is literally Battlefield for the console audience
>DICE wonders how to make a game mode that will be simple enough and entertaining to console kiddies that at the time were playing CoD (linear shooter)
>thus they make a map that is long and narrow, and in which you can only take one direction and push forward
>literally make linear shooter: the game mode for console kids
>call it the "Definitive Battlefield Experience"

i just used to do vehicle combat mainly.

Jet and Tank was my jam also the attact heli's

Everything on foot was shit especially sniping

Pirate the game then add the key in Windows Registry.

Sniping is honestly the worst thing about every battlefield game. I wish we could have no sniper class servers. It's shit when they're on your team because they aren't team-oriented, and it's shit when they're on the other team because it's just plain annoying to get killed or shot at randomly by some fag across the map who isn't even part of the current firefight

>VSS
>Motion balls
>places with tons of trees or shrubs to sprint around in

So this is what it's like to feel like the predator

>implying no sniper servers don't exist
>has to cry about snipers all day long when recon can provide spotting and spawn beacons
>waah waah muh snipers

Go play another game desu

As usual, it didn't take long at all for a butthurt point 'n click kiddie to show up.

for somereason people use teamwork more in BC2 than the newer installments, felt like it ws focused more on the infantry.

used to move up in squads and hold points then rush the enemy, use the transport vehicles, got revived, people gave me ammo and go from house to house killing the enemy.

only bad part i can remember was the recon shitters who stayed at base camping when we're playing rush or the fags who hated on shotgun + slugs, they need to bring back different weather and bush suits.

Recon is my least played class.

2142 showed there was a spot for the recon class to go in a spec ops role. A nice murdery carbine with lasing, bombs and other nefarious tools.

>BF2
>hip firing was better than aiming down sights

Good to see another fh2 player

>I remember spamming smoke grenades onto so many friendly snipers.
>completely covering the hill in Isla Inocentes and pissing off half of your worthless team
Ah, good times.

>1943
nigga what the fuck are you doing
it was just a shitty arcade version of 1942

I only played BF2 for like one or two sessions but this is how I felt. Everything pertaining to on foot combat didn't feel great and it was hard to accomplish anything. BC2 was for sure more dumbed down but shit felt a lot more balanced out.

I played like one game when that mode was first introduced.

>tfw just set up my old 360, playing modern combat and BC1
Those games were pretty fucking great. I stand by the fact that bad company 2 ruined the series , mostly by being multiplatform.

i dunno why Cred Forums hates BC2 it had some groundbreaking physics at the time and some great sound design.

the combat was TIGHT and the weapons where much more fun than BF4 with its stupid 'supers' crap

At least in BF1 they almost went back to 1942 tier goodness

added in two missing classes (super subclass and vehicle engineer)

i was a bit spektical of the whole x to repair but it works and its a neat gameplay mechanic

who could forget the cavilry class? Its awesome.

1942 was arcadey already. The battles in 1943 felt more intense to me. They trimmed the useless features off of 1942 to get more people to push the objective. Not to mention the sound design and new engine was great

>Different Weather
BF1 got u covered fpham

>BC2 ruined the series
that would be BF3 which had that gay ass floaty movement and weird graphical blur, like fallout 4 and it tried hard to capture the CoD fanbase with its DUDE SO REAL blue tint and destroyed medic by making it have rifles

>different weather
for map types as in snow, greenland and desserts not that fog thats on or of for each person

Cavalry is a broken mess.

this has to be the worst fucking opinion i've ever seen on this board

worked fine for me
i want mod support but thats never gonna happen.

also i worry about the quality if there was such a thing.

modding isnt what it used to be especially for big games.

tell my why BF3 was good, what did it do right?

BF2 was renowned for allowing whole combat squads to operate as one, so it pulled in people to the series who liked that sort of thing.

He's right though, I hate that weird fast hunched zigzag movement CoD has that battlefield adopted in BF3

BF3 and 4 have the worst visual pallete ever

also literally the same game therefore shit.

only good bf4 maps are the later expansions which added in some 2142 floating tank and drop pods from titans

Don't get me wrong, BC2 wasn't especially bad, but it clearly lead to BF3.
God knows why battlefield 3 wasn't just called bad company 3. Easily the first truly shitty game they brought out. Rush was horrifyingly bad on the game too.

Classes being gutted has always infuriated me. I can see why they felt the need to have less, but merging medic and other classes was retarded. That said it didn't seem to work too bad in 2142.

Teamwork seems to have slowly died off with every iteration after 2. Taking out commanders and squad leaders probably didn't help.

Having played organized 32v32s it really was a god send, 20v20 to 8v8 was also quite fun - unfortunately I only participated in infantry leagues

everything else is plebeian taste

>worked fine for me
Horses have broken hit boxes and saber attacks that can reach like 3 horse lengths. Not to mention that they function as a vehicle and can heal themselves. It's shit and it's the same for everyone.

>all these good game franchises going down the shitter and not making good games the community wants

how do we save them? and how do we bring back teamwork?

Thanks for the battlelog.co link, had forgotten about it. I remember playing BF2 and BF2124 during their prime. It was awesome. BC2 was awesome too, it was after BC2 the series went downhill. BF1 felt alright though

its dice dood it will get nerfed

remember how they made helicopters and planes take like 1 shot from a sparrows fart in bf3?

Completely and unironically agree.

>(and heard the game is pretty much alive)
Yep! I've been consistently playing in servers with over 24 people over the last week or two.

"It will get fixed later," is little comfort.

try playing on clan or smaller custom servers

if my shithole straya has them for bf4 surely bf1 will have a bunch of 'realism' severs

are you new to battlefield or something?

the series has been a patchfield mess since bf2

it wasnt playable until like 2007 thats like 3 years after release

Which wouldnt be a problem if snipers actually placed spawn beacons and did spotting

Not Shooting bush wookies with tracer darts to create Christmas trees

Source?

I'm well aware they nerf things here or there, but the very concept of hoping they change shit is little comfort considering we don't know how long that will take or if it will even happen.

welcome to modern pc gaming and now console gaming since what 2012?

>dude it's always been shit, what's the problem?

It's a great game. I don't know how hard you guys memes yourself here but it's the truth

youtube.com/watch?v=gw_6ZCZM8VY
>that opening as russians

>spawn as burgers have to stop russia or america and canada bros get invaded

Best part was the sounds/voice overs and cutscenes since the mp was tied to the single player campaign in a way.

If anything someone who was too young to play BF2 when it came out WOULD know better because they aren't blinded by nostalgia goggles like you grampa

>Customizing weapons
>Bad because cod does it
this is serious boogeyman shit, how the fuck is being able to customize your weapons bad

BC2 had the best recon class

>sniping
>ambushing passing tanks C4
>no scope glint because no prone
>can switch to SMG or VSS with motion balls for close quarters

Recon was never as fun in any of the newer games

I could write an award winning thesis on why Bad Company 2 is utter garbage, but it all comes down to magnum ammo and its utter unbalance.

>pick recon
>grab a shotgun to become a cqc god with maphacks and c4
Shame you couldn't ditch the plant suit but other than that it was great.

thats not Battlefield 2

>I play pretty much only sniper
Great, now I can discard your opinion.
Seriously though, sniping might be more fun in BF4, but the gameplay mechanics are definitely worse in that one.
BF2 had commander mode, a better squad system and wasn't a COD clone in terms of infantry gameplay. The only bad thing about it is the graphics. Nadespam only happened on the first flag on Karkand really, which was one flag on one map.

Bad company 2 was a pure arcade battlefield but it worked great since the map, the vehicules, were designed for that.
Battlefield 3/4, etc. are some bastards between bad company and the old battlefields. 4 classes that don't mean anything, 3d spot, spawn every where... Theres no teamplay at all and this is weird since the map are big.

t. shitter

>large scale Battlefield is not good Battlefield

kek, enjoy getting funneled into chocke points on Rush, might as well play tf2

Not that guy, but magnum ammo was really stupid.
It was a perk that you basically had to take if you wanted to win 1v1s.

He's right though, magnum ammo is a cod feature that seeped into BF.

BC2 was the worst BF game when it came out. Today that crown is taken by Hardline but only by a small inch.

They are the same kind of people who only played Karkand back in the days. Not that it's a bad map, but some people were definitely too focused on that one.

im a huge bf2 fanboy but I do like the rush mode.
The biggest sin that dice did was include """hardcore""" mode

Classic Mode gave a hint of what Battlefield could be if treated right.
youtube.com/watch?v=7VKRHb7nICM

I do like Rush if it's done in 24 or 32 player servers with limited explosives, most of the time rush is 64 players tossing nades at the objective nonstop, it really isn't fun.

I do agree though, fuck Hardcore mode so much. It's just a refuge for bad players to think they're actually good and "hardcore".

my nigga

just take away the 3d spotting and kill cams

and take away the doritos on the mini map an make them dots again

I wish DICE removed Hardcore and instead we only had Arcade and Classic.

What is wrong with the kill cam though? It's not like it even works properly like in other games, you don't even see the other player's perspective.

it's not cancelled, the US did not accept it because it required the soldier to buy picatinny rail, used G36 mags ( that could be changed to stanag mags without problem ), the "melting" part is the same as for the G36, because of overheating the polymer start to grip on the barrel thus making the barrle not free floating anymore ( free float improve accuracy on long range ).

now american are sucking HK dicks with new contracts look up their new DMR and USMC M27

>still playing this shit

LMAO

who want to play some games?

just played for a few hours

Switch BF1942 with BF4, add Vietnam after it, and there you go.
BF4 is undoubtedly the best BF game that uses frostbite.

Someone should get a steam group rolling for this and the 2142 release.

>Turning cheats in TimeSplitters: Future Perfect on

BC 2 was fun i think battelfield2 was probably the best ever and i know its a bit out there but i had a lot of fun with 2142

should i make it or someone else? playing RN and gonna record it

This is the correct post.

Bad Company 2 was fun but not good

tfw we will never get those large urban maps like karkand, mashtuur, jalalabad, sharqi peninsula
instead we get trash like bazaar and seine. baka.

karkand was in 3
oman was in 3 and 4

4 also had Dragon Valley.

The difference:
>BF2 still has an active modding community pumping stuff like AIX and Alpha Project out which provide a fresh singleplayer experience
>BFBC2 doesn't even have any real custom maps yet

fuck bc2.

>all that time DICE wasted on dragon valley/community maps/easter eggs
>could have probably put karkand back in

>EA will never give out a universal $20 off coupon again
That was the best part about BC2, getting it for free.

I love BF2, but anyone who doesnt say the deviation cone for infantry weapons is not a problem is retarded

>Karkand remake
>cut out a quarter of the map
Sasuga DICE

KYS BC BABBY

I mean it

>play BF2
>enemy spoted spammed
>people camping
>no teamwork
>enemy rushing our base and spawncmping us

i need some of you right now, you're all i've got

just play bc2, literally some of the best teamwork gameplay.

Anyone still playing 2142? Or Enemy Territory Quake Wars?

>2142

you can but it will be alot easier next week

>next week

>Download origin to try out the BF4 trial
>for some reason BF3 is in my game library
Well that's neat, looks like there's less active servers than BC2 though.

Join this steam group if you want to play 2 and 2142 with bros
steamcommunity.com/groups/2and2142reviveproject

>Take 1 obligatory 'option'
>All weapons and loadouts are viable beyond this with perhaps one or two exceptions
>This makes the entire game 'garbage'

BC2's balance wasn't perfect but it got a lot more right than it got wrong.

I bet you're just sad that you had to choose between shooting people and spamming CG at peak efficiency

Unrelated to the meme circlejerk here, but I need to make a post about how fucking awful the BF1 interface and music is.

Fucking talentless hacks.

youtube.com/watch?v=gFpHm8kfVa4

>Cred Forums steam group
>dies in a week

>girlfriend is software engineer working on Lockheed F-35
nice score user

ok, we lost again. got steamrolled and i recorded it all, all the good servers are full i think, is SF any good?

Ok, here is the proper link now: steamcommunity.com/groups/2and2142Thevidyarevive
join this group if you are eager to play 2 and later 2142 with bros. At some later point i'll make another thread for battlefield 2 and add this link to it.

>the game is bad because i am bad

Honestly Bad Company killed the franchise. After that BF always limited its potential to pander to consoleshits.

dont steam groups always die within a week?

Perhaps, but doesn't hurt trying

Tell me why I hate BF4.

I'm liking it, but tell me why I hate it.

k ill join it.

gonna play BF2 if you want to squad up or whatever BF2 does for friends

Cred Forums told you it was bad and you ate it up.

you hate it because hate=love

if it hurts you it loves you

to think this was once cutting edge graphics

>tell me why i hate eating shit
>im liking eating shit but tell me why i hate it

to think that all you care about in vidya is the graphics and not the gameplay

go back to senran kagura you fucking waifushitter

Are there still a decent amount of people playing BC2 on PC? Playing rush on 360 and topping the scoreboard by a mile every game was some of the most fun I've ever had.

Are the current players way too high a skill level for me to even bother? I played a bunch of BF3 on PC.

those two are not even related
what the hell user

See you. Hope more join too, would be nice to get a group going on. I mostly see full brazilian server sonly

No arguments here against BF4 here.

So I like BF4? That's weird I could have sworn I fucking hated it.

why are you getting mad at him? he was just making a comment. I thought the same thing. the game is a decade old.

>Are there still a decent amount of people playing BC2 on PC?
Yep, always at least a couple full servers to choose from.

>No arguments here against eating shit here.
>So I hate eating shit? That's weird I could have sworn I fucking loved it

>wow, to think this was once the cutting edge
>i.e. time flies, technology advances, it's interesting
>WHOA MAH GAWD GO BACK TO TIDDY NINJAS
you autistic my man?

Yeah, why would I enjoy eating shit?

I'm legit asking. I don't get it. I really think I'm enjoying BF4 so far.

Vertical maps were a mistake
Infantry should be banned from ever getting to the sky without a help of a vehicle

The game where me and some other random guy used a single tank for an entire match. We collectively went 200/0. that match was among my best gaming experiences
but it wasn't just us in the tank. we had some kick ass air support. our choppers kept double teaming enemy units - everyone seemed to have mics, and the squads were sticking the together like glue.
>glorious time comrade

On EU there's quite a lot of servers, like easily a dozen full servers

>EU

MORE LIKE EWWWWW

>I'm legit asking. I don't get it. I really think I'm enjoying eating shit so far.

>impromptu bro tier vehicle squads
one of the best things in any vidya

I was converting VHS tapes to digital today and one of them had me playing BF modern Combat on 360, that game was fun as hell.