Nintendo NX revealed to be hybrid by Pokémon CEO

>The Pokemon Company has confirmed that they’re developing games for Nintendo’s next generation platform the Nintendo NX. Speaking to the Wall Street Journal the Pokémon Co.’s chief executive explained what we all thought and that the system is basically going to be a handheld console hybrid.

>“The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device,”

The pokémon boss guy just casually blew the secret.

Other urls found in this thread:

mynintendonews.com/2016/09/20/pokemon-ceo-confirms-they-will-make-games-for-nintendo-nx/
nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140130qa/02.html
wccftech.com/nintendonextgen-nx-console-steal-ideas/
youtube.com/watch?v=WKnVaDwUg5s
youtube.com/watch?v=Sb1oSrKj_qw
nintendoeverything.com/iwata-on-integrating-handheldconsole-teams-next-system-will-absorb-the-wii-u-architecture-adequately-more/
mynintendonews.com/2016/09/20/retailers-are-heading-to-nintendo-europe-in-germany-for-an-announcement/
nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130131/05.html
youtube.com/watch?v=SI30r7RxQi0
youtu.be/uZWKuUymKdM
nintendolife.com/news/2009/10/nvidia_powered_ds_successor_coming_2010
wccftech.com/amd-making-processor-nintendo-nx/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh, and source here, sorry
mynintendonews.com/2016/09/20/pokemon-ceo-confirms-they-will-make-games-for-nintendo-nx/

So much for the NDA

EUROGAMER redeemed? Oh shit.

>the leaks were true

god fucking damn it if it doesn't have a Tegra 2 we are fucked

Might aswell break my NDA too then if every fucking person is doing it

So will be shit?
haha wow

They just announced a delay of Pokemon Bank for Sun and Moon until January. Can't have people data mining and finding NX info.

tldr: it's another gimmick

Just like PSTV

*and getting the entire Sun and Moon Pokedex and post-game like the ORAS Demo.

Another Gimmick with 3DS graphics on your plasma tv?

Y E S

NINTENDO WON

So this confirms pokemon sun for NX

This was an oddly casual confirmation

WRONG
R
O
N
G

Iwata said from the start was to unify the architecture between handhelds and consoles, not unify the devices. Pokemon games will be made for both systems because of the iOS-like ease of developing for both simultaneously, thanks to common architecture.

W R O N G

>this is an actual thing
holy shit

>mfw I read that URL as pokemon-ceo-confirms-they-will-make-games-for-children

JUST ANNOUNCE MONSTER HUNTER AND ILL BUY IT

""""""secret"""""

>iwata
and why would his opinion matter

I just hope it's good.

I'm kinda against the idea of a console/handheld hybrid due to the hardware concessions that will need to be made for the console part and the otherwise uneeded extra power the handheld part will probably end up having. A simple, well built 3DS successor would've been great for consumers and developers but Nintendo cant afford to ride on another handheld alone. It's a tough spot for them right now and Nintendo has a lot to prove and a lot of market share to try and claim back.

Just keep third parties on board the ship and have a good line up and rest should follow

Supermetaldave64 on suicide watch

Yeah let's all wait for Iwata to say something before we jump to conclusions.

Gosh I don't know it's almost like he announced the console and their strategy for it, and was involved with every major decision that led to its creation or something

>Previously, our handheld video game devices and home video game consoles had to be developed separately as the technological requirements of each system, whether it was battery-powered or connected to a power supply, differed greatly, leading to completely different architectures and, hence, divergent methods of software development. However, because of vast technological advances, it became possible to achieve a fair degree of architectural integration. We discussed this point, and we ultimately concluded that it was the right time to integrate the two teams.
>If the transition of software from platform to platform can be made simpler, this will help solve the problem of game shortages in the launch periods of new platforms.
>While we are only going to be able to start this with the next system, it will become important for us to accurately take advantage of what we have done with the Wii U architecture. It of course does not mean that we are going to use exactly the same architecture as Wii U, but we are going to create a system that can absorb the Wii U architecture adequately. When this happens, home consoles and handheld devices will no longer be completely different, and they will become like brothers in a family of systems.
>Still, I am not sure if the form factor (the size and configuration of the hardware) will be integrated. In contrast, the number of form factors might increase.
>To cite a specific case, Apple is able to release smart devices with various form factors one after another because there is one way of programming adopted by all platforms.

Get learned.

>hardware concessions that will need to be made for the console part and the otherwise uneeded extra power the handheld part will probably end up having
The Vita and PSTV exist. Just take the handheld and package it in a console. Voila a handheld console hybrid.

Hope it uses the more modern Tegra. If it does I'd be okay with it (being that I've accepted Nintendo dropped from the power race years ago).

And one of the vitas biggest problems was its development costs due to the hardware it was packing. I need to know how they will handle it, I guess they could dedicate a small portion of the hardware so that games are on the 3ds level but perhaps a bit better it will work and continue the success of it and its appeal to third parties that will be great

>It will be a new home console that is going to be more powerful than the Wii U.
>N3DSXL gets an OS update that allows for compatibility with the NX architecture.

So what you're saying is that there will be no reason to buy a NX because all games it has will be playable on the NINTENDO DS NX?

Vita is less expensive to develop than 3DS, it has twice the number of games than the 3DS, from AAA games to VNs. With better hardware you have less dev cost since less optimization and better porting capabilities. 3DS is more expensive and has more regulatory costs like minimum cartridge orders and royalties and stuff.

>Nintendo NX revealed to be hybrid by Pokemon CEO
>Hybrid
>Pokemon
>Ken Sugimori really likes Sega
>?????????????????
THE HYBRID FRONT IS FINALLY COMING TO THE WEST WITH NEW ILLUSTRATIONS BY KEN SUGIMORI

CONFIRMED CONFIRMED CONFIRMED CONFIRMED

that's very interesting, I guess I was wrong then. If that's the case then the NX is looking a lot better than I originally expected. I just hope vita games keep coming over after Ys and that 3ds devs all get on board the nx, so many games will come ad that's great

But the new Zelda looks like the most technologically intensive game Nintendo has made and this can apparently play it.

I don't think the consessions will be bad as far as Nintendo's output atleast goes, it's VERY rare for them to do a massive 6-year-dev-cycle game like this, and if it can run Zelda it can run pretty much anything else they'd produce for it.

Not going to bring up third parties because we'd never have third parties back again anyway.

Can you at least source your quotes, user?

>another fucking gimmick console

And people wonder why no one takes Nintendo seriously anymore.

By what madness do you spring the thought that "it's a really strong handheld that can be hooked up to a TV" is a gimmick?

nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140130qa/02.html

Thanks user.

Think: Wii U 2. The Wii U has this same function but at a limited range.

NINTENDORKS ON SUICIDE WATCH

LMAO

inb4 it has the old tegra and barely has xbox 360 tier graphics

the tears are going to be delicious as fuck

MOM go make me some popcorn

It's not, it was cancelled

It could work if they don't give it a fucking stupid name that confuses and alienates consumers.

Ah who the fuck am I kidding? It'll probably be called the WiiToo or something asinine like that.

Not really. The Wii U can barely be dragged away so you can play while in your bathroom thanks to shitty connection distance. This is a full handheld.

You cannot make a "strong" handheld.

That's what I said you fucking retard. It's the same shit as the Wii U but with a better distance.

Nintendo is finished.

That's my biggest issue with the system. Want to play some SMM in bed? Move your Wii U or fuck you. Fuck that shit.

>Vita has twice the number of games than the 3DS, from AAA games to VNs
>Vita has twice the number of games than the 3DS

Not really. The Wii U's gimmick is a second screen display, not the distance. This has only one screen and is a full handheld.

Do you have anything to add to that?

Then how is it a console hybrid? You're really in some serious denial. That's just nintoddlers though.

Calling it now

>Sub 1080p screen
>Specs from a early 2014 smart phone
>Base That connects to the TV still less powerful than a launch Xbone or PS4

Yes.

Because that's what a gimmick is, are you stupid?

I mean, probably. I'd be okay with a 720p screen, though. As long as it can out put on the TV at 1080p.

I didn't say it was a hybrid? It just sounds like an expensive powerful handheld to me that you can hook up to a TV if you want to. It's basically a better Vita.

And that's already better than a Wii U, which was a misguided concept from the core.

>retards completely ignoring where Iwata explains exactly what the strategy is for the NX, and that handhelds and console hardware won't be integrated
>completely ignoring the fact that Reggie called the NX a home console more than once

I doubt it.

This is nintendo we're talking about

Upscaled to 1080p you mean. It's still running off the handheld hardware.

That's nice, but the good news would be that MONSTER HUNTER WONT BE ON THAT FUCKING 3DS.

Jesus now let's just hope it has some ergonomics. I've missed so much because of 3DS' box shape.

I'd say being able to take my console with me anywhere is better than the Wii U and the Wii. I'd say it's a fairly attractive feature.

So what do you suggest is going to happen?

Nintendo's going to make a NINTENDO NX and a NINTENDO NX GO that play the same games? Wouldn't it be hard to make games that need to be able to run on a handheld while looking good enough on a console?

Not even being snarky, genuinely asking because I'm technologically inept.

This. Fags will believe the hybrid shit just so they can scream NINTENDOOOOMED

>Sub 1080p screen

This. Jesus christ the 3ds is still a 4.8" 240p screen. I just got a new phone, a LG V10, it has a 5.7" 1440p screen.

By that logic anything other than "plays games and has buttons" is a gimmick.

If it's using Tega X1 or X2 it should be able to play in 1080p without much of an issue. Especially with X2.

People do it all the time.

But AMD said they had 3 gaming wins for custom polaris chips; one scorpio and one PS4 pro, the last un-revealed one lining up with the March NX date.

Not really. I mean PC games already do the same thing with graphics setting so the same game can run on shitty laptops and gaming rigs.

Then it's a console then, not handheld.

Tegra X1 was never in a handheld or tablet. The Shield TV is a console.

>Wouldn't it be hard to make games that need to be able to run on a handheld while looking good enough on a console
That's exactly what Iwata is saying they wanted to enable. Making that exact scenario easier for developers by having a common architecture. Now whether the difference between the versions i just performance, or deeper changes, is up to the developer, but the point is they can make the same game for both system without a struggle.

This fits perfectly with the announcement that Pokemon games will appear on the NX (but not SuMo). They can be designed for both systems simultaneously, and all they really need to do is make some higher poly models for the console version.

Why not SuMo? Because as Iwata states, the architecture integration is only happening with the next system (NX). It will take an NX GO before they can make Pokemon games for both.

So many feelings are gonna be hurt when Nintendo finally shows this thing.

>SuMo

I gew up with Nintendo. I loved their IPs. Mario,Zelda,Samus,Falcon,Fox all those iconic figures, and now?

Nintendo is dead, just look what they are doing. They are selling cheap chinese figures and lock DLC behind them, "amiibos",

Nintendo always talked about how they hate to sell an uncomplete game, but now they have no proud and just add DLC to every fucking game.

How was that?: "We will never make games for smartphones."
Okay, but what's Pokemon Go, and now Mario for Apple phones? Are you sane? You are betraying all the people who made you who you are.

Yeah sure the Wii sold like a king, but that won't happen again, you just offered the perfect casual machine during the transmission of the game industry going for casual players. That bandwagon is over, casuals play on their smartphone, you think they will buy the NX? No, Nintendo they won't, your plattform is only supported by us enthusiasts. A guy who grew up with the Playstation or PC is not interessted in your "childish" IPs. But you still don't care.

And for gods sake stop your gimmick bullshit. I don't care about your gimmick shit or the fact that you aren't aiming to compete hardware wise, the thing Nintendo made great was not their hardware or bullshit gimmicks, it was their unique gameplay and good games.

Oh god I wish the NX will be good, but it won't. Nintendo is a dead child, mark my words, they will go even further into the smartphone section.

This will be another disaster.

if Zelda breath of the wild is pushing the limits of nx hardware then to me that's concerning due to the possibility of a lack of third party current gen console support. Yet at the same time if this is a hybrid with an architecture that supports streamline handheld games development then it'll have the backing of Nintendos handheld network instead, that's quite interesting.

It's almost like they are consolidationg the wiiU and the 3DS into a single platform which I think is really smart while leaving the AAA console market entirely to focus on their own first party games that really dont need current gen standard hardware to run or look good anyway.

Underage dumbfuck who's never read anything Iwata has said about hardware or the company and wouldn't understand it if he did detected.

bad pasta

(You)

You know that's that's spin, right?
Do you also take Todd Howard's word on everything he says?

Be the hero we need.

I think the main draw for this, both from consumers and from NIntendo internally, is that it would mean for the first time in decades Nintendo wouldn't be trying to fuel two systems at once, so for once there won't be droughts of releases, or atleast, much smaller than usual.

>Nintendo skipped an E3 reveal due fear of NX concept being stolen
>meanwhile the fucking PSP did it first

wccftech.com/nintendonextgen-nx-console-steal-ideas/

Yeah, us enlightened cynics know much better than the sheeple to believe that when Iwata says "we're not becoming a smartphone company," they're telling the truth. Obviously, that's just spin, and the NX is just misdirection. Retard.

>3DS graphics on ye big 4k HDR plasma OLED IPS display

the dawn of something new

Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=WKnVaDwUg5s

Well I guess Nintendo is dead, then. Chasing gimmicks right into the grave.

Now you're creating a strawman.
Stop idolising corporate figureheads, you fucking tool.

They can do that if they wanted to before. Look at Smash.

it's literally a non-gimmick dumbass

iwata is ded tho

I guess you didn't even read the post I replied to in the first place, so you have no clue what you're talking about, so go ahead and fuck off.

Quality over quantity my dude

The graphics will be much better than the WiiU.
And i'm pretty sure of that because the WiiU hardware is absolutely horrible, and at this point in time the companies will just plain refuse to sell nintendo anything slower than it, as they would have to actually go back in manufacturing processes, and that's more expensive than just shoving a faster chip down's nintendo throat.

Yeah just like the Wii U wasn't a total failure, whatever you say.

Things I'd be excited about:
>it's different consoles (home/portable) but they use the same SDK, so there's a lot more crossplat games
>it's a hybrid that you can plug into a TV
>it's a new portable with good graphics
Things I'd NOT be excited about:
>It's a new portable, but they're gonna do bi-yearly upgrades like 3DS-New3DS/PS4-PS4Pro

>Responding to a shitposter that doesn't even know what a gimmick is

Why?

Nah, smash was two separate versions IIRC. They had to build them seperately. This way is a bit different as one version of a game should work on all NXs.

did you even read the article? it's just that they're going to use a single development platformer, my man.
you're either retarded or you're trolling

>shitchat from a dead man

Smash is two games that took a ton of work to make on two consoles at once. Sakurai probably raged when the NX idea was revealed to him and he found out a future Smash game for two systems could be developed as just one game. Or, maybe he and his team's experience drove the decision to make the NX this way in the first place.

Still the same shit. If you want a PC game to work on both toasters and high end PCs you'll still have to optimize both.

Devs don't care. If they get paid for working for 2 years instead of 1 year they'll get more money.

>If you want a PC game to work on both toasters and high end PCs you'll still have to optimize both
You always "optimize" a game; what enables it to work on varying hardware are LoD, lighting, and AA options, and resolution. That's it. You give less expensive options for the less expensive hardware. NX games targeting two system only have to do with two predefined sets of specs in mind (for now), which makes it even easier.

What it actually says

>Pokémon Co.’s chief executive said Tuesday his company plans to create games for Nintendo Co.’s next-generation system, which people familiar with the plans say is likely to meld features of traditional consoles and hand-held devices.

>“The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device,”

What retards think it says

>OUR LEAK WAS RIGHT THE NX IS A HANDHELD THAT IS THE ONLY THING THIS CLULD MEAN NOT CROSSPLATFORM SUPPORT LIKE WITH THE PS4 AND VITA

I cant ride this train any.ore I'm just gonna fucking ignore Nintendo until they have a fucking official reveal

Devs do care if they need to shit out two games instead of one in two years

>if Zelda breath of the wild is pushing the limits of nx hardware

This is said nowhere and the version we've seen is confirmed wiiiu version

youtube.com/watch?v=Sb1oSrKj_qw

Which was essentially the same for 3DS-Wii U games, however little that amount is.

Then they get paid for two games because they are making two games.

Yes I did.
Your assumptions are based on what boils down to marketing spin, you fucking braindead fanboy.

Sakurai jokes aside, it's not about the experience making a flagship title like Smash over X years. It's about the hardware being attractive to developers, broadly speaking. As Iwata illustrates with the Apple example, developers are attracted to being able to develop for multiple platforms simultaneously. It's not just hours worked, it's the ease of creating a good and maintainable product. This goes even further with more cross-platform (Android + iOS + Windows developed simultaneously). Source: I'm an actual software developer.

That's easy. There will be a home console Nx and a portable nX. But running on the same architecture and OS, wich means you can load your NX cartriges on both consoles. These things are a replacement for wii u and 3ds. New pillar my ass.

Now what you think that means in non-marketing English?

>Nintendo is dead and is going mobile-only, the NX is a fake console
>uh Iwata said they weren't going mobile-only and the NX is coming out in a few months with a dedicated games focus
>DUMB FANBOY BELIEVES EVERYTHING HE READS HURRR IWATA'S STATEMENTS ARE ALL COMPLETELY OPPOSITES OF TRUTH
Kill yourself, you drooling retard.

>off topic..i just can't stand eliot and his autistism in the fucking show. I wish his dad actually killed in some of the scenes.

It means nothing, because it's standard marketing double speak. Every product changes what something means or revolutionises the industry.

I have to agree with this just because dumbasses around here are hyping it so damn much.

I know I'm getting one because my gf is all about those Zelda special edition bundles, and I know it'll be a decent looking device that won't be up to graphical industry standards but will have a good handful of quality first party games and a smaller handful of hit or miss third party games. And too fucking many indie 2D platformers.

Frankly, I don't need it to be a graphical powerhouse. I still happily play my PS3, and if I want graphics I'll just play on the desktop I'm building.

Oh well, I guess i will get a ps4 pro instead of a nx

>my gf

>Which was essentially the same for 3DS-Wii U games, however little that amount is.
It's not essentially the same at all. You can't just run the same game on the 3DS and Wii U and tweak the graphical fidelity. The architectures are not the same and developing for two different architectures simultaneously is not easy.

For games it's usually PS4+PS3+Vita in Japan, and PS4+Xbone in the west.

>Which was essentially the same for 3DS-Wii U games, however little that amount is.
But that's wrong.
>Iwata says that the integration of the two teams can help overcome some technical difficulties. He mentioned, as an example, that it currently takes “a huge amount of effort” to port Wii games to 3DS, and 3DS titles to Wii U. “If the transition of software from platform to platform can be made simpler, this will help solve the problem of game shortages in the launch periods of new platforms,” he said.
nintendoeverything.com/iwata-on-integrating-handheldconsole-teams-next-system-will-absorb-the-wii-u-architecture-adequately-more/

Did you see that battlestation thread last night? There's motherfuckers with kids around here.

Shit, /vr/ is full of settled family men.

People like to forget the young adult gamer demo is males 18 to fucking 30

This comparison is also bullshit.

If we play by the "all backwards compatible games count" then the 3ds's library is
+ 698

Surprisingly good.

No it says the vita numbers doesn't count backwards compatible games and remote play and ps now.

>pokemon game for nx means nx is console-portable hybrid
nah, not jumping to conclusions at all

Yeah but Cred Forums users didn't used to be "young adult gamer demo".

But the real question is what will be its main and highlight color?

>black & red
>black & blue
>white & red
?

Inb4 every individual dev starts leaking shit to force nintendo to stop being cunts and reveal it already

Your right they used to be the young fucking weeb demo

Cred Forums has always been an 18+ site

It follows the people on the videogames board would be vidya demographic

If this means it's library could potentially be the size of a usual generation's worth of Nintendo handheld AND console games then I'll be cautiously optimistic.

I just hope it doesn't fall into the the pitfall of being to big and clunky to be successful as a handheld and too underpowererd to be successful as a console.

i'm hating the whole "fighting against my schizophrenic dad ghost" arc that's going on in the show. i'm four episodes in in this new season and it's just making me want to give up

My point is that Cred Forums used to be home for the "non-average young adult games" ie. the losers, the weebs, the nerds, the kissless virgins, the neets. Now it's just another site like facebook or reddit.

ALL I WANT IS MONSTER HUNTER AND ILL BUY WHATEVER SYSTEM IT IS

tfw no black/red or white/red because nintendo is shit

And what are those games?
1 Smash
1 Mario Kart
10 Mario platformers
10 Mario party games
1 3D Zelda
1 2D Zelda

Hardly a difference

>black/red

Pshhh, nothing personnel kid

>black/red
Edgemaster detected

This thing hasn't even been revealed yet, but see, this is their marketing. Everyone is restless to see what it is.

Here's to that.

Nintendo handhelds usually have a bunch of niche VN, rpg, platformer and strategy games that you obviously haven't heard of because you don't look.

ps4 and ps4 pro are doing the exact same thing

it doesn't have to be edgy, nerds

like pic related but with black plastic

Third parties you mean? They are all on Playstation.

There was never a huge demographic difference. It was always young adult males. The difference was and largely still is 4chans focus on absurdism and it's highly 'core' enthusiast streak. The hardcore enthusiast demo has reduced over time, the absurdism has not.

That's really the only difference this place ever had to anywhere else - "the internet is SRS bsnss" and hardcore jaded enthusiasm

I think we can all agree that square/non-portrait boxes are a travesty and if Nintendo does that for NX it will spell doom for the company. I don't care if it uses carts.

If the NX has a handheld portion, I hope that it could be a 3DS replacement. I travel a lot, so it would be nice to have something new to play.

So, it's a Wii U gamepad that actually functions as a portable device as well without restrictions?

I mean, I don't give a shit about Nintendo and even I predicted this. Is anyone really surprised?

And yet Vita and PS4 have about 10 good games between them.

Nobody knows what it is you dip

WOOOOOOW

It's literally the thing everyone with half a brain could already figure out!

Think about Nintendo as a company.
Think about how their first party developers are split between two platforms.
Think about the current state of console gaming in Japan.
Think about how most kids these days don't give a fuck about current consoles or handhelds.

The NX is a portable handheld device that can hook up to your TV, It is also made to be accessible to people who only have experience with tablets and smartphones. Nintendo IP's will appear on smart-devices and serve as a gateway to get people to buy an NX.

Woah guys I think I'm a genius.

Well. I guess I'm calling it in advance again. I want all the (You)'s when I turn out to be right on the easiest and most obvious prediction ever.

The 3DS is nearing the end of it's life cycle anyways. It's nearly 6 years old.

holy shit, I think Nintendo should hire you!

It technically speaking IS possible to make a non mobile chip that have mobile chip power consumption.
All you have to do is to put the mobile chip optimizations on it (which eat a bit of the die space), but shove a fuckton of extra shader units and ROPS etc, and those remain turned off while on "mobile mode".
It is a bad idea to do this on mobile only devices because would add like 10-20$ to the final cost.

Also you need some sort of active cooling solution when plugged in, which means you need some way to connect heat pipes to the console when on the dock to suck out the heat while on the badass mode.

You PROBABLY can get away with having those copper contacts under the console, and when you fit it into the dock, they get pressed against thermal pads that press against more copper that gets cooled by a fan that hopefully is not as nearly as loud as the original PS4 fan.

i can't even play my 3ds anymore, I just can't handle the pixelated garbage.

>blew the secret.
People with a brain knew since last year it was going to be a hybrid.

..... This man is a fucking genious..........

Another creepy and hot Solution for the deck cooling would be some form of liquid cooling that pushes a rubber tip in the console and runs the liquid inside it before pulling it by the other side.

lol

Remember: Its an Nvidia Tegra powered tablet
I'm still collecting screencaps of damage control and fanboy tears.

Nintendo is done in the console market.

>Think about the current state of console gaming in Japan.
>Think about how most kids these days don't give a fuck about current consoles or handhelds.

Sales disagree with you

>from AAA games to VNs
Now I like VNs and all. But dude
>VNs
Dude.

It would be amusing if you're wrong.

Tegra was never used right due Open GL ES2.0 pulling it down, and when you say "tablet" you imply android and no physical buttons.
Even a underclocked Tegra X1 would completely fucking obliterate the fuck out of the WiiU, being able to for example run zelda BOTW in 1080p.
And well, its a portable.

No, sales definitely seem to agree with me.

People go to handhelds before consoles in japan, Vita sells more than the Wii U for fuck's sake. It makes perfect sense for NX to be both a handheld and a console.

Why cant they just make a new "Super Nintendo"? What is wrong with a normal console, with normal controllers?

At this point, not really.

What I'm worried about is where the design philosophies of games developed for consoles or handhelds will go from here. Handhelds have in the past required smaller production values and less resources thanks to being underpowered compared to home consoles and top of the line PC, making development easier and less financially risky for many. Handhelds have also had different genres or takes on a genre compared to console, as handhelds can be played on the go in short bursts, so it's suitable for stuff like puzzle games, or an RPG that you can pause and work towards clearing over a longer time period. Homogenizing these different platforms is a new thing and new things are scary.

I hope you include yourself in the screencaps so we can all laugh at you.

PS4 is already 40 million units sold and no one will move to a PS4 clone with less games just because nintendo games.

Breath of the Wild will be on NX

Worry not about this

"Homogenizing" the platforms doesn't mean genres and developer libraries will necessarily be homogenized, it just means the option is available to release something across the platforms easily. It will still be up to the developers/publishers what games make sense to release on each platform. If anyone gets to thinking they get free money by just arbitrarily releasing games on both platforms, it will be shovelware anyway, so who cares.

PS4 is selling more than 3DS week by week.

It would be amusing, but he isn't wrong. We've known for a long time this is what the NX would be. Anyone who thought it would be anything else was kidding themselves.

>What I'm worried about is where the design philosophies of games developed for consoles or handhelds will go from here

You're completely right and I fully agree with this.

The hardware is there for an hybrid to work, question is: What happens to game design? Handheld games are generally just designed in a different way, they're generally easier to pick up and play.

Handheld games might become more like console games, and console games might become more like handheld games.

Home console fags just got BTFO

What if, what if, grey?

We haven't had a grey console since the PS1. Or the DS if you count handhelds.

>PS4 is selling more than 3DS week by week.

Hmmm, maybe that has something to do with the fact that you know, Nintendo has a new system coming out?

>The Nintendo Annex will finally be unveiled.
I thought the day would never come

>>“The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device,”
You are all aware that this is nothing new and this kind of statements have been done for a while already, right?

This guy get it.

I just looked at the MC numbers. No it's not. At least from September 05 to September 11.

The conductor of the train is fucking dead.

Nope, he's wrong and you're wrong. Believing it's a hybrid is the result of ignoring everything said about the console by Nintendo, and arbitrarily accepting completely unsubstantiated rumors. Reading what Nintendo has said about it leads to the inescapable conclusion that it is a home console with strong links to the planned "family" of similarly architechtured consoles and handhelds, which will enable an ecosystem without barriers between handheld and console games, but where the "form factors" are not integrated but rather increase in variety. In other words, medium home console, larger home console (more power), big handheld, small handheld...

landscape boxes are sexy as fuck

Honestly, handheld and console games have been pretty much the same for a while now. At least since handhelds could do decent 3D visuals.

I don't see the golf being that different. Especially with modern engines allowing you to have nice visuals without a lot of effort.

It's a wonder the others are still alive, with them heading straight into the sun.

>Remember: Its an Nvidia Tegra powered tablet
Source?

PS4 is being pulled off the shelves in Japan in favor for the Slim. PS4 was overselling the 3DS for the better part of the year.

You're right, landscape from SNES and N64 era are good too. Square is the worst though.

3ds outsells ps4 most months even though the games have all but stopped coming out and the next console is on the horizon

are you high?

Here, let me detail this.
The idea is that the dock have those two "rubber pins" that fit into holes under the portable device, and when the dock detects it is plugged in to the console, it starts pumping up liquid by one of the pins to the internal pipes and heatsinks in the system and collecting it by the other side, and the plugs also have those protuberances on the lower part of the plugs to seal up and keep the console stuck firmly to the base, thus avoiding the whole "cartridge knocked out" syndrome.
And then finally it spits the heat by the sides using an active fan in the base.

This. People who fell for the Eurogamer rumor are now rewriting history implying "it was obvious since the first time they mentioned it", "it's the only possibility", "you're deluded if you think it's anything else" etc. Pathertic really.

No, it doesnt. Not even close

Where we're going we don't need eyes

The 60 million people that have already settled with a PS4 or XB1 are not gonna buy another expensive console just to play Nintendo games and nothing else.

Can't you people read a simple table?

The Eurogamer rumor always implied it was a hybrid.
>Handheld you can plug on your tv
There is no history rewriting.

What about the 100M people who haven't bought an 8th gen console yet?

yeh the 3ds is selling well and thats just jp

But what about all the developers who've been telling us it's a hybrid system? Have they been lying?

Exactly. And when did that come out? Like 2 months ago?
Wow. Yet people now say it was obvious all along as if since the first announcement it was evident that NX was going to be a hybrid.

Actually if you want to belittle PS4 sales then Japan is the only bet you have. If PS4 is the best seller there then it's pretty a homerun for PS4.

Name one.

>But what about all the developers who've been telling us it's a hybrid system?
Such as?

Can you?

If it's fairly priced and has the whole of Nintendo's support on a single system, they might.

They're on PC, mobile or have died.

>Retailers are heading to Nintendo Europe in Germany for undisclosed reason

S T E A L T H R E L E A S E

Price isn't an issue

You can get a boner or ps4 for 250$

Why would I want a Nintendo console?

Why don't you read mine? I said PS4 has been outselling 3DS for the better part of the year.

Source
mynintendonews.com/2016/09/20/retailers-are-heading-to-nintendo-europe-in-germany-for-an-announcement/

To play open world Zelda

The NX was obviously a hybrid since Iwata said they were trying to merge home console and handheld development. Which was one or two years ago.

JUST

>Reading what Nintendo has said about it leads to the inescapable conclusion that it is a home console with strong links to the planned "family" of similarly architechtured consoles and handhelds, which will enable an ecosystem without barriers between handheld and console games, but where the "form factors" are not integrated but rather increase in variety. In other words, medium home console, larger home console (more power), big handheld, small handheld...

Oh wow, and how would Nintendo go about marketing that? Nintendo has said that NX having a simple premise is one of the most important parts of its marketing. This is some serious "Can't see the forest because of all the trees." shit. What you're describing is so diluted and would just be a pain in the ass the market.

It's going to be a fucking handheld you can hook up to the TV, that's easy to understand and to market. If it wasn't we would have heard something else by now, somebody would have casually leaked some other shit.

Everything points in the same fucking direction dude, it's time to give up.

They're gonna let them test the NX and then be quiet about it for a month.

The whole of Nintendo's offerings on one system. Smash, Mario, Pokemon, Zelda. As well as the franchises that Nintendo has a strangle hold on like Monster Hunter.

If the handheld mode is locked to 720p, and it sounds like it will according to the leak about screen specs and etc, then it doesn't need to be as powerful.

For the home mode, I'm thinking the dock will give an extra boost somehow, like an expansion pak. another possibility is that patent about remote computing devices, maybe that's how they will enhance the performance of the home mode.

So the usual Nintendo shit

I'll pass

So, NX is a nintendo version of the nazi party?

720p is powerful, and highly doubtful for Nintendo. You were just paying 200 dollars for a 240p handheld this year.

>All those fags who doubted the rumors

They don't market that, you dildo, they market "NOW YOU CAN PLAY ZELDA ON NX AND NXPORTABLE!" What I described is how they sell it to developers, who aren't as stupid and easily confused as consumers.

a 2DS is 80 bucks user

>The NX was obviously a hybrid since Iwata said they were trying to merge home console and handheld development
Except everything he said was the opposite of that. Retard.
>form factors might increase
>we want to make porting to different devices easier
>we want to do like iOS and Android do, same apps running on devices with different specs

What's the official price?

>hand held you can hook up to your tv

I fucking loved playing gba gamrs on my tv with that gamecube attachment

that is it. the 3D screen is what drives the price point high to begin with

>i-it's a hybrid because eurogamer said so!!
educate yourselves retards

>They don't market that, you dildo, they market "NOW YOU CAN PLAY ZELDA ON NX AND NXPORTABLE!" What I described is how they sell it to developers, who aren't as stupid and easily confused as consumers.

Nintendo of all companies won't go down the route of putting out multiple devices with similar functionality at the same time.

At most they'll sell the handheld and docking station separately. This whole talk about "form factors" doesn't mean jack shit for the actual system we are getting now, it just means that the NX is potentially more geared towards having a PS4pro like future.

Why are people ignoring this?

I didn't say they would come out at the same time. The NX is the starting point in the "family of handhelds and consoles" with shared architecture.

Who cares about videogames nerd.

because it's a rumor

we won't get leaks because Nintendo ninjas would literally kill anyone spilling the beans

we're getting an announcement "rumour" at best, that's it

They will reveal an all-singing, all-dancing Shibata Amiibo!

>What we mean by integrating platforms is not integrating handheld devices and home consoles to make only one machine.
>What we mean by integrating platforms is not integrating handheld devices and home consoles to make only one machine.

Hybridfags BTFO with one quote

nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130131/05.html

Further reading
> What we are aiming at is to integrate the architecture to form a common basis for software development so that we can make software assets more transferrable, and operating systems and their build-in applications more portable, regardless of form factor or performance of each platform.

>What we are aiming at is to integrate the architecture to form a common basis for software development so that we can make software assets more transferrable, and operating systems and their build-in applications more portable, regardless of form factor or performance of each platform.

Sooo, a hybrid with different versions of the same game running on the console and handheld.

We both know that last one is going to happen.

>GBA-GBASP-GB Micro
>DS-DS Lite- DSi
>3ds-New 3ds

When hasn't Nintendo made multiple versions of their handhelds? All we need now is hardware exclusive Pokemon when the NX+ comes out.

Because the source is a random twitter user

>a hybrid
>not only one machine
You are literally braindead

Are you being retarded on purpose?

I just called my uncle who works for one of Germany's big elentronic retailers. He more or less confirmed that the leak is true (he is a bad liar).

This means... METROID 5!!!!!!!!!

The second hardware is going to be a fucking docking station for the handheld for additional power and it will run a different version of the game.

How is that not a hybrid?

My uncle is Reggie and he could kick your uncle's ass

I hope Shibata becomes the new world wide face of Nintendo.
He's the best.
youtube.com/watch?v=SI30r7RxQi0

It wont have nvidia at all. The leaks are wrong.

To play real games that you can only play on their console, instead of inferior watered down ports and multiplats while also having to pay for online?

Are you being retarded on purpose?

Explain how "Different hardware running the same game" excludes it being a hybrid instead.

Fuck off you retard. It's clear he's not saying this

but not in the same way. they were usually revisions with added features, not 1.5 generations like what's happening to the ps4pro

because a hybrid is by definition one device not multiple

God damn you Nintendo, you just had to fuck with the handhelds, didn't you?

What's wrong, people liked the 3DS too much? People didn't want your shitty tablet-ridden 4thefamiilii fundrain?

>The NX will have day 1 PS TV tier compatibility.

Screen cap this.

>because a hybrid is by definition one device not multiple

What a stupid fucking thing to get caught up on.

Who has fucking said the NX can't potentially have additional hardware for home use? Nobody.

When will Nintendo return to this?

>I just hope it doesn't fall into the the pitfall of being to big and clunky to be successful as a handheld and too underpowererd to be successful as a console.

THIS.

"The man who chases two rabbits, catches neither."

Shut up, Magnus

I didn't want that hot spring anyway

>that one faggot who's still in denial, trying to twist Iwata's words.

Whoops forgot link

youtu.be/uZWKuUymKdM

You and most of Cred Forums weren't going to get it even if it gave you blowjobs.

So which franchises are confirmed kill?

Mario & Luigi
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Kid Icarus
Etrian Odyssey

Sadly Paper Mario already made the jump back to console. Damn it.

>trying to twist Iwata's words.
That would be you, going through the incredible mental gymnastic necessary to turn this:

Into anything other than completely disqualifying the hybrid rumors.

How can it be a hybrid if it needs extra hardware retard? is the GBA a hybrid?

Why would it be bad if it was a console/handheld hybrid?
This means I don't have to buy to systems to play MH and Zelda.

>"The man who chases two rabbits, catches neither."
>not knowing how to place snare traps

Your V10 is also $400, and doesn't play games at 1440p.

The main issue is that the size of the handheld limits how powerful it can be as a console.
You can't shove a massive 64db loud blower fan in it.

>NX
>Needs extra hardware

It doesn't fucking need it though, the hardware would only be needed for when using it as a console. Which could either be sold bundled or separately.

Because consoles are cancer. So all we'll get is a clumsy handheld.

this is still real right

Keep going, more content to screencap and post later

99% chance of it doing neither well at all.

loss?

>later

You mean in five hours?

So yeah the GBA is a hybrid since it only needs a Gamecube and a Gameboy Player when you want to play on the TV. Good job.

Are those for your nipples?

This is fucking retarded.

If it does use Tegra Parker then it won't need a powerful cooling system. At most it would need something like a thermal spreader like what is in some smartphones today.

Couldn't this just mean they're working on another Pokemon Stadium game? Or Colosseum.

aren't they going to put Breath of the Wild on it?
if it's a mobile device that has a console zelda game on it then in a way it is a hybrid

>B-BUT NX CAN STILL BE A 6TFLOP HOME CONSOLE WITH A HANDHELD MODEL! WHO CARES IF NOTHING INDICATES IT'S MULTIPLE SYSTEMS!

When multiple websites confirmed with their sources it's a hybrid, it's a hybrid

Except the GC was made to run GC games, not GBA games without the add-on.

The NX would be made to run all games both as portables and as stationary from the ground up.

>not wanting a more powerful handheld
What a faggot, I bet you are a piratefag who just wants more games to pirate on his 3DS.

But it is powerful enough to run third party games without having to significantly rewrite em while on this configuration?

Is the ps4 pro a portable ps4? That sounds neat.

>why would it be bad if this 9th gen nintendo console is less powerful than an xbox 360 and costs around 300 dollars
The only positive here is that when it gets hacked it probably will be able to emulate almost anything out currently

By your definition
>GBA is a handheld
>with extra hardware it can play games on the TV
Ergo, it's a hybrid.

>When multiple websites with no credibility trying to get NX-related views claimed to have confirmed with unspecified sources, it must be true

>Tegra X1 was never in a handheld or tablet
Wrong

>multiple websites confirmed
lmao

They also put sm4sh, hyrule warriors and yarn yoshi on the 3DS. Is that a hybrid too then?

Don't know. Nvidia hasn't shown any power consumption number for the Parker.

>not muh weeb sites!
>filthy western gaijin liars
>I-I-I don't care if they were proven right and their sources were validated

They don't actually have credible sources dude, don't just see the OP puts a link to a website that says something cool and leave it at that, that's stupid.

""""""""confirmed""""""""

Christian Science Daily is the best site for gaming news baka gaijin kun

>NINTENDO NX RELEASE DATE? MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE EVER MADE??

>Wanting games that focus on graphics/presentation/marketing instead of gameplay/music/content

You casuals already killed EVERY other faucet of gaming, do you have to ruin handhelds too?

>weeb sites
What does that have to do with anything?

>they were proven right
Link?

>their sources were validated
Link?

but will it have games

Yes.

Since it's the Pokemon Company and not GameFreak specifically, it could mean anything BUT a mainline game.

>they were proven right and their sources were validated
When did that happen?

AMD doesn't even have ARM based hardware ready. I'd love to believe they'll have something out in time for the NX but that doesn't seem feasible in the given timeframe.

Did WiiU have games?
No.

We must see what Mr.Peter can do before flinging any webs at the system.

The only circunstancial evidence i have of nintendo going for an Nvidia chip is that it fits their "modus operandi".
They're basically a living incarnation of the pawn stars guy, and will only use chips they can get an absolute bargain for.

And given the rejection the tegra chips get from the mobile industry at large due it being useless at Open GL ES 2.0 in terms of performance/power, nintendo would be the ONLY source willing to buy it.

it did

Thank god. Then we might actually have something to look forward to.

To be fair, video-out is hardly a patented idea and you can video out your phone or Smart Device to a TV as you could a Digital Camera.

Fucking absolute retards.

cody btfo

Also
>implying hybrid

I think you mean Xbox and Windows 10. Nobody knows what the fuck Sony's doing, oh right trying to compete with PCs.

No, think of the NX more like a GBA, and with a GBA Gamecube Add-on, but no actual Gamecube.

Your comparison makes no sense because the GBA can't run GC games.

Gamecube GBA Add-on:
Handheld>>Console

NX:
Handheld>

If you like Nintendo's first party games, you'll probably like it if nothing absolutely terrible happens.
If you're into third party games, there's no doubt you'll enjoy another platform best.

As of now, all I can come up with are Zelda, Pikmin 4, and a new Mario.

Nintendo has announced more games for smartphones than the NX.

Actually the Mr. Parker is being used in self driving cars. So Nintendi isn't the only source that will buy them.

>Announcing games for a console which hasn't been revealed yet

So you admit you have no evidence of any "source" ever being confirmed.

Some self driving cars.
I doubt that number will reach let's say a million.

It's still ground for nintendo go to nvidia and say something along the lines of "we have 30 million reasons for you to do the price we want"

I hope Nintendo goes third party

Why?

yeah man can't wait to play Zelda on my brand new Playstation 4™ Pro®

Just like the last time Nintendo used Nvidia

nintendolife.com/news/2009/10/nvidia_powered_ds_successor_coming_2010

So I don't have to deal with their overpriced underpowered hardware

i like how this image has evolved over the years.

That's true but I don't think Nintendo expects to produce 30 mil NXs right off the bat.

but why would you want to play their kiddie shit rehashes? :^)

And I never even hugged a girl in my life

>years
user, we've only known about NX for 1 year and a half. And _I_ only made this pic some months ago.

>B-BUT IWATA SAID!!!!!
He's dead

Also, Pokémon Go happened and Nintendo is now shifting entirely to mobile.

Not that guy but if some of the Nintendo games are on platforms I own I'll probably give them a shot.

Devs prioritizing one console (ex. handheld version feels great, then console version not used to its potential)

He died one year ago, if you think they scrapped everything the day after and remade the console from scratch you're delusional.
Seriously why do people go to such lengths to deny the facts and believe the rumors?

>"What we mean by integrating platforms is not integrating handhelds devices and home consoles to make only one machine."

Why is the hybrid meme still around? Iwata deaded that shit years ago?

Of course not, but they can ask for 5 mi now and show a "roadmap" that says basically "we're reaching at least the same sales as the 3DS".

Because every rumor that has come out from eurogamer in the past year has been true

Jesus, I can't wait until this thing is announced so that all the shit posters going "N-no, there's no proof, multiple leaks and sources don't mean it's a hybrid!" can finally get over their denial.

I mean come on

How dim would you have to be to not see that this points towards everything we've been told so far?

Because Iwata is fucking dead.

OK you dumb namefag

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Just like Emily Rogers right?

It's funny to me that you think that.

See

He's also the man who headed development of the NX. You're an idiot if you think because a president of a company dies that a project that involved hundreds of people and years of planning is changed.

The NX is a home console that will share the same dev environment with whatever handheld Nintendo releases.

That's a fact, not a rumor.

The Nvidia chip thing is true though. Might not be X1 but its Nvidia.

It also has a dock that apparently boosts power.

I kno rite? muh eurogaymer is more reliable than every quote by actual Nintendo heads

For a 3DS form factor, it was absolutely retarded to use the original tegra.
Also they found a much better deal with those PICA 200 chips, because the way they render things are just not good at all for smartphones.
They're basically ES 1.1 chips that have the most popular 2.0 level effects hardcoded in, like dot 3 normal mapping, shadow casting etc..
That is absolutely useless for smartphones because all the games for it use softcoded shaders, and no one would be willing to make games exclusively for a "pica 200".

The PlayStation Neo says hi

Kid Icarus can be literally anything you crybaby fagit

>top down shmup please Ninty

>The Nvidia chip thing is true though. Might not be X1 but its Nvidia.
>
>It also has a dock that apparently boosts power.
Source?

Do you not think that they've possibly continued to change and adapt the NX to new ideas?

There is always the possibility that it originally wasn't meant to be a hybrid, but eventually evolved into one as Nintendo saw the potential in the idea.

>Source?

My dad told me. He works with people close to Nintendo.

This

Plans can change user.

making mobile and console versions is a bad idea as the mobile version will likely flop as 3ds owners are happy with what they have which is still getting games and people will buy the console version thinking it's more powerful and the rock solid answer is that they compete with one another since it's the same hardware which hurts sells for both.

Plus they also have to design the custom chip since Parker is originally designed with an interface for selfdriving cars. It might end up killing the power of the NX since the power consumption will be different.

well my uncle is sakurai and he could beat reggie and your uncle's ass

You mean the single quote from Iwata in 2013? Remember when Nintendo said "We'll never make smartphone games"?

reddit is not your ded

No. You have no idea how hardware development works. The main tenants of the NX aren't changing in one year.

The console is going g to be called the Wii-Union

You can't plan, develop, manufacture, make games for, distribute devkits for, etc a console in one year. Or two.

Yes, Because 3 gimmickless clone consoles is better then 1 trying something else.

>Killing their own CEO to keep the nature of their next console a secret

It's bears, isn't it

yes user, one single quote

Nothing has been said in the past year to counter the idea of a hybrid. Literally nothing. Last quote to go against the idea was from Iwata in 2013.

How do you boost power with a dock? Another CPU or GPU in the dock?

learn to share.

They want us to believe they're trying to change the concept of a home and handheld console... by releasing both a home and handheld console. Their delusion is blinding them to the glaring fault in their logic.

>b-but these Iwata quotes I'm taking out of context!

How sad.

Nvidia kinda works like lego.
They create this modular architectures with processing cores and ROPs and stuff, and simply mix and match the pieces until they get the performance/power they want.
I woulnt be surprised if the "CUSTOM NINTENDO CHIP" is a
--constant numcores: integer := 8;
constant numcores: integer := 4;

I failed Nintendo by not buying a WiiU. All those games, tantalizing me.

I will not fail them, no matter what the NX is, I will buy it. Unless it's the same shit as the PS4/Xbone

my rumor from emily!! she would never lie for clicks!! and neither would my bros at eutogamer!!

>Several quotes taken from the same interview.

Right.

They never said they would never make smartphone games, only that they had n plans to at the time (and said they wouldn't become a mobile company). Even if they had, which again, they didn't, you're trying to compare statements about long-term company plans vs. their strategy for the current console they're developing.

>out of context
Literal retard. The context is Iwata talking about their strategy for the NX to his investors.

>Source

:)

To be fair, it wasn't confirmed Nvidia chipset but they have NXs at their office, dunno why that would be if they weren't putting stuff in it.

I bought a Wii U day 1 and deeply regret it still. Even though I bought like 18 games total.

again, you have no idea how hardware dev works. it's not a change you can make in a year, fool.

Put a beefy chip in the tablet, undervolt and clock the fuck out of it until it consumes power as a mobile chip, and ramp up when back on the dock.

>they have NXs at their office
Source?

I think it will be, but maybe not. We'll see soon enough.

wccftech.com/amd-making-processor-nintendo-nx/

Apparently counting isn't something you're very good at. Try again.

It's cute you're this dedicated. You remind me of those people who called the leaked Smash 4 video a Brawl mod

The kingmaker of vidya truly will be the company that makes the iPad of home consoles.

Anybody who uses a laptop can tell you that. Steve Jobs could've told you that.

I find it hilarious people would believe rumors from people who have been wrong before instead of people who actually work at Nintendo.

You need a fan for that, which means vents in and out on the handheld that normally are not being used.

I have a suspicious apple is here to sour your party by releasing a macbook based on a custom SoC that includes the AMD Zen CPU/GPU.

Can't disclose.

Right because they of course Iwata would change his mind the day after that interview. Retard, stop talking.

It's cute how much you're trying to hand-wave away direct statements by the CEO about what the console is and isn't.

>But that's out of context, in context he actually means "we're integrating the hardware and creating only one machine" ;)

>people think nintendo will make a hyrbrid that sucks at being a console and as a handheld instead of just a console and handheld that have the same dev environment so there won't be game droughts

And mechanically protected at that.
The cheapest way to do that would be the NX having a removable lid under it, with a very familiar cartridge edge connector and direct "view" to the system heatsink.

>multiple sources and devs confirming it's a hybrid
or
>One interview from years ago that doesn't even contradict the hybrid rumor

Gee, I wonder why

>devs confirming it's a hybrid
Source?

those are rumors, and they haven't been confirmed.

eurogamer was wrong about the ps4 pro and they're wrong about this.

Since the consoles will have the same system architecture, would that apply with the Nintendo network as well?

>multiple sources
All reporting each other's articles.

>devs confirming it's a hybrid
>still can't give even one example of a dev that did this
Lmao

>people think that two separate hardware will somehow challenges the concept of what a home or portable console is

Do you realize how fucking retarded you sound?

These people are known as "retards."

by that he means consoles and portables will have the same games

he didn't confirm anything about a hybrid.

It's pretty obvious what's happening.

>NX is a handheld with TV out
>Upcoming unannounced home console with unified platform

Nintendo always releases their next generation handheld first.

Mobile technology also doesn't use heatsinks. There's no use of it if there's no vents.

No you fucking retard. There are literally no Wii U games coming but you are telling me they are releasing a handheld first when 3ds games are still being made?

Nah

That would be plausible except for the fact that BotW and Sonic 2017 are on the NX and not "the thing after the NX."

I know it's gonna sound strange but hear me out.

What if we wait for Nintendo to officially say something about the NX?

Just get a controller handle
They cost less than $10

You are both wrong. NX is a hybrid console and handheld.

Sony did it.

I mean, the results were catastrophic but they still did it.

That's what we've been doing for like 3 years now. It's not working.

That does nothing to change the concept you fucking idiot, and it's nothing new even for Nintendo

FUCK YOU

NX was first mentioned one year and 5 months ago silly.

Ain't nobody got time fo' that.

It could still be years. At this stage the sheer combined expectation for the NX could conjure it into existence before Nintendo even has a chance to say a word.

What's the name?

Have you actually read any of his later quotes?

After that point he stops discounting the idea of a hybrid. A year or two later he even says he's "not sure" if they will go with a hyrbid-form factor or not.

Stop clinging so desperately to things said 3 years ago. It makes you look retarded.

It's just blurry enough, and with such an obvious screengrab of old BotW footage, to be real!

The idea is that "it has vents" while plugged to the base.

NX is delayed.

I can feel it.

3U and 4U with a CPP has the best controls out of any Monster Hunter. Way fucking better than the console shit like Dos and Tri.

>A year or two later he even says he's "not sure" if they will go with a hyrbid-form factor or not.
Source?

>A year or two later he even says he's "not sure" if they will go with a hyrbid-form factor or not
Source or kill yourself.

>It could still be years
The release date is March 4, 2017.

That one took effort, because its actually printed on glossy stuff.

>Vita has twice the number of games than the 3DS
>Vita has twice the number of games
>Vita has games

The thing I don't like about the hybrid thing is that I feel you have to make a watered down console to make it work as both a console and a handheld.

well done fake. i like it.

>The suspected release date is March 4, 2017.
Fixed. We all thought BotW would release back in 2015 or 2014 as well.

>I feel you have to make a watered down console

Wow its not like Nintendo has been doing that for the last two gens.

The best part is how it's so zoomed in you can't tell what the fuck you're even looking at.

c.f. this actual "leak" of a Nintendo reveal.

>"Still, I am not sure if the form factor (the size and configuration of the hardware) will be integrated."

And

>"Whether we will ultimately need just one device will be determined by what consumers demand in the future, and that is not something we know at the moment."

Both Iwata in 2014.

>last 2 gens

You mean since the game and watch
Its literally nintendo´s philosophy to use outdated tech in new ways

Now you are just wishing for miracles.

>tripfag being a delusional drama queen

I'm just thinking on the cheapest way to cool down the system, and the idea is simply "it has a hole that gives access to the PCB and the base blows in it".

t. pretendo

Hmm weird, I can't find the word hybrid anywhere in those quotes.

Those are from the same presentation as has been quoted repeatedly. Iwata reiterates the exact same thing as the 2013 meeting:

>Still, I am not sure if the form factor (the size and configuration of the hardware) will be integrated. In contrast, the number of form factors might increase.
>In contrast, the number of form factors might increase.

I admit I hadn't read the quote about "ultimately whether we need one device." But given that in 2013 and 2014 Iwata considered it an unknown, and this being a mere 2 years later (with the hardware having to be finalized well before now), I don't think it makes sense to conlcude it's a hybrid. Who asked for a hybrid? Doesn't everybody think their 3DS is fine and the Wii/Wii U line needs a reboot? Why flagship your hybrid with a BotW, a Wii U title?

If anything, his speculation about the future possibly holding one integated device, while cautioning against that kind of thinking now and saying "in contrast, the number of form factors might increase" sounds like maybe the NX3 will be integrated. Not the NX.

That would be what a "single device" would be dipshit.

All of Nintendo's consoles were based on outdated tech, this is nothing new.

They're holding out on us until we're ready to suck Mario's fat fetid wop dick.

That's because you are a retard.

So? The 3DS is a "single device" but it's not a hybrid. That doesn't say anywhere that the "single device" would work as both handheld and home console.

It's actually brilliant, since everyone is already adapt at using that to make games. The reason we get flops like Ryse and Knack is because developers were forced to work with state of the art tech that nobody had any idea what to do with.

In all honesty, without acting like I know exactly what it is, I honestly believe that the NX started out as two separate devices, and slowly moved to portable only as time went on. This would explain how they would be able to do a hybrid without redesigning the whole system.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It just confuses me to see people so against the idea, Eurogamer may not have all the answers, but their sources came from somewhere. Not to mention that they weren't the only one to confirm the idea of a hyrbid.

>he didn't play 3U with the pro controller

But his spirit lives on with every Nintendo product you purchase, user.

I'm gonna save myself the energy. Go find the quote and read it in context. He was very obviously talking about whether they should have a single console instead of a handheld and a console.

>he didn't play MHFU on an emulator with plug 'n play

Obviously there are way more steps than that. You yourself said it needs to be mechanically secure, and having a trap door that opens to your heatsink is not a good idea. And look at the size of the fan and heatsink you need to have. Heatsink has to go to the main CPU chip. All this done by Nintendo? Come on son.

>implying Cred Forums would ever trade bowser for him

>doesn't post the source
Wow thanks man.
>He was very obviously talking about whether they should have a single console instead of a handheld and a console.
And? Maybe they're leaving the home console market.

I think more on a thing you remove manually, rather than an failure mode mechanical springy bullshit.
Of course, that would lead to quite a considerable number of people losing their downlids.
And we're still not talking about OG PS4 levels of power here exactly, but more like 10-20 watts.

Thanks for the reasonable response. I'm personally not against the idea, it's just my reading of the comments made by Nintendo has me pretty much convinced it's a home console. There's a lot of possibilities to be sure, like you say, starting with one thing and slowly progressing to others. Since it's a "family of systems," maybe everybody's ideas about the NX will happen eventually, just not in March.

>the NX started out as two separate devices, and slowly moved to portable only as time went on
Biggest issue I see with that is that they're making the harder step first. A portable console that can "adequately absorb the Wii U architecture," play BotW, and not disappoint people who were waiting for the next great Nintendo home console after being disappointed by the Wii U? That's a tall order.

Starting with a console to user out the Wii U, keeping up 3DS support for a year or two, then bring out the NX-family handheld makes sense to me. Maybe the step after that is a hybrid.

You're a grown-up, you can find the source yourself.

And yes, it makes a lot more sense for them to leave the console market entirely instead of doing a hybrid console. It definitely fits with the quote in the OP too, right?

I'd be more likely to believe it if the center unit didn't have identical ports to the controller attachments. Female to Female interfacing doesn't work very well, even if it is sexy.

Yeah, I can definitely see where you're coming from. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh yeah manual removable covers. Wow just wow. What's next? You have to apply the thermal paste every time you want to dock too?

Bring back the Gamecube purple

Kek. NX for hardware enthusiasts only. Casuals get out.

A liquid cooling solution like

I would love that logo if they used it.

Red main and white seconrdary

why would they use that logo if NX is just a codename?

;_;

I...I don't know user. At this point I'm just terrified they're going to try using "Wii" in the name again, and am just hoping for something completely different, because I believe with 100% certainty that at least one person suggested calling it the Wii V at some point.

I just stopped reading after you said Nintendo is dead and amiibos. You just don't understand anything. It's not for you, so cya.

Kimishima already said it won't be a successor to the Wii line.

didn't Kimishima say explicitly that they want to move away from the Wii brand? He hated the name Wii U.

You fucking idiot.

>>Son, do I need to say more?

Post yfw hybrid theory is actually true and they start giving every single game the smash 4 treatment and cutting content based on handheld limitations.

What did he say when he meaned this?

he's attentionwhoring. how would declaring the fact he signed an NDA not go against exactly that?

>and they start giving every single game the smash 4 treatment and cutting content based on handheld limitations.

>What the Title Said:
Nintendo NX revealed to be hybrid by Pokémon CEO
>What I expected:
Hybrid
>The actual quote:
"The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device."

If they have to sign NDAs doesn't that mean we will have to wait even longer for news?

>hybrid theory
>Linkin Park
>Popular to edgy teens in the GameCube Era.

Less expensive to develop games for, not necessarily less expensive for the consumer, you numbnut

Yeah, it's relieving to get exactly what we expected from the article instead of the usual clickbait posted here.

Not that user, but most Vita games aren't exclusive and the ones who are sure aren't AAA.
3DS has a lot more AAA titles than the avita.

I wonder when they would have actually announced the console if Iwata hadn't felt pressured to do so to reassure investors Nintendo wasn't going mobile-only. Months later? Years?

so what do we make of this?

Source on this easily photoshopped image? >August-September issue
Shouldn't that have already come out? Where are pictures of the article itself?

where's the original cover?

Reminder, Nintendo merging both handheld and console efforts into one machine will be the biggest pay off since the Wii.

It's going to give it potential to have PS2 levels of variety and release windows

But we knew it would've been a hybrid for almost a year now

German propaganda

We are most likely getting the announcement in the second week of October

Paper Mario Color Splash comes out in October 7 and Nintendo wants to get that out of the way first since it's the final Wii U exclusive game

That looks like it's even more of a pain to hold than the wii u gamepad

mock ups do appear on covers although when it happens there's a line of text describing it is one

Found a PDF download link but it will take ~10 minutes. My guess is either photoshop, or it's another mockup.

Actually, these scans were uploaded on August 31 so I don't think there's any chance there's anything new in here. As if an NX reveal happened in a gaming magazine and no one noticed for a while month.

I just want a 720p or beyond handheld with Wii U power.

And I want 4k 60fps, your point?

>wanting a meme resolution

>Auch bei Nintendo tut sich was, die Hinweise auf das Konzept der NX-Konsole verdichten sich. Unser Autor und Technik-Fan Thomas Stuchlik berichtet ab Seite 24 über die letzten Entwicklungen an der Informations-Front.

>Wie wird Nintendos kommende Hardware aussehen? Auf was dürfen sich Spieler freuen? M! präsentiert Euch eine mögliche Zukunftsvision.

It's a mockup/rumor article.

Someone translate this but it looks like it's just rumors.

>All these Nintendogs in denial

It's a fucking hybrid, just accept it already.

See >M! präsentiert Euch eine mögliche Zukunftsvision.
>M! brings you a possible vision of the future.

>Controller für zwei
>Führer for two

kid icarus was one of my favorite games on the 3ds

nothing concrete, they don't know anything we don't

two days.

Stop that, every damn day it's TOMORROW FOR SURE YOU GUYS

You're gonna give some gullible hyped lad an ulcer.

I fucking wish

If they don't announce it this week I'm literally gonna stop caring about nintendo forever.

I was just pointing out the first day of Fall, user. Geez.

Reminder that you did this to yourself.

I fully expect some kind of official announcement by the end of the first week of Oct.
If we don't hear anything by then, that's when I'll start worrying

you hypocrite

meant for sorry

Damn that green looked pretty good

Admit it, you'll start caring again immediately when they announce it.