CD Projekt RED: Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger' than the Witcher 3

>CD Projekt RED: Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger' than the Witcher 3

usimghub.club/2016/09/cd-projekt-red-cyberpunk-2077-is-far.html

who hyped here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=USVr936aKzs
youtube.com/watch?v=bewyyjNvqYE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I loved TW3, but properly making use of its area with actual content was a bit too large a mouthful to CDPR.
An even bigger bunch of not very much filled with question marks and useless vendor-trash loot isn't really what I am looking forward to.

Have you played the current incarnation of TW3? It's pretty solid.

I played through the game at launch, have been meaning to do a full replay one of these days when I have the time (already got both extension packs, I'm saving them up for that).

Oh hell no. Is there anyone who thought the Open World aspects of TW3 were its strong points?

oh boy can't wait for another open world game where majority of quests are still linear as fuck

Yep, we finally get good fantasy open world.

I really hope you can make your own character. I dont want to play as some Jensen clone.

You don't need to have every corner, hill, nook, and cranny filled with content in a game world.

Sometimes, having open fields and basins filled with nothing but nature is a good thing, adds to realism and immersion.

It's been patched many times. I think the version out now is the "complete" edition or some such. A lot has been added/fixed/changed, not including the paid DLC.

>far bigger
so it will be an empty sandbox with literally nothing except for a few districts and maybe a handful of points of interest scattered here and there.
Just don't. Not asking for them to make a Mankind Divided level tiny town, but just anything but full Ubisoft-tier sandbox

After Witcher I have zero expectations for this game being any good. I hope I'm wrong because I'm craving a decent AAA cyberpunk game that isn't Deus Ex but the future isn't looking bright.

Too badThe wirld is still empty and filled with filler shit equipment, though. Liberating abandoned settlements is still completely wothless etc.

So what made you enjoy it?

I see your point, even agree to it to a certain extent (ME1 MAKO driving around on planet surfaces, massive stellar bodies above and great music was fun as hell) but it's not always that that happens.
So the promise alone that CP77 will be bigger isn't all that grand, and I would rather have a somewhat denser, more populated world.

Please tell me they've added fucking cooking mechanics. I love stuff like that, and carrying around all that raw meat was silly.
How hard can it be?

I'm excited, but the game being "bigger" is not necessarily good. A lot of criticism for TW3 came from the fact that although it's a massive world and there's lots to do, there's very little of substance while exploring. Look at the Skellige sea points of interest for one of the biggest examples: it's all just smuggler's caches with randomized, leveled loot. And there's like 30 of them. I don't necessarily want bigger. Quality over quantity. Not to say I didn't enjoy exploring the world in TW3, but imagining a bigger game than that has me worried since there were a lot of dull moments too.

I'm also worried because CD Projekt Red has, from what I know, just been working on The Witcher over the years. If it is cyberpunk then there will most likely be guns. And if that's the case will it be a first person shooter? Will it be like Vampire the Masquerade where it's a little of everything? And do they have any experience with gameplay other than hack and slash combat combined with minor RPG systems? It's a big jump for them in a lot of ways. I'm sure the world and story will be pretty good (though they're not going off another author's world, so who knows) but the gameplay could be a total mess.

Who knows. I'm excited about whatever they're working on, but I also know that a developer who has made fantasy RPGs for the past years jumping into a science fiction world that is an even bigger project may end up a disaster.

Maybe they could ask some other studio to help with the shooting mechanics?

Hope they can make combat not suck fucking ass unlike Babby's first MATURE game for ADULT gamers like himself: 3

HoS and BaW are better than the base game. they're incredible.

HoS' story is seriously some of the best I've ever seen in gaming, and there's so much attention to detail. fuck.

their engine is so fucking shit, it's just a super basic engine with a bunch of extra visual things tacked on that aren't well optimized

i managed to make witcher 3 look, absolutely no exaggeration, worse than a ps1 game, and that shit still lagged like crazy.

even then, you can just tell that the engine is barely any good at all, or just that CDPR isn't talented enough, like all the animations are garbage, especially important shit, like GERALT'S FUCKING WALK ANIMATION, also roach.

basically i'm butthurt that i can't run witcher 3

>If it is cyberpunk then there will most likely be guns. And if that's the case will it be a first person shooter?

I expected by default that it would be third person. It makes the most sense since CDPR has always used third person and if they make it first person there will be too many comparisons to Deus Ex. They want to make CP2077 stand out.

>muh souls hardcore combat

Sure, but then there's always the risk of varying levels of quality and consistency due to two different developers working together. Look at Deus Ex Human Revolution for example, they outsourced the boss fights from what I remember and because of that they were completely inconsistent to the rest of the game's mechanics.

But yeah, they could get help in that regard. I hope they do because making a sword slash feel good is very different from making guns feel powerful. And honestly, they've been criticized for the core gameplay of their games before. So it's not like they're starting on a high point necessarily.

Meh, TW3 was ok but not as good as Fallout 4. I think these Polacks should stick to plumbing and forget about designing video games.

>basically i'm butthurt that i can't run witcher 3

Then upgrade your rig. I just bought a new graphics card and it's fine now.

xd

Seeing as it's based on a tabletop rpg and not a book series with an established protagonist, I'd be surprised if it doesn't allow you to create your own character.

>I hope they do because making a sword slash feel good is very different from making guns feel powerful.

They really need to get the sound right for the weapons. If they have enough of that OOMPH then it will satisfy that powerful feeling of firing a gun.

Why would you put the effort of making the game bigger than the Witcher 3 instead of more polished, compact and varied.

Content means nothing if the gameplay isn't good.

Stupid witcherfags

I'm concerned by this. It took them like 4 years, several delays, downgrades, and insane crunch time the last year to get TW3 out the door. How the fuck are they gonna manage this if it's FAR bigger? Not to mention that it's a completely new IP started from scratch. They might be overly ambitious with this, they want to make the best game ever

That makes sense. But that brings up even more questions. Will it be over the shoulder? Will it have cover mechanics? Will the camera be placed above the character like in The Witcher? Will it switch between first and third person or stay locked?

I don't know. I just hope they're not going into this thinking, "RPGs are RPGs, we'll figure it out." Making a good shooter, especially one that works with roleplaying mechanics (character customization, leveling, stats, etc) is tricky. Vampire the Masquerade did it pretty well, but even then that was super jank. I'd love to see them succeed, but I'm sure it's clear why I'd worry.

>Implying i like le hardcore preper to edie xD meme game.
I'm not saying it isn't hard enough or anything shit is just clunky as fuck and repetitive and boring.

I hope they'll have vehicles and that they put effort into them. TW3 proved that they could make large open areas and cities with lots of npc's. And seeing as it's a cyberpunk game it has to take place mostly in a huge city, it'd be weird if there were no cars and such. Not expecting GTA levels, but one can hope.

im not going to bother reading the thread but im guessing its full of contrarians pretending witcher 3 was blunder of the century?

i can just about run any game i want after tinkering with config files enough and i don't care about vidya THAT much

but i've found that the only games that i can't run because of garbage optimization, locked configs and/or memory leaks are games that would be shit in the first place anyway, like fallout 4, which i've played for a few hours before realizing it's absolute trash

Especially since it's cyberpunk. In a world like that you need a mixture of jank-ass guns that look like some random punk through some junk together. But then you also need sleek technological marvels that the upper class might use.

There needs to be a variety for thematic purposes, they have to feel good, and they have to sound good. They've got their work cut out for them to say the least.

nah, it's people that liked W3 but can accept the open world wasn't that needed.

This. Besides their teaser was just awful

Pretty much.

The quests, details, design.

I also wonder how much of this stuff would be taking part in a city as befits the genre.
Creating forests and ravines is one thing, but if the thing, but if the game really IS bigger than TW3, the main location city would have to be at least several Novigrads in size, and that's just the footprint of the thing, not taking into account the sheer heights of the buildings would have to go to, multi-levels and what have you.

That or you have a much prettier, bigger Nar Shadaa with endless grey corridors.

i really don't care about open world games

i had to turn off the map markers for the random collectables and events in TW3 because all of that shit felt like distracting chores i was obligated to do every time i saw them

I could see them going with a vertical focus due to the nature of the world they're building. Cyberpunk worlds always love to do gross, dark areas at the bottom but then these massive sleek buildings that rise into the sky. You could make a reasonably sized city, but then have multiple levels based on economic rank and importance. Then you'd also be able to vary up the visual styles and highlight the differences between the statuses people have.

Guess we'll have to see what they go for.

>far bigger' than the Witcher 3

I hope it's bigger in a good way, because holy fuck sailing around in a little boat collecting all those hidden treasures took me fucking hours and hours

>tfw completionist

Probably not a good sign honestly? Unless they're counting interior buildings as a net total square mileage or whatever. I don't want a massive expansive landscape, i want a tight claustrophobic city with FULLY explore-able EVERYTHING.

Only edgelord faggots give a fuck about Nomads and the Freeways.

Not necessarily a good thing.
Most of my friends got bored because the game at it's core is pretty unrewarding and the ones who did complete it just really liked the story just ran through the main questline as fast as they could and never looked back lol. Biggest complaint was combat.

Quality over quantity i say.

Far bigger and twice as empty.

They scammed me out of my money with shitter 3

If this doesn't have a better combatvsystem..

>yfw its gets dumped down to accomodate ps4 shit hardware
Thanks CDP!

bigger and more empty

>I don't want a massive expansive landscape, i want a tight claustrophobic city with FULLY explore-able EVERYTHING.

Agreed. It's one of the reasons I enjoy the Deus Ex series so much. Smaller hubs, but then details and paths fucking everywhere. Even Mankind Divided, despite some issues, has a hub that is jam packed with shit to do, explore, and find. And yet it's tiny in comparison to something like an Elder Scrolls game or even TW3.

guys, guys guys
what if what they mean by LARGER
is more quests

>The quests, details, design.

not him but, I cant remember the last game that made stop and just admire the costumes, landscapes and architecture, pretty impressive

I agree.

Played it right after Blood & Wine hit. Couldn't get into it and stopped righ after finding the Bloody Baron's daughter, the...I would say "improper" use of space was a big offender as to why.

Not the only one, but part of it.

Not necessarily.
TW3 is great, but there's so many areas (which are actually decently designed) that you'll never ever go to because of the game's scope. So I wouldn't mind a medium-big size hub where you'll get to go most places rather than fuck-huge where you barely scratch the surface. Especially if they claim it'll be much bigger.
They handled their open world decently, but it doesn't get me hyped having even more square kilometers that I'll never see despite putting hundreds of hours in the game.

>le bigger is better meme

>cooking
Think of it that way. Witchers can gulp potions that would outright kill normal people. Why would they cook if they can eat raw meat and plants if they can't get diseases?
It must suck to have dinner at Kaer Morhen.

I expect they'll have vehicles. If they decide to emulate unscripted chases a la Grand Theft Auto, then a large, open world is necessary.

Hope they do away with the loot game entirely. I should be purchasing equipment through shops or fixers, not hauling around truckloads of spare guns and armor.

Size was never an issue of Witcher 3, just the awful gameplay and generic Batman vision mechanic being used for everything.

That'd be neat, but even then there's issues. Look at Skyrim and how it has "infinite" quests.

So long as there's thought behind the tasks then I'd be cool with it. But the problem with quantity is that quality tends to suffer.

>Why would they cook if they can eat raw meat and plants if they can't get diseases?

Witcher's still has taste I believe. And I'm sure cooked meat is probably better tasting than raw.

>I would say "improper" use of space was a big offender as to why
How do you mean?

FUCK! This is the exact thing I was fearing. CDProjekt is still falling for the open world meme, the meme that single-handedly ruined The Witcher 3.
God fucking damn it.

This is only a good thing if they can maintain quest quality and make locations more interesting that question mark loot chests.

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Empty space for the sake of "realism" and "immersion" is the actual cancer of this god gaming. Keep that shit to your shitty Bethesda games. You're ruining RPG's.

Only if you cook it well, but yeah as much as you can rationalize it, I would have loved cooking mechanics ala Gothic as well.

Nah, it's just full of witcher fankids being overly defensive

xd

Prague is hardly a tiny town. It's full of shit. That's how you should do it.

Damn, take it easy boy.

Why the fuck would every corner of every street have something worthwhile?

>I must constantly be bombarded with gameplay and items and side quests or the RPG is ruined!
Fuck YOU. Walking from place to place is pleasant.

Because you can put "IT'S SO BIG" on the back of the box and faggots like will lose their shit because they can run around for two hours without seeing a wall.

You'll get worms in your willy m8

holy fuck kys

Good games don't give you access to every corner of every street. They give you access to what's important.

Large hubs can still provide exactly as much freedom in completing your objectives as an open world, while cutting all the unnecessary and bloated chaff. Further, with the extra time that would have gone into creating a fully realized street network, you can instead focus on fleshing out the relevant areas. That means more points of entry, more options for tackling objectives, more detailed areas, more interiors, etc.

THERE'S A FUCKING HAPPY MIDDLE PLACE BETWEEN "1 INCH CORRIDOR WITH A MILLION QUESTS" AND "50 BILLION YARD WORLD WITH A MILLION REPETITIVE QUESTS SPREAD ACROSS IT"

THE WITCHER 3 WAS MOST CERTAINLY WAY TOO MUCH ON THE LATER SIDE OF THAT BULLSHIT. THE MAP WAS TOO EMPTY WHEN YOU TOOK OUT THE REPETITIVE BULLSHIT LIKE BANDIT CAMPS AND TREASURE HUNTS

THEY NEED TO GO SMALLER THAN WITCHER 3 AND GET MORE SHIT PACKED IN THAT MAP TO GET CLOSER TO THE HAPPY MIDDLE PLACE, NOT MAKE IT EVEN BIGGER AND FURTHER FALL DOWN INTO THE ELDER SCROLLS PIT

JUST FUCKING GENERATE MAPS IN A PROCEDURAL WAY WHILE YOU'RE AT IT BECAUSE, FUCK IT, WHY NOT?

I think you took 'far bigger' too far user

Keep making it bigger but fill it with filler

Why would you be excited about being let down and lied to, again?

I actually like procedurally generated maps, in some games.

I quite like the way they did open world. I don't want hubs because it isn't as immersive. Also I've got Deus Ex if I wanted hubs.

The fuck are you talking about? The Witcher 3 does have hubs. All you're doing is quibbling over size. Moreover, if loading screens are that damaging to your immersion, I don't know what open world rpgs you've been playing.

This is the first thing that came to mind when I read CDPR's statement. As always, fpbp.

I have to agree, I still pick up Fallout 4 a few times a week, TW3 has been gathering dust ever since I beat the last DLC.

He's right. 90% of sidequests were "find a body with a conveniently elaborate note and a key then loot a chest with randomized loot in the same area".
There still were shitloads of quests but the world felt empty. Even treasure hunts were mostly of "loot a chest in a completely empty dungeon" variety.
It's still the best thing to come out this or last year though.

Size isn't the issue. The problem is the game held your hand the whole fucking way. You get a dotted line on the minimap for quests and markers for lazy as fuck POIs. The NPCs usually don't even give you directions for quests, at least not in any detail, so you can't even shut all the hand holdy shit off. That sort of design in a RPG is pigshit disgusting.

Morrowind did it right.

>He's right. 90% of sidequests were "find a body with a conveniently elaborate note and a key then loot a chest with randomized loot in the same area".
They really weren't, unless you're only looking at the treasure hunts. Most real sidequests are monster hunts, some mysteries, a number of road encounters.

I'm not really sure how they could fit the same number of quests into a smaller, less seamless world without things feeling very disjointed.

CD Projekt hasn't let me down yet. Tentatively hyped.

Ok, I don't want to sound derisive, I respect the studio. And it's hard to put things into words right now, sleep deprived, and on pain killer, so if I don't make sense, it's just me and ignore.

There's that whole volume of space, but game mechanics and narrative don't mesh with it. It's basically space for space's sake. Or space as a form of content-gating at best I guess. You need to cram content to justify playtime, but there's no pace to it, and it often makes no sense. Fast travel is a big offender, you create all that space, only to signify the player can just ignore it. So instead of having a holonic, whole, perspective, you end up having a fragmentary disjointed one. By which point, having (good) levels instead of all that volume feels like a positive trade because at least you can make the player intuit the relationship between each levels, and the designers can impart meaning to them.

By which I mean you never really feel in a place in TW3. There's no grounding, and the *stunning* window-dressing (if one thing is stellar in that game it's the artistic direction) only hides that for so long.

I would say also that by wanting so hard to respect genre conventions (if only loot and character progression) without thinking about about how the space and narrative units are informed by them, they basically made it so each element went at cross purpose. Which of course makes the game and in turn the world feel artificial.

Cyberpunk 2077 -- what do you think it's going to play like? The Witcher? A turn-based CRPG? Some shooty bits in it like Mass Effect?

Witcher 3 being so big was one of its main detriments

It should be hub worlds

>Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger' than the Witcher 3
>focusing on quantity over quality
This is how hype dies. The chances that this game will be better than Dragonfall in any way are literally zero.

>no gameplay
>no screenshot
>literally CGI trailer, logo + bethesda tier empty promises
>Cred Forums still gets hyped

am i on facebook or something

I thought it was all kinda samey-looking, and the open world related exploration quests were just not good. Actual side-quests (like Dandelion's girlfriend and the like) and the main quest were the game's strengths, so for me, they could do away with most everything open-world related.

>implying that made TW3 any less of a great game

No, you're just among potatodrones aka the worst fanbase on Cred Forums.They take shit eating and blind fanboyism to a whole new level not even Soulsfags are capable of reaching.

Morrowind, in my mind, is the only fully open world RPG that really did things right. This is almost entirely down to the quest directions and fast travel system. In the former's case, you need the potential to get lost for directions to matter. You navigate then by landmarks and road signs rather than arrows or dots on the ground.

The fast travel network is something players build an understanding of as they play the game. Early on, they may only know of a handful of major cities, but as they play and come to better understand the island's layout and the different travel services available, plotting a course becomes a game in itself. Those networks really help establish a sense of place, wherever you happen to be.

That said, I don't think an open world game needs these features to work. In the Wild Hunt, much of the space is used simply to keep things from feeling claustrophobic. The sheer number of quests demands greater accommodations. A handful of towns all suffering from half a dozen monster attacks each can easily feel silly. Spread those monster contracts out, so most towns only have one, and you've something that feels more reasonable.

So while the Witcher's open world is hardly perfect. I'm not really imagining an alternative that doesn't have just as many issues, just in other areas.

I agree with non open world fags, every place in Witcher 1 felt memorable. Most of towns in Witcher 3 are forgotten within 5 minutes after leaving them fuck even less, they were just glorified notice boards. Video related.
youtube.com/watch?v=USVr936aKzs

It's a real shame too, because you could tell there was some genuine effort put into each, to make them feel a little bit different, but without the real content to connect it, at best you just shrugged and moved on.

Bruh, you really need a video card.

youtube.com/watch?v=bewyyjNvqYE
The 750TI is a old piece of junk and can make the game look this good.

>who hyped here?
It doesn't really matter how big your world or galaxy is, if it's filled with boring inane shit.
Sometimes it seems like the devs are competing who can put more square miles on the game box description.

>Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger'

DA:I was pretty big.

You know you weren't really expected to do all the side quests, right? I get some people are natural completionists and can only feel like they really finished a game when all the side content is done, but TW3 is not built for that sort of mentality.

Literally explore the world, find some trouble, choose to help (or not), and proceed on your way. Only reason I completely more than 70 hours in TW3 and still haven't complete it is due to my wife wanting to see the main story bits when I play, so I do side content as a means to continue playing when she isn't around to see the main story.

the bigger the worst

Agree on general points, I don't know that MD makes for a good example of them though...

>The sheer number of quests demands greater accommodations.

As I was saying, content gating. The space is not there to be anything more but the necessary separation between two actual meaningful (regardless of their value) elements.

Space is meaningless. There's no resistance. No innate significance. No relationship between player and space. It's not something that has to be read, understood and mastered. It's something that can be ignored. Something that exist to be traversed. And the only reason it has to is because you need to spread content.

>Agree on general points, I don't know that MD makes for a good example of them though...

I have yet played MD, but other Deus Ex games had hubs and to me they seem superior to the open world.

This is old new OP. I don't know why your literally who website made the article now but he said that stuff almost a full year ago.

> I don't know that MD makes for a good example of them though
It does

Lol learn English you retard

As I said, agree on general points. Apart from being topical - and in need of some marketing I guess, I don't know that MD was such a great example. Not the first that would come to mind anyway. Not that it's bad, but if you want to take an example, why take a mediocre one?

never

One of the worst things about TW3 is its empty open world. Expanding on that is a big bad idea

If I wanted to be told to go get something for someone I'd have never left home

It literally takes 10 seconds to go from one village to the next. You must be a cityfag.

DID SOMEBODY SAY CYBERPUNK?

Shadowrun: Dragonfall is still the best cyberpunk game I have played because everything is just right. Not too much combat, not too much dialogue, not too much lore, not too large explorable area. I will take a good RPG over a sandbox or inconsistent open world any day.

Yes.

>why take a mediocre one?
Because it isn't a mediocre one.

Oh I'm so excited, as if the Witcher 3 wasn't a huge open world with barely anything going on other than monster encounters every 20-40 yards. I can't wait to explore and even bigger boring map with enemy encounters every 20/40 yards.

Jesus. I just finished with the Red Baron last night, and I'm looking at everything else that I still need to do. The prospect of "far bigger" kind of frightens me.It also gives me an enormous* boner

>tfw completionist

I can see why the W3 open world might bother some. I find myself fullfilled more than I am with other open world games. What bugs the shit out of me more than anything is that faggot Roach. Ninty did a better job with horse controls with Epona in any Zelda game than CDR did with Roach IMO.

the main problem with open world games are useless sidequests and lack of tension/danger when exploring. To me every quest should be strongly linked to the main story or at least relevant to the overall lore of the world, because it makes the game really immersive. I loved mass effect games for this reason, sidequests were a narrative tool to delve deeper into the universe of the game. Exploring is another big issue, TW3 on this point wasn't too bad, but still not on point imo. It was cool to find a tower with a wyvern flying over it, it reminded me of skyrim's random drake attacks, but still wasn't that much of a threat so (neither were skyrim drakes)... meh, it wasn't creepy anough to me.
Just put togheter mass effect storytelling, cool characters (that must die over the course of the story), TW3 graphics, DS enemies design and a decent gameplay (ofc cyperpunk is probably going to be a TPS or a FPS so it's impossible to fuck up on this)

>TW3 on this point wasn't too bad,
Admittedly I'm still on the first continent after the prologue area. As far as I was able to percieve, I could have skipped the entire Kiera quest line, but if I had, I wouldn't have crossed paths with the Crones, which would have eliminated their exchange with Ciri which IMO made the entire sidequest chain germane to the main story. With that said, most board quests or contract quests are disconnected, if not for the fact that your profession per the lore is effectively to complete sidequests. Maybe that is lazy writing that makes gameplay that many people find tedious more tolerable, but similar to Xenoblade X doing the same thing, it takes the sidequests away from the realm of filler and pulls it more towards that of RP. To each their own though. If the game can give me a lore reason for grinding though, it does make it enjoyable to a degree for me.

YOU SUCK DICK

FUCK ANIMEPOSTERS

but i'm right.
i liked the Witcher 3, but the open world didn't make my experience any better.

Well I'll never know how big this "Witcher 3" game is, since I don't play polish trash
So consider me uninterested

So hyped, slavs aren't politically correct at every turn and they're about to make a cyberpunk game. Feel like I did before deus ex released.

>they only started hiring a game designer this year
>also concept artists and head programmer

Jesus, did everyone relevant leave after Witcher 3?

Morrowind did exactly nothing right, fuck you.

does that mean that the graphics will be far worst ?

Not him but I think it's great for an open world game to have actual exploration be a thing and not have gps tell you where you need to be.

This screams to me they did not learn a fucking lesson from Witcher 3.

CD Projekt apparently don't treat their employees well, even by slav standards.

1st or 3rd person?

They're expanding because their team is not only split on two games, CP2077 is going to be bigger than TW3

noice

you should play a metal gear game by kojima.

The lesson is that by pandering to the Skyrim audience by creating a boring lifeless open world with awful gameplay, and spending more money on marketing than on creating the actual game, their product sold more than Witcher 1 and 2 combined. They learned the lesson well and are putting it to use.

>ITT: people who think bigger automatically means bigger map

It's not necessary the case. Just by having vehicles and multiple classes, they can already say it's their biggest and most complex project yet.

Name a better fantasy open world

CDPR already said it'll be both in an early interview, but personally hope it'll at least be first-person.

Bit of both

>CD Projekt RED: Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger' than the Witcher 3
Welp it's gonna be shit, there goes my last hope for a cyberpunk game

I didn't have any problem with the size of the world in W3.
In fact, it was so much not a problem for me that I've turned off the POI markers and traveled anywhere by horse, only using fast travel to move between areas and once I've finished the game.
took me 180 hours for the first run of vanilla though

>It's a big jump for them in a lot of ways.

That's how they do things. Came out of the gate with a full-fledged 80hr RPG, then developed their own engine for the sequel, then went AAA open world - they should've went out of business 10 times by now.

Cyberpunk is actually an important project for them to retain talent in the studio. Few want to spend decades of their creative career pigeonholed in one franchise, and in Witcher 2 and 3 development they were often losing veteran art leads, design leads, writing leads.

Cyberpunk lets them explore new themes, and working on an established property takes off some of the pressure of a new project.

Good one, user