Why do so many developers not care about PC?

Why do so many developers not care about PC?

WE DEMAND TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. How can we show developers to not treat our platform like a joke?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NakbSQZ2pwg
steamcommunity.com/games/409710/announcements/detail/954024807103855871
pcgamer.com/the-pc-accounts-for-nearly-a-quarter-of-ubisofts-first-quarter-sales/
venturebeat.com/2015/07/30/electronic-arts-made-77-of-its-q1-2016-revenue-from-digital-sales/
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-01-26-pc-trumps-mobile-console-in-booming-usd61bn-digital-games-market
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why would you buy the remaster, ever though?

Isn't it more like everyone is fucked?
That resolution aside and framerate on consoles, it looks worse than original version?

u get it free if you own 1 and 2 before.

by not begging for ports of every console game

It's not about that. It's about that so many ports are garbage and publishers don't seem to give a single shit about good pc ports.

It has less graphics options on pc than the orginal. Has stutters and framerate drops on high end machines. It's a lazy basic port.

nobody cares about PC because it's niche

it's so much smaller then you think it is and making a garbage port will make you a similar amount of money as making a functional port because Steam has absolutely no quality control at all

Stop pirating and maybe devs will care about you more.

Thank fuck gog has some quality control. I want steam to die already.

>tfw you have no problems at all

>mfw the PS4 version runs like a dream

That's some quality strawman

Soon

>being a PCuck

If I were a vidya dev, i wouldn't waste one second of my time and effort to bring my game to a platform where 80% of its users will just steal my game and then call it shit anyway. I don't blame them at all. Shitty PC ports are on you, mustard pirates.

Saved for the education of future generations.

/thread

But that makes no sense. I pirate games on every console I own (PC, 3DS, Wii U, Vita).

gog is pretty based, too bad they will never be more successful than steam. the option to try the game before buying it at your own pace alone makes it better. and they usually have the best versions of games.

None of those are consoles.

PC is very niche, despite what the majority of reddit thinks about the "superior gaming platform"
Developers are simply going to put their hard work into wherever the money is - that is why even Xbone gets bad ports - because its less popular and profitable than PS4

That's all the people on this site understand. Doesn't matter which subject, it's always strawmen.
Politics, videogames, television, music, food, whatever. It's just two sides throwing strawmen at each other.

>People really believe that piracy is a problem

>bought a $1000000000k PC
>sub 60 fps
JUSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

This. Just because CSGO and TF2 have a lot of people online doesn't mean consoles are smoking the living shit out of playerbase. Call of Duty is a ridiculously overwhelming beast on consoles not to mention the kings of top 5 most played games like NBA and GTA. You may not like these games, but they rival Steams online players an they are $60 dollar games with microtransactions.

The money is on consoles and PC has endless hardware possibilities to dedicate work to. PC is niche.

Then what else is the issue? Why do devs not care about pc and they end up with countless bad ports?

Gog is only pretending to be your friend because they're so far behind Steam. They have to fight for every customer they pry away from that service. If they had the market dominance Valve has they'd be just as shady and give as little as a shit about quality control as Valve currently does.

Every corporation is exactly the same. When they're in a disadvantageous position they play the friendly champion of the consumer to win you over and build loyalty. When they're in an advantageous position they can do whatever they want because the customers will keep giving them money out of habit and past loyalty.

If the roles ever reverse they're both switch tactics immediately.

not as easy as doing it on PC

Wii U is dead anyway

>Gog
>based
Rumor has it that they frequently turn-down putting Japanese games on their store due to content.
GoG's DRM-freeness is wonderful but GoG's selection of games is shitty.

>Wii U and Vita are nothing but "go to a website and you're hacked"
>3DS can take the easy route via Browserhax which only requires visiting a site

Stop being silly, user.

>threat it like a joke
>get fucked in the ass
That's what happens if you do that.

>Steam has absolutely no quality control at all.

Until recently, I'd agree but winter is coming for shitty games.

>Steam Refunds

Killing all Early Release garbage, indie pixel-shit and quick cash grabs.

>New review system.

No more developers handing out metric tons of free keys for bogus good reviews.

>Greelight

This'll be gone pretty soon.

As for the the PC market as a whole: with torrent sites being sniped off, G2A keys being DOA and DRM getting harder and harder to crack, publishers are going to start porting more and more games to the PC.

Once they see how much money there is to made with piracy going the way of the dodo, they're gonna Zerg rush to release new IP's and better ports to it.

>turn-down putting Japanese games

I see no problem with keeping weeb shit out. Look at steam, weeb shit after weeb shit on the homepage. Half of them aren't even games, just fucking VNs.

>with torrent sites being sniped off

kek

So what? GOG isn't for japshit anyway. That's for consoles.

VNs are video games. Some of them are even highly interactive and have win/lose conditions.
And no, it doesn't matter if you don't personally enjoy such games. More variety would be beneficial to everyone.

You're being delusional if you think the mainstream userbase knows or cares to do this.

Plus Nintendo fans will shell out money for literal shit just to support the company.

>VNs are video games

I'm just saying that unlike the more "tricky" stuff like downgrading a PS3 or making a Pandora battery, the current consoles are very simple to hack.

Smaller install base and a more captious customer who is also usually better informed and less likely to be fooled.

It makes for a rather hostile environment that's very risky as one seemingly minor flaw (like a 30FPS lock) could make many PC users ignore your product and result in 1/2 your sales expectations while on console that's entirely standard and won't stop it from selling millions. Rewriting game code and making sure it works on all the various hardware configurations is a very taxing and demanding effort. The rewards of which are often small and very had to predict. You could put out an amazing port and just have the game ignored by the majority of PC gamers (Dragon's Dogma) or you could have a slapdash lazy port that inexplicably catches on like wild fire (Dark Souls).

PC is also full of vocal minorities and you often can't believe anything they tell you. You'll have massive groups tell you they'll boycott a game if it doesn't have XYZ and then buy it anyway regardless of that fact (see Modern Warefare 2 boycott).

>Japanese games are for consoles
There are quite a lot of Japanese games on PC and have been coming to PC of late. I don't understand your logic; the benefits of playing a game on PC don't magically go away if a game comes from Japan.

DR is an exception to this. It's one of those rare VN's that are an exception. But so many of them are nothing but click click click read story for fucking forever.

Honestly, gog keeping them off is not a bad thing.

1- The boss ordered that the launch should be at the same time for all systems
2- You test the game on console since it's just one system and since you have to print a disk if it doesn't work you are buttfucked with shipping costs
3- On pc you have different graphical systems so you go the safest route for it to run, it will be slower and worse but is the only way to guarantee a sufficient big install base, you can't really test the game and if anything goes bad a refund doesn't cost you nothing

The remasters are not mean't for us
they are for console players who are starved for good games
pc was just an after thought to hopefully get a few extra thousand bucks

Didn't this same chick say she didn't want a boyfriend?

>VNs are video games

They are designed for consoles in mind, PC is an after thought.

compare Dead or Alive 5 Last Round's PC release to the PS4 version

That's about the level of quality it'll be at worst.

Not really; adding them on GoG would give these games an outlet to be purchased DRM free, which is good for everyone. Furthermore, shovelware is and has always been easily recognizable and ignorable; the push for quality control has never made any sense since people don't have to buy shit games and can still easily find and get a hold of the games they want to play.

Sure, but consoles are still kings at japanese games, they have the majority of them. It could change someday, but until then I still won't be able to play shit like Vanquish and Bayonetta on PC, games that actually matter for me.

A "big hit" on Steam is 100,000+ units
A "big hit" on PS4 is 1,000,000+ units

That's pretty much it.

>buying remaster

Holy shit nice meme

Free on pc

Now compare Valkyria Chronicles PS4 version to its PC version
Compare Final Fantasy X's PS4 version to its PC version
Compare God Eater 2's PS4 version to its PC version
Compare Metal Gear Solid V's PS4 version to its PC version
Compare Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII's PS3 version to its PC version
Compare Phantom Brave PC's Wii version to its PC version
>but user, shit ports exist!
And so do plenty of decent to fantastic ones. Just like how non-Japanese games can often be. See Bioshock Remaster or Assassin's Creed Unity
What does that have to do with GoG's refusal of some Japanese games on their platform as being really shitty?

>WE DEMAND TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY
That's why. Demanding something doesn't earn you respect, caring, or the quality of a well-made game.
No platform gets quality anymore, it's just Developers and Publishers shitting out whatever they can as fast as they can.

if I buy keys for the originals do I also get the remasters for free or is it a grandfathered in kind of thing?

System Shock games were cult classics and some of the most beloved PC games despite their flaws.

The fact that Bioshock is considered a console game should be a huge red flag. No where is this more evident than Infinite.

Same applies to Deus Ex. One of the most highly rated games in history and pretty much every PC player has played it at least once. So f course the sequel is mode for Xbox and the game is dumbed down and fans of the series hate it.

Yup.
Quality picture though.

There's a handful of good vidya trackers right now but it's going to get smaller and/or much harder to get in.

This is the stockholders money at stake, comrade.

DO NOT FUCK WITH MY MONEY, EVER.

I would gladly infiltrate a l337 vidya tracker and then turn over all my login/pass and all relevant data to whoever if they paid me enough.

Yes, both

I honestly don't know why so many bad reviews, I'm playing through Bioshock 2 remastered right now and I didn't encounter any issues.

I don't get the huge deal then, we got crap for free.

>Only if you owned the previous versions

""""""""""""""Free""""""""""""""

>100 million+ users on steam alone
>niche
fuck off faggot

If you own the previous versions there's no reason to play the remasters.

Most of the negative comments are complaining about crashes, you can still complain about something you got for free if you can't play it.

so just to be clear, if I buy a key for the original right now from a keysite like G2A and activate it on steam I'll have access to both the original and the remaster? if so what's the point of buying through steam for $60 when I could spend maybe $10 elsewhere?

The problem is there's no consistency

PC ports are a gamble, it shouldn't be that way at all.

>125 million
>niche
fuck off
u
c
k

o
f
f

Is MGO still in beta? Jesus Christ

>spam accounts and dups

Wow I'm impressed.

>WE DEMAND TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

Being taken seriously is not a demand you can make. It is a right you can earn.

Why do muliplat games sell more on consoles then?

You need to buy the remaster to get both.

The original got taken off sale and is only bundled.

lol someone wasnt around for 80s and 90's vidya.

shit was hilariously broken on consoles and its comparitively not as bad today

at least we can patch consoles for over 15+ years now.

Gen 5 and under had no chance if the game shipped broken it stayed broken

Even PC Ports rarely got patches during dos days

Western devs are lazy regardless of platform.

Not at all.

Because idiots.

Steam has a bigger market than all current gen combined.

Still pales in comparison to the android market but nobody takes that seriously.

Phones barely have enough power to run 10-14 year old games smoothly let alone anything decent.

The more Japanese games on PC the better. First it's just visual novels, then Vita ports. But eventually that can lead to bigger budget titles. Hell, look at Platinum, they love PC now. It's about demand, if Jap publishers see demand for games they'll release them. People bitch at Koei Tecmo for releasing garbage ports but obviously people are still buying them since games are still being released. The community itself has even kind of bonded around fixing their games as quickly as possible after launch.

Why does it say open beta then?

Shitlord developers not catering to my specific needs so i can pirate their games then blast them on the innernette relentlessly

REEEEEEEE

Japanese are just as bad Gen 8 games look worse than Gen 7 or as bad on average.

Don't know, it left beta back in early February.
I don't have that thing.

phone games are not real video games

Consoles are way bigger then Steam. To say anything else is delusional.

yeah, but steam still honors keys for game that were taken off the store, right?

I think the name just stayed that way for whatever reason
Fair enough, but I still don't understand your concept of "Just play them on console!" when the benefits of PC gaming are still often there

You get what you deserve. I'm so glad I dumped that piece of shit platform.

What needs, every big console game ported to PC, from Dark Souls to GTA V, passing through Dragons Dogma, have been painfully mediocre games.

Stop porting shit games, and take the ones already in Steam with you.

We all know games aren't optimized for consoles or frame drops and "cinematic" frame rates wouldn't be the norm.

I got it for free so I've been playing it. Before the patch yesterday the game would crash fairly often, but that seems to be fixed.

There's still a really annoying bug where if you pick up a gun during the fight with Peach Williams your weapon order will be all screwed up for the rest of the game.

I was more interested in Bioshock 2 getting a remake, because that game was unplayable on the PC for a very long time due to crashes, but it seems like that was sorted out when they ditched GFWL a while ago.

It's a cash grab, but if you got it for free it's worth playing.

No one deserves shit

I'm not saying it's better on console per say, it's just what people prefer if you look at the sales numbers.

The simplicity and ease of use of consoles is very overlooked on Cred Forums, many people don't care about the best version of a game, they just want to play vidya

PC gaming in the 90s and early 2000s was ridiculous. You could meet all the system requireements several times over and sometimes the game would still refuse to run because your mainboard was manufactured in a leap year or whatever. Plus, there were so many more manufacturers around that developing for a wide pallette of hardware usually left a good chunk of people hanging.

>Witcher 3
>"optimized" for console
Even with the downgrade it still runs like trash.

>consoles are bigger than steam

LOL sure okay thats why nobody is playing them and sales have slumped so low the original PS4 is barely selling at all around 50mil units at best and now thee xboner barely has 25mil and the wii u is like what 15m?

Thats only like 80-90mil base PC VASTLY outnumbers that.

Then you've got all the other services like gog, ea origin, ubishit that sorta thing

Funny thing is that even if the PC port is shit it's still miles better than the console version.

>Dragons Dogma
Jesus fuck this.
>pirate it
>average in every single way
>flashy combat
>boring, gray and brown, dead open world
>nothing to do in the game but completting the same mission over and over

Do Sonyggers have nothing to do but shitpost all day?

2004+ was fairly painless but 1995-1999 was fucking retarded

kinda glad my dad made me sit that arms race out as a kid as the old pentium 3 ran like a clock until 2004

had a 386dx until like 1999 hahaha

steam have 200 million accounts but less than 40 are active and 30% of the system are f2p games

Meh, shit game runs badly?

>implying the wticher 2-3 weren't made with consoles in mind

PS4 is still outpacing PS2.

It's the fastest selling console of all time.

Nintendo died a long time ago. they don't make consoles, just toys.

Even the Xbone is outpacing the 360

Consoles are only getting bigger and bigger.

It will change soon because consoles are dying in Japan, they are all over smartphones there.
FFXV is going to mark a huge difference, if it flops, you can start dealing with the fact that Jap games will disappear in the future.

>be a pc gamer
>want to be taken seriously
>while giving a shit about a remaster when the game was already on pc not even two console gens ago

user...

>yfw pc cucks thought they would get red dead redemption a few weeks ago

>waa f2p
so? Consoles have tonnes of f2p these days

hell android business model is f2p
>consoles
>selling more
yes only because china and the rest of the retarded backwards ass now rich countries found out about them and unbanned them

no it isn't, Bioshock runs perfectly on PS4 with no real technical hiccups

Arkham Knight was unplayable on PC

there's other examples.

mankind divided

Runs well for me.

>yes only because china and the rest of the retarded backwards ass now rich countries found out about them and unbanned them

It still counts though. It still leads to multiplat games selling more on consoles. The money is with consoles, like it or not.

Everyone thought they were getting Red Dead Redemption a few weeks ago. The Remaster people thought was happening never came to be. It wasn't just PC that got SOL from that; PS4/Xbox One didn't get it either.

>t. nixxes employee
lol go look at the forums
people with 1080s cant run it above 30fps

>consolefags are like assmad children in the sandbox
>waah you can't have my toys!

The console players steal it too though. The very second their systems are cracked/hacked/homebrewed they immediately start to pirate as well.

>generic le tough guy looking cowboy
>jaggies around gun barrel
>terrible sky
>terrible textures on the building in the back

You can keep it.

>people with 1080s cant run it above 30fps
I have a 1080, smooth sailing 60 on 1080p/Ultra.
Really should get a higher resolution monitor though.

>Bioshock runs perfectly on PS4 with no real technical hiccups

It also runs perfectly fine on PC, the only reason the game has bad reviews is because of few graphical options, mouse acceleration and locked fov. But I guess it's ok for consolefags since they don't have high standards like we on PC do.

>Xbox One

It's already backward compatible on xbone.

Pretty much all of the big console exclusives aren't fun at all. I've been playing through a lot of the PS3 exclusives that I missed from last gen and most of them I get a few hours in, put the disk away, and never touch it again. I'm baffled as to how people could praise this shit, aside from pure ignorance or buyers remorse forcing them to like it.

Doesnt make too much money for sony espeecially now they are going to take a loss on the PS4 pro

>take $150 gpu
>stick it in a shit system barely worth $150 in parts
>blow millions on rnd for new ps4 pro
>499usd
they wont make their money back at all i think the pro is what will kill them.

Easily the stupidest thing they have ever done and its started a horrible trend.

Consolecucks are going to have to spend $1000+ on 'upgrading' ever 2-4 years on new hardware in the same fucking generation.
Lol the game is unplayable

I got every crash that was reported in the forums and the devs dont care they actively told me to go fuck myself and banned me

But its not the Remaster everyone thought was happening is my point.

The only one that I wish got ported to PC was RDR to play it in a proper resolution and 60 FPS.

calm down, patch solving all the issues is coming, check the steam page

Oh please, pee cucks were posting 'thanks for beta testing' and 'so much for NEVER EVER' like crazy.

Never gonna happen that spesific fork of rage is infamously bad and rockstar deleted that dev studio it fell apart

Yeah free you dumbshit

>We made it just for you on PC
And by that he means we made a garbage unoptimized port

Rockstar San Diego still exists though.

Console games arent optimized at all, sub 1080 and sub 30 fps is not optimized

If console players could pirate games, why would and will, look at the Vita and 3DS right now

>Lol the game is unplayable
No it isn't.

Truest shit in this thread.

>Rumor has it that they frequently turn-down putting Japanese games on their store due to content.
That's good.
Shitty JRPGs and dating sims are a cancer.

I dunno pham

I think you're crazy; a lot of the previously console exclusives that have gotten ported to PC I've found to be really good. Plenty of those exclusives are pretty damn high quality. Maybe you just don't personally enjoy them?
What does that have to do with everyone losing in the end? Its also the same game that people constantly cried NEVER EVER to PC players for, so that was a result of the infighting that was already going on. In the end, everyone lost on the Remaster.

All of v is triggered

Fuck off nixxes can you not read the steam reviews?

Every single one mentions performance and crashes which is the exact issues i had from day 0

Rockstar hasnt made anything new since 2013 they've gone full Valve.

Just gonna sit back and trickle out crap until the GTA:O well runs dry.

Best thing we can do to ensure the new gta game isnt as shit is to not fucking play online which is exactly what i am doing fuck that game

>I don't like it so no one can enjoy it
This is what you're doing right now. What's worse though is that it prevents DRM-free releases from happening for some games.

>everyone lost on the Remaster.
Not really. The game runs better on xbone anyway. It's not a full remaster but it's fine.

>Every single one mentions performance and crashes which is the exact issues i had from day 0
Translation: it doesn't run on max on my shitty system.

>Rockstar hasnt made anything new since 2013
I'm sure they spent a year trying to fix GTA Online, and a bit more to make the next-gen and PC ports, so they are probably developing something already.

when we out buy consoles

Nuke the U.S. They're the ones who insist on consoles.
Euros could lead the industry to glory if American peasantry wasn't anchoring them down.

>"proper resolution"
>muh fps

Holy shit

Is it so bad I want to play a game on something higher than 720p and 30 FPS in 2016?

Saved gonna use this later

This.

I just became a fan of GOG.

Knowing rockstar it will be 2020 until we see another game.

Fucking laziest company ever.

i cant belive they released 3 VC and SA within a timespan of 3 fucking years then ever since its been like a fucking 5 year gap between GTA games its infuriating

You retarded Euroniggers buy PS4s in bulk, shut the fuck up

>Fucking laziest company ever.
What, you want them to be releasing yearly GTAs?

>i cant belive they released 3 VC and SA within a timespan of 3 fucking years
Because they barely upgraded the engine between those.

/thread
/THREAD
/THREAD!!!!!

Money talks, faggots.

?

Shitposting

>How can we show developers to not treat our platform like a joke?
Pay full price for the game

>site has a quality control that filters weebshit
>it's somehow a con

By that logic android and iphone's have the biggest market of game buyers

They havent touched RAGE since 2014

the PC version is basically a direct port of the xboner version

>game crashes and takes your saves and resets configuration options
>fine

>mountain of salt

>/thread
>/THREAD
>/THREAD!!!!!

Jesus christ kill yourself you obnoxious Redditor.

This is EXACTLY the reality.

So you don't play games from earlier than 2016. Got it.

that wont ever happen due to two reasons, maybe 3 depends on who you are

1. Games are ALWAYS marketed for consoles and nothing else, like COD commercials specifically focuses on PS4 and no other platform because of manufactures. PC is an open platform so it wouldnt make sense

2. People are ignorant of the concept of PC gaming and people are scared to build one thinking they are complicated

3. Madden and Japanese games, Japan will NEVER accept PC gaming as a platform because the majority of people who play games in japan, play games on phones and portables. Even consoles arent doing that well in japan and not a lot of people use desktops. I have no idea why Madden isnt on PC

Console is downstream of PC though.
Who do you think made bethesda and bioware so popular? Let alone TW3
Don't bite the hand that feeds, console users are, for better or worse. Mostly casual and need input from more "dedicated" audiences.
(obviously doesn't apply to nip games)

0/10 no food analogy

>less options is a good thing! I don't want choices!
>if I don't like it, no one should be able to have it!

idiots buy games on console because everything else is too 'hard' then come on here and whinge about how the games are shit and the consoles are shit

Fuck em

Why would you play games at 720p and 30 FPS after 2009?

You can play games made a decade ago at 1080p 60FPS. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that you can't from

When you allow anyone to make games, and every piece of shit gets a pass, you get Wii, Wii U, NDS and 3DS.

>PC is an open platform so it wouldnt make sense

Nothing is stopping valve from making deals for steam shit like sony or ms do for their consoles. Why don't valve go out and fund a game like bloodborne for steam only?

>heard nothing about bad things about the remaster
>load it up
>400+fps easily
>hasn't crashed once
>mouse accel/FOV is a simple CFG change.
PC games have required some tinkering or another for years, nay decades. Not that complicated and, since I got it for free anyway, all this did was inspire me to replay the game.

Now you just shitposting user.
720p was never a standard, should have been playing 1080p long before then

>can't refute a basic principle of economics
>better play the Reddit card

>people still defend exclusives because muh here branded box
>while the market is inevitably heading towards convergence
>they want to pay a ransom for certain titles to their corporate overlords
>instead of enjoying them on whichever platform they decided to buy

Steam is drowning in mountains of trash

You can hit PS4 settings with a 950. That's a little high, as the standard is usually a 750Ti, but it's hardly "unplayable."

One of your options in life is to smoke 40 cigs a day, sit in the sun, and eat asbestos. I'm fine with "fewer options" if the options eliminated are literally cancer.

What interest would steam have?
To sell more GPUs? More copies of windows?
They don't give a shit.
Their bread and butter is easy to run games.
Nobody has a stake in pc exclusivity.
Pc gamers will alwwys buy PC's even if it's just for multiplats

Most people get overwhelmed at that first time PC build and fear blowing $500+ on parts that won't go together
That leaves $1000 prebuilts or $400/$300 home systems like the PS4

>graphics > gameplay
Keep feeding those PCfat stereotypes.

Valve already makes a hit ton of money and Valve does not own PC gaming, Sony and Microsoft has TOTAL control over their platform and Valve does not

>Why don't valve go out and fund a game like bloodborne for steam only?
They do, a lot

It's called TF2, CSGO and DOTA2, valve makes a shit tone of money with them

I don't care about what you were saying.
You type like an spastic Redditor and I called you out for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=NakbSQZ2pwg

>consoles can't keep 60 fps on a 15 years old engine

JUST
U
S
T

they do, I got the original metro games.

Yeah, if you think more options automatically = better, just take a look at Steam.

did you miss the part where the game is still unplayable for the vast amount of people that bought the game?

Or the hackneyed short storyline

Or the single hub

Retarded graphics, animations and terrible facial details?

Oh oh what about the fact that it runs like complete trash on consoles too not to meantion its riddled with dlc, bugs and game breaking micro transactions

You say that when the PS4 Pro exists?

The 3DS has one of the best libraries of games out there. It is the second coming of the PS2. Your argument doesn't make sense to me.
>Return to PopoloCrois: A Story of Seasons
>Etrian Mystery Dungeon
>Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
>Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight
>Etrian Odyssey IV
>7th Dragon III: Code VFD
>Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright
>Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
>Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
>Liberation Maiden
>The Starship Damrey
>Protect Me Knight 2
>The Legend of Dark Witch 2
>Yokai Watch
>Rune Factory 4
>Story of Seasons
>Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
>Final Fantasy Explorers
>Monster Hunter IV Ultimate
>Monster Hunter Generations
>Persona Q
>Project x Zone
>Project x Zone 2
>Unchained Blades
>Shin Megami Tensei IV
>Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
>Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden
>Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
>Devil Survivor Overclocked
>Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
>Cave Story 3D
>Corpse Party
>Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
>Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
>Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
>Rhythm Thief
>Senran Kagura Burst
>Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
>Fantasy Life
>The Legend of Legacy
>Stella Glow
>Bravely Default
>Bravely Second
>Fire Emblem Awakening
>Fire Emblem Fates
>The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
>The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
>Animal Crossing: New Leaf
>Kid Icarus Uprising
>Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
>Pokemon X/Y
>Pokemon OR/AS
And yet its as easy as ever to ignore the trash and buy only the good stuff like most people would. You aren't forced to buy trash.
One man's cancer is another man's gold. Specifically, I heard that some of the games refused for this reason are Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus and Monster Monpiece. Those are games I'd like to have DRM free

steam have no competitor. gog, origin, whatever are tiny compared to steam

they don't need to make or fund games because steam is already so big. we need someone to actually be a threat to steams dominance first. the steam monopoly hurts us.

more options is better, just buy what you like

not a hard concept

I pirated my 2DS.
I played Pokemon Omega Ruby, some MH4 Ultimate, and it's been taking dust for about 4 months already.

>Project x Zone
>Project x Zone 2
These games are fucking endless grindfests, kill yourself.

>yet another consolewars thread

isnt the remaster using UE3?

That engine always ran like shit on consoles mainly due to incompetent devs
>240p
>literally early dos resolution with meme 3d and graphics from a late 90's console

>"I d-d-didn't want it anyway! Its sh-shit...!"

EVERY

SINGLE

TIME

I have. I don't see the problem with Steam. Steam isn't forcing me to buy shit games. I can still find all the games I want to play easily.

>bigger market than all current gen combined.

Strange how most of the games on steam only have a couple thousand players only the top 2 have more than 500k while there are more people playing 10 year old games with a bigger player base than those on the pc version. And the Steam community is far worse than the console community by a mile

PS4 runs most games at a slightly higher resolution
>PS4 is best because it's more powerful!
PC player brings up graphics
>Who cares about graphics, only gameplay matters!
Every single time. Why are Sonyggers routinely the worst base on this board?

You lose.

EA and Origin are slowly eeking away but they are stupid as valve once where and limit their service to only their games exclusively.

i remember when steam opened its floodgates over 10 years ago

i agree though.

Fuck Steam.

240p on a small screen doesn't look bad at all.

>TF2, CSGO and DOTA2
Only one of those games is steam only.

Maximum this

>By that logic android and iphone's have the biggest market of game buyers
You mean they don't?

Valve isn't really a traditionally run company, the corporate layout is completely horizontal. No rules, no bosses, do whatever the fuck you want just as long as you're doing something. Their company isn't at all set up to publish other people's games, that's why they swallow indie teams and make them part of valve instead of just giving them money to do their own thing.

>Hull just because consoles sold 80 million units means there is 80million people playing
Yeah okay dumbass everyone has their consoles on 24/7

>i-i didn't want it a-anyway!
if it was released on PC, you would already be posting screenshots of the sand and the sky. fucking cucks.

Is Cred Forums fucking delusional. I'm tired of this console war bullshit. It's almost like people do not realize that even the shitty FPS Caw of Dooty rip offs, open-world over the shoulder RPGs with stealth elements, and sport games all sell better on PC than on Xbox one and are barely behind PS4. That's right PC is the 2nd or 1st leading platform in revenue for Ubisoft, Activision, and EA all console-centric garbage publishers which treat PC like garbage
>b-b-but it doesn't sell
Fuck off. The PC gaming market is the biggest in the world
>inb4 WoW and MOBAs
Call of Duty and sports games.
Even Japanese games sell WAY better on PC in the west than on the PS4 and half of them never even come to PC.

>"the 3ds has lots of games!"
>giant list of samey weebshit

Ouch

If you actually think the console versions of TF2 and CSGO are worth anything in comparison, then you are crazy

You missed the point. Even if they were "designed" for consoles they still run like trash. Most games aren't optimized for console, hence the whole cinematic 24fps meme. There are very, very few games that actually run well on consoles, I think DOOM is like the only one this gen.

You guys goldfaced about GTA V.
You goldfaced about Dark Souls.
You goldfaced about Dragons Dogma.
You goldfaced about Metal Gear Rising.
You goldfaced about Metal Gear Solid V.

All these ended up being absolutely, legitimately bad games and I wasted a shitload of money because of you.

its noticeable in a window on my smallass laptop screen its gonna be noticable as fuck in reality.

i never touch nintendo hardware its trash i just emulate the good stuff

BUT MOMMY DIDN'T BUY ME A STUPID CRAP MUSTARD BOX SHE BOUGHT ME A PS4! MUSTARDS ARE FOR LAME DUMB BUTTS WHO SMELL

Yeah, I miss out all those new hats valve are working hard on.

I thought that was consoles with their cinematic movie garbage like UC4. Most graphically intensive games are designed with consoles and mind and have shit gameplay as well.

Once again
>if I don't like it, no one can enjoy it

Same can be said for PC

preaching to the choir mate.

fuck em i enjoy blowing them the fuck out

i cant wait for the collective moaning on here next year when the psvr flops and the ps4 pro looks just as bad as the ps4 just with slightly higher resolution

Why would I care about what others like?

This guy is right. GOG knows that getting people to migrate from an established ecosystem to a much newer, smaller one requires huge incentives

I'll give you MGSV, but the rest are objectively great.

Why am I replying to bait? This thread is getting to me.

Wait do you need to own both?
I have 2 on Steam, but I can't activate the first one, because it's so old it came long before you could use retail keys to activate Steam products.

I'm a PC gamer.

they are working on it, allegedly
steamcommunity.com/games/409710/announcements/detail/954024807103855871

You didn't mention Bloodborne or are you still salty about that

UE 2.5

you're changing the argument here, the console versions of those games do not generate income unlike the PC versions

To make things better for others.
You don't have to personally enjoy something to see the benefit of having it available for others to play who do like said things. More happy people = a good thing.

DOOM is basically a PC exclusive friend. It's literally unplayable with a controller. On consoles it's press x to do cinematic take-down on easy. The only thing that DOOM did that was even related to consoles was the horrible online and no mod support.

completely agree.
No because everyone is always on their PC's

Well, there it is

EVERYONE PACK IT UP

you're the delusional one, my man.

almost none of that is true.

>>Cave Story 3D

I can't fucken stand steam They only do shit if it affects them.
>Dev threatening players it's ok
>put valve in the suit
>YO HAVE GONE TOO FAR
It's also the same shit as the GS-GO scandals
If valve didn't have sales it would be dead .

he's talking about games that were on console first and ported to PC that he ended up not liking

Bloodborne will NEVER EVER be on PC

It's been a year and bloodborne is still the go to meme for sonyggers. This is getting pathetic. In 3 years will you be saying the same thing? Surely you cannot be enjoying Bloodborne still
>inb4 souls PVP
Yeah, there's a lot of games that have better PVP and are fucking free.

>he doesn't want to own a physical copy of one of the greatest games anymore
Even if its the shittiest version of Cave Story, its still Cave Story. And its Cave Story with a physical release.

>GTA V
>objectively great
>the dullest map of the franchise
>secondary activities are butchered
>really dull story in general
>underused map, certain big locations like Fort Zancudo are not used in the singleplayer (aside from a mission where you literally have to avoid it), most of the game happens in Los Santos, despite the city being 1/4th of the map
>content from GTA Online not coming to the singleplayer
>terminator-tier effective cops
>physics are a straight up downgrade from GTA 4
>GTA Online is a no fun allowed grindfest
>not a single DLC content for singleplayer, all GTA Online crap
>layout of the map and roads makes the map feel small despite being the largest GTA map

I'm mentioning the games that got ported to PC that you all showed off, and how they were all garbage.
You can't be trusted, you won't goldface about a good exclusive, you will goldface about any exclusive.

>MGR
>bad

>fps on controller
this needs to stop
Its torture

>tfw you fell for the PCgayming meme

wow THANKS UBISOFT

How does that benefit me?

>This is getting pathetic
>Letting memes get to you
Are you that but hurt over a meme. you also a PC gamer ?

PC players are basically the women / feminists of the gaming world.

Fuck off.

What else are they going to do? It's not like they have any games to play.

100% sure its UE3 bro

no fucking way they would bother porting a 10 year old engine to new consoles

the worst thing about this is those issues were carried over from the original PC releases
those versions are still fucked and have been for years but they only do anything now because they have a new product to sell

So the best steam games valve can offer are those three. Great. I'll stick to consoles where they fund actual new games, as opposed to that.

>And the Steam community is far worse than the console community by a mile
I don't recall any pre-teens yelling "SUCK MY DICK NIGGER" into a microphone while playing TF2.

PC gaming is quite literally Reddít

fuck off

goddamn that's some quality animation

and they did it all without computers

You get more happy people to discuss video games with.
Better question: How does more options available to people hurt you?

>generic hack and slash with a terrible camera
>zandatsu gimmick to cover up the mediocre gameplay mechanics
>early PS3 game-tier graphics
>''LOL SO RANDUMB XD'' storyline
>zandatsu makes certain boss fight sections glorified QTEs
>upping the difficulty only makes damage go higher

What's good about it?
Bayonetta was better in every single way.

pcgamer.com/the-pc-accounts-for-nearly-a-quarter-of-ubisofts-first-quarter-sales/

venturebeat.com/2015/07/30/electronic-arts-made-77-of-its-q1-2016-revenue-from-digital-sales/

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-01-26-pc-trumps-mobile-console-in-booming-usd61bn-digital-games-market

Sure thing friend. Point to one multiplat game that did not sell better on PC than xbox one. Guarantee it's complete garbage.

Responding to this post to make PCucks seem more triggered than usual

>You get more happy people to discuss video games with.
Why would I discuss videogames i'm not interested in?

>Better question: How does more options available to people hurt you?
They could be working on things I like instead.

Easily the worst GTA ever made i dunno why it gets so much praise.

either it was in development hell which i must have been because it took them over a month after launch to get online working and then all the stuff that was cut was 10x more than GTA 4.

NOT a good sign.

i honestly dont hold any hope for Rockstar or GTA anymore

They have become the bethesda of their own sandbox genre

THIS

just because steam shoves indieshit down our throughts and bad ports doesnt mean its all bad.

EA and Ubicrap have had a decent record lately

R6S is good and getting better all the time
BF1 was excellent

Moot isn't here anymore faggot, fuck off along with him weebshits.

yeah, those flawless PC ports state otherwise.

Nobody except Reddit cares about PC, might as well go back there and cry about your shitty ports and make more petitions.

>more devs working more on pc
Get rid of all that $2 shovelware games and watch that percent fall

Nah it has to be 2.5

It has literally the exact same bugs and other issues as the original one.

>So the best steam games valve can offer are those three.
Depends on what you mean by "best" and even then we would just be arguing subjectivity

Valve over time changed the way how they went about development

Valve went from developing games to developing platforms that generate income (TF2, DOTA2, CSGO)

Valve does occasionally make games like L4D and Portal but they are pretty rare

>I'll stick to consoles where they fund actual new games, as opposed to that.

That's fine, do what you want

But if you think that valve games is ALL what PC has to offer, then you are inherently incorrect

>quite literally
Don't use words when you don't understand what they mean.

Its extremely fast paced action game with a heavy emphasis on dodging and parrying with fantastic dynamic music.
>upping the difficulty only makes damage go higher
This is not true. Bosses will do certain attacks they wouldn't normally do at a point on harder difficulties.
>random storyline
Its not random at all. How is "people are training child soldiers to fight wars to give someone currently running for president an edge so that he can instill his values on america" a random concept?

Fuark thats messed up.

i bet they took the PC version (which was the most broken) hence the same bugs

>defending EA and Ubisoft

might as well kill yourself, you fucking shill.

>The PC is the second strongest platform for Ubisoft game sales
Fucking how, almost all of what they release are shitty ports, not to mention they don't have anything like Team Fortress 2 to give the microtransaction money.

Well Cred Forums is reddit tier now so of course reddit shit will spill

How does a game being put on GOG that you don't like have any effect on things being worked on that you like?

>Its not random at all. How is "people are training child soldiers to fight wars to give someone currently running for president an edge so that he can instill his values on america" a random concept?

It's a combination of ''lolsorandumbxDD'' and ''OW THE EDGE''.

Not to mention it makes all of MGS4 irrelevant despite that game, without taking into count the quality, was meant to finally give MGS closure.

only defending those two games

literally everything else they made before them was complete trash

BF3-Battlefront are some of the worst DICE games EVER

>moot isn't here anymore
>replaced with an actual nip

Youd think if this was the case theyd put effort into making uplay actually work.

>There are very, very few games that actually run well on consoles, I think DOOM is like the only one this gen.
That's because it's a first person shooter which means you're all but officially required to make it run at 60 fps. Same with other twitchy genres.

Shut the fuck up peasant

If that game gets low sales, they'll work on something different, and that something different could be something that I like.
Therefore, I don't want things that I don't like to sell, they are superfluous to me.

>first article
>ps4 is highest for ubi

>second article
>only talks about digital sales, does not say pc only digital

Wow, it's fucking nothing.

So you do not trust objective statistics from a company? They are literally required to release those for investors. They say that PC is #1 or #2. A bad PC port IS a console port with nothing changed. The reason why Arkham Knight was absolutely despised is because it was legitimately worse than the PS4 port, but only by a little (and it was fixed). You can have a bad PC port which is 10 times better than the console port. There's different standards on PC. If I put a cover over my PC and acted like I was playing Arkham Knight on my PS4 you would not even notice a difference. To you that is a decent port.

I'm talking about the single player targeting 1080/60, which is basically unheard of for a AAA game this gen. I know it has the resolution scaler but I think it's a neat idea to preserve performance. I just remembered Halo 5 ran at 60fps too with the res scaler.

You just have to see how many leechers there are daily for any given game, user.

Right now, there are 48 people pirating Borderlands 2, a game that came out 4 years ago. A game that is commonly only $20 or less on Steam from 2012 is still being leeched by 48 potential customers.

Sorry, but pirating is more of a problem than you think it is. I know 1 pirate =/= 1 lost sale, but you'd have to be an absolute idiot to think that means 10,000 pirates correlates to 0 lost sales.

Welcome to the internet.

>ps4 is highest for ubi

And the other user said that PC is the 1st and sometimes 2nd source of money for them.

As opposed to buying it a second time if you previously bought it on console

Get rid of all the devs working on shitty open-world clones, sandbox adventures, sports games, etc and watch console sales fall. 90% of all console games are literally worse than shovelware indie shit. Just look at the top 10 sellers if you do not believe me
>minecraft
>Fifa
>NBA
>Call of Dooty

Good post. I agree and sadly there isn't much you can do about it.

>Right now, there are 48 people pirating Borderlands 2, a game that came out 4 years ago. A game that is commonly only $20 or less on Steam
Which means that even getting rid of piracy by implementing Denuvo in everything, those people won't buy it anyway because they simply don't want to pay money.
Steamspy has shown that Denuvo games don't have specially high sales, the only ones are DOOM and MGSV, and one of them has a fuckhuge legacy on PC, and the other was one of the most hyped games of the last years, not to mention it's at $30 now and it was at $20 in the Summer sale.

Because they just port it over from consoles and think piracy is their problem.

How to trigger r/masterrace in one image

This.

Consoles are just yearly released crap.

Hell fifa just swapped to frostbyte and nobody cares, they didnt even bother to fix or update anything from what ive seen i dont play sports games as they are trash

Read the article friend it is only a few percent lower (4% I believe) where PC outperforms xbone by like 10%.

If you read the article you would see that "PC and other" makes up the vast majority of EA sales.

>You could put out an amazing port and just have the game ignored by the majority of PC gamers (Dragon's Dogma)
Pretty sure Capcom was quite happy with the sales of DD on PC

Good arguments are both sides. I pirated Borderlands 2 but I'd never pay for it. If I couldn't pirate it then I just wouldn't play it.

>grafix grafix grafix grafix
when did it suddenly become the norm to shit on every game that isn't 1440p 200 fps? don't you have less options thinking like this?

Yea it is a fucken problem when there are no seeders and no one puts the game you want on torrent websites

Congrats on being so high for ea pee cucks.

Oh, and before you try to pull the bullshit that "by other they mean mobile"

No here is the definition:
"Most of EA’s digital growth came from what it labels as “PC & other.” This includes its Origin game-distribution service as well as subscriptions for its live services like Star Wars: The Old Republic."

Nintendo makes consoles worth playing. Don't need a ps4, got a PC

>all console games are literally worse than shovelware indie shit
T.mad Pcuck

Funny how people think piracy is a PC exclusive issue

People forget about the PSP and 360 piracy and currently 3DS and Vita piracy

It's not about graphics but a broken port

HE WAS REPLACED WITH AN ACTUAL FUCKING NIPONESE YOU FUCKING RETARD.

PC is a diverse gaming market. I only linked it to prove that the "bad ports are because of bad sales meme" is complete bullshit. Bad ports on PC are completely different from bad ports on consoles. On PC there is a higher standard.

>People who have the option to pay no money wouldn't pay to play a relatively inexpensive game if there was no other means to play it

NIgga, are you retarded? Why does common sense just dissapear from people the second pirating is brought to discussion. If people have the knowledge or means of doing so, they will ALWAYS pay nothing for something if given the option and are free of risk.

Sure, some people like may have never paid for the game in the first place, but just as many WOULD have paid for it if a free alternative wasn't laid out for them to use.

>PC players are basically the women / feminists of the gaming world.

He was replaced with a businessman who doesn't give a shit about this place.
In fact, mods have been almost missing from Cred Forums for a couple of months now, deleting pretty much porn threads only.

>I only linked it to prove that the "bad ports are because of bad sales meme"

PC is lower sales, you have to be retarded to think games sell more on PC than they do on console.

>le reddit reddit xD
do you know that consoles users use reddit too?

At least Bioshock 1 will actually play properly now.

I did not say that. I think indie titles like Darkest Dungeon, Rimworld, and Xenonauts 2 are way better than most of console shit. There are definitely trash indie games, but they really do not sell well.

>what is the vidya industry since 1996
so i suppose you would be fine if all the games looked like early 2000's generic blockly blobs at 200p?

fuck off Grandpa

>they will ALWAYS pay nothing for something if given the option and are free of risk.
Then all games that aren't multiplayer or have Denuvo would sell zero copies on PC.

>but just as many WOULD have paid for it if a free alternative wasn't laid out for them to use.
Denuvo is proof that there's not that many people, considering there hasn't been a significant sales spike in any of them, and there's actual flops among them.

About that...

r/masterrace is literally Cred Forums

Its not free if you had to have bought the previous version to get the remaster. At the end of the day you still paid for it dumbass.

Is the PC install base still growing or have we reached the peak?

idk but I gave up and went back to console

I'm tired of the digital jew and shoddy ports

The concept of Reddit around here is closer to Cred Forums itself than to what Reddit actually is.

So you trust your own instincts over facts produced by companies for their investors which they can LEGALLY get in trouble for if they are false?

You are retarded. We aren't in the 90s anymore. Every single mutliplat this game has sold better on PC than xbox one. Probably even the sports games at this point. It's a given that every good multiplat is about even with PS4.

Not that guy but why should I give a fuck about sales?

More and more games I want to play are on PC or coming to PC like Nier so why would I give a shit?

Go figure

I'm sure EA makes boatloads of cash off of The Sims now that I think about it.

But they are.

They want want the consoles have.

Just like women want what men have.

Why not both? I enjoy vidya so I like to have every option available to me.

strawman

by not buying ports that were made as an afterthought

thats rich considering you're just contributing to poor ports even more by doing that faggot

ports are shit on console as well, in fact I would argue they are worse

>sub 1080
>sub 60, actually 30 fucking sub 30

If someone buys a used game on console, there's basically no difference. The dev gets nothing either way.

I Just wish steam did something about the shovelware BS

>Just like women want what men have
A penis?

Don't tell me they didn't fix that.

forgot to all the fact that you have to PAY FOR ONLINE

what a joke

>Every single mutliplat this game has sold better on PC than xbox one
That's because xbone sold like a joke compared to ps4. You can't cheery pick and separate xbone just because it makes your numbers look better.

Look at them together as most people in this thread are. Noboby is separating them like you are.

PC sales vs console sales. Console sales are higher.

Is that why PC is the platform with the most devs? Piracy is not rampant anymore and it's more about making a shit product than people "stealing games". Pirating also has a positive effect on sales. People pirating your games brings marketing attention rather than them just not buying it.

T H I C C

So, reddit is 4chen?

it's pretty ironic, considering Bioshock 2 Remastered is miles better port than Bioshock 1 Remastered

Everyone wants what you can't have, it's human nature.

Consoles have to buy it twice.... So compared to us it's free...

They just slapped "HD" textures on the original and called it a day.

No bug fixes or nothing.

is it really?

So, is there a 3rd party fix for it?

>PC sales vs console sales. Console sales are higher.

You are retarded. You are intentionally trying to group two platforms together and act like it only cost one budget to develop for them. That is not how it works. Both Xbone and PS4 have GINORMOUS budgets for both of their platforms. Consoles are so weak you need to spend more on optimization and the hardware sets are different. You are misleadingly playing with data stop being intellectually dishonest. A port to PC costs just as much as a port to xbone.

>wearing a tank top while enduring violent snow storm weather
bitch is hardcore

Reddit isn't as bad as people here say it is, and Cred Forums is more obnoxious regarding memes.
Not to mention that each sub-reddit has it's own set of rules, and everyone can create his own sub-reddit with his own rules, so you can't really speak of that place as a whole.
Both places have cons and pros.
The place that should deserve all the hate is Neogaf, that's an actually cancerous place with no redeemable points.

I miss those banners

Now I want to replay Brave Soul since the naked chick is from that

you're right, reading this thread makes me feel old now. i don't see the appeal of cherrypicking grass and wood textures screenshots, just want to play some vidya. guess i should look for another hobby anyway.

30FPS physics

As a console gamer
>INb4 pessant
I wish I fucking wish They would focus on getting a stable frame rate and maybe 1080p 60fps Before they make some shit 4k gimmick that runs like shit. and also focusing on VR I am so close to moving to PC at this point

>bitching about how PC is being neglected and the example is Bioshock Remastered
>we get it for free if we own the originals
>console owners have to pay for it anyway
How the fuck is PC being "neglected" in this example though?

Use the INI fixes but the game will still crash no matter what.

>Japan will never accept pc gaming
PC gaming was big in japan in the late 80s all the way up until the mid 00's

The problem is everyone views reddits version of Cred Forums as the whole site. Which is funny because when people outside of Cred Forums talk about it they think all Cred Forums is Cred Forums. Neogaf is an absolute shit whole though.

You are honestly fucking retarded. Yes, most devs just make the PS4 version and it magically works on teh xbone because the magic that consoles bless us with. Face it you cuck. Consoles aren't what they used to be. The PC gaming market is growing exponentially and games that used to not be bought at all on PC are only slightly behind the PS4 in sales. Your time is over. The good stuff on console which is mostly Jap games already outsells on PC WAY more than in the west than on PS4.

Mabey it my shit eyes by this looks exactly the same.
The only visual difference Iv noticed is that jacks sweater is different.

Iv beaten Bioshock 1 a dozen times and I will tell you somehow they fucked up the AI. It's dumbed then the original. Splicers will get stuck on corners all the time and often run away.
And to any anons wondering why the PC port is shit
> Make a decent PC port
> it gets pirated and they lose money
Vs
> make a shit PC port
> they buy it on console instead , so no pirating and more control over the product

because steam users didn't like it, therefore something something something neglect ect.

"Remasters" were not ported again, these games are original ports, just with PS4/XB1 features hamfisted in them.
Bioshock 2 port is fine, I had no technical issues with it, but Bioshock 1 port is a fucking disaster, even more than original release.

It's way easier to pirate on consoles than it is on PC, you download the games from the console maker servers, install it, and play it. No need to wait for a crack or worry about third parties tampering with it. You get 100% compatibility and free automatic updates as well. And you can play online.

yeah i barely play vidya once a week these days im just over it.

>. Madden and Japanese games, Japan will NEVER accept PC gaming as a platform because the majority of people who play games in japan, play games on phones and portables. Even consoles arent doing that well in japan and not a lot of people use desktops. I have no idea why Madden isnt on PC

Jap games sell better on PC in the west on PS4. If a game is getting localized then chances are it's coming to PC in this day and age.

You are retarded. You are intentionally trying to separate them even though this thread is about consoles vs pc. Whatever makes your numbers look better. Mutliplat games seller highest on consoles, that is a FACT that you are trying to disprove for no reason.

actually buying their games

Enjoy nioh in february senpai o-oh wait.

Because thats not how steam/valve operates most of their releases in the last 10 years made it to console

Probably something along the lines of this.

yeah, there's no noticeable graphical improvement over original, but at least nothing was broken unlike B1.

>implying consoles are manlier than PCs rather than the other way around

Name one reason.

Every Koei Tecmo game has been ported to PC. Enjoy your regret for reposting your gold-face. Enjoy your Total War: Warhammer. I'll pick the better game. Also, Battletech in early 2017.

>They want want the consoles have.

I am not intentionally trying to separate them.

The companies THEMSELVES separate them. That should tell you a lot about finances and consoles. Consoles should not be grouped together. Developing on one console and porting to the other is just as costly as porting to PC. You are literally retarded for trying to combine them. It is clear that companies consider them two separate entities.

>We
I don't remember you consulting me on this.

>We aren't in the 90s anymore. Every single mutliplat this game has sold better on PC than xbox one.
You got that reversed. PC games were actually successful in the '90s as opposed to now.

well yeah, I didn't sell my PC and I still use my htc vive on it, but most multiplats I buy on PS4 now.

I don't play online games, which is all the more reason to buy physical copies for console so they never require internet.

Keep saying it'll end up on pc kek

Thanks for beta testing xcom 2 ;)

>nobody is separating them like you are

Except the companies themselves. Jesus user, get a little smarter why don't you. IF companies are separating them for sales it means they are separate platforms that require cost and money. There is no pointing talking about sales if you are not going to separate them. That is not how it works in reality. It costs just as much to port a game to the other console than to PC.

>the original
>not better
>he seriously waited for a remastered HD++ edition

I meant contemporary japanese natively playing PC games

yeah ports to PC sell well

Nice falseflagging

>PC users get the upgrade for free
>can still pick between which version to play
>console users need to buy it all again
>falling for the remaster generation

>Developing on one console and porting to the other is just as costly as porting to PC.
Developing on one console is developing for one spec, porting it anther console is porting it to one spec.

Porting it to pc is porting it to multiple hardware specs. No, it's not the same.

Consoles don't even publish numbers you have absolutely nothing to compare it to.

Wrong, i have pirated several games only to buy them later on. Granted its not a large set but if i really like something ill support it. Other than that i pirate stuff justto keep pace with current games, as i cant afford alot.

that doesnt make sense when you are getting the worst version

there's nothing manly about computers and video games faggot

get a truck that you can fix yourself and a blue collar job and then talk to me about what is and isn't manly.

>implying
Haven't taken a look at the XCOM 2 workshop have you? There is already a fucking co-op mod for campaign there friend. Look up WaveCom, balance mods, new enemies, LWS mods, etc. You are getting sloppy seconds. Base-game XCOM 2 is now garbage compared to mods. This trend will only continue. I also get to go online and get cool as fuck characters and voice packs that make the game much more fun.

same here

Had much more crashing in original BS2 than remaster

I only crashed twice in a recent playthrough of the remaster and +10 crashes for the original

>They want want the consoles have
Dead wrong faggot. That's just what console cucks are screaming in their shitposts.

I used to play on consoles for years until I realized they got nothing on PC gaming.
I even owned a ps3 since launch and now, over 10 years later, there's still nothing to play on it.

>mods

What difference does it make? GOG isn't going to catch up to Steam for a long time if at all. Meanwhile we reap the benefits of competition.

>Developing on one console is developing for one spec, porting it anther console is porting it to one spec.

PC hardware is much more powerful therefore less optimization is needed. Costs for porting are the same fucktard. You can look up the individual budgets for each port if you want. Most people who buy multiplats are playing on good hardware.

2k already announced a patch with bugfixing and more graphics options

>therefore less optimization is needed

Well that's clearly not true considering the amounts of bad pc ports.

LW nuff said. Modders are better than Firaxis. Again enjoy your sloppy-seconds

The console version of Bioshock Collection isn't running that well either. At least on ps4. Been getting freezing and crashes in 1 and 2. Infinite runs like shit with stuttering. Also 1 has a save file problem where the sizes get so huge you can't save anymore until you delete some of them.

>PC hardware is much more powerful therefore less optimization is needed.

Overwatch does the same on console i believe

You are absolutely clinically retarded.

I've already explained this. Bad ports on PC are bad ports BECAUSE THEY PERFORM EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME AS ON CONSOLE. You're cherrypicking 2 fucking bad ports (Arkham Knight is completely fixed and runs 100x better on PS4 now) and conflating it with them all. Most PC ports are not bad ports.

I'm PC but that's wrong. PC games takes a lot more testing and optimization as you have to factor in all the different rigs people can be using.

What is Wirth's law for 500, Alex. Next time try looking for the increased specs on games to determine this. If you are not in game development or do not know anything about software development than you should not open your mouth. Now have a good day.

>Replaying BS2
>get upgraded insect swarm
>remember how stupidly overpowered the bees were
>essentially get infinite mines that track enemies, stun them, and do a ton of damage

Murder of Crows in Infinite just isn't the same

No, it's not look up Wirth's law. Do not talk about shit you do not have an understanding about. Pro-tip buying machines to test on is just as expensive as console's dev kits and the loss in revenue from Microsoft and Sony + retailers.

>I was wrong
Thanks for the admission of defeat. If you think developing for 10x more powerful hardware does not allow you to cut corners you are literally high.

HAHAHA

btfo

Wrong. See dues ex: md launch. High specs due to laziness by developers.

Insect Swarm in 2 is broken as fuck. I still love it though just for the concept. Crows is so fucking awful I never used it. Possession is the Insect Swarm of Infinite really. That shit is stupidly overpowered especially once you can buy the upgrade for it to require less salt.

That was exactly my point you fucking retard. Learn2read. Higher specs = less optimization. It's called Wirth's law and it's an effect that happens EVERYWHERE with software. The more power the less optimization needed.

Not an argument.

Honestly I would have paid for a proper remaster.

Drill Specialist, baby!
It would be only more fun it it provided infinite fuel instead of EVE discount.
Shame Bioshock 2 has no mod support, it would be first mod I would make.

That's what I fucking said

>less optimization

The game ended up running bad because the devs didn't optimize. That's my point. Enough that they had to release performance patches to fix the shit as best they could.

Lol no, people are always on their phones or tablets. No one uses a desktop for normal computing anymore.

A thread about consoles vs PC can hit bump limit but talk shit about nintendo and that gets 404d GG mods

>The game ended up running bad because the devs didn't optimize.

Except it didn't. The game ended up running bad because it had ridiculous AA options that were selected by default. Once you tweaked two settings the game runs alright and pretty good. Regardless, that's an irrelevant retort that can only be classified as deflection. Nobody can seriously say with a straight face that Deus Ex MD is better on consoles. The PC port was better than console even if it was bad by PC standards.

who gives a fuck about their next blunder?

Actually it is, consoles like playstation have a propritary audio format because of sony, so all audio must be converted to that format. Also netcode and disk format and security systems area big issue too.

I dunno, most nintendi critisism threads and bashing live to conclusion

>a sonigger trying way too hard

>Once you tweaked two settings the game runs alright and pretty good.

I had the game running on high at launch, not ultra, tweaked all the settings and the piece of shit ran terrible on a 1080, until the performance patches, where it runs fine now.

I don't know if you're a se employee or what, but the game did not run fine at launch even with settings being altered.

Yeah, that's absolutely useless unless you list the resolution or CPU.

I'm glad they're working on fixing it. Especially the mouse shit.

>!080
There's your problem.

Also, most of the "performance patch" was literally changing default settings so I am calling bullshit.

>using leddit numbers as a way to gauge the number of PC players total

You're a retard and should go back

I don't give a fuck about remasters, that shit only matters to consolefags or graphic whores. I have 2 on my backlog and I rather play the original

In that case I remember reading that you need to contact 2K and prove you own it, I guess they'll give both to you then

so does this version still crash every 5 minutes like the original?

>its the "piracy hurts sales" meme

It's not like developers don't care. They just falsely expect PC users to have the same low standards of console users.

not even kidding, if Bioshock 2 remastered came out I'd probably just torrent it, not buying the same game twice anyway

It did come out though?

>I don't get the huge deal then, we got crap for free
Because, even if you got the game for free, if doesn't mean other people did, and they shouldn't have to suffer through a broken game.

Bioshock 2 runs fine.
Bioshock 1 is even less stable than original one, also comes with glitches, perfomance hickups, textures poping and broken sound engine.

>The simplicity and ease of use of consoles is very overlooked on Cred Forums
Because it's pretty much gone. Might as well just play on PC when you still have to install the game and download a 10+GB day-one patch before you can play. "Put the game in and play" isn't a thing anymore unless you're playing something made by Nintendo, a PC is just as easily hooked up to your TV with an HDMI cable as any console and you can use any controller you want.

Consoles are slowly losing the advantages they have long held over PC. Good exclusives on non-Nintendo consoles are few and far between, ease of use doesn't really apply anymore as again you still have to deal with DRM, mandatory installs and massive patches/updates before you can play. And now they want us to upgrade to a new console every 2-3 years?

Ps4 subreddit has 40% of that lol

No
Wrong
You missed the point
Stupid
Understand what your're saying but it's out of context, Games should be playable, Period
True
You're supposed to be 18 to use this site
Because we all know how great 720p 30FPS is, And how alive the multiplayer is on PS3 and 360. Red Dead deserves some real love.
True
Welcome to Cred Forums
To be fair, That's happened to me

Wtf I hate PC now !

You have a cronical case of shit taste

you can see the hands that threw the cat

No, I only own 2 and got the remaster

this kills the PCuck

PC is a shit platform

Into the trash it goes

I'm a big guy

for you

I have never played Bioshock.
Is it good?

BS1? It's fucking brilliant.

BS2? absolutely fantastic, improves on the gameplay in everyway.

Bioshock Infinite? It's ok from a gameplay perspective. The art direction and visuals are amazing. The story is... interesting until the very end. Just don't think about it and you'll enjoy it.

It's not some kind of masterpiece but it's an enjoyable game that's worth playing at least once.

Nigga they knew the chink job so the downgrade is free and optional

>WE DEMAND TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Top kek OP. You got me there.

wdym I already beat that game years ago. Yeah it would be cool to get 60 fps on my PC BUT this is why I have more than one gaming device. Versatility.

>mfw during that time consolefags were doing their usual acting of "i-it wasn't even good so who cares!" posts

ITT console fags upset they are just console fags. Meanwhile master race has consoles as well as a powerful PC

Is someone putting a gun to your head forcing you to buy those games?

I don't know this sentiment. Don't like it, don't buy it. It's a fucking store. More selection is always better.