How the fuck do I beat the boiling lizard...

How the fuck do I beat the boiling lizard? I get worn down so quickly by random encounter enemies while collecting icicle spears that I can't face him properly anymore. Is it worth it to retire your characters to get new ones with bonuses?

Etrian Odyssey thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/aPM2YbCh
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nobody?

Circle around him, did you finish the whole map or not? There's a thing to break that takes out half his damage that some people miss when playing.
Also, asking for help in Etrian without posting your team?

I think I got the whole map. Is there a secret entrance behind it, or do you have to strafe around it?

And my bad. My team is:
Fortress/Dancer - Nightseeker/Arcanist
Arcanist/Medic - Sniper/Arcanist - Runemaster

Haven't decided on the Runemaster's subclass yet.

I still can't get myself to fight that Queen Bee again. what level should you bee at for that thing anyways?

>Arcanist/Medic
>Sniper/Arcanist

I think that if you're using an Arcanist in your party then you probably don't need a bind Sniper, then again I haven't played in a while so try asking /eog/ (or whatever the fuck they're calling themselves now)

Also Bushi is the best sub for Runemaster, believe it or not

I've been looking to get into the series, which game should I start with?

Either 3 or 4 are the best places to start in my opinion

3 is the last one on DS and it can be hard to go back to if you've played the 3DS ones

4 has a gentler difficulty curve and is the first of the 3DS games, and the later ones have some QoL improvements that can make it harder to go back to.

Meanwhile Untold 2 is the best game on 3DS so far and the latest one released in American until 5 gets localized.

I guess. I'm not too sure what to replace my Sniper with, though. And there was no /eog/ up, which is why I made this thread.

4 or Untold 2, I'd say.

There's a gigantic flame thing (it's been a while) that when you destroy (with the icicle) will take out half off his health before you start the battle.

Basically, with a Nightseeker, Arcanist and bind Sniper, you have 3 status classes, 1 damage class (rune) and a fortress. You're lacking in damage.

Bushi and Landshark are good for damage, and even though Linkshark is seen as their best setup it requires a specific team setup, not to mention their sword/rapier skills are good too.

You could also just make your Sniper a damage Sniper, although those tend to be lacking until they get Squall Volley

Fuck, I fucked up my link but there's a a general that just started on /vg/

Also I should mention that the reason why Bushi is the best subclass for Runemaster is because of the Bushi's Rage skill, which also increases elemental damage. They can also use Deep Breath for a TP Heal, and Bushis have a passive which basically lets them survive one fatal hit, which is great for squishy Runemasters. In fact Bushi tends to be a better subclass than a main class.

>Still no V localization announcement

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll probably start with 4
Should I go in blind or look at guides/builds first?

You know that the huge lava thing you destroy doesnt comeback right away, right? I weakened him, bailed to recover and came right back to fight him.

3rd Labyrinth has such cozy music, great dungeon.

You don't really need to look up specific builds, although there are some really useful tips that can save you some annoyance. Here's a good starter guide that doesn't spoil too much, although it does spoil the three unlockable classes: pastebin.com/aPM2YbCh

Personally, I'd go in blind. It's more fun that way. The game is very descriptive and good at creating tension, and I feel that those effects are better when

Interesting. For now, would you recommend any second damage class? Would a second Nightseeker be good?

If you can keep your party going until the middle of the next dungeon then the class unlocked then, Imperial is all about seeing ridiculous numbers on the screen.

>The game is very descriptive and good at creating tension, and I feel that those effects are better when

That was unintentional. Meant to say it's better when you don't know what you're doing.

You can respec your characters (and are encouraged to once you unlock the middle and upper level skills) so don't stress too much.

le millenom girl

theres a room on the far right thats tricky to get to but if you get there it opens up a shortcut straight to the boss

Break his giant flame crystal, then bail through that room and come back etc

lrig monellim el

Any clue specifically how to get there? I'm sure I can handle the fight alright once we're on an even playing field. It's just the pre-battle stuff that's fucking me over.