Can we discuss the Soulsborne games?

Can we discuss the Soulsborne games?

Which game do you like the most?

What appeals to you the most about the games?

Bloodborne has such a nice feel to it especially after the Lovecraft twist but to be honest, it wore out after the second playthrough.
It's just kinda like that one game that comes out once every 10 years that comes out of nowhere and is actually unique, theme wise.

Sure.

It's hard to say which is my favorite, because I like all of them for different reasons. I just haven't played bloodborne because I don't have a ps4.

I'd have to say that I love the aesthetic and the way combat has weight to it (as opposed to games like skyrim where getting hit with a sword doesn't even cause any kind of physical reaction. I also like that even in late game, basic enemies can still fuck you up if you're not at least a little careful.

No.

>)*
Dropped this

DaS > BB > DeS > DaS2 > DaS3

>Can we discuss the Soulsborne games?
like we do every single fucking day? sure.

>Which game do you like the most?
idk man, I only just started DS1 and I'm fighting the Iron Golem. it's a fun game so far.

>What appeals to you the most about the games?
the atmosphere and setting to be honest. I love walking through abandoned, broken down castles and seeing the deserted remains of a vanished civilization.
I always loved this in Lord of the Rings, there's so many ruins and shit from ye olde times, that's always been intriguing to me. No other games have nailed this atmosphere this well so far. I'd actually like it if there were even less trash mobs to give the world an even more desolate feel

>start game as a lvl 1 pyromancer
>play until reaching kaathe without leveling up
>invade beginner areas as lvl 1 with highly upgraded weapons, armor, and pyromancies
None of you guys did this, right?

Like:
> no handholding
> not linear cinematic bullshit
> actual trial and error and exploration needed

Dislike:
> grindy XP/leveling RPG bullshit
> combat mechanics too heavily tied to input sequences and not on accurate hitboxing
> the community

the only thing i hate in Bloodborne is that the city is great to go back to when its nighttime, but there is no reason too, unless you want those "muh sidequest"

if there is a next Bloodborne I want more diverse chalice dungeon designs and gems that reduce charge times and since this is fast combat, a move canceling would be nice, even like it consumes 2x more stamina

>grindy XP/leveling RPG bullshit
nigguh you can beat the game at SL1

The games feel really good to control and play and the combat is more thoughtful than 90% of the other shit out there.

Tippy-top tier aesthetic direction.

Great boss fights (mostly).

Interesting worlds to explore, designed in a far more interesting way than any other games, especially Dark Souls.

Gameplay flow prioritized above all else, no exposition or handholding.

Atmosphere.

Deepr RPGs while still being satisfying action games.

Seemingly infinitely replayable, with new secrets and little touches to be discovered every time you play.

And more!

Dark Souls is my favorite.

Nah, of course not.
I level'd to 10 because more noobs fall into my level range. :^)

>combat
The only thing the combat needs is less input que (maybe only 8 frames instead of 50) and a better netcode.

DaS = BB > DeS > DaS3 > DaS2

Personally I found DaS to have a lot more replay value than BB but BB did have the best atmosphere and soundtrack of any in the series. I think it's purely subjective which one of those you prefer but they ARE the best in the series.
DeS could well have been my favourite if I played that first but I played it well after the other games so the formula was too familiar to me by that point.
DaS2&3 aren't bad games but they are easily the weakest in the series, poor entries compared to the other 3 games.

Bloodborne>DAS>DAS3>DAS2

I haven't played demon souls though I might pick up a ps3 to play it. What I like about the series is the boss fights and the atmosphere. Bloodborne was so unique and refreshing. I still go back sometimes and do another playthrough.

BB>DaS = DeS > DaS 3 > DaS2

DaS2 is still a good game though but I had the least fun with it and will probably not go for any more playthroughs.

I really love the atmosphere and the fighting system. I guess I also like that the games are quite challenging even they are not as ballcrushingly hard as most people like to pretend they are. The playerbase is kind of a mixed bag though. If had tons of fun doing jolly cooperation or duels but I've met an equal amound of people being obnoxious faggots but I guess every game featuring multiplayer suffers from that fate.

Dark Souls is my favourite. First one I played and in my opinion the most immersive and we'll designed in spite of some areas being rushed.

The world interconnectivity is better than any of the other games, allowing better shortcuts and a greater sense of reward for linking up different areas by different paths, and the story, while vague, is better than in subsequent games because it isn't restricted by something that has come before it.

It's as close to my perfect game as I've ever gotten. The improved mechanics and larger playerbase of 3 mean that's what I play now, but I still consider 1 to be the strongest game overall.

It's of course entirely coincidental that the game you think is the most immersive is also the one you started out with.

bloodborne and dark souls and Nioh

The first Dark Souls deserves all the praise it gets because the kind of phenomenon it became. It was a game that achieved stardom for all the good reasons, even if they were corrupted afterwards.

DS1>BB>>>DS3>DES>>>>>DS2

I love exploring, finding neat weapons, stumbling into behemoth bosses and the gratification of earning platinum trophies that my friends are too pussy to try for

Does this count as plagiarism?

Honestly, my favorite thing about Dark Souls is having a personal choice in story importance.

The Souls games have a rich, deep storyline that you're an important part of, but only if you care to look for it.
My first playthrough of DS1, blind run with classic sword n board, all I cared about was killing demons. Flavor text huh? No time for that, gotta kill shit. Oh hi NPC, sorry don't have time to listen there's demons that need killing.

It felt so liberating to have a game that didn't pry your jaw open and puke it's story down your gullet every five minutes, that I could just lay back and beat shit to death. Because truly, as the cursed undead, that "story" really is of little importance, in the end you're just fighting to stay alive.

It was because of all this that I went back and replayed to make sure I got every bit of story out of every game I could.

no

There was really no need to bring the cynicism, user. What's your favourite and why?

Sure about that? It pretty much looks like a clone.

Can we stop posting the same webms of GreatValue WeebSouls in every DarkSouls/Bloodborne thread?

They all have their own quality/flaws, but Bloodborne is my fav, the fast-paced combat system, the aesthetic, the soundtrack... Top notch.

>finishing move when foe is on the ground
This is my vidya fetish.

My favorite is the first because it's the most immersive.

For me its
BB>ds1>ds3>>>ds2
Didnt played des but have it in by backlog
Also lost my savedata in bb today due to blackout

Is this the same guy who posts these webms in every souls thread? Is it all one guy?

pretty sure its one guy

hey guys i just bought dark souls 1 for pc

should I use a gamepad or go keyboard warrior?

That's crazy, the man must have no life at all.

Needed more gameplay variety and better pvp focus

gamepad
keyboard it ds1 is terrible

All of the Souls games are shit without a controller.

sweet, thanks m8

How do people not like Dark Souls 3 anyway? It's, like, the least flawed Dark Souls there is. It's consistently quality unlike 1 which was ~75% perfect but held back by the really lame places like Izaleth, and Dark Souls 2 was 75% trash with a few cool areas.

One of the greatest games of all time tier:
Bloodborne

Classic tier:
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls

Decent, but forgettable tier:
Dark Souls III

Mediocre tier:
Dark Souls II

Balance is fucked up
Game is too linear
Lore consists of references to ds1, original chars and stories are pretty boring

how can one kill that which has no life?

>consistently quality
>Farron Keep
>Catacombs of Carthus
>Smouldering Lake
>Profaned Capital
>Consumed King's Garden
>Untended Graves
>Kiln of the First flame
Also Dark Souls III is the most linear Souls game by far and the hub is disconnected from the rest of the world for no real reason.

Yep! Onebro invading is one of the more fun ways to enjoy DS1 after you've beaten it.
log on whenever the game is on sale. Highest concentration of new players there

Then you clearly don't understand DS1 invasion mechanics. You can invade up infinitely. A level 1 player can invade other players of level 1-713 (the cap).

In this list, only lake is shit. There is nothing wrong with others

Literally all those areas are good besides Smouldering Lake, which was a bonus are anyway.

Because of fags like you, i did my first playthrough of ds1 offline. Is this really that fun?

Yes, absolutely. Looks pretty dope but it would have been nice to see them at least attempt to give the game its own identity.

>"let's take the swamp at the bottom of blighttown and make it an entire zone!"
>good
>"let's make an entire zone full of boring ass skeletons! again!"
>good
The rest are hardly even areas so much as setpieces with a boss at the end.

It's more consistent, but it doesn't hit as high notes.

People expected better. What they got was serviceable.

It's the least flawed in the least interesting places.

But swapm have more isles to recover and most of area dont slow you. Its muck better than blighttown
Catas zone is much more fun with all types of skellys and traps, also its pretty short, especially if you know what to do

It's hilarious. I always let players hit me until I'm low health letting them think they have a chance before oneshotting them with my overpowered weapons.

BB>DeS>>>DaS>>>>>>>>>>>DaS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DaS2

Been around the community since picking up the Chinese version of DeS because it had english text in it which was handy. It's a shame to see that the community has become alot less about having fun and a whole lot more about Graphs and Charts about weapon AR and meme spouting fuckwits. I'm not going to blame the PC playerbase i'm more going to blame Bamco for their shitty LE PREPARE TO DIE XDDD marketing.

>Bloodborne
is still something I play to this day and i've been playing since it's launch
>DeS
is more consistent in quality than what DaS is and is just a something I enjoy a whole lot more. >DaS1
has a great first half but i'm not a fan of Poise or the slowing down of the core mechanics.
>DaS3
is just DaS1 with Bloodborne speed but it didn't work out well.
>DaS2
is the worst in the series and overall a disappointment held back by a shaky development cycle alot of people try to damage control the game hard but in the end they are just lying to themselves.

BB>DaS = DeS > DaS 3 >>>>> DaS2
Make no mistake DaS 2 is just a bad game. Not just a bad soulsborne game.

They're 5 of the most fun games I've ever played and I'm glad they exist. I don't know why people have to spend all day arguing about which ones are better when all 5 are better than 90% of the games we get today.

Playing Dark Souls for the 2152th time atm. Still a blast. Fucking classic. I pitty Nintendrones for missing out

Any games that are as good as these? Everything just feels subpar.

>borne
there are more jason bourne games than there are 'bourne' games. this is a thread about souls games

PVP was never a focus so much more as something to do.

Gameplay variety doesn't make sense because they designed the game to speed based arcade combat which I enjoyed more then DS3 combat.

In my opinion it just needed one more large DLC like the Old Hunters DLC and it would have been so amazing.

>want to play Dark Souls today
>decide to make a buld using the Baldurs Side Sword
>after 2 hours of farming Baldur Knights it still didn't drop
FUCK
THIS
SHIT

Bloodborne and Dark Souls are tied as my favorite in the series, and as my favorite games overall.

The main appeal for me is discovering all the pieces of environmental storytelling, piecing together the written lore, and mastering the levels to the point where I can beat all of them without taking damage. There's also a special kind of magic to finally creating a build where you can find out what that weapon/spell that's been sitting in your inventory for 50 hours actually does. The bosses, music and multiplayer are just icing on the cake, really.

I liked DS3's world design the most (not level design, but the set pieces). People say there was too much castles and cathedrals, but there can never be too much castles and cathedrals.

BB probably has the best atmosphere and overall story telling.