Can we build a $400 console killer?

THIS time specs have to match ps4 pro

>buy a 2nd hand i3 office machine for $300

>find a 2nd hand 970ti & negotiate price down to $100

assemble & overclock EVERYRYTHING to the moon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K1DMrkKRb8E
walmart.com/ip/46784936?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222228035583546&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=78193585592&wl4=pla-152161471232&wl5=9027696&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=46784936&wl13=&veh=sem
bestbuy.com/site/acer-predator-xb1-32-ips-led-4k-uhd-gsync-monitor-black-with-red-accents/5159500.p?skuId=5159500
pcpartpicker.com/list/RnnkJV
pcbuildsonabudget.com/best-400-dollar-gaming-pc-build-2016
pcpartpicker.com/list/nr3MVY
youtube.com/watch?v=uZR-a35sxLg
youtube.com/watch?v=9fPxA0Hd8So
pcpartpicker.com/list/JWcQPs
youtube.com/watch?v=EKpKwtMKWHA
jet.com/product/MSI-RX-470-GAMING-X-4G-Radeon-RX-470-Graphic-Card-125-GHz-Boost-Clock-4-GB-GDDR5/e63f1e7cb1b645c6ad7b36c9dba862e2
newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.3135659
microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products
store.steampowered.com/browse/linux/
newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=Homepage_SS-_-P4_3135659-_-09202016&Index=4
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487263
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>building budget pcs

kys

also remember the price of a official Windows key, and the KB+M

>second hand

what kind of cuck are you

Given that I don't have to pay for PSN/Xbox Live when playing on PC, that cost should be factored in. As well as game costs since I have the option to pirate/emulate if I please (as well as Steam sales/Humble bundles and shit). Also worth reminding you that a PC is not just for playing games; amazing, I know - consolekiddies seem to completely forget this important detail.

Everytime I see this shitposter there's always a period in the namefield, weird as hell.

What's the point of buying a budget PC, if the main draw is that it runs multiplatforms better than any console? You want something that's better, not on par. If you're going to be so fucking stingy about building a PC, you might as well just get a console

>console killer

That doesn't mean anything. A PC that plays games at 30 FPS in medium settings is technically a console killer.

>plan involves buying parts secondhand
>compared to brand new console
typical pc knob

>970ti

>Can we build a $400 console killer?
Yes, you buy a ps4 pro for $400 and it is so lackluster it kills any impulse to play on a console you may have had.

>buy a 2nd hand i3 office machine for $300

>find a 2nd hand 970ti & negotiate price down to $100

Ok pajeet. We have to build our PCs here in America. This is already failed

op here. at this point the ps4 destroyed me so completely i am literally at my wits end on how i can still steer people away from it

is ps4 pro had piracy i would be FIRST in line to buy it

A namefag is a namefag, even if its just a period

and the monitor and cables

>people always complain that the PC doesn't include the price of the peripherals
>they don't have piles of peripherals laying around
>they don't include the price of a new TV with consoles

>negotiate
this isn't venezuela

>They justify the TV as "you already had it cause everyone has a TV."
>Don't factor in cable then

First off:
>we
>i3
>970Ti
>Second hand

Underage please fuck off. You have to be 18 to post here.

No. You really can't. And no, used parts don't count. Budget PC's are a meme.

Remember the $300 Fallout PC that ran Fallout 3 and NV at 30fps? Because I do.

And internet, electricity, a desk, and a chair

>would like a console if you could steal games.
typical mustards everyone.

This aint the way to do it
Matter of the fact is that the PC is going to have a bigger start up cost if you want to full experience
600 is about the bare minimum for a decent gaming rig

And the printer

>Actually trying to convince people to spend their money on something else because you don't like it

Hello underage.

>Remember the $300 Fallout PC that ran Fallout 3 and NV at 30fps?
The PS3?

and the house.
and the food.

Ant thee rent, food, water, your wifes sons school books, etc...

>monitor
Well your ps4 pro doesn't come with a 4k TV and $2000 bucks for a TV isn't cheap if you compare it to a $120 monitor
>mouse and keyboard
You can get these for 10 bucks each. Still cheaper than a $60 controller
>official windows key
Linux is a good and free alternative til you learn that you can just get windows for free legally.

Tell me again how you can't afford to build a PC when you're willing to spend money on a PS4 pro?

>PS3
>30 FPS
Please, the 360 would have been a better choice there
t. guy who's played every Bethesda game except Oblivion on the PS3

youtu.be/K1DMrkKRb8E

you do realize the console comes with a controller?

>master race unable to compete with a ps4 without spending thousands of dollars

Not this Aussie retard.

4k TV's are like $350 now. Literally anybody who isn't a poorfag has one these days.

>windows free
Explain

Oh wow. I gotta go buy a K10 for 10 whole dollars? Shiiit. You mean I gotta go to a dollar store to buy a mouse for one fucking dollar too?

Shit this is too hard. Ps4 it is then.

Does it play Bloodborne?

PS4 comes with a monitor?

good mouses cost 50 bucks at least though

Link one then faggot. The cheapest ones are still over 1k

>actually falling for the meme mouse bullshit
You serious user? We are at the point where a 5 dollar mouse for the most part has the same sensor as a 50 dollar one. Only manufacturer actually pushing sensor technology is Logitech.

If you buy a razer you are literally paying a premium for the logo and side buttons.

I have some dumbass Microsoft one from the XP days and it still rocks

The assumption with consoles is that you own everything necessary.
With pc you must start from scratch

>get $200 new Acer lappy with Haswell Celeron last year
>decide to play Dark souls
>find out that on PS3 it runs at 1024x720 then stretches the image to whatever resolution
>lol that cant be right
>use the same settings for my laptop
>unlock framerate
>+40 fps
>console struggles to keep 30
I will never believe you guys are saying ever again.
MUH $1000 PC
MUH PS3
MUH XBONE
fucking lel

Not him, but a quick google on best buy says the cheapest 4k TVs are about 5-600 bucks, while 4k monitors are 3-400 bucks
Considering the price of a PC that can run games natively at 4k, I'd say the price evens out

Windows Insider Program.
Beta test their shit
Get free OS

I agree with all of you.

Another thing that makes it impossible for pc to "kill" consoles is that it doesn't even have any of the great exclusive games on ps4.

walmart.com/ip/46784936?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222228035583546&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=78193585592&wl4=pla-152161471232&wl5=9027696&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=46784936&wl13=&veh=sem

>970 ti

>my machine is stronger than 10 year old console which sells for under 100 now.
congrats i guess?

You can use a TV for a computer, though. It's just TV's suck compared to a monitor.

Oh you wanna go cheapo?
You can get a PC monitor for 50 bucks too.

>A computer from last year outperforms a 10 year old console

(You)

nigga dont even get me started

desu if you are that poor you should factor in the money you can save by downloading games for free. on average a PC's hardware lasts at least 3 years but has backwards compatibility with shitloads of games from the last two decades.

You can build a beast for 700 which only factors in buying 2 AAA titles per year if you bought a console.

Ok
Lets assume you have a pc case, keyboard, mouse, and monitor
Can someone spec out parts that can meet or exceed ps4 pro for $400

but it's true.
btw how does Demon Souls run your machine?

>Find me a 4k TV for that Price
>Lol not THAT TV

This whole thread has just been PC fags moving goalposts. Holy shit.

No.

>4k tv is 2000

Why do people keep saying this? Its not true at all.

Hey buddy. A decent TV is over 1000 bucks. A decent monitor is 120.

Cheapo TV 400, cheapo monitor 50

You still lose either way.

Does a ps4 come with a TV?

ps4 comes with os and a controller

it seems fair to include a windows key and 50$ in pheripherals (25+25 for k+m) for pc.

delete this...

>computers are expensive because Cred Forums told me to always buy the latest Nvidia meme shit every time it comes out

The cost of Xbox gold/PS+ over the years amounts to a shitload of money, and so does all the costly games and worse sales.

In the end with the same amount of money over ~5 years you'll get a better machine that can do much more than a console.

My normie friends think that this isn't a real argument. Consoles just werk.

I hate/love them.

I always wonder if the people who make these images are taking the piss or are legitimately autistic.

i cant

matching gpu is 200-250$, then you'll be short on every other component

bestbuy.com/site/acer-predator-xb1-32-ips-led-4k-uhd-gsync-monitor-black-with-red-accents/5159500.p?skuId=5159500

>Here's your monitor bro

That's a shit assumption, not everyone owns a TV. If someone DOES own a TV, then you don't have to include the monitor or cables since the TV can be used in place of a monitor.

>new computer parts ready to be assembled have been sitting on my desk for days
>mobo and gpu weren't in stock on newegg
>they're still in the mail because the computer shit was right at my budget and I couldn't get faster shipping from the 3rd party sellers
>might have to wait until early next month to get it
>sitting here with a near exhausted laptop

I thought it was dying earlier but it was just running like shit because of a trojan, so atleast I'm still comfy

They are right

You can't even argue against a single point in that pic.

Don't forget price of free time you have to spend on messing around with your PC.

Bill Gates earns roughly $115 per second, and he's just a normal human being like us, so i guess it's just logical to count every second spent on your computer assembly as $115 loss.

Hahahaha.
$115 because that is potentially how much you could have earned from the seconds lost doing the assembly?

I like you user.

>2nd hand
>negotiating

Am I being memed on?

>thread made by the dotposter
>not being memed on
You dun goofed

I'm legitimately curious how one gets a trojan in 2016. I thought Common Sense was a good enough safeguard against getting those.

Piracy comes at a price.

>needing to create artificial scarcity so people will buy your product because you can't compete otherwise
Wew lad

>Spider-Man
>PS4 exclusive

lmaoing at ur life tbqh

>can you?

nope.

it is

I think I clicked on a malicious link somewhere, that or something I torrented

its still retarded though im aware

no baby. im lmaoing at ur life tbqhfam

>$400 console killer
but the ps4 pro and xbox one s already killed home consoles

>THIS time specs have to match ps4 pro
Oh you poor dumbshits, thinking that will get yo enoigh PC power to last 'till 2020...

>buy second hand PS4 pro for 300

These threads are always the stupidest fucking things

Building a PC for comparable price with the goal of outperforming (or performing on par) with a console is a stupid goal that you probably won't hit. PC's main draw should always be the modularity and options it offers. If you're willing to fork over the cash, then better graphics and more reliable performance become part of that set of options - but if you're building for budget or not going to make full use of your options (adjustable graphics, mod support, control options, etc) then you might as well just go get a fucking console instead since your 300 dollar "PS4 killer" likely isn't a reality.

Why bother? Even the new consoles can't even beat Crysis 1 pc graphics.

>Comparing a 1080's graphical processing power to the PS4 Pro that has no separate CPU and thus has to share all tasks on the same die

I rate this one 4/10 as people will fall for it

What's the point in building a $400 PC? Isn't the whole point of PC gaming that you have a high initial cost, but better quality in the long run?
I can't imagine these $400 PCs people are building to last very long with how shitty PC ports are.

>ITT

You could easily match the ps4 pro for similar money if you are building a like-for-like system. The point is you shouldn't due to the potato cpu in the ps4pro. An overclocked cpu (designed for low power envelope deployments) that lacks L3 cache does not a high performance cpu make. A desktop i3 will destroy the ps4pro's cpu (as it should given the target markets).

>good mouses cost 50 bucks at least though

Literally any logitech brand mouse for 10$ will last me at least a year, up to three.

That makes them reliable. Not good.

>Ant thee rent

Ants don't need to pay rent, they can squat in the walls.

>keyboard is confusing

I've had more horsepower than the ps4 pro's gpu has since 2013.

What's the point? You're supposed to splurge on a PC to get the best machine possible. You could make a PC that matches or slightly betters consoles around the same price, but why bother? You can just get a console then. You want a monster so you can take advantage of your superior hardware. Thus getting into PC is more expensive than consoles. Don't lie and say otherwise. Just say, and prove, that the extra price is worth it.

>buying a windows key
>in the year of our lord 1016 + 1000

This is the best I've come up with so far.
pcpartpicker.com/list/RnnkJV
>AMD Athlon X4 880k CPU
>RX 470 GPU
Includes mouse and keyboard, but no operating system. Around $75 more expensive than PS4 Pro, but will outperform it. You can buy cheap Windows keys through reddit or join Insider Program.

oops, I actually switched it to a GTX 1060 GPU

right here, retards
pcbuildsonabudget.com/best-400-dollar-gaming-pc-build-2016

hey, if you're into video games -- or any hobby -- wouldn't you look for the best possible way to play -- and the best way has always been PC. don't get me wrong, i have sony and nintendo consoles, too, but PC just has a massive fucking library and is completely able to be customized. i always look for the best things possible in all my hobbies

pcpartpicker.com/list/nr3MVY

Here you go nerds, it's two bucks over but there's you meme killer.

Just fucking save up for better parts.

you´re just elitist faggot who wants to pretend to be smarter than others over wasting time in stupid shit like graphics

just buy the console, stupid.

>having this much of a inferiority complex.

>No windows
>no monitor
Woooowwww

Consoles don't come with TVs and think of Windows as a PS+ or XBL sub, except almost double the price and it's a one time purchase.

You don't need a console killer. The initial start cost are higher but you save money byou buying cheaper games not paying for online and not having to upgrade your whole pc ever 3 to 4 years.

Building budget PC's for 400 bucks is fucking retarded.

Yeah, you're doing it to prove some kind point, but here's the thing see: There are always going to be pretty shitty PC ports, a ton in fact. "Console killers" will run some bench marks showing some game running better than on consoles, problem is that's not going to be every port, some ports will run better on consoles if you build a shitty 400 budget PC because of the nature optimization.

Also, if you're going to settle for less than decent PC specs then why bother with PC in the first place?

>>buy a 2nd hand
ok let me buy a 2nd hand ps4 pro for 10 bucks from my friend then

Windows is free you idiot.

Yeah but everyone and their mother owns a TV not everyone owns a monitor with no computer.
And give me one reason I should ever buy PS plus or Xbox live
Pro tip: you can't

Do you also include TV cost when buying a console? Fucking moron.

y-Yeah windows 10 i-is great

ez

put a 1070 in my 5yo sandybridge pc

>PC cant be used on TVs
>Windows 10 is not free
lol

Then there you go, use your TV as your computer display/monitor.
And get Linux or some other free OS and play your games on that.

eat shit

why? they commit sudoku every 2 years now.

>Windows 10

Why match a ps4poo for $400 when you can add $100 more and get something twice stronger.

But that won't be enough to even play BF1 on minimum settings op, you need a i5-6600
While I play it on max on my ps4 no problemo

Used enterprise machines are always available though. Businesses go through thousands of machines, and retire them every few years.

>400 dollar pc
But isn't the entire point of PC that you get to pay top dollar and get top dollar looking games?

>official windows key
>Playstation runs on a Linux variant
wew

The point is to play mainstream games with this PC. How many games are you going to play if you put linux on your PC?

>max settings
>ps4

Pick one

the FX 6350 is not even close to the i5 6600... the i3 6320 has proven it beats the FX 8350 in games, let alone the 6350

The PS4 doesn't play it on max

Yes, but don't expect console war shitposters to use logic and reason.

BSD is not Linux.

But user, BF1 runs fine at 1080p on low on a 560 Ti.
youtube.com/watch?v=9fPxA0Hd8So
That said, the PS4 version runs the game on medium-high settings at 900p, and it can't even run it well.

Whatever lets you sleep at night without sobbing about your wasted money

Scepter TVs from Walmart have a high failure rate. Spending $350 a year isn't necessarily cheap.

Not even for the sake of an argument, don't buy Scepter.

virtually everything on steam.

>Persona 5
>exclusive

pcpartpicker.com/list/JWcQPs

SHIT. I went a whole 10% overbudget on a more capable machine that can use mods and has more functionality, free online, more controller options, better multitasking, customizable graphics settings, emulators, and a way bigger library of available games! Even though it murders the PS4Pro dead as a value proposition, the fact that I couldn't bring the price down to $399.99 means that I've clearly failed!

>you must have bought the hardware to talk about it

great deduction there, I buy console and PC games genius

>Youtube screenshots
Well, if we're doing this...

The times when games looked better on PC are gone gramps, deal with it
youtube.com/watch?v=EKpKwtMKWHA
Consoles are as good as $1000 PCs running it on high

PS4 confirmed for slightly stronger than PS3.
Why buy a console that's only slightly better than one from a decade ago?

PC gaming is an absolute joke to me.
The best games on PC can be played on on old ass laptop like Undertale, and modern AAA games suck big time so why would I care about playing those better? The best modern AAA games are Sony first party games and Rockstar games, which I hardly care about anymore.
Only reason I'd want a decent PC is to emulate old console games, render videos and learn a few programs.

Think about how much money you just lost writing that moronic post, then go ingest some bleach.

>I have no eyes but I must shitpost

>pc """gayming""'
Simulation is were its at kiddo

this is a masterful bait thread op, I salute.

>400$
>4K

good luck

>PS4
>4k outside of last gen games
Good luck.

Most games aren't available on Linux, and the few that are generally run worse than they do on Windows. Wine can't run anything using DX10 or above, and even some DX9 games are still broken. Linux is not a viable option for gaming, especially on budget hardware.

Are any of these games even out yet? Every time I see arguments for PS4 having games, they aren't even out yet.

Sauce

Linux has a bigger library than the PS4, and it supports Vulkan, not to mention Linux games generally run better not worse.

you're forgetting on PC you have options that aren't available on consoles, such as you can eventually get Windows and still keep Linux, meanwhile. Nothing commands that you must keep the same or even just one OS on your PC

Sonyggers hype them up to pad their shitposting lists, then the games come out, turn out to be shit, then are no longer brought up.
For example:
>Star Ocean V
>The Tomorrow Children
>Shadow of the Beast
>EGttR (before the PC release)
>LBP 3
>Disgaea 5

They're nearly identical. Only noticeable visual difference is framerate.

>They're nearly identical. Only noticeable visual difference is framerate

Most of that "library" is Unity engine garbage from no-name indie studios.

And no, most games on Linux run like absolute shit. All Unity games have performance problems, all Feral ports have performance problems, all VP/eOn ports have performance problems (the Saints Row games are Arkham Knight levels of bad on Linux), and even most of Valve's games have performance problems. Games that perform as well or better than their Windows counterparts, like Left 4 Dead 2 and Arma III, tend to be exceptions.

why would you build a budget pc that can't play ps4 exclusives and can't play the best pc games.

Seems silly really.

>Only noticeable visual difference is framerate.
Exactly, that is probably reason enough to not fall for the console scam.

Also look at 3:05 and tell me that PS4 has good AA or that the XB1 looks nearly ass sharp as the PC version.

>Most of that "library" is Unity engine garbage from no-name indie studios.

Here lies the problem, our opinions about the libraries, they differ, I do not like the linux library anymore than the PS4 Library, however Widnows being able to play an expansive back catalog is something i'd be willing to plop down $35 for a Win Key on top of my build.

Regardless Linux does a fairly decent job at the DX9 games I love via WINE, so it is my opinion on that "library" that makes me value Linux gaming more

I have no comeback for your second point I just wanted you to share examples

>$70 psu
> $330 gpu
>put in your current PC
Done.

HAHA STUPID PCKEKS HAVING TO UPGRADE THEIR SYSTEM EVERY 3 YEARS LOL. THANK GOD I WON'T EVER EVER HAVE TO DO THIS WITH MY SUPERIOR CONSOLE!
Oh wait :^)

>linux
He wants to play games retard.

If you don't wanna spend dosh, buy a console. If you have money to spare and want the best experience, drop some extra dish on a PC. Simple as that.

Even Retro Pi can run hundreds emulation. What is the PC's advantage?

consoles dont need a killer they are Dead on arrival, to all the ps4 cucks that will buy the ps4 pro, enjoy your """"4k"""' with cinematic 30fps

>What is the PC's advantage?
Not being absolute shit at it.

microsoft announced they will crossplatform their games for the xbone with windows 10 and sony launched PS Now for PC

>build beggar pc
>wait 15 years for console ports
Why the fuck anyone would even put up with pc is beyond retarded. Pc = dead irrelevant trash.

I don't need a 4k tv to benefit from a ps4. In fact, it's the opposite, 1080p mode will have better visuals and framerate

Also
>Using linux
Could've just said you're baiting

whatever you say, i will keep playing on my "irrelevant trash" and listen to music or watch videos while i play games, and lets not forget i dont have to pay to use my OWN internet to play online

op here.

let us not ass fuck ourselves fellow PCucks

not even a 1080 managed 4k on deus ex Mankind Blacked.

the magic in consoles is custom hardware

Camrack himself stated that a console will double the performance of a pc with same hardware....this is due to hard-wired console tech

for 4k ob pc a $3000 pc sli setup is needed

if ps4 pro gets piracy pc gaming will FINALLY die

>Tfw consolefags (read: Sonyggers) have been saying PC is dead for years
>Keeps getting stronger and stronger every year, so much so that consoles are literally trying to be PCs
Kek.

dont forget your 25 fps on the way out

>implying people who has a ps4 wont upgrade to pro
>add paying for the online bullshit and if you want games all of them cost like 60$ a piece
Yeah thats like 700-900 bucks easily could get a computer that lets me run all games shitpost on Cred Forums pirate everything listen to music watch a movie and do some work on it all at the same time

>"console killer"

>"just buy shit in second hand and overclock everything to near combustion"
>"it'll be okay for a couple years if nothing melts"

Come on, that's sad. If anyone wants a decent pc they'll have to spend ~700-800 euro, that's just that. It's more more expensive than a console but it's also better, it's that simple.

dont forget your denuva

Find the shit listed for your prices otherwise they are made up numbers. Shit needs to be concrete.

Only fuckwits are buying into 4k shit.

dont worry i wont forget my steam sales and gog and my torrents

op here. at this point the ps4 destroyed me so completely i am literally at my wits end on how i can still steer people away from it

is ps4 pro had piracy i would be FIRST in line to buy it.. FFS

I mean the housefire would be fine if you literally only use it for games.
But i don't understand how people don't survive without a desktop anyway. So that's at least everything but your gou, and maybe a bit of your cpu right there.
I mean my pc was about $1k.
But i would still probably pay $600 for a Facebook machine.

>$75 more expensive than PS4 Pro
You do realise if ps4 pro cost that much it would be 7 tera flops.

I know this is just bait, but PS4 Pro can't handle 4k either. It's upscaled 1440p.
Mankind Divided runs at around 30 FPS at 1440p on an RX 470 or GTX 1060, which can be used in a $450-$500 build.

>tfw not poor so I have a good PC and a PS4

Not buying a PS4 Pro because literally what's the point? I just play weeb games and those don't need powerful hardware.

TFW when I can buy a ps3 for less than $50 and a ps4 for under 150

It can heat your cold room in winter. Can't think of a better reason.

>making a picture that uses the word "literally" incorrectly
Only 19 year old memesters use that word like that, and anyone with even a modicum of intelligence thinks you're stupid.

I am sick of seeing these console killer clickbait youtube videos yes you can build a pc cheap but at what cost. modding your games is a big fat no if you like laying under 10fps then there build a cheap pc but honestly a mid range pc that can handle ENB mods and smooth frames would set you back at least $600 but these videos don't mention that.

Can we stop making literally the same thread over and over in the vain hope that the people who already answered this question happen to not show up today?

Console wars are childish, but console wars in stale battlegrounds are just retarded. Make an original shitpost if you want to get (You)s.

$259 barebones parts without gpu.
$163.76 rx 470 (making it slightly better than a ps4)
jet.com/product/MSI-RX-470-GAMING-X-4G-Radeon-RX-470-Graphic-Card-125-GHz-Boost-Clock-4-GB-GDDR5/e63f1e7cb1b645c6ad7b36c9dba862e2
$422 for a Pc that's slightly better than the ps4 pro and games are free if you pirate or at least cheap as fuck. Might want to add $50 for a 1tb hdd.

Forgot the barebones link
newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.3135659
and use code TRIPLE15 on jet.

You could be using this time right now to get money and be an idort.

Instead you're a broken record on a forum full of children.

This is the best one so far.
You can get a 1tb HDD for $40. And add a DVD drive for $15.
So that's only around $80 more expensive for noticeably better performance. PS4 Pro btfo.

>DVD
>better than ps4 pro
Your build is already obsolete

Where is my Windows? Also, M+KEYB

Does ps4 come with windows ;)?
What are you using to type right now?
If you can't get a copy of windows with a simple search for free kill yourself.

Add $20 to that bill then. Still lower than a pro with PS+

If you add PS+, where are my free monthly games on this pc?

>Spiderman
>anime shit
>Pop a mole "cinematic" "shooter"
Not a manchild, so I don't want to play any of these "great" exclusives of yours. Might as well brag about having a Teletubbies game next.

This is what especially pisses me off. They will suck off a game like Dead or Alive or Guilty Gear just because it's on their console, but I can never even find a match with people on here.

>free

You don't have to brag about anything. The whole pc gaming scene consists of moba f2p irrelevant trash.

Most Sonyggers realize that most of these games are shit, but they have to justify their purchase and shill for Sony.

Free weekend Steam games and really nigga do you not know...

>Second hand
Build a PC better than the PS4 for 100 bucks, the original PS4. Go ahead I'll wait. You will be able to get a second hand PS4 Pro for less than 200 bucks less than a month after release cus casual are compulsive. So build that if we are talking second hand.

>moba f2p irrelevant trash
>I don't know what an RTS is
>I don't know what a simulation game is
>I am too young to play any game that doesn't have a huge add budget that assures me it's good.
>a shooter is only good if it's on my precious console.

Fucking hell, imagine how much shitposting there would be about Overwatch if it was exclusive to, well, any platform at all.

Is r/microsoftsoftwareswap safe? I need a liscence for my new build for cheap and an user recommended it in the "gee bill, two 1070s?" thread we had earlier today but a lot if these posts look like third-worlders trying to steal credit card information.

>2nd hand

Come on son

At least try

>Not a man child
>Names 0 games he plays
Probably autistic shit, most people I play with on PC play autistic shit.

>970ti

If it's prebuilt the PSU is trash and probably 2gb RAM if you're lucky.

Just fucking pirate it you fucking retard. I have 4 machines with legit windows and I never paid a cent for it.

>RTS
Dead.
>simulators
Trash.
>inb4 indie garbage

I pretty sure you think the pinacle of games is uncharted and souls games.

Why $400? I can build a $1000 console killer, why the arbitrary limit? Are you assuming that I'm so poor that I have only $400 in my bank account?

These threads are fucking stupid.

I know this is bait but are you seriously pushing the pc has no games meme? Pc has literally the most games out of every platform because it has backwards compatibility to the fucking stone age. I'm even playing some wii u games on my pc right now with CEMU U.

no, poorfag. we're not building a pc for you. do it yourself, you lazy shit.

>buzzwords like autism
What's the point? No matter what game I mention, you'll say it involves autism. I mean, unless it was on the PS4, of course. Is Street Fighter V autistic? Plenty of Sonyggers have that game and it requires practicing for several hours to get good at it, so I'm sure that would count as autism if it were a PC exclusive. Or how about the game where you just duck and roll around, e.g Bloodborne?

Oh but really, I like the new Unreal Tournament, Quake Live, and Planetary Annihilation.
Planetary Anihilation, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, and Total War Atilla are recent. Simulators are only trash if you are a child with no patience.

Here's something I never understood. Romance of the Three Kingdoms is a PC strategy game, but it gets ported to consoles as well. Do Sonyggers actually play games like RotK, or do you only know about Dynasty Warriors and shit like that?

Because that's the price of consoles you simple bitch

$100 is the price of the Ouya

with your logic, if you can't build an Ouya killer PC for $100, then the Ouya is the superior platform

Where and how?

Just use a public tracker, niglet.

Microsoft has repeated time and again that they don't give a fuck about piracy, since cracking down on pirates would just push core users to other OSes. That's what makes the "hurr durr you have to include the price of a windows key in your PC build because otherwise it's stealing :^)" null and void. Paying for windows is the idiot tax.

>PC only has western games, which are OBJECTIVELY shit, and ports of ancient Japanese games that were never actually any good
>PS4 already has the shit western games, but you don't need to wait a decade to get the same Japanese tripe
>there are people who buy both to prove something on a something something landlocked asian country that's still under communist rule something something archaic form of entertainment

This is where I'd post a Drake, if I had one.

>20 whole dollars is a massive price

Official windows ISO

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Toolkit to activate

forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products

Ms doesn't care about blocking consumer activation. They only want enterprise users to pay

same would be true of a console though, you'd have to add the price of the tv on top

japan focused on gameplay...HEAVILY. deep down in their small cocks they knew why people play games....something that hideo forgot

you shills r getting desperate now....a new low.

why would i literally destroy a $2000 pc with your spyware / malware OS?

gaming pcs are premium machines not toaster office pc's

MGS5 has great gameplay though, all his older games not so much i guess.

There are plenty Japanese games on Steam and untranslated stuff on other more indie focused places, PC has more japanese titles than any other current gen console.

>Nintendo was on top in the console market
>Jap games were not only good, but the dominant ones
>Sony is on top of the console market
>Jap games are bottom of the barrel shit

Wau, really makes ya think...

>official windows key
apparently there are too many Chris Evans laughing already,
Cred Forums dont let me upload another one.

>that pic
you monster

>MUH LOW BUDGET PC
Stop wasting your time on cheap shit.
If you don't have money to buy proper shit then get a better job.

ooookay...and? look i know there are pribabl y five-six different temples in the heart of the rose, but i am getting sorta tired of these post whrre we all just sit round singing koombyea and wacking off when he is near and he is coming i fast

enough isenough not the band but the feeling, but there isnt an time to spare when theis thing is so close its a thing of the fall of the board of the hate we feel for one another and

the

love

skipping this is no good and neither is ignoring it WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE FUCKING DOING

sorry i know language on a sfw post but please spare your thoughts on this matter until you read up on it. i did call in to the radio to discuss and was shut down - no i do not know why or how or where that thing from behind the park was or where it works if it is underground so SORRY but i am not going to saym ore. pm me for details, otherwise, go back to hsaving your ow back

>2016

>People still buying overpriced hardware for fake exclusives, yet cry that kickstarter and early access are scams.

>buying used
>not stealing brand new hardware

Anti Malware Bytes

what iritates the hell out of me is when console fags say "well you need a monitor also!"

well you need a fucking tv

I don't wanna dosh out more than 1000 eurodollars and I'm completely out of the loop hardwarewise.

Will I do good with a i5-6500 and geforce gtx 1060? Are AMD alternatives worthwile?

I'm thankful for any advice. Oh yeah and I don't have a monitor because I've been using a laptop for the past 5 years.

>Be college student

>Sign-in to School's Dreamspark Portal

>Receive Free Key

>Will I do good with a i5-6500 and geforce gtx 1060?
Yes.
>Are AMD alternatives worthwile?
Not really but they get the job done if you can't afford Intel + Nvidia, a 480 8GB is a good alternative to the 1080 but not that much cheaper and in certain regions more expensive.

$1000 is a pretty good sweet spot in that you don't have to skimp out on stuff like motherboard and power supply, the latter will last you 10+ years if you pick a good brand and reasonable wattage, i'd say 600+ is probably future proof what with components becoming more efficient, using less power to run.

>2016

>Still using exclusives as an argument as why X is better than Y

>Have good gpu for the money I had at the time
:)

>Most games drive the temperature so high that it's fan sound like a wind turbine and turns the room into a sauna
:(

And if it's one of those old CRTs with no HDMI inputs, VGA to RCA converters exist.

Besides, it's not like you can buy a used PS4 and throw in a Pro Card to make it better.

Lol wut? I can play it just fine on my i3 8GB 750ti setup at the PS4's 900p resolution. And besides what is the quality of the PS4's textures and what average frame rate does it have?

Cool thanks. I guess I'd have to up the processor if I go with the 480 8GB?

Also, is it reasonable to use a single monitor for close up gaming and for watching movies/gaming from a couch (~2.3m)?

look up i5 bundles
rx480/1060 are literally the same real world preformance but if you play gameworks, 1060. if you like fine tuning 480

amd cpus are 5 years behind, dont bother for video games.

you will be fine with a GOOD 500-600w psu. check jonnyguru

Literally what's the point when Project Scropio will run first party games at native 4k?

>good pc
>don't need powerful hardware
hmmm.

Linux has no games you moron

i got an idea lets flip this build me a console that can do what a high end comp can

>Cool thanks. I guess I'd have to up the processor if I go with the 480 8GB?
Nah, won't really make a difference, it's good enough not to bottleneck your graphics.

>store.steampowered.com/browse/linux/

I mean, it's not very impressive when compared to windows but still, there are games.

any mid tier computer past 2014 destroys consoles

theres just so many conveniences to it (even if we exclude gwafix and mods) the only reason you would still want a console is 2 or 3 exclusives

But everyone except microsoft and publishers want to support linux because its open and vastly better to code with.

But user, it'll flop on its own just fine. It doesn't need to be $75 more for that

>deus ex Mankind Blacked
>the magic in consoles is custom hardware
>if ps4 pro gets piracy pc gaming will FINALLY die

My sides!

>have like 7 grand in the bank of pure disposable income and nothing to spend it on
>am still more inclined to drop $2000 on a minor pc upgrade than a ps4
There's just nothing worthwhile in the ps4 library and never will be. I feel sorry for all the people that already bought a ps4 for what, a shitty dark souls clone and knack? Sad.

>$2000
>Minor upgrade
wot

At this point the next tier in upgrade is another $600 video card, $300 worth of liquid cooling setup, another $300 SSD, and $800 for a vive or 4k monitor.

but amd vega is listed as $500 and even nvme drives are not $300

Nvidia master race peon.
>nvme drives
I'm just aiming for a terabyte ssd, they're around $300.

You have to if you want to even play online, you cuck...?

Im LMAOing @ your life

so your not into hbm or the best ssd tech on the market?

ok "master race"

I know they have nvme tb drives but honestly I am already out of pci and pcie slots, and I have no idea how much a TB one would cost.

Oh, and HBM is a bunch of marketing bullshit that I don't give a fuck about. AMD is for budget builds, not real computers.

It's funny how consolefags seem to switch from "it's too expensive" to "You're not buying the best" when they see these budget builds.

The point still remains that it's better than their overpriced box of spoons with 3 games. Nothing changes that.

>budget build thread
>"haha master race is too poor to afford a ps4"
>monster build thread
>">$2000 for a gaming system"

So console comes with the console itself and a controller, along with the power cord and hdmi cable.

So compare it to desktop + keyboard + mouse (+mouse pad?).

Problem is if any of you had a real job you would know that every office building has a never ending stack of keyboards and mice that are fair game.
Meanwhile a ps4 controller costs $70 and breaks in a year.

>Hey buddy. A decent TV is over 1000 bucks. A decent monitor is 120.

I'd say you can get a worthwhile keyboard and mouse for the same cost of a controller but it really helps to invest in decent ones.

Well their argument to that would be that they already own the TV for other things. A monitor is specifically for the pc.

That said, a pc can run on a HDTV fairly well.

PCs only out-value consoles years after they come out
you pay more for more

>you can't plug a pc into a tv

>That said, a pc can run on a HDTV fairly well.

Jesus user, the post is only 3 lines long.

Poor fag life best life

Buy 750ti or GTX 950 in 2016 and play all good games released for it in 720p60fps or 1080p60fps for less than 100 dollars.

>console fag prices

>400 dollars for a fucking console
>60 dollars a year for 4 years
>640 dollars
>NUUUU MY PS4 ONLY COSTS 400
>WOW LOOK AT THAT PKEK SPENDING 700 TO MAKE A COMPUTER I ONLY SPENT 400 ON MINE

I thought PCs were supposed to be cheaper than consoles and give better performance?

WTF I hate this meme now.

They are

A console has tons of hidden fees you're going to unknowingly pay into. Console tards somehow think you need to match a PC 1:1 with a console completely ignoring the fact the console's yearly online fee just to play online is 60 dollars

>mfw PS4 can't multitask, use multiple screens, use other peripherals, can't use multiple storage devices, can't use SATA3, can't use literally fucking anything, but it CAN cost money to play online every year

Tons of hidden fees? I mean there's online but... please, show the others. Nothing is coming off my credit card so that's a weird statement.

I have two controllers both working since launch.

You steal gear from your job.

Ok.

but PC has no games unless you count indie trash

>please, show the others.
Theres a ton of payware that is otherwise freeware, 10 dollars a month for some streaming service shit. If you truly want to match or even come close to the capability of the PC you're either not doing it or you're paying for payware shit

> if any of you had a real job
> works in an office stealing their shit

If you had a real job you'd be able to buy your own shit without it making a dent in your bottom line.

you need a computer for work anyway
might as well get a good one and use it for gaming as well as work

bait

The nice thing is that a 400$ PC will run games at 60fps. The biggest issue of the PSBONE is the shitty laptop CPU that will literally not allow mainstream games to run at 60fps unless it's some technosorcery-tier stuff like Doom or FM6. A simple i3/Athlon x4 will not struggle with pushing 60 FPS in most multiplats, somethings like a Nehalem i5 or i7 will tear the consoles a new asshole, and those can be found for 100 bucks with motherboard and RAM. After that you just throw in a used 380 for 80-100 bucks and you can shit on people with no end. You can rape current gen consoles for 250 bucks, and if you throw in a 480/1060 instead it would be more like 350 bucks, and the PC will last 5-6 years of 1080p/60fps at max to high details.

newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=Homepage_SS-_-P4_3135659-_-09202016&Index=4

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487263

i3 + 1060
just over $450

>PS4's OS

>console killer
>no KB+M
>no frequent updates for games
>no mod support for games
>lower graphics
>more performance issues
>online subscription fee to play with users

All of which is optional and incredibly niche. That's not hidden charges, those are services available on everything form your pc to your ipad.

Netflix, which i'd have anyway, is the only one i use.

By your definition everything from a smart tv to an iphone to your pc has "tons of hidden charges".

$850 rig if you want to even attempt to play anything worthwhile @1080p 60fps
computer desk
gaming chair
mechanical keyboard
gaming mouse
quality headphones
a mic with a pop filter
dual monitors (if your poor) 3 monitors
copy of windows
wireless router and modem
broadband cable access (might need installation too)
xbone controller
wii u controller for emulation w/proper d-pad
steam library including train simulator and all it's expansion to impress your contrarian hipster steam friends

>All of which is optional and incredibly niche.

And free on PC.

You're right, I could spend $100 on a mechanical keyboard and $70 on a gaming mouse,
or, or, I could use one of the 9 keyboard+mice combos I have from work, for free, that were otherwise going in the trash.

>I have two controllers both working since launch.
Yeah I'm sure they're both in perfect condition, assuming you never actually play your ps4.

Can you access Windows store? I don't really see a point in upgrading from pirated 7 if you can't play Forza/Gaylo

You forgot pretty awesome new releases that aren't indie shit and aren't 10 years old.

Thing is, those of us who want to play these games will pay for this if we want the upgrade, and there's no difference between that and you paying $300 to upgrade to a quality video card.

Many of us will do both and use both platforms.

Who gives a shit if you don't like it? You'll just miss out on some great games.

$850 would not play warhammer total war at 60fps on 1080p, well, maybe at minimum graphics but that's a waste in itself.

PC players mocking ps4 players trying to upgrade when they tout it as one of the greatest things about PC are just hypocrites and shitposters.

>$850 would not play warhammer total war at 60fps on 1080p, well, maybe at minimum graphics but that's a waste in itself.
because warhammer was optimized like absolute ass.

>hurr my nitpick means consoles are better
>no I'm not mocking the thousands of other PC exclusives

My computer still has parts in it from a decade ago.
I don't consider buying a new console every 3 years and throwing the last one in the trash to be an "upgrade."

>$850 would not play warhammer total war at 60fps on 1080p
yes it would because it does

I have an 850 dollar PC from last year with a 970 and I play it fine, 60fps 1080p easy

Why wouldn't you? It's like saying you can't access steam on pirated windows 7.

You can install windows 10 officially and not activate and at worse you just get a popup and watermark telling you to activate. You can still use the windows 10 store.

>$850 rig
lmao nice toaster. bet you're going to be gaming HARDCORE when 4k becomes normal in less than a year.

good you poorfags are fucking DELUSIONAL

>mfw my cousin built a $400 meme """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""gaming rig""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

it's disgusting being related to poor trash

the 480x can do 4k easily

enjoy your PS4 that does upscaled shit like its 2006

By the time it becomes normal, prices for the upgrade will be affordable.

Congrats on buying too early.

please kill yourself and any disgusting flea-bearing children you might have, poorfags.

im going to vomit

>make a false statement
>get corrected
>FUCKING KYS

kek

All these threads are the same. Almost no one in poor neighborhoods are building PC's that's why consoles sell well. It's a gaming alternative that works well enough to be playable. in a society dominated by fast food franchises how the fuck are you surprised by sales figures. High end gaming PC's are for those with the resources or ability to build them. Also,anyone buying used shit deserves scorn.

How bad was it?

I'm not poor because I respect my money.

>posted from a $350 """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""gaming rig""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>If you don't blow money frivolously, you're poo

wealth is power, but a disgusting poorfag like you who thinks he's mustardrace with his $350 """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""gaming rig"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" wouldn't know

FAGGOT lmao

bait

>stating the obvious is bait

poorfags and public education everyone!

>I was merely pretending to be retarded

>can we build a $400 console killer?

Yes, you just have to make some edits on a Castlevania game.

>Krusty the clown lighting cigars with 100 dollar bills.
>user probably didn't realise that was a joke.