youtube.com/watch?v=YEjoz9egJDs
youtube.com/watch?v=--kb0569o14
youtube.com/watch?v=BnjEUfZPhu4
youtube.com/watch?v=9kOAdhUlkt0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>city trial

>only one mode out of 3 is good
>masterpiece

Had this game stolen from me as a child, just bought it recently and man does it feel good to play again

>buying games you can easily emulate

>filters

>Killed the series
>Sent it off on a bizzare tangent the next 2 games were wasted on trying to clean up and correct
>Brought a poster boy into the limelight spawning cancerous cgi movies
>Brought in a wave of kids hating on previous games
>Sold worse than 5 and 6
>1/2 the game is shit
>QTE's for no reason
>Not even what it set itself out to be to begin with.

Sorry, even though it's a good game it's far from a masterpiece.

i don,t care much about losing snes games but n64 and gamecube have yet to be emulated to perfection and it can be a pain in the ass to play them otherwise.

rely meks u tnk

Air Ride, City Trial included, is shit at everything it was designed to do but the magic of fucking around on a big map and autisticly filling up checkboxes with three friends on a couch is something other games fail to replicate.

Not him but RE4 is far more than a masterpiece. It's pretty much the best game ever made. The extremely well done game design can't be matched by anything.

>judging a piece of art based on what it caused after

that's like saying cod:mw 1-2 were awful games because of the shit that came after.

Tell me why I'm wrong.

The first non-handheld game I've ever played.

good feels.

Pic related is a bit better though.

>filters

>Hey Europe, Japan says they're the only ones who can make creative hardcore games that push the hardware to its limits
>Oh yeah? Hold my beer for a second

No.

Well then you need to take off your nostalgia goggles.

There are gameplay elements that are pointless.
Most of the QTE's have no point -Boulder chases? really.
The island is a mess of elements, the laser puzzle, the laser corridor, the truck sequence they have no point. It's an amalgamation of useless shit. it trashes the pacing and draws it out far too long, the island is the shittest part of the game for a reason.

Saying it's anything more than amazing is just nostalgia and bias, it's nowhere near a masterpiece.

Arguably one of the best soundtracks on the system also.

youtube.com/watch?v=W8zIaaU5i_Q

>tfw the QTEs were praised as exciting and innovative when the game came out

The only pointless thing here is your existence.

A game worse than an earlier entry in the series which itself was not a masterpiece cannot be a masterpiece.

One of the top 30 maybe. The SNES had Castlevania 4, Mega Man 7/X and three Final Fantasies after all.

>Dark Souls 3
Outta the way, dindu.

That's not SMB3

ANYONE CAN BE A HUSBAND LOVER

>inferior to dark souls 2 in every way but presentation
yeah, no

there will never be a mario rpg to live up to this one

RE5 is much better. It does everything 4 does better.

The island in RE4 was the shittiest place in any RE game. The village was great, the castle was so/so (the dumb as fuck part with the catapults throwing barrels) and the island was just pure retardness. The beautiful tense atmosphere that the game builds into the village, goes to shit within 5 minutes of setting foot in the castle.

It's a good game but far, far away from a masterpiece.

>Outstanding graphics
>Outstanding music
>Outstanding gameplay

This game is masterpiece alright.

still one of the best rpgs out there

So far ahead of its time.

The Island is shit until you reach the laboratories

>tightest platformer controls ever designed
why can't modern games be this well designed?

Nah, RE4 is still pretty great, played it when it was GC exclusive, then played it on the wii rerelease, PS2 rerelease, then the PC rerelease.

All of these

Dustforce by far and away surpasses it in terms of controls. Not like that was hard or anything since it actually has varied movement options.

RE4 is a masterpiece
As a kid I was so afraid of those regenerators, scared me to death

TTYD came close but SMRPG is slightly superiour in terms of exploration and secrets

my fucking niggas, came to post this but you beat me to it.

ah well this one is a masterpiece in its own way

>DaS3
>Worse than DaS2
The only thing DaS2 had going for it was the improvements to the UI, the areas pre-dlc are all pretty boring, Shaded woods, Shaded ruins, Drangelic castle. Dear Freyja.
The removal of powerstancing was probably the thing I miss the most from DaS2 other than that the game is easily the weakest in the series.
DaS3 doesn't have Adaptability, thus making it infinitely better balanced.

RH is certainly unique, but a masterpiece? Come on.

i really want a remake but i'm scared they ruin the great game.

>"earlier entry in the series"
>DaS3-fag is so insecure he immediately assumes I'm talking about DaS2 instead of any of the _three_ other possibilities because DaS2 is the only game DaS3 even approaches in quality.

The developers died like 20 years ago. I think Terranigma was their last game.

Back to facebook pal

>RE5 is much better. It does everything 4 does better.
>the island in RE4 was the shittest place in any RE game
>implying RE5 isn't one big island section in RE4

>facebook
reddit pls go

And DKC2 beats all of those without blinking.

naah, they made some other games that only got released in japan after terranigma.

but it's sad that such a great dev studio has died

oh yes baby hmmnnn... yes more! give it to me, loving this bait ohhh-

>RE5 is much better. It does everything 4 does better.
>everything

What is "What the fuck did they do to the inventory" for 500$ bob?

>no one has posted the TRUE best game
Cred Forums needs to git gud.

Nigger, I am saying DaS2 is a bad souls game. if that bothers you then I am sorry but get over yourself.
You're just backing down because you know I insulted your precious shit game.

it is masterpiece user in the DS library alongside Ghost Trick of course. the only other DS JRPG that comes close was Suikoden Tierkreis

this is also a masterpiece in terms of gameplay

>Is such a sperg that he responds to a post that didn't even mention DaS2 in order to shit on it.
>Gets mad when he's called out.

this

But he never mentioned DaS2.

Nothing will ever beat it.

Oh god I remember the final boss fight when Bowser is stomping towards you in the distance....and the soundtrack...I've never felt a boss fight that intense in any game since.

Kero Blaster

Just shut the fuck up, its obvious you were talking about DaS2 and now you're trying to save face after I called out your horrible taste

i love that game to death as well, the bonus levels were a nice challenge as well. the only negative thing i can think was that boss were you had to reflect eggs and the annoying cry of baby mario

youtube.com/watch?v=YEjoz9egJDs

>Fighting Galbalan the first time
>youtube.com/watch?v=--kb0569o14 starts playing
I'll never forget that hype as fuck moment

I was referring to Dark Souls 1, you incredible autist.

Oath was the first Ys game that i actually finished. i played 1 and 2 (ds version) but i never finished it for some unkown reason, i got all the Ys games that are availible on pc, any rumors or announcement on any other Ys games heading to pc?

HA.
No. What are you a twelve year old?

you got some great taste user. its my favorite as well

youtube.com/watch?v=BnjEUfZPhu4

Dunno, I'm not paying attention to Ys games lately since I didn't like Seven at all.

Why is it so easy to b8 Cred Forums

>Game released 2001
>12 year old
Not sure if you'll manage to do the math here but I'll give you a hint.
You're retarded

>yfw when you realise it isn't diddy kong's quest

He's saying that you have the taste of a twelve year old, not that you're literally twelve you idiot.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt; if you're not twelve that's even more sad.

+1

I'm not him, but what if...
the person posting that was twelve when that game came out?

I have never noticed that before, and I love that fucking game.

I meant twelve as in only fucking twelve year olds could like this game. Poopoo is funny right?
>horrible, frustrating, repetitive gameplay
>broken, glitchy controls
>short, linear, completely devoid of challenge
>no memorable world concepts or themes
But it's a masterpiece because they have poopoo and references to movies that were outdated with the game came out 15 years ago? Saving Private Ryan LOL! XD yep masterpiece, 9.9 like IGN says.

Also acceptable
Red Asphalt

I need to finish this game. It was quaint.

Undertale

that's a weird way to spell Mother

Are you fucking kiddin me? Holy shit ive gone so long and havent noticed that...
>Diddys Kong Quest
>Kong Quest
>Conquest
Shiiiiiiiet.

I know this is bait, but fuck you.

for you

Dumb as fuck
>Killed the series
Great games don't kill series, shitty sequels do.
>Bizarre tangent blah blah blah
Resident evil always had shit story
>Poster boy blah blah blah
Fuck you're stupid

>EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE

Having a hard time grasping the fact that twelve year olds back in 2002 like it?

Best Castlevania.
Fite me

Speaking purely technically, this was Rare's swan song with Nintendo as well as the 64's most visually impressive release.

And anybody who shits on this game's writing is a prude.

Underrated

this. RE5 isn't bad but it's basically a cover-based shooter.

OP for these quotes is right, RE4 is still GOAT. And if you don't play it like a scrub (read: using the TMP), it plays like a regular RE game where you very well can run out of ammo.

>radiant Historia
>ALTTP
>Yoshi's Island
>cave story
>Final Fatnasy Tactics
>bait

Holy shit you're a complete retard

I'm taking your bait just to call it out as bait

Congrats, you were successful, now no one else has to reply to your stupid ass

>says the person who responded to what may be the laziest bait on Cred Forums.

kys Cred Forumsstain

>Super Mario Bros 3
>Bait

Seriously?

Pictured: Diddy's Conquest

underage and casuals need not apply

Can we stop for a second and appreciate this masterpiece?
I'm watching Mang0 3-0 all the Gods right now and hype levels are nearing critical. Call me a spazz, call it baby's first fighting game, but you haven't SHFFL'd for days, weeks, months, years. You haven't played high-profile matches. If you're hatin'.. You. Don't. Know. Shit.

Gimme some b8 pics, Neo.

>no one posted ocarina of time

FO:NV

Far from it.

That also deserves a spot.

as long as it's 3D

aside from the glitches

>masterpieces
>it's whatever game he played as a child and has longing nostalgia for

Nobody has posted Ocarina of Time or Mario 64 yet. I'm disappointed.

Sheva is literally retarded and will take all your herbs

instead, they named games that are even older, like Terranigma, SMW, yoshi's island, the original Zelda and DKC2

Nice try sean

>I only enjoy sophisticated and intelligent games for intelligent and sophisticated gamers as myself. If it has BLOOD or POOP or CURSE WORDS then it is silly and childish, much too childish for my mature and intelligent tastes. Quaff nepenthe!

Best in the series.

My nigga

I almost wish it had not been a Zelda game, so we'd have a chance at a sequel. I want some more Minish gimmicks, they were fun.

Minish Cap is fun. Really, really fun. I love it. But its not a masterpiece

Mario 64 WOULD be a masterpiece if Rainbow Ride didnt exist

WE WERE BOTH 18 AND IT FELT SOOO RIGHT

Mah nigga 2.0!

I wish I had a based talking hat.

One that called people niggers.

AND ITS KEEPIN ME AWAKE

>HEY NIGGER!
>nigger turns around, enraged
>point to the hat with a cheesy grin

I'm thinking about picking up Ys, what order do I play them?

That's not SMB3, hell, even Mario 64 is more of a masterpiece than World

That game is too hard and kinda boring. Also the storyline is bad

Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Chrono Trigger
FFVI
FFVII
FFIX
FFT
Earthbound
Mother 3
OOT
Majora's Mask
Deus Ex
Morrowind
HL2
Planescape: Torment
SM64
MGS3
Metroid Prime
Super Metroid
MMX
DKC2

>Can we stop for a second and appreciate this masterpiece?

No. this game can't even have accurate matchups calculated for it because it's so full of inane random bullshit thanks to being built on a terribly made engine

Meleefags, grow up. even MvC2 kids had the sense to move on when a sequel came out. Melee manchildren just embarrass themselves

While the style and ascetics make it a love it or hate it kind of thing, no one can deny it took the DS to its limits and utilized every feature it had. Battles where fast paced, demanded multitasking for maximum bonuses, and had tons of options for how you could approach things. The difficulty was customizable right down to setting your character to level 1, and it rewarded you for it without hampering players who wanted less of a challenge. Lots of character growth and mystery, a vibrant and alive world to engage in. It really hits all the walls for what I could want from an RPG

Resident evil 4 apologists everyone.
His arguement literally is
>it's not 4's fault it's the sequels!
>it's a good game therefore it can't be the problem
>the story was shit anyway

Fucking retard

>tfw my dad and I used to play this game and he used to wait until the last millisecond to launch the egg at bowser just to add to the suspense

>neo-Cred Forums doesn't even notice the filters
I want 1998 to leave

>implying he didn't just googled super mario world and posted the image
also
>caring this much about pixel perfect emulation
You really can just buy and use a normal SNES, you know

Are you... Me?

I thought the story/characters was the bad part about it.

Oh that song brings me back.
Flatout2 had it as well. Good times...

I still got 2 copies of it. One big box and a cd-case.

Great game, still remember the main menu theme

Underrated

half life 1

What does the top text say??

From what I see "You'll never want to bake again"

Hey guys thought I'd join the thread.

Finally a game that matches OP's description

I fucking love this game.

It's a very good game, but by definition, it's not a masterpiece. It takes a finished piece to be a masterpiece, and shiggy openly said that he didn't get to put in everything he wanted to. It's an incomplete game, so it's not a masterpiece.

You guys know of any other game that you can play 16 years in a row and not get bored of?

Warcraft 3 is getting close, but for the custom games and not the "real" game

>It takes a finished piece to be a masterpiece
Says who?

Trashy opinions aside, I just want to let you know that it's fucking obnoxious when people make giant quoteposts like this.

Says dictionary.
>a piece made by a person aspiring to the rank of master in a guild or other craft organization as a proof of competence.
It's required to be flawless. It has a flaw, so it's not a masterpiece.

>It's required to be flawless.
No where in your definition did it say that.
Yet again, says who?

Are you kidding? Is this bait?

>proof of competence
>flaw

Find me one piece of art, literature, film, or game that doesn't have a single flaw.

To be fair HoMM3 has random maps and the super easy map editor. You can only play All for One and Myth and Legend so many times before you switch to randomized maps or just make some yourself.

I'll start by saying that I don't consider myself a huge metal gear fan, I like a few of the games from the series but Metal Gear Solid 2 is legitimately the only video game I would call a masterpiece. I understand that people will think I'm trolling or something but I honestly feel this way. If video games aren't art Metal Gear Solid 2 is the closest they've ever come imo.

These creatures are fascinating, thanks for introducing them to me

ur welcome

shittygame.jpg

Your dad's a wild card

I like Minish Cap, but you move too slowly for my tastes.

>BLAST PROCESSING SO YOU CAN BE FAST
>can't go fast

Subtle.

>the game is bad because of things that happened after it was released

that's not how this works, friendo.

so goddamn underrated

>American box art

Tomoyoshi Miyazaki died user, there is no remake unless its a cashout attempt.

What's wrong with american box art, fella?

Consistently garbage

He didn't say the other modes were bad faggot

Really good game, but not masterpiece.

BOY
NEXT
DOOR

>can't go fast

YOU can't go fast because YOU suck user:

youtube.com/watch?v=9kOAdhUlkt0

Get good.

Pretty great overall package desu, but Shiren does have better gameplay.

It's the best Michael bay videogame I've ever played. At least single player is.

Yeah i agree, multiplayer was really good too.

>not killing him with the pots
How plebeian

Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition

back 2 lereddit

ITT: Master pieces of shit

Go to bed, Todd

>killed the series
>...but the series continued to sell even more after that
Define killed

chronicles 1 and 2, oath in felghana, ark of napishtam, ys seven, ys origins, whatever else came after that I havent played yet.

Not flawless but definitely a masterpiece.

>finally make a game that has elder god tier gameplay
>completely shit the bed with the story, the one thing MGS had going for it

this is good bait, but here's some honest thoughts.

It's a good game but it doesn't stack up to other MGS games, even if you dismiss the story the gameplay is so... unvaried. MGS was always about having varied gameplay. The lack of boss fights, lack of fun side missions, and lack of any challenges that deviated from the core gameplay make this game seem like it's far more unfinished than just the story, the entire game seems like it needed 2 more years, if I'm being perfectly frank and honest.

>The lack of boss fights
Did we play the same MGSV? There were tons of boss fights. I think the problem is that the bosses themselves had zero character.

throwing a bunch of enemies into an arena doesn't count as a boss fight, The skulls were cool, but most, if not all of the encounters were completely normal gameplay, there's nothing there, the sally fight is the only boss fight in the game.

If the skulls fighters were boss fights than things like the staircase in MGS1 and the Elevator scene are boss fights, personally speaking, I see these are scripted events, not as a boss fights.

Just compare a skulls fight to something like The Pain and you'll see what I mean, even the quiet boss fight, while close to a real boss fight, lacks any polish or pizzazz.

I like the game, but it really falls flat in terms of boss fights, you don't even get to fight skullface ffs.

I long for the days in which bosses would flip out of filter tanks full of fast sinking water to throw a barrage of knifes at you or possibly throw a knife into the ground that freezes your shadow in place until you shoot out the lights.

Bosses like that basically don't exist anymore.

>If the skulls fighters were boss fights than things like the staircase in MGS1 and the Elevator scene are boss fights, personally speaking, I see these are scripted events, not as a boss fights.
Granted. As far as how it was framed in V, though? Those sections were clearly touted and designed to be boss fights.

>Just compare a skulls fight to something like The Pain and you'll see what I mean
That's sort of what I was getting at. V dumps special enemies into these arenas and does fuckall to make them interesting to fight. That doesn't change the fact that you can clearly see how the game defines them as bossfights. They have all the mechanical structures of bossfights. I think we agree, to an extent. I think that the boss fights were lackluster, you see them as non existent.

MW 1 isn't even that good, MW 2 was already meh, WaW was the last half decent CoD

I don't even have to bother with the new ones to know how mediocre they are

(You) sure showed us :^)