Danganronpa V3

Are you going to buy Kaede's game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N6l3e1QHIVk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

Yes

Yes, I loved the last two. Despair girls not included.

Yes
On PC

Why are all the DR covers so shit?
UDG was the least shitty one and it was still awful.

Are you sure this isn't a mislabeled Zero Escape like DR3 was?

No, I will buy Hopebot's game

>version three

So they just keep making the same game over and over again?

No, it's just that the mastermind this time around will be the third version of a Junko AI.

Kodaka and Uchi know each other irl, so the similarities are nothing new.

ZTD contained "Junko: Serial Killer Edition"

Putting in a picture would help.

>the first and second still aren't 15 dollar bargain bin games

Uh, let's go guys, Vita is a dead legacy platform right, where are the clearance prices GameStop, etc?

>kaede's game
it's about time a protagonist dies

You might as well just pirate at this point, if price is still the hangup. You could wait for a Steam sale, but eh, they haven't exactly been barnburners recently.

gonna pirate

>DR1
-There was a tragedy that killed most of the population
-Monokuma is a funny mascot character.
-Characters learn that there was a timeskip between when they were captured and when the game starts

>VLR
-There was a tragedy that killed most of the population.
-Zero III is a funny mascot character, but an AI in a computer.
-Bracelets on the participants will kill them with a lethal poison in certain circumstances.
-Protagonist was the mastermind behind the game's events. He didn't know because it was his future self and therefore he has no memory of it.
-Characters learn that there was a timeskip between when they were captured and when the game starts

>DR2
-Monokuma is an AI.
-The game has an escape room in the style of zero escape.
-Game ends with WE WILL CREATE OUR OWN FUTURE WITH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP
-Protagonist was the mastermind behind the game's events. He didn't know because it was his future self and therefore he has no memory of it.

>ZTD
-Game ends with WE WILL CREATE OUR OWN FUTURE WITH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP.
-Participants are periodically put to sleep by the bracelets, which also display the time.
-One of the participants, who turns out to be a villain, is in a wheelchair and does not speak. They view everything through camera feeds.
-There is a secret extra participant that is conveniently off screen, a trick allowed by the cinematic nature of the camera angles
-The villain can manipulate people with a “Mind Hacking” ability, whereby they take control of people’s actions against their will

>DR3
-Participants all have bracelets that periodically put them to sleep. The bracelets also display the time.
-Bracelets administer a lethal poison in the circumstance that a rule is broken.
-One of the participants, who turns out to be a villain, is in a wheelchair and does not speak. They view everything through camera feeds.
-There are lots of cinematic camera angles, including many shots which are from the perspective of looking into a room from a hole in the roof. There is currently one participant unaccounted for...
-The villain can manipulate people with a “Mind Hacking” ability, whereby they take control of people’s actions against their will

Considering they're coworkers I'd be amazed if they didn't.

Zero Escape and Danganronpa are both made by the same developer.

The V stands for "Victory"

Depends. Will there be mind hacks in it?

Wheres the full version of the cover?

What kind of bullshit is mind hacking? I keep hearing about it and o refuse to believe something so stupid exists in a murder mystery.

In ZTD? There's a character who can read people's minds and manipulate their actions for a couple seconds. When you, the player, make a choice that would hurt others, the other characters might say "Why would you do that, ___?" as they're the person in-game that's supposed to be making the decision. The character responds saying they're not sure why. The guy with Mind Hack powers made them do it.

In DR3, Junko makes a brainwashing mind control video. She uses it in the prequel arc to turn Class 77 into terrorists, and in the sequel arc to make people kill themselves. It's so powerful it even worked on Naegi. His life was saved by luck just before he could suicide.

In ZTD, the mastermind has the ability to "mind hack" - he can take control of other people's actions for split second decisions. In the game, you (the player) take control of multiple characters in the game for split second decisions. The implication is that you are actually playing as the villain, but it isn't conveyed particularly well since you still make decisions and witness events in timelines where the mastermind has died

In DR3, the mastermind uses a subliminal messaging technique in videos to brainwash people who watch the video into committing suicide and/or turning to despair. It's a slightly more traditional brainwash but is still referred to as mind hacking due to memes and the overall similarities DR shares with ZE

i love DR covers

Vjunko

Only if it cames to steam.
I'm not buying a console just to play a game.

HAHA what the fuck, Sakakura was really gay

I wouldn't even pirate this garbage.

do i need to play the other games before this one?
cause i don't have a psp and ppsspp runs like shit on my pc

>Actually consuming weebshit media

for fucks sakes grow up, anime is literally for children (and grown ass people with the tastes and intellect of children)

ok but answer my post

Ok

They have PC ports that run on toasters

thanks, i didn't know that.

Yes
Spike Chunsoft can do nothing wrong

This is coming out on PS4????

Holy fuck

>murder mysteries are for children
>he can't enjoy a good murder mystery with badass synth-y music and challenging logic games
youtube.com/watch?v=N6l3e1QHIVk

Same

>They have PC ports that run on toasters
If you can't run it on PPSSPP at proper speed, you won't be able to do it on the PC ports either. They run about the same.

What the fuck kind of PC do you have that can't even run games in PPSSPP? Even my old laptop that lagged on flash games could handle running games at higher resolutions in PPSSPP

Depends on whether or not Kaede vacates the protagonist role to the one cyborg whose parameters fulfill the criterias.

Dude, it's possible. I'm in the same boat.

It's probably a laptop with an integrated video card.

>decide to completely fuck up the conclusion to the first two games so people are more receptive to a reboot

This isn't a clever idea.

It's just a final farewell to the characters. Don't take it so seriously.

It's like half the price on steam, despite being way newer, it's ridiculous.
I have both in steam, but I collect vita shit.

>but I collect vita shit

the ultimate sony cuck

I don't even own a bloodborne machine. I just like weeb games and handhelds.

Who will be the cunts of V3

me

HD version when. I want to see what the fuck half of them are holding because it likely relates to their talent and/or crime

From the courtroom poses I've seen Girl Twin, Pinwheel Hair, Steampunk Junko, Scarf Racer, and Sailor Boy all have Cunt potential.

Toon Midget, Muscle Nerd, Sleepy Witch, and Donuts 3.0 all have Bro/Sisterhood potential.

Baseball Cap is the Kirigiri. Purple Man is the Weedman. BDSM Mask is the Gundham. Robot looks like he could actually be kind of boring to be honest, but will inevitably be important all the same.

Robot is makoto.
Steampunk Junko is gonna be literally Junko.

>challenging logic games
HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT A DEVICE THAT CAN MOVE THINGS UP AND DOWN? I LITERALLY CANNOT THINK OF A SINGLE EXAMPLE

>Cred Forums has a constant hateboner for "cinematic" games like uncharted despite them having a ton of quality gameplay along with a good story
>gets to the point where you cannot have a discussion about these games at all because people who've never played them jump in and say "MOVIE GAME"
>any threads about walking sims are also immediately shot down
>somehow nobody cares about these """""games""""" where the gameplay is literally press x to advance the plot
I thought that Cred Forums having an eastern bias was just a meme, but huh

Improved Hangman's Gambit needs to go and stay go. I had to tank many of those and rely on health-restoring skills in the late game.

It's OK when Japan does it

>Are you going to buy Kaede's game?
No, I'm gonna buy Hopebot's game.

if the vita version get translated, I dont have ps4 yet.

Likely sailor boy

It's different.

>not having a bloodborne machine in 2016

That very likely to happen

Yeah, it's different because unlike Uncharted, this has no gameplay at all!

>he isn't buying my game

The anime is pretty stupid desu

Nope. Sounds identical when you put it that way.
I think the difference is everyone acknowledges Danganronpa is a borderline VN and is meant to be thst way, plot, story, characters, etc.
Everything in this department for UC is shit and it uses the "game excuse"when gameplay is a casual joke.

>Hopebot in the middle of the box art
>Kaede off to the side like a side character
>People still seriously think she's going to be the main character

No, I'm going to buy Hopebot's game

She's also the largest character on the box

Large and to the side trumps being central

Togami was the MC of DR2?

>Chiaki covered by the D in Danganronpa
Wow, I bet this character isn't important at all then

She's more visible on the jap version

Can we at least guess their talents and personality based on that cover?

You're fucking retarded

I wish we had a higher quality photo of the cover

Except for the part where the gameplay in DR is literally more complex than in Uncharted
DR literally has more in depth shooting mechanics, it's not simply point and shoot, has a bunch of minigames, and even more in depth exploration

Once it releases in the US and not on a dead Sony handheld.

It's on PS4

So it might have a game other than Bloodborne now? Sweet.

We'll probably get a high quality image soon now that they've revealed it.

>No PC version

ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR

WHY MUST THE SONS OF SONY CONSTANTLY GET AWAY WITH THIS?

It will get a PC port in 2019 :^)

So simultaneous western release on pc, psvita and ps4?

I'll wait for PC

>wait a couple years for game to get localized
>wait a couple years after that for game to release on PC
I'll be checking file extensions from now on.

> all those years of avoiding spoilers

>wait a couple years for game to get localized
One year at most. This series has precedent for localization now. Hopefully it will be earlier
>wait a couple years after that for game to release on PC
You're fucked here, though.

Ok, answer these two things:
> How do FTEs work?
> Why reveal the MC, only to say it was a fake-out, only to say the fake-out was fake

Also at this point, baseball cap boy is a far more likely twist protagonist. But to have one blatantly innocent character thrown in prison with blatant delinquents and then doing nothing with that dangling plot line would be a huge cop-out

>How do FTEs work?
This is biggest argument as to why a protagonist fakeout wouldn't work in this series, and none of these Hopebot people have an answer for it.

Just give it up. You're getting a female protag.

>female protagonist
sad to see this series ruined

>Trapped inside a school that has several classrooms
>There's never any lessons

Explain this.

Why does that ruin it?

There's only a Headmaster who likes to sit and drink martinis all day. There's no other teachers to learn from.

They learn how to solve murders and be friends. It's a new type of alternative learning

I'm guessing because he can't self-insert in the FTEs or School Mode.

His loss. I definitely gonna enjoy the boys hitting on me and maybe a little yuri depending on what happens.

...Maybe.

They could have self organised lessons. They've all got unique skills, I bet any one of them could teach. Set aside a couple hours a day for self improvement. I mean, I'd pay good money to attend Sakura's MMA class, Byakuya's financial/stock trading tips and Hifumi's art/creative hour.

But then you'd have things like Leon's PE class (which he'd hate every second of teaching), Touko's Writing course (where she'd tell you in length why every submission is garbage), and Weedman's mysticism classes.

And Chihiro's computer science course would just end up the way all trap doujins do.

Well, this is hypothetical. Most of the characters need to grow the fuck up anyway, there's no way Byakuya as seen in game would be caught dead helping anyone. Maybe a couple years of school life (with no murders) and Leon can hold his attention a little better, Touko's a bit less of a sour cunt, Weedman grows a brain, and I'm not seeing a downside to Chihiro's

She's going to be written like a man, just with boobs, because there's no way the writers would present an honest portrayal of the female psyche. So we'll have a character that isn't relatable to the player, regardless of the player's gender.

WHAT THE FUCK.

THAT'S BETA CHIAKI IN THE BOXART.

THEY LEFT THE BETA DESIGN, IN THE FUCKING BOXART

Waiting to hearing about some western info, they did well enough on steam for another port.

Probably this girl

Day 1
leaving the internet in January.

Post yfw your favorite character dies

Calm down user, why would Japan release info talk about Steam?

Celes was the best girl

There's literally no reason for the west version to release on all 3 platforms, maybe a few years ago, but there's an established PC market now.

>A bunch of highschoolers going to class when they don't have to, let alone running one

Come on man

She went out a hero, I've come to terms with it.

Not like they've got anything better to do.

How so? Seriously

The meme character fucking Juzo went out with a more heroic death though.

what?

>favorite dr1 was Junko
>she dies but still comes back in DR2 and DR3
>favorite dr2 girl was Sonia
>she survives
I feel bad for the people with dead favorites that don't come back

Her notes saved the day, they'd still be lost without them.

With information provided by Kyoko

I forgot to say "at the same time". It's the current year and we now have a healthy established PC market, both DR1 and 2 sold nicely on steam encouraging spike to port even more games that aren't even DR. I can't see why the western version won't release on PS4,Vita and PC at the same time.

So being a glorified infodump is "heroic" in your eyes.

Why shouldn't it be? She's a detective, that's her most powerful weapon.

Kill yourself, normalfag
back to

Mira and Junko aren't really at all alike. Mira's just a sociopath who actually enjoys causing others pain and doesn't do anything other than specifically murder people; Junko's causes despair through a variety of schemes that rarely involve her personally committing murder because it's the only thing she's found that can mitigate the boredom she has from being able to read what everyone around her like an open book.

>I can't see why the western version won't release on PS4,Vita and PC at the same time.

Because there are people that bought the PC version that own a PS4. once you release it in another console you lose sales for another one.

The PC ports are aimed towards a western audience too,so Spike Chunsoft NA probably gets the PC ports going with the money the localization generates.

Cmon user, you should know how this works by now.

>Future Arc is a piece of shit
>Despair Arc is amazing
What went wrong?

You got it backwards, friend

Both are shit friendo, despair even more than future because it makes DR1 and SDR2 worse by existing.

I liked both

How does Despair make them worse? It just gives them more backstory.

They both have brain problems that prevent them for feeling emotions in most circumstances. Then they realize there's an extreme situation that makes them feel "something". They keep creating those situations and just pretend to have emotions the rest of their time when they're around people. And they both have huge boobs.

They're not that different, it's just that Mira's a murderer and Junko's a terrorist.

>because it makes DR1 and SDR2 worse by existing.
I think the anime's lackluster too, but if this is actually an opinion you hold, you're retarded. A bad new entry is not capable of making good previous entries less good. That makes no sense.

>A bad new entry is not capable of making good previous entries less good
It does if I can't forget it, I wish I could wipe it out of my memory.

How? The games are exactly the same.

Obvious the problem lies with you.

>Obvious the problem lies with you.
No it lies with the anime.

Did the anime kill your parents

The anime didn't change the games to be less good, buddy.

They killed themselves after watching it.

Despair went spiralling downhill from when they rushed through the entirety of Twilight Syndrome in Episode 3 and none of that was ever really brought up again (Aside from sort of being a big reason why Hajime signed up for what he did I suppose)

There's been some noteworthy scenes that stand out mostly for being intentionally uncomfortable to watch, like the First Killing Game or Chisa getting Mind Hacked.

But it's ultimately fucked up all of the SDR2 characters except for maybe Imposter, and has absolutely ruined Junko for all but the most diehard (read: retarded) of her fanboys. No longer is she a master manipulator, she just stumbled across a hypnotic anime that she can make people kill themselves with.

And then while they're rushing through all the Dangan 2's stuff, we get an entire episode detailing every single detail about the history between Seiko, Ruruka, and the blacksmith I couldn't even be bothered to learn the name of. And unless Seiko's medicine HAS saved Kyoko, they were the most useless trio of characters the entire series has seen yet.
Future is honestly fine for what it is. It doesn't outright ruin anything, it's just an extra story that unfortunately relies on Despair to build up some backstory of the new cast. But damn, they really should have just left most of the Despair stuff about the DR2 characters to peoples imagination.

Junko was always shit, i have no idea why anyone liked her ever.

She was great and amazing in DR3 until that whole stupid brainwash anime shit

>A bad new entry is not capable of making good previous entries less good. That makes no sense.
It is a problem when the bad new entry is the "official explanation and wrap-up of the story arc and also answer some of the unanswered and vague mysteries from previous instalments.".

Basically it comes down to:
> What we expected
The DR2 class slowly being driven to the point of insanity so that they too could understand her love and desire for all things Despair, with her manipulating everybody to a point that they they twist into monsters, expanding on stuff eluded to in their tragic FTEs.
> What we got
Junko locked the DR2 class in a room for 3 minutes and put a big swirly ring on the screen and said "HA HA I KILLED YOUR FRIEND NOW DESTROY THE WORLD FOR ME MINIONS!"

See also another example of bad finales souring the entire product: How Zero Time Dilemma summarised everything that happened in Zero Escape as "An old man did it because a woman wouldn't step on a snail. Don't worry about everything from the past two games, that stuff wasn't important."

Or it's like looking at the Original Trilogy of Star Wars, and as Obi-Wan is killed, in the back of your mind you're thinking "This was all Jar Jar's fault somehow"

I want to cum inside Mahiru

Anyone with good tastes wants to.

I don't understand your mindset. All I see it as is lame in itself. It doesn't ruin anything else for me. Same with your Star Wars comparison.

Guess we just view fiction differently.

I want to cum inside Touko
While licking her armpits

>Despair Arc is amazing