This just arrived and I placed it in my PC

This just arrived and I placed it in my PC.

What now?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_Vulkan_support
pcpartpicker.com/list/CDQZJV
youtube.com/watch?v=EhaB1dqYv_I
youtube.com/watch?v=SLs-sMteggg
i.gyazo.com/b5dc4eb9c55fa17521692d560bc6a132.png
pcpartpicker.com/list/RxWGPs
supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Atom/X10/A1SAi-2750F.cfm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Enjoy having crap graphics compared to your 1080 overlords.

Blogpost about it on /v

OK I will try.

It's way quieter than my 660 ti.

If GTX 1070 will only last 2 years, how long with 1060 last?

It's already obsolete

this is why I've been planning builds for years and never gone through with it. The parts become outdated so quickly anyway

I was going to order the 1060 so I could play some games I like at decent settings.

Then I realized it was already obsolete and didn't bother. I'm still using an 8800gt, waiting for the 1160 to see if the price/perf is worth it.

So did i fuck up with 1070 or what

This. OP just managed to throw his money out of the window.

If you didn't buy 1080 you got cucked hard

>obsolete

So having to run games on high instead of ultra means the card is obsolete, gotcha.

Don't feel bad OP, I bought a 960 9 months ago.

>>GTX 1070 will only last 2 years

>7970 still does 1080p 60fps

I didn't upgrade from my 660 ti for awhile because every X60 card was a marginal improvement, so I feel for you man.

>he buys a gtx 1060
>he makes a thread about it

it is like going to a bar and you start shouting "hey everyone look I am poor"

If you're gonna get a PC just to lower settings then you shouldn't have in the first place. Play console instead like the cuck that you are

on what, 2D indie games? everything on ultra low?

>2 years

They're releasing Volta next year, Pascal was just a stopgap solution to amd's polaris.

I didn't buy this 1060 actually.

Also stop making fun of me. C'mon man.

>SLI'd GTX 1080's
>Still can't maintain 60FPS on some games at 1440p

I don't know what the fuck you're supposed to do with a single 1060

I would agree with you if consoles could achieve solid 60 in all games, but they can't

what games?

epic meme my friend!

Is the 1060 the new meme card, meaning that everyone is talking shit about it just for fun?

>1060
U dun goofed, user.

>want to upgrade from my GTX 750 Ti
>all of the GTX 10s are apparently garbage stopgaps until the next line

I don't understand.

Last I tried was Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Constantly dipped into the 40's

That can't be real.

>buys poorly optimized PC games
>complains on Cred Forums about it

When I was going to buy a 9xx card everyone told me to wait for Pascal. Now everyone is saying to wait for another generation again.
Does this mean that nobody should buy a PC ever?

Pretty much. It's $250, performs better than the 970, and when OC'd can rival and surpass the 980 in a few games.

It's one of the best bang-for-buck cards released in awhile.

Also AMD fanboys like to have faith in the "DX12 future-proof" RX 480.

>being a graphicsfag
More reasons to build a PC outside of graphics, friend. Control options for one, as well as mods and a very large library of exclusives. I see little point in spending an extra 200+ dollars on my card for a marginal improvement in appearance, when anything on High settings looks fine to me anyway.

You can also do shit on it that isn't video games, how cool is that?

ITT: butthurt amd fags

because they know that they don't have a card for normal price which is as powerful as the 1060

Smart purchase if you ask me op. Unless you like games a hell of a lot there's no reason to spend more than 250 on a graphics card really. I can't imagine how much you'd have to like games to spend 800 on a graphics card that's just gonna get outdone in a year.

what is the point of buying a new graphics card that can't even max out current games at 1080p 60? if all you're playing is old shit and mobas, why even upgrade your card?

>I don't know what the fuck you're supposed to do with a single 1060
High (not max) settings, 1080p, 60fps

something my old GPU couldn't do

No, you're just a dummy. Should have bought a 700 series. Still maxing everything with a single GTX 780. Now to wait until something game changing comes out

It is, first batch 480's only came in the 8gb variant with 4gb locked by bios.

>1060
>powerful

Holy shit this thread

Me? I have a 8 years old PC, still waiting for someone that tells me that this is actually a good time to buy a new PC.

I can't tell if this is a troll question or not. Do inbetweens not exist in your world?

Must the choice be between 1080p60fps in everything, or 1080p20fps in everything?

This 1060 doubles and sometimes triples the performance of my old card.

r9 390 is as strong as the 1060 gtx, and 10 times cheaper.

jerk off into your pc

Wow, it costs 25 dollars?

The r9 390 is more expensive you dumb nigger.

>What now?

watch as 2 year old AMD cards beat the shit of your brand new card in DX12 and Vulkan

the 390 is VERY slightly more powerful than a 1060, abut 3% higher relative performance

but the 390 is about $100 more expensive so fuck off

You play the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Where is Vulkan being used, currently?

>Also AMD fanboys like to have faith in the "DX12 future-proof" RX 480.
>DX12

I never undestood the "ultra" meme. You can play BF4 on 720p medium 60fps on a 8800GTX, a literally decade old card. If you upgrade your GPU more often than 3 times a decade you're either a hobbyist or a faggot with too much money. Buying new flagship cards every year is like buying a new 2l diesel BMW everytime they do a revision. It's literally money going down the drain.

What sould I do Cred Forums ?
I don't understand this graphic card shit.
My friend told me I shouldn't buy a gtx 1080 because in a few months AMD will announce a more powerful gpu.

I didn't get an AMD card because they always seem to have little bugs that would probably end up annoying me.

For example there's an OpenGL problem on PCSX2 that only affects AMD cards.

You really couldn't save some extra bucks and just go for a 1080? Fucking impatient dumbass, you deserve this

neither can't the GTX 1060

There's always a new more powerful GPU coming a year later. This way you will never upgrade.

>2 year old card is better than a fresh nvidia shit

top kek

What? AMD fanboys regularly claim that the RX 480 is more future proof for DX12 and Vulkan games.

I never understood the "I'm gonna build my own pc but choose shitty parts anyway just because I'm poor" meme. If you don't go for a high end PC and you're gonna lower settings anway, just play on console, cuck.

I couldn't. I got this 1060 for free.

Shit, really? OP don't listen to the fags in the thread telling you that you fucked up. If you're not enthusiast-grade you did fine, especially if you managed to grab this thing without spending a dime.

Daily reminder that you shouldn't fall for the 4k meme if you don't have a big enough screen to play.

Without a 4k tv or monitor it is totally enought to own a gpu which is able to run games on high settings. Gtx 1080 is not even capable of running 4k games on 60fps.

>dat sweet feeling when order error gave 480 nitro for $190 at launch
>can drop the voltage by 75 with stable boost clock
and ill sell it next year to some shmuck for a hbm chip

>GTX 295 is stronger than R7 240
Nvidia does what AMDoesn't

Yeah and I got my 1080 for free too.

Yea but I couldn't get a 1080 for free.

People say that every year.
>Don't buy one, wait until "new card/architecture" comes out next year!
>repeat ad nauseam

Fucking this. Like any game isn't going to be developed/optimised for the cards that have been sold in the past recent years.

>Can't decide between this meme card or AMDs meme card in the same price bracket
It's coming as a gift so maybe I can't really fuck up but I've been told the RX480 will get better in time. I don't know shit about these new cards.

>all of the GTX 10s are apparently garbage stopgaps until the next line
Force yourself to upgrade. If you regret it - oh well. Is it really that big of a deal?

If you don't regret it, congrats because you'll enjoy playing games at higher settings than with your 750 ti.

>getting a 1080
>when a 1070 has 90% of the performance for $300 less

fucking idiots

except its real this year because of process shrink + new memory standard

buying 1080/titan now is going to get you nvidicucked

For Vulkan, yes and they are actually right. For DX12 not at all, then again DX12 is DOA.
If you want a future proof card you get the RX480 because every dev jumped on the Vulkan train, including console manufacturers. If you want to play current console ports like Witcher 3 and games released in the next 12 months at crispy cross 46fps you get the GTX 1060.
Remember when Nvidia shills made fun of AMD tards all those years because they used a different architecture? Turns out the meme magic was real and Vulcan turns every AMD card retrospectively back to even the Radeon 7000 series into a sexual game slayer.

the 1060 is a budget card, stop shit posting. the fact a budget card thats 100 dollars cheaper keeps up with most of AMDs best is embarrassing

why arent you comparing the 480 which is apparently AMDs best to the 1080 or titan x?

Is this true?

Except 1070 will be obsolete in a year or so

>you try to make purchase based on your economical possibilities matching also a good price/performance compromise
>you must be poor!

kys, the whole point of PCs is options.

The fact that even developers forget this at this point is fucking annoying. Yeah great, your game works great on ultra on a $2000 system, but how does it run on low-medium on a system a fraction of that price? Like utter shit, because devs don't bother to optimise low settings anymore.

It's a good time to upgrade your CPU/mobo now. You could probably score one of the Haswell hexacores for cheap now, but if you want your PC last for a decade, I would personally wait to see what Zen's up to, if anything just to see the pricedrop. Friend still has the Q9600@4ghz and he still manages to get most games go over 75fps.

The difference in performance between the 1060 and 480 is marginal.

All these "this gpu is better, no this, NO THIS"

This is why I have a console.

Feelsgoodman

>waaaaah Im poor

see If you're gonna lower your settings anyway, then you're just a cuck.

Yeah, really makes you not think

No, I don't plan on spending more than 900€

Just don't participate in the shitposting and you can still enjoy it.

I have a 1060. Does the knowledge that there are stronger cards out there impact my ability to enjoy games? Fuck no it doesn't, this card does a fine job and didn't cost an ungodly amount of money for a marginal improvement.

>implying that GPU war is thinking and not just mere fanboyism

>zen
if you get a haswell or even skylake you will better off than zen for vidya

>I have a 1060

Jesus christ this thread is amazing

>i upgrade my computer to play old console games

nvidia memesters.

that literally has nothing to do with my post

here's the (you) that you desperately crave

The 1060 is fine. The 1070 is a pointless card though.

a mix of old and new isn't bad

Play games that require it like dwarf fortress and terraria

uh huh

>mfw this faggot hasn't upgraded his GPU in a decade because he's ironically retarded enough to think a mid range GPU is obsolete because it runs games on high/ultra at 45-60 FPS.

I was just agreeing with you. Damn.

?

>except its real this year

>people actually think this is worth it for gaymin

>The 1060 is fine

Fine at being obsolete, yes.

>DX12 is DOA
Nigger you best be joking. You know damn well that Vulkan will go exactly the same as OpenGL did, initially showing itself to be superior to DirectX, but eventually being replaced by it regardless because game devs are complete cucks. Microsoft are not going to lose their monopoly on PC video gaming.

JUST

>WAAAAAAH I'M POOR!
>MY CHEAPER PRODUCT IS BETTER BECAUSE THEY'RE CHEAPER WAAAAAAH

Just because a turd on the sidewalk costs less than eating at a restaurant doesn't mean it's better, nu male.

(you)
i'm playing the witcher 3 at ultra 60 fps right now

Good idea. I remember grass being my mortal enemy when I had a 6950. Should be able to eat it for breakfast now.

There are people selling a whole 5820K PC for roughly 1000€ and that's with a monitor, disks, rams and spare bargain GPUs. Don't tell me you couldn't find a CPU+mobo combo for under 700€.

I personally don't know if a quadcore would last another decade, even if we don't progress for shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_Vulkan_support

So graphics card elitism is a thing? What the fuck is wrong with your people?

It's literally over one thousand for a graphics card?? fuck that

WHO ELSE 1080 HERE?

If you plan on buying a 1070/1080/Titan, yeah.

I think it mostly the same guy spamming

Now this is funny.

>I'm too poooooor! That means expensive things are bad!

this thread is hilarious

>food analogies
Oh boy

>he only plays multiplats

You can go on Newegg right now and it's $650 - $700 for a 1080. Not that that's worth it either but he might live in Australia or something.

>

If you can afford it you've just bought one of the most powerful cards currently available on the market that will handle high/ultra settings long after more powerful cards are released. Just the same as any year.

Lets play 'guess the vendor'
>factory software that spies on you
>outdated architechture that cant inDX12/Vulcan
>inferior image quality

wait for some console ports.

>1070 can play every single game out on ultra @ 60+ fps right now, even modded
>people get a 1080

>add more ram xD

Who's the one on the upper left corner?

>Nvidia

lol idiot you could wait 15 years and get a GTX 1060 for free lolololol

>out right now

What about the future huh? Yeah I thought so

A new architecture doesn't come out every year. If you want insane performance it makes sense to wait a year or so when you can get a significantly better card for the same price. If you want a budget card though, then yeah the 1060/480 is fine.

whatever man, you payed 50% more price for a 25% increase in performance

that's shit value

not even PC enthusiasts on Cred Forums care so much about being top of the line every single year, otherwise we'd all be buying $3000 PC's each year

Intel?

im in Canada
The 1060 i have coming in the mail cost me 450

i have 20x SLI 1080s coz i wanna play on my 600Hz 8K TV at ultra settings u wot poor?

>1060 cost me 450

The 1080 is only a few hundred $ more. You got KEKED

well at least you get to pay out the ass in taxes for healthcare. ;3

Not everyone is stuck with a 1080p/60hz monitor you know

lol enjoy 1080p m8

You're basically a consolecuck

You can sell it and just spend a bit more for a 1080, user.

I just got this but by MSI and for free
what CPU should I get guys?
building PC for first time

Shitpost on Cred Forums
This is apparently what PCfags do all day.

see

The very reason you keep using the word cuck is the very same as to why you wouldn't understand in the first place.

my little anons can't be this retarded

thanks for beta testing 1440p/4k for me though, I'll get into that in 2020 when it's actually popular and viable

enjoying spending out your bleached assholes for overpriced monitors/cards in the meantime

>poorfags.

Stick to consoles, bro.

GTA V on maxed out settings at 1080p cannot maintain 60fps if you have any form of Anti-Aliasing greater than FXAA enabled. Even on a 1080.

Get the i5 6600k.

If you want something even better, get the i7 6700k.

>Get the i5

Are you guys doing this on purpose?

Because a PC with "shitty parts" can still be way better than a console.

So although people in this thread are claiming that a 1060 is "shitty", it doesn't matter because that 1060 will get you far better graphics than a console will.

What, recommending the cheaper CPU that gives worse performance because although the i7 will make a difference, it's not a priority depending on your budget?

No?

i5s are very much bang for your buck. Literally no game needs the extra HP that an i7 would give you.

he's just baiting my man

u fucking wot

I know from personal experience this isn't true

>Spending 700+ dollars just for graphics
Ya know there is something that is called "real life" that has the best graphics money can buy

The i7 has substantially better stability and projected lifespan to the i5

But if its all you can afford in your budget either are better than anything AMD can do

wait 1 year to be cucked when the next GPU will support 4k 60fps

Hello VEE, am I a cuck?!

it won't though

>I'm still using an 8800gt

Jesus fucking christ m8

>no game needs stronger components

when will this stale, unfunny, untrue meme finally die for good?

He's right though. An i7 can significantly benefit you in some games, but it's still not needed yet. Most of your FPS gains will come from upgrading your GPU rather than your i5.

>i7 can significantly benefit you
>still absolutely no reason to buy one, just buy a shittier less powerful processor :^)

>buying evag supercucked

>still absolutely no reason to buy one
Nobody said that though.

>people are arguing about 700-900 dollar gpu

maybe I am a normie but I will rather go for a two week holiday from that kind of money

no joke i bought it from bestbuy too

mad?

I was thinking about upgrading my i5 6600k to an i7. I run a dual monitor setup would the i7 help alleviate some of the computational stress of running a dual monitor build?

>Literally no game needs the extra HP that an i7 would give you.
Can you please stop spreading false information?

holiday's suck
go out try new food
fuck your gf in a new place

that is literally the only two things to do on a trip man why waste all that money for that shit?

most games on the market right now use less than 20% of a 6700k at ultra settings
you can use that space power to stream, multi tab drift whatever you memesters get upto but they are supposed to be entry level workstation solutions

every gpu on the market will get killed by ultra settings above 1080p

EVGA supercucked is the only option you should go for if you buy nvidia, everything else is cancer trash.

>i5 6600k

just overclock dude, thats such a new chip you literally dont need too

im the cuck telling eveyone to buy an i7, and i can tell you, you dont need an i7 dude

what kinda GPU do you have? I guarantee thats going to affect your video speeds a lot more.

a CPU upgrade like that will bring you next to no significant increase

Depends.

It will help you if you're running more programs like flash videos solely because you have a second monitor (so you can watch shit while playing a game).

If you're not running more CPU-intensive stuff like that...well it won't.

i wouldnt waste the money. my i5 6600 works perfectly fine with all games and my two monitors

Got a budget of about £1600, i'm at £1800 right now, worth swapping this out with the 1080? Need to find some cheaper parts somewhere.

Dual monitors are handled by your GPU not CPU.

>1060

>not feeling happy for me
fuck you

>go out try new food
>fuck your gf in a new place

>implying I can't do that during a holiday

>666 MHz
Tell me how you did it, my satanic overlord

i run a 1060 6gb

On what game?
Like what actually utilizes this shit aside from modded Skyrim and some shitty shooters?
I bought a retardedly good PC a few years back and just got super bored with it.
Ended up playing more on consoles.
I am asking what games you play that actually make use of that gpu or if you're just throwing money away

My nigga. I literally just ordered that yesterday too. It arrives on Friday how are you liking it?

u sniffin pritt sticks bruv?
dont get a 1080 with next gen vram 3 months out

don't get meme'd user. gtx 1060 and rx 480 are both pretty good cards with the best "frames per dollar" ratio.

Why didnt you get 1080 instead tho?

>1333mhz ram
>1080p 60hz monitor with a 1070 and i7

what are you doing

also I hope those aren't idle temps

>1060

>AMD
>ever better than nvidia

AHAHAHAHAHA

Kinda need the new pc now user, second year of uni and my previous build didn't cut it last year.

>still have a gtx 660
>can still play my games on high settings
So when should I upgrade?
Because right now, im waiting till my computer craps out

The 1060 was free and I'm poor and can't afford anything

not the same guy but ram speed isn't as important as you think it is cuck

i had literally 4 different games open during that screenshot

honestly dunno why my ram is 666, its supposed to be 1600mhz guess i need to fix that oops.

>needing more than solid 60fps @ 1080p

nice meme

Also ITT dickheads who buy the latest flashy shit because reasons, and don't get that a card a 1/4 of the price will outperform it if it's crossfired/SLI'd.

Latest gen cards are a money making scheme you prats, and you're falling for it hook line and sinker. Nvidia overcharge so much they should be prosecuted for profiteering. 2xRx480 will blow a blow a single 1080 out of the water and it'll cost you half as much.

>nice meme

execpt you could get a solid 120 on most games with that build at 1080, but y'know, your inferior life is yours to live user.

god you're fucking dumb, DDR = DOUBLE DATA RATE

666 + 666 = ?

Would there be any problems using a miniATX motherboard for a 1070 build in a full tower? The full ATX boards are twice as expensive.

1332, should be 1600mhz

Looking to upgrade from a gtx 580. What do I get from the 1000 series?

speccy shows the "real" speed of your Double Data Rate. 666x2.

if your ram is 1600mhz, it should be 799/800.

You fucked up. You get Gears 4 free with 1070/1080.

>crossfired/SLI'd.

when will this meme die

no, speccy lies

speccy also says my video card is only 4GB

None, wait until the 11 series

ave a butchers on that 1070
lift ye self some special brew with the leftover lolly

It's close, but it will dip below 60fps at times if you turn on Anti-Aliasing. Especially when flying.

Then you're even thicker than I thought, it looks like you have bought 1333 ram or your clock speeds are under in the bios for some dumb cuck reason.

>I am poor

We get it user. Stop crying already.

>implying there are people who want to play that shit

Im happy with my zotac.

>I'm too retarded to sell bundle keys and get my card $30-$50 cheaper

You kids always crack me up.

Cheers user, have a good one.

its a bios setting

Reminder that if you buy AMD products, you're a poorfag and should probably kys.

>buy a gpu
>sell the key
>HEY GUYS MY GPU WAS CHEAPER THAN IN STORES

are you retarded?

What? Whip out your fucking phone and snap a pic of your bios settings.

no. u

FINE YOU FUCKING KEKS ILL SET THE CORRECT SPEED ON MY RAM, HOLY SHIT ONE SEC

>pcpartpicker.com/list/CDQZJV

R8/h8 my build, should be here within the next 4 days.

Reminder if you buy Nvidia products youre a retard with more money than sense

Here's the build so far, what would you change anons?

cuck/10

it is shit

That's actually exactly how it works, retard.

Reminder if you buy intel products youre supporting monopolies and are a faggot

looks good
im fuckin jelly of those prices

>I enjoy blacked.com

i'm jelly user. i hope everything goes well.

The 1070 brand, get an msi or gigakek

What is shit about it? Or is this just Cred Forums being Cred Forums?

>core i5

pretty much. see this dumb fuck

No need for an i7 unless you do video editing really.
Name one game that uses more than 4 cores

just prankin' looks good bro

i5 does just fine, the i7 is overpriced and only really better for video editing which I don't intend to get into.

Is the 6GB 1060 really bad? I can't really afford a 1070 so are there good alternatives in the 9XX line for roughly the same price?

Undertale easily

GTA V uses hyperthreading you cuck

Enjoy your bottleneck.

I have one and it plays everything perfectly. Anything more is only necessary for higher res and >60fps and futureproofing

1060 is fine. don't listen to those faggots

A 1060 has the performance level between a 970 and an 980.

If you're looking for a card in that range, then get it.

Any game made in the last 2 years.

What is a better option for a low power pc: gtx 1060 or rx 470?

Look more closely into the differences

i7 frame time is a flat line
youtube.com/watch?v=EhaB1dqYv_I
is that worth the extra? its your choice kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=SLs-sMteggg

>gaming ram
>Shit cooler
Other than that bretti good

Here comes the poorfags whiteknighting an obsolete card. This is what Cred Forums has become

i.gyazo.com/b5dc4eb9c55fa17521692d560bc6a132.png

6600k is like 0.1Mhz difference for an extra 20, so going with 6500k but just wanna ask, would I be fucking my shit up with this?

Pics or you're full of shit and fantasizing.

it's true though

@352432147

The benefit of the 6600k is that you can overclock it for more performance. But the 6500 is good too.

>tfw spent $1000 on a pc with gtx 970 and i7 4790k last year
>it's now obsolete
this is why i stick with my ps4

getting 30 fps in crowded areas in wow, so nope

I don't have a phone/camera

>high-end cards come out
>poorfags always claim it's shit and they're waiting for the superior line right around the corner

Every single time.

inb4 barney fag

>It's now Obsolete
In no way is it obsolete you retard, just turn down a couple settings off high you spoiled asshole

Same here senpai but I only play neptunia on it so no regrets.

How? I already bought 1070 was i too early?

>buying a midrange card 1 year after release

But it's not obsolete, you'll still get better performance playing on that PC.

>turning down settings
what the fuck is the point of PC gaming if you're not going full max settings?

So when can I expect the new nvidia gpus to be sold at their actual RRP?

>spent $1000 on it
>t-turn down settings

Oh you cucks amuse me so much

>playing max settings instead of glorious 4k in 10fps

Why do people say this? The parts don't become obsolete after a few years. Just turn your dam graphics settings down. I'm still running a gtx 780 and I can play everything just fine on high and ultra settings. It just depends on the game and how well it's optimized. Deus ex, nba 2k17 are good examples of shit optimization.
I bought another 780 for 160 bucks some months back but that's entirely dependent on if games support sli. Games like gta V allowed me to increase more settings and get even more frames with graphics mods.
I won't need to upgrade until I get a 4k screen. Even at 1440p I'm sure sli 780s will continue to perform. So maybe late 2017/2018 will I upgrade.

These just arrived and I placed them in my PC.

What now?

>WoW

That game is so badly optimized no hardware will save you

Yeah, promotion started today.

I don't think your fan is going to do much.

>>spent $1000 on it
You're an even bigger cuck for falling for the Pre-built meme.

Water cool them

Whoever actually bought that and uploaded the picture is a retard. Only a nigger would use two cards that aren't blower models in a case together. I hope he's enjoying everything running too hot and automatically scaling down.

Buy a fire insurance

Is there any chance customer support would hook me up? I literally just bought it and im kinda choked since i was planning to get gears

order some expanding foam to fill the case and block out the shit rgb

Masturbate, play Minesweeper, masturbate again, cry and kill yourself.

>pre-built
pcpartpicker.com/list/RxWGPs

>spend money on PC
>turn down settings anyway

Just play on console you beta male cuck

They're actually mine and they run cool.

See picture.

thanks for making me doubt myself constantly Cred Forums

i realized my ram was actually not 1600, and was 1866

thank you for making me constantly doubt myself and my life

Use speccy you cuck.

Talking about the guy here retard. And yes, people do spend thousands only for the parts to become obsolete quickly.

I think you're fine user. You'll get solid 60fps on at least high at 1080p for a long time. If that's what you wanted you done good. You're just experiencing the best of Cred Forums. Eventually you'll grow out of coming here

Yeah...running real cool, bro.

BRB, getting some water after looking at that.

>seagate 5900RPM HDD

You clearly hate yourself.

>76c

JELLY

consoles turn down settings by default so?

false flagging sonygger

>76°
>61°
wew

Sup nerd

Speccy doesn't recognize my 6850K and I wanted to show CPU and GPUs stressed at 100% load.

CPU and GPUs are all at 100% full load you goofs.

In most cases customer service will toss you one to stop you from returning something. Just say something like "so if I return my current card, I can just buy it again so I can get the game code" if they give you any fuss, has worked for me in the past.

but STRIX is the coolest my man

>windows 7
>ddr3
>assrock
>1080@60hz
lmao

Maybe cause many games dont scale with SLI or Crossfire? And you wasted your money for a dying meme.

Thanks user, everything else alright or should i change anything?

see

Doing just as well on 560. How's your moms credit card treating you champ?

Not really, I dont play games anymore.
My meme card is more than enough.

>corsair link

wtf is this shit

Who is this girl.

Old console games are better than new PC games, so I don't see the issue.

Emulator accuracy can be demanding, even if the games are old.

>Calls me cuck
>Expects someone to not call him a cuck back
t. Cuck

Define Obsolete.

Not them but literally nothing wrong with ddr 3. I stay away from 60 hz myself though

My gf

That guy is retarded but so are you for using the food memes meme.

Yea because I definitely need to have fucking MSAA at 8x on a 22 inch screen.
I'd rather have more frames and less dips.

I have a 280x, how do I get vulkan? do I just update my drivers or what?

MSi

>girl

That's a guy.

Is this nigga serious?

I want to bath in the blood of capitalist swines. And take their computer parts.

that's nonsense. You only need to upgrade the GPU as long as all your other components are decent. A good card will last 2-3 years before it's really worth upgrading

You should be keeping your card up to date. Other than that these should be options in each game

yes, are mantle/vulkan thing you need to install separately or are they integrated into the AMD drivers?

This is 80-100 FPS on GTX 1080 SLI. Isn't it sexy af?

if you have to ask you are likely too stupid to understand the answer but here goes.

play doom.

Hiro?

>beta resolutions
>beta framerates

W e W

What resolution?

gz youre gay

I hate you so much

>Define Obsolete.
Doesn't run games unless i have to turn down the settings

>higher resolution and pixel density
>this somehow means better framerates

literally the exact opposite

look at the numbers next to the filesize

>another Cred Forums pc gayman can't into xmp

And why is that, user? I love you.
Get more drives, you goober. I'm not gonna tell you again.

the screenshot resolution. it shows it right there fuckboy. 1.45mb, 3440x1440

>Wanting to play games without turning all settings off max
Why not a 980Ti then cuck? In all honesty you shouldn't need to turn down settings in almost all Dx 11 games.

>stuffs pc full of drives
>doesn't build a nas

stop telling other people to be as retarded as you.

Calm the fuck down. I'm a mobile fag and I'm fapping at the same time.

Don't make stupid questions, then you stupid piece of shit.

Look harder user.

Nigga I just spent a billion dollars on this setup and I'm broke. I don't need more SDD's right now but I will get two more 850 EVOs in the future.

Joke's on you, nerd.
I don't even know what that is.

user, how do you build or buy a cheap NAS?

what what is

Fuck you too, asshole, I'm not gonna be your maid.

It would be soul crushing to spend over $1,000 on GPUs and having to play a shit game on it.

Soul crushing.

pretty sure nas is a hiphopper

Shut the fuck up. What do you have up your ass? Why are you so fucking mad?

man it would be soul crushing to buy a ps4 and have literally nogames to play on it

soul crushing

>download freenas
>get that cheapo asrock mobo with like 12 sata ports
>get a cheap case with a shit ton of 3.5 bays
>don't cheap out on hdd and get wd reds or deskstars

leave

The fuck man. 1070 gets 4K60FPS all maxed

No matter what you pick Cred Forums will always hate
1060 is fine

>Sub-1m niggers at 3% populace versus 35m niggers at 12% populace in a country 30% smaller.
>You're like 50x more likely to see a nigger if you step outside in the US.

Small price to pay for freedom user

Thanks. Pretty helpful since most cases now only come with 2-3 3.5 bays.

I bought a GTX 950 almost a year ago and I can run every single game I need perfectly on my machine with zero problems.

How about you tell this fag to leave?

I can't afford it, I wasted my money on consoles, bae

>i5 is actually OK
>1060 is actually OK
>60 MHZ is actually OK
>amd can actually be OK

anything i miss?

>Nigger you best be joking.
>What is Windows Pisda and DX11
I see Cred Forums gets younger day by day.

LOL what are you going to do with that wiiU

See if you had spent that on an AMD card you could turn down tessellation.

Don't blame me for the fact that you're wasting your money on stupid, unnecessary shit.

I only play sm4sh on it. Period

Games are now considered artwork, it's not about maintaining constant frames or performance but viewing a set of pictures in the highest possible resolution and taking screencaps to show off to friends.

You quoted two different people. I haven't spent money on anything.

>viewing a set of pictures in the highest possible resolution and taking screencaps to show off to friends.
Maybe if you're a retard who plays shitty games

Games are art in the same sense as literature. There's nothing artistic about a shitty FPS or sandbox game that looks nice. Games that are art are RPGs, mainly JRPGs.

I'd just like to say that the 660 ti was great card
served me well
only recently upgraded for doom because I wanted it at max settings and high frames but the old one could still play it
RIP in peace 660 ti

>drive bays
just throw them in the case son aint no one gonna see it.

So disregarding you're porbably some faggot memer...
What was the point of getting a one gen old SSD at the price of a new one with twice its capacity?

agreed

id be more specific but at work, sorry user. also go with an SOC mobo for low power consumption and passive cooling since it will be on 24/7. also, if you can afford it and it's something youd like, get a good one so you can setup a plex media server for transcoding then setup rasplex on an odroid c2 so you can stream all your media to your tv straight from your nas.

>1070s in stock
This picture isn't accurate.

i think you might be retarded for missing the point this hard user.

>just throw them in the case son
that's actually what i meant. are the internal drive bays called something other than drive bays? i understand the confusion.

lol no I didn't mean it sarcastically. I have the fractal define s and it only has 3 3.5 bays. Already have 6tbs of storage in it. I think having a NAS would be worth it. Just worried about the power draw and how to set it up specifically. Thanks for the info though.

well best i can tell you is look at supermicro mini itx boards. stuffed 6 wd 3tb drives into a fractal design node 304 and a seasonic something power supply. all in all my build was something like 1200 dollars but i really picked the best hardware i wanted and cut no corners. the processor can transcode 4 1080p streams simultaneously.

supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Atom/X10/A1SAi-2750F.cfm

is my motherboard/processor

Did you know the 660 ti had the same split ram config that the 970 had?

Not many people knew, why? Because it never affected performance, just like it never affected 970 performance.

>DX11
What, that thing that everyone adopted over OpenGL, just as how everyone is gonna adopt DX12 over Vulkan? Yeah, what about it?

this thread is retarded as hell. 1060 and rx 480 is the new standard that devs are making games for. should be good for the next 3-4 years OP for the majority of games.

Which is why you should buy a 490 or 1070 to max textures at least for the next 4 years.

>1060 and rx 480 is the new standard that devs are making games for

Dumbest thing I've read all day.

bf1 specs are for exactly that, its a brand new game. you are retarded.

that's because GTA V is a CPU-intensive game retards

hmm, whats the resolution?

new ps4 pro specs are for a 480. all new games and devs are making for will be for the 480 and 1060.

Ha, no.

My 470 finally fried so I went for the 1060.

I'm gonna enjoy it and not listen to a shit the assholes in this thread says and so should you.

Preeetty sure that's from Joshiraku

are you new to PC? theres always something bigger bettter and faster coming out a year later. the key is to find what ones will be the industry standard like how the PS4 Pro is a RX 480, BF1 is developed for a 1060, etc. anything more is for extra bells and whistles with diminishing returns, anything less probably just means you run a few things on very high, instead of ultra.

its not really a big deal, Cred Forums is just autistic.

>WoW

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

>one company recommends x card

Literally means nothing. Microsoft recommends 1080 for the ideal Gears 4 experience. Guess you just bought an outdated piece of shit because now 'devs are building games for 1080s'

>consoles

Completely meaningless.

Wanna see something funny?

to run gears 4 on ultra, all youll need is a i5 and rx 480

yes consoles, you know the platform that 90% of games are made for? that. go ahead and spend $300 more so you can run shadows on max though.

It's the worst fucking time to upgrade your cpu LMAO. Holy fuck I can't believe someone would post this shit. And HE FUCKIGN RECOMMENDS HASWELL HAHAHA WHEN A FUCKING I7-6700K GOES ON SALE FOR 290-300 EVERY WEEK and when zen will finally at least make intel drop a few bucks off their cpus and when kaby lake is like 3 months away.

How are you getting that score with those specs when I only get 4302 with an i7 4790k and gtx 1070?

>implying I'm a 30fps graphixx consolekiddo

top kek m8

We'll cpu doesn't matter too much between an i5 and i7. Amd is irrelevant(my 8320 bottlenecked a lot).
If it matters, I overclocked the 4690k to 4.6ghz which really only increases mins and max and keeps frames a bit higher. The only overclock I have is on the second card. Both cards are evga but one of them is "superclocked" out of the box. Just added a few mhz on the core to have them synced.
Uh other than that, maybe because 2 gtx 780s perform better than a 1070. Of course, that all depends on SLI scaling. Some games don't have SLI and some don't even give you that many more fps when using 2 cards.

I'm sure your system will perform a bit better in cpu intensive games and in games that have poor or no SLI capabilities.

Pic is before and after the cpu overclock.