Yakuza thread

Check this out for all your burning questions.

pastebin.com/1Me0aXRp

Yakuza 6 - TGS 2016 Extended Story Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=eKcTyBtbNgo

Yakuza 6 - TGS 2016 Extended Playspots Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=Bx-cFyf7XdY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TuqPiPdxslk
youtube.com/watch?v=rbnv4GE4XZk
youtube.com/watch?v=g7yapLnAblo
youtube.com/watch?v=6CIboBRoQb4
youtube.com/watch?v=OWoYxtw8490
youtube.com/watch?v=JA5H7LsWYRg
youtube.com/watch?v=lNXWoddzBYk
youtube.com/watch?v=UONHPUcJsV0
youtube.com/watch?v=kxFTE3iGkiA
youtube.com/watch?v=lR7OahhCVx8
youtube.com/watch?v=0GoeKzH8zQg
youtube.com/watch?v=zD5bUjnim58
youtube.com/watch?v=bY1Kkx59dFY
youtube.com/watch?v=gASZay98w3g
youtube.com/watch?v=pONkmj4trhE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ty3BK6IUxuU
youtube.com/watch?v=FuD9p09gsgw&index=19&list=PL6tEKS4ytBEODLt8jwaaPjDU2yx_qEDIu
youtube.com/watch?v=YEwiiT3bUV4(Yakuza
youtube.com/watch?v=mnpEVitf-gM
youtube.com/watch?v=SpNz-xx_sCo
youtube.com/watch?v=PgKmSixrrMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=axmiyBuFdVo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

6 just might be worth learning nip for. Everything looks great. Hell, Ishin is worth learning nip for. That game was great.

Guess what? Daigo has fucked up again.

fucking lel, we're gonna have to bail him out for the billionth time

>dat main theme

i feels it

And just when I thought they were gonna go somewhere with the story. Then again, it was kinda weird not seeing Daigo anywhere in the trailers.

Daigo was a mistake.

Hopefully Kiryu can beat his ass again for the third time.

Why god why must the writers still shoehorn Daigo in there, fuck man. No wonder that old looking fuck was looking all pompous since that's Sugai acting as temp chairman.

FUCKING DAIGO AGAIN

This is what happens when you take a street punk and make him the chairman of the Tojo clan.

I really, REALLY hope the scene of Kitano aiming a gun is revealed to be him aiming at Daigo and killing him

>I really, REALLY hope the scene of Kitano throwing the baby is revealed to be him aiming at Daigo and killing him

that works too kek

I'm excited as fuck that they revamped almost every single minigame for 6. It's a breath of fresh air. I know they did it for 5 with the MCs getting their own exclusive minigame, but it feels good to get some more minigames.

That baseball one looks to be addicting as fuck. Might be one of my favorites alongside that Sodachi Dojo thing you did with Saejima in 4.

Damn. 11 years of these games...

Kuze's VA is a certified badass. I just love how the actors get into the part for 0.

youtube.com/watch?v=rbnv4GE4XZk

It's been a great ride. I hope the series continues with Akiyama or Majima. I don't really want a brand new protagonist.

Same. Kiryu has been great. They really took a leap of faith and it has paid dividends for them and the fans. Akiyama or Saejima is a good choice, yet I do like Akiyama as a supporting character. He is god-tier wingman material.

Day One Import

Akiyama is a huge fan favorite, I'd be fine with him taking over. I'd prefer they keep it as a multi-protagonist game if they can though. Having at least 2 guys makes the game feel a lot better to play.
>Saejima
No thanks, don't feel like playing break out of jail simulator for the 3rd time.

Fucking knew he'd fuck up somehow.

I can't wait to play this. I've spent over 100 hours in every game. 1 was painful to fully complete though.

"Dojima Daigo was a mistake"

BRUH

i'm excited for hiroshima

What are the odds of 6 being localized? How did 5 turn out in the west for sales?

they can localise it after five years of its release as always

youtube.com/watch?v=g7yapLnAblo
Still not warming up to the Heat Mode thing but the game looks like it'll be pretty fun.

Why don't they ever bring his mother back to take temporary control over the clan like what happened earlier in the series?

100% since they haven't skipped a mainline Yakuza game yet. The question is when.

Why? That's not the case with 0

Likely, it will take about 2-3 years, like 0. Might be even sooner if 0 gets some more sales.

>playing 6's demo right now
Fighting feels a bit off but also satisfying as fuck when landing hits. The Heat effect particles look amazing. Shame about the fps drops tho.

5 years is an exaggeration but zeros localisaton is still late

At this point if 0 doesn't sell well we could truly see the last of the yakuza localizations. They've already gone out on a limb, if it doesn't meet what they want then they can easily shut it down.

That being said I think 6 has a moderately decent chance of being greenlit because its a numbered sequel on current gen tech, rather than 0's sidestory/prequel.
Don't be naive, it took literal years of fan outcry to get 5 and 0 in the west, nothing is certain beyond that. Saying "we got them all anyway" is woefully optimistic when it was such a hard fight to get the last few. Remember that if Sony didn't foot the bill and play to peoples hearts we wouldn't have gotten either of them. With them footing the bill, that's it. If it isn't up to snuff they are done.

Yeah. I'm probably buying 3 copies of 0 to give to my close friends.

Kiryu & Haruka getting the happy ending they deserve but probably won't get and then moving onto protag Akiyama would be cool.

They've really gotta revamp his moveset a bit though, I feel, in 5 it felt really weak compared to everyone elses at the endgame. They should incorporate some of Zero Kiryu's boxer style and Zero Majime's dancer style into it maybe (+ a general damage buff)

Well atleast the inevitable boss fight with him should be fun, I guess.

>I'd be fine with him taking over

I wouldn't. His fighting style is fucking boring.

>those movie recs and city pop section in the pastebin

nice

Then they can go back to multiple protagonists just as long as they don't try to shoehorn a brand new protagonist into the series.

why the fuck is this thread auto-sage'ing?

let's make a yakuza general in /vg/

Is it?

Oh shit is is. What the fuck mods?

Nevermind it isn't. Don't scare me like that user.

White haired dude has final boss written all over him.

Kiryu's already seen fighting him in one of the trailers, don't think it'll be him.

THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK

>Huge threads about Cred Forums changes
>80% of it is people wanting e-celebs off the board
>Mods prune threads on the first day
>Now its back to the same ol lazy shit as before letting them run rampant.
What a joke

That's what we all though about Aizawa m8.

>all that buildup to a Morinaga fight
>nope the final boss is Aizawa, despite having been a total chump all game. Morinaga really did just die offscreen or something lol

What? So an actual game thread gets auto saged? Bump attempt.

I-I think we're good again.

No false alarm. Or maybe it was on auto-sage for like a few minutes but I doubt it.

The final boss will be a Karaoke competition against Kitano.

>let's make a yakuza general in /vg/
Nah nigga.
There isn't enough game to talk about.
Just let it be a once in a while thread.

>There isn't enough game to talk about.

That doesn't stop all the shitty threads on /vg/ from thriving. Then again, I doubt anyone here would want any of the autistic roleplaying, tripfag drama and furfaggotry that goes on in /vg/ in a Yakuza thread. It's best to keep these threads light hearted and comfy like they usually are.

I cannot wait to punch a fucking shark while diving with the baby.

Kuze best rival

You can't make this shit up lel

youtube.com/watch?v=6CIboBRoQb4

Why is Kiwami's soundtrack so disappointing compared to the original? It's more disappointing with how some tracks like Scarlet Scar are handled.

I don't know about that. There's more games to talk about than most threads devoted to a single series on /vg/. Then again this guy brings up a good point.

Let me guess, the couple at 10:59 are Haruto's real parents?

Kiwami's soundtrack was such a let down wasn't it? 0 also seems like it's not as good, since there are a lot of forgettable songs in there along with a couple of really good ones. I don't know, maybe Ishin's soundtrack just spoiled me. Hopefully they'll get their shit together for 6.

Good catch. The girl looked like the mama-san that tends the bar in Hiroshima

A couple I like better than the original like

youtube.com/watch?v=OWoYxtw8490

But I agree they probably should have gotten rid of the techno in the ost and made a more HQ version of 1's OST since that ost had God Tier sounds mixed in

also how do we go from
youtube.com/watch?v=JA5H7LsWYRg

to

youtube.com/watch?v=lNXWoddzBYk

>pic related

That first Kiwami song you picked was the only one I remember liking. Everything else was just very disappointing.

I think it is her. Kiyomi, right? She's pretty qt.

>haruka's child

I-its not her biological kid right?

She could be a relative, but both the man and woman look like Haruto. Especially the guy if you look at the eyes.

Yes it is, Saejima is the father.

Probably not. I just think it's a red herring.
Yeah. Her VA/model is cute too. Youko Maki. And surprisingly stacked if you google image search her. Well, not like STACKED stacked, but I was surprised.

No.

But by the end Kiryu and Haruka will raise the baby together as his parents.

shit you're right

niiiiice

Mack is the father
he has pictures

I've seen half nigger half asian babies and they look more nigger than asian. That baby is definitely full nip.

If Kiryu has to die in 6, how would you want his death to go down?

1. Sudden and shocking:steps out of elevator gets shot in the head, player is left in shock, or gets shot from behind at some point when no one is expecting it.

2.One man army: fights his away through a huge army of armed thugs, gets shot, stabbed and beaten multiple times in the process, but takes down a bunch of people with him. Eventually bleeds out from his wounds or gives up his life in a heroic sacrifice sort of way.

3. Offscreen death: Story ends with Kiryu's death either never being confirmed or it ends in a way that the player knows that he doesn't have long to live (think MGS4).

I think 2 seems like the only appropriate one, I wouldn't want it any other way. What does everyone else think?

Forced to fight beloved character to the death example Majima.
You have to actually win the fight you pussy.
Cutscene has Kiryu collapsing to wounds.
Character controls swaps to Majima in a long battle to let you get used to Muhjima before fighting the big bad.

Hey, not bad. I could see that working pretty well with making the player actually have to kill Kiryu themselves. It would make for one hell of a boss fight too. Would be kind of hard to beat him with all the tears in my eyes though.

2. For the hype and gameplay sections.
Credits roll.
Akiyama in a relaxed environment some time later. Opens letter with a postcard and a photo in it.
It's Haruka and Kiryu in Paris. And they never come back.

In the next game Kiryu is in prison because the developers can't still let him go

>Dying to wounds at the end after big finale fight
>Theme starts playing
>Surrounded by all the important characters
>Credits
>Scene afterwards of Haruka visiting Kiryu's grave and telling him what everybody is doing now.
>Kiryu bursts from the ground! "Dead Souls 2: Zombie of the Dragon"

That would actually be pretty funny and they definitely have the balls to pull something like that.

>And they never come back.

As your spoiler pointed out, this would be the worst of all. We know that with him still being alive, the devs couldn't resist bringing him back for another game. I was able to tolerate this sort of thing in 3 and 5, but if they pull this again, I just wont care about Kiryu's fate anymore. If this is really the end of Kiryu's story, then he either needs to die, or he has to end up in a way that's impossible for him to take part in any future games (ends up a cripple, or a huge time skip where he's an old man being taken care of by Haruka and her children).

This would make for a great alternate joke ending, and an awesome way to announce Dead Souls 2 being in development.

Going nuclear on the Tojo and destroying it and himself forever. Anything less would be disappointing at this point.

>kiryu went to jail again because we needed an excuse for a time skip
>daigo fucked up again because we can't think of any other plot devices to use
Why did the Yakuza 1/2 writer not write the rest of the series?

I think he went off to write some books or something like that, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

No that sounds about right. From what I remember hearing the writer for 1 and 2 was originally a novelist anyway.

Why is Kiryu-chan in jail again?

Can we remove the retarded MMO health bars over the enemy heads? It really breaks the immersion of the cool city atmosphere.
And what was wrong with the old style, health bars at the right down corner?

public damage caused during 5 or some dumb nonsense

I wonder if his books are worth reading? Then again, I doubt they've been translated for us gaijin.

Anyone know any good books about the yakuza? I feel like I've seen all the "must see" yakuza films already.

>public damage

Wait what?

destruction of property and stuff like that

Suppose I want to play Yakuza games but I do not have a ps3.

Shall I start with the ps2 titles? Do they hold up?

1 doesn't hold up that well unfortunately (you should still play it anyway), 2 does though, and is one of the best games in the series imo.

Read the pastebin. 2 is still one kf the best in the series

The subtitle is something along the lines of the "Song of Life"?

Sounds penultimate.

Yeah, "Song of Life.". They made a point to emphasize the fullstop to signify that this is the end, which seems a bit silly to me but whatever.

I wonder if we'll hear any of those words repeated multiple times throughout the game? Like a certain other word that wont be mentioned.

YUME

Yep.

龍が如く6 命の詩 is literally translated as Like a Dragon 6: Song/Poetry of Life.

Main theme is feels core as well.

>We've been on this journey together... but the wind's direction has changed... and you are slowly drifting past me...

I just finished Part 3 of Yakuza 5
>tfw Park's husband
For once, those retarded writes finally managed to surprise me for once. that didn't involved people fucking dying like some faggots.

Who knew, right?

In other news, this series has given a lot to its fans. It's continually grown in scope and production values. While we may not agree on how ridiculous the story has gotten since 3, the growth and relationships with long-standing characters throughout the series is really something to behold, not to mention the great gameplay improvements with each installment. It remains to be seen how 6 feels in terms of combat, though.

Fuck man, 11 years with Kiryu and the gang. Even the orphans at Sunshine are all grown up now in 6...

>tfw there's no way in hell this will get localized with the camgirls intact.

We got 0 with the OVA of the the hostess girls.
There is still a possibility.

>Taichi all grown up
>Mitsuo all grown up
>Haruka looks like an adult now
>All the girls aren't little brats anymore, they're teenage brats

...the fact that each game takes place in the same time as when it was released is almost unsettling.

Come on now, we got 0 fully intact with no cuts whatsoever. You literally collect telephone cards with JAV stars on them and can watch short gravure vids of over 30 JAV stars.

We've aged along with them

Imagine what our lives might be like when Yakuza 10 comes out?

I like how Haruka got hit by a car and she has no visible bruises/lacerations whatsoever. Then again, she was wearing a gown and covered with a blanket.

Wait, Kiryu is in jail again?

At the end of Yakuza 1 its said that if Kiryu goes to jail again he would be in there forever. Then again that was probably because of the millenium tower explosion.

>We've aged along with them

It's one of the best and slightly unsettling feelings I've ever gotten from a series. We've grown to appreciate each game's faults and strengths while looking forward to the next one with great anticipation.

>Yakuza 10

Man. I'll probably be in my late 40s. Hopefully I won't end up a useless sack of shit by then.

I still can't believe they got Kitano for this game.

Did he even know what he was signing up for with a series that featured the MC fighting tigers, rubber bullets, an eternal jobber, Wesker being the head of a secret arms dealer organization, and a damn baby being a component of the MC's final chapter?

Whatever. I'm still hyped that he's in 6. The guy's a legend.

Controversial opinion but none of the Yakuza games have good soundtracks. It's just a lot of shitty nu-metal and wubstep.

I'll be somewhere in my 40s too, scary. I guess these games really do attract a lot of STUPID OLD FUCKS.

>playspots trailer
>8:32

CHEK IT OUT

Probably not but she'll be raising him by the end when his mother/parents die.

Do either of these songs sound like wubstep and shitty nu metal to you?

youtube.com/watch?v=UONHPUcJsV0

youtube.com/watch?v=kxFTE3iGkiA

Damn man. 2 and 3's OST was pretty great.

youtube.com/watch?v=lR7OahhCVx8
youtube.com/watch?v=0GoeKzH8zQg

Some a few threads ago were suprised because of pic related thin king he condems video games.

All the quote says though is he doesnt shoot his movies like action video games, not that he hates them.

One of the best final boss themes in all of vidya for me. I stand by it. Although Fly is godlike too, but Mine never really had the same pull as Ryuji.

OH ROUUUUUUUUGE OF LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

youtube.com/watch?v=zD5bUjnim58

Is this a good start for someone new to the series? I have read this is the prequel of the first Yakuza game.

Are you retarded?
youtube.com/watch?v=bY1Kkx59dFY
youtube.com/watch?v=gASZay98w3g
youtube.com/watch?v=pONkmj4trhE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ty3BK6IUxuU
youtube.com/watch?v=FuD9p09gsgw&index=19&list=PL6tEKS4ytBEODLt8jwaaPjDU2yx_qEDIu
youtube.com/watch?v=YEwiiT3bUV4(Yakuza zero does it right)

Only kiwami's sucked really. I havent played the samarai games though.

I think people thinking that he "hates video games" mostly comes from Takeshi's Challenge, since if I remember correctly, the marketing for that game described it as "made by a man that hates video games".

I think Kitano is just a master troll, and likes to mess around with "gamers".

I BELIEVE IN YOU

This song is my alarm

youtube.com/watch?v=mnpEVitf-gM
Nope. Not 6. 0 is the prequel you're looking for.

Oh yeah baby, 0's OST is hype as shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=SpNz-xx_sCo
youtube.com/watch?v=PgKmSixrrMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=axmiyBuFdVo

>we can take care of fucking cats, deep sea dive, manage a baseball team, play VF5, and lift and eat to get stronger/healthier

fuck the baby and the story, just leave it to the mama-san and let me roleplay as a comfy middle-aged man living out his days in hiroshima, damn

I'm using nothing but Majima's Dancer style for that music alone

Also,
>YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah, dancer style is my favorite theme in the game

Buying another copy on release for the West. This series legitimately needs all the help it can get. I need 6 badly. I'll wait for it, however long it takes.

Sugiuchi's actor is that one "my dick" guy from that one Takashi Miike movie right?

Kakihara in a Yakuza game when?

They hold up great in terms of being fun games, though the same can't be said of the dub for the first game. Plus the first game is so important for all the games following it and lays out the framework that the sequels would improve upon

This series looks pretty shitty. It should also have been on PC by now. When?

Yeah. Kenichi Endo.

@352452603
>When?

When Japan plays more PC games

>This series looks pretty shitty.
Opinion discarded.

Do you even know what fun is faggot?

I know this guy. He's a famous actor in Japan right? Especially when it comes to mafia movies in there.

>I think it looks bad, when am I allowed to play it?

Why would you want these "shitty" games polluting your precious PC library then? I'm sure you already have all those "great" indie and F2P games to keep you busy.

Are you serious?

No really, is this true?

No fucking wonder he's so disrespected.

Yeah, he's in the Dead or Alive movie as a hitman. Hitoshi Ozawa. He's done a lot of V-cinema yakuza movies.

I'm just glad Akiyama is in 6 as a supporting character. That guy is awesome.

Should they try to improve the gunplay for 6? Or would that risk turning the game into a generic third person shooter?

It's kind of odd how Dead Souls gave you so much freedom in where you could aim, but then all the later games went back to the classic auto lock on "just mash the button" shooting style. I think being able to target enemy limbs could lead to some fun combat scenarios.