Will smash for nx have more nintendo villain all-stars in the roster one day?

will smash for nx have more nintendo villain all-stars in the roster one day?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamnesia.com/news/sakurai-says-he-does-think-hell-make-another-smash-bros-game
gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-has-trademarked-the-name-king-k.-rool
nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/microsoft_execs_thought_they_owned_donkey_kong_after_acquiring_rare
mashable.com/2014/11/25/super-smash-bros-sakurai-interview/
youtube.com/watch?v=9vHoe2LAkOI
youtube.com/watch?v=DdzEaXFaAIM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But Spiro isn't a villain...

Quit shilling your shit here, Sean.

Also yes, i want my big boy Pig Ganon, medusa, and sylux in the game too.

Is this a Never-Ever thread? Because it looks like a Never-Ever thread.

Sakurai is a hack

He'll put in some awful nu-FE villain instead and wank off at "Shadow" Pit over Medusa in Sma5h

I wanted shovel knight...

Fun fact: anyone who's ever accomplished anything is a hack because some failure on Cred Forums thinks he could do better besides having no valid reason to believe so.

How's that amiibo treating you?

>ridley
Lol

>Sylux
Piss off to smashboards/sourcegaming, Liquid.

Delusional shit

>have you ever made a game

Maybe? Smash 4 was kinda scrapping for 1st party characters. Villager and Miis were probably the only truly major additions. MAYBE you could argue Rosalina and Lil Mac.

But after that, its a lot of literally who's, as much as I genuinely enjoyed them.

Ridley & K Rool are pretty much the only Nintendo characters that non-nintendo gamers know left. With each new game, Ridley definitely gets closer to reality. He had his own stock in the latest one for fucks sake.

So who knows.

>STILL being mad about FE in Smash

How's your K. Rool costume?

probably not if sakurai's in charge

>sylux is 3 games+ relevant and now more important than recolor samus with phazon
>fucking ridley still manage to gain some reappearances in other media

>he's still gripping on the vaati of metroid, even that fucker couldnt join hyrule warrior for implied/complicated reasons
>even sakurai think she better off being a unintended last minute extra like Dark Pit was (pic related)

>if Sakurai's in charge
>if

By the time Sakurai is dead no one will even remember Ridley exists.

Dark Samus was planned to be a clone?

It feels fucking good sakurai wont be involved in the next smash

gamnesia.com/news/sakurai-says-he-does-think-hell-make-another-smash-bros-game
>inb4 sakuraidrones cry "h-he said that just to work on the game like it was his last one!!
Hahaha

Make smash great again bamco

>Hahaha

You have to be 18+ to post here

She wouldve if sakurai was in his "manhours" again for another doppel-esque character

salt

Not if fags still keep cry muh ridleyfag bogeyman again

>u-underage!
Could you anymore insecure, sakuraicuck?

Dante won death battle, sarah palin

>cuck
See

>sakurai dies/ quits Smash
>new game comes out
>still no Ridley playable

Fans would be cursing Sakurai in his grave.

Whats really funny is the fans claiming Ridley can be scaled down to be playable are mostly the same fans wanting Ganondorf to become Ganon.

Salt

It's going to be nice to see the difference in Sakurai and another studio's version.

Will they make it more like Melee? Continue the Sakurai path to make it more "everyone" friendly?

What kind of newcomers would they bring?

It will be very interesting to watch. Might turn out shit, might turn out great.

>defending falcondorf
Either just add a second ganon in the roster or just add some more damn source material into his moveset

Pepper

You have to consider that a new director might not get the same amount of creative freedom that Sakurai had as a director.

Notice I didn't actually defend Falcondorf whatsoever in my post.

If wavedash games' platform fighter end up really good like pm, 64, and melee (and outclassing tr4sh's middle ground gameplay) i would love for them to be hired to do a smash game

Right now, Kidd the SPACE goat looks like some sort of awful meleefag pandering with overwatch trashe along with it

>falcondorf
>HURR THEY SHARE 3 B MOVES SO HES A CLONE

salt

salt

salt

salt

>Smash NX
Won't happen for another five years at least.

Wew

>HURR MUH WAVEHACKING

kys, beeyotch

Sure thing armchair dev

Would you mind telling us about the NX? you seem to know alot about nintendo

You seriously think they'd build a new Smash from the ground up for NX? In all likelihood they're already working on a port.

Bidou is a glitch
Wavedash is a feature

>be completely ignorant
>insult others because you don't understand Japanese corporate culture

Salt

He said " might not ". That's a fair assumption.

>One of Nintendo's most profitable and beloved franchises
>only 2 characters, not even Dixie is playable
>DKC3 has sold more than the entire Fire Emblem franchises combined but FE gets 6 reps

This is objectively bullshit and you all know it

Salt

>if you dont defend sakurai like god almighty youre ignorant
Lol

Aside from clones, which are pretty much worthless and just pad the roster for little effort (by Sakurai's own admission), what would another DK character bring to the cable? Besides maybe mad scientist Cranky, which would be weird? They'd all be clones of DK or Diddy but with longer arms or a ponytail attack.

>what would another DK character bring to the cable?
How about a floaty Dixie Kong who specializes in air attacks? Sounds better than a dozen more anime swordsmen to me.

Just because they're both monkeys doesn't mean they have to have the same moveset.

That dude doing project ganondorf is very dedicated, but he still seems too OP.

I feel ya

>you will never shoot cannons at hoohah as krool

Dixie would at most be the Luigi to Diddy's Mario.

Nintendo can't use K. Rool in Smash.

>Smash NX is announced at E3 201X
>And now, for a new character announcement.
>It's a character that's been highly demanded
>A perfect representative for indie games
>Reimu joins the fight!

>
To be fair, Lucina was a glorified alt. costume, and 3 unique FE reps isn't too bad. The DLC pushed it too far, though but Corrin is a really fun character..

>Dixie would at most be the Luigi to Diddy's Mario
That's better than having 4 Marths, 2 Shulks, 2 Marios and 2 Pits.

>Sakurai always complains about how hard it is to do Smash
>Can't stop congratulating himself over what a hard worker he is for this thankless job where he is the celebrity figurehead for a multibillion dollar franchise while programmers toil away for months on end and only get their names in the credits that no one reads
>Comes back every time because his ego makes him believe no one else can spearhead Smash Bros
>He has detractors but his dicksuckers have grown and grown over the past eight years
Who can stop him?

>what would another DK character bring to the cable?
Nah-uh

I know what youre gonna do sakuraidrone

Youre gonna automatically dismiss the moveset potiental and point to another fighter that holds the similiar piece of the source/smash material.

>dixie's up+b would work like dk's up+b! Sorry not eligible to my interests ;-)

I could even countersuggest a character that holds this kind of dillemma

Greninja and cloud are the worse offenders

Fuck off microsoft employee, got your asses fooled when you nogs thought buying rare means you got the DKC IP

You replied to the wrong guy

>4 Marths
You can't be this dumb.

>2 Shulks
U wot m90

>2 Marios and 2 Pits
The clones are just costume swaps that cost no development time. If they didn't exist, it wouldn't mean a character like Dixie would exist.

>You can't be this dumb.
I was just memeing but honestly the only 3 FE characters we needed were Marth, Ike and Robin. Lucina was a waste of time and Roy was a rehash.

>U wot m90
Shulk and Cloud. 1 gimmick swordfighter with cuhrazy powers is enough.

>Clones
I'd rather have none that just bullshit pallette swaps to pad out the roster. There's no earthly reason that Dark Pit, Dr. Mario and Lucina needed to have their own slots.

>If they didn't exist, it wouldn't mean a character like Dixie would exist.
If Sakurai didn't spend his time making stupid characters that nobody asked for like Corrin or Palutena or rehashing characters cut from Brawl and Melee, he would have had time to make Dixie Kong, and other better characters.

Once again, in no way was my post defending Sakurai, just pointing out your own ignorance.

>Dixie would at most be the Luigi to Diddy's Mario.
And if we got that instead of Corrin, or with Corrin and Bayonetta, I'd still have the game in my collection.

>If Sakurai didn't spend his time making stupid characters that nobody asked for like Corrin or Palutena or rehashing characters cut from Brawl and Melee, he would have had time to make Dixie Kong, and other better characters.
Add on to your point, if the dessert took no time to make, why only add three?

>Nobody asked for Palutena

Fuck of though.

>two Links
>two Zeldas

No excuse for not having Ganon in the game alongside Falconondorf but you know Sakurai would rather have Toon Zelda.

Well, he already has Toon Zelda's Phantom.

>Toon Zelda
KT already did that for me, I have literally no more reasons to follow Smash. I gave up on K. Rool ages ago. She almost got in Brawl.

>Nintendo can't use K. Rool in Smash.
WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS FOR 1,000,000 TIMES, EVEN nu-RARE CLARIFIED THIS ON THEIR TWITTER

1. HE'S NOT OWNED BY MICROSOFT VIA RARE LTD
2. SM4SH'S CREDITS OR THE MII COSTUME VIDEOS DON'T EVEN HAVE M$/RARE LTD. LISTED FOR ANYTHING DESIGNED BY RARE EVEN K. ROOL
3. NOT SO LONG AGO, NINTENDO RENEWED K. ROOL'S TRADEMARK. MANY PEOPLE THOUGHT THIS MEANS K. ROOL WON THE BALLOT OR DIDDY KONG RACING 2
gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-has-trademarked-the-name-king-k.-rool

EVEN MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES LITERALLY THOUGHT BUYING RARE MEANS THEY OWN THE DK IP
nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/microsoft_execs_thought_they_owned_donkey_kong_after_acquiring_rare

see

what chu grinning about, senpai?

>that left bottom
oh i get

the PSA is running under Ike and Lucario

E-Every th-thread...

They should change Giga Bowser into regular Giant Bowser instead.

Wasn't Sakurai the one who was against the excessive Fire Emblem characters?

t. miyamoto

Supposedly. Nintendo's been pushing FE for a while now, not surprising that they meddled with things.

Never said there can't be two Ganons, user. Why are you projecting so hard?

Fixed.

people can't stop injecting "muh canons" in a fucking spinoff

just like in Hyrule Warriors

even that, FSA Ganon is the only reincarnated Ganon though

also, the Calamity Ganon comes in mind

I'd gladly pay another $60 for Smash NX if the ONLY difference was the addition of Wonder Ones

Same here. I'd buy the NX day one if this was the case.

>what is grabbing a super mushroom

They should have removed that concept altogether and replaced it with Goomba Storm from Bowser's Inside Story.

>Smash 4
>still no Bowser's Castle stage

Project M has you covered.

Don't like the NSMBU version? :^)

Fans have it all covered.

What's with the obsession revolving around villains anyway? Nintendo doesn't have many noteworthy villain characters, at least not many that feel deserving of being in Smash.

The only ones that really make sense would be K. Rool (who's quickly grown almost completely irrelevant) and Ganon (who's technically already represented in the game in another form)

Ridley's already been ruled out, even if it was for dumbfuck reasons. Nearly every other Nintendo villain is irrelevant or unpopular or just some one-off fucker who never shows up anymore.

I would settle for a trophy.

>buggy, ugly trash like just like every Brawl moveset mod
Lmao, pass

>that brutal drag-grab

>posting a webm of the inferior mod
>not the newest classic ridley one

Proof of concept nignog

Still miles better than cuckarai has done with clone ridley on the pyrosphere stage, especially the rushed af texture mapping modders discovered while tinkering with sm4sh data files

FAIR AND BALANCED

>So fucking many Mario stages
>Most of them are grassy fields and/or transforming stages

Only Corrin. He wanted someone from a different game that could be used for promotional purposes, but his staff talked him into putting Corrin in.

You say that while we have some boneheaded choices in the roster already. Without villains there are no heroes, and you not liking/knowing about them doesn't mean they're obscure or universally reviled.

If Ridley if ever a character in Smash, he has to be the most brutal motherfucker in the game.

'Muh Villains' is just another product of the Smashboards echo chamber that continuously spews out the same outdated opinions.

Sakurai's reasoning is that everyone knows the World 1-1 of all the series, so he'll make stages that are familiar to everyone. That's why every DK stage is a jungle, every Mario stage is the first area of a game, every Metroid stage is generic lava, every Sonic stage is Green Hill, etc.

>Nintendo doesn't have many villain characters *i like deserving of being in Smash.
Fixed

Gonna anymore mindgames to throw around while giving other supporters scotfree to keep on the run?

Youre not any better than that fag playing "daddy sakurai" on people wanting more dk characters in the roster

>she

But the heroes are the far more important ones. They're the ones you spend the whole game playing as and familiarizing yourself with.

The reasoning just boils down to villains for the sake of villains, regardless of popularity or relevance or importance or anything else that makes sense.

Yeah i agree

So hey redditbros, lets go spam lanky and wii safety guy on ballot!

We need more joke characters!

And why are you playing the games? To stop those villains. By your reasoning, why bother having Bowser, Bowser Jr., and Ganondorf in Smash?

TRICK
R
I
C
K

>tfw you're starting to get nostalgic for Smash 4 hype threads

If that the case, ganondorf would have his shitty plot armor in smash or pit being the strongest in game like Hades proclaimed.

>why bother having Bowser, Bowser Jr., and Ganondorf in Smash?

Because they're regularly occurring and very popular characters in major franchises?

>it's okay when sakurai does it for prepatch characters

So are several other villains, yet you dismiss them as "wanting for the sake of wanting". Seems like you have a personal stake in the matter.

>replacing absolutely perfect Brawl Samus with absolutely mediocre Sm4sh Samus
Why would anyone do this?

Funny sakurai said popularity hold no gurantiance in the desicion process

Try again

How do you rank Rosa below Villager in terms of being recognizable?
And in what universe is a new Pokemon not a major addition? Palutena? etc. etc.
This character had great 1st party reps. from iconic to obscure, e.g Shulk and WFT.

>implying both Smashboards and reddit aren't cancer

...He might be semi clone now but c'mon, it's not the Ganon people want. He's still based on the foundations of the Melee clone dorf. People want actual moves from the Zelda series, not moves copied from Falcon and then modified.

Its just a custom build bro

It's not like you can patch Ridley's size, user...

daisy is added, she is tan. has auburn hair, and is a character with great foot speed and heavy punches

>So are several other villains

Like who? Keep in mind Ridley was already deemed a no-go.

Cred Forums isnt better at all either

Guess that leave GameFAQS

>it's not the Ganon people want
Ganondorf =! Ganon

Try improving your post quality if you really feel that way.

Gamefaqs is horrible with their obsessive underage Rosafagging (I've seen them spill onto Cred Forums a couple of times unfortunately) and stupid cynical attitude. Imagine Cred Forums but without the funny side of it

>moving goalposts
You still disapprove me

>How about a heavy Roy who specializes in close range attacks? Sounds better than a dozen more monkeys to me.
what's the difference between a monkey and an anime swordsmen that makes monkeys so much more original and acceptable to be on the roster? There's only 1 FE clone, Lucina, and Roy is a semi. The rest are all completely unique and are no more similar than two brawling characters, which never get lumped together in the way that sword characters do.

Literally who>

>Reimu
>Highly demanded
She isn't even a joke request like Cloud was in the West during the Brawl days

ewww gross an underage

>being ESL

Please learn proper English before posting on Cred Forums.

I actually like Sakurai but just out of curiosity, what exactly does he do to tire himself out so much? I've never understood that. He doesn't program, I'm fairly certain. Surely he's not the one balancing the roster, that'll be for Bam and Cap. All I can gather is that he creates movesets, tests the game, and gives it a direction/ideas. He must've been doing it without a single break for it to become tiring. Which I doubt.

Thats what your mom said when she heard your name

>space cancer-mechanic revolving around tagging enemies with Phazon attacks and filling their corruption gauge
>enemies take gradually more damage over time and start glowing blue the more they get hit
>but highly Phazon'd enemies do a shitload more damage to DS, and being KO'd removes Phazon from everyone
>down-B removes built up Phazon charge on whoever it hits and heals DS a bit
>side-B where she does that kick which creates a mirror image for 2 seconds, and you can hold the directional input to choose which one is the real you
>Final summons a pool of Phazon while shitloads of Fission Metroids fly out and cause hell

Considering the odds, anything Eternal Darkness related would do

Cred Forums is curently worse than /vg/ since the sm4sh hype

Why in the hell i wouldnt par it with shit sites like reddit or shitboards?

Because he doesn't want to completely fill the game with clones because ungrateful babby's like you still complain about them... for some reason.

Memoryman3 pls

>Forcing nu-FE villain

Walhart/Aversa/Arete wouldn't be so bad.

But in all seriousness if FE villains have to thrown in just stick to Zephiel/Lyon/Ashnard/Black Knight

Sylux is the new hotness in prime

Take your trashe doppelganger outta here famila

>They're clones because they hold swords
HyUddDDDUURR
>There's no reason why clones should be in
So why exactly shouldn't they be in then? What exactly do they ruin about the game? They only add to the game. They're literally just extra additions that don't take up anything and you're actually autistic enough to whine about that.
>Nobody asked for Palutena
No one asked for Wii Fit either. The game isn't intended as pure fan service, it's meant to be a representation of Nintendo's history.

If it makes you feel better, he moves so slow in everything he does, I don't think it would work against a real person.

I can tell you browse Gamefaqs and you're a Sm4shfag. You are the worst fanbase of Nintendo, you know that right?

>Wolf version of Diddy
>Weird version of Bowser

I don't care about Dixie or K. Rool but might be cool.

What "iconic" villains does Nintendo have anyway? The only few I can think of are;

-K. Rool
-Ridley
-Black Shadow
-Possibly Meowth
-I dunno, maybe Hades if he can be smaller?
-Probably some guy from Fire Emblem

That's my point, you're not really helping. If you have somewhere else to post I'd recommend you go there.

Ya he probably does. I notice this tr4sh fanbase are always waifufags and underage. i really wish they'd fuck out of the nintendo fanbase

Those hitboxes though. Do people seriously want that thing in Smash or is he just a meme like K. Rool?

Sylux hasn't done anything yet except getting his ass kicked in Hunters and showing up in ominous epilogues.

>Black Shadow
>iconic

Nobody actually wants Black Shadow, they want an excuse to give Ganondorf's moveset to someone else.

Autism.

That and in some world people want to play as Vaati, Sylux, or Alex

Re-scaling Hades shouldn't be a problem. It's not like Ridley, where he is always shown to be huge, bar literally only one appearance.
Hades is at least a proportioned human who appears throughout the game as a normal sized character. It's only during the final boss that you find out how big he is. Same situation as Olimar. He might be only a few inches tall but he makes sense in Smash because he doesn't SEEM a few inches tall, on screen in Pikmin, he looks normal sized, so it works.
Hades would be sick in Smash, it needs to happen. Wouldn't even mind if he was some sort of anti/paralell clone to Palutena, so like, he has a unique moveset, but in some ways mirrors her, like
>using a dark reflect barrier that stays active and does more damage, but doesn't reflect as well or something, or maybe it travels a great distance and hits opponents in the way.
He actually used this in KIU, it's not ust a clone move for the sake of it.

>want an excuse to give Ganondorf's moveset to someone else.
literally wat

Can't really see another KI character getting in over Viridi at this point, if at all.

Only those first two come close to being iconic.

F-Zero's dead as hell. Meowth isn't really a villain, definitely not any more of one than Mewtwo is. Hades is still a one-off from a game that doesn't even seem likely to get a sequel, and certainly wasn't popular enough to be considered iconic.

I wish I were joking. See

Here's Wolf's future replacement

I would fucking love Hades in Smash, but Japs thought he was dull as hell so Sakurai just wants to forget about him.

In the Japanese script he's just a straight up boring villain. NOA is the reason Hades is the way he is in the West.

Robinroot or bust. Type:Null would certainly be different for a Pokemon, the Midday Form of Lycanroc seems to be way more popular anyways.

Japanese Hades used toilet humor once.

Really? Maybe in the Jap version his VA's really boring or something... anyone who's played the Eng version knows he was literally a God, in design and personality. Where did you hear that? I'm intrigued.

>Taking that picture as evidence for what people want Black Shadow to be in Smash

Are you memeing me? I've not once seen Black Shadow discussed as having a moveset that isn't a 1:1 replacement for Ganondorf.

>Like who? Keep in mind Ridley was already deemed a no-go.
Oh piss off, not him

Here's your ideal "legion of nintendoom" (including playable characters)

And keep in mind you're not sakurai, cause i know as you wanted the other user to list it so you can automatically detracted it like you planned to.

Zelgius, Mumkhar,
Sylux, Hades, Magalor, and
"SF Zero's Andross" are worthy mentions. Even Eggman and Wily if guest characters were allow to bring friends in the roster.

"NINTENDO ALL-STAR NEMESES & GUESTS: SUPER SMASH MAYHEM"
I even avoided no-stars like ghirahim, weavel, or generl scales, we dont need to cram "every" villain/rival/nemesis in the roster.

Totaling all this would slighty outgrow Melee's roster. Plenty of villains to choose from.

But nooooo, they arent my shitty indie characters or my hipster choice!

Bring back boss rush

all of those characters after ridley are literally whos, fuck off no one wants shitty oc characters in smash

But i hate tr4sh tho

If sakurai hates balancing so much (he even fucking compared smash to mvc3) why not just take Brawl- and make that the standard of smash?

I've never seen that before. I'm not saying it's definitely not true but it sounds like projection on your part, probably just your own bias against Black Shadow. Before you call me a shill for BS, I've never played an FZero game. I'd be happy to see some examples of literally everyone talking about his moveset being a copy and paste of Ganon's though.

I don't see why characters HAVE to be recognizable though, there are tons of literally whos in Smash. Like, fucking no one cared about Kid Icarus anymore until Pit was in Brawl and the west barely knew Fire Emblem existed until Melee. Plus, apparently Nintendo is okay with characters like Wii Fit Trainers? Fine then, chuck in the rabbits from the 3DS spotpass plaza or that crane minigame. Monita from Nintendo Land. I wouldn't be surprised if a squid from Splatoon makes it next time, Splatoon was pretty popular.

Nintendo has way more characters if they wanted to dig deep enough. I think they should start working on making some franchises more popular instead of milking the already popular ones. It's no secret that Nintendo basically makes games for the same 4 or 5 franchises over and over again. If you can revive an old and forgotten franchise like Kid Icarus then you give yourself more options, right?

I could ask you the same but I feel we'd both be wasting each other's time.

I don't want Ganon because that sounds stupid and highly impractical, but I do want a Ganondorf that feels like Ganondorf and not Captain Falcon but slower and stronger.

Or fuck it, keep your Falcondorf but give us Demise instead.

Anyone that isnt hades or medusa has zero shot in being playable smash

Pittoo wasnt even a normal inclusion outside being a costume for pit before sakurai and his desingers found differences to it

Whoever made this is obviously colour blind.

Ew abother one of sonic's new "friends"?

Adventure and archie was a mistake

He should be a central figure along with the other hunters, make Samus not the only character with a dangerous air to her name. Like what the fuck did Sylux do? I want to know and I want him to show off what he can do.

They should change the management team.
They should wait for the next Metroid game and introduce another character from the series. Ridley, Samus and somebody else - a hunter like Ghor from the new Metroid.

You need to play more nintendo games ya pretendo

>had a weird dream where i was playing a Smash spinoff that consisted of just Pokemon called "Great Smash Monsters"
>was playing Beedrill too, for whatever reason
>none of this will ever happen

Roy I will forgive, because he was in Melee and bringing him back is probably something people wanted since Brawl. Really no need for Lucina though.

Smash has always been one-half popular, recognizable, fan favorite characters and one half weird shit that Sakurai thought would be cool.

Fire Emblem characters were actually very popular picks in Japan, though.

>it okay when it corrin

Why wouldn't they get in? Bayonetta is in Smash after all, so clearly Platinum and Nintendo get along well enough for that.

Pit was a retro character though. Retro's don't need to be hugely iconic, but Kidic was popular enough.
Melee roster wasn't really subject to Sakuai's current standards, hence why it's such an odd roster (like 6 clones, plus literal whos from Japan). That's just my guess. It was only the second Smash game so the standards weren't what they are today.
Wii Fit=joke character. Same as retro character really. Plus Wii Fit is very, very recognizable and iconic of Wii's casual game line.
Splatoon Kid/Squid is already quite a popular idea and makes sense. Nothing to say there. Sakurai these days really likes to make Smash feels up to date with the times. Most character announcements coincided with reveals for the character being revealed. Or, they were added, likely with prior knowledge that said character was soon going to make a reprisal (e.g Shulk appearing on New3DS, to justify his appearance and not make him seem outdated). Ofc you then also have those who were added just because they're a part of Nintendo's history but haven't exactly made a recent appearance, e.g Mac.

>Anyone that isnt hades or medusa has zero shot in being playable smash

Which is why Viridi got a Mii costume and they didn't? I think you're taking the villains meme a bit too seriously.

But I'm not making a claim like that. I'm only questioning your claim because it seems very biased.

But user, my goal is to pursue new ideas in smash bros. I possibly cant bring back Boss Endurance

That one of the reasons why i replaced adveunture mode

Google search 'black shadow ganondorf' if you really don't believe me, if not then thanks for memeing.

>give us Demise instead.
Demise is trash

You're better of with Calamity Ganon when BotW is out

With all these Fire Emblem characters in Smash, you think they'd add that lewd dark mage with the black see-through outfit.

So in other words, a character that is shit the second there are more than two people playing at once? Since it sounds like Dark Samus would accidently end up buffing everyone to the point where she gets constantly hammered. She's probably not going to be able to tag every player with enough phazon to do any significant damage and since she'll keep dying the phazon will never build up enough either.

>spartan + armor abilities
>jetpack
>weapon switching
>some sort of mechanic tied in to his innate shield

a dumb pipedream, but still

smash is about those dumb playground arguments and we can finally have samus vs the chief

sakurai even acknowleged Link vs Cloud in the final direct

>memeing
Not doing this for the memes my boy.
After searching though, yeah, you're right. I thought it was a case of you claiming stuff just because you don't like the character idea or some shit, my mistake. And it's only just occur ed to me why people want the swap to happen. I can't say it's a terrible idea, but it's a bit weird.

Sorry I was honestly surprised that this was the first time you'd seen it discussed, although it was much more common in the Brawl/ pre-Smash4 days.

Mr Dream? Punch Out has gotten more popular due to Little Mac and the remake on the Wii, after all. Maybe some recurring bosses like Petey Piranha or King Boo? Maybe some iconic enemies like Space Pirates from Metroid? I don't think villains have to be final bosses after all.

None of them are, I could recognize them all.

If Smash is only for casuals, not video game fans, then only half the Mario characters, Pokemon, Link, Zelda, and Pac-Man would get in.

Sometimes Nintendo does localization right, who would of thunk it.

>Which is why Viridi got a Mii costume and they didn't?
And could you remind me the times costumes meant something in the light outside giving dropped suggestions a playable bone

Only one I don't recognize is the yellow dude at the end.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were delusional. Character popular enough that people will literally pay money to play as in Smash >>> characters that weren't even popular enough to get a 'playable bone'. Not that I really want any more playable KI characters, but you're really grasping at straws if you think 'villain rep' is any sort of argument for a character being playable in Smash.

What if in the next Smash they announce they'll add another Metroid character, but it's a Federation Force guy? And he's a clone of Samus but literally better in every aspect and no one uses Samus anymore? Just Zero Suits and Fed Force as far as the eye can see.

>Also yes, i want my big boy Pig Ganon, medusa, and sylux in the game too.
These, plus Ridley if it weren't a given. Give me K. Rool as well.

I want more guests from other fighting series, there's a ton of potential for cool stuff.
Blazblue had a couple 3ds games.

>some attacks cause phazon poisoning on enemies in addition to doing damage
>phazon poisoning lasts for 10 seconds, building up 50 damage over that time, 10 second timer can be reset with another hit
>phazon poisoning causes no knockback on it's own, many of dsamus's moves have low knockback
>smashes have 2x-knockback against phazon'd enemies, but also heals 100 damage on them
sounds interesting, but i'm not sure it would work 2bh

Plasm Wraith from Pikmin 3. Say what you want about the game but he was a fantastic final boss.

He's Waterwraith from Pikmin 2, but he's more developed. They're both named Amebouzu in Japanese, the folklore of which describes the wraith perfectly.

Straight up, I want more SF characters. I know it's blasphemy and all, but I really wouldn't mind seeing Ken, Akuma, Chun-Li, Cammy, and Zangief. Fuck it, I don't even care. They could all play really interestingly. You could even give them a traditional fighting game meter and EX variations of their moves, like how Tekken 7 is doing it with Akuma.

Otherwise, Scorpion or Sub-Zero would be nice, just to settle that SF vs. MK rivalry.

I also want Ryu Hayabusa a lot as well, but more so because of Ninja Gaiden than Dead or Alive.

Eh, faceless grunts aren't exactly 'playable' material.

>Want to play as a character you never even fight against.
nice villain there, nerd.
but I'm down for more magic based characters.

>Straight up, I want more SF characters.

Why not just play SF instead? Or any of its uncountable variants and spin-offs.

>Mr Dream
>literally a one-off not-tyson when the contract ran out

maybe as a joke character

I really want this to happen. Not even that much of a Halo fan, but it'd be so fucking hype, for multiple reasons.

>finally settling the Samus Aran vs. Master Chief debate
>those unique mechanics that you'd KNOW he'd have
>that potential Halo stage
>potential Halo items (I'm thinking the plasma sword or even the Gravity Hammer or a Ghost that you could ride in?)
>dat Halo music in the game
>would probably have a hype as fuck reveal trailer on the same level as Snake or Cloud

SF doesn't play like Smash, dummy.

I was extremely surprised and taken aback by how well they fit Ryu into the game and how fun they made him.

They could do so much with more SF characters too, especially Gief, because we haven't had a true grappler character yet.

W101 wasn't a success.

In which case Ryu would lose his gimmick and we'd end up with a bunch of boring assholes in Smash, thanks Hackurai.

And? Earthbound and F-Zero characters have gotten in despite being niche as hell. Wonder Red could very well make it in.

Are you dumb?

>Maybe some recurring bosses like Petey Piranha or King Boo? Maybe some iconic enemies like Space Pirates from Metroid?
No

techno-mage andross when

Both Mother and F-Zero were quite successful at the time they were added to Smash.

And Lucas got in despite his game never releasing in America. It's possible.

What really matters is if it was popular in Japan.

I voted for Wonder Red in the ballot but frankly the only chance he'd have of getting into a future Smash is if Nintendo let Platinum make a sequel. I just can't see them bothering to dig it back up that long after the game came out, bombed, and was more or less forgotten.

i really like this ridley model. id like it more if his wings were just a smidge smaller (which grow larger when in flight) and if he had a longer tail.

i would be okay with no ridley in smash 5 if adam was added in and his final smash was a barrage of fire from a federation battalion of ships

>What really matters is if it was popular in Japan.
Little Mac got in and no one in Japan gives a fuck about Punch-Out.

Are you?

Alright, let me rephrase that: All that really matters is if it was popular in at least one region.

Explain how adding more SF characters means Ryu's gimmick is taken away.

>we haven't had a true grappler character yet.

Maybe we could have gotten one if they didn't butcher Wario.

If you add more SF characters without the classic button inputs, they're no longer worth including. If you add them with the inputs, then you might as well call it Super SF Bros.

>he still gripping on muh popularity
Smash kids will eat up anything that on the roster regardless of complaints

Also this:
mashable.com/2014/11/25/super-smash-bros-sakurai-interview/
>"Even if a character is highly popular and famous, they might not be chosen to appear as a fighter inSmash Bros.because they lack uniqueness."
>"On the other hand, if a character seems to have the potential to exhibit an interesting characteristic, they might be selected regardless of their popularity" *coughcough*corrin
Sakurai was never a big fan of choosing only popular characters.

>all of 2-5 characters will have SF command inputs
>out of a roster of dozens more who do not

You are dumb.

I could see maybe Chun-Li pulling this off, but any more than two and you've gone too far.

Eh.

>If you add more SF characters without the classic button inputs, they're no longer worth including
Why not? They still have great iconic designs and interesting, prebuilt movesets that you can map to the a and b system pretty easily.
Smash has nothing like Gief, even if you do a piledriver with up b instead of a 360 he's still a unique addition

looks dumb and out of place

Fedshits and the golems mechs are more likely to be vehicular items or mii costumes than coming near the roster over ridley or sylux. No matter how much tanabe want to push these guys so much in future prime games

>Game bombed financially
>Game bombed critically
>Mechs are 4.3 meters tall

>source material
What is Ganon's Forward Tilt?

Third party inclusions are supposed to be limited. Ryu and arguably Chun Li are Street Fighters 'icons', if you pour the whole cast into the game and you might as well actually make Nintendo vs. Capcom.

Because it's huge, and is literally the cited reason as to why Ridley wasn't playable. They could have used a smaller model but Sakurai didn't think it would be fair to the character. I'm not agreeing with Sakurai nor debating it, I'm stating his reasoning and nothing else.

That and adding another one of the guest character's friends would ruin the purpose of "being a guest" in smash

Does anyone have that pic of sakurai discussing guests/thrid party vidya characters?

Takamaru and ayumi tachibana says hi

I agree with that, but one, maybe two SF characters, a blazblue character, and an MK character would be great.

>Mechs are 4.3 meters tall
>sakurai simply shrinks them
>but ridley is still too big

You just described the entirety of smash bros

Just a few of the most iconic SF characters is not turning it into NvC.

>an MK character
I think we all know that the only MK character that'd have a chance to get in (even though it's kinda a pipe dream right now) is Scorpion.

>just one
Wew

>Character's aren't popular and heavily demanded
>Character's aren't unique
>Character's game is flat out despised
Sakurai would never add them

>blazblue
Literally who?

That's the one with Ky Keisuke

Literally Taokaka

I concur

Adding the whole classic sonic main cast would make them less of a guest too
Same for bayo's share

Has anyone saw smash bros crusade's roster?

scorpion is the only one anyone would ever want. its fucking scorpion. who else would possibly even be considered besides sub zero? nobody would be surprised that scorpion got into smash over kano

sakurai doesnt give any shits about anything. he doesnt stick to his own rules or anything he ever says. if he wants a character then he'll add it. if for whatever reason he likes the idea of battle mechs then he'll just throw them in and fuck whatever he said before about character sizes and character popularity/uniqueness

I have, its disgusting. It proves the concept of quality over quantity. They also could have gone with better additions but instead went with the character the creator had seen r34 of recently.

>K.Rool is just going to be a Bowser clone.

Might not work really. Or rather, it's going to lead to a lot of hit and run situations where you hit someone once and then Dark Samus spends the rest of the match running away until the phazon does its thing and repeating. That doesn't sound very fun and it also means that slow characters like Ganondorf or Bowser will never catch her.

Fedshit mechs are west/canuck made so of course sakurai isnt gonna give a single fuck about that

Diddy's British

Reminder Sakurai for ever ruined Wario's chance of being in a Mario mainline game again cause Miyamoto feels like he'd need to make Wario fart constantly.

Yeah if he was going to be a last minute inclusion like wolf and dorf

>lack uniqueness

Then why does Smash have so many clones?

If Smash NX is a port of 4 we are getting

Inkling
Ice Climbers
Gen 7 Mon, most likely Rowlette final form
Some rando 3rd party
Wolf
Someone fringe like Wonder Red or a STEAM guy

And the only one in the roster

And? Olimar is supposed to be fucking tiny but you don't see that as an issue.

Ever heard of last minute inclusions

The Pikmin cast are still scaled accurately.
The Bulborb is still bigger than Olimar.
Sakurai didn't add Ridley because he was too big.
The Federation Mechs are seen being taller than Samus in Federation Force.

Bayonetta's British too, you know.
You're fucking stupid.

Bayonetta was made by Japanese people
Diddy was made by British people

Kirby's smaller then an apple
Olimar's smaller then that.
Pikachu's 1 foot tall, 2 if you include ears. But is the same size as Mario.
Ganondorf is supposed to be bigger then fucking Andre the Giant.
DK is a fucking monster.

Platinum game is western?

---------Joke
your head

>we haven't had a true grappler character yet.
That'd be either bowser or dk in smash 4

I get this is bait, but seriously what would K-Rool's moveset be? Throwing barrels? Rolling barrels? I haven't played DKC for ages but seriously all I remember about that fight was barrels.

I think the overall point is that when Olimar was scaled up, so was his world and enemies. So even when he was made bigger, he's still dwarfed by bulborbs like in Pikmin games. Dedede is still taller than Kirby even when they're both made larger.

The same wouldn't apply to Ridley if you shrunk him to Samus' size.

He can toss his crown
That's about it

He threw his crown, and he shot a blunderbuss. Really, K. Rool had variety, his bigger problem was a lack of anything remotely approximating consistency. He was completely different in every game with no connecting threads besides being fat.

Fedforcefags shoo, your shitty mechs par with crocomire than ridley

At least people didnt bitch at the ridley pet in miitomo. He looks cute as hell
thx sakamoto

Instead of Wonder red or STEAM guy I'm expecting Paper Mario

>yfw sakamoto could care less about "muh exact portrayals" for rids in spinoff media than sakurai could ever will

>in Fg
>using mac
>finally meet someone else from same country
>beat him 9/10 times
>he leaves
>cant find anymore opponents
>mfw he reported me and sent me to FG hell

T-thanks.

Charges you like a mother fucking foot ball player
Jumps higher then Mario AND when he lands summons cannon balls
throws crown.
That's all from his first appearance.

You mean toad

assuming newcomers in the port, that's a pretty sound list (to me)

if not Rowlett's Final, it's gonna be Lycanroc i think (the night form, considering it's already promoted with Counter which Sakurai loves so fucking much)

i cant shake the feeling this guy's on deck for the next 3rd party. who else would come prior?

Even after that fake, Rayman is still on the cards.

Isn't that because they are siblings?

Probably Tethu from Ever Oasis to advertise.

Nope. K.Rool is confirmed to have Multiple Personality Disorder.

Are you actually still seriously arguing with this autist?

He gonna discard the potiential and deflect at playable characters to fuel his petty clone arguments

You can despict anyone as a clone of some fuck in smash. Like all the prerelease argument with Cloud or Corrin.

See for more

That red text is completely fucking unreadable.

When I say Paper Mario and I mean Paper Mario and its sequel. Not the weird but enjoyable spinoff and the voldemort game(s)

Are you really praising Sakamoto for not caring about how the characters are portrayed?

Literally who

Loling the fact everyone even japs didnt get sakurai's joke that krool is a "master of disguise"

Just like how waluigifags didnt get the "try hard" joke. It a reference to waluigi spinoff-only apperances, how he's a hard worker, and his melee trophy desc.

Look up project ganondorf for PM, its amazing.

Wasn't that that game with the cute lizard girl?
I'd be down with her for Smash

>Fringe
Remember when people thought Captain Rainbow was going to make it?

>Dorfags
>not ff
what did he meant by this

Shulk was a fringe guy

Are you saying the sibling theory is true? Like that faggot on youtube?

Fix it then

Things I want from Smash 5:

Stages:
>fewer of the "fly around the first area of the game where the platforms switch every 15 seconds"
>more stages that would pass for "tourney legal" like Smashville or Town and City
>more interesting areas other than "world 1-1" for the gorillionth time. Punch Bowl from Tropical Freeze would be perfect if Sakurai would get over himself and put some more unique areas in
>hazard toggle: turn off that shitty boss to turn a bad stage into a great stage

Music:
>stop making the songs all end at the 2:20 mark Jesus Christ
>give me back the full DK Rap goddammit
>get the actually good songs from Bayonetta, holy shit. No Fly Me To the Moon or Moon River, what the hell is going on

Roster:
>Wonder Red
>move Ganondorf's moveset to Black Shadow, make a Ganon character. Everyone wins
>reskin Shiek as Impa, Shiek hasn't been relevant in decades
>axe Toon Link, tune Link's mobility/damage as needed
>remove the fucking oversaturation that is the Fire Emblem cast, holy mother of god. Ike and Marth can stay. I will put up with Robin. Everyone else can come back as skins (except Corn, fuck you)
>maybe Ridley
>either put Sylux in the game and quit being a cocktease or make a Dark Samus that uses Phazon and shit for attacks. Give it a different moveset from Samus, I swear to fuck I am so tired of clones
>remove clones, alt skins are fine

Misc:
>mother fucking specialized Board the Platforms/Break the Targets back, like original Smash Bros had. Make it a test of your character's moveset, not level 1/2/what the fuck ever
>race to the finish
>a menu UI that doesn't suck cock
>not splitting content between two versions

Too bad none of this shit will ever happen. This series is nothing but wasted potential.

At the very least Shulk's game was critically praised and was released long after Brawl.

give me excitebiker or any character with a sweet and interesting moveset.

either that or add every single third party on the planet, like i dont know lara croft?

otherwise i dont give a fuck, is not like im going to play for more than a week.

>>fewer of the "fly around the first area of the game where the platforms switch every 15 seconds"
>>more stages that would pass for "tourney legal" like Smashville or Town and City

if you mean stages like delfino plaza or skyloft they are legal.
if you mean stages like big blue, well, i rather want a stage with that kind of mechanic that can actually be legal, that would be interesting.

i don't play Metroid for the story, so i really could care less

if you like, you can easily treat Other M like if it was a weird forgettable backstory about samus getting over her past, especially when it's between Super and Fusion.

>Are you saying the sibling theory is true?
fuck no, you dipshit

think Sheik

Are you saying K.Rool is secretly Alphys from Undertale?

>Gen 7 Mon, most likely Rowlette final form

B-B-B-B-B-BUT SCEPTILE

You forgot

>Game stages: Like Omega stages, they turn all stages into Battlefield rather than Final Destination.

hey patternfags thought serperior was gonna get dibs on smash before sceptile ya know

Does it not bother anyone else that this pose is ripped right off of Fox's Smash portrait?

Doesn't matter to me at all.
Just give me another Kirby rep and we're solid. The lack of good Kirby references in Smash 4 was garbage.

Give a Robobot staged based on Rhythm Route

>DKC my favorite video game series ever
>think its "representation" in Smash is completely fine with just DK and Diddy
>never gave a shit about K Rool and why anyone even likes him

the real issue is how short changed the DK series got in stages and music

there's so much to choose from in terms of both, and instead we get jungle levels only and a literal 8 remixes of jungle hijinx theme

its inevitable there's gonna be some favoritism/oversights/etc. when a huge franchise's creative decisions are funneled through just one man

You know what Smash 5 needs?

Mystery Dungeon music

you tell me
youtube.com/watch?v=9vHoe2LAkOI

Ge made his legs far too longs and his colors far too vibrant.

Its been too long since a Smash thread

POST DREAM ROSTERS

I would like Rayman or Amaterasu.

>No new Kirby rep
Garbage.

That's cited in the ike and lucario thing.

Dark Matter then

>Smash 5

Waluigi
Dixie Kong
Ganondorf further decloned, trident edition
Weavel (because tubes)
Vinesaur (Jobber frog gets removed)
Wolf
Elma
Inklings
Return of Ice Climbers
Lucina and Roy ccease to exist, not even as Marth skins

>these clones have to go
>but this clone should come back

Why do we let you have opinions again?

I honestly could see Sakurai putting Wonder Red in it, even if his chances are fairly slim.

He's bros with Kamiya and tends to rep the previous gen.

The only new IPs of this gen are Splatoon, Wonderful 101, Codename STEAM, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, Pushmo, Tomodachi Life and Steel Diver.

An Inking is without question getting in, Steel Diver makes zero sense for a rep, Miis are already playable so TL is out and STEAM is a massive flop everywhere.

So between Mallo and Wonder Red, I'd give it to Wonder Red, especially given 101 got its own trophy box.

doorfags are the worst

I'm not getting rid of the Marth clones because they're clones, I'm getting ride of them because I hate them as lords. You saw me mentioning Doctor Mario or Edge Pit?

Just make black shadow and give him ganadorfs old moveset and give ganadorf a new moveset

we don't even need that black shitdow at all for a better ganon

But Roy is the original Great Lord!

I still want to believe he can get in. As a Starfyfag, it hurts so bad.

I don't like FE either but if the game is going to have any clones you kinda lose any ground for justifying the removal of specific clones. Either let them be/go all out with it, or remove them entirely and keep the characters as skins for their template fighters.

>faggot

And what would that moveset be, if I may ask? Every Ganondorf has been differentt

OoT was a pure wizard
WW dual wielded
TP waved around a single sword
None of them has ever used the Pig Ganon moveset save for OoT phantom Ganon I guess

Just ditch Ganondorf entirely and put in Ganon.

The thing I'm most mad about is no assist trophy whatsoever.

I mean shit, smaller series like WarioWare, Mother and Kid Icarus have two ATs a pop, and even Metroid has fucking three of them, and yet DK has gotten jackshit for literally two games in a row. It's even worse when you realize the series has a perfect candidate for the role as seen in pic related but they never bothered with it.

Lucina is the new Marth. IE loves her. Marth is gonna die first.

another reason why it's better off to just request a second ganon instead

>Implying tradition obsessed nips would remove the original lord
>Implying they would dare even if they wanted to at the risk of fan outrage at the removal of their Melee OG

>Every Ganondorf has been different
hes not fucking link. every ganondorf is the same ganondorf. just incorporate all his shit from the different games instead of making him a stupid punch wizard

marth can be a alt of Lucina

Really I'd like Toon Link to use his own set of toon items, like the gust jar and skull hammer

>just incorporate all his shit from the different games instead of making him a stupid punch wizard
see

I wish he had the Deku Leaf instead of the fucking boomerang. With a wndbox and a glide.

>Ungrateful
Either go all out or don't try. Only three dessert options? There could have been more. Hell, Roy is the fourth, and we sure needed another Fire Emblem character, didn't we? We got two.

I JUST WANT THEM TO BALANCE THE GAME FURTHER.

But Roy is perfect as it is, very loyal to the source material.

When you realize Blade Dance is Astra, Shield Breaker is Luna and Counter is Counter.

you dont need a second one. literally make him anew. fuck the punch wizard bullshit he never ever used in any game. give him an actual moveset based on his different appearances like they did with link
>but i like punch wizard
thats why everyone whos not retarded says to give the moveset to black shadow so you dumb faggots can still use that moveset
>no just give me another ganondorf
fuck off

This. Just give his Melee moveset to Black Shadow and give Ganondorf his own moveset. He's the most iconic antagonist from one of Nintendo's biggest ips, he deserves more than a tweeked Falcon moveset.

Smash 5: return of the edge-hog

I honestly wouldn't even mind, edgehogging is fun.

>Black Shadow

Why? Black Shadow has literally no reason to be in Smash. If F-Zero is getting any new rep, it's going to be Samurai Goroh.

I don't want another fucking sword user in Smash, but let's be realistic here.

>Not based Octoman

>Black Shadow has literally no reason to be in Smash.
He's an important figure in F-Zero who would be incredibly easy to implement.
Samurai Goroh won't happen because he would take far more effort. You're insane if you think they'll make a new UNIQUE character for F-Zero.

So they can recreate the iconic falcon punch.

>Why? Black Shadow has literally no reason to be in Smash
because we're being considerate so you can keep using your fucking dorf while we get a real one. people wouldve been less upset about snake being removed if his moveset had been given to someone else instead of being completely lost

>You're insane if you think they'll make a new UNIQUE character for F-Zero.

I forget Sakurai is a complete hack and only gives certain reps from certain franchises any kind of special treatment or semblance of effort in regards to moveset potential.

My mistake, user. Thanks for reminding me.

>He's an important figure in F-Zero
lol

he's just shitty underling of another underling in mainline F-Zero

youtube.com/watch?v=DdzEaXFaAIM
look at him, fearsome and evil.

They might bring Snake back, they just gotta ask Konami while they're making discussing about the movesets for Bomberman and Simon Belmont.

>He's an important figure in F-Zero who would be incredibly easy to implement.

And Goroh isn't? Goroh's been Falcon's rival for a long ass time. Same with Pico, to an extent.

Ok, who could Goroh be a clone of?
I'm waiting.

Even the items associated with the series are somewhat dubious.

You've got a banana that functions more like the one in Mario Kart than anything in DK. You've got the trampoline from the arcade game that actually starred Mario. The one thing that was definitely a DKC item was removed after Melee.

>Le spin to win weeb and turtle combo
>Important

Might as well put Mr EAD in the roster while we're at it.

>because we're being considerate so you can keep using your fucking dorf while we get a real one.
again

we don't even need a fucking bull cosplayer at all for a better ganon

I'm just trying to be realistic, unlike most people in these fucking roster threads.

I don't want Goroh, but he seems like the only logical choice.

he only appeared in GX

Goroh and Pico been around since F-Zero SNES

>he only appeared in GX

Other M Ridley is fucking hideous.
>those fucked up muscles
>that hummingbird beak
>that toothpick head
>unnecessary spikes

You're being a shitter for the sake of it.
>K. Rool
>Ridley
>Captain Syrup
>Hades
>Black Shadow
>Yuga
>Wolf
>Pokey
>Giegue
>Darkrai
>Midbus
>Fredrik
>Someone from Fire Emblem
>Medusa

There's a lot of pick from, and none of them are scraping the bottom of the barrel. You're treating dedication as a crime. Why the fuck is being a fan of something such a bad thing?

my bad, 2 games.

my point still stands

Give him a break, he was only just born.

>Yuga
>Captain Syrup
>Pokey
>Giegue
>Darkrai
>Midbus
>Fredrik
>Another FE rep
>Medusa over Hades

>Ridley

>>Yuga
>>Darkrai
>>Midbus
>>Fredrik
>>Someone from Fire Emblem
wow you made a much worse list than his (which is actually better and more on point, not shitting)

not of these fags aren't even villainous all-stars (i.e. icons) like fucking Syrup herself.

more in par of no-names like General Scales, Rudy the Clown, or fucking Ghirahim.

>Medusa over Hades

Imagine if instead of Dark Pit, we got her as a Palutena clone but with the good customs (jumpglide, superspeed, lightweigh)

>none of them are scraping the bottom of the barrel.
not him but
>Yuga
>Fredrik

>not barrel-scraping

Imagine instead of more shitty Uprising shit we got a re-imagined Orcos.

i rather Medusa to be a anti-thesis to Paletuna than a retarded inferior clone
>tfw Dark Pit has worse stats than Pit in Tr4sh

we also dont need TWO fucking ganondorfs. it doesnt need to be black shadow. take your fucking pick. but lets be real here. ganondorf IS a captain falcon clone.
>but 3 moves
shut the fuck up. only the biggest fucking faggot would actually believe hes not a clone. hes an altered clone, but still a clone. so his moveset should go to another f-zero character since its all made up because theyre racers. and since its so evil and used by a big heavy character, black shadow could use it. hes a main villain as well so giving the captain someone to fight against is a good thing
>hur villains
fuck off

this is why being "realistic" means shit in this discussion. you both still seem unable to understand why people are asking for black shadow. they want the current ganondorf moveset to go to a new character so people who like it can keep using it. fuck samurai goroh. he cant use it so fuck him. he means shit in this. and blood falcon is out of the question because hes literally a clone. deathborn, well i mean he just looks too weird for me really. he could be used, but i really hope he isnt.

plus, you know, the anime

Oh yeah, I can see the moveset coming together now!
>UpB is teleport
>B is homing orb
>Side B is Rotating Lasers, which can reflect projectiles
>Down B is a counter that leads into Medusa Claw

after all these years

Ridley is STILL too big for smash

>we also dont need TWO fucking ganondorfs.
says fucking who? i've seen a ton of people wanting classic ganon or wind waker ganondorf, i'm even one of those people

black shitdow only gets brought up and discussion when some fag is bitching about muh moveset again.

>no-names
Just because you don't play the games and know nothing of them doesn't mean they're not known. Exactly what I was saying. If you personally don't like them, they're not important. This is the logic you faggots use.

But they're 'relevant'. And if you played any recent Nintendo games, they should be some of the ones on your radar.

Once again:
>If I don't like them personally, they're not important!

That's all this shit boils down to, and I'm glad I won't partake in Smash NX's waiting period. Pure fucking cancer.

Clearly you and I have different definitions of barrel scraping.

Among these you've got one-offs that aren't likely to ever appear again, characters from dead or generally unpopular franchises, characters that just aren't very popular themselves, and a Pokemon which likely couldn't even be counted as a villain.

I don't get the "Ridley is a character" meme either.

Well, he is hyper intelligent capable of using a psychic power to render the feral zebesians into cunning pirates.

why? he doesn't tap dance like a retard and sing to have, what you consider, "character"?

>I'm glad I won't partake in Smash NX's waiting period. Pure fucking cancer
deal with it bitch

no one wants to hear ya

>Among these you've got one-offs that aren't likely to ever appear again
Corrin and Robin, Captain Falcon, Ness, ROB, Palutena, Pit, Lucas, Roy, etc.
>characters from dead or generally unpopular franchises
Most of what I listed above.
>characters that just aren't very popular themselves
Because you don't care for them and Daddy Sakurai says they're not important.
>and a Pokemon which likely couldn't even be counted as a villain.
But it's okay to call Mewtwo a villain when it isn't.
>But the anime
Isn't canon to the games
>But the pokedex entries state
Also obsolete. Mewtwo never comes after you or gives you a reason to, you come to it and it flees if you lose or run away. Granted, I was reaching with Darkrai, but the point still stands.

>352469827
Nice meme.

>i've seen a ton of people wanting classic ganon or wind waker ganondorf, i'm even one of those people
yeah and those people are called pieces of shit
>im okay with removing movesets as long as it doesnt affect me
you are literally a nigger. i hope you understand that. and since its only you faggots who dont want black shadow for literally no reason other than to fuck over people who like punch wizard, id say your opinion means shit
>durr ad hominem
youre a faggot and you have zero points. all your shit is just about for whatever reason having two of the same character except one has different moves or both have different moves and the old ones are lost because you refuse to let a different character have them

>he doesn't tap dance like a retard and sing to have, what you consider, "character"?
he means that he doesnt understand the argument that ridley cant be shrunk down or redesigned because of """""character"""""

you idiot

IT'S A LIVIN'

We don't need two Links, Marths, Pits or Marios either.

and i agree

>Just because you don't play the games and know nothing of them doesn't mean they're not known.
Bowser is an all-star
Ganondorf is an all-star
Andross and Wolf are all-stars

Midbus isn't
Yuga isn't
General Scales will never be one

kinda retarded you're actually considering someone iconic just because that one kid named little timmy from Louisiana does.

>Corrin and Robin, Captain Falcon, Ness, ROB, Palutena, Pit, Lucas, Roy, etc.

Not only are most of these protagonists, making them far more important and popular and thus chosen to be representatives for their series, but you even managed to list multiple characters that aren't even one-offs. Captain Falcon, Pit, and Palutena appeared multiple times.

>Because you don't care for them and Daddy Sakurai says they're not important.

Or just because it's a goddamn fact that hardly anyone gives a shit about Fredrik, or Yuga, or Midbus. You're letting your villain boner blind you to reality and hiding behind Sakurai hate to justify it.

And after that point you just start shoving words in my mouth so I'm not even going to bother responding.

I also agree.

>one-hit wonder, the indie character

I hope he doesn't

>Andross
>Wolf
If that's the case, why are both of them absent from Smash, and why did the latter not return? Your move.

Also, I don't need Yuga in Smash, he's already coming to HW, without any bullshit from Sakurai added on.

It's called being a Nintendo fan, not a casual FotM faggot that Smash 4 tried to appeal to. There's no reason why anyone should be shat on for wanting Ridley or Isaac. I reiterate: Fuck this series, I had my fill.

>yeah and those people are called pieces of shit
yeah you sure told them

fuck common sense, add a shitty clone despite Sakurai could give a less of damn about who gets left out of the next game.

if you're gonna give dorf a volley or float, do it. don't look back at the clones.

>that palpable btfo when Cloud was announced

One of the best days on Cred Forums ever.

I dunno, I do like the idea of representing the two forms of link, the adult anime link and the child-like toon link.
I just want him to not use the Master Sword as well.
Give him the Phantom Sword instead.

You can be a Nintendo fan and still have the common sense to know that personally liking a character doesn't make them popular, or a good idea.

>If that's the case, why are both of them absent from Smash, and why did the latter not return? Your move.

Not him but, I mean playing as a giant floating monkey head in Smash seems very improbable. He's only in Smash via assist trophy of the SNES Andross.

As for Wolf, Sakurai has never mentioned him at all in any Smash Direct, the only time that counts would be during Bayonetta's trailer where she was top 5, including some previous fighters from the other installments of Smash.

My assumption is Lucas was just more popular of a brawl character, so they brought him back over Wolf,
or they just didn't want to overdo character DLC.

I'd be happy with any of these.

Tell that to Corrin. Any character that makes it in Smash becomes hot shit, regardless.

>or they just didn't want to overdo character DLC
Honestly, they should have just went ahead and added Wolf. Only seven characters seems uneven. But it's already a done deal.

>Sakurai could give a less of damn about who gets left out of the next game
yeah. he doesnt care. obviously. however he likes ganondorfs moveset, which is why he hasnt changed it. so thats not going away any time soon. thats why, yet again, the solution is to migrate the fucking moveset. do you think people are just suggesting this for no reason? you think people just pulled black shadow out of their asses? theres a fucking reason for asking for this. what i said before plus sakurai liking punch wizard.

moving the moveset would appease a number of people, excluding you. people who want a different ganondorf, people who want an f-zero villain, people who like punch wizard, and sakurai himself if he finds it within himself to give ganondorf a moveset more fearsome and evil than just evil captain falcon because thats why he likes it, because he thinks it makes ganondorf look powerful

I honestly hate the choir boys meme.
What's wrong with just one choir boy?

>why are both of them absent from Smash, and why did the latter not return?
because star fox was dead as shit at the time

if Zero was made and completed during the time when Smash 4's base game was being development, Wolf might have made it back while getting in before any one of the modern Fire Emblem characters did.

now since when the Smash roster became the decider of who's an all-star or not outside or inside Smash Bros? Wolf was already in once, Andross was too; only had no body appearance at the time to fight like most of the characters in game, which why he not playable.

basically like saying Mother Brain or Ridley are not all-star villains of Metroid, just because neither of them are not playable.

>-Possibly Meowth

Let it go, user. Sakurai ain't gonna budge.

blame gematsu

i hope sakurai dropped them because them playable over the karate guy wouldn't be hype as fuck

>now since when the Smash roster became the decider of who's an all-star or not outside or inside Smash Bros?
Brawl. You know, the game that ultimately fucked up everything regarding the fanbase?

I think it's official, Nintendo has no meaningful characters left to add to Smash. Even Smash 4 was scraping the bottom of the barrel, but at least it gave us Pac Man and Mega Man.

>Another counter character
No thanks.

I'm not going to pretend that there hasn't been some stupid additions, but having too many FE characters doesn't justify fucking Midbus.

Nah, they scrape the bottom when they add Fat Hockey Player.

What about a new Kirby rep?
We're kinda lacking in the Kirby series representation, to be quite honest.

>Brawl.
now give me a real source

Isn't Roy like the worst Fire Emblem ever and only adored solely because of smash bros

kirby doesn't even need one outside deefags from the Flash 2 community saying it does

>Meowth
There are better Pokemon to use. Fuck off with this "muh villains" crap.

I just want Kirby's new Final Smash to turn into Planet Robobot, giving him a buffed moveset for a short duration.

he's only hated by competitive meleefags and that small group of FE fans who didn't like based Binding Blade

Roybros been growing strong since Brawl excluded him and Shitwakening brought him back

You're new to this series, aren't you? Source: 2007, most of the internet that focused on gaming. Brawl was hyped up like no tomorrow and Snake's inclusion led to a lot of people coming together hoping for their characters. Of course, this led to shitwars and shitposting beyond belief. When the game released, most of the hype died down and people got angry. Fast forward to 2013 and Smash For got revealed. Look at any of the pre-release Smash threads in the archives. This shit started with Brawl, lingered into Four and will blow up with NX.

Short answer: Japan Time. Pic related.

Ah yes, when everyone was convinced mentioning Ness as a character who has been in Smash "Up until now" meant he was gone.

The next smash character should be the bartender from Tapper.

he slides mugs across the floor, shakes a small keg of root beer, then sprays it at an enemy that pushes them away like fludd, but does damage, and he has an excuse to have a counter. Because he's a bartender

Dark Matter from Dream Land 2 would be cool and pretty much wrap up Kirby representation with a nice little bow. The popular hero, the well-known rival, the fan-favorite anti-hero, and the nostalgic definitive villain for true fans of the series.
Dream Land 2 was also the most popular Kirby game after Dream Land, and Dark Matter has been referenced, has cameo'd, and has been clear inspiration for newer characters since his inception.

>People genuinely thought Ness and Captain Falcon had been cut for Brawl
>People did the exactly same fucking thing for Smash 4

I guarantee it, they'll do the same for Smash 5. Just watch.

by real source, i meant from an official statement from Nintendo.

not by autists who only had Smash as their only Nintendo game to ever play and only look in the trophies sections to even know a series.

That Thwomp looks world-weary.

>The only Bowser's castle stage is when it transforms into one for 10 seconds in NSMBU stage and the shitty Sticker Star biased stage on 3DS

No, I don't understand why people consider Ridley a character. He's just a generic space monster Samus blows up.

>not recognizing Dark Matter

Gematsu was a meme leak that got btfo'd by the Robin reveal.

seems like he disagrees

see

Dark Matter is more of a figurative who, as nothing even acknowledges what it and zero even are, they are just forces that just abruptly appear at the end.

0/10
try harder next time

It doesn't work like that, I gave you an actual reference with multiple sources to back it up. Don't detract because it's not provided the way you want it to be. The fans can decide what games did things right and wrong. Example, Mugen Souls' localization. When NISA fucked up, they didn't buy.

Brawl got overhyped and the aftermath lingered into Smash 4. Rinse and repeat for the NX game.

same fagging wont help your bait friend

Right, but he does appear in a number of games.

get real

But what does it mean.
We need a new game to go into extreme detail about dark matter, where it comes from and what it feels, with the revelation that the events of all the previous games have been machinations of Zero 3

can you BE any more stupid?

SLYUX

ANTHONY HIGGS

RHUNDAS

seriously though fuck ridley

>It doesn't work like that,
uh-huh
>I gave you an actual reference with multiple sources to back it up.
all the sources you gave me was from a fanbase, not officials

show me a statement from Nintendo where anyone who isn't on the playable roster are the only all-stars of nintendo

speak for yourself

Seriously though a G&W platformer would be hella lit.

Amiibos.

no, i think i'll speak for you, you tremendous idiot. bad at baiting AND stupid. what a winning combination

History repeats

an OFFICIAL STATEMENT

not a fucking implication by fans

>Characters who are playable in the game get figures
>Characters who aren't don't
That's as official as it gets.

It seems unlikely since Sakurai seem only interested only on females and FE characters, or both combined.

>That's as official as it gets.
so it never was. gotcha

>Still detracting
Stay deluded.

seem like you ran out of arguments

that's good. post a official source next time, not from fanatic autism.

Literally Tiger handhelds

Nintendo and Microsoft have become unified, I would love them to settle their differences and allow this to happen. Master Chief final Smash would be Super Spartan Laser which shoots out a giant red been similar to Samus's Zero Laser.

Black Shadowfags are Anthonyfags 2.0

can't get anymore autistic than wanting a proper moveset and throwing yet another worthless clone on the house while at it. nigger gets beat by a demigod like a wimp and gets called a falcon's rival.

also, fun fact: snake's moveset is copyrighted by konami so of course he'll have to go get it again to give it to another character which will be super-pointless.
>Anthony is long gone
>just add back Snake or Big Boss at that point

If Sakurai wanted to bring in a MS owned character, I think pic related would be a better choice.

I mean Chief would be pretty funny to have, but he'd feel weird in that he'd be the only character in the roster to have not one appearance on a Nintendo console. Even Snake and Cloud have had some of those, even if they're not terribly major. If only Halo DS came out.

forgot pic

>Arbiter assist trophy

too bad, it's a cycle now.

major prime characters gets AT'd, Ridley gets boss'd, power suit is still shit-tier.

also
>still gripping on rundas, who's never going to be heard of again
people wanted General Scales too you know.

theres no limit on how many characters a third party can have. we CAN get both master chief and banjo and kazooie

>not falling for a dense mentality is baiting
again, speak for yourself

you and the guy who wants Black Shadow because he might lose his clonedorf moveset he loves so much from sakurai

no, being a fucking idiot is baiting. how do you STILL not fucking get why im calling you an idiot?

Look at Team Ninja's past games like Ninja Gaiden. I'm glad Nintendo is done doing collaborations on Other M's level.

He's a black eye ball with hair who can use dark magic and likes to fight with a sword. He's manipulative, cruel, and insensitive. He's also quite lonely, he wanted to make the Rainbow Islands as miserable as him so people could understand how he feels, and he took control of a king with thousands at his command to make that happen. Probably dressed up in a cloak, armor, and a mask because he wanted to hide how scary and alien he looks, and to keep himself protected. He can grow into a bigger eyeball with purple fins when he exerts himself to use his max power. He's from a race that looks pretty identical and are probably a pseudo-hivemind that all serve one being, their creator, but DL2 Dark Matter seemed to have his own style and identity compared to them all, a sense of real individuality, similar to Gooey, Miracle Matter, and Dark Nebula. Perhaps he's the oldest and most seasoned Dark Matter? How long was he alive before the events of DL2, and what did he do in that time? Where did he learn to fight so well, where did he get his fashion sense from? It doesn't really matter, those questions are better off left to the imagination. That's really all we need to know about him.

His appearance in Robobot was fanfiction though. The designers probably presumed his clothing and weapon were some sort of generic "sword form" any Dark Matter blob could use, which probably isn't the case as none of them in DL3 or K64 did anything similar, most of them weren't even powerful enough to fight Kirby on their own, possession was required.

>not wanting a music based Meowth to rock out on the stage.

>no, being a fucking idiot is baiting.
I know right

Maybe you should cease from doing that?

>Toad
>Isabel
>Yarn Yoshi
>Inklings

I would... if I could read it.

>pretends to be someone from way back in the thread
>waits until post timer runs out to samefag and call more attention to his post
>TAKES SNAPSHOT OF POST SAYING HE GETS A 0/10 FOR SHITPOSTING AS PROOF HES NOT A SAMEFAG
>literally cannot fucking read and cant figure out why hes an idiot
>continues to be stupid as all hell
>replies to himself while quoting a different post
sad part is you STILL wont fucking get it, but youll get enough out of it to know you need to save face. so your next post will be
>i was just pretending
but we'll all know youre just legitimately retarded

Tint and resize the pic

Calm down autismo

Give him the shotgun from DKC2 and no you have too spiked canon balls, absorb, and status gloo. I canot think of anithyng from DKC3 since he just fly pressing a remote control there

Also i like the pirate outfit better

legitimately pathetic. heres your score: 0/10

Dark matter from kpr was just a clone, sampled from whatever the rainbow sword had left over to harshly to near perfection

Those guys are playable in Smash?

The pathetic score belongs to the guy who made this mess of a post

Nope

shameful

I'm aware of that.

>Sylux

Literally who?

where do i get this skin?
this is literally all i ever wanted smash dorf to look like

You guys do know that K Rool is a retired character, right? They put Dixie first.

I'm sure it's on Brawl Vault.

i doubt nx will even get a new smash bros. they will probably just port the newest one and call it Super Smash Bros. For "whatever its called"

>Project M Ridley Mod uses the Other M model
For what purpose

Because the guy who made it tried to use the Brawl one but the animation limits caused him to restart with the Other M model.

He's actually working on the Brawl model now so there's that.

>>spartan + armor abilities
Just like Ryu, maybe he did have sprint with some sort of input conbination (double tap run), his shield would be a bubble shield textured, and could use the jet pack as a up b
>>weapon switching
Kinda like Shulk? Use b to change weapons, and chose a variety of them? Altough, I would preffer him to have them all available with his moveset.
>>some sort of mechanic tied in to his innate shield
Kinda like with Bowser Jr., he could take 0.9 dmg, but if they do a big combo on him his shields go down and starts taking 1.2 dmg.

>Jab combo
Single punch, punch with a gun and then either a shooting or kicking
>Tilts
More kicks and punching with bigger weapons, maybe using his knife
>Smash atacks
Fsmash would be the gravity hammer, dsmash and usmash could be the energy sword
>Specials
Neutral could he be shooting whatever generic riffle he has (AR, BR, PR, CC) , side could something with long distance weapons, equipments, or a armor ability, and it did be neat having some sort of explosive for down
>Grabs
He hits with his AR, and throws are basically just like assesinations
>Aerials
Kinda short ranges for weapons, but most of the aerials would be shooting, bair could be a shotgun blast similar to ROBs, fair a spike like his aerial asesination, dair could be shooting downwards, etc.

Though, we should get Crash or someone similar way before they even think about Master Chief. And also, we need to know if we will actually get another Smash at all.

Oh, that's pretty neat then.

>Advance Wars
>Codename STEAM
>Dillon's Rolling Western
>classics (Ballon Fight, Excitebike, CluClu Land)
>Legendary Starfy
>BoxBoy
>Ever Oasis (soon enough)

If a literally-who franchise like Fire Emblem can get 6 fucking reps, I think these would be just fine.

*Also
>Golden Sun.

What about a player like pokemon trainer where you switch between multiple characters, but it's all the alternative characters from DK64 and you use the barrel to swap out

I wanted Bomberman...