youtube.com/watch?v=OIh6sXRM_yQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o
youtube.com/watch?v=wHxPUU0NJwM
youtube.com/watch?v=wSV4l65GNK8
youtube.com/watch?v=ik4JI4D7rZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kRWab0q9aw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"What a faggot."

It literally was. Yuna says the only way she gets through some days is to force herself to smile and laugh. She suggests Tidus tries the same thing, so he does. He forces a laugh, and it sounds fake, because it is. I don't know how anyone can interpret that scene as anything else.

not to mention tidus got multiple bombshells thrown on him beforehand

>be a professional
>finish a job
>move on
>kids laugh about something stupid
>share on Internet
>becomes a meme
>get asked how you feel about your work being a meme
>have to actually debate with self to answer
>do I pander to the meme kids?
>do I try to maintain an air or professionalism?
>Fuck me

I'm so happy I just work a mundane 9-5 that pays well and has benefits.

I remember seeing an interview with this guy around the FFX release and he seemed like the only VA that was genuinely excited to be there.

Shame his VA on the game was a train wreck

He's right, the whole point of the scene is that he learned his father turned into a world eating monster and he force a laugh despise that

So if the laugh is awkward and forced doesn't it mean the VA did a good job?

He's right. I wish he didn't do the shitty remix, though.

japanese laugh was just as bad. i guess it was suppose to sound stupid

what kind of autist would think the laugh was genuine?

I never thought Tidus' voice actor was so fucking UNHAPPY...

>"It's a meme unrelated to your individual self, get over it."

Dude looks like "JUST"

>getting angry about stuff on the Internet
Why didn't he just laugh it off?

youtube.com/watch?v=WJotVinhXJ4
It's pretty obvious it was meant to be forced unless you heard the laugh out of context.

Because no one can do that these days. They'd rather whine online

>He's been the voice of Ratchet for over a decade
>He'll always been known for Tidus and his dumbass laugh.

If you didn't understand this scene you are probably legitimately autistic.

It's funny how he had to explain that the laugh WAS supposed to be like that. I mean it's obvious, it was a forced laugh, it was a sad moment and they were still forced to laugh in order to endure the pain.
Does that make it less cringey? No it's still fun and awkward as fuck, but it's nice to know that the voice actor find it funny anyway.

jesus christ why cant he smile? just a prank bro. like just laugh it off and move on.

Because it's a joke.

You're all welcome.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I love this meme where we don't watch stuff and then act like we watched it.

This.

Anyone who doesn't understand the scene has either not played the game or really should get themselves checked for autism since they seem to be unable to understand social cues.

jokes on you. i watched the video.

>Voice actor of Tidus responds to FFx laugh discussion

Should've been him going HAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA

Missed opportunity to be honest

>let me excuse this fucking terrible scene because I have nostalgia for it as a gen 6 babby

You have to be 18 years or older to post on this website

>it has to be explained after all these years and people still don't get it.

>Terrible scene

Because it IS terrible, on purpose

People assume the voice actor was terrible, but it wasnt him

tell us why this scene is bad.

Flash news: you can be over 18 and have played FFX in your childhood nowdays.

Whoa, didn't see that coming.

*Whipcrack*

>i-it's supposed to be bad!
It has nothing to do with the voice acting and everything to do with the scene. It's a feelsbait moment that utterly fails to accomplish what it sets out to do, as evidenced by the fact that people are still asking this question years later. And don't play the "it was better in nip" card, because it wasn't.
>Flash news: you can be over 18 and have played FFX in your childhood nowdays.
Sure. You can't be over 18 and think it was good, though.

lmao everyone knows that's how its supposed to sound

we all meme about it because it sounds funny when taken out of context

why do so many people (and now the voice actor kek) fail to get this and trip over themselves to explain "BUT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO SOUND LIKE THAT"

I've never fully understood this. The scene was to make Tidus look like a prick. He's basically telling Yuna that you can laugh all your troubles away despite the fact that he has zero clue whats actually going on and Yuna is such a good girl that she tries her best to play along for the retard.

>Everyone assumes people who dislike the scene don't understand it
FFX is not some deep masterpiece, fuckers. It's just a bad scene.
I can understand what it's trying to do and also think it didn't do a good job.

>i-it's supposed to be bad!

Yes, it's supposed to be bad.
Just because you add a memearrow in front of it and fake stutter doesn't make it untrue.

If the scene conveyed its point to you then by definition it was a success, autist.

>He'll always been known for Tidus and his dumbass laugh.
It's better than being known for Johnny Test.

Why do people hate that show anyway?
I saw one episode of it once and it seemed to be your standard kids cartoon.

Cartoon Network loved to air it in the middle of the day between reruns of other shows.

>people in this thread who haven't even seen the video thinking he's angry about it while he actually is having lots of fun hearing the remixes

> It's a feelsbait moment that utterly fails to accomplish what it sets out to do

Except what it was accomplishing was to be a bad laugh

The bad laugh itself stuck out that people forgot it was meant to be sarcastic

ITT: Nobody actually watched the video and Cred Forums is stupid.

what's the fucking video

i dont know if people on this board is overly retarded or just like baiting

*whip crack*
Whoa, didn't see that coming
*whip crack*

>feels bait
>with Wakka's reaction
Are you actually autistic?

i just assume everyone is autistic on Cred Forums and can't help but be retarded, helps me get triggered less

FFX's cutscenes are pure kino.

quit trying to force Cred Forums memes on other boards

Cutscenes are Cred Forums you autist.

I can force a square peg into a round hole if I try hard enough, but that doesn't mean I was doing the correct thing

When i first played this game as a kid, i caught on to the fact that it was a forced laugh. Though i didn't understand at the time why it was forced, but I knew it was forced on purpose. You people are literally fucking retarded to not understand that it was forced, and the fact that you guys still don't understand, or refuse to, convinces me that you people have genuine brain deficiencies

why does everyone seem to go full retard when it comes to discussing FFX

everyone gets it's forced, it still sounds fucking retarded and doesn't pull off what it sought out to achieve. you can piss and moan about how no one understands it but you, but we all get it, it's just still shit

The last FF for old fans and the first FF for new fans.

Teedus was coming to terms with some fucked shit and Yuna wanted to let him know this is what her life is and to accept it the way she does. That to pretending to be happy is how she deals with it.

After their dumb fake laugh they share genuine laughter and become closer.

>When Auron says "We were worried you guys might've gone crazy"

The game knows how absurd the scene is but it's that way because of how personal it is between these two.

It wasn't "feelsbait" though you could argue the events surrounding it are.

>When Wakka says*

>sounds fucking retarded
>doesn't pull off what it sought out to achieve

These two statements contradict each other.

Listen, and I guess this is kind of important because people don't get it, if a voice actor does a scene correctly and as directed (which Taylor did) and it becomes memetic because of how it sounds (once again, it did) that means that it is a good scene and the voice actor in question is a good actor. That scene was stupid and cringy because it was supposed to be. The laugh sounds fake because it was supposed to sound fake. Hell, all the characters around him look at him like he was fucking retarded because he was being a fucking retard. Anyone who played the game up to that point and understood what was going on would understand that.

That being said:

Yes it's funny, and yes I will laugh at it and make fun of it because I like having fun. I just don't like misconceptions.

"Kill all dem Al Bheds, ey, bruddah"

youtube.com/watch?v=wHxPUU0NJwM

He's right. The Internet meme kids will latch unto anything.

"Al Bhed genocide best day of my life"

I haven't played the game, but just watching that scene alone it's incredibly obvious that it's supposed to be a forced laugh.
youtube.com/watch?v=wSV4l65GNK8

LIKE HAPPY FESTIVAL FIREWORKS

I'm still waiting for that Japanese voice DLC...

Fuck the Al bhed ya?
They're nothing but bad news know what I'm saying?

For anyone who hasn't experienced it, here is the Jap VA's laugh

fuck off old fag you just dont understand memes

It's not any better, if that's what you're wondering

Did anyone ever say that it was bad because it sounded fake? Because I'm pretty sure it became infamous for being a terrible scene with a hilariously bad sound clip. Nobody ever questioned the voice actors' acting capability, mostly because he had none to begin with.

>it's good if it becomes a meme
It's amazing how this thinking catches on. It totally explains how all pop culture is popular because it's intrinsically good and was intended as such.

It comforts me knowing the people posting here are our professionals or future professionals, and that they think like you. The future is bright indeed.

What is context?

You misquoted me. Do you work for the media? CNN perhaps? Or are you just a Hillary shill? Either way, go die in a fire, kike.

see

I think the problem is that they didn't transition to a real laugh, finding humor in the lengths they go to seem like they are making themselves feel better, and actually making themselves feel better about their situation.

Sounds more like he's imitating a crow than a forced laugh.

Japs don't know how to laugh anyway, and any 'laugh' they produce is force and unnatural. When they have to make force laughter that's what you get.

Being a professional victem pays better

I paraphrased your first sentence. Thanks for confirming being a complete retard by parroting some memes. My advice, learn some critical thinking skills and reading comprehension. You may trick some people into thinking you aren't as retarded as you've shown here.

Bout time. Took you long enough to respond. Ah, who am I kidding, you had to look up words more than six letters long in a thesaurus. Typical Hillary shill retardation.

Wakka please

The absolute madman

>he votes

Typical Hillary shill response.

you must be at least 18 years of age to post on Cred Forums

>hes this booty blasted after all these years
People make fun of funny things, get over it.

he did though, op is just being a fgt

Did you watch the video at all? He makes fun of it, and thinks it's funny as hell.

both at once, friend

>he was actually completely cool about it
>everyone thinks he was a dick because op is a faggot

>every single time the laugh gets brought up autists shout IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FORCED
No shit, everyone knows that, it still sounds terrible. People aren't making fun of it because it sounds like a fake laugh, they make fun of it because it sounds like someone trying to fake a fake laugh. The Japanese voice clip is terrible too because that scene was just poorly made overall

So, why are you allowed to post again?

Uh check yourself, all of FFX VA was amazing.

good try

Typical Hillary shill image macro.

Fuck, even the trolls here are talentless entitled children. This place used to be fun.

nobody is forcing you to stay, you know

>a fake fake laugh

What does that even mean?

If Yuna was telling him to laugh wouldn't he need to fake the fake laugh?

It isn't like Yuna told him a bad joke so you'd expect a fake laugh in that way but she told him to do it so he'd need to force fake laughter

>autism speaks

>they didn't transition to a real laugh
you didn't play the game. rewatch the scene

Hillary shills really aren't worth my time to argue with. Find a stance that's not absolutely repugnant to anyone with a brain then maybe I'll argue with you. It shouldn't take much, I'm easy to bait. When it comes to Hillary and her shills that's too much, even for me. Remember, trolling is a art, and you have to be a artist.

watch the video

>That laugh remix of Seymour's battle theme at the end

I'm fucking grooving here

They literally did exactly that

Jesus Christ

youtube.com/watch?v=kRWab0q9aw4

Here, now stop responding and arguing over dumb shit

Was there really people who thought it wasn't supposed to sound like that? I didn't realize that was a point of debate.

Whether meant to or not it's a funny scene. Like, the fact that it was a forced, fake laugh and was meant to be a forced, fake laugh doesn't even matter. Not in the slightest bit.

Can't answer questions so you resort to personal attacks.

Typical shillary.

>Here, now stop [...] arguing over dumb shit
Nigger do you know where the fuck you are? We are the people who would argue things like: Who would win in a fight, a lion or the same lion with the colors inverted upside-down?

Nurse gets a full bone saw. Basically just has the middle filled in.
Hillbilly gets a large meat tenderizer type hammer with steel reinforcement
Wraith gets spikes on his skull
Trapped gets... A bunch of metal edges and blades welded onto his cleaver

not being able to understand the world around you means you're autistic.

yes the bad laughter was intentional, fucking loser.

obviously the inverted upside down colors lion would win, he's the wild card.

>can't understand basic social interactions like a fake laugh
No user (you) are the autist

>Was there really people who thought it wasn't supposed to sound like that?
People who haven't played FFX.
I've been linked to stuff out of context and in retrospect I liked it better before actually watching or playing the original work. Who wants to ruin a good thing? It's not as though FFX is a good game.

The normal lion blends perfectly in the savannah enviroment, therefore he has the surprise factor

what a terrible hairline

See what I mean?

That normal lion has seen hundreds of regular lions I can guarantee he won't be surprised BUT he'll NEVER expect a inverted upside down lion.

He won't even know what the fuck he's looking at, that's the surprise factor

>He won't even know what the fuck he's looking at
When a wild animal is confronted with the unknown, it enters a fight or flight mode. No mammal stands like a retard doing nothing when in danger

Yes congratulations, you noticed a common trait among old people

Yeah the normal lion has seen hundreds of regular lions, he's fought hundreds of regular lions too, what the fuck would ever threaten an inverted upside down lion? It'd be like those retarded birds that walk up to hunters because they've never developed a flight or fight response.

The upside down lion will know to fight for dominance right away.

The regular lion will fight out of fear or run away giving the upside down inverted lion the advantage in both situations.

>giving the upside down inverted lion the advantage in both situations.
Fighting for survival > fighting for dominance

>someone trying to fake a fake laugh
This has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever read regarding this discussion. It can only be your own retarded interpretation that leads to that kind of statement.

this, this has always been the case but people forced the meme. Yes the laugh sounds hilarious but it was always a fake laugh

What does the western voice actor have to do with a terrible weeb scene made by manchildren chinamen?

He handled it pretty well, honestly.

Cartoon Network forced it hard for reasons.

Its also low-budget as fuck *whipcrack*

did you even watch the video fool

It was though. The whole point of the scene was meant to be awkward and forced.

Only literal autists think it's bad voice acting or something.

Lions kill each other over dominance constantly, the Upside down lion knows he's fighting a lion and what to do.

The normal lion doesn't know shit and is fighting like a retard.

>Forced laughter
>People thinking it was supposed to sound genuine

I know there are a lot of autistic FF fans, but this is a whole new level. The voice acting may have been generally crap, but that scene was intentionally awkward.

No, why, it states that the voice actor wrote the scene?

>Literally made a video of him acting the laughs
>implyng he is mad.

Jesus user, what crawled up YOUR ass?

he is making fun of it

In the comments he talks about the direction behind the scene.

Time hasn't been kind to this man, daily reminder to eat healthy and exercise to not age like shit.

>it sounds like a fake fake laugh
>it sounds like someone trying to fake a fake laugh

but they fucking did, you're just trying to justify this poorly put together meme, god damn

>he retains a look of stark disinterest in between shots, and after he finishes the first laugh remix he keeps on staring blankly into the camera with the same expression
>i'm low-key mad about you guys mocking my voice lines, but i still find it funny when you make these remixes!!! not angry at all!!!!
it's in plain view

>people defending the shit that is FF 'dialogue'

Yeah, get some fucking taste

>muh superior taste

He did
And he Tidus laughed too

>all the people ITT responding genuinely
Youre the kind faggots that read the title of something instead of going through the actual content.

OP played you newfags like a damn fiddle.

DONT MAKE ME KICK YOUR ASS