It's been 100 years since tanks first used in combat

>it's been 100 years since tanks first used in combat
>still no good online tank game

Are we stuck with World of Tanks and War Thunder forever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-dB0h1vJTwA
nintendoworldreport.com/news/8929/3do-sells-off-game-properties
youtu.be/UnTaD4Syrlk
youtube.com/watch?v=k3QBq-owwZ8
theguardian.com/science/2007/may/08/cancer.medicineandhealth
youtube.com/watch?v=aM3ElTvF52I
youtube.com/watch?v=ynfT682q1F8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think World of Tanks is the best we're going to get

>Overwatch
>12 Bastions
>Tank Configuration Only

War Thunder is as close as we're going to get with actually decent tank gameplay, as that's pretty shit as it is.

That being said I think the models in that are some of the best around.

Red Orchestra

I just want pic related, but
>actual 3D gameplay
>manual aiming, no lock on
>massive team size, at least 14v14
>no P2W shit
>make the tank weight classes really feel unique, but still balanced and fun to play

War Thunder is probably the best you're going to get. But if you want to play Realism or Simulator, you're going to encounter shitters who will play on ultra low quality to get any advantage they can. Otherwise the game is alright.

>overshit

underage plz

>"100 years of tanks event! Mk1 will be in the game!"
>Actual event has the Mk1 unplayable, it slowly lumbers around the map while everyone else drives shitty go-karts

What a fucking disappointment

Except for the grinding. I want to unlock at least one tier 5 before I die.

The tanks in EDF2025 are the most fun I've had with tanks in any game,strangely enough.

>unneeded swearwords
Just turned 18, eh? Congratulations!

Battle between the Mk.I and the A7V would be great.

I want you to shut the hell up, bitch.

They fixed that for the most part. Now the real bullshit is when a T-34-85 bounces my Tiger II from 200m.

The champion still reigns supreme.

But why

This actually. I bought EDF 4.1 on steam (which is the updated 2025 iirc?) and the vehicles are great fun to use. Except the awful bike that doesn't grip the ground at all.
I'd like to buy the mk1 and a7v. Even if they are utter garbage in the actual game, the money could go towards tank restoration which would be nice

Ya your mom even gave me a birthday fuck and suck it was real nice, said it wasnt even the first time shes done it.

>Someone actually took the time to make this

Should I try Armored Warfare?

How is it?

They promised to make it playable ages ago in the Bong and Burger trees.

It has HP, so it's a waste of time.

Just watched fury last night
Is there a tank game where you have an actual crew rather than just yourself?

RO2 but usually one guy takes it and has the AI fill the rest of the slots.

Red Orchestra 1-2
Operation Flashpoint
ArmA

LITTLE

add Squad to this list once they get the vehicle models added and working. (same devs as project reality, which had a decent armored warefare mode given the engine limitations of bf2)

Leopard 2A4 sexy af

>aiming for the turret

>I want to unlock at least one tier 5 before I die
Enjoy entering the most unfun tier in the game.

The Leopard series is rather nice.

Where do you see an A6?

The problem is that tanks aren't meant to operate alone ever, but instead with the full support of infantry. Read Achtung Panzer sometime. The idea of tanks as part of a fixed fortification defense, or alone out on the field, is laughable.

a shame my pc can't run Squad

But what if I like WoT?

>fixed fortification defense
This is something a tank can do and it can do it well. A tank can be seen as a moving AT-gun/MG nest and is very much able to engage enemies alone to do operations of said "fortifications". The advantage of a tank is the ability to quickly maneuver if it ever finds the need. However, this is purely from a defensive standpoint and it is clear without saying that an offense with armor alone is retarded and only practiced by sandniggers.

god damn that game was so much fun
we need a remake of this series already, the gangs were completely off the chain

does anyone know the name of the game?

Why can't this just get a graphics overhaul and online multiplayer? I would drop 15 or 20 bucks instantly. Endless fun.

Alienfront Online is pretty much what I' talking about, but of course that's dead too.

Nobody likes wot, everyone is addicted to wot.

Is faster, more skill involve and rockets, dems rockets. Also no premium ammo, so you dont get so salty when driving heavy tank(mbt).

This. War Thunder has some absolutely beautiful models.

Oh it's that retardedly OP piece of shit from the original Wargame.

A little google-fu turned up Armored Core 5

>pay 25€ and grind for three months to get clubbed by IT-1s in your stock Leo
>also enjoy getting bankrupt from HEAT-FS unless you pay more £$€

Anyone played Panzer front on psx?
It have not hp but have infantry, other shit and fun.
Also unbalanced missions.

Swedes build weird shit sometimes.

Arma 2 and 3 have some good tanks and tank mods IIRC. 3 probably still has some good tank based servers.

That thing looks 60% plastic what the fuck.

what a shitty reload

Slow as faggot would have been shitcanned in the 90s. Either do that shit in 5 seconds or you're out.

real tanks don't look like 40k xDDD
kys

>playing the heavy tank
>literally flattening the jackass driving the lightest tank

This game was the ties, so many good memories

OH SHIT NIGGERS LOOKS LIKE THE TANK EXPERT IS HERE, THE user THAT LIVES IN A TANK AND HAS DONE TANK THINGS IN HIS LIFE BEFORE AND TOTALLY ISN'T JUST A POSTURING FUCKWIT MALLNINJA

Feel inclined to try in a Russian tank?

Just fucking play Robocraft then

You slap together a cancerous tumor made of cubes with guns pointing out like a fucking hedgehog, then go pit it against other abominations in a retarded slapfight. HP isn't a thing, the blocks you shoot are the blocks that fly off, and once only 20% of you is left do you finally die. No strict tiering system and the shit you start out with can dent the oldfags if you're ever unlucky enough to be put vs them. All weapons are available through normal play, premium just doubles rewards you get per round. Grind isn't much an issue unless you're shit. No bullshit like golden rounds or etc.

Honestly, the only bad shit is when you're put into a game with an autist who has built an incredibly well balanced speedy flying box that tanks hits and can fly off to repair before coming back to dick you again.

Don't forgot that mixed battle is forced on tank players. So you always have to deal with shitters bombing you.

Unless they patched that out so you can actually tank without flying cancer.

youtube.com/watch?v=-dB0h1vJTwA

Got a good chuckle out of that one

Tank combat just isn't that fun.

Anyone ever play Seek and Destroy? Really early PS2 game. It's weird as shit, a tank combat game with a Final Fantasyesque presentation. Tons of tanks and customization, from AP focused cannons and rocket pods to chainsaw turrets, jet wings and nuke launchers.

ISO is like 90MB and a toaster could probably emulate it, graphics are PS1 tier. Could probably find it for a cent plus shipping on Amazon or something.

It's fucking unknown so all the screenshots are blurry as fuck.

Haha yeah as a kid my tech-illiterate uncle knew I loved videogames and randomly bought me this game for my birthday.

I didn't like it.

battletanx n64 emulator netplay.

Oh shit. I think I played that. Wasn't one of the bosses a giant plane or something?

how is this shit not automatic yet? literally why is it necessary for some dude to sit there and pass a shell from his right side to his left side

I think so. And the final boss is some weird tank monster thing.

That's fine, it was kinda janky desu.

>Are we stuck with World of Tanks and War Thunder forever?

Pretty much unless you're willing to spend 150 bucks on Steel Beasts and get a no shit tank simulator game, and not a game pretending to be a sim.

It wouldn't be too difficult to whip something up.

nintendoworldreport.com/news/8929/3do-sells-off-game-properties

It is unclear who got the rights to Battletanx.

Red Orchestra 2 is still the best tank crewmember simulator there could ever be.

youtu.be/UnTaD4Syrlk

Some tanks do have auto-loaders.

Notice how he's wearing NBC gear? He is definitely not at top speed.

The Nips got way better box art desu

>1942
>not hanging out with your bros in a comfy T-34

All of the screaming from my brothers in arms just came rushing back...

autoloaders can be big and cumbersome and if they get damaged, it makes your tank useless

just having a guy do it is a bit more failure-proof. it's harder to rattle a man apart with non-penetrating fire than it is to rattle an autoloader into sticking or something

some tanks do use autoloaders though

They look like a couple of stiffs.

Warthunder meets them all.

Brothers In Arms had some decent tank gameplay, even if it was just ordering one around.

>the tank is still okay but theyve been blown to pieces

literally how

>Is there a tank game where you have an actual crew rather than just yourself?

ARMA
Steel Beasts
RO1/2

Red Orchestra is a great game but the armored combat is extremely limiting and not all that fun seeing as 90% of the time you have an incompetent crew

Want to drive yourself while playing as tank commander? Enjoy "LEFT, RIGHT, FOWARDS" every second in your ear

A slug penetrating armor will create a lot of shrapnel, mostly small armor pieces. That shit will shred people.

How do you take out a modern tank?

Some shell types like APCR don't have an explosive filler so they'll just penetrate oneside, any crew/machinery in the middle and then go out the other side.

Even explosive shells might not fully penetrate and spall metal scabs all over the crew inside, or penetrate one area and just melt whatever or whoever is in that part of the compartment.

Most tank kills are not going to be catastrophic explosions and most fires will start slow allowing crew to bail out.

Depends on a tank.

Has anything taken out a US-fielded Abrams yet?

Heh
haha
hehehehahahahahah

How autistic do you need to be to get annoyed by tank voice commands but not by crawling and trench warfare that is 90% of RO2?

Place an IED on the road to mobility kill it. Come back and set it on fire once the crew is evacuated. Or just wait for the Americans to hellfire it themselves.

Autoloaders aren't perfect, and aren't even necessarily faster than a human. They also require you to put your ammo in specific places, which limits how you design a tank and makes it more vulnerable. And the extra person can still do things while not loading, mount a different gun or watch out from a different view, help with repairs or moving shit around, just general use. It really depends on individual doctrine and a bunch of different factors.

AMX 13 is a really good example of when an autoloader can work, the thing is tiny because you don't need as many crew members, and conversely you don't need to train as many people.

The force of an explosion is concentrated on where a round penetrates, then expands outwards. This first creates a hole in the hull where the round goes through, and depending on the type of round can create an explosive wave that will fuck up the crew. An explosive shell that doesn't go through the hull will still cause a massive impact and the force of that alone can kill you.

Do they use photogrammetry to create them?
They look so realistic right down to the tools attached to the sides of the tank

A shtload of them in Iraq, actually. One by a 12.7mm machinegun, even.

>having no friends to play tank bros with

i pity you my man, you can be my mg gunner

Friendly reminder that free to play is a cancer created in response to rampant mustard piracy

Well, that and microtransactions are a nice continuous money stream.

Why not crossout?

It's robocraft for big boys.

A whole bunch of m1a1s have. 20 in the just in Persian gulf war. Not sure about m1a2s thought

more like f2p is publishers need to please share holders

>wargoyim
>public company

for like 3 months maybe. it's just a front for russian mafia activities. that's why they're based on cyprus

I understand how tanks get rekt and all, but that tank looks pristine inside aside from the gibs. There's nothing in the image telling me that the tank has actually been hit.

And especially how are they fucking shredded but the player taking the screenshots is okay?

The most intense tank combat in a video I've taken part of is being in the Panther Ausf G in a map called RO_Der_Zoo_Bunker_V3 in Ostfront 1941-1945.

Hell, Ostfront in my opinion was the best game in regards of Tank Combat.

Not only did you have to be on the look out for enemy armor but motherfuckers will stroll up on you with Satchel charges and Panzerfausts.

Probably a penetration through the right frontal side with a slug and shrapnel fucking up the machinegunner and those behind him

From the camera angle you can't see the front of the tank. It could be full of holes. The dead guys are the gunner and the radio operator, the one looking at them is the driver. It's possible rounds penetrated one side of the tank and not the other.

Or maybe the game doesn't model things that well.

Because this is what happens when you have an autoloader and get penetrated.

>yfw I was a m48a5 driver in myconscription.

How can you guys even forget warthunder. It's AI, but you still have a crew.

top attacking rockets/missiles are the hottest meme right now, as are IEDs to disable their tracks so the tank can't go anywhere to do anything useful.

>US-fielded
this is the more important part. IIRC they leased some M1s to Iraq and one or two of them were lost to enemy fire.

The difference is that the US has better training and better doctrine to not let their tanks get into compromising situations in the first place. Armor is nice, but it's never completely impenetrable.

In prototype phase there were plans for autoloading abrams, I think there was even one with crewless turret like armata, but burgers wanted a guy to reload a gun anyway.

yeah because magazine hits NEVER happen unless you have an autoloader, no siree bob

it is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to kill a tank that does not have an autoloader in it

World of Tanks isn't a tank simulator.
War Thunder and Armored Warfare are tank simulators.
Men of War is also bretty gud with the tonk simulation, if you like RTS games of course.

the vast majority of tank kills are the crew being killed or abandoning the tank; the latter of which usually happens after the tank is rendered immobile, but still technically functional, like a tread broke or a wheel was damaged or some shit.

Tanks are kind of fucking invincible compared to everything else used in combat, it's the operators that aren't. I remember reading something about an M1A1 that was abandoned in the middle east during the Iraq or Afghanistan invasion. The tank was just immobilized IIRC, but the military wanted to destroy it to deny the enemy it, and the stuff they used on it before it was finally deemed 'blown up enough' was fucking ridiculous, like A10s and Apaches firing missiles at it and shit. It was a really absurd amount of ordinance needed.

its easier to break a human body than a fucking tank.

>mfw T-55 commander
1v1 me m8 I swer to christ

>take a photo of a tank
>everyone inside it has their legs spontaneously explode

You're LESS LIKELY to have your turret sailing to the moon when you get hit if you have proper ammo stowage. Not a fucking ring of shells surrounding you.

I know it's sad, but this is still the best tank game.

>War Thunder and Armored Warfare are tank simulators
You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Forgot pic.

checki brecki didn't penetrate mother land tenk kommerade :^)))))))))))))))))))))))

But A10s are a shitty meme that don't even fire something equivalent to what they strap on humvees and IFVs, and apache rocket pods are just 40mm rockets

what if you
bear with me
what if you
had
a different configuration

Balance in war? The whole point is to overwhelm and take advantage of weakness.

You're what's wrong with war

>giant ammo carrossel in middle of tank feeding autoloader vs heavily armored bustle in turret separated by blast doors

Nah but it usually is a lot harder.

>AHARHFHAHFHR AFWARF BARR FWHAR FBABR FHR AHRF R A I SUCK COOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

>it necessarily has to be a carousel of exposed ammo
>there is LITERALLY NO WAY to design a magazine otherwise
ok then yankee

Because contrary to popular belief being part of a soviet wave of soldiers and getting either killed by your commissar's pistol or the German MG42 while charging the trench is fun only if you're lucky enough to survive.

Too slow, even little girls are faster

Are you ok, user?

>war

>video games are war

kill all americans

Empires mod had real fun tank combat

>upgraded fire control
Still won't fix the shit autoloader design desu

I bet you could just destroy your hand with one of those.

I remember Men of War had a really good section in the beginning that's just you controlling one tank against like a whole assault of infantry and armed vehicles and shit. I was really bad at that game but it was cool as hell.

What's on the far right? Early model Challenger 2? It's missing the cyclops eye.

robocraft died when they turned it into a fucking moba. Up until then it was my favourite fotm

There was more than just the A10 and Apache but I now realize that you're just shitposting for some fuckin reason so I don't even know why I'm bothering to respond to you.

Chieftain

There was never a time where the Robocraft devs weren't fucking up tremendously
Avoid like the plague

Different configurations are still not ideal. They take up more space, require more armor around where the ammo is stored, the complex mechanisms of the autoloader itself that need to be maintained and serviced, and the tank itself and it's turret need to be designed around these specifications which gimps your ideal design. All so you can forgo the training of just one crew member, big fucking woop.
>JUST DO IT DIFFERENT DUMB AMERIFAT
There is no ideal autoloader configuration.

I remember the tank he's talking about. An accompanying Abrams put three or four rounds through it and that still didn't render it sufficiently dead.

I don't remember what they used to kill it, I think they might've jury rigged some shells to blow the thing apart.

>play RO2
>realize that ammo stowage in a T-34 literally consists of "the entire floor is ammunition"

The god damn loader had to stand on crates of shells because they couldn't be fucked to design actual stowage. That's terror, right there.

My bad m8. I read your post as far left because I'm a retard. I have no idea to be honest

Tanking can be rough.

Some early warplanes had a similar situation where you were just sitting on the fuel tank and you had to hope there wasn't so much as a spark around you iirc.

I'm fucking terrified of tanks because it looks like it'd be so easy to lose a limb.

>There is no ideal autoloader configuration.
There is no ideal situation where you're sitting next to several tons of fuel and powder in a warzone.

Goddamn those fucking watermarks.

I wish posting anime was banworthy.

The Sherman and the T-34 were tanks that sacrificed much for the holy trinity of tanks and maximum mass production. They were essentially AT guns on tracks considering their opposition.

Russian tanks are notorious for causing loss of limbs from the autoloaders.

Far more terrified of being inside one when the ammo cooks off like in There's a webm of a modern tank that gets posted sometimes that's much more spectacular.

Wrong site for that m8

I say this as someone who doesn't really care for most weebshit.

>>>/neofag/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/anywherebuthere/

Ho,y shit how slow can one person get?

>step 1 git gud
>step 2 play planes for money
>step 3 gold is free if you're gud

I have won over 10k in gold just for being good at the game with gold wagers. I've gotten 4 prem planes for free and 3 tanks for free

There are situations that are more ideal than others.

having a dude that loads is just safer for the entire crew and the vehicle itself.

>conscript armies

>Waah he doesn't like anime on my VIDEO GAMES board waah

How about you fuck off back to Cred Forums?

World of Tanks is fun tho, just a grind if you don't buy premium

I just looked into this site to see what their deal is and holy fuck, what a goddamn scam

>$240 for a five minute HD clip
>literally thousands, maybe millions of these clips

Until the dude gets tired and starts loading too slowly to be useful

>bbbut an autoloader might get hit and EXPLODE EVERYTHING
the tank in general might get hit and explode. maybe it won't even need to explode. your loader man getting sprayed with molten metal probably won't be very good for him

fucking kill all americans.

This is why college is so expensive. Every part of the chain is interested in nothing more than maximum possible profit.

wtf, how did this happen? It looks like it fired but something fucked up on the inside, but it also looks like it was hit by something. Did the guy running away do it?

Why are the tanks just sitting there, why is that one's turret sort of moving, why anything, I'm so confused

I hope there are US soldiers inside

Does War Thunder's ground forces have autoloader tanks yet?

Stop defending your retarded anime shitposting.

>quoting me on things I didn't even imply while getting upset because someone posted anime
Are you autistic perhaps?

Hit in the rear by an ATGM which detonates the shell in the breech, causing it to fire. The rest of the fuel and ammo subsequently cooks off, guy running away was the only member of the three man crew still conscious and able to bail out.

ATGMs user. Better get some reactive armor.

Iraqis.

They are not even Russian. Also are you surprised that companies are based in offshores?

>There is no ideal autoloader configuration

>This is why college is so expensive.
lmao only in the US. in other countries, education is pretty darn cheap

kill all americans

I doubt it. American use abrams with depleted uranium armored. Everyone else gets shit abrams

Edgy.

>on topic
>shitposting
wew

I see their ruse, honestly. Everyone either puts up with the watermarks which gets more people going to their site, or they buy the exorbitantly expensive footage which is so expensive because if it was cheap someone would just buy it all and host it elsewhere.

They probably make most of their cash off of networks looking for quick stock footage to put in the latest WWII doc.

I'm pretty sure the ring of shells was mentioned as a kind of shitty, dangerous idea by several posters.

What I want is a tank game either like war thunder or Men of War's tank gameplay, with a campaign like that one in company of heroes or a dynamic one like in the IL games, but that will never happen

>ring of shells
>with armor around them
if you get hit in the magazine in general, your tank is going to get fucked, autoloader or not. Are you retarded? Are you an american? Fucking yankee. Kill yourself immediately.

>my epic 2d moeblob waifus are superior at tanks XDDD
>I'm liek not shitposting gaiz!1

This entire thread is white noise shit. Pictures/videos of tanks are not video games.

ugly tank tho

I miss the all the old custom maps for Red Orchestra.

There were some great large ones for tank battles. Nowhere to do that in RO2.

Not him, but I'm an American with little to no inclination towards self-termination. How does that make you feel?

What kind of complex autism do you have? Why do anime girls in a tank trigger you so badly? It's a tank webm in a tank thread, so I'm afraid your autism must yield this time.

>Sperging out this hard over a few seconds of video

it's also fat

It was your stupid shitty attitude about it. Have you ever considered that you don't have to consistently go out of your way to be a faggot, 24/7?

every tank is pretty in its own way, stop tank shaming

Do not bully T-14

Kind of want a Russian tanker helmet, it's gonna start getting real cold here and they look comfy as hell. Anyone ever worn one or should I ask the vatniks on /k/?

Clearly you haven't.

Curious how I'd like to ask you the exact same question. Why did you suddenly go ballistic when someone posted anime? You can tell if you have a condition.

So your solution is to make the magazine an even larger target?

>Until the dude gets tired and starts loading too slowly to be useful

His job is to lift heavy things over and over again. He's not gonna get tired any time soon. I understand that being physically fit might be a foreign concept to a fatass neckbeard, but please understand.

I've worn one when I served and I must say it's the comfiest shit, even if it makes hearing hard. Just make sure you get the real thing with real wool and leather and no repro shit.

Amen.

>ywn roll out in your Tigers/Panthers/Jagdpanzers with your bros again

No other game captured that mass tank battle feeling so well like RO1s custom tank maps.

When people design shit like this do they intentionally make a fucking face out of the front?

Posting best vehicle in video games ever

Because the only people who like anime are faggots, so I'll ask again, do you go out of your way to be a faggot 24/7

I know they do with cars: family oriented stuff like minivans have "friendly" faces while sports cars are more aggressive.

I could definitely see tanks and military vehicles having 'faces' meant to be intimidating on a subconscious level.

You're fucking mentally retarded.

I can only wish you the best of luck overcoming your illness. Have a sympathy (You).

Actually yes, how did you know?

Maybe you should leave the site founded for people who go out of their way to be faggots 24/7.

I checked Amazon after ebay (which had the legit stuff) and this made me laugh.

why that tank have the nazi cross?

dont know why but Panther was the sexiest tank of all WW2!

the curves, the shape, the specs

You stop that.

It's German.

Kill yourself.

Did no one seriously stop to think that having a small woman doing the heavy lifting wasn't that great of an idea

Because Merkel reinstated naziislamist germany

Didn't you know?

>tanks launching over hills and getting totally sick air time

I thought this kind of stuff just happened in video games, irl it seems like that could really mess something up.

>apply guide bacon gun to bad guy
>apply all missiles at singular bad guy

Greatest way to make the early erginus missions fun. But I generally just enjoy the 30+ gigantus, They're nice and nippy with a cool engine sound.

what the actual fuck

It's fine.

This is their goofy tank olympics or something, right? Does it have translated commentary?

No, it's just for local propaganda

>Does it have translated commentary?
I don't think so.

Ariete

>the way the camera shakes when it hits the ground

You know tanks are heavy when...

I want more games with early war tanks.

World of Tanks has plenty but most of them suck thanks to powercreep and painful tier 3/4 matchmaking.

I think it's more likely to be the shock wave from the cannon fire.

>implying

ro2 lacks the variety of tanks that ro1 had, if the devs could bother on adding more tanks the moders would make the maps

If you liked WoT, you'll like AW.

Mechanics are pretty similar but when you're dealing with tier 3-4 and up it gets really different based on what materials and defenses vehicles use.

Is it dice roll bullshit? Do tanks have an HP bar or do they have individual parts and crew that have to be taken out to get a kill?

>All so you can forgo the training of just one crew member, big fucking woop.

And save on volume and ergo weight

Better question when will we get a good new 40k game

That's not a panther

WW1 tanks were so cool

you now remember that you somehow used to drive AND aim with just one joystick

and you were damn good at it too

yes it is you dumb nigger

It's world of tanks with new mechanics for modern ammunition and armor types.

Still dice roll damage numbers, still HP bar. Killing the crew is easier than in WoT thanks to autocannons and many lightly armored vehicles but not to the extent that it happens in War Thunder.

If you don't like the core gameplay of WoT, you won't like AW.

>Jagdpanther
>Not a Panther

Matilda's are just the best shit
>2pdr peashooter
>3 inch thick armour
why

>Jagdpanther
What the fuck are you smoking?

Why do a lot of things user.

>he cant identify an export abrams

>not making your gun so big you can just club other tanks to death with it

> Fucking old people
You're only doing it because no one your age would touch you.

The first clue being that it's on fire

>That triggering
So that "gg ez" thing isn't a joke? Overwatch players are fucking pathetic.

>When some Sherman thinks he's hot shit

>tanks
>when modern ATGM's exist

have fun being useless and dying

>When some American shitbox thinks he can snipe

As said, but once you get used to what armored protects against what shells and what shells are best against what tanks it's not much of a problem.

>hot damm i could use some pizza
>pizzahut, this is sgt kelly requesting pizza at following grid
>3655 3055, over

muh krupp stehl

88 best gun

>air dropping pizza.

>no systems dedicated to maintain barrel position regardless of the movement of the tank
>all that effort put into hydraulics
lmao

>crossout
because I smell what the rocks cookin

just hop in a panther and let the bias work in your favor comrade

>not realizing thats a 8-digit grid
son we are going to shove a pizza on in box and launch it from a howitzer
if you look closer the acutal grid is a little west of Baghdad

arma have runied me

to makes things even worse the turret did not have a rotating floor so the fucker had to walk around and follow the turret whenever it rotated to reload it

is that a terrible, tiny screenshot of bzflag?

The T-34 didn't really sacrifice that much, besides ergonomics.
It was easily the best designed tank when it first came rolling out.

>Sherman
>hot shit
Is this a pun?

systems to maintain barrel position despite displacement from terrain while in motion same systems not apparent; less accuracy when shooting while moving what I'm saying is that while the south koreans develloped fancy hydraulics that likely increase the maintenance; production cost and lower durability the Russians used a computer to just adjust the barrel for movement automatically; and the K2 hydraulic system appears to be less effective at the job anyway

Also that snorkel is retarded; every other tank uses the barrel as a snorkel for a reason

>fixed barrel
ech
may as well have field guns

Gotta get that low profile user.

>fixed gun
yeah low profile and unable to hit jack shit
they should invest in bmp´s instead then

How do I get gud with the tiger 1?
I grinded for days trying to get this thing and I keep getting my shit pushed in by everything else

A
G
L
E

Angle your armor, stay at a distance, aim for weakspots (that 88 works wonders if you hit the right place. It can 1 shot most tanks, even IS-2s), and don't trade shots with other tanks. If your position can't keep you covered then move.

Angle your armor

>world of anything
>good

i thought it was general knowledge that people do absolutely NOTHING but shitpost online after getting out of the military.

>When your 88 thinks that it's still an AA gun

Are you kidding? Stugs were some of the most effective tools of WWII. Don't be fucking stupid.

>I am a retard

Tank destroyers aren't used like tanks dipshit, used properly they were extremely effective vehicles

>In 1943 and 1944, the Finnish Army received 59 StuG III Ausf. Gs from Germany and used them against the Soviet Union. Thirty of the vehicles were received in 1943 and twenty nine in 1944. The 1943 batch destroyed at least 87 enemy tanks for a loss of only 8 StuGs[7] (some of which were destroyed by their crews to avoid capture).

It's cheaper, fool proof, makes ammo storage easier and being a loader makes stronk as fuck people.

Loaders wanted to keep loading, they loved being strong, they loved trying for that world record reload.

problem is, that stuff should be public domain

if we must go low then at least copy a freaking hetzer design, now thats a low rider
besides guess what made rommel aka the best tank commander so much better, hint: rotation

>oh snap he´s on to something, better call him a retard!
denied, the STRV-103-S is for all intents and purposes its a god damm tank
sure it can in fact move a little around but the main purpose of tanks is the ability to destroy enemy assets from direct fire paired with threads to work on almost any terrain and is imprevious to anything but dedicated AT weapons and bomb
even if you manage to stop a modern tank it can still woop your ass at least 1 click away and much further if it have to

>fins
yeah and guess what, the fins were fighting to keep the russians at bay, try attacking an area with a gun which can only do slight elevation changes
again >fins

they literally aren't for what you're talking about, it's like you're bitching that your hammer can't cut bread

>Best tank commander
>Rommel
That's a funny way of spelling Guderian.

Yeah, I more than agree, it pisses me the hell off on principle.

If I was a 1337 h4x0r I'd get all the vids somehow and put them online somewhere.

was the red light a targeting system? If so, why did it blew up immediately?

They might supplement their tools with photogrammetry, but I think there's just a healthy amount of slav wizardry, as many of the vehicles in the game no longer exist, or only exist as restorations that are missing original parts and such.

They did update their engine to use PBR a while back though, which improved the looks significantly.

It's a missile user.

while the US soldiers get cancer? Like they always do

>saluting
>but also and erection

this is no longer pod racing

short term survivability is generally more important than long term survivability, particularly when you're getting shot at

Sometimes Russia seems like a pretty fun place.

The red light is the tail end of a missile.

>tanks are field guns
im going to to repeat this one more time, tanks are for shock and awe, its fuck you on tracks
a tank which cannot aim fast and hit is a dead tank on a modern battlefield

nope Rommel still #1
but Guderian did a great job of assisting with the revolution of tank warfare

Lol. Tank got erect and shot one off when she shoved the round in it's pooper.

b8?

Depleted Uranium doesn't cause cancer unless you somehow get it into your body without whatever brought it into your body killing you in the first place

To get cancer from DP armor the armor would first have to be badly damaged enough to be pulverised and then you would have to either inhale a significant quantity of contaminated dust or get hit by fragments that caused non lethal wounds

Obviously if you're inside the tank when this happens either it hasn't penetrated, in which case you won't be exposed to any of those things, just possible spalling which is much worse, or it has penetrated, in which case you'r likely dead anyway

Its a good thing that a tank destroyer isn't a tank then isn't it

>tank destroyer is a tank

No.

Posting more S-Tank.

>Good tank game
>No infantry
Pick one.
Imagine an ace combat game without ground/surface targets.

You just reminded me of that /k/ user who got his hands on some depleted uranium and then proceeded to swallow it.

Chipotle is working on drone delivery burritos so airdropped pizza isn't too far off

Funnily enough I enjoyed that setting even if I ended up dying in the process. Granted there is a lot of people and action going on in your surroundings at an interesting location and not just a small puny group getting BTFO.

I remember Plantside 2 in the early days before they locked maps and changed the crown. A mass of people would gather fight for the crown in Indar.

Tons of infantry fighting an uphill battle from multiple sides while the defenders try to hold ground fighting a battle of attrition for hours and hours on end.

Tanks sitting back lobbing HE, aircraft swooping in for strafing runs and dog fights over it. Desperate attempts to storm the fortress with suicidal drop ships and armored troop carriers trying to get a good spot to deploy for infantry to spawn.

The defenders had a massive advantage but it was fun as fuck fighting on either side. The game is not that great but it had its moments.

wait, soldiers slept in destroyed tanks like that?

Please kill you're self
Please go get some standards

Warships is pretty good. It's biggest downfall is that their need for each ship to be as close to its real world counterpart as can be leaves some unavoidable balancing issues.

I AM THE STRELOK

Yeah, and they slept deep in the mud after getting a trampoline bounce from the enemy tickle artillery too.

It just poops out the casing. How adorable

its still classified as a MBT, fuck off with your tank destroyer bullshit
yes it was designed to take T-64´s on however that does not change its type
i refuse to "discuss" this any further as im talking to a pair of rocks

lol! yeah no silly anime tank girls in our mucho manly tank thread! no girls allowed xD

Amerilards are in denial about the effectiveness of autoloaders and continue to defend using a human loader instead because they're collectively a bunch of unimaginative morons.

Russians are pioneers of autoloading technology and the new T-14 pretty much blows whatever the west has out of the water. It's like having a 6th gen fighter while everyone else is still using 4.5th gen

Ok bro, we get it, you just discovered the autism insult meme. Congratulations on your find.

They were good because Germans were always on the defensive.

Even the modern versions sold to the saudi's have been booty blasted

your excuse that they're just export models that get blown up has been disproven for literally years now.

Can the tank crew really do anything?

Real talk with proper infantry helicopter support would the missile get interrupted?

what?

>Russian tanks are notorious for causing loss of limbs from the autoloaders.
No they fucking aren't, lol

>Samefagging this badly

>better training and better doctrine

Right there in the post.

Everyone knows Arab culture is ill-suited to contemporary warfare. Tribal tensions still abound and knowledge is social power with them, leading to situations where the commander of a tank unit would keep the knowledge of basic tank operations to himself and fuck the rest of the unit when killed or pulled into government for not being entirely incompetent.

Saudi's got DU armored abrams and still get BTFO by ATGM's

Face reality you delusional amerilard: Your tank is not fucking invincible

Probably something to do with depleted uranium that shit is nasty.

>a game where you can fly in the vast expanse of the sky at incredible speeds
>chooses to crawl about in the mud with his boxy bomb-magnets
How's it feel to be so boring?

"citation needed"

That took the hit pretty fucking well

This isn't Cred Forums, this is /k/.

It can look identical to the untrained eye, but I assure you they are distinct entities.

>Source: my dumb European ass

Saudi tanks are no longer American.
They instantly lose divine quality as soon as leave our blessed hands.

The eyes are part of the active defense system, it tries to shine so much IR light at incoming infrared guided missiles that they're blinded and can't hit the tank

I had high hopes for Armored Warfare but they are dumbing it down and are getting rid of the base feature.. I rarely play it now. Shame since I grinded all the way to the Challenger 2 ATDU.

youtube.com/watch?v=k3QBq-owwZ8

>American's Abrams suffer very few combat deaths
>mud people lose them like they're going out of style

Why?

The faster they go the harder they explode.

>no one saw the prism

Also, Since operation flashpoint in the pentium 3 era you have a realistic way to do tank battles.
>inb4 1 man controlling this entire tank

Yea there's been docs about cancer and birth defects in Iraq where depleted uranium was used.

This. People don't say God Bless America for nothing.

>Still dice roll damage numbers, still HP bar.
Then it's shit

how much does it cost to buy a tonk for personal use

> Depleted Uranium doesn't cause cancer (...)
I thought it did, like a lot of other people
theguardian.com/science/2007/may/08/cancer.medicineandhealth

Nah, I'm okay with anime. I just hate retarded shit like that.
Seriously go get some "standards"

You don't need a big gun and lots of armor when you're just killing infantry.

A gorillion dollaroos

In the soviet union, you could buy chassis without the turret for farming use in the last days when the collaps was about to begin.
And even for not that much money.

In america? you need to be arnold.

It lets him talk to the tankers without having to climb on top with a wrench to clang on the hatch

>unique and balanced
That's impossible with historical tanks, as the drawbacks aren't present in the game(manufacturing cost, maneuverability not showing its full might in these small scale engagements). The only way you'll get balance is either ditching weight classes and going all MBT as real life did, or throwing realism out the window, making up and vastly exaggerating weaknesses and strengths appropriately.

You can get a T-55 for like forty grand.

go away with those facts im trying to convince people its a hotline to pizzahut
also why not just grab your 152 and call them?

>those gas tanks on the right
>all those non-metal parts
>cannon has no z axis
Shit/10

That's because in the T72 the crew sit in the turret surrounded by ammo

In the T-14 the crew sits in an armored bathtub at the front of the tank with armor plating between them and the ammo. The turret is fully automated and unmanned, so if the magazine is somehow hit, they all survive.

Wow good thing you're here user i almost believed it was a phone to call pizzahut

Well Well Well, Chromehounds returns. I fucking loved that game

No one cares what you hate lol

Actually, Cold War doctrine had exactly that happening as obviously infantry can't do anything in an irradiated hellscape - but such a war never came to pass. Would have been an interesting time to see how tanks operate without infantry anti-tank weapons being a factor.

IIRC most of the crew in made it out just fine, the tank was truck by the Pershing from the side and 4 crew members got out only one of them died as he was hit directly by a shell as he tried to escape.

You can find the full video on Youtube about 10min~ Colonge Tank Battle

Because they're fucking retards

Doesn't change the fact that a tank is a tank and the abrams blows up just as easily as any other

If your importing to the west good luck. you need licenses and proof that it's decommissioned or your allowed to have an armed military vehicle.

I remember hearing a story about an American collector who was trying to bring a decommissioned russian ICBM (I think it was an early soviet Topol) and customs freaked and held it for 7 months, apparently they charged him a fee for holding it while they checked it out too.

Jokes on you retard, it actually is a phone to call pizzahut

For me, it's War Thunder

>being this triggered

>cannon has no z axis
Suspension fuckery.
>those gas tanks on the right
Why not? It's just some extra fuel strapped on.

As shitty a situation as that is having your tank getting turned into a barbecue, you can at least see people walking away from these.

>>those gas tanks on the right
Those only stays during transportation. In a battle this shit gets stripped down of course. It's pretty common thing.
But yeah, that tank is fucking terrible. I have no idea how shit like this got approved. Tanks without turret was considered as outdated design already in ww2.

This is user is somewhat correct.

During the Invasion of Irak M1 weren't threatend by ATGMs, the biggest threat to them were T72s which were completely inferior to them.

The M1 Abrams that were left in Irak or sold to other Countries also don't posses any kind of ARAT meaning they are extremely easy to knock out with modern weaponry

Also mud people dont know how to tank properly

Not really an expert so if someone wants to correct me feel free.

well to be fair it was a fucking ICBM

Saudi's have fully upgraded modern abrams and still got fucking rekt by ATGM's

T-72's aren't completely inferior to abrams either, they were just used by complete morons in the stupidest possible ways during all the middle east wars. Abrams would've got fucked up just as badly had they been parked and buried in defensive positions instead of used as actual tanks

I would do the same if I was capable of it

That shit should not be hidden and restricted from the public like that, these people aarent even the original owners of the footage, they probably bought up a lot of that footage in bulk and then inflated the prices. Bastards.

Nice toilet paper

If BattleTanx got a remake you can bet the feminists and sjws would throw a fit at the part where you literally rescue the princesses from rival gangs.

With your tank

Good memories, I still remember that hard as fuck bridge and tunnel mission

>Design what could have been the first step towards mechs
>Instead make a platform with a gun on top

Fucking britbongs.

Ergonomics, crew awareness, crew tasking, and targeting sights were all bad on the original T-34/76. It also lacked a radio in early production. the /85 fixed some of those problems, particularly crew tasking (finally had a dedicated loader) but they never quite fixed the ergonomics, which sucked for crews in long drives (part of the reason the soviet tankers liked lend-lease tanks).

The Sherman's drawbacks were a result of their engine choice, they used an engine not optimized for the task to smooth out production with other vehicles, as such the tank ended up being fucking huge. Thankfully for the crew, that huge height ended up giving the tank good ergonomics, but that height made them a more conspicuous target.

>They were essentially AT guns on tracks considering their opposition.

Their primary opposition was much of the same. An American, British, or Soviet tanker was way more likely to run into a Panzer IV than any of the big cats (Tiger encounters are overstated by tankers who mistook an up-armored IV for a Tiger), and the IV was pretty on-par with the Sherman and the T-34/85.

Yep, that "Why Arabs Don't Win Wars" article by the US military commander was a real eye opener.

>RO2 when people actually vote for a tank map
Best online tank combat as of today

and then fuckers will rape me from side

I like the "SECRET" signs in the pictures.

thats not arma

Arma's tanks are bland as fuck, might as well play RO1.

>Seek and Destroy

one of my favorite examples of 'mericanizing the boxarts

The funny thing is high doesn't event look that much better than ultra low on your screen shot, it just has more clutter

US population is pretty much dead

The grind fucking sucks

PVE is pretty much the only thing going for it

>I'll never have another amazing screenshot.
kill me

Don't need to because Russian tanks have autoloaders

You have a crew but you do everything yourself...

>See a tank on the edge of the map
>Range in 2000m
>explodes on the first shot

>90% of the time you have an incompetent crew

I love massacring tanks as an anti-tank gunner. It's like being a big game hunter. The tank is the most dangerous enemy in RO2. The tank has two machineguns and basically a sniper rifle that shoots satchel charges.

>mud people lose them like they're going out of style
>Why?
Because video related is how they fight. They'll literally roll towards the enemy when their vehicles are disabled because they're so eager to die. youtube.com/watch?v=aM3ElTvF52I

On the bright side, I did just stumble across 57,000 free to watch historical videos, watermarked though they may be.

I just started playing armored warfare and I got up to tier 4.

I was surprised there was no premium ammo or that you don't even need gold to buy camo and garage slots.

It feels like there is MUCH less RNG then WoT too.

How optimized is it? Is there a chance of running it on the toastiest of toasters?

They're starting to install active defense systems to detect the missile and shoot it down mid-flight, kind of like what's on ships.

>feeling good for shitting on a tank that for some ungodly reason is in that bv bracket

The idea is that your supporting elements would help spot the danger before it becomes active, or attacking likely laces that the danger is at before you get into range while you attack things that are a threat to your support but not to you.

War Thunder is rush to try and capture a point. It's nothing at all like his image.

oh heeeeeeeeeeeell naw, its a fully crewed tank and its the way it should be

Do the export Abrams still have the blowout doors up top keep the cook off flames from reaching the crew cabin?

You can have a fully crewed tank in RO2 as well

unlucky comrade))

Wasn't War Thunder supposed to be like BF1942? When are unified tank/infantry/air games coming?

dont cover modern tanks and their systems though not to mention RO2 does not feature ACE and TFAR

*whfffff whhuffffff ffffffpfphphhphp ffffffff*

Land/air/sea in probably two years

No infantry

seems okay but I'm not on a ultra toaster so I wouldn't know.

here are some chinese tanks:

youtube.com/watch?v=ynfT682q1F8

Sure but if we're talking modern tanks you might as well go play steel beasts
I'm perfectly fine with using WWII tanks
>ACE
>TFAR
Why are either of these relevant? You don't need complex radio systems in RO2.

Honestly, 1942 was more realistic and better made.

All the way down to the jetpacks.

Just needs those damage systems applied to tanks.

I think the plan there was for them to provide a brief distraction while the guy in the bomb car drove into the compound and detonated. Obviously the bomb car guy failed and they were sitting ducks.

It's a shitty plan, but how else do you take an elevated fortification in the middle of a flat plain with no armor, artillery, or air support?

>ACE
first off ACE adds the FCS systems to the tanks and a bunch of other features but thats most relevant part of it

>TFAR
places garbage default voip and makes teamwork happen a lot easier, i consider teamwork a lost cause without it or ACRE
also just a heads up, TFAR is not complicated to use, set up correctly (which takes 30 seconds at most)
have you ever played as a part of a effective team with more than 10 people working together and coms were not congested?

>first off ACE adds the FCS systems to the tanks and a bunch of other features but thats most relevant part of it
Not really relevant on WWII tanks.

>places garbage default voip and makes teamwork happen a lot easier
Squad level communications don't happen in RO2 though, it's not going for that level of realism.

Also I already use TS3 when I'm playing RO2 with friends so the audio codec isn't an issue for me.

>TFAR is not complicated to use, set up correctly (which takes 30 seconds at most)
I'm not saying it is, just by RO2 standards.

>have you ever played as a part of a effective team with more than 10 people working together and coms were not congested?
RO2 isn't that kind of game though. Usually it's only a handful of officers who carry their teams you don't need that level of coordination to win.

Have you tried Battlezone? The graphics are super realistic and 3d!

Yes, but those doors don't actually protect you if the thin metal frame between the magazine and crew compartment is penetrated by the projectile in the first place

Red Orchestra 1 and 2

we cover the whole spectrum though, i dont think RO2 can do anything arma couldt, dismemberment was removed due to BI´s decisions to make it so, the actual milsim software (VBS3) DOES have it
im not looking to shit on RO2 here, im just pointing a few things out also anything is simple compared to arma, thats just how it is
sure we are not DCS complicated but we still scare newbies off when ACE and TFAR is mentioned.

Why is it shit?

Wasn't just the floor that was ammo, was also some of the walls too. Russian tank design was basically: "Ivan, how do we cram more ammo into tank."

They basically wanted tanks that could run for very long times with out having to stop at a depot to rearm/refuel. This makes sense considering most of Russia has nothing but trees, grass, and maybe a bear taking a shit in some ditch.

no? this is a vehicle game, not infantry

the most you're going to see are the already existing Air+Tank battles and Air+Ship battles, the devs have said themselves that a battle type involving all 3 classes is highly impractical

Remember playing shellshock when I was a kid.

WoT with those tanks also has the problem when they have multiple guns like the B1 or the Lee.
B1 can't use its main gun in the body and as a result doesn't have the firepower it should have.
The Lee has the opposite problem where you can't use the turret and thus become a shittier TD with no cammo value.

Well first off, find good cover. Then angle yourself when you peak out

From what I hear the Abrams is actually pure shit, and not designed properly. I heard it was designed for one specific thing and its kind of weak in all other cases.

source
what is exactly wrong with it

if the Abrams was really shitty, why is it still being used by Americans since the 80s

far less pathetic than retards that you that tend to hate things because they're even remotely popular, then tries to use memes to cover your retardation i'd say kill yourself, but you've probably already fucked that up

some European is gonna complain that it doesnt have an autoloader.

Still waiting on a game that uses more than 2 people to properly crew a tank. It'd be great to see the amount of coordination with bros to tackle objectives and enemy tanks. One player acts as the TC, drawing on the minimap for the driver to navigate, highlighting targets for the gunner, and then communicating with other TCs. Would be fucking hectic as fuck as well without it being fast paced as at all too. That and make it all fictional so you don't have to fucking worry about historical fucks and wehraboos bitching about inaccuracy and shit.

arma have already been mentioned, yes up to up 4 people
or how about some IFV fuckery?

Eh it does have issues with being only useful if you have a massive support structure behind it. Its not particularly fuel efficient, not to mention its one of the few tanks in the world today that uses gas and not diesel. Also when one gets fucked its not easy to repair.

Fine for the US which can provide that support and logistics for it.

It was designed to fight in Europe against the Russians where they would be taken to the battlefield on trains and only have to run on their own power in the fight. Today they are used in a desert where they have to drive everywhere so they need fuel trucks everywhere for them. Also that turbine it runs on doesn't like sand so it needs alot of air filters.

Combat-wise, however, its fine.