Let's think of interesting status ailments. I'll start:

Let's think of interesting status ailments. I'll start:
"Neutral." You no longer care strongly about anything one way or the other. Every thing you do is cut by half. Half damage output from attacks, half recovery from heals, half damage taken from enemy attacks, half turn speed.

Overly sarcastic: -2 reaction
(hidden effect)
All dialogue choices now count as the exact opposite

Fucking dumb.

Thank god none of you make games.

>glass him

Sounds more like an apathy status

Forgetful

Places for items in inventory have changed positions and menu options too

Then you think of something, doodyhead.

Inventory gets scrambled every time you close and reopen it.

Privilege Check

Turn order of attackers and enemies is assigned according to the progressive stack. White cis male characters lose a turn.

>Kamikaze
Once you commit to fighting an enemy, you cannot retreat.

Increased sequence, melee damage, and agility but reduced dodge and accuracy.

Short term memory
Nothing is marked as "explored" anymore, any chest you open will look as if you never opened it, any room you leave will immediately be blackened as if you were never there, any enemy statistics yoy learn are forgotten at the end of battle.

>what is provoke

"Dubs": puts a fucking end to any thread

Actually kinda like this one. Pretty original. Don't have any amazing ideas off the top of my head so I'm just bumping for interest. If I see one I like I might put it in my game.

Nauseous

Your character fucking vomits all over the place

Gloating: +10 dodge, can't attack for 3 turns if you successfully dodge 3 attacks enemy attacks weaken, if you get hit during this time, your attack falls while the opponent's rises

You know like all that anime shit where the bad guy is too busy showing off how he can't be hit then gets raped and is dumbfounded how he got hurt

Fear Monger.

Every turn, the afflicted character mentions a status ailments that no one in the party has currently. Unintentionally, other party members come down with that ailment.

How about a phobia ailment that is like super-fear, but you can get a buff if your character heals it before the effect runs out?

Ghetto:
(passive)
Higher chance of successful drug deals.
Increased flyness.
Intimidation +20.
Always ready to throw hands with a nigga.
-10 in intellect and 34% chance to fail intellect increasing instances.
Auto agro on similar color npcs.

Fuck off Cred Forums

That's a good one.

Fuck off "Henry"

Fuck off anonymous

Ether:
(16x activation)
>Roast a nigga in a rap battle.
>End a nigga's career with complex multi-syllable rhyme schemes.
>20% flow and rebuttal ability for 3 minutes.
>20% increase on freestyle ability for 3 minutes.

>Vertigo
Reduced Accuracy (Less so with melee attacks, more so with ranged attacks)
25% chance of skipping your turn

>Concussion
Reduces Int and Dex

>Dislocation
Become unable to use either Left Arm slot or Right Arm slot.

>Cold Sweat
Reduced Accuracy and Evasion

>BO
Reduces Cha, dramatically lowers success rate of negotiation and other social skills until cured

>Fedora
Reduces Wis/Faith, unable to cast Spells

>True Neutral
You're forced to alternate between good choices and evil choices.

Only way to cure it is to grind memory mini games.

Curious
Will always trigger any traps they come across just to see what they do, may also skip a turn when afflicted by something just to see what happens

>CURIOUS IS THE TRAPMAKERS ART

Bi polar: highest stat and lowest stat are comstantly switching.

>School shooter
Chance for crit up 50% for under 16 year olds
- 50 Reputation

>PTSD
Well rested perk duration halved
0.5% chance of attacking random party member
Reload time shortened by 10%
Reduced disadvantage if caught while resting

>Furry
Dogs can join party
Settlements and companions will shoot you on sight
Animals are romance-able
All dialogue in game changed to "yiff".

Clown's Curse: the character inflicted with this status ailment will not stop saying shitty jokes for as long as the ailment remains. They will also make a honking noise whenever they are hit in battle.

But that would be hard.

"Sadist"
Seeing your party members hurt increases speed by 10%

I think hypochondria is a better term for that.

Whenever someone else comes down with an ailment, so do you.

I like the simple ones.

I thought of calling it that. But hypochondria is typically caused by internal anxiety. While this particular ailment causes the character to cause anxiety in others.

Sleep deprived: Speed, dexterity, and damage are lowered, and you may get knocked out for a short period of time. Only removed when you find a place to rest (i.e. an inn).
Inflicted very rarely after several hours straight of gameplay.

If that had been a Cred Forumspost it would have said nigger instead of ghetto.

Extremely Competitive
Kills are now tracked, whenever this person has more kills than other members they have a chance to miss a turn to boast about it, if someone else has more kills, their attack and speed is increased immensely at the cost of everything else, including any hidden stats, will also shrug off buffs from other members beating him

Leprosy
Over time the character will begin losing certain stats and abilities. Eventually it will get to a point where the character will be unable to do anything and would be better off dead. Getting hit by disease attacks speeds up the process.

Bipolar: Fluctuates between two states, manic and depressed. Lasts for a long time and cannot be cured, only mediated with items you must buy and keep stock of constantly. Manic Heightens INT and CHA greatly and attack speed doubles but may damage party or yourself randomly. Depressed slows movement speed and may drop turns or inflict random status ailments, but enemies frequently hesitate to attack you. Party heal spells have a 50% chance of targeting you instead even if they targeted someone else and the spell also has double effect
Double DEF but loses special attacks.

You caught Feminazism!

No damage to females, +200% damage to males

but if everything is half then nothing is

>Pathological
You gain a +2 bonus to all speech rolls, but you must pick a [LIE] response whenever they are available.

Bees: a rare breed of parasitic bees has taken your body as a home. They constantly sting you and and surrounding party members causing you to lose HP if you do any form of attacks. Eventually grow into a beehive if not treated which gives your attacks bee ailment (bees sting enemies as well and spread the effect) along with having honey constantly added to inventory.
You are banned from entering shops while in bee status effect

Pessimistic
Damage dealt and recieved is halved, critical hits are less likely to happen.

sounds like something from COC

Addicted
Using the same ability increases it's damage as well as its cost, using a different move gives you withdrawl, reducing attack and making you skip a turn

Lazy: high chance to skip a turn, upon skipping a turn, manipulate another character to go again

Crunch Time
Get 2x actions per turn, but at 0.3x stats.

Paranoia:
FoV and hostile enemy viewing increased.
Flinching chance doubled and fake enemies appear on the mini-map.

Panic- attack or speed +20%, accuracy -20%

Gay: Not allowed in certain bakeries.

Isn't that in LISA in the form of Joy?

Wouldn't know never played it but it does sound like something that would be in the game

You mean
>Gay: Other characters think you can fly

>no food analogy at the bottom
>no smug anime girl at the top

It is, pretty much. Joy makes you super strong for a while, but if you don't do it often enough you'll get withdrawal and normal attacks do no damage.

New kicks: You can only do moves that won't potentially get your shoes dirty. Taking damage causes you to clean your shoes for a turn. Cleaning can happen on anyone's turn. But if it happens to be your own, then your turn is skipped.

>Faggot: Debuff durations cut in half

Being neutral doesn't mean being a fucking pussy.

Mad Max was neutral.

So when you press a button, you're only half-pressing it? :^)

I don't think neutral is a good word, but neat

I'd think neutrality would make a character skip turns and watch. Hitting them causes them to join the opposing side while healing them or giving them items moves them to your side. Both you and enemies can take advantage of this while neutrality is active

But if you lack conviction, then you won't be as effective as you could be.

>far sighted
Depth of field is reversed