1 hour

>1 hour
Huh, this is neat. Those fire keepers were nutty.
>10 hours
This game is shit. The levels are so bland. The combat is so slow. What the fuck am I doing in Drangleic anyway?
>20 hours
It's getting better, that last area was cool. The PVP is implemented nicely. The game is still shit tho.
>60 hours
Was that the ending? Why didn't I get a choice? This game is shit
>70
I'm starting the DLC. This game is still shit.
>140 hours
Fuck me this game is perfect.

Has any other game grown on you the way Dark Souls 2 did with me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=12jhL4Kt-zg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I played Dark's soul 3 on xbox, is dark's soul 2 any good?

The original Witcher back in the day

Very pretty game (for the time) but some parts of it made me go aight fuck this like the midsection of the game where you go from point a to point b with like five loading screens

But even with the shitty voice acting the music and story kept me coming back

Go into it as unbiased as possible. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't.

>70
>This game is still shit. DLC is coming out soon but fuck paying more money to make a game worth a single replay

Is it worth coming back to a game I haven't played in over 2 years just to check out the DLC?

there is a meme floating around that dark souls 2 dlc is good.

do not fall for this meme.

same here

I outright hated it at first, especially the combat since with the over the shoulder camera you expect something more Gothic-like.
After switching to the bird's-eye view it basically turned into Diablo with timed hits and a hint of rock paper scissors and was MUCH more bearable.

I suppose Men of War qualifies.

>first mission
>no tutorial, no nothing you're pushed into the fire and the first mission literally starts with your soldiers being shot at and suffering losses
>slowly learn the UI and mechanics
>meh
>not too bad I guess
>game is brutally hard
>still now aware of a lot of mechanics
>second mission is probably the hardest one in the game (defending railyard again waves of german armor and infantry)
>SPEND 8 FUCKING HOURS beating it by progressing with a snail's pace, saving dozens of times and reloading even more
>finally win
>realize I lost 8 hours to beating a single mission in an RTS game
>THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER

Sunken City is easily my favorite area of any Dark Souls game, amazing atmosphere and fun as shit to play through. They all have great bosses and the areas are really fucking well designed and implemented save for few fuck ups here and there (I'm looking at you Iron Passage)
Pirate them if you are unsure.

My biggest gripe with Shulva is the cave of the dead trio.

Really bullshit to solo.

I can solo them, but I *am* going to need a bit of luck to kill the first one, no way around that one.

Really love the level design of that zone though - tough it probably would have been more fitting in a King's Field game really.

this

so much

Probably Crusader Kings 2. After more or less 50-60 hours I got a good grip on how to play the game properly and it made the game much more enjoyable.

Honestly I cannot explain what kept me going for so long.

iron king smelter cave is so much worse

>Really bullshit to solo.
eh I never really had issues with them
takes some time and it's asinine and awful fight but it's easy as shit
run laps, run to the archer, get few hits in, reapeat until he is dead, then kill the 3rd guy who outruns havel and finally fuck up havel
but one of the worst if not the worst boss of all of Souls

Well, I'm on full mage build, that might make things a little harder.

But really if I can't manage to lose at least one of the others - and that's pure luck whether I manage or not, at least couldn't say why sometimes I can and others I don't - before I get to the archer, I can't deal with him

>acknowledges blatant flaws
>"it's perfect"

That's not how perfection works, retard.

It grew on me when I realized A-team threw improvement it made out the fucking window in DS3 and made it fucking shit.
The only worse thing about DS2 is soul memory.
>B-B-BUT MUH STORY AND SETTING!
??????? Excuse me? You mean the nostalgia-pandering DUDE DARK SOULS 1 shit everywhere? It was nice, but it's literally all it has for it in this aspect

Wasn't very impressed with the game, but the longer I played it the more it grew on me. The DLC was fantastic and helped a lot with that, too.

Dark Souls 3 had the opposite effect, however... Great initial impression, but after that I just lost interest. I'll probably wait for the DLC to go on sale or something before trying to rekindle any interest.

>make DaS2
>people shit all over it, completely ignoring even the better parts because of the downgrade, ADP and SM
>make a near carbon copy of DaS1, assuming that's what people want
>people shit all over it for not being different enough
The fanbase is to be blamed, desu. They got their feedback and gave people what they asked for.

Iron Throne and Ivory King are neat, Sunken king is nothing but agony

The only real improvements were the changes in boss fights to be more like Alonne/Fume and shove breaking guards. Even powerstance was a shitty version of tricking.

Who cares.
BB > DkS = DeS >>>>>>>>> DkS2/3.

>DkS = DeS >>>>>>>>> DkS2/3
>I value muhatmosphere over good bossfights
Also
>DkS
kys

me
>1 hour
ehh meh, fuck those old women and what was that intro
>10 hours
This game is shit. The levels are so bland. The combat is so slow. What the fuck am I doing in Drangleic anyway?
>20 hours
>60 hours
>70
I'm starting the DLC. This game is still shit.
>100 hours
This game is shit why i wasted so much on this i hate ds2

It's the little things about DaS2, shit that makes me wish it was in other Souls games. Like refighting bosses, and clipping. Especially the clipping. Holy shit the one thing I dislike about BB was the clipping issues. And lack of challenge in the maingame. If you didn't do the DLC and Chalice Dungeons the game is pretty easy.

>implying ds2 had good bossfights

Friendly reminder: Anybody that liked any of the DS games is either: underage, a weaboo or a fucking casual normalfaggot

>implying bb is easy
>implying ds2 is not easy
what the fuck

DS3 just had too many similar environments, like Cathedral-like places and Forests. That's about it. The game grew stale quickly for me. I completed it anyway, but it was far less enjoyable than DS2 despite having better bosses. I'm really not holding any hope for the DLC, especially with how expensive it is.

You know how to tell someone has amazing taste?
A. They see a challenge in a game and are determined to beat it
B. They play the x of war series

I still remember being a kid and playing Soldiers: Heroes of ww2 and loving every second despite how badly it raped me. There was that mission where you get two or three tanks and then the entire German panzer division rolls up, and that one where you get one guy with a knife and have to infiltrate past the lighthouse (never beat that one), the mission where you have to take a small village with a handful of soldiers and a tank with 5 gallons of fuel left, fuck me what a great series. That's not even getting into the later games.

Still trying to beat bell gargoyles aren't you? Good luck man.

>Not putting eyes inside your brain

Everything is easy when you're a fucking casual Yharnamite shitbag

What mods do I need to get Dark Souls 1 running good on PC?

I always play my mage with a little bit of STR so i can two-hand a great hammer from splat attacks. Very useful against most enemies.

I am not implying DaS2 was hard, I was listing the two main faults of BB. Personally the hardest fight in the main game isn't a boss, but Crow of Cainhurst. I am having a hard time thinking of a boss that's hard outside of maybe Paarl and Logarius if you don't know about parry/charge attacks, or Ebrietas if you don't just stay on her ass and she uses that one attack. And even then Paarl and Ebrietas is a lot easier than their Chalice counterparts.

Dsfix
Dcm
Hd textures

>outsiders post on the same board as me

If they released DS3 after DS1 everyone would say that its a great addition.

But DS2 having some decent features which went missing in DS3 really kinda ruined the experience for me. I was looking forward to refights but at the end the only way to fight Pontiff or the Abyss Watchers again is NG+ or a complete new start.

DS2 handled that stuff decently. Why couldn't DS3 do it?

I'll never know what fucking magic the DaS2 dlc worked on other people that it apparently made everything better. It just seemed like more of the same shit, and the sunken crown was probably the lowest part of the whole game to me. Holy shit that gank squad boss has to be the most pathetic excuse for a boss in the entire series. The second one, iron whatever, had some halfway decent map design though.

only dsfix, and upscale it. High hes UI is good too.

>choppy as fuck animations
>enemies literally burst into treats
>console exclusive
Remind me why people care about this game again.

>The PVP is implemented nicely.
Everyone always says this about all the Souls games, but it doesn't fucking matter. Having a neat little lore explanation for every mechanic doesn't change the fact that online play is laggy, with tedious matchmaking and game breaking bugs.

The only real "competitive" Dark Souls community is the speedrunning community.

Dark Souls 2 is just garbage. I cannot fathom the sporadic difficulty. At the beginning of the game I thought it was 20 times harder than DaS, but then it becomes a snooze fest. When I rest at a bonfire the groups of enemies I just when through becomes completely different. It honestly felt weird as shit. I got destroyed at Iron Keep, but after smelter demon it became easy as shit.

>start playing
>wow this game is really hard , like WAY harder than dark souls, and i have like only 1 or 2 estus and limited shards
>finds out that i'm on the covenant of champions
>leave it
>game sucks and its super easy, can see how shitty and flawed it is now that i'm not busy trying to not die anymore

t. nu-male neo-Cred Forums shitter who can't play games for shit

Not really bro, pretty good at SoulsBorne probably better than you. I think there is a problem with your level design when you backtrack and face four enemies at a time instead of one. I guess SoTF couldn't completely fix the enemy placement problem.

>sunken crown
>lowest part

>SoulsBorne
BloodBorne doesn't deserve to be in this discussion. It was a silly little side game nothing more.

>SoulsBorn
>bloodborn baby better than anyone at anything

no shit sherlock

Same. It's not like I grew to love the combat or the MMO quests, but the game definitely took a hold of me in a way I didn't expect and was one of those experiences that I had a hard time letting go once I had completed it. I almost quit when I saw the model for Zoltan.

Buying Demon's souls because "I heard it was a good RPG, I've been wanting one of those" and then proceed to playing it blind with no expectationas and getting my shit handed to me by those dogs and burned to a crisp by the dragons on the bridge. But then in the end I managed to get to the tower knight and defeat him and it was the most satisfying feeling. Then I realized I could have teleported to different levels and stones and all that. Just not knowing about backstab abuse made the game play a lot better and I've been wanting htem to remove it ever since I was told you could do it, but instead it became a series staple.

Demon's Souls bosses were really good, they were all unique, most of the bosses of ds2 look just regular enemies with a hp bar(some of them are literally that), I didn't felt good killing any of them other than that one that looks like Garl Vinland and the Glass knight.

SoulsBorne is used to describe the full series of Souls games rightfully including BB.

>rightfully including BB
Sonygger please go.

Play 1 first. It sets the foundation you need to experience to understand.

But to answer your question, no.

>Playing a game you hate for 100 hours.

It's the best Souls game.

I fucking love DS2.

The beginning was awesome, middle kinda lost the same magic, end sucked until the DLC came out.

I like the beginning so much though, the areas are well designed and also connected in ways that make sense. Tons of choice in direction to go and weapon to choose.

Covenant of champions is a must though.

>why didn't I get a choice
Every Souls game with multiple endings is like that. The "choice" is fairly non-obvious. On top of that DS3 has the SUPER SECRET SPECIAL ENDING you have to do a bunch of missable shit for.

i quitted and started many characters trying to give the game many chances because i really like dark souls 1

>The combat is so slow.

DS2 is faster than DS1

Well fuck me I thought the OP said 3 and not 2.
Yeah 2 not having a choice is kind of weird, but at the same time it's not all "hurr durr link da fire" like the other two are. Your goals are different, you're trying to escape the curse.
Your "choice" is to put down the controller and walk away. Kind of like how Bioshock is "DURR HURR YOU HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING I SAY" when you don't have to, it's just you're basically going to quit the game if you don't

>DS2 is faster than DS1
ahhaaaa hell no

This game is shit. They even decided to make crystal lizards drop their loot instead of giving it to the player automatically. Garbage. Pure garbage.

I thought this too until I replayed DaS1 with a low weight fast rolling build.

I thought I was playing DaS3 with how much I could abuse dodge spam and iFrames. This combined with finally learning how to parry most enemies made the entire game a cake walk.

much faster

Dark souls 2 is pure trash.

Dark Souls 2 was ONLY GOOD for the Zombie Escape map

>Zombie Escape map

Go on....

>BB isn't a souls game
Come on user don't be so bitter.

Dark Souls with Zombies

youtube.com/watch?v=12jhL4Kt-zg