So I'm thinking about pickin up some Shin Megami Tensei/Persona games on psn. Which should i buy?

So I'm thinking about pickin up some Shin Megami Tensei/Persona games on psn. Which should i buy?

Nocturne, DDS and the Raidou games.

post best girl

Okay.

>Persona 2
Some of the worst gameplay in the franchise without any kind of challenge

>SMT Raidou 1
It's pretty bad

All the others are great

Akshually, Persona 2 Innocent Sin is the easy one (and you can still bump the difficulty). Eternal Punishment is actually challenging/grindy.

They're definitely worth it for the story.

ok i'll see if they're all available for me... i'm a fuckin brazilian

will it fuck my experience if i dont play it in that order?

I know P2, P3FES, P3P, P4, P4G, DDS and Nocturne are available because I own them here. Don't think the rest is.

Not really, play whatever seems most interesting to you first.

Persona
The one with the cape detective
Nocturne

The rest isn't worth it

Okay, maybe Raidou 1 isn't that bad, but playing 2 first completely ruined it for me.
The sequel is just a huge improvement in every way, at least regarding gameplay

OP here. I was thinking about importing apocalypse, should i or would it be dumb without having played smt iv?

>if you're autistic play SMT 1 and 2
Better than SJ nigger

Some of the games on PSN have issues like audio sync problems in cutscenes. They're playable, but it can be annoying. The Persona games run fine on PSN outside of frame drops in one scene per game, plus P4 can sometimes delete a save file when you try to save. Not an issue if you keep several save slots.

Not dumb. It doesn't even follow from one of SMT IV's endings, though it's closest to the Neutral ending.

Start with P4/P3, they are the most new-player friendly. P4 has chie who I assume you're a fan of from your post, P3 is an arguably better version with no direct commanding of party members. If you have the option, P4G on vita is a complete upgrade of P4

well considering everything and the fact that i can buy only 4 games, i'll go with something like this

Ditch P4 and get DDS2 instead.

Very good choices, but you won't be able to play them straight after one another.
Or at least you shouldn't or you'll get an Atlus overload

i'm not saying you're wrong, but i really want to play p4. I think i can get dds2 next month, i'll be ok, ty

I'm not that into turn based gameplay actually, i only play jrpgs for the story. Should i ditch nocturne for dds2?

Don't believe him and do get P4. I'd say P4 and P3FES are the only two you must get, the others are up to preference.

I loved the second game, but I think it the graphics look a little worse in comparison to the first game

really the only complaint I have though
I'm glad to see them recommended, they get ignored fairly often

>I'd say Nocturne is the only you must get
Fixed that for you.