Why aren't you playing the most solid, most polished, most fun rhythm game of this generation?

Why aren't you playing the most solid, most polished, most fun rhythm game of this generation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VsYLIg67pYo
youtube.com/watch?v=ViA_hkn7lNE
youtube.com/watch?v=EEW-LDZft4E#t=3m32s
youtube.com/watch?v=MjMNX_FVbnE
a.desu.sh/uzbnct.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But I am

>weebshit

>Describes IIDX perfectly
>Posts Osu, which is the exact opposite of the post.
?????

Op here. Why the fuck does nobody reply to a thread about an actual video game? Do we really only care about toddposters and memers?

Because Osu! is a garbage game with a shit scoring system, mediocre gameplay, doesn't require much rhythm, and is far inferior to many other modern rhythm games. In addition to that, most rhythm game discussion goes on /jp/ because all the good ones are exclusive to japan.

Even then, you'll be laughed out for liking Osu.

>Why isn't my bait thread getting replies????
Because you posted boring bait, retard.

Try an anime girl with fat titties smirking instead.

game is ogre

noone will ever top this score

youtube.com/watch?v=VsYLIg67pYo

Scoring system can be adjusted to not include the "combo = multiplier" crap they do, and I do agree, the drain isn't so great, but I dare say I'm having a ton of fun with it. Most other rhythm games I've seen require specialized controllers, while osu a KB+M is sufficient.

Because at the end of the day, it's a fucking rhythm game.

I only play SEGA rhythm games.

And? It's a huge market. What do you mean "just"?

Osu! literally is the "Poor man's" rhythm game.

Also man IIDX is too fucking popular, as much as I LOVE how fucking polished and GOAT everything about it is, I wish DDR was more popular, atleast there the skill ceiling isn't dominated by people who are double-jointed or have carpal tunnel.

>liking the , spyware FretsOnFire version of 10/10 game series

Epik cookiez 800 le pp play

Anons...
Osu! IIDX, Sound Voltex, DDR, Project Diva, Taiko, Superbeat Xonic and every other rhythm game are the most fun rhythm games because all rhythm game are fun. Please, stop fighting.

>Comparing IIDX to Osu!

Are all IIDX fans this pretentious? There's even an IIDX mode in OSU!

I am

Is dis nigga serious?
youtube.com/watch?v=ViA_hkn7lNE

Dude i play osu but osumania is a fucking disgrace

Reminder that IIDX has the greatest UI/Menu/Sound design of any rhythm game ever made
youtube.com/watch?v=EEW-LDZft4E#t=3m32s

Fuck I hate high level osu, it's 90% memorizing the fucking songs.

But I do play it user, I'm just at a point where every map I download has the 3.5-4.5 problem of 3.5 being too easy for me and 4.5 being too hard and unenjoyable currently with no in between

Reminder that DDR/Popn are the only rhythm games that are good at high level, as long as barhuggers are banned.

Why not play a real rhythm game that doesn't have a shitty difficulty ranking system? There's tons of competitive rhythm games out there that are all far superior to Osu, and also have difficulty rating systems that are rather consistent.

Pretty much any bemani title got you covered.

>being a circle clicking casual
standard is for faggots

Because I lost my fucking pen and now I have a tablet with nothing to use it with.

I hope this post is a joke, because you are so wrong it hurts.

Anyone hyped for 800pp play

What? It's commonly accepted Osu is a garbage game. He's completely correct, what are you talking about?

It isn't 5thMIX anymore grandpa, pretty much every high level song requires you to use the bar to not do shit

>doesn't practice AR 10 maps

Just kys desu

You can argue that it's a garbage game, sure, but to suggest high level players need to memorize maps in order to play them is pants on head retarded.

People can consistently do level 17's barless though, and others can do level 18.

Only thing people haven't been able to do barless so far are any level 19's, but even then you can pass Paranoia Revolution with a C.

Besides, it's Konami's fault for churning out garbage charts where the difficulty is literally random jumps and BPM gimmicks.

>He doesn't play a real rhythm game
wew

Can you get this iidx game on pc? Can't find anything

Nigga I was trying to get into IIDX with the ps2 games but I fucked up my finger at work making it legitimately painful to play, which is a shame too because it's fucking fun as hell

What always makes me chuckle is that the majority of faggots who shitpost IIDX/BMS elitism are shit at those game too

Because I don't fully agree with your assessment of it's qualities.

Barhugging is literally "I've got a weak spine, core, and hips, because I'm a gay faggot who gets pounded in the ass and doesn't know how to breath or do situps, so I'm just gonna put all of the power and strength it takes from my core and put it all into my arms, effectively damaging them but making the game much easier."

Barhugging is cheating, straight up. There's no justification for it, all of the skill and difficulty from DDR comes from your core and your hips. Moving that into your shoulders not only damages them, but it also gets rid of all the skill you need to play the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=MjMNX_FVbnE

What's equally if not more funny is that Osu!fags actually think their game is good.

help how do i git gud

play a different game, preferably IIDX/DDR/Popn/SDVX

When did things turn exactly? I remember Cred Forums and Cred Forums having regular Osu threads

The people who feel the need to shit on osu! in every rhythm game thread are always the cringey kids trying way too hard to fit in and think installing LR2 or having a sows acc somehow makes them part of the cool kids club. I hope you understand how pathetic this makes you look. If you weren't fucking shit at VSRGs, you would be playing them instead of wasting your time telling people on Cred Forums they're playing the wrong game.

I already play it once in a while.

I'm bad at rhythm games. That and osu's interface just feels unresponsive, I can never tell when I'm actually hitting things.

when the game got too popular, same as everything else on Cred Forums

it doesn't help that half the players are casuals who just want to play anime OPs all day

2weeb.

rhythm games are literally for autists

Cred Forums and Cred Forums liked it because it had potential but abandoned it because the devs appealed to the mainstream audience and didn't fix the shit game.

post ranks and pp

70k shitter here with 1870pp

>Being slightly off time for a moment blows up in your face and songs are designed to be visually cluttered and confusing
>Have to do entire song all over without any other means of practice
>Fun

It has it's moments, but since most of the songs are j-pop on crack it kinda loses it's sense of rythm

Anyone wanna play online?

I like lots of rhythm games, and I particularly like Osu simply for the fact that there's more motion involved in the gameplay than typical rhythm games, which usually have you just hit the right buttons at the right time. I like how there's more freedom in the map design, allowing for some really fun and creative beatmaps.

I've never seen a game community as hostile as the rhythm game community towards Osu players. The irony is astounding considering fundamentally, every rhythm game is the goddamn same exact thing. You tap things in time with the song. The mechanics are so incredibly shallow in each and every rhythm game, it makes me cringe every time I see people bickering about them. You're all playing plastic instruments to shitty jpop. Get the fuck over it you cunts.

Anyway, all rhythm games are pretty much the same and have more or less no skill ceiling due to the community's mapmaking making more challenging maps as the top players continue to get better. Let people play what they enjoy playing.

64k. just jumped from 1900 to 1975pp, trying to grind out that 2k

DDR is still better

Hosting game
Game name: Cred Forums-Autism and memes
Password:Rage

>Let people play what they enjoy playing.
Basically. Not having autism and the mental age of a teenager tends to help.

nice b8 fag

Community is cancer and full of weebs. Bunch of fucking casuals.

>tfw rank 15 on one beatmap
only like 1,000 people played it
i'm still proud

I've been playing Stepmania occasionally since last winter, and I'm still shit at it. Never really played any other rhythm games.
What are some better games in the same genre? I have a tablet, so I might try Osu.

38k with around 2680pp , I fucking hate to farm pp and Full Combo so I just die a lot to 6-7stars and I'm becoming bored of the game

post profiles

you guys do play standard right?

People don't hate osu for its gameplay, they hate it because of its scoring system, shitty community, and the shitty beatmaps that come with that community.

And of course it's the osu player that thinks that rhythm game music is just jpop. Play something other than osu for once.

>I like lots of rhythm games
You are welcome to read the rest of my post at any time.

How do I get into Beatmania? What am I supposed to buy at an entry level?

I would play it but controlling with a mouse is shit and the best way to play it is to get a tablet or drawpad which I don't own.

While we're on the topic of rhythm games, what was the best Guitar Hero game?

I think a good mouse with a perfect sensor is better than any tablet. But that's just my opinion.

Where do I get the best weeb songs?

Just looks like an opinion to me.
I mean, I like osu, but that's overselling it a lil bit isn't it?

too bad all of the songs are weebshit

>Play a game with blatant botnet
>"but it's to make sure your not cheating!"
Taking screenshots of my desktop and process list to check if I have cheat engine running for some shitty weeb game isn't justifiable in any way. This game, it's followers, and it's main dev can all go suck a dick.

t. Chrome user

how about we post webms instead

standard is shit

a.desu.sh/uzbnct.webm

I don't play rhythm shit
I don't play weebshit
End of discussion.

It is THE definition of "easy is too easy, hard is too hard".

How the fuck do you play DT

Shit's so fast, 240+ bpm easily

>play every day
>still a 100k shitter
I've basically given up trying to FC and now I just play 4-5 star songs

I've been playing this game casually for 6 years now, it's still fun. Tried other rhythm games but I can't play them for longer than 10 minutes because the constant horizontal/vertical movement makes me wanna puke.

Also can't agree with the complaints about the scoring system. Aiming is important in this game and any score that's not an FC is pretty much worthless anyway.

>5 star
>100k

with what accuracy? I'm 18k and struggle with 5 stars sometimes

Usually 86+%. I know a lot of people would consider that shitty, but I find it more enjoyable than doing 3.5-4 star songs repeatedly until I FC them with 96+%, because I tend to choke a lot.

I don't think that's the right way to improve in this game.
Try plays that give you PP, aim for high acc, get a good skin, turn up hit sounds and pray to tillerino

profiles where

Because it's shit.

Because it came out a decade ago

Playing Lunatic Rave 2

All I fucking want is a VR plugin for Osu! to play Taiko with my HTC Vive.