Is this the best voice acting performance in videogame history? Christ this takes so much dedication to your role

Is this the best voice acting performance in videogame history? Christ this takes so much dedication to your role.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/atCXULYZZHs?t=872
youtube.com/watch?v=a2LNl0iklkA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VKhpE-oNoGY
youtu.be/vGtaeF9yX4o?t=7m8s
youtube.com/watch?v=OBSj4PIsYx4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not really.

Uh no? If this was played by a 5 year old girl that had the ability to change her voice to this, then yes it would.

Not saying its bad but its an old white dude that sounds like an old white dude

>implying

This game hurt because all the best character got bad ends.

Nah.

Did you not play MGS2

nigga go back through the game

the reason it's so monumental is because he has this slight hint of robotic-speak throughout the entire game, and there are hints to it in almost every conversation pointing towards how he's not the real colonel. It's incredibly subtle yet perfectly captures how we can't see the difference between human and machine unless it is directly shown to us these days.

examples pls

Is this an off shoot of "not an argument"?

what?

if you don't have any examples just say so

Every time colonel talks

La-li-lu-le-oh

not that guy, but for example, whenever Raiden asks questions the "Colonel" falls back to the exact same line: "Focus on the mission, Raiden."

You fucking fag. If you're going to speculate and put forth opinions you damn sure better be ready to back it up.

Listen to him anytime he gets angry in the game, he instantly puts all of his processing power towards support of completing the mission, never shows any remorse or feeling as he did in MGS1, it's very subtle but it's there throughout all of his dialogue, man.

No.

Maximilian Roivas is the best voice acting in a video game.

Period.

show us an example of the colonel giving any emotions except for anger whenever Raiden questions the mission or questions the colonel about snake who is "not part of the mission"

I wish people on this board could form their own opinions and not verbatim quote matthewmatosis

So what happens when someone gets BTFO like this? Does he stop posting?

this is common knowledge that's on the fucking wiki, no one's rubbing their dicks over some failed youtuber

who got BTFO?

What are we saying that's MM worship and not common knowledge?

what are you guys even talking about?

So what, now that everyone has called your bullshit you're pretending you didn't say anything?

> HATE. HATE.

As great as Colonel's performance is, there's better ones out there.

>colonel is revealed to be a robot
replay game
>colonel acts like robot

You don't have to sit down and watch some autist review and talk about the game to come to this conclusion. You simply must not be born a retard

I don't give a damn what that piece of trash said, do you get me?!

I'd say Kain is good too.

>RAIDEN! SNAKE IS NOT PART OF THIS SIMULATION!
Anyone was suprised that the Colonel wasn't the cool guy he was in the first time? Like, he doesn't even show any hint of emotion towards Snake, even thought they were supposed to be friends.

I'd say Miller's performance in Phantom Pain was the highlight of the game

Yeah, it was the only performance along with Skullface.
Venom never talks and Ocelot is just Troy Baker.

>"SNAKE! GIT DOWN!! the enumy zniper. . ."

DELETE THIS

This so much.

>This is the enemy! And he's here on his knees!

God that line sticks with me. He was wonderful.

Paul... Brother Luther...

I always thought "the colonel" was so stiff and rigid because he had no personal connection to Raiden(like he kinda did with snake), who was just a random ass agent to him.
the way he reacted to Raiden talking about Snake did tip me off though

>Evil Brother Luther? Evil is merely a perspective that no longer concerns me.

This.

It fucked my head up as a kid when the Colonel was revealed to be AI. When everything comes tumbling down at the end, it really strengthens the image of Snake in the eyes of the player as well, as Snake and Otacon were the only two who you could be sure were 100% good guys.

As far as voice acting goes, Nier probably has the best I've heard.

Crush>headsplosion

MGS2 was my first so I found him fishy the whole time. Kinda regret it.

I AM NOW LOST TO YOUR CAUSE! THE DARKNESS COMES! IT WILL DAMN AS ALL!

Hey man I like Paul as much as the next guy, but that's basically his voice.

I actually liked Jay's voice more as Mortanius.

Dawn of war has some great voice acting. As well as hilarious ham lines

step aside, boys
youtu.be/atCXULYZZHs?t=872

Liam O Brian is a god

>Nier
my african american brother
Weiss was one of the best characters solely because of his voice acting

>there are hints to it in almost every conversation

I've never noticed this. The first time through the game no one will pick up on it, if it is true. I think you're just letting your mind fill it in since you know the truth.

This. Gabriel was stellar.

This scene from MGSV where Kaz flips his shit over Huey around 4:00 is probably the only good instance of voice acting in the game. But damn did Downes put some fucking emotion in that delivery.

youtube.com/watch?v=a2LNl0iklkA

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VKhpE-oNoGY

youtu.be/vGtaeF9yX4o?t=7m8s

MGS2 was my first too. I thought he just talked tough like that because he was an army man and I didn't question it. Now I want to replay it and look for clues.

watch from 7:08 if the timestamp messes up

No, but Paul Eiding is a gem.

>codec screen holds a gun to your head the entire time
fuck me

I noticed how Campbell was dull and nowhere near as personable as he was in MGS1-- Campbell and Snake's relationship notwithstanding. I'm also aware of the filter they had for MGS1's codec.

>He's not part of the simulation!

what am I looking at

MGS2 goodies.

I don't get it. where's Raiden hiding? in the corner of the room? do they not see them there?
also I don't remember search squads searching restroom stalls

It's subtle enough so that you won't notice it on your first playthrough. But it's very noticeable once you know it's an AI.

He kinda has a text-to-speech vibe to him, very monotonous and cold.

youtube.com/watch?v=OBSj4PIsYx4
0:38

This thread is so shitty. I think Cred Forums has reached a new low.

ineedscissors61 was my password for everything at one time.

He straight up murdered his servants who WEREN'T bonethieves after he faced the guardian. Not exactly a smart guy.

Digital Devil Saga has pretty neat VA work when you actually find out what the fuck is happening.

Other than Ciel, fuck that voice.

Fuck you bitch nigger ciel best party member ciel/leader otp
or did you just not comprehend?

>I've never noticed this.
He's noticeably suspicious. One you know he's the product of an AI, the hints are obvious when you replay it. There's a cold delivery in his interactions with Raiden, and the way he handles new information pertaining the mission is very mechanical. His attitude toward Snake is probably the most overt example.

He was better in MGS1 because he was allowed to have inflection.

When he said GOOD JOB in that weird tone after Raiden said he managed to avoid drowning, I got kind of sketched out and thought he was replaced by something.