Let's pretend for a moment that pile of shit 3D World never happened

Let's pretend for a moment that pile of shit 3D World never happened.
How does Nintendo top Galaxy and Galaxy 2? What could they possibly do now that Mario has gone to space?

Other urls found in this thread:

dromble.wordpress.com/2013/09/21/nintendos-frustrations-with-3d-mario/
eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-17-super-mario-galaxy-3-opportunity-as-hardware-technology-gets-better-and-advances
nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/wiiu.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dBmIkEvEBtA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mario 65 could top galaxy easily

You act like topping Galaxy or Galaxy 2 would be some kind of achievement.

Galaxy will never be topped because everyone want powerups that you can use at any time like the 2D games, but the situational power ups is the reason the Galaxy games works

They could make the next 3D Mario a puzzle game.

Nice b8

3D world was good.

The idea that its bad is hilarious and the worst spammed thread of the last 6 months

3D world was better than Galaxy 2

They did prior with 64 and after with 3D World

Both Galaxy games are really overrated

So people aren't allowed to have opinions?
lol

Its close but g2 is perfection

Mario in the DEEP SEA.

FUCK no

>So people aren't allowed to have opinions?

People can say whatever they want. I don't for a minute believe that anyone things 3D World is a "pile of shit" when considering the vast pantheon of every game to every be created.

It's just something lonely people say to get more traffic to their thread.

>le Galaxy 1 and 2 are masterpieces
They're more dumbed down and restrictive than Sunshine and 64 while also doing linear platforming worse than 3D Land and 3D World.

>SM64 uses generic mario level theme
>ZOMG BEST 3D PLATFORMER EVER 100/10

>3D world uses generic mario level theme
>0/10 FUCKING NOSTALGIA BAIT CASHGRAB LAZY

Its a pile of shit compared to every other 3D mario

pretty much this

>generic

What is generic about it? You have to go through the grassland before going anywhere else.

It's like being mad that you have to leave out your front door every time you want to go outside.

3D World > SMG > SMG2

All 3D Mario's are great. Prove me wrong.

>Its a pile of shit compared to every other 3D mario

I also don't believe that anyone thinks this either.

*proves you wrong*

Well you can stay in your delusional world where no one disagrees with you if that makes you happy

Super Mario 64 is the only good 3D Mario because it has memes.

3DLand is good, not great

Mario becomes a planet destroying being like galactis and goes around destroying the koopa confederation forces. Mario: destroyer of worlds.

You can play as bowser junior who is the last remaining hope of the Koop confederation. As bowser junior you must collect stars to power up and eventually become a god like Mario. You then fight the Mario and defeat the evil mushroom empire. Let the koopas be free!

Why do you find it hard to believe? It's a huge departure from the other 3D games so it's bound to have at least a group of people unhappy with it

And you can keep amplifying your general disinterest in a game in order to get attention if you'd like.

Seems to be serving you well.

technically all mario games are 3D cause the cartridge/disc exists in 3d space

3D World tries to be 2D Mario in 3D, but fails hard because Nintendo had to change everything about Mario to make Super Mario 64.

2D Mario needs to stay 2D Mario, 3D Mario needs to stay 3D Mario. Trying to mix the two just results in a game that's nowhere near as good as either.

This.

I personally love 3D World the most, but totally understand why others hate it.

I personally think linear Mario games play much better than "open world" objective based Mario games. In other words, I like platformng.

I honestly think the Galaxy games are the most overrated Mario games ever.
They're way easier than even some of the simpler 2D Marios, rely heavily on motion-gimmicks, and unsuccessfully attempt to be 2D Mario while retaining the floaty space physics. People go on about Mario in space being this huge "epic" thing when it's really just Mario on floating platforms connected by cutscene transportation.

I don't care for the ones on 3DS/Wii U, but it's weird that they get shit on for having platforms in the middle of nowhere while Galaxy gets a pass for doing the same with slower Mario movement.
I guess it's because the backdrop is space instead of clouds.

3D World also has a lot of questionable design choices, like having a run button in a 3D game even though there's an analog stick and having the run button the same as the grab button.
It also removed advanced movement techniques like triple jumping

I can see how it might fail to live up to someone's personal expectation of what a 3D mario game should be.

If they go from that, to "pile of shit" though, they're not to be taken seriously.

Ye. The only people that drone on and on about Mario are nostalgia babies imo.

prove him wrong

Most of those questionable design choices are a result of Nintendo refusing to ditch the Wii remote.

Am I the only one who never thought of 3D World or Land as a successor to 64/Galaxy?

I took one look at it and thought, "This is it's own thing. Got it. Cool."

Why do people want the same game over and over again?

Just replay Mario Galaxy.

I really wish they would quit pandering to poorfags.

Sunshine 2

Its fine to be its own thing but mixing 2D and 3D Mario creates a result that is not anywhere near as good as something thats pure 2D or pure 3D

This is so backwards. Isn't it good that they're not making you buy extra shit?

Not sure what other themes they could go with, they did a watery breachy sunny theme and a space theme, where do you take it from there?

Maybe a futuristic sci fi theme?

They already topped it with 3D Land.

how about a theme where you take mario back to its roots, the classic grass world to desert world to ice world, etc.

I don't get why people lump them all together.
64 is its own thing. Sunshine clearly builds on 64, but it removed some things while having a heavy emphasis on FLUDD. The Galaxies play NOTHING like the previous 2. 3D Land is obviously 2D in 3D and World expands upon that.

Not him, but I thought the result was better than pure 2D or pure 3D. I thought it was the best of both worlds.

I'm okay with Mario Robobot

Nope. I already bought a pro controller for other games. I don't give a shit about some poor faggot who only has wii remotes. Fuck him.
Besides, they make you spend plenty of money in other areas. For example the official Jewtendo LAN adapter is the only one that actually works with the Wii U. Instead of just putting a fucking ethernet port they make you pay an extra $25 for one.

Exactly.

I like that Nintendo does this.

If people want the same game over and over, Ubi puts out a new Assassin's Creed each year.

Are you being ironically retarded right now?

i'd rather have a sunshine hd to be honest
galaxy games were too linear and had a poor camera

Well its not.

Oh okay, you're right. Sorry for disagreeing with you.

The problem is that they accommodate the Wii remote by itself, resulting in stiff #-direction movement.
Everyone with a Wii remote is bound to have a nunchuk. Focus on the stick.

3d world is a multiplayer game. the broad level design really shines when you got 3 others to bounce off of

No. The directional movement is because of the nature of the levels.

3D Land is the same way.

So its only fun if you play it with friends?
That's fucking stupid.

Shit taste

Nothing since most of Cred Forums want to re experience playing Mario 64 again wuthout realizing half the appeal was that they were children when they played it for the first time

Not really, I had more fun playing by myself.

also, broad level design is never a bad thing. You have more room when playing by yourself which makes it more fun

>Miyamoto emerges to applause, wearing a red and blue Mario themed wetsuit. Spotlight follows him as he awkwardly waddles to the podium in a pair of flippers
>"Sanka you arr fo beeyneg heeya. Zees confarance, and za Neentendo NX, are all about za fahns."
>Applause
>"As you may have hahd, za team behind Super Mario 3D World ees hahd at wohk on anahza grand advencha. Baht zees time, as we shift za focus from Wii U to NX, we've decided Mario not exprore outa space, baht eenah space"
>Miyamoto gestures to the large screen, lights dim
>The clip reveals that the new Mario is set in the underwater world
>Mario is wearing a scuba and spraying backpack similar to FLUDD but it doesn’t speak
>Marine Pop replaces Starship Mario
>The levels are Mario 64 sized, encased in gigantic transparent air filled domes. Ocean mainly a pretty backdrop, very little actual swimming
>The outside scenery is gorgeous. Shimmering light effects from the water's surface far overhead, casting down rays, colorful coral reefs, seaweed, bloopers and SMW dolphins
>Mario is seen spraying water to connect an electrical enemy to a large screw. Water trail conducts power, large comical machine springs into action
>Mario is seen underwater, using neo-FLUDD to spray bubbles into a large iron bell. When it's full of air it rises, revealing a shine sprite underneath
>Noki are seen in chains, toiling as Bowser laughs
>Two torpedos slam into Bowser’s sub, revealed to have been fired by the approaching Marine Pop
>Luigi is piloting the Marine Pop. The next “torpedo” fired is Mario, wearing the FLUDD-type dealie, one fist forward, trademark "Wahoo" as he rockets ahead
>Mario spins, dodges torpedo teds, splashes up through lake shaped opening in the bottom of the dome structure
>Music reaches crescendo as Mario and Bowser pose as if to battle.
>"SUPER MARIO....AQUAAA! YA-HOOO!"

Thank you for posting this thread OP. It's wonderful, enlightening, and so interesting!

>when you got 3 others
The game is perfect when you play with ONE other person. 4 players result in a clusterfuck when it comes to platforming and already easy bosses being a joke.

No worse camera than Sunshine

That's not true, though.

-Takes place on the ocean floor at various depths/environments
-Most levels do NOT require swimming, are inside huge glass biodomes, although you can freely swim outside into the ocean through "moonpools" at any time.
-Overworld structure laid out like SMG2, except with glass biodomes instead of galaxies
-"Marine Pop Mark II" submarine replaces Starship Mario
-Each bio dome is unique and themed, like SMG's "galaxies"
-New ocean themed princess to rescue, "Aqua Kingdom" under siege by Bowser
-Koopa Kids return as captains in Bowser's sub fleet
-Bowser is defeated midgame, actual main villain revealed to be Tatanga
-New backpack gadget for underwater propulsion and breathing
-Also stores air, water, and any other fluid
-NX controller screen shows air/fluid tank levels, switches function
-Return of Big Bertha, bloopers, SMW dolphins
-Noki as NPC inhabitants of dome cities
-Forced vertical climbing levels where dome floods
-Giant eel returns as an ally
-Dire Dire Docks remixes
-Engine features dynamic volumetric water and air
-You can fill something with bubbles until it floats
-Or fill something with water to make it heavier
-Can make trails of water on the ground to conduct electricity from one place to another
-Menu screens on the pad are ripply water surfaces you can mess with using fingertips

Thats literally what you just said

Capping this. Giving a lecture on autism and think my students could really benefit from this.

>tfw Nintendo will likely never do anything new with 3D Mario and just rehash 3D Land/World.

I don't really fucking get this.
SMG1&2 are linear straightforward and more similar to SM3DW than SM64. Just because they have "stars" instead of poles don't make them any more exploration based.
I like both style, and I can understand how a 3D fan might hate SM3DW, but how can they praise galaxy at the same time?
is totally right
The formula was already dumbed down, as confirmed by interviews
repostan link to fuel rage for the anons who missed it dromble.wordpress.com/2013/09/21/nintendos-frustrations-with-3d-mario/

you keep posting this stupid autistic idea that you think is cool

That's literally not me

>Implying World and 3 weren't designed and made exponentially better by playing with friends

The only true open Mario game is 64

Galaxys and 3D World/Land are obviously linear

And Sunshine, while the stages were technically open, the objectives for each star were done in completelly linear way unless you wanted to be retarded and stray off the obvious path

Well is user correct or not?

>pile of shit 3D World
What? 3D World is better than the Galaxies.

Mario goes into an alternate drone soon where he's the bad guy and must stop evil Mario and teams up with beta Bowser

Does anyone actually enjoy underwater shit in vidya?

If you really think that all "linear" games are the same and if i enjoy one linear game i should enjoy all of them, then this would spam a really long conversation which i don't feel like having right now

>Most levels do NOT require swimming, are inside huge glass biodomes, although you can freely swim outside into the ocean through "moonpools" at any time.

*universe
Literally what the fuck

Mario jumps down instead of up

I'd like a city theme, with various cities being hubs for various levels, like Toad city and Wario city has its own unique levels. Also there are the classic stars, but there are sidequests that can be done to unlock a level in each city.

>underwater world
>FLUDD
>"The levels are Mario 64 sized" as if they were that big in the first place
>that stupid title

Bullshit.

I understand perfectly that, but I fail to see how 3DW is inferior to MG1&2.
The latter might have more innovation, but it never really goes into any depth, especially compared to the platforming challenges that 3DW sets up.
If you sacrifice open-ended-ness, at least give me good challenges and level design.

Then the problem you have isn't the linearity nigga it's a different factor like level structure

Someone on here said it was called tentatively super mario underground, with a hidden world beneath mushroom kingdom, and playable bowser

FLUDD doesn't talk. It's voice thing is broken. It's just there to be a scuba tank mostly

all true dromble.wordpress.com/2013/09/21/nintendos-frustrations-with-3d-mario/

eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-17-super-mario-galaxy-3-opportunity-as-hardware-technology-gets-better-and-advances

>So people aren't allowed to have opinions?

They are.
But when you call a generally well liked game a "pile of shit" and you can't even be assed to explain why, then you don't really get to be taken seriously, it reeks of contrarian.

>FLUDD doesn't talk
FLUDD talking wasn't the problem.
FLUDD gimped platforming, resulted in lazier level design, and controlled like shit underwater.
And nothing you say will make the title less stupid.

opin whirl

3d world, although not perfect, is a good direction for mario

>especially compared to the platforming challenges that 3DW sets up.
literally what
There is no """""challenge"""""" in 3D World whatsoever outside of the very last level

>We're always thinking, is there a middle ground where people who do enjoy the 3D worlds of Galaxy and those who enjoy New Super Mario Bros. can both enjoy it? We're always looking at those opportunities

not him but why is it okay when galaxy does it

how can it be generally well liked if no one bought it?

op are you going to put any effort into this

>There is no """""challenge"""""" in 3D World whatsoever
There is more """""challenge"""""" in 3D World then Galaxy.

yeah, whats your point?

there is more than in galaxy.
Did you replay galaxy lately user?

...Yes? I don't know if you confused me with another user but i never said anything about linearity
I cannot speak for others, but in Mario's case i hold creativity in a higher regard than difficulty, almost every level in Galaxy has something different from the other (aside from purple coin stars that is) and keeps the experience constantly fresh, i got the 120 stars in 2 days without ever feeling burned out

Yet here people are sucking the dick of galaxy which is linear like the 2d games and rehashes the same area for several stars
At least with 3d world once you grab the stars and a stamp you were done and didn't need to repeat the stage 20 times

Nope.
Luigi's purple coins is harder than any 3D World stage

they're trying to make money

okay, they have every right to casualize their games in an effort to get more sales, and I have every right to criticize them for casualizing and simplifying it

>3D WORLD IS EASY CASUAL BABY GARBAGE WITH SHITTY LINEAR SLOW GAMEPLAY THAT IS NOTHING LIKE SUPER MARIO 64
>OMG GALAXY GOTYAY TRULY NINTENDO'S MAGNUM OPUS

>What could they possibly do now that Mario has gone to space?
Mario goes to other dimensions. (but in reality thats just for show it plays the same as the previous 3D titles)

>Luigi's purple coins is harder than any 3D World stage

Not him but not Champion's Road.

I'd take 3D World's "lack of challenge" over arbitrarily collecting a million purple coins.

>Mario Kart 8 - 7.7m
>New Super Mario Bros. U - 5.34m
>Nintendo Land - 5.1m
>Super Mario 3D World - 5.01m
>Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - 4.9m
>Splatoon - 4.42m
>Super Mario Maker - 3.65m
>New Super Luigi U - 2.64m

Source: nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/wiiu.html

But as a result, 3D World was really good. They found that middle ground that worked really well.

Sure you didn't like it, but I did, so like, who cares.

A vast majority of gamers agree that pretty much every Mario game is good. Pick whatever aggregate review site you want.

>But as a result, 3D World was really good.
But it wasn't.

>almost every level in Galaxy has something different from the other
that's true for 3DW too, even more. It's literally a level, a gimmick: the game.
Hell, they are made with the same philosophy by Hayashida inn the role of director.
I was just talking about the gravity trick
youtube.com/watch?v=dBmIkEvEBtA

Nintendo's next step should be another 3D Mario game that has the player travel through several incarnations of the same level in order to complete it. Mario receives a new invention made by Professor E. Gadd that allows him to breach gaps between dimensions, essentially allowing Mario to travel across multiple versions of the Mushroom Kingdom in order to save the day. Each dimension varies from one another. Some might just be reskins of the original world, while others may even contain different powers that allow Mario to solve puzzles back in OG Mushroom Kingdom that he wouldn't be able to solve otherwise.

I can already see the E3 2017 trailer:

>"Super Mario Breach: Next arriving at your dimension. YAAHOOO!!!"

More like harder to stay awake during.
I didn't think they could make something more boring and time-consuming than Sunshine's blue coins until purple coins and comets showed up.

>neotendo galaxy shit
>not 64-2

you had one job

Why do I always see you shilling your garbage youtube videos whenever 3D World is discussed? Fuck off already.

I can imagine a world where the first star or whatever you collect is you leading an assault on the mushroom kingdom walls with many goombas and koopas charging the wall as if it were D Day

Only to be suppressed by Robotic Toads as they sweep the ranks and we are halted by air strikes from Airborne Sherberts.

We think we made a hole in the wall from the Bullet Bill launched from a catapult (because Evil Mario is advanced and Beta Bowser is basic in technology) but only hordes of ravenous Yoshi pour out from behind the wall.

It was. Nobody cares about your opinion.

>But it wasn't.
yeah, It wasn't not really good

>i got the 120 stars in 2 days without ever feeling burned out
and I got bored 20 stars in because Galaxy 1 is just boring and Galaxy 2 had the stupid idea of using a level map with locks

it's fucking sad when sunshine is better than everything after it
that game wasn't even finished properly

The amount of people who care about my opinion is the same as the amount of people who bought 3D World

>>neotendo galaxy shit
>>not 64-2
>you had one job

God damn. Why do people like the same thing over and over again?

You guys are the reason that "The Office" Went on for 15 seasons after Steve Carrell left and why we get 8 Super Hero movies a year.

>casualize
Wrong.

Just make Galaxy 3 with it's previous sequels platforming, shifting gravity and art style with 64's and Sunshine's open world esc. levels.

because that video makes it easy to understand the point even for retards which clearly haven't played the game.
Do I need to convert in ams paiont infographic to be able to post it here? How about you fuck off, fucking wii kid

Implying your opinion matters

Implying anyone's opinion in this thread matters. Why are we even doing this?

>wii u kiddie thinks he's above wii kiddies

>Galaxy 3 with it's previous sequels platforming, shifting gravity and art style with 64's and Sunshine's open world esc. levels
How about we pretend Galaxy didn't happen so we don't have slow, simplified physics and movement ruining what could be a fun game?

>Galaxy platform
>Sunshine's open world esc. levels.
>64 grafix
This is some fine bait.

we'd rather have the same thing with improvements than disney tier toddler games (3d world, NSMB)

Is it proving you wrong? Sorry buddy.

damn, looks like I triggered you.
Is shilling in 3D world hate threads the only way you can get views on your shitty channel?

>Galaxy platforming and gravity
how about no
I'd take 3D land over that shit and 3D Land has a weird fucking jump

Setting is irrelevant. Even if the next 3d Mario took place in Saudi Arabia I want Mario to have the movement options and weight from 64.

Because you're dead inside and "arguing" with other manbabies on this board is the only thing keeping you from ordering that gas tank.

Yes because I'm a no talent faggot and no one likes me

>talking down on someone attention whoring for views when you're attention whoring for (You)s
You guys are practically the same.

I'd rather pretend those piles of shit like Galaxy, Galaxy 2, and Sunshine never happened. When are we actually going to get a sequel to 64? It was the only proper 3D Mario game after all.

>we'd rather have the same thing with improvements
That is literally what 3D World is though.

>we'd rather have the same thing

Cool. See you in the theater for Thor 18.

I hear Thor and Iron Man are having a fight and this time they're REALLY done for good!

There might even be a big battle with a blue laser in the middle of a city.

introducing a run button to a 3D landscape is a step backwards not forwards
so is removing advanced movement techiniques

Well, to be fair, Galaxy 1 didn't happen because the universe is destroyed and then rebuilt at the end.
That's why Galaxy 2's plot is similar yet everyone acts like it's all happening for the first time besides Rosalina.

>only proper 3D Mario game after all
How? How is it a proper Mario game? The only 'proper' 3D Mario game are 3D Land/World.

grafix
I didn't say that?
Why don't people like Galaxy's platforming? I thought it was great and the only complaint most people have to hating Galaxy it's incredibly linear, which yeah is absolutely true.

An interconnected Mario 3D platformer where the zones are expanded versions of the track themes in Mario kart 8. I loved the sense of place in 8 and it would be great if you could explore those areas more fully

>The only 'proper' 3D Mario game are 3D Land/World.
Wii U kids are starting to feel like they're important, how cute.

>removing advanced movement techiniques
t. Someone who has never touched 3D World

>introducing a run button to a 3D landscape is a step backwards not forwards
>so is removing advanced movement techiniques

3D World is it's own thing okay? Understand? It's not a Galaxy sequel. It's it's own thing.

>It's an other galaxyfag autistic thread
Ok? We all get that you're favourite Mario is Galaxy so can you stop making these bigotry threads already?

QUICK TELL ME YOUR IDEA FOR THE NEXT 3D MARIO GAME!

You've created opinionated greentexts:
>The Thread

3D World is the only 3D Mario that feels like a proper 3D Sequel to SMB3/SMW.

The rest feel like Tech Demos/Gimmick Platformers.

64 is the only proper 3D Mario game because its the only one with precise and unique controls. Which is why its the only good 3D Mario game. None of the other games play like 64 does.

People that like Smash 4 = People that like Sunshine, Galaxy 1 & 2, and 3D World.
In other words, plebs.

This is the price we pay for allowing wii u babies to post here. They've gotten so arrogant.

It's still fucking shit, though.

Playing this level in Galaxy 2 made me realize how significantly less fun it is to play than 64. Mario moves at a "safe" speed, regardless of what you do and his jumping repertoire has been neutered.
Galaxy's floatiness feels okay when you're actually in space. When it tries to be "traditional" Mario, it feels wrong.

Well it'd be a 4-player platformer like 3D World, with well crafted classic levels like 3D World, but with new stages.

Maybe bring back some old power ups.

Keep telling yourself that
So why did the guy I was replying to say it was?

see

>proper

lel when consumers feel the need to label something proper or not proper as if they have any opinion worth considering.

BTW, Episode 1 is a "proper" Star Wars movie. Because George Lucas and Lucas Film and ILM and a million other creatives who willed Star Wars into existence.

You were the guy who shoveled popcorn in your mouth.

>pannenkoek
>200+ IQ, theoretical physicist, loves mario 64, deems the game deep enough and worthy of spending his time and refined intellect on

>random Cred Forums neo-nintendo fanboy
>sub 100 IQ, is a wagecuck or NEET, loves 3d world, loves NSMB, loves whatever crap nintendo shits out, will defend any of their games to death

64 master race always wins

The hub world is a big cabin resort with each room having snowglobes that you go into to access the many places of the Mario world.

See

Not bait, its a fact.
Where's the guy speed running Sunshine? Or either Galaxy game? Or 3D World? Nobody gives a shit about them. Meanwhile, literally everybody cares about the guy who speedruns 64. Because its the most technical and advanced 3D Mario game, making it the most proper 3D Mario game. Its the most complex and intricate Mario game around, which is how people can always go back to it and have fun.

>pannenkoek loves 64
>that means he doesn't like 3D World

>Why don't people like Galaxy's platforming?
I don't like it because it's so fucking slow
No joke, NSMB is faster than that shit

Sunshine is garbage

where the videos of him pushing 3D World's engine to the limits?

>you

>passionately judges large swaths of people because they have slightly different preferences on which toys they like.

It's basically a meme game to justify the motion gimmick

Sonic Colors is superior to both and I've bought Mario Galaxy 1 day one. Yep, I fell for the meme back then

>Why don't people like Galaxy's platforming
It's not good, 3D World is a massive improvement I recommend trying it out.

lol. pannenkoek does not give a shit about neo mario. it would be a complete waste of his time

Yep, you're right 3D is bassically SMW with graphics, that's why it's called "Super mario 3d world". The main probleam is that SMW is like 25 years old now. While super mario 64 was a great and logical step foward, 3d world is the completely opposite, that's why 3dW sucks, you fucking retard.

Why even get yourself frustrated thinking about it. Nintendo realizes by now that they don't need to make an innovative Mario game. The New Mario Bros. games sell way better than the Galaxy games did at a fraction of the cost to produce.

Once Mario Run blows the fuck up (and it will) they'll be done pretty much done with real games except for the occasional Zelda thrown out to show they've still got OG street cred.

People get caught up in the "breathtaking views" and "epic music" and completely ignore the actual subpar game. Sunshine and 64 are far and away the better Mario games. Sunshine has the best movement/controls/levels while 64 is actually complete instead of padding itself for content like Sunshine did.

That is actually a pretty neat idea and sounds like why too much work for Nintendo.

They couldn't even rearrange the roster order in smash bros 4 to make sense.

Mario fans are autistic. They have to create threads saying Sonic is autistic because they are liars and dishonest people and you guys know what I'm talking about.

Almost every nintendo fan is a liar and their motto is "lying and deception". They don't care for the truth or talking about games, they are all about pushing their sick obsession about Mario and Nintendo

Super Mario Sunshine 2

>They couldn't even rearrange the roster order in smash bros 4 to make sense.

Who fucking gives a shit?

Nerd

>Go back to Mario 64/Sunshine style worlds with open-ended exploration where the goal is finding stars
>Rather than filling the worlds with stars, they are all full of portals hidden about in different locations
>Each portal leads to a short platforming segment reminiscent of Sunshine's secret areas or Galaxy's stages, with a star at the end
>The worlds still have other standard ways to get stars (collecting red coins or 100 gold ones)
>None, or at least very few, stars are episode specific. You should be able to go into any episode but still explore and collect whatever you want

Too edgy 5 me.

>Let's pretend for a moment that pile of shit 3D World never happened.
>3D World
>pile of shit

Oh, fuck off you dumb faggot. While it was extremely disappointing that they chose to give us that game instead of another great adventure Mario, it was decent enough in its own right to warrant multiple playthroughs, and had good visuals/music and neat secrets to find.

Fuck you, it was a good game.
But seriously Miyamoto, cut it the fuck out.

>warrant multiple playthroughs
What?
3D World has no replayability at all.

The portal thing sounds tedious and like a glorified version of Sunshine's caves.

>Luigi's purple coins is hard

Being this casual it's no wonder you shit on 3D World; the game actually requires you have skill in its harder levels.

>No game has replayability if I say so
OP, why don't you make a YouTube channel like the other guy. You seem to like attention for being contrarian.

>Well you can stay in your delusional world where no one disagrees with you if that makes you happy
Said the guy who created this thread.

Sunshine is actually the worst 3d mario, it's not even a platformer, I mean it's literally SM64 made wrong.

Galaxy is literally the best 3D platformer of all time m8

>3D World has no replayability at all.
I disagree. Therefore, you're wrong.
See? This is what you sound like.

You have to be 18yo to post here, fag.

How about this user for the setting of it?

Nintendo fans are usually terrible people.

What replayability does it have?
If you didn't get all the stars and stamps on your first run you're just a fucking casual.

>this is what underages believe
Galaxy is casual shit

I swear, everyone who claims Luigi's purple coins were hard can't long jump for shit. Not to mention you have a fucking move that saves you from any jumping mistake and the disappearing platform are INCREDIBLY forgiving since you can be on them until they poof even if Luigi's feet are floating on nothing.

I loved Galaxy and it remains my favorite 3D Mario title by a country mile

I've never been a fan of 64. I get how innovative it was, and from a mechanics standpoint it's definitely one of the most complex Mario games. But the actual stage design, and the objective within were extremely mundane and dull. Like the first are, Bob-Omb's Battlefield. The first start most people collect is the chain chomp one. This involves a short walk to a designated location with near no obstacles in the way, you pound a stake, and bam, done deal. Or the island in the sky; You start the stage, walk two feet to the left, jump in the cannon, aim at the island and you get a star. Obviously there are moments in 64 that are far more indepth, but a large portion of the game feels like this and it just doesn't feel very fun to me

Easily the most fun I had with Mario 64 were the bowser levels, and they seem to be pretty popular. And how are they designed, they cut all the open world exploration out, and you get a linear obstacle course. Which is...exactly how 90% of the Galaxy games are designed. Same deal with Sunshine, some of the most fun stages in the game were ones in which they took away the freedom of exploration and just focused on actual platforming. They took the levels I liked the most from 64 and Sunshine and just made a whole game out of 'em. Tied with one of the best soundtracks in video games and fantastic aesthetic that still looks good. The only thing the Galaxy games fell short on what limiting all of the movement options Mario had in 64

says the underage praising 3D World

I got everything on my first run and replayed it.
Same as I did for Sunshine and 64. Even 2D Mario.
I'd recommend you stop posting before you run out of straws to grasp for.

>replayability is limited to arbitrary task management
Have you ever experienced something called "fun," user? Besides that,
>URR DURR UR STOOPID U DINNIT PLAY DA GAME LIKE EYE DEED HRUUU

Yeah, have ___ with that.

>you can't replay a game if you get everything
You are trying so hard, OP.

SM64>SMSDW>>>>>>>>>>shit>>G2>G1
it's the truth and you know it

Woah, hey now. There's no need to go THAT far.

I didn't even know there was a galaxy 2 before just now.

>chain chomp

That's literally one of the hardest starts to figure when I was a kid and I'm sure everyone agree. You're just an autistic cunt.

>conveniently leaves out Galaxy's first world where you have no choice on where to go the first time in and how subsequent entries rely on Mario spinning at a different time to catch another launch star because there is hardly any terrain for him to explore

Going by this logic "it has replayability cause I had fun" then literally every game has replayability. And something that can be applied to any game is not a point in 3D World's favor.
Kill yourselves.

This has to be the most annoying post in the thread.

You should play it. It'll either be okay or the greatest thing since sliced bread, depending on who you ask.

It was okay.

you have to be the most annoying poster in the thread

I bet Wii u was your first console, dumbass.

Technically all mario games are 4D because they exist in a 3D space that's embedded into a 4D space as a hologram.

>every game has replayability
>therefore this game is bad
>kill yourselves

So close.

>conveniently leaves out Galaxy's first world where you have no choice on where to go the first time in

In a game about linear obstacle course, how is this bad?

Galaxy's first star had far more interesting mechanics and obstacles than 64's Chain chomp star

Nice goalpost shift

>le projection
my first console was the GB faggot
SMG is the most bland mario game ever, pointing everything towards grandiose presentation instead of actual; substance

>But the actual stage design, and the objective within were extremely mundane and dull
You know, this is a pretty funny thing to bring up if you're going to defend the Galaxy games since the majority of stars have you take short walks separated by launch stars with nearly no obstacles in the way before you get a star.
Then there's their tendency to add additional "hard" missions where all you do is go back to a specific spot from a previously explored world to collect 100 coins. 100.
64's Chain Chomp star isn't the first.
If you played 64 way after its release, now would be the time to say so.

Galaxy has more "substance" than 3D World

>In a game about linear obstacle course, how is this bad?
Considering the fact that 2D Mario managed to innovate in its first level more than Galaxy did...
I mean, don't tell me you think Galaxy's planet gravity gimmick didn't exist beforehand.

>I understand this reference

You're too dumb to understand logic. Of COURSE every game that you find enjoyable has replayability. That's the fucking point, you autist. That doesn't mean you're still winning your imaginary argument. You can
>>>
all you want. It isn't going to help you look less like you're embarrassing yourself. I certainly do hope you find something you enjoy, and soon. I'm almost starting to worry for you.

>Of COURSE every game that you find enjoyable has replayability. That's the fucking point, you autist.
so why'd the other user claim 3D World is good cause of "replayability"?

>I mean, don't tell me you think Galaxy's planet gravity gimmick didn't exist beforehand.

What does this have to do with a game being fun?

I replay it because it has outstanding level design, addictive multiplayer elements, god-tier music, fun visuals, and nice progression.

I'm none of the anons you replied to, but I'm telling you why the game has great replay value. Different games have different reasons for having great replay value. Don't know what else to say, really. I'm basically telling you why I love the game and because I love the game, I replay it.

I'm leaving. I can't do this with you anymore.

>But the actual stage design, and the objective within were extremely mundane and dull.
You can simplify every 3D Mario game like that if you want to come off as biased.
>64 has you climb a tower, star
>Sunshine has you climb a tower, star
>Galaxy has you climb a tower, star
>Galaxy 2 has you climb a tower from 64, star

I didn't say it wasn't fun. Don't bring up fun as your weak excuse for generalizing an older game to defend a new one when both can be considered fun.

>You can simplify every 3D Mario game like that if you want to come off as biased.

Right. But that's not what I'm doing. The stars I mentioned were literally that short and simple. I wasn't leaving out a bunch of details

Like I said, there are more complex stars in 64. But there are a lot that are completed in around 30 seconds that don't involve much platforming at all, and that's why I don't care for the game

what the fuck is "substance"? The levels are more refined in SM3DW, more gimmicks are introduced and put to use than in galaxy.
Also galaxy powerups sucks dick in general, half of your time is spent flying on launch star "cinematics", the shitty throwable star pieces are a retarded gimmick that's hardly useful most of the multiple star objectives are 100% recycled content that sucks without the multiples approach of SM64 and finally the gravity gimmick doesn't really bring anything new to the table.
Quit throwing buzzwords faggot

>what the fuck is "substance"?
The other guy used it first fucking retard.

>cherrypick the simplest missions
should I bring up galaxy having you throw bombs at garbage or the 20+ stars where you collect pieces of a launch star to get to the end or will that upset you

What the fuck? SM64 has the best and more complex plataforming in the whole series, you fucking retard.

Alright, I'm genuinely confused. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

You made it sound like Galaxy was worse than Super Mario Bros because it didn't innovate as much? I think? And I said I don't think that makes a game any less fun, just because it wasn't innovative. Just like how in my first post, I said I didn't find 64 all that fun just -because- it innovated

>But there are a lot that are completed in around 30 seconds that don't involve much platforming at all, and that's why I don't care for the game
So explain to me why you like Galaxy, where the first mission has less platforming than its N64 predecessor and a large amount of its missions involve motion gimmicks where Mario is controlled entirely by pointer.

I'd understand if you said Galaxy 2, which focused more on platforming, but you said Galaxy.

..And I said that Mario 64 has the most complex mechanics out of the bunch. Because it does. But the level design and star objectives don't make it stand out unless you're speedrunning or some such. Just because mario can backflip and dive and airkick doesn't suddenly make mundane stars fun.

My argument is, that on the whole, Galaxy has more varied and interesting stars than 64

How come we can't have anything new or different without you faggots calling it a fucking gimmick?

Was 3D in Super Mario 64 a "gimmick?" (we all know the word "gimmick" has a negative connotation).

i don't really care i just want another awesome mario game like 3d world and the two you posted

Honestly, it just comes down to what you value most? Deep mechanics, or level design, or it being truer to the 2D games or so on. For all intents and purposes, every 3D Mario game has been generally well made and are competent to play. They just have different strengths and flaws that are going to appeal to different people.

I honestly don't know. While Galaxy 2 didn't have as much of an impact in me as the first, I think that Galaxy was the first game since Super Mario 64 to push the platformer to its next level. I don't know what could be done to raise the bar again.

[TRIGGERED]

>3D World tries to be 2D Mario in 3D and it FAILS so HARD!
no shut the fuck up that is honestly the most retarded fucking thing i ever heard and doesn't make sense. it is a fantastic mario game.

>Just because mario can backflip and dive and airkick doesn't suddenly make mundane stars fun
at least 64 gives you the option to do it
what does galaxy let you do for its mundane stars like walk around looking for glass to launch out of or pull star to the star?

tick-tock clock may just be a climb to the top to get a star, but it's ten times more engaging than mario riding a tilt control manta on a strip of water

64's stars are simplistic, but what makes it fun is that everyone has a different way of reaching said stars.
There are many different ways to scale the mountain, just look at how different playthroughs are.

Now look at Galaxy's first level. There's a more intricate boss fight at the end, but it's a one-way linear path to it with practically no places to deviate. Also, one could argue that the first star in Galaxy is in the Gateway Galaxy tutorial where you are told what to do, when to do it, and walk around collecting things before you're allowed to advance.

64 lets you experiment with how you play. Galaxy puts everyone on the same level. If you enjoyed "actual platforming" you'd see 64 is a limitless playground. Galaxy is incredibly streamlined to make you feel good when you accomplish something, despite it really not being that unique.

>super mario 64 recreated for wii u
Please don't tell me I'm the only one who wants this

Holy shit, this idea of replayability is not binary. There are degrees of replayability. Some games are a lot more fun than others, therefore they have a lot more replayability - as in, you're much more likely to have a desire to play it again you dipshit.

This stage is amazing, you casual fag

So tell me why you think 3D World has a higher degree of replayability than other games, and other mario games.
I've been asking this and no one will tell me.

>so tell me why you think a game has replay value
not him but jesus christ take a break
someone could even find gone home replayable

they are the ones asserting 3D world is "more replayable" than other games. I just want to know their reasoning why.

>64 gets recreated
>Stuff from the DS game gets carried over
>New levels, enemies and bosses
It's not going to happen but I want to believe

>I've been asking this
Maybe you should start by proving 3D World has no replay value.

It has no more replayability than any of the other 3D mario games.

So it has replay value.
Or are you going to say that without proving the 3D Marios don't have replayability?

>they are the ones asserting 3D world is "more replayable" than other games
where
please point out the posts

Fuck yes you dumb faggot

What's the matter? You couldn't git gud?

>So it has replay value.
Yes. But it doesn't have "more" than Galaxy or Galaxy 2 or 64.

seeNow fuck off already

>Yes.
So why'd you make these posts?

I wasn't the first post

>it was decent enough in its own right to warrant multiple playthroughs
yeah that's not what I told you to show me
where are the posts (plural) asserting 3D world has more replayability than other games

This thread is so confusing. What are we even talking about at this point?

>it has outstanding level design, addictive multiplayer elements, god-tier music, fun visuals, and nice progression.
All of these are applicable to Galaxy, Galaxy 2 and 64 minus the multiplayer, and as you can see from this thread its a split opinion as to whether its better alone or in multiplayer

That changes nothing. You still asked what replay value it had, period.

Yes because I wanted to know their reasoning.
I never said it has no replay value, it just doesn't have more than other 3D marios

>Different games have different reasons for having great replay value
Where did he say they weren't applicable.

mario

>got pii u that came with 3D world
>played it once and never touched it again

I don't know how a grown man can enjoy this soulless trash. Mario may as well be a disney character now.

What about Super Mario Land 2

I asked for reasons why 3D World has more replayability than other 3D marios, since he directed me to that post its not too much of an assumption that he doesn't think other games have those elements.

>I never said it has no replay value, it just doesn't have more than other 3D marios
He never said it had more replay value than other 3D Marios.
In fact, looking at the replies to this
Nobody did.

Why are people here so thirsty for (You)s?

>pii u
ah yes the famous wit of a clearly mature individual

>since he directed me to that post its not too much of an assumption that he doesn't think other games have those elements
no
he mentioned why he replayed a particular game and how replay value is entirely subjective
in response to someone telling people to kill themselves because they can't comprehend that all games can have replay value

Well, I find 3D World to have more replayability (which isn't even a word) than other 3D Mario games because of those reasons, as well.

Connect the dots dude. Don't overthink it.

>I asked for reasons why 3D World has more replayability than other 3D marios
That's something you brought up from overthinking and boredom, don't lie to me, though.
The chain of replies is people telling you replayability varies.

>3d world
>shit
Kill yourself

can we all agree that ma

It would probably be called Super Mario NX, or whatever the name of the console is.

Other wise it could be a new Super Mario game that is a spiritual successor to 64 e.g. sunshine and galaxy

Can agree. Don't understand the love for Galaxy 2 to be honest.

but 3d world was amazing i think they topped galaxy games with it

its fucking boring. I dont want to go over a barren bunch of squares just collecting coins. Hell, another Purple coin stage is just one fucking room with coins scattered all over the steps

>Am I the only one
no

Also only actual fucking idiots think 3D world is suppose to be the next big 3D Mario installment and not just a 2D Mario game in 3D space. Those idiots just happen to be all over Cred Forums

how pathetic is it that the Wii U doesn't even have a proper 3D Mario game or an exclusive Zelda game? that's like the bare minimum for a nintendo home console.

Am I the only one that didn't like the Galaxy games? The worlds were so small and it always felt like you were in a little room.

i doubt it user, i don't like 64 and i bet there some people like me out there too

Well, the Wii didn't have a proper 3D Mario game either and its Zelda was Skyward Sword.

>the Wii didn't have a proper 3D Mario game either
It had 2
>and its Zelda was Skyward Sword.
At least it had an exclusive. The most Wii U has is a shitty musou game

>It had 2
Galaxy 1 and 2 are more like 3D Land and 3D World, which Cred Forums loves to hate for not being "proper 3D Mario."

This is always the response when someone comes in to clarify that 3D world isn't suppose to be a true 3D Mario game. Always trying to figure out a way to laugh at nintendo like it bullied you in middle school or something. Fucking pathetic.

>getting butthurt on behalf of a corporation
This is some truly pathetic shit.

Seeing that logo again made my heart feel weird.

Gives one cause to ponder

>having teenager level angst over a corporation for having a few years of bad games
You got me