Overwatch retards

>Someone plays Ana
>Powers up winston

without primal rage

He has way more dps without it though??? Primal rage isn't meant for kills as much as it's about creating chaos and getting people to fuck off

>implying it's good even with Primal Rage

Winston might be the only character who's actually worse with his ult

>Play Ana
>Sleep enemy boosted Genji
>Someone decides to try and kill him despite enemy Ana repeatedly pumping him full of healing

>Defending Route 66 as Mercy
>Reinhardt constantly standing 75 feet from the payload
>Every time the payload moves he falls back, never contesting it
>Keeps telling us to get back behind him
>Ignore him, keep fighting with team trying to contest
>Eventually lose
>him "We would have done better if our Mercy had healed and not gone off to die

>Next round on Attack, lock Mercy instantly, he's Rein again
>Figure I'm throwing the match since we'll lose anyway and it'll piss him off
>Never heal, just run forward attacking
>He's threatening to report the whole time
>We actually make it all the way

>Tell him to shut up and he sucks as tank
>"So why don't you do it?"
>We're defending again so pick Rein
>They never move the payload past 50 feet, I'm on it the entire fucking match
>He quits before anyone can say anything
>mfw

There is nothing I hate more than a bad tank

Fuck you

There is literally nothing wrong with this since he is nearly guaranteed to get it soon.

There is almost always a better target. Reinhardt or Roadhog for tanks or a Genji even.

So are you the retard here? Because his damage output is a lot higher without primal rage.

>tards that don't know how to play Ana are constantly telling people how to play Ana
Junkfags make me lose games.

I can help

>How to play Ana
>Step 1: Switch to Zenyatta

try healing someone for once instead of trying to be a windowlicker without a headshot

He has way more dps without it though???
>???
>three fucking question marks for something that isn't a question

KILL yourself

>join game/someone joins game
>they pick hanzo

>Winston might be the only character who's actually worse with his ult
>when Pharah and Roadhog exist

Pharah isn't inherently worse during her ult, you just have to have a perfect setup/godly luck for it work well.

>play competitive
>guy goes on mic and starts giving people orders
> go attack torb because fuck that guy
we won

>as soon as you get into the game, someone has already locked hanzo

>when Pharah and Roadhog exist

former:
>Graviton Surge/Freeze + JUSTICE
enemy team is dead

latter
>HAHAHAHAHAH
Entire enemy team is gone from point/payload and you're free to let the whole team push

>people bitching about junkrat

Fuck you nigga I've got a flank route on lockdown with my beartrap and mine PLUS the front door with a never ending barrage of bouncy bomb bullshit don't complain about me doing my job well.

Are you stupid? They aren't ults that are good in every single situation but they are still better than Winston's.

>an ult should be an "I win" button

>ana powers up D.Va
>boosts in and self destructs

>Blizzard openly admitted that they won't change Symmetra because "no one is playing her right"

kek

>Increase her speed 30%

>Symmetra is suddenly a viable class

How hard is this

Is this supposed to be irony lol?

Any Ana who is worth a single damn knows that it's better to boost an non-ulting Winston.

How's silver treating you?

>gf literally only plays healers and tanks
>I almost exclusively play Junkrat, sometimes McCree/Pharah
>mfw guaranteed Roadhog/Rein/Zarya protecting me or Lucio/Mercy/Ana healing me

This is the only acceptable reason to date a humam girl, anyway.

Why do people hate on junkrat?

He's one of the most viable defense players. He has high dps, his mobility it pretty good, especially with concussion mine. He's just a beast. I would say his ult is kinda bad though

>making a character based around traps with an auto aim weapon as fast as Lucio's speed boost

You are retarded

Junkrat has one single problem that shows blizzard's design team is a bunch of 5 year olds. There is absolutely no fucking reason for his grenades to deal full damage after rebounding off of walls and shit. NO game with a spam class/weapon other than overwatch does this, and for good fucking reason.

It's mockery you fucking moron
He's mocking you and you deserve it

Man, do not even joke about Zenyatta

>doing poorly on Route 66
>My mercy game is doing shit this time around, can't survive for long, heal targets just get focused on by all 6 of them every time
>decide fuck it, shit aint working, maybe someone else will
>switch to Zen
>suddenly, we shut them out hard at the final point, can't even make it past the entrance
>Discord orb just destroying everyone each time
>6 fucking transcendent ults
Everyone is embracing tranquility. One ass kicking at a time.

She's supposed to be an architect, right? She should be able to place movable "energy" platforms to help low mobility heroes and stuff.

Totally didn't steal this idea from someone else.

>who is demoman

>it bounced off the wall that means it should do less damage!
Are you retarded? Name some fucking games that do that then since you're claiming all of them do.

quake, tf2, unreal tournament

Symmetra is an anti-skirmisher. Her turrets are for detecting flankers and slowing people, her shield buff regenerates as long as the person is alive, and her tp let's people get back to fight quickly. Shes meant to help deal with assassins.

Did you even read what he said? Demo's nades don't explode on impact (do full damage) if they hit the world first.

>her shield buff regenerates as long as the person is alive
OH BOY. THEY CAN HAVE UP TO 24 HEALTH BACK AFTER A BATTLE NOW!

I don't agree with the guy but Demoman grenades don't explode immediatly after enemy contact if they touch walls and stuff before. The damage is also lower than a direct hit.

Especially since tank is so fucking easy. Your entire job is literally to tank damage so your teammates don't. All you have to do is GET HIT and people somehow still suck at that.

I played multiple quakes and unreal tournaments so you're going to have to provide proof because nothing online says grenades deal less damage after they bounce off surfaces.

>autism has been triggered

Goddamn, how do you even live with such debilitating autism?

To be honest Winston is really good with it, big aoe, insta kills squishies, can take take a ton of punishment and then use ult he'll quickly build to keep going at it.

The problem is that a 50 hp buff would make Sym a constant pick in any game. Anything lower than that isn't useful, anything equal or higher makes her essential.

Youd be surprised how many reinhardts I have seen that drop their shield to throw a fire strike, only to have their healers die. Shits hilarious and sad at the same time.

and all this time i believed i was doing full damage
> junkrat is still not overpowered though

I don't mind so much for Junkrat because his projectiles are so slow and the explosion radius is small.

Your job isn't to tank damage, it's to tank damage that would normally hit someone else. These are very different things and depend on how competent your teammates are at sticking with you.

In overwatch, if you take damage, it means you're giving ult charge to someone. This is why Reinhardts throw firestrike off cooldown even if they aren't trying to pick someone off.

>Your job isn't to tank damage, it's to tank damage that would normally hit someone else.
This is true, and the situational awareness and communication to do this effectively what separates an average tank from a great tank, but in QP all you have to do is be a distraction / throw up your shield around your teammates.

Agreed and that's exactly what I'm referring to. QP is a crap shoot because people don't usually stick around with you. It's why I never play Reinhardt over D.va/Winston/Roadhog unless I know my team wants to work with me.

>Someone plays Ana

Quake kinda pushes it since you can still deal up to 99% of the damage of a direct hit. Can't find anything on unreal tournament and I don't have any webums or anything.
I'm very likely wrong when saying no game doesn't have collision based damage falloff. Point is games that have a spam centered weapon/char most of the time implement damage falloff to prevent a skill floor the reaches down to the 7th circle of hell (like junkrat's does).
I mean, I get that he's a spam class and "kek aiming's overrated XD", but damage falloff is one of the central tenants of that play style and blizzard is just saying "lol nope fuck that shit"

>play Bastion
>only ever play Bastion
>don't even play brawl if I can't Bastion
>create lots of salt
>win lots of games
>have fun teasing in chat and rustling jimmies
"Is dat a pro genji?" after killing a Genji for instance. That one gets major rage flowing.

Not really. Besides her teleporter (easily dealt with by a competent flanker) her only utility is her M1 and a surprise turret. The former will cause her to get eaten alive regardless of her health because, unlike Reaper, she doesn't have a self-heal or escape, and the latter is easily dealt with.

Bastion needs a nerf

Junkrat is garbage outside of shitter bracket as it is, he doesn't need a damage falloff unless you want to significantly buff everything else in his kit.

>Console
lmao

Would be interesting if Bastion's turn speed was limited though, would probably totally fuck him over

It's a Blizzard game. Every game is populated by retards. Why even fucking bother?

she should be able to toggle her turrets from "attack" to "heal" mode for teammates standing by them. They do a similar amount of healing to Lucio's AOE heal but only heal the person standing closest.

>Plant Bastion in a corner
>Put three heal turrets around him
>unkillable death machine

Sure lets do that

Holy shit console players

Yes Zarya and Mei ults are fucking Ace of Aces, but that doesn't make Pharah's ult any less shit.

Both are currently near-useless as it is so they may as well combo to form a half-decent character.

Still useless the moment you need to actually move.

Well that's also your fault for not healblocking him now isn't it.

Just make it so that you can only have one turret healing you at a time. Wow so hard.

>Pharah hits Bastion with one rocket
>easy direct hit, splash damage kills the turrets
>Pharah fires two more rockets
>Bastion dies
Wooooooowwwww

>easy direct hit, splash damage kills the turrets
Sym turrets have a much greater range than Pharah rockets.

>Splash damage reaching more than 2 inches
>Pharah living in Bastion's sight for long enough to shoot one rocket, let alone three

Yeah, Pharah needs to use advanced elite pro strats like peaking around a corner.

God I'm so close to 3500. After that, I'm only like 200 away from top 500.

I WANT TO BE SPECIAL THIS SEASON.

You're always special user

Only if you're trying to pump healer ults. Tanks are meant for close range melee fighting & shielding when available.

>None of my friends play Overwatch
>Can't break 2500 because everyone in pub at that level is retarded

I'll never be special

Winston needs a buff.

Either

>increase damage output by a bit

or

>increase shield hp
>decrease cooldown

I'd increase the shield HP and lower the cooldown on his jump by a smidge. Right now he's punished too much for one bad jump so he needs a little more leeway.

>tesla gun has infinite ammo
There now Winston is balanced

>Wanting to throw the game because of some shitter
You're a blight on this game

Maybe a minor boost to the shield hp, maybe 150ish, and replace a bit more of his health with armour

>MORE THAN ONE QUESTION MARK TRIGGERED KYS REEEEEEEE

Sometimes shitters need to be taught a lesson about bitching while being bad.

Make Jump 4 seconds.

fuck off and let him sleep off both Ults before trying to move in.

>play junkrat
>launch tank with sticky grenade
>ana accidentally ults lucio or some shit

>Junkfags make me lose games.

A good Junkrat carries the fucking team

Winston is a top competitive pick as it is, the most he needs is 120 ammo and 800 HP shield, nothing else.

>>join game/someone joins game
>they pick Hanzo/Widowmaker/Mei

or at least looks impressive without trying. I regularly get 25-30k damage and gold in elims and objective kills just for standing on the objective as trashmouse.

>top competitive pick

This isn't Dota.

Overwatch is a casual game first, "competitive" second.

Is your bnet name Genjix? Fuck you guy

>Junkrat carrying

>play Ana
>power up the Mercy every time

>Get boosted as Mercy
>Bring ult charge up +50%

this, i stomp pubby assholes in as winston without even trying.
seriously, magilla gorilla is some serious shit.

You're saying this as if junkrat is a completely broken, overpowered hero. It makes absolute sense that his grenades do full damage after bouncing, and there aren't any problems with him. Quit your bitching

it's easy as fuck in anything that isn't tournament level play considering his dps is higher than any offensive character except a genji w/ aimbot

>Ult dva
>NERF THIS

>Not exclusively powering up Syms

Shitters never learn. You're not teaching them anything, you're just losing the game for 4 other people on your team

>Play Ana
>Sleep enemy boosted genji
>D.va decides to shoot him from 10 feet away

I once cleared out the entire enemy team from the control point with Junkrat, which ended up winning us the game

>koth
>enemy hanzo does well
>teammate switches to hanzo
>he does jackshit

>Play Ana
>accidentally boost Zenyatta
>he gets 3 kills and assists me on the fourth

Well, okay then.

Dude I reached 3400 max by SoloQing. If you can't rank up, it's on you. I hope you're not playing support heroes.

>Enemy team has a Reinhardt on KOTH
>they start to get desperate
>he solo rushes in using his shift for mobility
>gets gunned down within seconds of doing this

There's like a million bad Reinhardts, for some reason people don't seem to understand how poorly Reinhardt functions alone.

but yeah Reinhardt should always be on the cart.

I went from like 1900 to 2800 just from solo queing. My friends are like high 1000s and low 2000s, shit sucks.

It's doable but a lot of it is luck honestly. I've won so many games because the enemy had 1 useless player.

you're playing your perfectly balanced video game with finely tuned matchmaking when suddenly this happens

what do you do

Am I missing something here? I thought nana boost and whole hog was a god tier combo

Any stun will immediately turn off Whole Hog, effectively wasting your charge. Mccree, tee hee!

the matchmaking's fucked, everyone knows this. i've been put against top 500 players several times and i'm only platinum

Protip: stick to 3 stacks

hi frostmourne o/

This hurts. This hurts more than it should.

>tfw try to pick up new characters
>completely fail
>don't even remember how I picked up the characters I play now

I want to kiss Junkrat's mouth with my penis

Pharah has an AOE drop-off of 13 to 80 damage. Meanwhile Junkrat can spam all day and land a meaty 80 damage on AOE. That shit isn't fair. Would be better if after a second of not colliding with an enemy/shield/barrier the bomb instantly detonated. Would make it so Junkrat's couldn't pelt groups of enemies without dealing reduced damage.

>People seriously play this game
>The FPS equivalent of HotS
People are that bad at FPS huh?

What characters can and can't you carry as?

I'll start off by saying you can carry as Lucio. Can't carry as Mercy...

>Attack on hanamura
> half the team picks snipers and keep taking pot shots around the corner
> never pushes in
> die but finally get past their front line and basically have the first point in overtime
> Hanzo doesn't get on the point because he's trying to chase down the Lucio
>defeat

>objective is being taken
>instead of walking on it and dying to give it overtime I try to flank then
>taken before I reach them
Whatever I was tired

>Junkrat on your team
>Does fucking nothing
>Enemy takes the point 60 seconds into the game
>Gets his tire destroyed
>Dies on 2nd point almost immediately

>Junkrat on the enemy team
>Kills 2 of your teammates as they leave spawn
>Has tire in the first 20 seconds of the game and gets a triple kill
>Throws his mine across the map onto your Pharah
>His bombs achieved sentience and actively seek out your position no matter where you are

>Flank through the hole and get on the point
>4+ of the other team leave that fucking retarded chokepoint to deal with me
>Team doesn't push while nobody is around
>Die with no progress made

Are you baiting or just terrible at the game?

>eyes everywhere
>she's the only one seeing her turrets

You can only carry through plat. At diamond you can never solo carry

I solo carry in diamond tho

HELP

>Be Trashmouse
>Set up bear trap and mine combo at beginning of the game literally in front of enemy spawn.
>80% guaranteed kills.
>Shoot poor fuckers trying to leave spawn.
>Double combo kills on a reliable basis to at least try it.
>"RIP-TIRE, READY TO ROLL!"
>Go into hiding behind enemy lines and release the kracken.
>Stop enemy team from getting onto their objective, and as I'm behind them, blow my load before they know what's coming.

Junkrat's fucking OP as fuck in the right hands. You just have to git gud.

>Kings Row
>lay bear trap on the stairs to the balcony
>wait
>idiots run right into it and instantly die
>someone shoots it, alerting me to their aproach, and they die
>The few classes that can get up there without using the stairs have some sort of audio cue, and they will die
>manage to stall the enemy for a good minute at least preventing them from even touching the side route 9/10 times
>Eventually the enemy goes up with three guys and finally kicks me out
>concussive mine right out of there, fill the room with fiery death from affar
>repeat
Unlocking the way of the Rat made the game 10 times as fun

To be fair, Bastion probably had a lower sensitivity than Winston

Wrong, it's console

This is the most painful for me. No matter what role I'm playing it hurts to go down having killed two or three enemies and rushed the point only to realise the rest of the team is still back in the choke peeking shots.

>Be Zarya
>All alone on the point
>Team's dead
>4 enemies incoming
>Graviton Surge still charging

>Die because her survivability is mediocre.

>Nana boosted normal winston
>Has damage resist to keep him alive longer
>His tickle gun becomes a tesla machine of death
>melts down squishies
>jetpack jump does a lot of damage

>all this is somehow bad

Back to bronze you go

Too damn true. I'm really loving playing as her but holy fuck she's useless if there isn't at least one teammate around to boost her cannon.

>Die because her survivability is mediocre.
>zarya
>mediocre survivability
are you serious? The only better turtle than her is mei

Or an actual tank.

But either way, Winston is one of those pocket picks that is legit good especially when it's overtime

Winston is fine as is. Learn his tech. Git gud.

Does Zen's discord orb amplify damage for just you or your entire team?

Winston is much better than D.va.

Entire team, which is why he is so good.

Everyone.

Slap his discord on a tank and watch him melt.

Guess I gotta play Zenny more often.

>Hanamura attack on point b
>Playing as rein
>Tell every one to group with me and stop dying to separate fights
>Finally they follow
>They all proceed to get there shit pushed in again because they move away from my shield
>Get flanked by tjorn and zen on front and back
>Try to fuck up tjorn
>Zen caps my ass
>Sperg gets on the mic screaming how I'm a terrible reinhardt and how I should stop being useless
>Want me to use my ult on 1 person
>Literally screaming nigger nigger cut your self nigger
>Ight little faggot will play your way
>Play Mercy on defend
>Use pistol only and keep letting them know I have my ult ready
>Can literally taste this faggots rage as he loses
>Let him know I reported him as well
>LOL REPORTS DON'T EXIST IN THIS GAME GET FUCKED

Are people really retarded enough that they can't find the mute button/ report button?

it really fucks supports up if it's launched from a good spot/your team doesnt cover you

source: i play support and get singled out by it whenever a decent junkrat is on the enemy team

Kek

It's too bad racism and botting are pretty much the only things that get you banned. You can be the dumbest jackassiest game throwing person ever and reports will mean nothing.

Overwatch retards?

People who don't play or have friends and complain what pugs are doing.

Protip: If you're solo queuing, chances are you're the shit pug.

>Knowing how to aim
>Knowing counter picks
>Knowing when to commit
>Knowing team synergy
>Knowing how to capture an objective and not just tdm
>Knowing target priority
at most, the people i have on my team each game know one of these.

>Tfw you drop below 3000

Two weeks I've been hovering around the 3400 mark, two fucking weeks. Ten shitty games later and you're back into plat like a scrub. I'm not playing Lucio or Rein anymore, ya'll can go fuck yourself. I'm playing nothing but Reaper, Zayra and Mei from now on. Someone else can be the team dickhead.

I thought you couldn't drop below the threshold of a league once you've passed it?

Anytime anyone bitches about tanking I switch off of my default Reinhardt Mei. Niggas need to learn to contribute before they complain.

>*Reinhardt to Mei

>mei
>not a tank
you probably think streetpig and dva are tanks right

>hanamura first point
>0:30 secs until we win comp match
>rein holds the chokepoint until he decides to charge
>2 people go through the chokepoint and try to save rein
>They die
>lose point
>lose match
>Rein says that his shield is down what is he supposed to do

Delete charge from the game

PavementPork is a bad DPS and D.Va is an annoying flanker.

There is only one tank

Charge is the best thing ever in close quarters, it just instantly deletes people.

>solo queue's reaction

>tfw support
>FOIYA IN THE HALL
>tire wobbles right past front line
>watch as nobody attempts to shoot it
>die
Every. Single. Time.

How do we fix mei?

She is really effective at low levels of play because her freeze/slowing effect gives consistency to those with poor aim.
(Reaper loses to mei because he can't aim and eventually gets frozen)

But at higher levels of play her dps is rather low and she is outmatched by most offense heroes.
(aside from long range fights reaper never loses to mei due to having far superior DPS)

>People complaining about Mei

This is how you can immediately spot a low level shitter. Tracer and Zarya are currently the only broken heroes in the game. Both of them are far too strong.

I am indeed bad at the game

I don't think you read my post in its entirety however. I was also complaining about her lack of viability at higher levels.

You keep the emblem of your highest rank, that's it. It's fucking stupid because half these """diomonds""" you encounter aren't even 3000+.

>6 diamonds on the team
>Average point rank is 2800

Mmmm.

>rein in every game keeps charging in like a dumbass and wont block shit
>pick rein so we can actually do something
>no one actually goes behind my shield and keeps getting picked off

ELO HELL IS REAL

>Tracer is broken

What? She's just like Mei: a minor nuisance

Mei is only viable on point defense, specifically the second point on Hanamura and Anubis. Her ult is now literally the size of Jupiter, and is the best area denial ability in the entire game.

All those Junkrat defenders.

> Has easy as fuck to dodge projectiles, the only way you can get fucked up by them is if you're in a tight corner and Junkcunt is currently spamming like crazy (which is all what these players can do)

> Dies quickly due to lack of defenses

> Silled players learn to watch out and destroy bear traps

Only thing Junkrat is, is fun, which is all right, but he takes no real skill, easy as fuck, it's easy demoman from TF2, especially considering Overwatch doesn't punish the player for being reckless with their ammo, since it's ulimited. So you can spam like a cunt all day long.
> Tracer

> JUST a minor nuisance

If a Tracer is good she wil sucesfully take off enemies one by one.

Your job isn't to take damage, it's to create aggro from your team. You're still squishy as fuck, but you're trying to make a presence without too much risk

Assuming these posts are form the same person, you have once again merely restated my initial points without adding anything new.

How can we make Mei better at higher levels of play, and make her less consistent at lower levels of play?

idk man, the sneaky justice from overhead is pretty good

A tracer with good aim can be annoying, but is also countered by players with good aim. If she is somehow really that bad against your team, then get a mccree or roadhog to shut her down.

She doesn't need to be useful at everything and in every situation. Currently she's fine, because she's only really good on certain maps and at certain points in the match. She's situational but still good in the situations which require a hard CC defensive hero.

That's all you can really say about Mei.

>playing lucio, ana is 2nd healer
>ana misses her ult and hits me
>fuck it
>speed boost and go on a punching spree
>triple kill

He really doesn't. He is excellent at his job, the only people who think Winston sucks are scrubs who want to rack up kills and get gold damage dealt. He is a brilliant harraser and has a leap that covers huge distance and is on a low cooldown. Get in, harass the squishies, leap the fuck out. It's that simple.

>Genji ready with ult
>Reinhardt ready with ult
>Ana ready to nanoboost either one
>team is well spaced out
>Nanoboosts Lucio

I've noticed with Ana's ult it can be applied to whoever is just touching her ass. Like, you can be off screen from the Ana's perspective but the ult will go to you even though you're aiming at the Reinhardt.

Same with her healing grenade, it'll just explode on nothing because someone is behind you, instead of flying towards the person you need it to hit.

Remove her from the game.

Mei is good for utility. The walls are hit and miss, but she does a good job for all the area of overwatch that aren't strictly shooting and healing.

Stop running into it. It has a massive magnetism angle.

He's a shit tank with no survivability and his ult is worthless. The CD on his shield is almost laughable and I'm not sure why it hasn't been addressed already. 15 seconds for a crappy dome which protects you for all of 3 seconds? Fuck off.

Winston needs a complete rework to his entire kit, let alone a buff.

>Tracer
Yeah no, unless they're aimbotters

Probably the former.

They need to change his class or something because his job is literally 'be Genji with a bigger hitbox'

>Shitter detected

In high level play Winston is an auto pick for KOTH. His leap allows him to chase down squishier players and to escape trouble for a heal, he becomes an instant threat that the whole team has to turn their attention to in order to deal with him. His shield just further enables his ability to escape death and to harass people.

His ult is also a harassment tool, the enemy team has to turn their attention onto him in order to deal with him, whilst chewing through 1000 health and being knocked around this allows your team to make a push forward or get to the point during overtime. It's not the greatest ult but it's good for a specific job.

You can always tell who is bad at this game by their opinion of Winston, people who think he is useless are always low rank shitters who don't know how to angle and time his leap.

Genji isn't for being notice as much as hot monkey dick in your face. Tanks just mean aggroer in this game, not that they are survivable.

>Be Genji with a bigger hitbox

He's literally nothing like Genji. Currently Winston is good at exactly one thing, which is mobility. He's great for getting places fast, sure, but there isn't much point in getting anywhere if you're just gonna be killed immediately after touching down.

>B-BUT HE CAN HARASS!

No he fucking can't. People need stop saying this because it just isn't true.

How do we fix the cutest tank?

anyone got a symmetra mine placing guide? i have my own spots for the maps i use her on, but that's all from watching other random sym player placements. i'd be curious to see others placements or what high level syms do.

Only in Overwatch will you get people get mad at others for using the only hero that actually requires skill in the game, and who is also the best practice.

In the "casual" mode, too.

Quotations because both modes are casual.

Add 100 ammo to the tesla gun and reduce the shield cooldown by 2 seconds.

EZ PZ

>playing rein
>watch my teammates charge In front of my shield and die
>it's only me left
I think I like it better that way

Can't fix perfection.

Let's clear something up, tank never means they can tank damage. It just means that people notice them more. People have been so spoiled with formulaic healing and tanking tactics for the past 50 years. Healing is engaging then just spamming flash heal on a tank, and tanking is more engaging then being a damage sponge.
Roadhog is for gank and flank pushing the enemy line
Reinhard is for making a line in the sand
DVA is for mobile combat fluidity
Zarya is for fucking chess masters who can predict enemy movements
And winston is for shoving hot monkey dick in everyones face till they deal with him.
People play two tanks in comp, because you don't just need a damage sponge. You need utility.

Place them high and around corners. DO NOT MAKE A MICROWAVE. The turrets just need to do their slowing and mild damage to piss people off or get rid of rushers. Before you place one just think, "Can a junkrat's random lobs blow up my turret" and then "Can one winston undo the past 6 minutes of work?"

>videogame balance debates on fucking Cred Forums

But he can. That's the whole point of the character.

So like Genji.

When I play Ana I always boost Zaryas if they don't have their ult ready.

Ana's ult charges so insanely fast that I can pump out boosted people every minute. Zarya meanwhile seems to take 3+ minutes to build up a graviton surge on a good day, so I'll give her one of my boosts so she can do more damage and get her ult ready faster. Generally by the time she has it I've got my boost ready and can give it to Genji/Reinhardt/whoever else

>Hop into enemy team and kill healers
>Use high escapability to flee
>Continue

Literally Genji.

ANA Y U ULT ME?
U ULT ONLY REIN

STOP JUMPING RIGHT IN MY FACE YOU CUNT

>Plays a hero that requires skills
>Has 10% accuracy

>Hanzo shitter detected

9 times out of 10 the Hanzo player is total shit. It's the same thing with Genji, you're lucky to get a good one. They never go for the objective, they contribute little to the team and are the first to complain when things go wrong. They play Hanzo regardless of what map it is and what the situation is, "10 seconds left on Ilios/ruins? Better stick with Hanzo".

Good Hanzos' are out there but they're like a diamond in a mountain of pig shit.

You're powered up, get in there.

It's also kinda tricky managing when you've got Reinhardt as your only tank. Like, you can give him the boost so he can push in, but you're going to lose the shield and if everyone doesn't follow right with him there's no one left to protect everyone else.

>And Winston is for shoving hot monkey dick in everyone's face till they deal with him

Which will be in all of 3 seconds since he's really easy to kill. People who say Winston is a good harass have clearly never played Winston, because he's an awful harass. At best he's a mild inconvenience and his ult just makes him a massive target for everyone to get a free ult off.

Better add McCree to that list

>Game ends
>We win
>Enemy mercy bitching that he lost even though he was healing
>Say in chat if he was a better healer he could have won.
>all that salt

>my face when ana buffs me while playing zarya and i'm at zero charge. and i accomplish literally nothing/kill nobody

WHAT DO I EVEN DO HELp

We get it, you're a shitter that can't get out of silver.

i do that already, except i still make microwaves but am trying to move away from it. i'm realizing making 2 different sets of a triangle (3 turrets in different spots that all hit a target) is probably what i should be aiming for, but i don't have that down on all maps yet. and i'm less worried about junkrats and more worried about dva ult/winston/mei

portal placement ideas would be nice too.

>Jump behind enemy lines
>Drop bubble
>Harass the healers
>Allies turn a 180 to shoot at you
>Jump back to your team

>that one guy on Cred Forums who thinks Winston is terrible even though he's used a ton in high level competitive

>Being mean to the enemy team
Why?
I would like for everyone to have a good time.

See Use the bonus damage/defense as a means to get your ultimate up faster. Zarya's ult is one of the best in the game for absolutely fucking up a team but takes painfully long to charge. Ana's ult is almost as disposably easy to charge up as Tracer's is.

>Jumping infront of everyones bullets
>Dead monkey
>Jumping behind everyone's bullets as they start to scatter into their own fights
>Monkey giving dong to petite japanese brothers, a Brazilian fuckboi, and white nurse
Of course, I'm assuming you actually know how to play winston in the same way you expect a reinhard not to charge into a bastion

What do you guys do when the match is about to begin?

I main Winston so I always play that clip of LTG talking about being a monkey and his bbc over my mic

No he can't lol. Stop forcing this idea that Winston can harass, he fucking can't. His jump CD is too long for him to hop in and out of situations on the fly, and he has no survivability at all.

>Hope into a fight
>OH FUCK OH FUCK TAKING DAMAGE!
>Throw down bubble shield which is destroyed immediately
>Jump is still on cooldown
>MORE DAMAGE!
>Dead

That's how the average Winston battle plays out.

>playing overwatch

yup, pretty retarded.

>People who say Winston is a good harass have clearly never played Winston

The people who say he isn't are the people who have no fucking clue how to use him. You use his leap to outflank or get to a vantage point, you wait for the enemy team to get engaged in combat, you then drop down/leave hiding spot and target the low health characters. Now the enemy team has to pay attention to you or you will kill off a player. Once they turn their attention to you leap the fuck out, throw down your shield for an easier escape if you have to.

It's that easy. He completely nulifies Genji and is a nightmare for snipers, even as enemies are trying to escape you can hunt them down and apply monkey dick. He's good at what he does, anyone who knows how to play him knows this.

>no survivability
>ult is worthless

i think people who are awful at the game shouldn't have any authority suggesting kit reworkings.

You're doing it wrong then.
You're not supposed to go to the middle of the enemy team.
Just hit the flankers/healers and anyone trying to go for a health pack/ waiting for healer.
You'd be surprised by how effective he is at shutting down sniper and mercy.

Mei is perfectly good and in fact is incredibly strong on maps like Hanamura or Anubis.

>wall covers the entirety of chokepoints, allowing for easy picks or stalls
>wall lets characters without vertical mobility reach higher areas, such as the platform on Hanamura last
>easily the best hero at stalling on last points in the game
>ult covers the entire objective and entirety of most chokes

She's dogshit on maps where the length of her wall doesn't cover an entire area. That's it. If you want buff her then make her wall bigger.

>>Hope into a fight
You're not supposed to hop on a fight, you're supposed to hop behind the fight and harass the healers

if on defense, try to keep it in the next zone you'd have to defend or be pushed back to. It makes it harder to find without someone deliberately looking for it. You're teleporter probably won't feel satisfactory, but it is making a huge difference if you get 4-6 people through. When you start to get the feel for it, you can be more cheeky with it.

On offense, what the fuck you doin nigga? Actually it might be useful sometimes on offence, but that's only theoretical. I can think maybe russia or annubis might be nice, but I can't say with certainty

Chain lightning ez

Mei is just anti fun, anti game play, they shouldn't even nerf her, just remove her from the game, only obese chasers would miss this fat ugly cow.

>Hop into a fight

And that's why you're shit. You don't fucking jump into the enemy team, Jesus Christ. You use it to outflank and to get away. Why the fuck would you leap into the middle of a huge fight? Of what purpose does that serve? The only reason you should do that is if you've ulted.

What? The way I see it, Blizzard has only been supporting comp play ever since it started.

This is all I see when talking about Winston. "You're supposed to do this" and "You're supposed to do that". The fact of the matter is this: His CD on the jump is too long to be effective at getting in and out of fights on the fly, his CD on the shield is too long and provides only minimal protection, he has no heal, he has only mild damage output, and his ult is the worst in the game.

STOP PRETENDING WINSTON IS FINE.

>harass the healers
literally one of the best lucio killers in the game

>tfw I got boosted as Mercy for the first time today
That was my exact reaction, haha.

>STOP PRETENDING WINSTON IS FINE.
>Pretending

Then please explain why competitive players use him so much

Lucio, genji, mercy, and tracer

And you clearly haven't listened to a word of it. His leap is not for jumping into fights, it's to outflank.

>Leap to a vantage point
>Wait until the enemy team is engaged in combat
>DON'T LEAP IN, just drop down/walk in
>Apply monkey dick
>Leap out when you start taking punishment

His leap is a 6 second cooldown, if you don't jump into fights you will never have a problem leaping out. The only way you can get fucked is if you fuck up the trajectory of it. You are seriously shit at the game if you cannot comprehend this.

And he still works in both high and low level play for most people.
If you join the fight from behind, the enemy is now surrounded, just lost whatever was on their back(healers/snipers) and your team should be in their front, so you should win the team fight.
If you get killed without being able to escape, is because you are attempting to fight to many people at once without allies.
Guess what, other heroes also get shitted on if they attempt 1x2 or more in most situations.

Man the amount of dumbasses that play this game is TOO damn high

>His leap is a 6 second cooldown, if you don't jump into fights you will never have a problem leaping out. The only way you can get fucked is if you fuck up the trajectory of it. You are seriously shit at the game if you cannot comprehend this.
and also dont always have to drop that shield immediately, but only when taking damage/trying to escape (unless you want to get cheeky and zone out an Ana trying to heal)

>start match
>team is anything but Rein, Zarya, Lucio, Zen, McCree, Genji

Is there a better team than this?

Shield has 800 health. That isn't low at all considering the strongest DPS hero in the game has 140 DPS in terms of damaging shields.

Leap cooldown is 4 seconds. That's exactly how long it takes for Winston to kill a Squishie, assuming he misses a jump or doesn't use it at all.

Lightning gun can also hit multiple targets, not that this matters in low tier shitter ranks where no one groups up ever.

Heals don't make a hero good. Just look at Roadhog.

Worst ult would go to one that's easy to shut down. Something like Junkrat tire or Death blossom.

No one is pretending. Winston is hella strong.

>Is there a better team than this?
Are you talking attack, defense, or control, because that matters.

Depends almost entirely on the map and enemy team comp you retarded metashitter.

He is the hardest counter in the game against evasive heroes and healers. I don't see how people don't think so. And his shield has extreme utility.

I don't see him much in comp and I'm hovering around 3200 currently. People use him a lot in QP because stacking Winston's on KotH is still stupidly OP.

??? Just jump when you need to reload

I see him quite a bit at 3500. The thing is that most people don't switch character and Winston is one of those characters you can switch to when the time is right. I've given countless amounts of monkey dick to Genjis' who just refuse to switch and end up contributing little. I've played a lot of Winston, he's one of my favorites along with Rein, Zen and Tracer.

>playing junkrat

>His shield has extreme utility

Let's not go crazy. It's alright as a panic drop or for getting people through chokes, butt the fact any enemy can freely move through it and force you out sometimes renders it a bit useless. The CD is also too long.

Seriously? That's your comeback?

This with a super minor damage nerf would be my fix.

shave a second or two off the shield CD and you have my vote.

mei is good on defense her alt is so good if they are team is trying to push on payload or point

It hard counters a lot of ults from popular heroes, like mcree, and placement can make a big difference.

This would be nice. I almost can't kill a lucio with a full amount of ammo without needing to reload if he amps up his healing once.

It's funny to punish Junkrat/Pharah by making them kill themselves with their explosives.

Bronze or quick match only player.

>thread successfully derailed by some troll saying winston is shit

I mean, I don't expect a lot from people who post in these Overwatch threads but c'mon.

At least we're discussing the game, which is better than people posting lewd Mei pictures and arguing over whether she's fat or just chubby.

why do people hate on console players when it's the superior version?

It's the same fucking game, the only difference is m+k or controller.

Because the level of play is hilariously low compared to pc just because of control handicaps.

I can outplay you though

Because it isn't. It's a shitty port that was clearly not balanced or designed around controller inputs, to the point where it's damn near impossible to play certain characters effectively unless you use a retarded claw grip or something.

It isn't. Game is balanced differently in terms of numbers and such and is played almost entirely different than on PC.

Not if I walk behind you.

I'll buy the game on pc and play with a controller and still school you

boosted Zen isn't too bad honestly. he has some of the best DPS in the game and his only weakness are his low health and slow speed, which the boost takes care of. a boosted Zen wiped my team earlier today