Game was horrible

>Game was horrible
>Sequel released
>its better in every way
>Cred Forums hates it cuz its popular and circlejerks about how underrated the first one is

Name the game

Bioshock

but 2 isn't very popular?

Oh I meant Bioshock as a spiritual sequel to System Shock 2

the opposite also happens

take Cred Forums and their defense of the star wars prequels

Dark Souls 2

Deus Ex: Invisible War

new vegas
fallout 4

Faggots

Wat

Devil May Cry 2

did you just call system shock 2 "horrible?" what a fag. The comparison between system shock 2 and system shock 1 is far more accurate to OP

GTAIV->GTAV

Metal Gear Solid 2

mass effect 2

no one likes dmc2

I didn't love IV, but I find some parts of it better than V. Some parts of V are better than IV though.

Lots of people would agree with me.

The Witchers

Thought not really. I honestly think the whole series is about the same, but that their differences are over exaggerated and don't matter that much in practice.

Bioshock 2 was great and you know it.

>Someone actually likes DmC2
>They think its more popular than the games before and after it which made the entire franchise
>They think the DmC2 hatred exists only on Cred Forums

Assassin's Creed.

Mass Effect

Mass Effect

Everyone here loves AC2 and most people think that AC1 was good though

Starcraft

it really was though

Smash bros?

Cred Forums doesn't really talk about it but Red Steel 2.

Borderlands 2.

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Invisible War isn't popular.

find me a single person who thinks red steel 1 was "underrated"

But bioshock isn't better than system shock 2 in anyway besides graphics. which won't matter when the remake is released.

So you still make no sense.

Assassin's Creed

melee enemies in Bioshock can hit you if you move, so here's that

well, and I think BS setting is much more inventive, SS2 is fairly standard futuristic stuff really

DMC2 isn't popular. It infamous.

Cyber mutants is a standard futuristic thing?

I meant more environments. Monsters were actually really good and inventive. I'd say BS had better environments, but monsters definitely go to SS2.

fallout 3
mass effect
dragon age
assassins creed
mirrors edge

4 is worse than 3
I want heat sinks back
Nobody liked 2
Everyone loves 2
Mirror's Edge never had a sequel. Just a reboot that ruined the character story and mechanics.

did you mean to contradict OP?

Super Mario Bros 2

Fallout 1-2
Cred Forums being autist and shitting on 3 .
Contrarian faghots

Watch Dogs

I can't really think of any. Dead Rising 2 sorta fits although "better in every way" is questionable.

but... muh ring theory

The Witcher 2

Witcher 2 is the worst in the series, but that's only by comparison

>dmc3 widely known as one of the greatest games of all time
>DmC:Donte the demon killer infamous in it's shittiness, the ultimate fuck you given to us in place of dmc5 maybe the most wished for game ever
DmC:donte may cill is popular because of how much of a fuck you it is

I didn't particulary hated the first one, but the sequel nailed the combat

3 is dog shit regardless of contrarianism

what about DMC4? everyone hated it because MUH NERO but now that DmC is out it's suddenly the greatest game ever

I'm not everyone and I never hated it.
I honestly liked it more than 1 and 3.
But that is just me.
DmC is still complete and utter trash with no redeeming qualities.

Hotline Miami

>HM2 IS BAD BECAUSE I CAN'T CHEESE MY WAY THROUGH TINY LEVELS ANYMORE

Only difference is that HM1 wasn't horrible, but HM2 is superior in almost every single way

DMC4:SE made it a better game

IMO the best in the series

the difference is that people hated dmc4 for the wrong reasons, and people liked DmC for the wrong reasons

one was undeserved hate and the other was undeserved popularity

>HM2
>superior in every single way
>no cheesing

are you serious? half the levels in that game are either so open or full of glass you need to bait out enemies one at a time before making any real progress. i never had trouble with the maps in 1 but in 2 i was getting killed from off the screen more times than i could count

FFXIII

I don't care who you are. This game was a fucking catastrophe. Anything would have been an improvement over it as long as it wasn't a fucking hallway benchmark.

Nobody actually likes DmC

Bioshock 1 is good though, it's just not as good.

Say something good about 3.

DR2 IS better in every way, but how it's better has you question whether or not the additions were a good idea

>the difference is that people hated dmc4 for the wrong reasons

Having to do all the stages twice is not the wrong reason. That is one of the most legit reasons you can come up with.

DR2:OTR is the true sequel

Alice the madness returns

I meant the combo weapons. Objectively, it's a good, fun idea. But it also breaks the game and defeats any reason to use anything but combo weapons.

Kingdom Hearts

Yes, you really think a corny mixture of too done to death sci fi themes hasn't been done as well?

AC 1 is trash

*two

Demon souls & dark souls

Dota

hl3

I've always thought DMC4 was the best in the series.

Dark Souls 2

But Demon's Souls is objectively better than Dark Souls in every way shape and form.

System shock has the interesting enemies and idea. cybernetic enhanced and controlled mutants.
Bioshock has the interesting setting.
Underwater Science Utopia turned Dystopia.

Case in point.

I think people are retroactively hating Bioshock, because it's not a bad game, it's a great game. Yes 2 is better, but I think the (justified) hate for Infinite and Levine's writing for Infinite is so strong that it causes people to hate the original Bioshock by proxy. I mean, people certainly didn't hate Levine when he made and wrote the Freedom Force games, or when BS1 came out.

Chain of Memories was not better than KH1.

This is currently happening with Nier.

Even people like me who love Nier recognize that it's a very flawed masterpiece.

But Nierfags hate that Platinum Games is doing the combat because it brought in alot of outsiders and made that franchise more popular. Even got people to buy and play the original games.

I like that Platinum is doing the combat, it was very barebones in 1 but the story was incredible. Looking forward to this one.

Most people who are pure gameplay gamers, won't be able to finish the original Nier

spinoffs don't count

Deus ex invisible war

Idk, I wold say me3, two is pretty solid and definitely an improvement on the first.

Can't wait to play this on my PC

I hate you for using that word

ill fukn fite u m8

Soon:
Paper Mario: Color Splash

Undertale

Sonic adventure

2 was pretty great but the open levels where you get instantly shot from offscreen were bullshit, don't try to defend that shit.

League of Legends.

It's not better in the way that your daughter is dying so to do the story you have to keep giving her drugs all the fucking time.

Literally every metal gear solid game

Your mom and your sister.

I'm literally waiting to play Nier 1 after Automata because I thought I read that Taro said that those that play Nier first won't be able to understand Automata as well as someone who hasn't

Tekken 5.

Max payne 3 was WAYYYYYYYYYYYY better than the first two.

There's no sequel you fucks

Bayonetta 2

Xenoblade Chonicles

>inb4: EAD TATSU LOLOL
>inb4: SHIT STORY nice gameplay
>XC story isnt even that good, XCX was better