Is the Disposition mini game the worst game mechanic in any game ever?

Is the Disposition mini game the worst game mechanic in any game ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qN80_7rNmcE
youtube.com/watch?v=D_x-x0gawck
youtube.com/watch?v=tAHBMj2N5Qs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I never had any clue what the fuck I was doing.

it's pretty good in oblivion desu

If you couldn't get someone up to max disposition in less than thirty seconds you don't know shit about vide games.

its actually pretty good.

No, it was fine.

Yeah. Aren't trivial minigames that invalidate your character build bad in RPGs?

How did people not understand this mini-game?

All you have to do is line up the largest possible cone with one of the emotions in accordance with the character's facial expression. You do this until their disposition reaches the level you want.

It's not hard.

this. what the fuck was it about

Jesus..

>spam bribe
>disposition up to maxfor a few gold
If it can be skipped its not the worst mechanic ever

I just bribed the person.

Actually I don't think the disposition affected anything other than prices in shop

yeah but you can only rotate once without selecting something so inevitably you're going to select something that displeases them which will send the disposition back down. how the hell do you get around that? please.

Select big cones that make them happy, select little cones that make them mad. It's that fucking simple.

You can't, you have to balance it. If you get big cones on the things they like and little cones on things they dislike, you'll end up with a net positive.

>people claim they didn't understand this
>its actually simple as fuck

was it just a meme?

I get what you were saying but how much it can go up is based off your stats, like if you have a low speech you'll only get a max of 10 points of the minigame even if you do it right but if you have a high speech then the benefits quickly can get you to 90 plus.

Needed high dispo for certain characters to give you information

Pretty sure there was a thing on it in the manual, too.

>create cheap spell that massively increases disposition on touch for 1 second
>cast on NPC
>engage them in conversation
>time stops during conversation so you keep the disposition bonus the whole time

But its basically impossible to get a max speech. You only need to do this maybe ten times in the game. This would be maybe three levels tops. You would have to spend hours and hours playing this minigame uselessly all so you can play it faster later.

Unskippable cutscenes are far worse

so i have to save the rotation for the right moment?

Came here to post this, I'm surprised so few figured this out

big pieces of pumpkin pie = high effect
small = low effect
characters will like or hate different actions like joke/coerce/etc.
try to use low values on things they'll react negatively to, and the inverse.
you gotta plan ahead a bit due to it rotating with each turn.

>highlight option
>look at face reaction to option
>balance the options to get a preferred outcome

It's a stupid mechanic but it's not rocket science you fucking retards.

That's the intention. When you're at the point where you would need to spend one of your big cones on a bad disposition, you should probably rotate it. That being said, sometimes you get a pattern where you can't get big cones on the good disposition without tagging a bad disposition with a big cone, so you have to make the choice of either taking the bad with the good or only marginally increasing.

Are you serious niggers?
Click a section, if they react positively their disposition goes up. Negatively, it goes down. The size of the colored part in each section is how high the effect will be. So once you know which options they like you try to hit the big section in a spot they like and the little sections in a spot they don't. It's not rocket science.

This.

This is how I get all the Master Trainer quests.

>there are people on :Cred Forums RIGHT NOW who dont understand this

what the fuck? i figured this shit out when i was 12

its pretty fun

if you were under 18 when this game came out then you are a faggot.

Joke's on you I literally suck dicks. Who's the faggot now?

kek

>hes literally almost 30 and shitposting on a tibetan movie forum

rofl

i guess we are both faggots now.

>Cred Forums

same

worst mechanic ever and you can see it was such a piece of shit they never bother doing something similar again

It was shitty but you rarely needed to use it. The stupid computer mini game in fallout was everywhere.

The lockpicking minigame was worse.
It made the entire skill pointless.
Why was it so fucking easy for fuck's sake Todd.

Still better than anything in Morrowind

Some quests would have people ask you to pay them for info, or you could just raise their disposition.
Guards would settle small to medium bounties for you if your disposition with them was >85.
Disposition determined whether bandits were hostile on site. Now, you couldn't increase disposition with them through a minigame, but if you had high Personality and high Fame, they wouldn't be hostile on site.

Its even easier if you get the unbreakable lock pick artifact. Just bash auto-try and you win.

I think it was an alright mechanic for what it was, kind of fun.
But they probably removed it because it was hard to learn.

Yeah, and then you get thrown in jail and think "well this is so easy!" but break your pick.

Its shit because it is the reason Oblivion is full of open faced helmets; in order to facilitate the fucking hideous facial expressions to let you know how the NPC will respond to each piece.

There was always something exciting about picking a locked door in some random house wondering if a person or a good treasure was behind it.

The only problem was 99% of the time there was nothing there.

>literally no NPCs wear masks or helmets that cover their face
>I'm autistic so I can't identify their facial expressions

It was a mess. Luckily gold was so easy to come by I just bought everyone's love

Just like real life

I like that. A lot!

>mfw I completely forgot why the autism central board could not figure this mini game out

Not now. Not later. NOT EVER!

>people shit on this minigame when Morrowind's was literally RNG

is this post real

You didn't need that
Go around in a circle once with the smallest piece and listen to their reactions, bam now you know

Ends of mouth down=unhappy, ends of mouth up=happy, how can the simplistic emotional expression of game NPCs really confuse even a downie like you

I won't fight you

tell that to todd.

Well I'm sure there was SOME face-concealing armor, it just wasn't Iron or Steel. Wasn't the Dwarven still all-concealing?

Uh, no? It's easy and it's fun.

Dwarven, Daedric. Those are all I remember. Peninal's helmet doesn't count.
I really fucking wish the helmets in that game weren't ass fucking terrible
>glass

you know oblivion really had something that skyrim didn't and FO4 certainly didn't...I've been thinking of going back and playing it. Oblivion is so comfy, especially emerging and seeing the ayylmao ruins for the first time

What are some mods that are considered essential for oblivion now? What is the best combination of things to use to upgrade the graphics?

1 second long spells and enchants were broken as shit. Make a spell with reduce life 100 for 1 second and breeze through the game until level 20.

>make spell with Drain (Skill) 100 pts for 1 second on self
>paying for training with trainers is dirt fucking cheap

I don't know.
Oblivion was my first TES, but nowadays I can only do 100+ hour playthroughs on Morrowind or Skyrim.
Oblivion, whether it's heavy modded or not bores me pretty soon, although I still remember the faction questlines fondly.

Or just Chameleon for 1 sec on some armor. Everything single enemy will ignore you.

How goddamn stupid are you people? I was 15 when the game came out, and the only hard part of the entire game for me was the Thieves Guild quest line near the end.

feel like the world was way more interesting in oblivion

Enchantment is even more broken than spell crafting, and a chameleon suit requires some harder to get materials to make while the instantly kill 90% of everything button can be made at any time.

I'm not gonna lie this isn't tint rose glasses but oblivion for sure is nearly the best of both Skyrim and Morrowind, the faction quests were so godamnned good in oblivion

>By superhuman effort, you can avoid slipping backwards for a while. But one day, you'll lose a step, or drop a beat, or miss a detail... and you'll be gone forever

I prefer the yellow/orange/red mechanic in Fallout 4 where nothing ever works anyway regardless of what you choose.

I felt like it was too big and the interesting things were pretty sparse.
Traveling by foot/horse felt like a chore after a little while, and although UL made the world very pretty and with OOO you had decent loot and enemies that could fuck you up it still felt monotone to me.

Comfy is a synonym for nostalgia. Oblivion is just as shity as later Bethesda games.

the level up messages and vampire dreams in Oblivion were so good

who doesn't fast travel everywhere

Lol same. Was there any case where you actually needed to use this?

People who aren't complete shit eating casuals.

bethesda games aren't shitty but nice parroting of what you think are Cred Forums's official opinions

or maybe they are shitty, but they're still great

people constnatly bitch about the engines without realizing more work goes into the content than practically any other games

Bethesda games are shitty, but some are enjoyable. Oblivion was shitty but it had some variety, so it was less shitty than Skyrim.

That's what i'm saying, you never feel like you'll miss stuff by fast traveling in Oblivion because the world generally doesn't have any interesting stuff to do outside of quests.

I liked traveling in Morrowind for some reason, entering every dungeon and clearing it to see if there was something unique and special inside, with modded Skyrim I felt the same, but not even with overhauls and better dungeons I could feel the same with Oblivion.

but what's the fucking point. In Morrowind you're given loads of good fast travel options, in Oblivion you have none of those to fall back on and there's barely anything to see in the world anyway, so what's the point

>non competitive non multiplayer game
>"casuals"
rofl

>Get caught for minor crime
>Go invisible
>Charm guard and then talk to him
>Guard tells me not to worry and pays off my fine

Although a very non-fleshed out mechanic with a lot more to be desired there was a cool idea behind it.

>glass armor
>got a mod that changes the color to a reflective chrome
>instantly the best looking armor
Its amazing what mods can do

youtube.com/watch?v=qN80_7rNmcE

youtube.com/watch?v=D_x-x0gawck

i'll just leave this here

first one got me

youtube.com/watch?v=tAHBMj2N5Qs

>Use magic so don't have to bother with speech or mercantile
>Use magic so don't have to bother with stealth or security
>Use magic so nothing can ever even target you
Why use anything else?

>Not making it transparent so you can see the nipples and puss

>always disappointed that Frenzy spellcrafting capped at level 25
>learned that if you have 100% Spell Effectiveness (ie no armor equipped at all, clothes are kosher) then it'll work on anything even above level 25
and that is how magic can get away with murder

Don't talk such rot

At least it was better than Morrowind's