Why the FUCK didn't they make it Halo instead of some half baked Halo rip off universe...

Why the FUCK didn't they make it Halo instead of some half baked Halo rip off universe? Literally all the halo elements are at play
>humanity with its back to the wall
>alien hierarchy with multiple races
>organic, parasitic faction
>humans in power armor
What the fuck were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

ishtar-collective.net/categories/books-of-sorrow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This game is fun if you have rl friends playing it
Any game have a similar raid style that involves multiple mechanics by different individuals to successfully clear bosses and puzzles?

>dipshit friends all pre-ordered rise of iron
>all they do is complain about how the game balance is fucked and the rng is rigged and the peer to peer connection blows

>they still raid every week, play trials of osiris and iron banner every time it's available
>they continue to buy silver currency packs almost every week

so many people are like this, they hate the game but shovel hundreds of dollars in to it. why

>people having fun together
Oh the humanity!

I like having fun with friends in casual shooters or racin games, not autistic loot grind fests

Playing both franchises, Destiny's lore is definitely seemingly more expanded than Halo's. Although, I would argue that Halo is handled better so far, but Destiny is doing a lot better as time goes on.

And to be fair all those elements you listed aren't exactly groundbreaking or unique nor is it the first time they appeared in games, let alone Bungie games.

>Why the FUCK didn't they make it Halo
Because they don't own Halo anymore, retard.

Maybe because there last Halo was garbage.

>there last Halo was garbage
do you mean Reach?

Yes

I liked Reach, I can see why some didn't like it but the fact that there was so much more support for custom games and maps really made it great for me. I think that Bungie really fucked up with destiny in that there could be no user created content.

Then clearly you've never played Destiny with your friends, or ever. It's a fucking casual shooter. Also low key think you're making shit up, because since I picked the game up since the last patch and bumped my light level immensely from RNG. You just gotta be doing the right activities (new prison of elders)

>I liked Reach,
I don't care

book was better anyway

Maybe because Bungie didn't own Halo anymore and couldn't fucking use it.

Did anyone here actually play the game? Did you have a group of 4 or 5 mates you knew in real life that met up to beat Oryx together?
it took us three days to finish King's Fall. It was very memorable. Pretty excited to play the new one this fall with the chums

best multiplayer second only to halo 3

Weakest story of all the hslos imo

this is bait

no way this game is fun

just look at the screenshots google give you

For whatever reason it let me download rise of iron w/o paying for it. Was in the store app after reinstalling destiny and the taken king. Clicked on RoI through the taken king page, and it just gave me the option to DL it

>I think that Bungie really fucked up with destiny in that there could be no user created content.
Consoles truly were the death of the FPS genre.

THE TAKEN MEME..

I honestly don't know what to tell you. The game was a ton of fun with my friends. And we're banding together again to play the new raid this weekend. I'm sorry that Google is your justification but I really have no way to defend this point, it's just fun

>tfw all halo had to was make a pve mode/mmo

>Destiny's lore is definitely seemingly more expanded than Halo's.
You are actually retarded, or trolling

looks like Evans to me.

Nah, it's true.

It's basically becuase Destiny is one of the few new FPS that came out within the past 4 years that wasn't dead on arrival so then everyone flocks to it even though Destiny has tons of issues.

Also the fact that SonyBolognas wanted a Bungie game (again) for the longest time.

What you downloaded was the newest version of the Destiny application. If you didn't pay for ROI, you won't have access to those missions, strikes, gear, and the raid.

I've been playing this fucking game since Year 1. I'd have stopped long ago if it weren't for the group of guys I always run with. It's alot more fun with the Co op.

We all just shoot shit, laugh, and drink.

It's more like Warhammer 40K than Halo.

The loot hunt is fun for a while desu.

who cares. i'm waiting for my friend to get that DLC so we can play again. hopefully i can gather some peeps for the new raid

>switch name to not-Halo
problem solved

I'll join you in December after my chemo is finished. Kings Fall was fun.

I've had the game since release and bought kings fall when it came out, the PvE was fun and kept me entertained up until just after prison V2 came out and I never really bothered with the PvP because it's pretty terrible.
I'm probably not going to get rise of iron as when Bungie had a WHOLE YEAR to provide content all they could choke up was 5 missions, a few maps, a strike and a raid which I felt was disappointing considering slow trickle of content overall.

licensing writes dumbass

Idk man look at this. It wasn't just a client update for me to be compatible w other ppl that have it. That would be an update to destiny itself. What I have is this

>>Completed the game alone
>>No friends to do raids with
I haven't even managed to scrape any people together to do the first fucking raid, much less any of the add-ons. They're the only parts of the game that I haven't done yet.

Just message people dude, as long as your light level is good there shouldn't be any problems.

The lore behind the game is quiet a bit different than halo but its still pretty damn good
I wont talk about the game but the lore in Destiny is pretty god damn interesting even if you never intend to play it, Book of Sorrows alone is as good as Bungie has ever been at writing compelling scifi backstory
ishtar-collective.net/categories/books-of-sorrow

Same boat as me
I even enjoy PvP a bit but not even custom matches are enough to get me at all interested in coming back
I will probably get destiny 2 though if Bungie looks like they have learned from their mistakes

Ah I see, you have shit taste.

It took me and my brain dead buddies almost a week to kill Oryx himself after pretty much breezing through the rest of the raid in a few hours

I'll pray for you, brother.

Get well soon.

>I've never played this game and here is my 100% correct and original opinion

Why even talk shit about a game you know nothing about.

>be me
>playing Destiny, year one
>a guy who I met playing battlefield 4 is really into the game, one of the first few to beat vault
>he and a few of his friends take me through vault for the first time, the most fun I had that year
>fast forward a couple months
>crota hardmode comes out
>spend an entire week in the same routine: work, get home, attempt crota HM
>it felt like forever but we finally beat it, amazing bonding experience
>pretty much boss all the content that comes out year one
>fast forward to September 2015
>taken king is out
>notice friend hasn't played destiny for a while
>"I really don't see the point man. We worked so hard for all our stuff and now it's worthless."
>fair enough
>new raid comes out
>manage to find a group to do it with, includes two IRL friends one of which is bro-tier
>all of them except bro-tier are mediocre/shit
>2 months later we beat the raid on NORMAL
>had to put up with their shit ever since
>so far only beaten on hardmode twice
>they all pre-ordered Iron, I'm finished with destiny and not buying it.
I really miss the dude I used to raid with, I occasionally play halo 5 with him but that's about it.

this games amazing, but theres mostly only like 1 thing you do, 1 set of gear, and 1 way to play the game, and then after you do that thats it.

would be great if there was like 20 times more shit in it.

sick blog ya dumb homo gay faggot.