What do you want to see out of Shin Megami Tensei V?

What do you want to see out of Shin Megami Tensei V?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0pwWghrkoig
youtube.com/watch?v=NlPA5FbOk-o
youtube.com/watch?v=hWOSBA_M_Cg
youtube.com/watch?v=dMzfJz3MY2o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sex scenes

I want it to be like Persona

Edgy

I want to violently murder Yaldabaoth with a giant revolver used by a Satan powered by friendship

More waifus, less edgy shit

Just let SMT die out of it's own misery already

I want it to be in Tokyo.

But SMT 4 is already more like Persona than P5

Open world

>character designs by kaneko
>meguro doing the soundtrack
>set in tokyo
>return of first person dungeon crawling
>hard as shit early game but still manageable by playing smart

i don't mind if the series becomes permanently portable but i sure as hell would adore a full blown HD game on a big screen.
is that too much to ask

basically Strange Journey 2 but with:
3D battles
press turn
PC version

Pretty much this. I hate playing SMT games on a handheld

EO engine again, rows, no Press Turn, DeSu fusion system. SMT I and II but not as archaic, basically.

>character designs by kaneko
>set in tokyo
>return of first person dungeon crawling
>hard as shit early game but still manageable by playing smart
YES YES YES

>Meguro
Fuck off.

I want a hd game for the NX with big ass detailed sprites like Dragons Crown/Odin Sphere, absolutely no 3d models for the devils.

Configurable to be harder from the beginning. Not having to farm 3000 points to unlock difficulty switches.

Weird, I love playing jrpgs on a handheld. Frankly I cant see me going back to play 100-200 hours jrpg on consoles anymore.

Dialogue worth listening to, characters that aren't Lawfag/Chaosfag/Neutral mouthpiece. Even difficulty curve instead of the game getting piss easy halfway through.

a remake of strange journey
SMTIV was absolute trash. Literally only SMT desperate for a sequel enjoyed that game.

I dont like playing with handheld when im at home and i dont really travel too much. I guess it would give me something to do while im on the shitter though

Digital Devil Saga 3.

t. vitagen

>telling meguro to fuck off when he was responsible for making awesome shit like this
youtube.com/watch?v=0pwWghrkoig

strange journey got a vita port?

strange journey is on vita now?

He also made complete shit like this though.

youtube.com/watch?v=NlPA5FbOk-o

I never minded this track. I felt like it fit the mood of the dark infinite shopping mall perfectly, just endless repeating shelves of products spanning upwards and forwards endlessly. shit was eerie.
even if it is garbage, can't expect the guy to have a perfect track record can we? or are you implying you prefer the SMT4 soundtrack over everything else meguro has made? 4's soundtrack sounded like generic synthwave in some areas, okay but nothing stellar.

More waifus.

I'm not the other guy, I just wanted to jump into your conversation by venting about how much I hated the shopping mall and how little the soundtrack did to alleviate that

This. Voiced with some new content.

OST is God tier already.

Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

I liked the atmosphere it gave off, but the dungeon itself was mediocre. Horcus was a cool gimmick boss I guess.
you know what other dungeon made me want to shoot myself even harder though?
REMEMBER THOSE NOCTURNE TELEPORTATION MAZES? DO YOU?

Honest question here because I've been wondering since I just finished DMC3 and started Nocturne. Is Nocturne canon in any way to the DMC games?

It's Dante from DMC2 so just as canon as DMC2.

Not really. it was just a silly cameo arranged by capcom and atlus cuz the SMT team had a huge nerd boner for dante, so they wanted him in the game.
as thanks, capcom had kaneko design dante's devil trigger form in devil may cry 3. ever notice how similar it is to some of the demons from SMT? that's why.

>DMC2
Oh god, why
That's really weird, honestly

I doubt it. DMC might be canon in the SMT universe because since Nocturne anything can be canon in the SMT universe.

These.

But also:
A law end in which YHVH isn't shitter.

>really weird
japanese studios like to pull off shit like that sometimes. i thought it was awesome when i first heard of it.
also check out this design, it has kaneko's style from top to bottom.

Nocturne 2 on ps4 and PC

This is the coolest thing I've learned in weeks

>no Demi-Fiend from the Shin Megami Tensei series in DMC4 SE
One job, Capcom.

Didn't Kaneko also design a few mechs in Zone of the Enders?

Also what if Atlus hired Mike Mignola to design some demons for SMT?

just glad to have made your night a little better, user.

Holy fuck, I'm playing through SMT IV for the first time and I was answering the questions randomly without knowing about the alignments and got locked into the Neutral ending. Like, what are the chances of that?

Bruh. Kaneko is like 50.
He's worn out, user.

>V
It's Cred Forums, you moran

fuck you desu senpai. i dropped that fucking game trying to achieve neutral. came back after 3 months and finally did it after much deliberation.
why was it so hard for them to just copy the system they had in strange journey, shit was just so much simpler, i shouldn't have to do all that cryptic shit just to get a simple ending (not even a secret one at that)

So's Urushihara and he's still drawing smut.
I did that as well.

Burroughs is cute

Best angel

Well, SJ choices were meaningless if you knew about the trick before the last dungeon.

Yeah if I recall he designed this mech and its pilot.

I would love to see some Mignola in my vidya.

He is actually genuinely on your side in IV and Apocalypse.

I've never played Enders even though I really should, being a kojimafag and all. thank you for reminding me, user. I just skeemed through some of the mech designs and I can def see him working on them.
Personally I hated almost every single demon design made by guest artists in 4, but Mignola would probably do fucking great. His style fits super well

Urushihara pretty much only draws covers now. IIRC his sight is getting bad or something like that.

>implying he wouldn't just be completely unbeatable

What's Cred Forums's opinion on Doi as a demon designer?

Hirohiko Araki (JoJo) is like 56 and is still drawing 20 page long, super detailed chapters every single month with no hiatuses. no excuse

He made the best looking Odin in years so I won't complain.

Lady and Vergil are in the game so that certainly isn't a problem for Capcom.

>tfw was making great progress in Strange Journey
>now I'm grinding demon sources because of Tiamat
Fuck.

I'd rather bro up with Mastema and save humanity from the archangels than a filthy Chaosfag.

>Mike Mignola
>The guy with a long running comic series about fighting demons and nazis. And nazi demons
>Whos art style makes heavy use of shadow and emphasizes the weird.
Yes please. Make this a thing that happens.

Oh boy, I hope you're a chaosfag.

t. paranoid nintendrone

Araki is also afflicted with the same reverse aging syndrome as Masahiro Sakurai.

He's no Kaneko, but he's damn good

I am.
And it's probably why I'm grinding sources since not a single chaos demon gets dekaja it seems.
Fuck though, all my favorite demons are chaos.

meant to reply to

You know Walter was a fucking idiot but I felt worse taking him and lucifer down than I did taking that Prick Johnny down in the neutral route.

Well since SMT proper seems pretty dedicated to Nintendo formats right now, the NX version of whatever the next game will be might be what you're hoping for. If it does work the way I hope it does, that is.

It's called Vampirism, user.

>No Isabeau in swimsuit.

He's a great designer in and of himself, but a lot of people's problems with him is that he's just not Kaneko. With Kameko, the designs were anime-like, but it had just enough of a western/realistic style that people could recognize him immediately also black upper lip and eyeliner. But with Doi, it's straight on anime. Which is okay imo, but to purists, its like heresy.

>Vampirism
>Forgetting about the rejuvenating factor of hamon, arguably a cooler and more versatile power than stands

heck no

Doi stepped up the designs compared to persona/smt4, but they dont have the same feel as kanekos designs. I think ill really start opening up to his art more when more of the art is from him instead of 20/500 pieces.

i'd rather have a remake of the first 2 games desu

That's what Walter was, a big lovable idiot.

Johnathon is a prick though, but I still like him for some reason.

>johnathon
>pic literally says jonathan, the correct name
fuck's sakes user

Its that luscious mane of hair.

Not my proudest moment, I must admit.

MY DEMONS ARE A BIT DIFFERENT

BEHOLD, MY PENIS

Is she the cutest Apocalypse?

What the fuck is Kaneko even doing these days?

Like a Space Marine mixed with Jules Verne.

Darker tone. 4 felt too Persona-ish.

Persona 5 is ironically more SMT than the most recent mainline games

A Sundress and a Pilot helmet? Is that what they are sending hunters out in nowadays?

Is Magic still broken in Apocalypse?

Best Neutral Rep.

Are you blind? She's wearing plot armor.

That plot armor didn't do much against Shesha

demon bfs

>Persona-ish
How? Shit is grim as fuck with stuff like the Reverse Hills.

>Weird, I love playing jrpgs on a handheld.
This, it's so comfy you can just nestle up wherever you feel like.

Except Stephen. Unless you're counting Stephen as the Neutral deity or something.

So I'm not the only person who mixes them up?

Maybe like a proper SMT game instead of half-Persona? Please and thank you.

Elaborate.

Another home console game with a little edginess like Nocturne or DDS.

More like SJ? You can't deny the influence Persona's popularity had on SMT4's characters and writing.

>Persona 5 engine
>Press Turns
>Vit stat is back
>Phys skills cost HP
>MC gets skills in a way similar to Nocturne or DDS (Demon Whisper was dumb)
>You can pick your skills in Fusions, but demons have affinities like IV:A
>Kaneko as character/new demon designer
>No Demon Designs originating from Devil Summoner or Soul Hackers, only 1, 2, NINE, Nocturne, and Strange Journey
>Meguro for music

wat

SMT 4 seems more like the Devil Summoner Series than Persona.

Can Kitajoh work on some tracks too?

Agree with everything except the last one, I prefer the new composer, Meguro can stick with Persona.

I really don't see a lot of difference compared to I, II and SJ. The characters are just mouthpieces for the alignments.

Go Nagai is like 80 and he still drawing shit

Yeah, that would be cool, just as long as Ryota Koduka isn't the head composer. He makes the entire game feel very budget. He did fine with Trauma Team and Dancing All Night, but IV and Apocalypse are very hit and miss for me.

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI... GOES... OPEN-WARUDO!!!!

FUCK MT
GIVE MORE DEVIL SUMMONER

Sure, doesn't matter much though. Mainline isn't supposed to be happy adventures with friends. It sort of is, but only in a meme way. I liked SMT because it was more honest about the world than other games... now it looks like all other otaku trash on the market.

And 4 had a perfect soundtrack and beautiful environments that would be hospitable to a real SMT game. Just sort of went to waste.

I legit felt bad for killing my buddies in IV:A since the game actually made me spend time with them.

In I, you probably had some attachment to them compare to others.

In II, you didn't even had friends, just some random guys who told you what to do every once in a while. Daleth was the only cool one because he was supposed to be your enemy but turns out to be a nice guy.

Everyone is a dick in Nocturne, as far as the player is concerned.

SJ somewhat tried to make you care but Zelenin was just a bitch and Jimenez was an asshole. Their transformation was pretty cool though, made up for me not caring for them personally, I think the radical change is important.

IV had the right idea by making you spend time with your friends before you kill them, especially Isabeau, although you don't actually see the transformation of your opposing friend in Law/Chaos paths so some of the impact is kinda lost.

Return to first-person dungeon crawling, but rather than having random encounters, have enemies wander the map, taking (usually) one step for each step the player takes. When encountered no transition to a battle screen takes place, they are simply fought where they're found in fast turn-based combat reminiscent of that found in Roguelikes, allowing movement, ranged attacks, etc. but with the ability to command all party members instead of having them act as "pets", and the entire party occupying one tile. Like Legend of Grimrock but turn-based.
If combined with tighter resource management featuring scarcer recovery items and less MP, and at least the option to enable save points instead of being allowed to save anywhere, this should make the combat more interesting by introducing elements like ranged attacks and AoE, and incorporating the environment's layout, traps and gimmicks like teleporters and pits.

The lack of these elements tends to make normal encounters in JRPGs, even SMT, feel extremely simple and nonthreatening in my opinion, and it gets old fast. And even in Strange Journey I felt that the dungeon layouts barely affected the game at all, people always go on about how SJ has great dungeons but their design never seemed to affect their challenge or how they played to me.
Hopefully these changes would help to address both of these issues.

The problem with SMT and all its spin-offs is that the core mechanics got too good (fully realized and fleshed out) too fast

more penis demons

rip

>Going back to Raidou type game-play
It would be nice, especially if they made another console SMT game.

>The dungeon layouts in Strange Journey barely affected the game at all
Are you fucking kidding me?
All those pitch black sections, traps, hidden doors, secret areas and bosses fleeing to different portions of dungeons didn't affect the game for you?

All of this except first person. Also for it to be released in my lifetime.

Not as much as I would've liked given the game's reputation. Hidden doors/areas were cool, dark areas were just busywork if you drew a map, same with teleport mazes, resources are abundant enough that the only traps that really felt like they meant anything were the sleep trap without the app that reduces the chance of it working, and even then running from combat almost never failed so it rarely mattered if you got caught with half your team asleep, and pits, which just make you walk back up.
Bosses running to other parts of the dungeon is just a chance to heal before the next stage of the fight, iirc. What else was there, conveyor belts that made some paths one-way? Who cares?

Some of this stuff, like the damage traps and pits that set you back a floor might've been relevant if there was ever a chance of running out of items/MP with which to heal and fight the demons, but there really isn't and even if there was, battles are easy to run from and there are terminals all over the place anyway.

>3D graphics
>"open world"
>more interaction/better fleshed-out dialogue with demons

Basically I want Nocturne part 2 with updated graphics and some other stuff. The only thing I do NOT want is the first person dungeon crawling, I hate that with a passion.

>bosses fleeing to different portions of dungeons
Don't remind me of that.

Bring back a bunch of the Goetia demons with new designs. A ton of those fuckers haven't been seen since the NES days and even back then they were mostly palette swaps of other demons.

>3D graphics
>"open world"
>more interaction/better fleshed-out dialogue with demons
Isn't that basically SMT IV?

I don't know since I haven't played it yet.

p5 spoilers

2D first person perspective with no bullshit

I don't use "kys" lightly...

These sleepy journey newfags are anoying as fuck.

The game is not even close to being a top tier SMT and it's fucking obvious, you retards like it just because it's not tokyo, AKA the best place to make a SMT or cyberpunk game.

ma nigga
youtube.com/watch?v=dMzfJz3MY2o

so will SMT ever be on consoles again or will it always be handheld garbage while Persona takes the spotlight?

strange journey didn't try to mass appeal to any crowd. It's an artistic work that honors excellent gameplay and storytelling.

Also how can you not have chills hearing this?

Somewhere not set in Tokyo. I like Tokyo but we've done it to death. Let's set it in Hokkaido instead. Or in the Japanese country side. That'd be a spooky place to go hunting demons.

I mean if they just made another nocturne with better models and some improvements I'd die happy

>tfw no fps strange journey

Atlus should have specific teams. We already have two:
The P-Team(Director: Hashino): Made Nocturne, DDS, Persona 3, 4, 5, Maken X/Shao and Catherine

Etrian Odyssey Team: Self Explanatory.

Take the people responsible for Radiant Historia/Strange Journey/Tokyo Mirage Sessions and the people responsible for SMTIV/Apocolypse and Split them into two more focused teams

One team dedicated to making SMT 1 & 2, Devil Summoner, Soul Hackers, IV, and Apocalypse style games, (If they could get Cozy back for these, that would be great, with Kaneko on Demon/Character design, and Tsukasa Masuko for soundtracks.

Everyone else on a team dedicated to making innovative and RPGs like Radiant Historia (And Tokyo Mirage Sessions)

Maybe, also a Trauma Team, if Daisuke Kanada still wants to direct some.